Reviews of Four Points by Sheraton Catania Hotel 4 stars

Via Antonello Da Messina, 45, 95121 Catania, Italy

#38 of 56 hotels in Catania

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Location is really "in the middle of nowhere" and public transport is a joke there. Bathroom was a bit stinky and a staff it's definitely not a Sheraton quality, e.g. I ordered a drink at the pool and there was nobody in the queue but still I was waiting half an hour for my drink because staff was looking for a person who can prepare it. Another day we booked a hotel shuttle to the centre and paid for that. After 30 minutes of waiting we came back to the reception only to hear that on mondays they don't offer shuttle services.

Spend 4 days there. Besides scrambled eggs, breakfasts were great. They served even champagne, tasty fresh orange juice and delicious crossaints. A lot of space at the swimming pool, very nice rooms. Also like small facilities like business corner where you can print boarding pass.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The hotel is old and worn out. The price is a bit high for the interior. Carpets on the floors are old and there are stains visible. Parking is not included and is charged extra.

Staff was friendly, breakfast was ok. It was my birthday during the stay and on the day the hotel staff left a sweet surprise; greeting card and some sweets.

• Superior Double or Twin Room (4 adults)

Check in wasn't smooth. I wanted to settle bill before and it seemed to be a problem. We asked for adjacent rooms as it was a hens party but rooms were not adjacent. I had booked way in advance. One of the rooms was not up to standard - significant differences in description and comparison. After complaint we were asked to view another room but it looked horrible - certainly not to Sheraton's standards. However we were moved to a deluxe room which was sea view and comfortable. I always look out for check in's at hotels and certainly with a little more care and attention to detail this could have been smoother and it would have started our stay in a better way.

The location was nice - lovely restaurants close by. The bed was comfortable.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

maybe ventilation....it is noisy. But after 11.30 p.m. and 7.30 a.m. it´s off.

Good location, great and kindlly stuff, very confort bed, clean, nice and quiet room. Nice bathroom with radio and confort towels - it˝s very nice to stay. Also good trafic (public) connection to city center.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The swimming pool and beach closed at 6.30pm ! The bar prices were very expensive and the breakfast was awful.

The bed was very comfortable and the air con was very quiet.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

First of all the hotel Is Not in catania, but in a suburban area ( my fault completely). On arrival the sink in the hotel room didnt work i had to call the reception twice, and in the meantime went to city.When I came back it was still broken, so I had to call then again, and finally they fix it. The free shuttle is not free at all, as it writes in brochure. they will charge it! And in the end for that price i was expecting so much more!

Staff was attentive. Very good breakfast

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The hotel is not central (which we knew when booking) so it is not that easy to get to Catania if the shuttle bus is not running. The times for the shuttle bus are only in the morning or evening so if you want to go mid day its not very convenient. Also the shuttle bus to the Airport is not the cheapest if you are travelling alone, splitting it with people would be a better option, but if you have an early flight, its your only option to get to the airport.

The breakfast was amazing, everything you could think of was available. Rooms were really nice and spacious, great washroom. We had a large patio with a view over the beautiful pool and sea. I would go back in a second!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The curtain was broken and the room could have done with updating. Very expensive drinks. The swimming pool was lovely though. No beach near. The staff were very nice and helpful. The breakfast was a big disappointment.

The breakfast was not good expensive and self service.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

There were a number of additional charges such as towels 4 Euro, breakfast is 15 Euro and parking. The photos definitely make it look a lot more modern than it is. And the beach is more of a terrace with room for 20 people but no sand.

Staff were friendly.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The hotel is located far from city centre, around 5-6 km. There is a bus passing by in front of the hotel, but it is quite difficult to understand the schedule and sometimes it does not pass by. The hotel had a shuttle to the city centre but it runs only until 11 am (before lunch), then it takes a long break and the last shuttle leaves the city centre at 8 pm. Quite unfortunate schedule of one wants to have dinner in the city. There is nothing much to do around the hotel, if u travel outside seaside season. There are a couple of beach bars, but we travelled late May and they were not open. The beach has black volcanic rocks, the sandy beaches are on the other side of thr city close to the airport

Great breakfast, large variety of food, local charcuterie and cheese, vegetables and fruits. They even had cannolini and to top it off, prosecco! Some rooms have balconies overlooking at sea, make sure you ask for one at reception. Great sea food restaurant nearby

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The hotel is NOT in Catania, it is in a suburb with no nearby village shops, etc. There were no tea-making facilities in the room and room service was expensive. Breakfast charges were eye-watering. And two smallish glasses of wine cost €12. Only for the business traveller I'd say!

The staff were friendly and accommodating.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

There is not much to do in the area directly around the hotel. You are outside the city of Catania. There is no beaches here.

The pool was great. The food for breakfast was amazing. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The restaurant across the street was amazing. There's a little food hut acceoss the street if you want something to snack on that is cheaper than the hotel.

• Superior Double or Twin Room (4 adults)

The downside of my stay is that I was verbally attacked and insulted by an Italian gentleman that I think was affiliated with the parking garage of the hotel. He was very rude and called me vulgar names in Italian because he assumed I was parking my car in the wrong spot. I did tell the front desk know that I was going to share my experience with work colleagues. My company spends thousands of dollars for employees to stay at the hotel. If the guy thought I was doing something improper and he did not speak English then he should have got one of the staff to communicate with me. His actions made me very concerned about staying at the hotel in the future. I thought the guy was going to hit me. I should not have experienced that type of situation. Also, my room was located on the first floor on top of the parking garage. I was awakened from a comfortable sleep on at least three occasions due to cars being driven in and out of the garage in the late night hours or early wee morning. My room was not in a good location for me. Final, I had black ants in my room.

I thought the staff was very nice and helpful. The croissants were very good. I truly enjoyed the fact that the hotel had shuttle service throughout the day and evening that would drop you off and pick you up at Via Etna street.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The daily cleaning of the room was not very good. In the room there was equipment not properly mounted to its position. There was private parking for car but it cost extra 10E per day. Not free (or less of 25E) transportation to-from airport.

Excellent location by the sea. Very good breakfast. I loved the Sicillian corner at the breakfast area with local products Bery good bar which made best coctails

• Classic Double or Twin Room

There was a lot offered for breakfast but it was overpriced for what you got. There were mosquitos and flies in my room. The toilet leaked. The shower temperature didn't change from scolding hot.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was ok, but not as good as you would expect it at this level. The service was terrible. Overall, the interior of community areas and private hotel rooms was very old. The pool was small and by far not as good as it appeared to be on the pictures online. The staff was mostly not very competent. In some cases, they actively tried to fool around with foreign guests. For instance, despite of my precise request to order an ordinary taxi, the staff at the reception ordered an expensive limo service, which I had to take eventually as I had an urgent appointment. On top of that, the driver of the limo drove an extensive detour on purpose (I only noticed cause I am occasionally in Catania for work and know how to use Google maps). Only when I 15 mins later forced him to use its cell and Google maps, he got back on track and finally avoided all the unnecessary traffic jams and detours. At the end the driver wanted me to pay 75€ instead of 20€ with a regular taxi. I had to pay this to the reception, by the way, as hotel and limo service work closely together. This was rather criminal than incompetent.

Nice view from the room, relatively large rooms. The free shuttle service to the city centre was nice. The hotel tried to show quite a few piece of art in the community areas.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Everything was nearly perfect - perhaps a few English magazines in the lounge. Or even newspaper.

Everything was excellent. Particularly Kelma(?) The barmaid - a darling girl and the one chambermaid I had who went out of her way to find my face cloth - un gant de toilette - à toilet glove. It went missing the one day and she brought it to me the next day. Unfortunately or stupidly I left it on my bed and it was taken again. She came back the next day and put it in my toilet bag and zipped it up. Everybody was most helpful including the receptionists - they connected my notepad and phone to the wi-fi, printed my boarding pass etc etc. I had a very pleasant stay. Will thoroughly recommend the hotel. Best wishes Tommi Offret.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The hotel is dated and in desperate need of a refurbishment. The room was not the cleanest, with stained towels, sheets, hairs in bathroom and dirt on the walls.

The staff were all friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

fantastic location near to the sea, very kind and help full staff, and free shuttle bus to the city center (and back)! And.... the food in the hotel restaurant was delicious:-) Thank you staff:-)

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Charged me twice for my room insisting that I hadn't prepaid when I booked in (later refunded). Booked a twin room but was given a double so had to wait until another room was found. Shuttle bus into town only holds 8 passengers so no room on the bus and taxi's very expensive. Given wrong instructions for local bus so ended up miles away from destination. Reception staff weren't terribly efficient.

Rooms and beds were very comfortable, spacious and clean. Pool area was fantastic, breakfast fabulous and bar staff friendly and attentive. Local pizzeria across the road was outstanding.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Clean and comfortable room with a lovely view of the ocean. Great, relaxing location with restaurants directly across the road. Enjoyed the pool and free shuttle into town. Friendly staff.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The restaurant could have been better - frozen food on the menu!!! I suppose at least they told us! Breakfast could have been better with full fat yogurt (low fat is just not good for us!) being available and more fresh fruit.

The location, the hotel design, the ambiance and the staff.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

other meals (than breakfast) were poor, no hot water for a bath in original room hence upgrade, buttons on upgraded bath did not work at all

Room was upgraded and spacious, bed was very comfortable, breakfast was superb

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The place needs Total renovating, there is no Beach, by the sea you can go underground with dark place full of graffiti- is it really sheraton hotel? The room is nice, radio in bathroom sounds Good, view over the sea, breakfast recomend at all but reception Service not all, Young girl telling you to wait because she has to call then laughing by the Phone as if its a child, is it really professionalism. But there was also valuable Service. Other lady at reception really helpful, patient, flawless, the most professional person was hotel driver, absolutelly. On time, respectable, well-bred, reliable, level-headed at all. That's Kind of human is valuable in every field, branch. Otherwise, the hotel is Long Way from the Centre, car park you have to pay additional. Its worth for Relaxing stay, only pool, book, without beach. All in all, i recommend for Greaat breakfast, swimming place

• Superior Double or Twin Room (4 adults)

Pictures are misleading. Pool not as nice and big as in pictures and older than it shows in the pictures in general. For that price, definitely doable to find a more modern - better stay.

Basic stay and overpriced. Good rooms with lots of space and good staff - good breakfast too.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The receptionists barely understand any English. We were said at first that we paid the stay including city tax and breakfast but at the end of our stay they charged us one extra night because “the colleague probably made a mistake” . When I told them I d never stay at that Sheraton she was absolutely rude , yelling at me ironically telling that “you are really nice, you are really nice”. Public transport is a real mess in Catania. The 534 bus taking you from the hotel to the city center does not stop unless the bus driver sees someone waiting for the bus. We lost two buses in a row because of that. Never mention how tardy they were. Staff at the bar and at Il Timo restaurant are of no help: were not even able to explain the courses in their menu. Poor poor English.

The view (room facing the sea) Breakfast Coffee at the bar Taxi provided by the hotel

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The staff is extremely helpful & always willing to help. Everyone from the bar, to the restaurant to the reception welcomed us with a great smile ! It felt like Home

Obove

The hotel has seen its best days. Interior, room and outside is very used and tired. I am sad to say that the staff also are tired. The only reason the hotel is still in business is the name Sheraton. Mext time i will spend my money somewhere else.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Provide water dispensers to reduce the amount of wasteful plastic bottles in the hotel. Breakfast is too expensive. Spa should be included for guests. More shuttle times returning from the city as the taxis are extortionate.

Staff were super helpful and friendly. facilities clean and to a good standard . nice cafe and restaurant across the road

• Superior Double or Twin Room (4 adults)

Location is to far from the city, The food at the hotel was atrocious, not much around the place, only 2 restaurants Mare is a great restaurant

Staff were mostly friendly and helpful, beds very comfortable

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The hotel is located quite far from the city center so one would definitely need to arrange for transportation. The spa is closed on Mondays and so is the restaurant during afternoon timings.

The hotel is located just by the water the one can wake up with great view in the morning. Very friendly staff and great breakfast. It has a nice swimming pool and spa.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

- staff does not care so much (for a Four Points I expected a bit more caring)

- nice breakfast (especially for being in Italy!) - nice rooms - great view

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View (3 Adults)

We went during in early March (probably, the offseason time for them and the shortage of the staff was clearly visible. We did not face much of the issue because of that other than the fact that there was often one person at the help desk and we have to wait a lot to be addressed.

I like the wellness centre and the sea facing balcony in my room. The room size was big enough and the bathroom was nice.

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View (3 Adults)

Having to meet with a garage attendant to get my car every time was annoying.

Best hotel in Catania. Very close to downtown, the airport, etc. Very clean, nice pool area, great breakfast!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Children can't use the spa. The city is far and shuttle doesn't work on Mondays, the local bus also not working. One of the power outlets was short circuit in the room.

The breakfast is fantastic, the staff is kind and helpful.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The cost of parking was high per day The cost of the food is very high, adding breakfast per person per day adds a high cost to the room

you can see in the attached picture that the view from the room was mostly neighbors properties. we used the hotel as a base to visit the erea.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Stuff - Italian girls, kind of impolite, I think it is standard. The lady from the shuttle - pulled the door of the car so hard, that it could break into pieces, while she was talking on the phone about some warranty(her personal problems). They should charge 1/2 of the breakfast price for a 7 year old kid, right ? not full price... . Hotel is very far from the city, but it is on the shore, even that it is on the other side of the road. Italian ladies from the reception should be more polite.. The one in the bar was excellent. they should learn from her...

Hotel is excellent, rooms are nice, it is a 4* indeed. It has the shuttle to city which can save you a lot of money. Internet is ok . We didn't have breakfast.

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View (3 Adults)

4 points as to why you shouldn’t stay here: - the staff while friendly, seem to be a little off with foreign people and trying to speak English or communicate in anything other than Italian seemed to annoy them. - the hotel is very out dated and in serious need of renovating. - the spa is not free for hotel guests which seems ridiculous as this is not clear when booking. - the pictures and description on this website are very misleading. Dont expect a 4 star hotel Overall I give this hotel. 4/10

4 points as to why you should stay here: - staff were friendly and helpful on the most part - rooms were spacious and suited our need - good location to get to Catania or north to Etna and Taormina - if you get a sea facing room the view is very nice.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

No food available in the afternoon. You can get toasts in the lobby bar but that's it.

Big, comfortable, clean hotel across the street from the sea. Very, very good buffet breakfast with amble choice of fresh food and drinks.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The location was off the beaten path. It was too far from where I was working out of. I had to leave early and canx my reservation.

The hotel was very nice and the staff were very helpful. The room was clean and the mattress were very soft.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

There is a FREE shuttle bus to Catania but it is not covering whole day ( which it should because planes leave all day through) and you dont find about it at the reception but only later on in the room when you already had spent some money on taxi :)

EVERYTHING you see from the moment you wake up all the way to the balcony is absolutely PERFECT !! close enough to Catania, extremely close to the Sea, and very close to the Castle in Aci Castello which is an amazing place that most of Catania tourists dont even know of

• Superior Double or Twin Room (4 adults)

Parking was costly and were asked to leave the key to the attendant. In the end parked outside, on the street. Decoration was 1980's, very outdated. Carpets old and unmatching. Beds were very firm. Regular Sheraton hotels and Four Points are several classes apart. Don't be fooled by the brand name.

Breakfast was good. Staff was nice. Vicinity to the sea was good.

• Superior Double or Twin Room (4 adults)

The room for 4 was very small, no space for out the luggage, and ones of the beds you needed to get in from a little space in the corner. The shower system was extremely confuse and hard to use. The hairdryer worked for 1 min and stopped for 2 minutes with 4 people in the room that was very inconvenient. Reception wasn’t very kind, but that was the only person with a not good attitude.

There were some people from the staff very kind, helpful and with a great attitude unfortunately not all of them. There is an ATM just a side of the hotel which is very convenient.

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View (3 Adults)

Housekeeping and the dirty sheets! Also we desperately needed a shuttle and they weren’t running on Monday...... very disappointed!

The room came with dirty sheets, we made them come and change everything! Other than that everything was great! Eugenio was the bartender/ waiter in the restaurant we loved him the most and wanted to take him home to California!

• Superior Double or Twin Room (4 adults)

Needs a renovation. Unfortunately it looks very tired, but it's understandable, as the decor is clearly original and authentic, but still the tired nature detracts slightly from the feel. If you've never driven in sicily it maybe a shock to get to find the hotel on the back roads.

Very artistic and nice architecture. Quirky rooms and style throughout the hotel.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

No full length mirror in room and dressing table poorly lit. Booked 2 rooms but they were not close to each other.

Room was comfortable. Breakfast was good, fresh food. Garage convenient and well organised. Gym sufficient for short breaks. Hotel centrally situated, close to city centre, motorway and places of interest.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The parking could have been free.

This hotel was everything that you would expect from a good 4 star hotel. The staff were extremely helpful and efficient and the bedrooms were spotless with s nice range of complimentary toiletries.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

We went to Sheraton in November - so low season, therefore the price for the room was good. We were given a room with sea view, even though we did not book one. Very nice!!! I like this attitude of hotel staff. If the room is free, why not to give it to the guests, instead of keeping it closed and empty, like it happens in other hotels. The parking a bit expensive, but the price depends on the car you have; so it is quite funny... for BMW, Mercedes, etc.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The reception staff do not appear to have much knowledge of tours etc.

The restaurant and bar are very good with excellent service provided by the staff. Food is great too.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

To get anywhere in the city you got to beat the traffic, which i found was the minus point here.

Great sea view. The building is spacious and decoration is nice, although a bit dated. Loved the balcony. Great breakfast excellent quality. Good bar and excellent treatment from the staff.

pool closed a bit early

We wanted to avoid the busy traffic in Catania and opted for a location on the outskirts of the city. Initally finding the hotel was a bit challenging as Catania seems to have 2 different streets with the same name as the hotel street. Both the Android Here GPS app and the hire car GPS pointed to the wrong street. Luckily the hotel is easier to find if you have paper map print-out. To avoid the Catania traffic mess, just take the free hotel shuttle to the city centre or take the city bus for 1 euro. I would recommend the nice pizza restaurant across the street. It was popular with the locals and the flight crews that stayed in the hotel. Good food. Good Value; On our last night we actually used the room service and the food was excellent.

Posicion 8.5 km far from city

Breakfast is a very large selection of savory and sweet food.Staf is vety kindly.Free of charge Sutli bus to city views clean but needed a litlle renovite Powered by Google TranslateTranslate

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Restaurant was busy and service was slow. Food was just average and the staff was pushy. Parking was offered as street or valet which was rather high but convenient.

Hotel and rooms were clean and modern. Rooms were easily accessible from the lobby. Location was good.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The fact that the bar does not serve snacks while the restaurant is closed, doesn't make too much sense, even if it is saying that it does in the hotel's flyers.

The hotel has good equipment, nice breakfast. the restaurant is great. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The view from the hotel is amazing.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

I thought it was near a good beach but just rock cliffs, and the balcony was very very small!

The hotel was good but the location is little far from Down town and I thought there were better ways to walk from the hotel, and I thought there were beaches near hotel but just rocks and cliffs, The hotel was very comfortable and the staff was very good!! One thing I would have liked better is the balcony, it was very small! But all in all very nice hotel and I enjoyed the stay very much! Thanks, Gunnar Iceland

• Classic Double or Twin Room

We took taxi from airport to the hotel and the taxi driver wanted us to pay 70€ for this ride. Such a robbery! It was very unpleasant discussion with him. I suggest to book the airport transfer offered by the hotel (~35€) if you don't have your own car to avoid such a situation. The hotel offers a shuttle bus to Catania city center but not on the day we were there, on Mondays, unfortunately. One can go to Catania by bus, but we waited for it more than one hour at the bus stop and it just didn't come, but the hotel organized a taxi for us (~20€). Bis ticket costs 1€. The air and temperature in the room were not good and one can not adjust the air conditioning! It was sometimes too cold but then in the middle of night all of a sudden too warm. The air in the room is too dry and there is this ventilation machine functioning the whole night and the noise is really annoying. Luckily we could get ear plugs from the hotel reception.

The hotel is close to Catania city center, but far enough of the chaos of this city. We found calm, it was the principal reason we booked the hotel. They have a very good breakfast buffet with different warm and cold options, different breads and cakes. The hotel offers transfer to the airport and a shuttle bus to the city. Stuff was really nice. There is a good restaurant right in front of the hotel, and they offered us dinner even after midnight the day we arrived.

• Superior Double or Twin Room (4 adults)

The hotel has seen better times I must admit. I guess 20 years ago this was a first-class hotel, but somehow, the rooms looked a bit shabby, especially the bathroom seemed like a nightmare from the 80's. The Breakfast was ok, but somehow soulless and "efficient" - the coffee was horrible. The concierge that welcomed us upon arrival was very unfriendly and indifferent. We only staid one night, which was ok, but I would'nt stay for a whole vacation - but that's a subjective view of course!

Our room was really huge with two balconies and big windows, so lots of space for a family of four . Beds were quite comfortable and REALLY big.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

No tea and coffee facilities in room. Price wise is good but the hotel needs some updating.

Comfortable room. Loved the terrace in our room. It was so peaceful and quiet with bird chirping every morning.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

From the moment we walked into the hotel the staff were friendly and helpful. Our spacious room with its comfortable bed had a huge balcony that looked out to the sea. The pool area is lovely. Breakfast was a treat, very diverse offerings, wonderful breads and pastries, and even bubbly wine to go with the juice. The free shuttle service into Catania was especially welcome since the property is some ways from the centre of town. We would definitely stay at the Sheraton again.

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View (3 Adults)

Was rather expensive , but well worth it.

Was a beautiful hotel. Wished we could have stayed longer. Breakfasts were included and fantadtic. Ate our anniversary dinner outside In the dining room and it was lovely. The free shuttle to town was an added surprise.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately I was disappointed in this Hotel. Granted weather was not great so we depended on hotel more than usual. Room was not up to standard so staff moved us to another room (slightly better). Partial renovations to try update old hotel - better to upgrade rooms fully. I expected more from this hotel especially as I have stayed with them in other countries. Long way from city and airport.

Nice pool and view. Staff did their best to try accommodate us. Lovely café and restaurants across the road from hotel.

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View (3 Adults)

Tennis field is not worthwhile as balls tend to fly out of reach pretty easily.

We liked the fact that even though the surrounding area or even structure of the hotel is outdated, everything important was good. Very nice clean rooms. Big and fantastic beds. Good breakfast. Friendly service as receptionists helped us getting an Etna tour in a very short notice.

• Superior Double or Twin Room (4 adults)

Great quiet location view of the sea. Hotel offers everything - rooms spacious well appointed beautiful comfortable beds . Breakfast certainly has a range of food to suit all tastes. Great pizzeria opposite hotel , also coffee bar offering light snacks opposite with great patio onto the sea.

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View (3 Adults)

Location awful, no beach just a platform on top of the rocks and waves, horrible area, scruffy and derelict. Pompous unhelpful parking attendant asked us to move our car from the unloading area before we had taken our luggage out, and without offering to help. We stayed here partly due to other reviews and the photos which made the property look attractive ( it's not, it's a dated ugly 1960s concrete block and is separated from the sea by a busy road) and partly because of the supposed ease to get to the airport. In the event although less than 9 miles to Catania airport the journey by car took a very stressful 90 minutes as the traffic is literally nose to tail ( and this was outside of rush hour) all the way. best stay outside Catania and come in on the ring road. if the staff had advised us of the traffic issues( they knew we were going to the airport) it would have helped.

The Bellini at the bar was nice, and the fish restaurant up the road ( mare) was good. breakfast was also good, nice selection although all self service which is disappointing in a hotel of this supposed grade. the bar area is the best part of the hotel.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The rooms are quite old and they urgently need refurbishment.

Location in front of the sea is nice, the hall is spacious, good services and breakfast. Quiet rooms, guarded parking under the hotel.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

My lower rating for the staff is based on a small sample of Reception staff who were abrupt and unnecessarily officious on out arrival The bulk of the staff were friendly and helpful

Good facilities in the room and spacious The restaurant is excellent which is unusual and fortunate as the location in Aci Castello is some distance from anything

• Classic Double or Twin Room

From a woman at the reception it was difficult to draw any information. I had to ask her several times about the possibility of transporting to the city. At the end, in the bus that we waited for almost 1 hour, we were informed that we should have bought a ticket at the hotel. Luckily for us the driver drove without paying.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Was asked to leave the key in car which i dont see why should i leave it open after i had to pay for the parking.Thanks to the management they offered me a free parking infront of the hotel then

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Hotel is 8 km from Catania! Taxi costs 25 our one way, and shuttle buses are always overbooked in the evening. If you want to see the city and without car - not good option

All was normal

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Charging for car park when the hotel was quite a way out of the town seemed a bit over the top (although since we were out of peak season we could park on the street for free)

Modern international style hotel with all the facilities you would expect

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Ai ai ai, it has been a long time since I had such an experience. I dont have time to write it all out, but it wasnt clean I has stains in my bed, old, food was terrible etc. If someone wants more feedback they can call me on +40727711617. Thanks!

Parking was the only good thing about my stay.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The prices in the hotel were "pricey" to say the least. €15 a day for breakfast so I didn't pay this! We found a little place across the road and had breakfast for under €6 for 2 people! The hotel was nice to stay in but not for eating in!! The maid service was lacking somewhat. Sometimes I got the free toiletries bust mostly had to ask. The room wasn't properly cleaned (only saw them once sweep the floor!) and the timing varied to when it was done. Decor was outdated and needed to be done but it had everything I wanted.

The room itself was reasonable size and I had the added bonus of a balcony (small as it was). Air conditioning was a blessing in the heat. The ensuite was a great size. I had to wait nearly 2 hours for my room to be ready (when we arrived) but received complimentary gift as an apology. Bed was comfy and I slept well but the decor was slightly outdated and the room could have done with an overhaul. The reception staff were always helpful.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

8.30 am someone knocks at the door.The cleaning woman!Breakfast till 10.30.I got there at 10.40 and haven't been served breakfast.It's a matter of kindness and will to work.Unpolite staff.

Cleanliness and wonderfull facility.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

acessment for pool and fitness are limited timing.

we got upgraded. feeling appreciation. very nice bed, big space, beautiful belcony and view from the window. quite many facilities, including tennis courts. designful interior very friendly staff value for money is very high

• Classic Double or Twin Room

there's poor public transportation to/from hotel, swimming pool isn't open in the morning, not all reception staff speaks english

nice pool, great size room, good breakfast

Browse Four Points by Sheraton Catania Hotel traveller photo gallery