Reviews of Sina Bernini Bristol 5 stars

Piazza Barberini 23, Trevi, 00187 Rome, Italy

#485 of 921 hotels in Rome

The doorman was great and the view was spectacular from the...

The beds were awful and stiff. The staff was okay.... what I least enjoyed about the property was the lack of early morning coffee... I’m a morning person and there was non to be found in room or hotel until 7am. The lobby could have made a easy shift and offer coffee at the bar area for everyone’s morning enjoyment. The gym and spa facility promised a world class facility... well that fell very short. The gym was small and had an awkward set with the running machines all facing a mirror with nothing to do but stare at the stranger next to you. A tv or distraction other then mirror would be nice. The spa area was filthy and had a gross small jacuzzi that was not filled and cold. Steam room didn’t smell very good. So overall I was not pleased for the high prices paid for this hotel. I will stay upstairs restaurant and breakfast we’re great, but very expensive.

The doorman was great and the view was spectacular from the higher floors!!! Location, location, location... great place to explore Rome from!

Very average
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

It is overated for location and facilities, no iron , no kelltle for hot water for tea and /or coffee!! no sewing kits , no dental kits , no shaving kits ( spontaneously available, we had to ask for them) as expected in such priced hotel!!! I asked for an iron and wasn’t given to me « for security reasons »!

Horrible rooms, a staff that was not honest.. but a great manager that did a lot to help!
    • Superior Triple Room

Where to start. The first night the ceiling leaked and above us was the restaurant and bar and they moved furnitire around until 2am. After that they promised a nice room on the 3rd floor. After getting back from a tour we found out they gave that room away. They then gave us a room with broken airconditioning and it was over 90 in rome. They brought us a plastic fan! I was beyond angry and demanded another room as we have a 12 year old. They went back and forth me about rooms and finally gave us a suite on the 1st floor. we packed our bags fir the 3rd time in 2 nights to move and just as my husband got to the room they gave us...they checked someone else into the room and he was in the room with his luggage (all within 15 minutes!)...The front desk told us they wrote the wrong number on the other man's key card, which was a lie as he had a key for our room. So.. at 10:30pm, we finally got a room and collapsed. This was our first time to Rome and this ruined our overall experience.

The general manager was wonderful at helping us with our HORRIBLE stay. He was honest and helpful. He was the only great part of our stay.

The location.

The breakfast was very poor, several pieces of crockery either chipped of cracked, noticed each day! Tea pots, cups, saucers, and 2 plates. Four slice toaster with only two slices working the other two taped up with silver tape ..90 minutes after breakfast started on one morning and the staff had forgotten to plug in the toaster... customers thought that the complete toaster wasn’t working. On a seperate morning.... they forgot to turn on the heater for the scrambled eggs , the eggs being served were cold. Both of these things I was the one to bring them to the attention of the staff. I wonder if that was what I discovered, how many other things were under par.

The location.

Excellent location, comfortable rooms and very friendly and helpful staff!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

As the breakfast price was far too expensive and no tea/coffee facilities in the room, we needed to go out every morning to eat outside.

Very friendly staff!! I’ve had a small issue with bathroom and they have attended my needs promptly and warmly!!! Concierge very knowledgeable! Reception staff excellent! I would definetely stay there again.

Great location, with good food options nearby, and close to many sights
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was expensive, and should only be added to your room rate if a steeply discounted option is available. The concierge recommended a particular hop-on hop-off service that I found abysmal. Online reviews confirm this finding.

The staff were very pleasant, and genuinely tried hard to make our stay pleasant. Issues with room cleanliness were dealt with quickly.

We first came to the hotel on our honeymoon and wanted to...

We first came to the hotel on our honeymoon and wanted to return to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. The staff were lovely and they upgraded our room to the presidential suite which was amazing. The hotel is in walking distance of all of the main attractions and is a perfect base from which to strike out and experience all that Rome has to offer. We had a fantastic time and wish we could have stayed longer.

Excellent stay and would recommend.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

AC could have worked better, but was cool outdoors in 40’s. Accommodated with a fan which made it perfect.

Very elegant hotel, great staff, very clean and accommodating. Great breakfast buffet!

Overpriced hotel needing some upgrades, I would skip it unless you have access to an upgraded room.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

For a hotel of its category, it needs some work. This needs to be taken also in the context of this being Europe, where standards for size and comfort tend to be a little different; however, the bed was like a rock, the hotel did not meet my request made months in advance to have two separate beds, and the decor in the room was dated and cheap. This did not feel like a highly rated hotel at all compared to other hotels of its category around the world. It was disappointing to pay this much and stay in accommodations on par with three star hotels. The $37 euro breakfast buffet was also ridiculous—bad, watery coffee sitting on a pot for people to serve themselves? Holiday-Inn style egg and bacon buffet with a sad selection of other pastries and cold cuts? For that much money for a breakfast buffet, I expected at least a decent cappuccino and freshly made eggs at a station! Skip this all together and just eat a cornetto with a great cappuccino literally anywhere else in the city and it’ll be a fraction of the price and much more satisfying than feeling robbed in an utterly un-Roman experience.

The concierge was helpful with restaurant recommendations and usually the places we were sent to were pretty good, even if at times overpriced. For restaurants, it’s just really best to ask a local not affiliated with the hotel to stay away from the slew of tourist traps in town. The service overall was good at the hotel, the spaces were clean and the location is superb.

Keep Expectations Low

*instant coffee via room service is not 4-star *room needs to be updated -- for example, moldings are separated, headboard in 2 pieces, night table completely scratched up *only 3 electrical circuits in the room -- bathroom, one outlet in the sitting area and everything else on one circuit. So, all the main lighting is all on or all off.

junior suite space ok staff friendly and helpful

Breakfast was very good.

Facilities are not so good. I stayed in junior sweet with antic style. For young people, not very attractive.

Breakfast was very good. Location is also perfect. Barberni station is 1minutes from hotel.

Will not recommend this hotel to any one
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Except location there is not a single plus point about this hotel , breakfast was horrible, house keeping staff stolen some new goods from my room , I also lodge a police complaint about it , lobby was stinking .

The location was good and enjoyed the breakfast .

Appreciated the connecting room accommodations for our family , should have also requested non -smoking room- the one smoking room had strong smoking smell. Our rooms could use some charm and some repair - floor hallways and entrance are nice. .

The location was good and enjoyed the breakfast . The hotel had very good response to email questions in advance of stay - very good in accommodating our requests .

Poor
    • Superior Triple Room

encouraged friends like last yr to stay in suite.they were happy but I paid the same price an they got breakfast.Maybe the deal booking .com got me was terrible? I received main bed combined off 2 singles which my kids at 3/5 yrs old would fall down. I go to Rome 4 times of year staying at LE GRAND RITZ,HASSLER,WALDORF an WESTIN an I think il still to that an American express concierge booking for me.

Wonderful location and helpful staff
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

In general, the staff were very welcoming and nice, and Salvatore the receptionist was very helpful and help us with finding directions, restaurants, ect. The location is awesome near of everything in the centre and easy to move around the city and see the popular attraction.

Not worth it
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Rooms are very small and old. The concierge misguided us to a trashy rooftop for dinner, Italians in general seemed tiered from tourists. The service is not compatible with the name and the reputation of Bristol hotels around the world.

Wonderful service, terrific restaurant - will be back
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

My room def wasn't as nice as my friends' down the hall which was a suite, but nice nonetheless. Will definitely be back.

Terrific stay - wonderful staff; a very personal experience. We also ate in the rooftop restaurant - heartily recommended. Wonderful food and service and the BEST view in Rome. I will come again, thanks to all.

Just back from a fantastic trip to Rome.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Lots of people begging. Didn't like having sales people on our backs when we were looking round shops. Found this very off putting. Being told in one of the restaurants that the management take the service charge and asked us to leave them a tip separately. We were not prepared to pay both and were not treated very well after we told them that.

The position of the hotel was great. Within walking distance of most of the sightseeing locations. Plenty of taxi's and right next to the Metro. We were there during the EU 60th anniversary of the signing of the treaty and the security in our hotel and the city was excellent. A lot of diplomats were staying at our hotel and the security was unbelievable. We felt very safe there. The restaurants were really good and the food was excellent. It is expensive but we had a terrific time.

Not worth!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The cable of bedside lamp was naked and so dengeroys, fridge had some problem, sanitary system was not working(they repaired it soon) and no dental kit offered.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

It was a beautiful stay thanks to all staff
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

My room was a little cold and a bit dull, The security card three times fell to open...

the nice welcome of all staff ... The good breakfast ... The location ... The cleanses

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

We had a great stay at the hotel despite some annoyances. Location was excellent.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

No complimentary bottled water, no iron and ironing board in the room, toiletries not automatically refilled. Staff during our first day was not very accommodating.

Hotel location was excellent. Food during breakfast and lunch was good.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Superb
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Lovely hotel facing famous Bernini Fountain. Nothing beats a terrace suite on an upper floor with spectacular views of Piazza Barbarini and Rome. Equally stunning is the rooftop terrace restaurant. Marco and his staff were superb!

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Good location but do not expect 5 stars service
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Do not expect the 5 stars service for this hotel. You can hear everything that happened in hall way and in the neighbours room. The mattress is terrible. The cleaning lady went through my stuff and brook the tag of my suitcase and put it back like nothing happened. The breakfast was horrible, the second day the eggs were green. We talked to the manager, he said he will get back to me and nothing. Anyway we had to switch hotel.

The only positive thing about this hotel is the location.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Ultimate Rome
    • Suite

We were unable to have a drink on the rooftop bar to watch the sunset due to being closed for a function.

Beautiful room, friendly staff who helped make the most of our stay.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

Good location, tired and worn, poor value for money. You can do better
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Beds were terrible. Two single beds on wheels pushed together. Eventually one of the legs fell off the bed. The room was quite large for Rome but very expensive. Poor facilities, no coffee, ice and old and worn decor. Overall in need of modernisation and poor value for money

Roof top bar with spectacular view, but expensive.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Wonderful location, friendly and professional staff
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Manager was excellent upon check-in and helped with our dinner reservation as well. The Concierge was extremely helpful making out transportation to the airport.

Great staff nice location very clean rooms

Great staff nice location very clean rooms

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

There was maintenance work and noise , I’ve changed my room...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There was maintenance work and noise , I’ve changed my room 5 times !!!

they kept on trying to make us pay for the ironning service.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

they kept on trying to make us pay for the ironning service. I would recommend you to take your own iron if you choose to stay at this location

Pleasant stay nice property

Hard bed, no iron

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

A classic hotel close to everything

Location is very convenient and rooms are very nice with great view. Roof top restaurant is wonderful.

The breakfast is simple.

The breakfast is simple.

No comment

It was perfect in every way - Can't wait for a retunr visit

Nothing....

Location AAA+++

Great Rome
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

No water heater coffee or tea facility in room as other five stars hotels

I like the hotel it has good facilities amazing location easy access

Room size
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Over rated and wrong location mentioned on booking.com

Room size

Location was very good

Hot water was not hot enough.

Location was very good

Nice location, good breakfast, complimentary wine.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Floor in the bathroom was really dirty during the entire stay.

Nice location, good breakfast, complimentary wine.

Very friendly stuff on reception desk

Very friendly stuff on reception desk

it felt like home - they took awesome care of me

it felt like home - they took awesome care of me

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was poorly furnished and not insulated from the noise of other rooms.

It was good.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

It was good, but not what I expected in a 5 star hotel.

Nice place for touring the city walking
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Not super clean. The small bathroom seat was not very clean.

The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was nice

Would return.

Very helpful staff

• Classic Double or Twin Room

I actually smelt smoke in my non smoking room

It was a gorgeous hotel with lots of ambience . The roof top bar and restaurants a bonus

Good location and close to subway station made getting to...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Good location and close to subway station made getting to sites easy and cheap. Subway excellent

Weekend get away
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I think needs a little touch up. It's clean but kind of old.

It's in very convenient location and nice service and great view of city.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

great location + less than one minute walk to gate of metro...

great location + less than one minute walk to gate of metro station on A-line

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

limited availability of hot food during night (room service)
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

limited availability of hot food during night (room service)

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Excellent stay in Rome
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Small tv in rooms, average european room sizes.

Great location, style and excellent service.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

A wonderful stay in the heart if Rome, close to all the key tourist destinations.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

A light breakfast could be included in the tariff.

The restaurant on the top floor was a wonderful surprise.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Superb and convenient within the heart of the Eternal City.

NA

Value for location and facilities.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Good
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There are no comments available for this review

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Very classical design

Very classical design Breakfast is very poor

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

location, staff, cleaniness.

Based on its 5 star ratingthe following should have been better : breakfast could have been better , more fruit selection, toast making facilities , yougurts. Hotel is slightly dated and in need of small cosmetic repair/updating , for a 5 star standard. There should be a sun lounge area on the top floor , instead of hjust a bar/restaurant

location, staff, cleaniness. The superior rooms were a good size for this area in Rome

• Reviewed: 18 April 2016

Supposed to be 5 star but did not live up to that. Room ok but nothing special, and a bit tired looking. Breakfast poor, hot food was not hot and despite mentioning this it did not improve so we went elsewhere. Waiting staff did not seem happy, barely cracked a smile amongst all of them. Got small rebate but would much have preferred for everything to be ok in the first place.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2016

Excellent location in central Rome, for business or leisure.

Some facilities need updating or small repairs. Level of noise from other rooms a little too high. Breakfast can be improved with higher quality and more choice of cake and croissant.

Excellent location in central Rome, for business or leisure. Very helpful and friendly staff who make sure that things run smoothly. Great restaurant on the top floor.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2016

cleanliness and comfort of the suite good.

Room was styfling - no air condiioning as it was still March!! heating was on all the time and I asked twice for it to be turned off to no avail. Apparently air conditioning not turned on until April which is ridiculous.

cleanliness and comfort of the suite good. staff very pleasant. location excellent.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

Location .

No air conditioning , so if you keep window open as it is main square noise keeps you awake . Concierge dint inform us that the tickets bought for us are at Double the rate so instead of under 90 euros we ended up paying 180 euros in cash in advance & on seeking explanation & breakup were given round round answer . Our daughters entry to colleseom was charged 35 euros by hotel but we later learnt that her entry was free , felt cheated . As we had a very early flight requested the hotel to give meal credit instead of breakfast ( which was prepaid ) but hotel said no & gave food packet .

Location . Concierge got us entry tickets for colleseom & Sistine chapel .

• Reviewed: 28 March 2016

Staff was fantastic!

The Jacuzzi was cold and smelly in the Turkish bath, which was extremely disappointing. Everything else was nice.

Staff was fantastic! Helped us out in many way over the course of our stay. Beautiful room with great view overlooking the Piazza. Good Gym.

• Reviewed: 20 March 2016

Location was great.

I would not say 5 star. Even given an upgrade( which was very nice) the suite needs a good going through and pick up on very small items that need attention. TV ( both) lack U.K channels . We did speak to a member of staff about this but it was not resolved and he did not return. We had the mini bar man enter our room twice while we were in our suite but he did not knock. Both times I was just getting out of the shower with not much more than a smile on my face. Needs a bit of TLC with decor. I have my own decorating company, so as we are taught the WC area is very important as you look around . Paint on glass door, grout missing and different marble tiles used 3/4 of the way up the wall. So could employ me to go through All Rooms and do a bit of snagging . The waiter at breakfest was good, sadly he did not work on our just day as I would had given him a tip as on the last day breakfest was below par.

Location was great. We were given a free upgrade, but had to wait a couple of hours but worth the wait. Staff very helpful and polite apart from one man who entered our room twice without even knocking on the door. Most things were of good high service but please read on.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2016

The bed was comfy.

The reason for us being in Rome was to attend rugby International Scotland v Italy. The hotel was full of Scots, but the hotel bar was unprepared for the level of custom, and service was poor. We ended up across the road in a bar.

The bed was comfy. Breakfast good.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2016

Not friendly staff Giuda Ballerino Event for Valentine's Day Wi-fi (couldn't connect) Add to that; it would be very nice if there was a small gesture to guests for the Valentine's Day, as cookies, flowers or a note in the room!

Great location Gorgeous room spectacular view Bar&friendly barman

• Reviewed: 21 February 2016

Good location, very near to most sites in the old city...

Even thought the interior of the rooms seems to have been touched up recently the furniture were a bite old.

Good location, very near to most sites in the old city center. Also the front rooms had a nice view of the plaza in front of the hotel and being on a hill you can see as the dome of St Peters at the Vatican from the higher floors.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2016

We found nothing to dislike from the Staff who were polite...

We found nothing to dislike from the Staff who were polite friendly and helpful. the room was superb with a fantastic view of Rome. Thank you Thank you Thank you!

• Reviewed: 19 September 2015

Attitude of staff from checkin to leaving was indifferent and arrogant. Would never stay here again. For 500USD would at least expect internet in room and the occasional smile

• Reviewed: 15 September 2015

Room was very loud so we got upgrade to better quite room,...

Pillows not comfortable

Room was very loud so we got upgrade to better quite room, lift keep breaking down small rooms and pillows not comfortable Fantastic location working distance to attractions

• Reviewed: 9 September 2015

Overall quality of hotel and value for money is very poor.

Overall quality of hotel and value for money is very poor. Rooms looks very old and not so clean as you could expect in 5 stars hotel from the small luxury hotel of the world association. More during the shower the temperature of water jumped from hot to cold and vice versa, the hair dryer was broken, TV was build into a wardrobe and was not possible to watch tv while laying on the bed. We asked to repair the hair dryer, they promised to bring it to us, but did only after second notice in 12 hours. At the check out they asked us to not too forget to return it! As if we are going to steel this hair dryer! Breakfast also disappointed us. First of all there were not enough tables, so we had to wait for 5-10 min for a table. The buffet is normal, not bad but nothing special. And the quality of food is poor, it seems that the hotel chooses cheapest products. Also there was some water falling from the celling in the dining area. When we asked for early breakfast (at 6 am) because of early departure, the answer of the person from the reception was -" it is not possible, cause the kitchen is closed "! How it is possible? The main issue of our stay IN THE BERNINI smalL luxury hotel of the world IS THE LUXURY PART IS THE PRICE, but the SMALL IS THE QUALITY!

• Reviewed: 8 September 2015

Door staff and room staff friendly and courteous.

Wifi was spotty at best..mostly not available! Reception staff was cold and correct. Did not offer any help or suggestions. Was actually rude when we had trouble signing in to internet. Did not ask any other questions because the attitude was so poor!

Door staff and room staff friendly and courteous. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2015

The hotel is beautiful, staff was great and friendly and the...

The cost of the breakfast was very high and certainly not worth what we were charged.

The hotel is beautiful, staff was great and friendly and the location was great too.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2015

The location is perfect, the concierges are very good and...

It was dirty in the room, the rooms need some renovation, it was too loud from the outside. The room are smaller, than in booking.com.

The location is perfect, the concierges are very good and helpful.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2015

The facilities were beautiful.

The rooms were located on the street side where the musician across the street at an outdoor restaurant played and sung until midnight every night. Also, I requested a higher floor when reserving room and that did not happen.

The facilities were beautiful. The ladies were attentive to cleaning the room. Beds always made upon return from sightseeing.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2015

Leaving the hotel perminantly I stayed for one night only...

The following below:: 1-staff are very rude and alow in processing anything I think they are mcdonalds standard max. 2- rooms are dirty bed sheets and pillows are yellow this hotel's standard can only be compared to a prison cell.

Leaving the hotel perminantly I stayed for one night only and it was the worst hotel I have ever been to it is not 5 stars. This should be maximum of two stars.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2015

The Room was very nicely appointed.

Internet was sporadic, at best. Unacceptable in this kind of hotel. Room service was very slow, twice, with a bucket of ice (hotel has no ice machine). Facilities were very nice, but value per Euro was way down our list compared, say, to Grand Hotel Bohemia in Prague, or Waldorf Astoria in Amsterdam. You pay for location with this place.

The Room was very nicely appointed.

• Reviewed: 28 May 2015

Walking distance to everything.

my reservation was changed for some reason, I showed then my printed out copy from booking.com, but still made me pay for the changes. About $200 more.

Walking distance to everything.

There are also 47 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.