Reviews of Smooth Hotel Rome Repubblica 3 stars

Via Gaeta 61, Central Station, 00187 Rome, Italy

#847 of 921 hotels in Rome

Great location, staff and cleanliness.
    • Deluxe Quintuple Room

Given it's central location, there was a mix of young and old guests. We had a young baby with us, and were in a room beside guests who were there to party in Rome. This was the only down side. Everything else was great, including the staff and cleanliness.

Location was right beside the Metro, and central to everything

Really clean modern hotel good value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

Very modern, clean facility. Yummy Breakfast close to metro & little supermarket. Staff Amazing very friendly. We really enjoyed our stay very relaxing comfortable rooms

Best time ever !
    • Double or Twin Room

The room had everything you could possibly need, nice comfy bed, a great shower and stone cold AC much needed on those hot summer days ! They cleaned our room every day, breakfast had all you needed. The place looks very new and modern, plus it's 10 minutes walk from Termini train station.

I think this might be the best hotel I have ever stayed in,...
    • Double or Twin Room

I think this might be the best hotel I have ever stayed in, and I travel a lot. I was a little worried as I was warned about staying too close to Termini, but that wasn't a problem at all and made it super easy to find my way around Rome. It's a beautiful hotel, very modern rooms and bathrooms. They even provide a smartphone for during your stay in the rooms! The staff too were super helpful, allowed me to leave my suitcase early, very friendly people. I was coming back through Rome the following weekend and was hoping to do a last minute booking but it had filled up - guess others like this place too! Will definitely be looking to book here next time I go to Rome. I cannot recommend it more highly! :-)

Money taken off my credit card for first night a week before...
    • Basic Double Room

Money taken off my credit card for first night a week before we arrived. I paid in full while there and a week later the money for the 1st night is still showing pending and not returned

Great location for transport links with extremely helpful staff.
    • Basic Double Room

Nothing. We had a great stay.

A great selection at breakfast and the croissants were exceptional! Rooms were very comfortable and clean. Excellent location near to the station. Staff were particularly friendly and informative. The desk staff helped with restaurant recommendation and reservation and the barman went out of his way to help us choose a drink we would really like.

Good for 1-2 nights near Termini !
    • Double or Twin Room

Quite dark room as the window was overlooking to another building which was too close. Coffee at breakfast was no good. Slightly disappointed by the staff in the restaurant - when we arrived for breakfast and wanted to take a table for 2 by the sofa, the waiter not in a very polite way told us that we can’t sit there because it is occupied (but no one was there and there was no sign) and offered us not a very comfortable table right near the entrance where most of the people pass by. For the next 30 minutes the table we wanted to take was still empty .. Little details make a big perception!

Comfortable bed and pillows. Omelette for breakfast was a pleasant surprise especially for 3 star hotel! Forgot something in the hotel, the staff immediately contacted me to offer the delivery. Clean and modern funiture. Smartphone available in each room for internet connection.

Everything was nice, the receptionist was really friendly,...
    • Basic Double Room

Noisy form the street in the night.

Everything was nice, the receptionist was really friendly, the room is clean and comfy, the breakfast is delicious.

Perfect hotel
    • Superior Triple Room

Nothing. I wish they would filled our fridge with water bottles daily

Breakfast was grood Location was perfect! Nice staff! Room was nice! Manet, a phone you can navigate with.

Clean, modern and close to the train station

We were a last minute check in due to missing our connecting train in Rome. The hotel is an easy walk from the station. One of the rooms we booked we found at check in had no water. They wanted us to go to their sister hotel, but only 2 of us. As we were traveling with 2 children that was not feasible so they ended up upgrading one room so we could stay together. Fairly quiet, great bathrooms and hot water / pressure. Breakfast was good - selection of some cereals, pastries, toast, bacon and the ever present powdered scrambled eggs! We would stay again if we needed to stop over in Rome.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Highly recommend - great hotel in great location
    • Basic Double Room

Nothing really! Would have liked free water each day per person. Breakfast could have been a little better ie more options & changes each day if possible.

Room was large with plenty of space for us and our luggage. Bathroom was spacious & shower was excellent. Bed was comfy. Hotel was quiet even though close to train station & restaurants etc. Staff very friendly & helpful. Room had tea & coffee facilities, safe, large wardrobe / hanging space, sofa, tv with lots of channels. Plenty of plugs for charging phones etc

Beautiful hotel staff were extremely helpful.
    • Double or Twin Room

Beautiful hotel staff were extremely helpful. Could not have been better situated in quiet street 2 minute walk from Termini and metro. Lots of lovely resturants near .

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

good location regarding travel connection (to/from...
    • Double or Twin Room

very small room even though I booked a bit bigger double room, space is limited few facilities (no lobby bar, room service, place to have a drink, etc.) bad neighborhood - very dirty (Rome generally) streets around hotel smell like piss, a lot of street vendors and homeless people sleeping on streets, didn't feel completely safe

good location regarding travel connection (to/from airport and city center and all attractions) comfortable beds, very clean, new towels every day new modern hotel strong aircon welcoming and nice staff

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Completely renovated hotel, modern accommodation.
    • Basic Double Room

I didn’t expect the distance between the hotel and the city center (Colosseum, Fontana) would be that long. It was almost 2 km, which is okay to walk in the morning but it’s a loong way in the evening when you tired. But you can take public transport, which is very close to the hotel. Also, they did not let us pay for late check out, we had to leave at 11am.

Completely renovated hotel, modern accommodation. Our room was very clean, with clean towels every day. Comfy bed and quite strong a/c. Staff very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very very good! Would recommend this hotel, very good price - quality ratio.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

A great place for a pit stop
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff was just wonderful. I got a free upgrade and the room was beautiful and big. Very clean, comfortable bed, great breakfast. Minutes from the Termini station so getting to places was easy. The area around the hotel isn’t the prettiest, but it’s safe and as I discovered, many parts of Rome aren’t pretty either.

Very Good and Recommended.
    • Basic Double Room

A few steps of stair from lobby to lift.

Room is clean and newly renovated. Location is convenience and close to Rome Termini. Breakfast is excellence. Small shops are nearby.

Amazing time at Smooth hotel
    • Basic Double Room

Honestly, i dont think there is anything bad at all about this hotel.

The location is perfect, literally s fee minutes walk to the train station and metros. The hotel is also very beautiful to look at and stay in. The staff are also very nice and welcoming. The daily breakfast is also amazing plenty to chose from, it saved alot of money on the trip too.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Good choice near Roma Termini
    • Superior Triple Room

Baby crib had not been available until we checked out (though they waived the Euro20/day "family charge" for that); There were only 2 paper cups in the room -- which my family used for drinking water, making coffee, mouth washing, etc. I understand the environmental consideration, but a few ceramic cups won't hurt?

Really close to Roma Termini - a block away and 5 minutes walk. About 20 minutes of easy walk to Colosseum. Staff at reception were professionally polite -- the training staff (forgot her name) was particularly helpful. Room was modern and clean (though smaller than we thought - I guess it's typical for this location). The double bed and day bed were comfortable.

The location was fantastic, 10 min walk to the station.
    • Basic Double Room

The location was fantastic, 10 min walk to the station... we traveled around Italy a lot so this was the reason I chose to stay here... very modern and super clean and fresh smelling....would defo recommend air con was super cool and beds very comfy so many in room amenities too not sure how many stars this was but it should be more than it probably is.... staff were really friendly and helpful.... changed our room so we could be nearer our sons

The staff is very friendly, helpful and professional.
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff is very friendly, helpful and professional. The hotel has a nice breakfast selection. Their Wifi works really well. Nice facilities and very clean.

We wasted our time :(
    • Deluxe Quadruple Room

3rd night at this hotel, water is not available in toilet. We waited about 2~3hours, but it wasn't fixed. We were tired to wait, so i requested to change our room. They changed and the second room they gave us was very narrow and noisy. We wasted our time. I think the hotel have to change the room faster, before I requested.

Modern and clean with friendly and helpful staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

Have more options available in minibar and replace free still mineral water on a daily basis.

Modern and clean with friendly and helpful staff. Also liked that staff did not rush us at breakfast nor start taking away food, even when we turned up almost at the end of service (unlike in other hotels). Liked the tea/coffee facility in the room too. Air con was lovely and cold to return to after being outside in 35 degrees.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

fantastic time at the hotel. the reception all are hamble and full of information to guide me.
    • Deluxe Quadruple Room

it would have been nice if there is a little bit choice of breakfast.but it is ok as a whole.

the hospitality of the staff. The location of the hotel to the train station is only 5 min. fantastic restaurant near by, excellent stay

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Comfortable, modern hotel in superb location to experience Rome
    • Basic Double Room

Smooth is well appointed in a location to immerse yourself in Rome. The hotel is modern and comfortable with an excellent daily breakfast option. The staff are only to happy to be of service and are helpful with a smile.

The hotel was beautifully renovated.
    • Double or Twin Room

Not much to do in the neighborhood, but close to the train.

The hotel was beautifully renovated. Air conditioning was individually controlled in the room.

Value for money hotel!!!!

Nothing!!!

We had a wonderful time to Rome Smooth Hotel! Value for money hotel with a very clean room, comfortable bed, nice breakfast and with very helpful and kind staff!!! We highly recommended Smooth hotel for a trip to Rome !!!!

We had a wonderful time in Rome Smooth hotel!

Nothing !!!

We had a wonderful time in Rome Smooth hotel! The staff was very helpful and kind, the room was very clean with a very comfortable bed!!!Very good location and very nice breakfast!!! Valued for money hotel and we highly recommended Smooth hotel for a trip to Rome! Thank you!

I will turn to Rome and this hotel; I miss it already.
    • Double or Twin Room

I didn’t like how Rome shut down after midnight. We had a difficult time getting back to the hotel. Also, many restaurants close at midnight during the weekday. I didn’t like the knocks on my door, and one person walked in while I was sleeping. Use your do not disturb sign!!

I loved the location, very close to Termini Station. The available cell phone in the room was a plus to use. Appreciated the central air in my room. The store and restaurants were located near the hotel.

Had a pleasant stay overall.
    • Deluxe Quadruple Room

The breakfast could've been better with more options. The bathroom should be bigger.

This hotel is very conveniently located and is in proximity to the main Station Roma Termini and also the bus station and the taxi stand. The rooms are comfortable.and very clean. The best feature of the hotel service was Manet (mobile phone) and it was free of charge.

Save your time and book this hotel

Nothing I can think of

Rooms were very clean with a comfortable bed. Very good choice of breakfast. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. Very good location with plenty of restaurants within walking distance.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.
    • Double or Twin Room

It’s terribly noisy. Didn’t get much sleep at all (which is my #1 priority at a hotel). There was a lot of street noise coming into our room.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and efficient.

The property has all modern facilities, including a smart...
    • Basic Double Room

There was nothing I didn’t like about the property

The property has all modern facilities, including a smart phone, fantastic shower, fridge and good aircon. I had such a good sleep that I couldn’t wake up!

Great location and the staff were very helpful.
    • Deluxe Quadruple Room

The quad room was much smaller than expected. Basically a standard room with 2 fold out beds.

Great location and the staff were very helpful. Breakfast was great

Quick trip to Rome
    • Basic Double Room

Only problem was the wifi--it did not work at all in my room. I asked someone at the desk who told me it was working, but it wasn't for me. In 2018 internet is like electricity or hot water-it really must work

The staff is very helpful and polite and friendly, the room is modern and clean, the position is excellent just 5 min walk (or less) from Termini station, the breakfast is good too.

Modern and Clean Hotel in Rome Central.
    • Double or Twin Room

We only stayed here for one night as a stop over to the airport. It was fantastic. In a great location, very close to the airport shuttle bus stop and main train and metro stations. Room was very clean and modern. Loved the option of the phone which you could take out with you in the city and use the maps, tour guide options etc. (We never used it but great option) overall fantastic and wish we had stayed here for our intial stay in Rome of our holiday.

Hotel is brand new
    • Basic Double Room

Hotel is brand new, however they do not have everything fixed and completed. The hotel air conditioning was not working on the first night we checked in Hotel shower did not have hot water on the second morning

Hotel is brand new

It was clean, the breakfast was excellent and the pictures...
    • Basic Double Room

It was clean, the breakfast was excellent and the pictures on the website represented it well. I needed early access to the trains with luggage and it was only two blocks away. Had a good stay. Excellent value !

The Hotel has been renovated recently.
    • Basic Double Room

The breakfast was good but common. I believe it needs something more ... Mediterranean cause i believe it is the only thing that is not exceptional.

The Hotel has been renovated recently. So everything was new and clean. Its a great choice for the tourists as it is very close to the Train Station and Metro.

It was a Great Place to stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff was great, courteous and helpful, the breakfast was perfect to start every day. The location was perfect since I had to take a train to the airport its 2 block from the train station, and a block away from the main station of the tours buses of the city. It has a lot of restaurants and stores around.

Good
    • Double or Twin Room

Some almond / soya milk for breakfast would be nice. I didn't ask for it but they didn't have it on the breakfast buffet. Sometimes I needed to ask something in the reception and they weren't very helpful. The answer would be "I will see what I can do" but they didn't seem to care that much.

Overall, it was good as the rooms were super new and comfortable.

Fantastic staff, room and location
    • Double or Twin Room

Could have a bit more selection for breakfast. Rooms claim to be soundproof, they’re definetly not🤫😳

Fantastic location, lovely room and extremely helpful staff. Gutted we were only there 1 night, would definitely stay again!!

Very convenient and nicely appointed hotel less than 5 minutes from Termini Station
    • Basic Double Room

It looks a little unfinished right now, but the renovations were very close to completed. I wouldn’t let this deter you from booking.

This hotel is completely renovated (I believe it took over another property) and very modern, comfortable and clean. The air conditioning is very strong, which is not typical for Italy. Very nice breakfast in the lobby. We stayed here one night to attend a soccer game, and the location is very ideal if you are arriving by train. The station is less than a 5 minute walk from Termini. The metro is also accessible from Termini and is only 3 stops from the Spanish steps and other famous sights.

Looks like brand new and great location
    • Superior Triple Room

The beds were too hard for us

Looks like brand new and great location

Great stay
    • Basic Double Room

It was all good. Check in was very smooth and check out was perfect.

Can not find glass cup for brush teeth

Can not find glass cup for brush teeth

• Basic Double Room

We couldn't make voice calls on WhatsApp

The breakfast and the complimentary 4G handset in the room

Awesome
    • Basic Double Room

No shampoo and body wash

Courtesy from the staff.

Very good value for money
    • Basic Double Room

Good rooms small but confy

Technologically advanced hotel
    • Basic Double Room

Technologically advanced hotel Super tidy Very modern Reasonable breakfast Helpful staff

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Great staff , great location
    • Basic Double Room

Everything , staff were great, hotel was very clean

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Very good location, small hotel but very clean!
    • Superior Triple Room

Very good location, small hotel but very clean!! Breakfast very very good!!!

Located in centre, so v can easily move to historic place.
    • Double or Twin Room

Located in centre, so v can easily move to historic place..

Amazing hotel
    • Basic Double Room

It was very clean and welcoming. Also the staff were extremely helpful and friendly.

the room is newly renovated and very clean

the room is newly renovated and very clean

clean and modern room, location, staff, breakfast

clean and modern room, location, staff, breakfast

Location, staff, facility, breakfast.
    • Basic Double Room

The air conditioner was a bit too cold.

Location, staff, facility, breakfast.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Great place

The breakfast was perfect, clean rooms& perfect air conditioning. It’s a 5 minuet walk from the termini metro station.

Very clean and modern, good location!
    • Deluxe Quintuple Room

Very clean and modern, good location!!!

Ideal for few days
    • Basic Double Room

The staff could be more welcoming and smiling. The room is not soundproofed

Very well located, comfortable bed and good breackfast

We stayed in a 3 beds room for 3 nights with a child
    • Superior Triple Room

The breakfast was so so only.

The rooms were clean and new. 5mins walk to the station. The male staff was helpful.

wonderful location , breakfast, and staff.
    • Basic Double Room

wonderful location , breakfast, and staff. The room is modern and comfortable

Chack in 15/20 min

Nice location for busines strip and service is great.

None.

Nice location for busines strip and service is great.

Location is very good.
    • Basic Double Room

Location is very good. The room was so clean and staff were very helpful.

Great staff, great location, very clean.
    • Basic Double Room

Great staff, great location, very clean.

Cool staff and very clean i loved it

recently decorated.
    • Double or Twin Room

thin walls. 20-30 min walk to city centre.

recently decorated. very clean rooms. good breakfast. friendly staff. close to metro.

Outstanding kindness of the stuff!
    • Superior Triple Room

Outstanding kindness of the stuff! Never experienced that before (outside asia). Clean and new.

Comfortable and clean! Great for one night in Rome before heading elsewhere in Italy
    • Double or Twin Room

Newly renovated, great bathroom, comfy bed, very close to the train station for a quick stopover in Rome.

Centrally Located.
    • Superior Triple Room

They had some remodeling at the moment so there was a bit of noise, but it was temporary

Centrally Located. Close to everything.

Close to Roma termini and easier to commute. Nice hotel

Central location.
    • Superior Triple Room

Central location. Great furnishing and ambience for the price we paid

Very clean rooms, friendly and helpful staff, delicious...
    • Superior Triple Room

Very clean rooms, friendly and helpful staff, delicious breakfast, great location near Termini

Would 110% recommend to anyone.
    • Basic Double Room

Impeccable service! And delicious breakfast. Super close to everything, you can walk everywhere.

Excellent location, excellent value, and excellent property

No pool.

Modern rooms and great breakfast.