Reviews of Hotel Soperga 3 stars

Via Soperga 24, Stazione Centrale, 20127 Milan, Italy

#182 of 424 hotels in Milan

The double bed was basically 2 single beds combined in an awkward fashion which was really not comfortable at all. The room was too small and certainly wasn't "double" as advertised. The hotel had a local neighbourhood so although there was a balcony in the room it couldn't be used as it was too intrusive with no open space. The bathroom didn't have basic toiletries like shampoo, conditioner or body lotion. Also, the breakfast didn't have variety. I would pay half the price for what it was.

Friendly Receptionist, Great Location around 10 minutes walk from Milan Central Station. Few restaurants nearby and easy commute from Linate airport.

Sometimes it was pure wifi connection and several times an electronic key from our room didn’t work, so we had to go on reception and personnel fixed it in few seconds.

Stylish bedroom with huge comfortable bed, even for tall people. Decent breakfast with variety of food. It was also well equipped gym there. Good location, not far from metro and central railway station (big plus for travelers to another cities, my husband and I visited Como lake and Venezia by train). It’s possible to get the center of the city on foot among beautiful streets and parks. In my opinion, I would give at last 4 stars to this hotel for its living conditions.

Wifi signal poor in my room. Overall a good experience, except it is far from the city centre, Skala, Duomo, etc (but of course you can get there by Metro).

Well priced hotel nearby to Milano Centrale. Very good facilities, happy with this booking. It was a last minute booking for an overnight stay in Milano. I didn't try the breakfast.

No parking, ver very suspicious garage next to them where some eastern slavs work and want to keep you car key over night. The hotel is ok it’s not bad but no parking is a huge issue, and some of the stuff at reception should work on their attitude. They should also consider that there are people whi can speak multiple language and can understand them.

Wuock booking and it was ready in seconds..

good location if you have trip from central train station. Quiet, not big, nicely decorated, clean. Friendly stuff opened answering to any questions and helpful.

As soon as I entered the hotel room, I noticed the toilet was 'running' so I called the cleaning staff. They arranged for someone to fix it, but it was not fixed properly. I did not use the bath room and went straight away down to reception with my luggage. Reluctantly the staff allocated me another room to me but the size of the 2nd hotel room and bathroom facilities were not as good as the original room. If there was a reason for the variance in standard and they told me, that would have been ok but there was no explanation given. But the room was clean and comfortable.

The bed was smaller than appeared in the photos and the beds were quite hard. We had to put the doona underneath us to make it soft enough to sleep on.

The staff were extremely helpful.

I have been in this hotel twice now, as I have to travel to Milan 2 times a year more or less. Since I usually do not stay for more than 2 days, the location of the hotel is perfect. 5 minutes away from the Cental Station it is very easy to connect not only to other parts of the city but also if you are connecting to a train to another city. Will come back!

The breakfast missed some day to day variety, and scrambled eggs. It was good and enough to start of the day, but I would have loved i little bit more effort.

Simple, stylish hotel, will not wow you away but will not disappoint either. The rooms were also quite nice and well decorated, the safe very useful and the channel choice reasonable. The location is quiet, close to the central station and easy to reach a couple of metro stations.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Some smiles from the staff. Mentioned 2 things to morning reception and got no apology for the 2 shards of glass that cut my foot - gave the reception one as example. The safe opening was intermittent using the correct code - took me 5 times to open. And no it wasn’t the wrong code. Reception didn’t really believe me.

The firm beds. Quiet. 10 min walk to central station. Lovely little bar turn right out of hotel turn left.

The bed was very comfortable because I specifically requested and paid for a double room. Air conditioning was great. The breakfast was great but to my surprise and all the other hotels in Italy where I stayed the croissants were not fresh and warm. Also its good to know for elderly travelers that in order to take the elevator you must go up aprox 8 steps and there is no ramp. The hotel in my vew with the many times I have been in Milan is good but overpriced, even though Milan os more expensive than the rest of Italy you can find great other hotels in a much better area.

The breakfast could be more differential, there could be more options to choose.

Nice hotel in good location, near to the central station, about 10 min walking distance. Fiendly personnel. Comfortable and very clean room. Good value for money, I recommend.

• Deluxe Double Room

It was expensive... €290... for a soulless room. Cleaning people banging and crashing in the hallway at 8.am. The least helpful reception staff we have ever come across. We could not wait to leave...

It was available in the middle of the night after a cancelled flight.

Not much around the hotel in way of bars or restaurants.

5 minute walk to Central Station so convenient for metro and other trains. Breakfast only fair but staff friendly and helpful.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Air condition was not working although temp reached 30s, and when i complained they told those are the manager orders to turn it off although the hotel was fully booked, flush was leaking all night and shower as well, has to change the room as they put me near kitchen and noise was unbearable

Very clean and well furnished hotel within a short walk of Milan Centrale station & metro links. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Would definitely recommend!

The shower curtain is insufficient to keep the water from spilling into the toilet area after a bath. The whole place becomes wet n uncomfortable. Generally staff are pleasant but not very friendly. No view from room.

Location - very central. Near a few stations. Comfortable bed n pillows. They provided hot water for tea when requested. Quiet at night. Quite happy with my stay.

They can add a little variaty at breakfast but not a big deal.

Amazing location for us. We stayed only one night so it was convinion to be near the central station. The staff was very nice and welcoming. The room was nice and very clean. The restaurant nearby was really nice as well.

sound isolation (both from indoor & outdoor) can keep you wide awake during the night. quite dark rooms due to lack of external lights.

clean rooms & hotel, helpful & welcoming staff

Our room was very dark bed uncomfortable. Bathroom facilities very dated view from bedroom looked out on to privates balconies where people hung their washing and smoked

Reception area was very well decorated and inviting. Staff where very friendly and helpful. Comfortable seating. And access to computer facilates

The coffee.

Our plans changed due to a rail strike and we were fortunate to book into the hotel and get a room at late notice. Booking in took awhile as there was a large group ahead of us, but once they were through our booking in was very fast. We ate at the restaurant for dinner, which was quite good despite only having a small range of choices. Breakfast was good.

The air conditioning was controlled centrally by reception and was not switched on so that we could control the temperature in our room. It was very hot for us. Also I had emailed prior to arriving warning that I was Coeliac and requesting that my dietary requirements be met, however there was only rice cakes (which tasted like they had been left out for several days- chewy and like cardboard) available at breakfast. Very disappointing!

Close to the train station

Wi-fi was terrible. It's a bit of a walk to the metro.

Room was quite modern and roomy, though I suspect we got a better one than we booked through here. Staff was friendly. Distance to central station.

A dedicated reading light by the bed would be helpful.

In addition to being very clean, the rooms are sleek and stylish - the decor very much to my taste - and the staff are gracious and helpful. I shall recommend this hotel to friends and shall certainly stay there again if I return to Milan.

A receptionist blatantly lied to me telling me that the air conditioning "turns on automatically" in the rooms when they actually have manual switches for each room behind the wooden wall in reception. He refused to turn it on (I still don't understand why guests can't have air conditioning whenever they want it) and after an argument he realized I knew there are manual switches and didn't even excuse himself when he finally turned it on. Either way they will turn it off after a while (every day). If you don't know about the manual switches they will keep insisting they can't do anything about it as it is "automatic". Hotel which tries to cut costs at the expense of the guests. This is also reflected in the breakfast which barely has anything and is of low quality. My room unfortunately had a sewer smell in the bathroom coming from the shower drainage and I didn't bother asking for a change as it would probably have been an ordeal. Highly not recommended as the price is too elevated for what it ends up being. Funny how the first thing you see when you enter reception is a "no trip advisor" sign...

Everything was up to par.

The staff were very kind and helpful. It was very convenient to leave our bags there on check-out day and return for them later after spending the day in Milan.

Maybe I'm just being picky now but the pillows could be more comfortable. But they were quite okay.

The staff was really helpful and friendly. Great location - Centrale is close to the airport shuttles and close to the main train station of the city if you're looking to travel to other places.

The bathroom is a bit old style. The walls are thin, so you can hear your neighbours.

The hotel has a very good location, close to the train station. The staff was polite, both check in and check out were very quick.

The property is older and the fixtures and carpet are worn, but appear to be clean. The walls are also quiet thin. If your neighbor is talking above a hushed town, you'll hear everything clearly. We could hear the conversation our neighbors were having at 1:30am. But at th price, it's a bargain and you get what you pay for.

Close to the train and other transit, easy to navigate the city and great location for travelers not driving.

Little control over a/c in the room, but adjusted by staff at the reception desk.

Very nice staff, water in lobby, plenty of choices for breakfast.

We could hear our neighbors. They were having a small party in their room.

The bathroom in our room was huge! We also liked the breakfast. The hotel is 10 minutes by walk far from the train station.

• Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast:I couldn't had scramble or omelet egg due to the reason they didn't made any type of egg just had boiled egg if wanted. minibar: no alcohol in it except beer Closet: its open so no closed door for putting your cloth on Room: Aircon wasn't working for a few days which was fine so we had to leave the window open and then it started working

bathroom: very nice but no slippers. Double sinked which is beneficiary for couples Room: Balcony on the 5th floor which was good and a nice big tall mirror Shower pressure: was good and nice hot water if need it Bed: Pillows were comfy so was the mattress Safe: easy to setup and have used it

I have stayed here before but had forgotten about the staircase to reach the elevator from the reception. For this reason, I would not book here again. I have medical issues and am not allowed to carry weight. I had meetings every day and had to take my bag everyday which was heavy as it had samples. Every time I had to request staff to carry my bag down the stairs when I was leaving and up the stairs when I came back. I did not find this very convenient as sometimes I had to wait for staff to carry my bag.

The location is excellent and bed was comfortable.

The room shared a door with another room, which is fine, but I could hear absolutely every sound from my neighbours and I'm sure they could hear me.

Very good location near the central train station. Room was super clean and quite spacious.

Street side rooms are impossible to sleep in if you want to open the window. So avoid them in the spring and summer. The shower is a challenge to take a shower in unless you are under 12.

Very nice modern and recently refurbished hotel just next to Central Station. Very kind staff, good breakfast and cozy rooms.

very noisy, also neighbors in room, they talked normal, we could fully join / listen conversation. airco during day on, but in night off, very warm and humid. also bathroom old and not good, no lights (broken), we mentioned, but not fixed. water dripping in shower

I could hear the sound of neighbor's fleshing toilet quite loudly. The crowd at night around the Centrale is not great, so get off the next train station if you can.

Very clean, the staff is super friendly. The room is small, but it has everything you need and is very lovely. Great location, especially if you'll be traveling by train.

Many people from the staff were unwelcoming and made us feel uncomfortable.

Cleanliness of the rooms and especially the bathrooms; they matched our expectations.

Very clean, silent room. Milano Centrale and Lorete underground station are quite near from the hotel, 5 mins for me. Staff is always ready to help you. Also, there is small gym on the -1 floor.

The bathroom was a transparent, so you can see the person showering from the bedroom. Also there was no kettle.

I like that the room was clean, spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was very modern for European standards and included shower caps, shower gel and soap. The room met my expectations and the bed was comfortable. We received new towels very day which was lovely.

Not happy with the service and the amenities. Internet connection really slow. There is a laundry service which is a total fail. Followed the instruction of the hotel and left a pair of trousers in the laundry bag and left it in the bathroom in the morning (before 9am) for it to be cleaned and returned in the evening. When coming back in the evening the bag had been placed next to my suitcase in the room. Went down to the reception and asked why the bag wasn't taken. I was told I should have advised the reception, I answered the hotel instruction said otherwise ("place the bag on the floor in the bathroom..."), no apologies from the reciptionist whatsoever ("Oh, then maybe they didn't see it."). Well they had seen it because it was in the room next to my suitcase upon my return. I gave the trousers to the reception, for them to be cleaned the next day and returned the next evening. Came back to my room the following evening, found the bag with the trousers on the desk with a note from the management that "due to technical difficulties" the laundry service didn't work.

Location near Metro station Caiazzo and near central station is great.

everything was suitable for us to stay here such as good location, comfortable bed, silent environment, reasonable breakfast, specially the hotel soperga has an exclusive smoking yard enclosed area.

2-days Wi-Fi vouchers (instead of permanent Wi-Fi) standard room is a bit small narrow shower cabin

cleanliness interior of the lobby breakfast polite staff few steps away from the buses to Malpensa and Bergamo airports

• Superior Single Room

Struck the interior is totally modern in style hi-tech, better than other hotels. Friendly staff. Good breakfast. To the Central station 5 minutes walk

Internet is a bit sluggish, breakfast is pretty bad for $15, rooms are good but quite basic so will definitely not get tempted to stay in for too long.

This is my favorite hotel for a one-night stay near Milano Centrale train station. There are better ones for sure but in higher price category. At the same time, I would go elsewhere if I was looking for some cozy getaway or a longer term stay.

Sound isolation between the rooms was very bad. I could hear noises as quiet as people typing on their computer from my room like they were next to my bed in my room. In addition, running water sounds from the neighbouring rooms at times felt like I was next to a waterfall - quite annoying as you cannot sleep and relax. And furthermore the cleaning stuff started hoovering and clattering in the next door rooms from 8am and I could hear them across a number of rooms down the corridor (not just in the room immediately next to my room)... It really felt like the walls between rooms were made of cardboard. I did raise this issue with the reception staff who said that all the rooms are like that! I am surprised they still have customers. Value for money was appalling!

Bed was all right.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast looked impressive but toaster inefficient, slow to refill empty containers and we felt rushed. A bigger built person would not fit comfortably on the toilet squashed up against the wall.

Good location - easy walk from train station and to Metro. Good clean crisp facilities and room.

beds were bit hard (for me no problem, but for some people it can be) bit expensive

large, big rooms (high ceilings) friendly and professional staff very central location

You can here noise from other rooms. TV sound upstairs came down to my room. Boiled eggs were inedible.

Beds are very confortable and service at breakfast very good.

The place is much more better than other 3*** in the are. Large rooms with new furnitures make your visit very enjoyable. The hotel is 10 mins walk from central station which makes it very easy to travel around or take the shuttle to the airport. It’s 15 mins walk from the shopping street and 4 metro stations away from the center and its main attractions. I would definitely choose it for my next trip to Milan . Enjoy !

I always stay there when in Milan with friends. This time I even get my room ready at 10.00, when check-in time is 14.00. Comfort location near car rental at the Central station, parking just next door to the hotel. Good breakfast. Good coffee. Spacy rooms with great shower. Good internet. Staff always helpfull and plesant.

• Superior Single Room

Wall acoustic of the rooms not very good. Can hear the noise from neighbors and corridors. If there’s an electric kettle to boil water will be perfect.

The staffs made the effort to ensure your stay is comfortable. Hotel well renovated and has essential needs for our stay. It’s was great for our business stay.

Just walls were really thin, could hear a lot, but after busy days in my favorite city it’s nothing!

Stayed I’m Milano many times and always around Centrale. This hotel has the best value and exceeded my expectations: nice staff, easy to find, close to Centrale, big room for standard European hotels, nice breakfast, super clean, new, modern and such a good price comparing the hotels where I stayed before and that were not so good at all! I think this hotel must have higher rate! Tip: there is amazing Sicilian trattoria in the corner.

Attitude of staff at reception.

Modern hotel, staff distracted and unsmiling at check in and check out. Room spacious and clean. No tea making facilities in room. Walking distance from Milano Centrale railway station. Good wifi.

We arrived at night. The desk clerk was not very friendly. We had difficulty connecting to the Wi Fi. When the cell phone connected, the computer could not.

Convenient location for 1 night stay. Walking distance from the main train station.

Well I had an early train but there was no hot water for me to have a shower in the morning. Staff confirmed that, said they were sorry but did not give a refund

The rooms were a bit noisy unfortunately. Staff had offered us some breakfast as compensation. However, breakfast could have had more variety.

The hotel is a good value for money. The staff was very friendly. Perfectly located close to the main train station. Can totally recommend the pizzeria next door for a great local pizza-experience (go for Pugliese).

Far from any metro, very arrogant stuff, not even tissue paper in the room , poor shampoo and sanitary useful things, no towels just clothes and big towel, poor breakfast all canned juices fruits etc...

New

Staff unfriendly. WiFi unsecured. Insonorization inexistent. Do not disturb card not respected. Bathroom with old equipment. Breakfast expensive and not worthy. Close to station but far from city centre, area not recommended for lonely woman.

- The breakfast was too expensive, so we didn't take it (especially that there is a great number of cafeterias at the railway station). - The room windows facing the inner court - no view at all, very close to another building. But it was of no importance as we stayed just for 1 night.

The hotel is clean, newly renewed, comfortable. The staff kindly advised us a good restaurant nearby. Close to the railway station (10 min. of walk). The staff speaks English.

Is has been renovated but they forgot the toilets....big disappointment when I enter the toilet to see everything old style. The doors of the shower won’t close properly. Toilet with tape to hold the lid. Loosen screws.... I also paid extra for breakfast but I was going too earlier (no mention of breakfast hours on Booking.com). Anyway I was promise a breakfast box for me to take with me as they do with “all guest that go early in the morning” as told by the attendant the night before. Well was no box for me and the new attendant didn’t know anything about it...very dissatisfied!

Nicely decorated with modern style and very good location if you need to stay close to Milano centrale station

• Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

the room provided was not good, especially bathroom is in very worst condition. The money we had paid 172 Euro per night is not worth. Staff is not friendly.

Breakfast and location is better in the facility.

- Shower-head was leaking first 2 days, later it was fixed, after multiple complains. - Bed sheet was a bit torn. Was fixed the following day. - Toilet seat was in an odd place, right next to the door.

- location - tourist help provided by the staff

Thin walls. Could hear the elephant next door snoring. If the hotel has been renovated two years ago they haven't included the bathrooms. I have never been in a hotel were all the personal wants to know the room number every second. You are not allowed to walk in the corridoor if you don't make sure that you have a reason to be there. Fruit salad from cans on the breakfast.

Good cappuccino on the breakfast.

No Airconditioning. No hot water boiler with coffee & Tea facilities. But getting hot water fr the barman downstairs was no problem. Opening the window helps but at the expense of traffic noise.

Location is good. 10 min walk to Central FS. Neighbourhood is safe. Good Italian Restaurant (Dinky) near the hotel (5-10 mins walk). Good breakfast & efficient service by staff manning the lounge.

2 problems: it is not level access in the lobby to get to the lifts (elevators) to the rooms. Inside the lobby, one must ascend some 7 or 8 steps to reach the lift, and that's a problem if you are "older" (as we are) and with a hefty suitcase. I can't imagine how someone in a wheelchair would manage it at all. In fact, there is also one step up from the street level to the lobby, as well, which could easily be remedied, if they had a mind to do so. The other issue I had was with the attitude of some of the front desk employees. Some were helpful, but two times I was treated quite rudely, both having to do with my asking for a cup of ice. The first time, he gave me attitude and said something to the effect, "Do I look like an ice machine? Go to the bar!" Yes, the bar had the ice machine, so we were set. The next night, about 5 minutes after 10PM, I asked for some ice and was told, effectively, to go out down the street to some kind of pub. The hotel bar officially closed at 10PM, and despite the fact that the ice machine was only just about 10 meters away, he was refusing to assist a guest with such a request. I suppose he didn't want to climb those 7 steps! Nevertheless, I persisted: "Even for a paying guest, you can't go get some ice"? The answer was no. So, that encounter right there basically earned them a less-than-stellar review from me. I'm not asking for a miracle (full course meal, or something), just some ice into the cup I was holding. And the ice machine was practically within eye-sight! He simply WOULD NOT lift a finger for a guest request. On the other hand, I should say, that one of the other front-desk employees gave very useful information about finding a place to eat nearby. There is (or was) a sign in the lobby criticizing Trip Advisor for, apparently, what they felt were fake "negative" reviews. (That's why I/we like "Booking.

We requested an "interior" room, because of street noise concerns, but actually the street in front isn't terribly noisy, and the windows are multi-layer. The requested inside room was assigned, so it was nice and quiet. Weather was kind of warm, so -- on request -- the room a/c was activated. It worked fine but you may have to ask for that. Breakfast buffet adequate, but not the vast buffet with multiple hot dishes we see in some places. Generally speaking, with the exceptions I mention in the "didn't like" section, it was a good stay.

• Superior Single Room

The air conditioner were shot down during October . A little bit hot when the tempeture were 26'C. And the room key will revise everyday . I have to go to reception desk to revise the room key again . I had stay for 4 night . so I had go to revised the room key for 4 times .

The restaurant staff are very nice man . And the bar tender are very gentle too. Very clean and comfitable room . 3 mins walk to Milano central railway station 5 mins walk to Rorento subway.

1 person rooms are like doghouses- extremly small. Wifi is kind of crap and breakfast should be little bigger. Hotel is not worth that money.

Good location.

very close to Milano Centrale that I needed, very clean and the staff is very nice. I did not have a breakfast so cannot comment food . Recommending!

• Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

The hotel room had no air conditioning and was stuffy and too warm and when we enquired we were told it is usually much colder at this time of year and that they could not turn on the system due to pollution. Staff were surly when we asked to leave luggage but reluctantly agreed.

Quadruple room was reasonable size and was clean. Breakfast was good with good coffee.

They had no aircon available even though it was 24 degrees?! I asked why it wasn't switched on and they said it was winter time so they had heating...but the heating was on the same system that was switched off so that wasn't true. They had no toothpaste at reception. The breakfast was particularly awful and the very limited hot options were stone cold both mornings (cold boiled egg with cold sausage only 'hot option.') When I told the waiter everything was cold he touched the side of the pot they were in and just said 'tepido' and walked off. No concern at all!!

It was very clean and the beds were comfy

We were very happy with out stay at Hotel Soperga, we couldn't find any flaws on it. Its a great value for money and the fact that there is people at the lobby 24 hours helps for guests who are arriving / departing at non-standard hours.

The hotel is very modern, the room was nicely decorated (albeit a bit small). Location was pretty good if you are looking to stay close to the Milano Central Train Station, since its just less than a 10 min walk straight through Via Soperga. To visit the Duomo and other main tourist attractions we took the metro, which is approx a 6-8 min walk. I would def recommend it for people who are looking to stay close to the train station (we had a flight at 6am from Bergamo so we took the 3:30am bus from the train station) so being close to the train station was priceless. However, if you want to closer to the tourist attractions, maybe this is not the hotel for you.

Staff was helpful but not friendly. Seemed like we were bothering them. The air conditioner was broken and the shower was very hard to turn on.

Located very close to the metro, easy to get around the city. It's also possible to walk to the city center.

• Superior Single Room

One issue was the hotel didn't have an ironing board and iron available to use. Their laundry service also didn't operate at weekends so I couldn't even pay them to iron my clothes. Not brilliant when travelling for business.

Room was nice, bed was comfy, staff were friendly.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The breakfast could be better.

The staff were fantastic. The hotel has recently been refurbished and the room was gorgeous. I'm sure it won't stay a 3 Star for long as it really is very good.

Browse Hotel Soperga traveller photo gallery