Reviews of Hotel Sporting 5 stars

Via Clelia Donà Dalle Rose 16, C.P. 326, 07026 Porto Rotondo, Italy

#3 of 29 hotels in Porto Rotondo

• Superior Double Room with Habour View

Hotel food was nice but very over-priced. Location was beautiful but a little too quiet. No atmosphere at hotel.

Bedrooms were very nice and kept very clean. Service was good. Views were lovely.

• Superior Double Room with Garden View

It's a pretty quiet area, so if you're looking to relax by the pool or beach then it's perfect. We went for walks through the marina but there's not too many shops of interest. Lots of expensive boutiques. Some great restaurants though to eat out at if you want a change from eating at the hotel each night.

Staff service, room, beach access. Katja from reception was fantastic. She booked us on to a day boat trip to La Maddalena for €50 per person (plus €25 per person for transfer to boat pick up point) tour included two swim stops and a basic pasta lunch on board. Katja even let us borrow towels from the hotel as we didn't have any. Definitely made our trip memorable!

• Superior Double Room with Sea View

The beach in front of the hotel is small and sometimes very wavy.

Our room was spacious and two steps from the beach. The "Ferragosto" dinner was amazing and breakfast is also very rich.

• Superior Double Room with Habour View

They say breakfast is included then they charge you for eggs , they said the menu is on the table but no one told us that we have to pay extra for eggs

The location and the view of the room

• Superior Double Room with Sea View

Essentials: No iron and no shaving kit

Exclusive location and accommodation; helpful, smily and friendly staff; great food and drinks; entertainment with live pianist/singer; beautiful private beach and good swimming pool and all essentials needed. Beautiful weekend!

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Superior Double Room with Garden View

We went to Sardinia for our honeymoon and we had an amazing time! Hotel Sporting gave us an upgrade of a room with sea view. The room was amazing with a balcony area looking at the sea. It was super clean and comfortable and really well located. It had free parking which is really important in Sardinia as you have to drive to go everywhere. Breakfast and staff were great!

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Superior Double Room with Sea View

I wouldn't say that this is a five star hotel. The decor is dated although was clean. No room service available outside of mealtimes.

Great staff and location. Lovely breakfast

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Superior Double Room with Garden View

This hotel are lying con artists. There was a mistake in my booking, and there was no room in the hotel for the duration of my stay. After some negotiation the manager and reservations manager together told me I could stay in their panoramic suite for one night and that I would be transferred to their 4star sister hotel for the other nights. They told me I would have a free upgrade for the room and I thanked them and felt very grateful. However, they took a £479 payment from my card- I assumed it was because my booking was pay on arrival. I found out the next day that they had already taken the payment of £479 per night for 3 nights. After speaking to booking.com they made contact with the hotel to query the payment, the hotel denied taking the money. I was asked to provide evidence to booking.com which I did. Once the evidence was in place, the hotel changed their story saying that the extra payment was to pay for the room upgrade! A blatant lie. I am by no means wealthy and could never afford to pay just under a £1000 to stay one night in a hotel. The room albeit having nice views didn't even have basics like wifi access! (Which when queried told it must have been a fault). On top of this the hotel also did a couple of things which I felt demonstrated their deceptive nature. Firstly one of their receptionists recommended me a restaurant. The restaurant recommended me the fish, I had rock salt fish, asked for a small portion around the size of a supermarket portion for 1 person. It wasn't very tasty, it was served with some tinned olives and hard boiled potatoes, I didn't eat it all. When the bill came I was flabbergasted that they had charged me €65 for the fish! When I showed the waitress she said "mama Mia" and went to query it with the manger. A new waiter came over and told me they had reduced it to €45. I felt totally conned, I checked out other prices at other restaurants and learnt I had been grossly overcharged.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Superior Double Room with Habour View

No way does this deserve a five star rating. Poor breakfast, coffee only by request. Asked for a soft boil egg and was charged €3! Broken salt cellar every morning. Had to ask them to bring a cup for our daughter each time. Waiters had poor command of English and were visible overworked (all day shifts). TV quality uwatchable. No gym. No kettle provided, bring your own with you. This was our second time there but we have decided not to return for another 2 or 3 years in the hope that it will improve.

Location- private beach. Clean rooms.

Rooms a bit tired

Nice location

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

location is amazing.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Superior Double Room with Habour View

Beach is useful but not amazing

Excellent location

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

N/a

Lovely natural beach, good breakfast and lunch. Comfortable room and nice patio overlooking the garden. Very helpful, immaculate staff.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2015

We liked practically everything. Great location over a small beach with very helpful staff. Two of them Pietro and Paolo have been very gentle to us. For the rest it is a true 5 star hotel, room services everything was excellent. A special outstanding mark for the breakfast....only one problem: we gained several kilos after just few days at this hotel

• Reviewed: 3 September 2015

Nothing , just too short!

The location is fantastic ,one side of the hotel on a quite private beach and the other on the lively marina. For us it was excellent value for money but the prices fluctuate immensely and I would not have said the same thing if we had be paying the 400 or 500 euro a night which is the nightly rate if you don't get a reduction.

• Reviewed: 9 July 2015

the absence of beach activities such as renting a canoe

the hotel is outstanding in all : Rooms, room service , location on a private beach, attention to details by the staff, brunch buffet every morning, high quality all the way to the room maids who clean the rooms twice or more a day

• Reviewed: 28 May 2016

The towels boy stold my iphone

• Reviewed: 27 July 2015

Exceptional location. Friendly and helpfull staff. Good service.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2015

the location near the beach excellent beach the hotel give a good atmosphere and well handled private parking the staff was very excellent

• Reviewed: 21 June 2015

service

There are also 6 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.