Reviews of Strand Hotel Delfini 4 stars

Via Nuova Cartaromana, 68, Ischia Porto, 80077 Ischia, Italy

#131 of 179 hotels in Ischia

Staff kept walking into our room even after we asked them to stop, eventually we had to lock them out, when we told reception they just didn't care. Staff were generally not interested in helping, our air con was broken and after 6 hours they still hadn't done anything, we had to kick up a huge fuss to get it sorted and it took them over an hour to sort it out. They offered us a new room with air con but refused to give us one with 2 beds and insisted we share. They told us we had to choose between air con or a bed each and halfway through the woman we were talking to just went home and we had to start the whole process again with a new member of staff who didn't know anything. There's a shuttle service from the port but it's not advertised, and the hotel is a lot further away from the port than it seems!

Sea access is nice, room had a balcony. Nice view of the castle

• Family Room

Could not use the pool on two of our five day stay as they had private functions. Private beach is a strip of sand with a ladder into the sea. When we arrived they told us we had been upgraded but gave us a room with two singles pushed together and a child's bed for three adults. Our booking confirmation said two large doubles and two large singles. The staff did arrange to change our room after one night.

Fantastic location with amazing views. The island is fantastic for sightseeing with a bus to the bus station, which has busses going all over the island, stopping right outside the hotel. Rooms were clean and staff on the whole were friendly apart from one or two.

I reserved two twin beds but when I arrived after a long Day of travel from Paris, the young woman at the front desk told me they don't have a room matching what I reserved! In the next 2 days they did ABSOLUTELY nothing to get me my room with two twin beds! It was always tomorrow, tomorrow! Finally after 3 long nights and me getting angry they moved me to a room with two twins! W T F ? Hotel Delfini will say anything on booking com for you to book!! Beware! I even verified ahead of time via email, they said yes! Like a used car dealer they will say anything!

Pool, breakfast

• Economy Double Room

I like the comfortable location, lovely and friendly staff, clean sea in the bay, fantastic cuisine in the restaurant and really unbelievable view on Castello Aragonese.

• Economy Double Room

I wasn’t impressed to find used shampoo sachets (more than one) in the bath! It makes you wonder when it was last cleaned! We were given a room with adjoining door to the next one. A group of Russian extremely noisy ladies next door spoilt both our mornings! Advice to the hotel: please invest on proper noise cancelling adjoining doors !!!! One member of staff at the reception was very dismissal and seemed too quick to answer our questions and queries. We had one evening meal which we suppose it was on special offer (20€ instead of 35€ ) due to the low season. We were disappointed with both choice and cooking .

The view and position were excellent! The welcome basket with fruits of the season was a beautiful touch

Perhaps restaurant meals could be improved but I guess that in winter the hotel has less staff as it is low season.

Wonderful location, amazing view. I really appreciated the service: Michele is the manager that seems to have the overall responsibility of the hotel, a really hardworking, efficient and kind person. He does a great job!

• Family Room

I recommend you book a taxi to the port at the lobby. It’s cheaper than call a taxi by yourself. I payed 15€ on the way there while it costs 10€ on the way back.

The hotel caters to low-cost German tour groups, so menus, food, language, and the attention of the staff is directed mostly toward this audience. We could not get an Italian menu, or what we would consider Italian food. Food portion sizes were large, but the meat was rubbery, the fish was bony and soft, the vegetables were overcooked squishy and served luke warm, and the service was ... well they forgot to put our entre selections on the plate and served us just the aforementioned vegetables, and they didn't catch their error until we mentioned it as we were served dessert. Don't ask about the"sauce" or whether fruits were fresh, We had to pick carefully through apples with worm holes, and bruised oranges. The hotel has seen better days: it once had key card locks, now it uses metal keys. The bath once had a steam shower component and multiple nozzles, now the water drains out of a nonfunctioning console. There was a fancy electronic selection wall plate that may have once played music, but no more. The room door opened only a foot or two before jamming against the tile floor. The furniture had marks where people had tried to open beer tops, or were scratched by years of hard use and inattention. The balcony door required considerable force to open. Other rooms were similar. Once we stopped going to the optional dinners, front staff were very indifferent. Took four trips to reception to checkout, and we missed our bus to the ferry when they called us back from the bus stop to pay a bill we had already paid at check-out the day before.

Great view of ocean and castle. Good check-in. Appreciated a complimentary dinner. Nice unheated pool. Lady who cleaned our room excellent! Beautiful tiles everywhere. Wi Fi strong. Price reasonable off season.

• Family Room

Stunning location on Ischia, right opposite the castle. Beautiful surroundings with an immaculately clean pool. The rooms were perfect for us and the staff were very professional and accommodating. Good choice for a relaxing break. The on-site spa was a plus. Will definitely be back.

Very very noisy. People singing and shouting on microphones until.2h00 in the morning. Rude teenagers blocking doorways. Girls in heels running up and down until.two in the morning on upper floors. Really spoilt our experience.

It was close.to the sea. It was in a quite street.

• Deluxe Double Room

The front desk staff were grumpy,1 in particular, couldn't crack a smile even, shame. ......I probably wouldn't stay their again, although it was in a most amazing beautiful position. Everyone else we associated with & met on the Island were great.

Situated in the most amazing, beautiful position, the ocean, the rock islands, the castle.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

The hotel is in desperate need of attention, sockets falling off, it is totally been misrepresented, the pictures shows on booking.com with sun beds actually belong to the hotel next door the Eden, there is no sauna or Hammam in the hotel if you ask they offer to take you to different hotel 30 mins away, the room are not very well sound proof we had to change 3 rooms till we couldn't hear the people next door the check out took 20 min, although i had already paid when I booked the city tax was not included I offered to pay cash they had no change so had to wait till she sort out other people to pay by card. There is no kettle or tea/coffee making facility in the room, and there is no room service, so you are really stuck if you wake up early till the restaurant open. the bar didn't have much in stock, the outside areas looked very run down and dirty, it looks like the hotel is in the verge of closing down, personally I don't know why it is classed as 4* But the location for the views is one of the best on the Island

The location and the view from the bedroom

There was a nice receptionist who spoke English and introduced us to the hotel. However, before that, we were met by receptionist who could not explain anything about hotel or even lead us towards the room. Usually, hotels are prepared to meet the guests but we were left with the feeling that we are not very special at all. Pictures at booking.com are not exactly representing the hotel because there is only a very small part to the beach that hotel Delfini is owning. That part is quite dirty and definitely not worth a 4 star. The hotels around are having the same view and perhaps are much nicer. Thermal pool downstairs is full of chlorine and we got a very strong allergy reaction.

Nice view from the hotel room. Restaurant is amazing though due to the bad hotel service we did not want to stay for a dinner.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

• Economy Double Room

No noise proofing between rooms. Very noisy couple in room next door- arguing, loud TV, no concern for anyone else staying.

Being so close to the sea to hear the waves.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Right from the first moment in this hotel is characterized by arrogance and unprofessionalism an incredible dirt. In the hotel I had paid for two nights 12 and 14 March 2017, but as it has addressed the immense hotel in which I stayed days before I decided to stay even for one day extra Sorriso wellness resort and spa ( which was perfect) by 12 March within circuit after Ischia I came on March 12 to accommodate Strand Hotel Delfini. I got room number 301. March 13 I also came with baggage. What was my horror and surprise when the receptionist refused me a room key with a team that has not yet been tidy in vain .. I explained that I stayed yesterday I only dont slept in the room and therefore have nothing to clean up. I have not been understood. elderly lady on reception was incredibly annoyed and shouted something in Italian. No one ever does not understand English. Nobody does not understand to any other language. Finally they called to the Director of the hotel which I status clarified. He then was given a room key. The room was musty and very cold. I asked why the telephone number of the director of the hotel, which I asked for burnings in the room and taxi to 8:00. when I came into the room in the evening was also smelling and unheated again, I claimed for state rooms. After an hour repairman who came not correct. It was the worst night in the worst hotel. If the owner of the hotel knows the off-season run continuously establishes the standard of the hotel should close it. Significant unprofessional staff, however, was the biggest disappointment. I do not recommend !!!

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Property poorly maintained. Bad staff, tried to con us into going to some dodgy tourist trap restaurant. The manager slept in the lounge during the evening on the couch

Stunning setting and view.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Family Room

a little bit torn in the bathroom.

The view is fantastic, but of course as far as you get the right room. In any case you may have nice view from terrace if not from your room. Quiet location. Convenient arrangement with another four star hotel for dinner.

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

In low season the exterior is poorly maintained. Spa: There is a small thermal pool and spa treatments on request in the hotel. Although a price list is provided, it is good to clearly establish the price and type of treatment. I chose a relaxing massage for the whole body, and I received a terrible back massage only for 20 minutes. It wasn't the first massage I had and I can assure that this was everything but relaxing. At check out we were charged the cost of a lymphatic drainage massage of half an hour, 40 euros. To my request for explanations I was told that I should have complained to the beautician and that I should have been more precise in booking the massage. Not professional in my opinion. My wife had a facial from the same beautician and was quite satisfied. Included in the price of the room you can use the thermal baths of the hotel Parco Verde which is about 10 minutes away by a free shuttle service provided by the hotel. There are outdoor and indoor thermal baths, steam room, cervical shower, a small gym, and spa treatments on request. The baths are good, but there is no changing room with showers. Only a very tiny room with 3 lockers open to everyone where to leave the clothes. The pools are ok, but bathrooms and common areas are quite dirty and unkempt. Food: Dinner is served in the same hotel, (at least when we stayed in November). The menu is either fixed or with choice of 3 courses, depending on the evening, the food is decent but not special. Drinks are not included in the half board, and here is where that they tried to trick us. In the 2 dinners we had, we bought 1 bottle of wine per meal priced 12 euros each (poor quality wine by the way), and in the final bill on departure we were charged 20 and 16 euros respectively. On the order they made me sign at dinner the price had been added afterwards.

Hotel and Room: The hotel is in a good location, served by bus, however we recommend to rent a moped or a car to be able to move freely on the island and to easily reach the center. The hotel is very nice and offers a beautiful view of the sea and the Aragonese castle. It is clean and the staff is friendly.

• Deluxe Double Room

The location in fantasy rooms big with amazing view

Friendly staff and beautiful property! Can't wait to come again!

• Deluxe Double Room

Horrible breakfast. The top shower in our room didn't work, another part of the shower wasn't suitable to enjoy the shower

Bed really comfy, stunning sea view from the bedroom. Staff really helpful.

• Economy Double Room

Very friendly and helpful staff - lovely food and very clean and modern rooms. And a bonus was of course the amazing view from the room.

• Family Room

Rooms were barely equipped for us. Shower didn’t work. Didn’t have any food options on their regular menu.

View

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

We wanted to stay extra days but they were full. Terme baths were fantastic.

Amazing views, beUtiful property Very relaxing.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Poor breakfast

Amazing view and lovely design, authentic atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Bathrooms needs refurbishing, as well as the common hot pool

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Family Room

Hot tub and pool was closed and there was a lot of grumpy old people

Right in the beach

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Morning

Amazing staff and best room N 104 !

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Beautiful charming hotel, with helpful stuff. Good location, and amazing view on the Sea and Aragons Castle!

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The room and the hotel overall was not clean enough. Spa was too small .

The location and the view was good.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

No information leaflets has been provided in the room or at reception, had to ask about everything, like pool or restaurant opening hours etc. We later learned that hotel was doing free transfers to other places that had free access the Thermal waters, which we were not made aware of. Although we came quite early (end of April beginning of May) hotel just started to get ready for the new tourist season.

Happy overall, hotel was clean, stuff friendly. Not to mention we had a free upgrade to luxury one bedroom suite. It had two balconies with amazing view and even had a piano in one of the rooms. Walk in wardrobe one other thing to mention. Hotel has fresh water pools (cold outside and heated inside) and also access to the sea.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2016

The best staff, management and facilities! its calm and beautiful! We were upgrated for free in a junior sweet for the whole stay! Perfect thermal pool! Very polite staff! We will spend holidays here again! The breakfast both beautiful and delicious.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2016

It was far from the center of Ischia, a far walk along hills to get there. They do have a shuttle that runs there but not reliably if it is not tourist season. I would recommend staying here only if you have access to a car.

Hotel was right on the ocean and was very nice. Staff did their best to communicate, some were nicer than others. The view was incredible.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2016

Note: We visited during low season, so things may have changed. But it was not a good experience. Check-in was fairly easy, though they had to keep calling some woman over (who seems like she runs the place and is very friendly) to answer basic things in English. We were given a broken key card and were told we were upgraded. It's a key card with a chip and you have to keep it in a slot just inside the door. There were buttons everywhere and had no explanation of anything. I assume since it was low season their restaurant was not running dinner and I don't believe the bar was open either. So they had to shuttle you to another hotel for dinner. Cheap? Yes. Worth it? No. You are to be picked up at 7pm to go to dinner and picked back up at 9pm to come back. The first car (because it couldn't fit all of us) came at 7:40pm after being told at 6:55pm, 7:15pm, 7:30pm that it's only 5 more minutes for the car. And yes, we still left at 9pm. There was nobody at dinner to explain how it worked. Looked like a buffet, but only part of it was, and since we're from the other hotel, we were in a special section. But nobody helped us, the nice Italian women we were with had to track people down to ask. We have never felt so invisible. Renovations were going on, so we tried to use the hot spring downstairs, but it was colder than bath water. Fluke? Maybe. We were going to try again, but they were repainting the walls. The outside terrace looks amazing, but wasn't fully set for guests. At some point there was loud grinding noises and you had to figure out how to get around the sparks coming from it! I'd just suggest closing for a month and getting all the work done before having guests. It's not near the center, so unless the bus starts going down that road again, prepare to walk at least 25 minutes, call a taxi, or request the car to the other hotel and walk from there.

The view was beautiful and sunrise is like nothing I've ever seen before!

• Reviewed: 16 March 2016

Beautiful location with outstanding views, but a little awkward to get to from Ischia Porto. Very good facilities for high season, excellent indoor hot pool all year round. Comfortable bed. Quiet and very relaxing in March.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2016

There was an ongoing refurbishment on our stay in return we've got a deal on a room would clearly be higher priced, excellent location out of the town centre with spectacular view, friendly polite staff good breakfast and beautiful decor all around inside. I wish I could spend a week in peak season in this atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 27 February 2016

There was ongoing maintenance during our stay (FEb 2016), sometimes a bit noisy, with dust- durty powder in common parts, like the main stairs. Cleaning Personnel should keep common parts in order during maintenance (stairs were full of dust from worker's shoes for 3 days in a row during our stay and nobody has ever cleaned them). The small Gym appeared "abandoned" to itself and in disorder, the little pool area also appeared in disorder, with open air electric cables, and bottles of water in the corners. Avoid the thermal area of the "twin" hotel , near the port , at least until it goes under major renouvation... Breakfast quality was a real turn off.I tried the open-air in a bowl yogurth and I got stomach sick. A suggestion: home made cakes with local products are delicious, cheap and last for several days. They do not need an opened restaurant, can be delivered at your twin hotel. Customers would love them more than industrial single packed bread (fette biscottate) or old defrozen croissant (the only two choices we were offered during our stay). The hotel is located in a stunning bay, but there is nothing nearby (houses) and need a good up and down 20 min to reach the first village /supermarket/restaurant. During low season time the hotel restaurant and main facilities of this hotel are closed, but rates are much cheaper.

Location: stunning sea-view from the room. Our deluxe room was really beautiful and large (mini suite) , pretty original in the ability of putting together baroque+ceramic style with a lot of "gold". We appreciated the highly experienced breakfast waiter that made the service perfect. We went in Feb and the only opened facility was the internal mini thermal pool: very nice and very small, but the two of us where the only visitors, so we enjoyed it. Best time to visit : may-september

• Reviewed: 25 February 2016

They are renovating the road and bus 7C will not take you directly to the hotel. You will have to walk. Normally no problem since its only 10 min from the last bus stop but what if you have lots of bags with you...

View from the balcony

• Reviewed: 26 November 2015

Everything was excellent!

We rested at the hotel with a year-old child. We were delighted! This hotel has its own soul and it is amazing! Great interior with elegant antique furniture, stunning sea views, good Breakfast and perfectly clean rooms. The hotel has a Shuttle service to a restaurant where you can eat very tasty and inexpensive. Dinner or lunch with 4 dishes will cost 15 euros (this is the best quality/price on the island). Dinner includes: salad bar, pasta (lasagne), fish or grilled meat, dessert. Special thanks to the restaurant staff, which is especially important for younger guests. Our child separately prepared mashed potatoes and fish, because more than anything he didn't eat. The waiters quickly served all requests and paid attention to every visitor of the restaurant (and there were quite a few). All were satisfied! We lived in three different hotels on this island and this is the best! I would also recommend the hotel Parco Verde in the chain.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2015

I would like to share this in details and attaching the photos with the description. I could not do that here so I posted my own review on Blog Spot on the facts with no emotions which you can imagine you may have when your very short vacation is ruined. You may find the full review here http://vizthoughts.blogspot.it/2015/06/strand-hotel-delfini-review-worst-hotel.html Shortly: dirty, needs renovation, personnell has very poor English, very bad Wi-Fi connection, no cell phone connection, dangerous for children, we ran out the next day we arrived. In two words: "Never again"

The location is indeed beautiful, however was also disappointing by the fact of a lot of boats around leaving a grease and oil on the sea surface making it smelly and inappropriate for swimming.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2016

Great place with amazing view and beautiful ambience.

• Reviewed: 19 April 2015

Spa in hotel, spa in another hotel and transfer privided, amazing sea and castle view

There are also 4 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Strand Hotel Delfini traveller photo gallery