Reviews of The St. Regis Rome 5 stars

Via Vittorio Emanuele Orlando 3, Central Station, 00185 Rome, Italy

#422 of 921 hotels in Rome

• Deluxe Double Room

Property under renovation. Not advertised when booking. Construction works noise disturbing in the morning / affecting rest and comfort. No restaurants / poor selection of food.

• Deluxe Double Room

IMPORTANT: The rooms are not so clean, I found a lot of hair!!! be careful guys, check everything . Cleaning stuff is really lazy f##ers. I have complained many times but nobody react. So bad for St. Regis. Also Location is not so convenient .

I like there the hall and breakfast.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

In desperate need of renovation. We were upgraded to a suite, which was nice but the quality of the furnishings were not at all up to St. Regis standards. I felt it was just an average hotel.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The hotel was under re innovation and the segarat smells everywhere even in the room with loud drilling and hummering

The staff, cleanliness, breakfast and the location

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Breakfast was very expensive,

Beautiful property, Champagne sabering each night was a nice touch, Very comfortable bed Nice location near termini and metro

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

I found the restaurant choices limited and they muddled up our order. Also, they were so fearful of us paying our bills in cash that they had to make my dad go pay his bill at the reception.They seemed distrustful of foreigners with large notes..well it's just easier to travel with large notes! Such nonsense doesn't happen in London.

The Hotel is tastefully furnished and in a very excellent location

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The rooms are really small (35 m2 in superior or 40 m2 in delux room you don't feel at all). Take in consideration, that despite the modest size of the rooms, the electrical outlet is far away from your bed. There is a luck of space in wardrobe. The bathroom is still the same as 15 years ago.. The hotel is not bad for short stays (2-3nights max!) for guests with hand luggage only. And you have to ask closer to the elevator room, since the hotel is huge with no end corridors and you have a feeling, that you need a taxi in order to reach the elevator. The location is not the best, but good. Definitely the hotel is overpriced.

The bed is soft and comfortable. The bedding is clean and fresh. The staff is polite.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

This will be a long list! Staff very arrogant and rude. There was the occasional exception but in general poor service and lack of attention to detail. For the price we paid not worth the experience and as a side issue to add insult to injury we were being charged €1300 per night when we booked the room to find out booking.com we're offering the same room for €558 with breakfast!!! When we asked for a similar rate they would not oblige! So we checkout and then in again with the better rate and they couldn't have made it more awkward if they tried. Breakfast was mediocre by the way and don't turn up 5 mins early you'll be told sharply they are not open and if you need cuisine use the 24 hour room service!!! Dont t use the laundry service my trousers came back with the same mark they were given to remove and as I type this I still don't have them and we are leaving tomorrow morning very early :-( as a general comment everything is too much trouble for them very lazy attitude. I could go on!!!

Room decor is very appealing but other than that I'm struggling to find positives.

Rooms are old

Hotel under extensive remodelación. Nothing was mentioned at time of booking

Staff was amazing. Especially Giovanni the butler

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

• Imperial Double Room

service

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

It didn't seem up to par with St. Regis standards, in general.

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

not value for money

• Reviewed: 19 May 2016

Valet parking in Rome is super expensive at €50 a day. Our only "complaint", though hardly an issue, is that we informed the hotel that we were on our honeymoon, but felt that we were not treated any differently to other guests. Perhaps we are spoilt by how the Ritz and Dorchester treated us the days before our Rome trip but we didn't think we were given any "special honeymoon treatment".

The palatial details and room sizes make this hotel feel special from the moment you arrive. The staff are outstanding!

• Reviewed: 5 January 2016

It was a room with no view!

Amazing hotel - stylish, extremely comfortable, helpful and charming staff. The breakfast was excellent, particularly a glass of Moet and Chandon to wash it down. Beautiful, tasteful Christmas decorations everywhere in the hotel.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2015

All staff including the reception, concierge, room service and the lobby cafe were nice and really helpful. I always go back to st regis because the staff makes me feel really welcomed it feels like home. They take care of small details. The concierge staff are very helpful. The food is good. I liked the room as well and the view was amazing, typical roman. The hotel is within walking distance to many places.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2015

Our beds were constantly not made up like most hotels.

The hotel went to great lengths to make our stay truly memorable. We were there to celebrate our wedding anniversary and were pleasantly surprised to receive many favors from the hotel that made our stay superbly wonderful.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2015

I have experienced staying in st. Regis in some other cities in asia. However, the st. Regis rome is far below my expectation. The staffs could understand english v well. It took ages to call for a water bottle. More worse they sent me towel not water. As i knew st. Regis have the best service and very generous alot of complimentary. This hotel in rome i couldnt feel the st. Regis!

The location is close to tourist spots in rome n shopping place. All is in walking distance and you can enjoy the beautiful artistic building during your walk as u r in rome

• Reviewed: 17 November 2015

+ Amazing hotel with great location + the decor is just so classy + the beds are so comfortable + toiletries are highly branded + got upgraded from superior to the Imperial room +went in for a late dinner to the bar and was given exceptional food

• Reviewed: 20 October 2015

arrived late was given the last room, the room was poorly appointed the window was looking at a roof top of a building, room service was delivered in time but food was cold.

Only the location

• Reviewed: 20 September 2015

Room was kinda small but ok considering how old the city is. AC needs better adjusting it seems like it never stops

Staff was attentive and polite , we loved the champagne in the lobby at 7 plus all the alertness.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2015

The staff didn't treat you with warmth. It felt like a business transaction. I wasn't welcomed. I had to wait 1hr 30min just to get to my room

The decor. The bed was cozy. The hotel looked beautiful.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2015

It still amazes me that in 5 star Hotel , when you are dropping 500$ a night before any food or drinks, they still try to get another 20 $ out of you for wifi.. In todays day and age, wifi ( for guests T least in all the hotel should be supplied like oxygen...

The service is amazing. Anything you need or want to know. Anything you order is done to perfection. The staff is truly a one of a kind .

• Reviewed: 4 August 2015

Free Wi-Fi was not useful and blocked my cellular usage.

Everything. Concierge and other staff extremely courteous and helpful. Excellent casual meals.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2015

My only issue was with the a/C. The other room my son stayed in had very cold air, mine was not. Of course I can't complain too much since I never called the staff to let them know !

Good location, you can walk from the central train station and to any major site. A lot of shopping and restaurants close by. The interior is very nice and rooms are big and you have a lot of room in the bathrooms as well. The restaurant in the hotel has good food with out the outrageous prices.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2015

Could not have an iron in my room when i asked for + expensive breakfast 45€ per person.

Its stunning hotel with great and professional service staff. When you stay ther you feel like you are living in kingdom ages. Nice lobby and well decorated rooms and specious. Very good shower gel as well :) I would difinatly come back ther again.

• Reviewed: 21 May 2015

The breakfast is not a St. Regis quality. Few choices, and I have not received my poached eggs :( although I asked the chef to prepare them!

The location for sure, the staff is divided into very nice and not so nice!

• Reviewed: 14 April 2015

Very expensive but worth it Would have liked a room with a view over Rome

Lovely bar Beautiful room with high quality facilities Spotlessly clean Received a complimentary bottle of Moet as it was a special celebration Hotel looked after our luggage after checkout at midday until we left for the airport at 3pm.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2015

No free wifi in the rooms

The room was beautiful decorated with roman style painting.. The view was exquisite. Staff were very helpful and friendly.. I also liked the life piano music every evening in the lobby.

• Reviewed: 20 February 2015

Staff is incompetent, they are unable to help with any request even the easiest one such as delivery of flowers on time to my room.

Excellent hotel in perfect location

• Reviewed: 23 May 2016

The decoration and the color is too old,light is too dark, thus makes you feel blue and make every items look like unclean.

location is good

• Reviewed: 25 February 2016

Excellent breakfast and great service attitude.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2016

Landmark property with attentive and friendly staff!

• Reviewed: 9 February 2016

Service of the staff amazing, specially butlers, room service and breakfast staff

• Reviewed: 15 December 2015

Charge for wirless net

• Reviewed: 3 November 2015

Value

Location location location

• Reviewed: 28 September 2015

I think for the price of the room , breakfast should be included

very elegant hotel , lovely rooms great service,very good breakfast

• Reviewed: 7 July 2015

Staff could be friendlier

Location and beauty of the hotel

• Reviewed: 9 April 2015

perfect staff and service

• Reviewed: 3 March 2015

All was perfect ! Best service in Rome !

There are also 9 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse The St. Regis Rome traveller photo gallery