Reviews of Hotel Stromboli 3 stars

Based on 1964 hotel reviews

5.9

5.5

5.5

You get what you pay for.

Room was very small and in need of a bit of renovation. I was in front of an external bathroom used by the staff for cleaning purposes and I was awaken by the noise of the people who started their shift very early in the morning. No plugs close to the bed. Bed was comfortable on average. Location is perfect if you need to commute easily - via Marsala is in front of Termini station.

Never stay at this hotel!
    • Quadruple Room

Everything! Most of all - airconditioner wasn't working at all! In 40° heat it was a killer. Staff were rude, except your 1 night shift guy.

Airport shuttle bus and main railway station just infront.

Hotel needs major renovation.Everything is very old.Double bed was just 2 beds pushed together.Nothing good about this hotel exept the location.I do not recommend it for long stay

Airport shuttle bus and main railway station just infront.All the main attractions can be reached by 20-minutes walk.

Perfect location for a cheap stay in Rome.

Fantastic location 5 minutes walk from Termini station and metro, and across the road from the bus stop to the airports. Plenty of eateries close to the hotel. Villa ery cheap basic room which had everything you would need. Spotlessly clean and new bathroom. Very quiet with good shutters and curtains to keep out the very early sunrise. Air conditioning kept the room at comfortable temperature, and we had the best night’s sleeps. Staff were all friendly and helpful. Free internet and no charge for looking after our luggage for the day after we checked out. Thank you Stromboli for a great stay in Rome.

I want my money back.

The room hosted a nest of ants. It took ages to resolve a night time power cut that left the whole floor in the dark. The staff didn't react to my complaints about hygiene. Sleepless night. Stay away.

Simple, nice and in city center.

Because of the weather, we had to keep the window open, due to to the closeness and the busy street it is on, was very noisy with the window open and with window closed, hard to breathe.

Staff was helpful, the place was clean and easy to find, city center, would recommend.

I had to stay at this hotel because I impulsively extended...

The room wasn't the cleanest, and the shower stall was kind of horrifying. Not to mention, the furniture in the room was in horrible condition, and the building smelled pretty bad. I'm thankful that I only had to stay there for one night, because I don't plan on staying there again!

I had to stay at this hotel because I impulsively extended my trip and the other hotel was fully booked on the night before I was heading out to Venice, so this was one of the few that was available. The check-in/check-out process was pretty fast, and the hotel is really close to the station. The WiFi was also decent.

Location is the only good thing about this Hotel

They charged Euro 4 per person for city tax and did not gave receipt for this. They charged us for the luggege Euro 2 per pc while we return from sight seeing....unbelievable....

Location is the only good thing about this Hotel

Not very good to stay long. Just for one day!

The rooms are too small; beds are too small; I do not think my brother of 185cm can fit; There is lack of staff, the same in the reception is the same helping in the breakfast room; there is only one person cleaning the rooms; consequently the beds are not well made; sheets and blankets are only pushed up. 4 days of stay and never had sheets changed. Corridors dirt!

The location.

The internet was disconnecting every 5 or 10 minutes and I stayed 2 nights but Wifi was provided only for one day. Room floor was not properly cleaned and blankets were smelling bad.

Okay if you spend most of the day outside.

There was a damp/stuffy smell in the room upon checkin. It went away after keeping the window open for a day. The shower was cramped 2ft x 2 ft. The bathroom didn't feel fresh and clean. Ratings via G-maps tell a different story. The lift is quirky and it starts and stops with a jerk.

No hassle checkin even late at night.

I needed a cheap & clean room, conveniently located with a good WiFi...I only found the last two!

Not much to save about this property starting from the fact that it is managed by Chinese who often don't understand the Italian language. Rooms -> Very old with very old, somehow damaged, furniture; requiring some fresh paint and a bit of open air (smells terrible) Bathroom -> Very narrow and in poor condition, I didn't even have a place to put my toothbrush. At some point I even had a water leak coming from the toilet (!!!) which was quickly fixed, but still... Elevator -> Feels like it's gonna be your last ride on an elevator. Dirty, stinky and in poor conditions Lobby -> It looks like a mini market, with wines, and beers, chips etc. for sale right on a showcase in the lobby

Location is very good and convenient if you are travelling with public transportation. Wifi is also very good but doesn't let you connect more than 1 device at the same time.

Location was good as it was near the Termini station.

Room was not clean, blanket had holes in it and it was smelling like smoke. I felt I was falling from bed as the mattress was not even. Also had to pay $16 city tax for 4 nights. I wasn’t aware I had to pay that until I got there. Pretty dirty overall. I wouldn’t book there again.

Location was good as it was near the Termini station. Wifi was free. Not sure why other reviewers said they had to pay for it.

Good location next to the train station and the staff were...

Two beds pushed together, really thin walls, wifi you have to log into every time you open it up.

Good location next to the train station and the staff were helpful with printing tickets and storing luggage. The room felt worn-out but it was the best hotel deal I could find in Rome

Average hotel but close to train station and city centre.

Everything is too small. Elevator holds maximum four slim people. Single room very small. Shower very small but water pressure very good.

Hotel is across the main train station Roma Termini and close to city centre. Room shower has very good water pressure. Breakfast average with mostly pastry and some cheese and ham.

Overall Ok for a night stay or a couple of days. Rome anyway one would be out whole day and back onl

The decor and ambiance was average - the kind of place near train station. Nothing seriously bad and perfect for a night stay.

I was to reach Rome late at night and wanted a hotel close to Termini Station. The hotel is just outside the station, easy walking distance , Safe at night as its on the main road, very good staff, plenty of restaurants and stores around.

Lots of rules and regulations - internet on one device only,...

Lots of rules and regulations - internet on one device only, for 100 hours, often not working, took a long time to sort out. You can certainly hear your neighbours! Decor dirty.

If you are looking for a place just to rest and not worried about other things, book this.

1) The room was far different from the one in the pictures. The single room is very small.The room they gave me when I checked in didn't have a bathroom. When I enquired at the reception, they said they don't know (?) about it. But they did move me to different room after I told I will be staying for 2 days. 2) The bed spreads, floor were dirty. 3) No A/C. Room,restaurant,lobby quite hot. After a while you either feel suffocated or get nausea.

Location Staff was courteous

We survived it

Very very small room! Bathroom not good dirty looking shower was like warm water loads of broken tiles! Very small window looking out on to another wall almost! Not the best of beds ! very dated! Staff pleasant! WiFi - just had to keep asking for codes 🙈

Not worth the 3 star at all. More like a 1 star hotel.

Air conditioner doesnt work, shower too small, we had ttwo single beds instead of the double bed, duvet cover had holes and stains, scary small elevator, everytime you left the room the keys needed to stay in the reception, door lock on the room was faulty (took me a few minuts everytime I wanted to get in the room) pReceptionsts not helpfull at all.

Well located

I just paid and left, do not recommend anyone to go there..not clean, not the breakfast, nothing

Everything..bathroom was disgusting and bed was not clean, they didnt change bed cover for 6 nights, ive only slept there for 2 nights instead of 6 !

Absolutely nothing..only one good thing that it is near the train station in Rome

Location very accessible to all transport, shops around the...

Toilet or shower small space, room door not locking properly, after you check out and wants to leave you luggage need to pay 2 euros each luggage, no staff to help you for your luggage, phone in the room not working.

Location very accessible to all transport, shops around the corner, some staffs very helpful and kind.

worst experience.

the room wasn’t the same as I expected from the pictures I’ve seen. the bathroom was tiny. staff was rude. they stole my chocolate bar, at the vety first day.

just the location of the hotel.

Low price and good location.

Old quilts and musty rooms. No soap, shampoo, or toothpaste was provided. We had to ask at the reception and received soap. We were told curtly by the receptionist not to expect any toothpaste even at 5 star hotels anywhere in Europe. I guess we looked like Ill travelled fresh off the boat tourists from the third world, asking for sinful pleasures like toothpaste! I didn’t mind that it wasn’t provided, I went ahead and bought some, but the answer we received seemed quite impolite.

The location can’t be beat at that price.

Horrible, I will never go there again

The room was so dirty The mattress was smell really bad Full of cigarettes burns The bathroom was really dirty full of bad smell and mold in the shower No free WiFi The staff is so unfriendly

Nothing at all Apart from the location was close to the transportation

Bedroom was cold.
    • Quadruple Room

Bedroom was cold. Head board not attached to the bed. No light in 1 area. Leak under the sink in the bathroom. Shower area very dirty especially the shower hose.

Very close to train station, which is why I chose this.

Terrible state of the room. Carpet was filthy and I didn't want to walk on it! Bathroom was barely acceptable. Had to pay extra for WiFi, even though its advertised as free.

Very close to train station, which is why I chose this.

Very bad experience

Room lock got stuck at late night.Had to wait for 30 mins at late night to rescue our luggage. Unfriendly staff. Lift was scary.

Extremely unhappy. Rooms were dirty.

unhappy with the hotel overall

The room and the bathroom, l had to change my room twice because the bathrooms were to old and needed repairs

the only benefit was it was close to train station and buses

Average location, good if you have early train or transfer

The air conditioning doesn’t work, so there is no heating, the breakfast on the photo is what you get maximum, it’s poor and it was is fresh only once during my 7days stay, no meat, no cheese, eggs, : croissant, donuts and roaster dried packed bread,

Average location, good if you have early train or transfer

We stay here for one night en route to other parts of Italy because it is very near the station.

Breakfast wasn't brilliant, and the coffee was really horrible.

This is an adequate hotel in a very convenient location. Staff were friendly and helpful.

It is 20 steps far from Roma Termini station, it is...

The hotel is filthy - simply filthy! WiFi is 5 Euros/day! Really...

It is 20 steps far from Roma Termini station, it is extremely close to some of the Rome milestones, and it is well connected with everything. The staff is friendly and pleasant.

Wouldn't take it for more than a one night stay

There is no door to the shower, yet there's a sign that reminds to close the door while taking a shower... In addition, when we arrived there was a smell of smoke in the shower which faded away in the next morning.

Close to the train station.

if not because of location, we dont choose this hotel

The male staff at the reception is rude, if we don't hear him clearly, he will shout at us. I personally, lost my under wears. Wifi is NOT free as described.

Location is excellent. Near the Terminal. Easy access from airport. Female staff were nice. Room was large enough for us.

Location is excellent just beside the train station.

Male staff at reception was rude if we dint hear him clearly. My wife lost her underwares in our lugage and in bathroom. Wifi IS NOT FREE like described in booking.com. Bed is awfull made my back in pain. Lift is too small for our big lugage.

Location is excellent just beside the train station. Wifi connection is great after we pay 3euro per hour. We got large room for two of us.

The position of the hotel is very comfortable because it is...

The wifi costs 3 euro per day, an excessive price considering that now everywhere it is provided for free.

The position of the hotel is very comfortable because it is just a few meters from the main railway station of Rome ("Roma Termini"). It is also very comfortable for people who are travelling from and to the airports: just outside the hotel there are several bus stops for the two airports (Fiumicino and Ciampino). The reception is open 24h, and it is very comfortable.

Location is so good.

staffs who were on duty at reception table. They were so rude and highbrow. I do not like their behaviour.

Location is so good. it is very easy to go all the touristic places like colesseoum, vatican and la fontana di trevi by metro (Termini station) which is only 100-150 meters away.

The place is too noisy especially at night .

Breafast is not good , there is no toaster , less variety of food , no hot food for breakfast like eggs , and sausages . The internet was very expensive, 1 user for 1 gadiets and its keeps loging off unlike other hotel enternet is free. The facilities , bed, blanket they are old , some on them have holes already , bed are not comfy as well . The fridge is not working . No kettle at least for coffe .

False advertising

They said they had AC, but when I arrive it was shut off for fall. Sooo hot was hard to sleep. Single room shower had hot water only two nights and one night was cold water. Single room looked nothing like any of photos online

Great value for money at a very central place in Rome. Hop on hop off buses stop nearby plus local

There wasn't anything I didn't like but I don't think luggage can be left there for any length of time after check out. This wasn't an issue for me but maybe for some.

The room was very comfortable. The bathroom & accessories excellent. Location excellent for me, only 3 minutes walk from Rome Termini train station lots of bars cafes nearby even a supermarket. Not overpriced which I expected in Rome. Staff helpful & friendly. I would recommend this hotel.

Definitely not 3 star, it was unpleasant stay too.

The place is definitely not 3 star. Room is very small, it had a funny odour and shower was tiny (about 1mx1m or less)! The shower didn't even have a door so they attached a flimsy curtain on it. If you are tall you will be extremely uncomfortable. Also I'm pretty sure the bed throw had cum stains on it. Yuk! There's no access to boiling water for tea etc. and staff were reluctant to aid with access to it/were not hospitable. Would not recommend this place unless it's the last resort.

Super convenient and clean, staffed by friendly efficient people for a very reasonable price.

Shower was very small - I am short so it was fine for me, but a tall man would have had problems. And I could not get the shower door to close all the way so I had to use the shower entirely “hand held” to prevent flooding the bathroom.

Very clean. Room small but completely sufficient in all respects. All necessities provided for. A big bonus was the ELEVATOR a mere 3 steps up from the lobby. The staff was very efficient and friendly and helpful when I had trouble with the WiFi. Very nice people!

Worst hotel ever

Worst hotel ever. Smelly rooms, broken door handle, Airconditioner does not work, extremely small shower. Reception hands you the keys when returning to the property without verifying if it is your actual room. I am sure you can find a better hotel with the same prices. Ridiculous !

Just Location

I had a positive experience, everything was in good conditions, clean and customer service.

I supposed that wifi was included in the price of the booking, however, they charged me an extra of 7 Eur per day.

Very conveniente location for who is looking an area around the Termini train station. Staff very kind and helpful.

Too stingy for the charge

They charge €5 for Internet and also charge for storing the luggage if we check out early. Also, the management seem to exploit the guest if they are less aware while the staff are fine.

It is close to the Termini

Bed bugs, lost hot water, must have cash at checkout to pay occupancy tax (no signs indicating cash)

Bedbugs! Sign says breakfast included in lobby then told our rate didn't include breakfast first time we tried to eat (yes our fault maybe but most people book months ahead and can't recall rate). At check in should have been told. Also not told to leave key up front. Not told cash due last day for tax (almost missed our airport bus due to this). Pictures don't match rooms. Had to ask for a nicer second room since we bought two.

LOCATION

Couple of lightbulbs were out and they still use "old-school" keys which make getting into the room a little fumbly. Leaving the key at the desk each time we left the hotel was a quaint throwback to our first trips to Europe years ago.

LOCATION! We like being near Termini for bus and train access, but also because no matter where you find yourself at the end of the day, getting to the hotel is a snap. Having said that, the location is a quiet one and the room/bath were just fine.

location across the road from train stain and walk 50 m!

Dirty towel from previous guest left in the room!bed was squeaky and really uncomfortable, air con was limited, lift was shaky and slow.

location across the road from train stain and walk 50 m! reception friendly

Only the location !

The bed,the room,the service..it was like paying for everything,for internet, for breakfast,for leaving your luggage in deposits ..

Only the location !

Worst place I have ever stayed or experienced in my llife.

Everything was really bad apart from the door out.

Overpriced hotel with sub standard rooms with mould in bathroom.. you had to ask everyday for clean towels and soap which were all so poor in terms of quality, you would not give them to a dog, but the breakfast was the biggest let down, stale bread, cold hot water for coffee and you had to almost beg for any cheese or cold meats. AVOID THIS HOTEL , YOU CAN FIND MUCH BETTER ACCOMMODATION FOR LESS IN ROME.

1- night stay at Stromboli

The attitude of the staff was terrible during the check-in process. PS: some of them should not work with people!!!

The hotel is very close to the central station.

As we turned the bedsheets ready to go to bed for the first...

As we turned the bedsheets ready to go to bed for the first time there, we saw more than three hairs on the sheets that weren't only from hair from the head. There was hair also on the toilet seat and sink. Asking for new sheets was not a problem.

Never again this hotel.

The pictures on the internet was completely different from the real hotel. We were shocked. Awful room and horrible cleaning!! We were there 13 days and our sheets were not changed ONCE!

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Cheap hotel

Staff not approciable Wifi with payment No amenities in the bathroom Room was not clean full of dust We didn't recieve any cleaning service although the chaimbermaid came inside the room and touched our bed linens

The only thing that me and my partner liked,was the location of the hotel near the station

Great! Excellent location

Nothing to say here, all good.

Fruit was left out a bit too long and caused a lot of flys in the kitchen area. I left some belongings there and was able to call back a few days after to collect, no issues.

very helpful staff.

not a very comfy bed, but if you're only staying a couple of nights like we did, it would do. wifi paid separately; first connection was fine, but succeeding attempts to reconnect, we did have some problems

very helpful staff. for people on low budget and need to be next to the central train station for traveling to/from other cities in italy/neighbouring countries, this is a good option

A thumbs up!

The staff are friendly and accomodating. The rooms are cleaned on a daily basis. Near the train station, restaurants, souvenir shops and churches are accessible.

Too much small room...they gave us a room with broken water shower knob and when requested to change the room..they gave us a room in which air conditioner was not working..

Firstly, excellent value for money.

I would have preferred to have been told about the City Tax I was asked to pay on arrival (even though it was only 16 euros). Also, upon arriving in my room the Safe was locked, and the instructions stated that it had to be open to set your combination. I mentioned this to the bloke downstairs but he couldn't help and asked me to come back in the morning, which I couldn't really be bothered doing. I couldn't get the fan to work either, and the remote control for the T.V. didn't work. But besides these minor hiccups, I'd definitely stay here again.

Firstly, excellent value for money. The location is spot on (just behind the Termini Station), so it was easy to reach from the airport, easy enough to get back to without getting lost after a day out, and an excellent location for discovering Rome. The shower was excellent (hand held power shower) and I had a peaceful nights sleep.

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights, it was really bad...

Most

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights, it was really bad service, bad breakfast or almost nothing, and bad staff helpful, just one thing it's okay is the location

Cheap and pleasant stay :)

Shower cubicle was a little small.

Fab location right next to the station, within a 25 min walk to most major attractions or within easy reach of bus stops. Lovely staff, clean and comfy room, small but functional bathroom and couldn't hear any noise from outside. Breakfast was simple but adequate. Perfect cheap option for a short sightseeing holiday.

Most of the staff were very rude. There was no hot water and they didn't believe us when we told them. We also reported that the fridges in our rooms were not working and they would insist that they were working and didn't even bother to check. At one point we could see a line of ants in our dirty bathrooms. There was no wifi available.

The only good thing about this hotel is located in the front of the biggest train station

Location splendid, facilities need upgrade. Otherwise be positive and enjoy the holiday.

The decor and facilities in the bathroom need modernization. More varied and better choice of food items on the breakfast menu.

The size of the room was decent, kept clean daily and in order. However, unfortunately the bathroom was too small and if one was more than 36cm (13 inches) in diameter at his hips he would not have passed through onto the shower tray. Although daily fresh, the breakfast was limited in variety and choice and one had to ask for some food items. Notwithstanding this, all the staff did their very best to satisfy their clients, but they had limited resources and facilities.

Excellent location

Fridge not working Bathroom ceiling very dirty-to an unacceptable level- and curtain nets in room and breakfast room very dirty- the rest fairly clean House keeping-not chambermaids- to be checked! More polite weekend reception

Location Bed linen, flannels and towels extra 👍! beautiful! Excellent air conditioning Breakfast staff very thoughtful toward my dietary needs and very kind and night reception very polite and helpful

Great value for money. Good location

Shower door was broken so the rest of the bathroom got wet when showering. Not much hot water. Air conditioning could be improved.

Clean, basic room. You get what you pay for and it's good value. Right beside the train station and bus from the airport drops you off literally across the road from the hotel.

Location okay, the rest just so so.

When we came back from our daily trip through Rome, our apartment door was not locked - the cleaner forget to close it. Well, no problem, nothing was stolen but this shouldn't happen. The breakfast is super poor. They do not offer any ham, salami or cheese, you literally have to ask for it. Even then, they do not like to give it out. The double bed are two single beds which are placed next to each other. If you like to use shampoo, get your own one! They just offer 10ml test versions of any no name shampoo. Each person gets one package. Yay. Just to mention it, it is freaking hot during the summer season in Rome. Wifi is not for free! 3€ for one hour or 5€ for 24 hours. Come on.. 21 century!? Anyone??

Location - the hotel is located next to the train station. Some, but definitely not all, of the people who work there are helpful and friendly.

2 days Stay in Hotel Stromboli

The staff Behavior is very bad, They are very rude and not co-operating. The Toilet was not clean. There was no hot water when I mentioned about to receptionist, he shouted on me and told me some time it happened and he can rectify it only in next day. I will never go to this hotel, if I got chance to visit again Rome.

Hotel is well located just by the Station.

There were not soab in the bathroom. Internet is expensive in my opinion.

Hotel is well located just by the Station. It was very clean and breakfast is good. Room are ok.

Good staff, but very poor breakfast quality and noisy room

The breakfast was very poor, doesn't worth at all to pay for it. I ended up eating at the Termini station everyday. Also I found the room noise (the noise from outside from the street)

Situation géographique

The way the staff treated me.

The way the staff treated me.It was something like:You don't pay too much(I don't think that 77Euros is a small amount) so don't ask for facilities.Also when I prepaid the two nights he ask me to pay 8 Euros in addition for the munipulcity.I never heard something like that or read it on your site.

Avoid! Don't trust the photos!

The bed was terrible. Hard with springs poking out. The shower squirted water everywhere but on you. There was no guide in the room to explain anything (like breakfast, or where the nearest laundry facilities were), the toilet seat moved around and nearly caused an injury!, the decor was so outdated it reminded us of a horror movie set. The staff were polite but not warm and welcoming. If we were staying anymore than two nights we would have left and stayed somewhere else. We couldn't leave fast enough.

Location only

Staff member at the front desk was unfriendly and not...

Staff member at the front desk was unfriendly and not helpful. There was no soap in the shower and no remote control for the television. Even after I mentioned it to a different staff member, nothing was done about it.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

great location

mostly the size of the shower (for people more fat they won't fit) and the breakfast (without cheese or ham or anything related, excepted butter)

great location

Bed bugs disgusting hotel rude staff

The staff are rude and horrible I paid for breakfast and didn't eat it once because it was meant to be open till 10 but everything was gone by 9 the bed was full of bed bugs and we got bitten to death and spent the whole trip itching it's the most disgusting hotel I've ever been to.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

I really liked the location- for me I was travelling from...

No free wifi - standard to pay in hotels but I disagree with that- don t like that- bathroom was kind of old and gross- for one night stay, didn't bother to use the shower- but the rest was sufficient- for price and location I was happy

I really liked the location- for me I was travelling from the train station and took the bus to the airport the next day- so location was perfect- also near the metro stop so you could easily go anywhere you want in the city

Browse Hotel Stromboli traveller photo gallery