Reviews of Hotel Torre Dei Borboni 3 stars

Salita Della Madonna, 04027 Ponza, Italy

#8 of 9 hotels in Ponza

Great views but lack drinking water.
    • Economy Double Room with Sea View

There is NO potable/drinkable water at the hotel. The guests have no option but to pay for the bottled water in the room. Complimentary water was not provided in the room. I have travelled in Italy many times and have ever experienced lack of drinkable water in the hotel. Rooms are very small and basic for the high rate being charged.

The panoramic view of the sea from our room and the general property was beautiful. The location was optimum very close to the restaurants, shops and the port. Excellent coffee served at breakfast.

The only good thing about this place is the location and the...

Tv was not Working, room very small for the amount of money I paid No shampoo was given with the room. Very Noisy in morning. The Bed and Pillows were uncomfortable.

The only good thing about this place is the location and the view and the Air Conditioner.

Great Torre Dei Borboni!!!!

One lady on the front desk displays unwelcome attitude to people that don't speak Italian. Some people working in Ponza unfortunately might display very wrong attitude when facing idiomatic and cultural barriers.

Alessio, Marco and Angelo are awesome people and work lined-up targeting customer satisfaction. They were really proactive and committed to help. Room was nice and clean, location was good.

Amazing view, the terrace is worth the stay.

We were unlucky with the room, they assigned us a room that was particularly loud and it was hard to sleep through the noise

Incredible view of the island. The structure has been renovated recently, which gives it an extra touch. Loved to come back once again to this hotel

Wonderful stay I am definitely going back. The staff, the views the location, what more do you want!
    • Family Room in the Tower

The air conditioning didn’t work and the mattresses and pillows a bit softer

The staff were super friendly, the location and the atmosphere of the hotel was amazing and the best views of Ponza. There is no question it is my new hotel in Ponza!!!!

The best environment
    • Economy Double Room with Sea View

The staff is amazing we've never find so professional and friendly people. We really want to say thanks to all of them. Breakfast is huge amount of delicious food. The economy room with sea view is lovely. The terrace/solarium/swimming pool is astonish.

Loved the hotel and pool area.

We would have liked transportation for our luggage from the ferry to the hotel.

Loved the hotel and pool area. Breakfast was great and Location wonderful with an amazing view. Staff were helpful.

Travelers beware!
    • Double Room in the Tower

When arriving at the hotel we were met by a staff member who greeted us with (you don’t have a booking) so I then showed her the booking number. She then asked for our passports and went to stick them in a mail cubby. At that point I voiced I would not be leaving out passports there. She then began tapping her watch. Then when I would not budge she wrote down the information from the passports she needed. She asked us to follow her to the tower room we had reserved. Carrying our own luggage up into the old area of the hotel only to reach the room and have her instruct us that it was not ready. Then we are walked back down to the lobby then are given the choice of two rooms, both of which were just average, no where near the room we had booked. Later that afternoon after dinner we head back to the hotel. Where the new reception is a young man is on his phone, who even look up and also doesn’t great us. We then approach the desk to ask if there is laundry service or if there is a place to have laundry done in the town. Without even looking up he answered No. Thank god we only booked one night. Even though we are on the island for a week I would not spend another dime there.

Breakfast was decent, and the room had extra towels.

I traveled specifically to the Island of Ponza as this is...
    • Economy Double Room with Sea View

I traveled specifically to the Island of Ponza as this is where my grandafather is originally from. He recently passed away and knew I was planning a trip to Ponza, and it meant so much more to me to go. The hotel was located just a few steps away from the cemetery, which my great grandfather and other ancestors are burried. It was great to be able to check out where my grandfather grew up. Not many people spoke english, which made it difficult, however made the experience much more authentic (the hotel staff spoke english.) As my ferry was cancelled and I arrived later then planned, I didn't get to enjoy the hotel much, however it was a beautiful property and best location I could have asked for. If i return to Ponza, which I hope I do, I would love to stay at this property again.

Gorgeous hotel with unrivalled views over the sea and Ponza...
    • Economy Double Room

Hotel is located up a steep hill with patchy cobbles... not a problem for us, but would have required taxis had I eg. taken my parents too. Bonus was hotel had van to collect and drop off luggage and passengers for ferry.

Gorgeous hotel with unrivalled views over the sea and Ponza town. Lovely breakfast and reasonably priced bar given the going rate for cocktails etc. on the island. Compact but beautiful room with great shower, lovely decor and amazing terrace surrounded by bougainvillea. Well located for Ponza town and harbour.

I will not come back

I would not suggest for middle aged people, there is a long climb to reach the hotel and it is very tiring. There is no shuttle provided by the Hotel and taxi not easy to get.

Ponza residence close to everything

Overly noisy breakfast staff, many ants in our room, uncomfortable bed. The bar's open hours (16-21).

The view, the pool and the location. Reception staff was very kind. Decent breakfast.

Breakfast staff unbelievably rude!
    • Double Room in the Tower

The breakfast staff were appallingly rude, neglected to say good morning and were practically throwing plates around the dining room making the most horrendous noise whilst we were getting our food. When we asked for coffee or tea it was a fearful experience due to the filthy looks we got. Also, you can't boil eggs in no water, they didn't seem to think it was necessary to fill up the boiler with more water. I used the timer provided to boil my egg only to open it and it was still raw (that was on the day when the boiler was actually full) The whole place could be amazing and probably has been in the past, but it's all a bit shabby and run down with manky shower curtain and all the paint in the rooms is flaking off so the when you put your clothes on what looks like the suitcase shelf they become covered in white paint stuff. And although there were only two of us our suite was for four but there was only one chair in the whole two big rooms.... odd.

Plenty of food to choose from at breakfast. Reception staff really lovely. Pool looked a bit temporary but it was actually nice. Amazing view from our window

Could have been much better!
    • Double Room with Sea View

Room 207 is small and very basic. The bed was 2 singles pushed together - not usually a problem but in this case the mattresses were at different levels. The fridge would not work as the plug didn't fit the socket. The bathroom door was so warped it dragged noisily on the floor and was impossible to shut. The wood at the bottom of the French doors was rotten. The shower had nowhere to put toiletries. The room had no shelf or dresser and suitcases had to remain on the floor.

On the plus side the climb up was not as bad as previous reviews suggested. The views are spectacular and the hotel in general is good - but definitely overpriced.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Fantastic location for a stay in a friendly 3 star hotel
    • Economy Double Room with Sea View

Beware taking a taxi from the ferry to the hotel - it's just a short walk (albeit uphill) so there's no need to pay 11 euros!

The staff were very friendly - particularly the hotel manager Marcos who was extremely helpful. This hotel has the best location in Ponza town and is only a short walk from the water front but this is uphill. We were there in early May when the island (and the hotel) was half empty so good for relaxing and having the hotel terrace to ourselves! Tip: book a room with a sea view - there are no balconies

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

10/10 would go back again !
    • Economy Double Room with Sea View

the bathrooms were very small unfortunately which makes it a bit hard for tall/big people... breakfast was too focused on quantity over quality.

amazing calm location with an incredible seaview from the pool and rooms and not far from the lively harbour and restaurants ! Very friendly staff, the manager speaks good French and English.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Perfect view pool service!

Everything location

Unbeliavble view from sea view room, breakfast, terrace
    • Double Room with Sea View

Small pool

Unbeliavble view from sea view room, breakfast, terrace

Location, breakfast, staff, pool and terrace was excelent.
    • Economy Double Room with Sea View

Location, breakfast, staff, pool and terrace was excelent. Good hotel for holidays.

Perfect place to stay on Ponza.
    • Economy Double Room

The staff were lovely, the location and great and the view was spectacular.

I can recommend anybody, who want to spend amizing time in Ponza
    • Economy Double Room

the best view on the island from the hotel, 5 minutes from port and restaurant,excellent breakfast

Perfect location
    • Family Room with Sea View

Perfect location

• Economy Double Room with Sea View

Squeaky bed, doors banging loud Through night, tv worked when air con off

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

The view is breathtaking!
    • Economy Double Room

The view is breathtaking!!!!!!!!!!

• Reviewed: 20 July 2015

The View.

The View. The friendly faces.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2015

The spectacular view of the sea.

The breakfast is very continental style.

The spectacular view of the sea.

There are also 26 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Torre Dei Borboni traveller photo gallery