Reviews of Hotel Tre Stelle 3 stars

#903 of 921 hotels in Rome

6.2

4.9

Armstrong-type seiling, clumsy furniture

The undeground station is a few steps, a beautiful old building, a real coffee from coffee machine on breakfast.

The bathroom was a little cramped but considering the age of the building, this can't really be avoided.

Staff was very nice. Location was great. Breakfast was good.

• Double or Twin Room

We waited 30 minutes for the staff to come to the Reception. The furniture is old and smelly, dirty sink, dirty balcony, also the sheets a little bit smelly too.

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast items like bread was over by the time we came for breakfast. The shower had no hot water and it wasnt fixed even when we complained. They changed the shower but not the hot water problem. The service tax payment in cash was not disclosed before.

the breakfast items was good. Room was very big and spacious.

Cleanliness, rude guy reseption, being without the heating system, facilities, uncomfortable bed, dirty and sweaty pillows, small,dirty and dark room, smelly towels.

Breakfast, location, women receptions, value for money.

no wi-fi, funny smell in the rooms, poor breakfast (1 bread with 1 small butter and marmalade, 1 croissant), rude service in the breakfast

located next to metro station

There is an arrogant receptionist in the night shift. I am sorry i cannot find a better word, I never had to use this word in here. This type of people can ruin the tourism in any country. Sitting with a baseball hat and in track suit pants, without a welcoming attitude. When i came to this accomodation, i was in the taxi and neither the local taxi driver nor me were not sure we found the hotel. Outside there is no sign with "tre stelle. At the beginning, as someone who does not speak italian, i did not know this phrase would mean "three stars". I came in and there began the checkin process. And then i said there is nothing outside saying "tre stelle"(it was after this moment the 2 words were added to my little italian vocabulary). Then this guy flared up "With this money, how you would expect a real three stars? 20 euro for me is just some money to have a croissant and cappucino...." and " i will talk with the boss..." and "He should change this! This is not acceptable! " and " In italy tourism finished, italy has a catastrophy now ( not surprising! ;)) , before we had tourists from USA, Dubai and Russia, they were very good tourists! and more and more....... I booked this hotel in the night because i could not find a train to Venice on that night. It was around 12 oclock already when i checked in. I had booked a train for the early morning. I was very disappointed, and it was very bad feeling to try to sleep after hearing those words. I paid money to the hotel and to booking.com to get insulted! Hey booking.com, are you waiting the issue with this guy goes further to a scandalous point?. Because later i saw many people complained about the same guy. Unfortunately we travellers sometimes had to make quick decisions and we have to choose among what we see. This hotel was not supposed to be an option for me in here. You have take action!

Nothing, Listing this hotel in booking.com is a big mistake. Such accomodations will keep the newcomers away from the booking.com. I am saying this, as a serial booker, you know my profile. And i am not mourning client, i gave decently high marks for many accomodations. This property is catastroph! If i did not stay in ill gladiotori before this accomodation, i would leave italy as soon as possible. Give even10 euro more and stay in another property.

WiFi is not working at all. Tried asking staff to unplug and plug back in but that “couldn’t be done until the morning”. I had to run to a Mc Donald’s to send an email. Pathetic that it says the hotel has WiFi.

• Double or Twin Room

During the night we did not have warm water, the rooms were very dirty, very old, the night portare was very unfriendly, breakfast was composed from just a croissant and coffee.

• Double or Twin Room

Main Receptionist / director was rude with guests and mostly her own staff. Felt bad for the people that work there. The room had broken the shower's door. Useless Wi-Fi joke signal within the rooms. No cable. No phone in the room... Noisy place, housekeeping room is next to guests rooms, they make all the noise possible and walls are thin you can hear side / above guests doing stuff. Not sure how an hotel like this can have 3 stars, yes the price is accesible but when they charge you with the mandatory Italian fee, then you feel robbed because they clearly don't use it to keep a clean city / Hotel and provide an excellent service. This place is cheap and booking missleads advertising it. Motel 3 should be called or Robb you in 3.

Location and all the staff besides the receptionist

Room was small. The wi fi was very weak. Noise from the next room. The walls are not noise-proof.

Accommodation next to the public transport. The heating facility was very good for a chilly Winter night in Rome.

• Double or Twin Room

the comfort room is not good no water drain a faucet in wash basin.shower box has no cover the other side

no wifi in all rooms only in bar.the reception and entrance is separate you need to go out to reach your room.facilities insides the hotel is old no water in wash basin.

You need to have the adapter for the electricity plug if you have a big plug for power cable (that is the Italian standard).

I was in this hotel twice in one week. Both times I was there happy. The person, originally from Morocco was very kind: assisted me about the electricity plug (you need to have the adapter for the plug); directed me how to easiest find some places; assisted me about the transport to the airport. The value for many is excellent. It is a modest accommodation with all the necessary basic things. The location is perfect! In few minutes to the Termini Railway station. Just across the street is a Mini-market (working 7 days a week) with all the necessary goods for the travelers. I am highly recommending it and will be their guest any time I am traveling to Rome.

I was charged for one more night to my card . Change de room and i forget my coat on the first i go dow to reception to ask and did not give me anything

• Double or Twin Room

They confiscate the passport till you’re there. The breakfast is horrible.. rooms have no privacy, one can hear everything from the next room room. It’s overly priced hotel. The gents staff are totally mannerless. They are very rude. WiFi service is next to nothing.

There’s nothing good to like except the fact that it is near to the main railway station.

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast. The breakfast room. Towels were not changed on a daily basis. The hotel is not clearly marked. It shares the building with at least another two hotels, one of which is very clearly marked.

Room was clean, however it needs to be refurbished.

• Double or Twin Room

Room with breakfast not worth it - choice of croissants, bread, poor coffee. Wifi - very weak, not even covering the whole room. Oh, the shower head was brilliantly outdated :) and the WC flushing could give a heart attack. Sound insulation - lacking, so the neighbour's WC flushing wakes you up during the night.

Could be considered good value for money for Rome: meaning - just to sleep. Reasonably close to Termini.

• Double or Twin Room

Very rude behavior of night shift personnel, very old furniture and equipment, very slow internet connection, it was not even value for money.

10 mins walking to Rome Termini. Clean sheets and warm shower.

When I did reservation through Booking.com, it was showing air-conditioning in the room. When I checked in, there was only a small fan, no air-conditioning. I felt like I was cheated by the Hotel owner. I informed the Reception person. He said that this was the last room available and they don't have any other good room. If they were having a fan in the room then why they mentioned air-conditioning in the room description on Booking.com. The bed was making noise because of spring in it. This is the worst experience I had in Rome. I think Booking.com should re-think on to include this hotel in their list. In breakfast was not of good quality & quantity. Not at all satisfied with the hotel.

Except the location, nothing was good.

• Double or Twin Room

Wifi was a serious problem. The second problem was elevator which could not be used to go downstairs, only upward direction. The third problem was the gate, a common gate with some other hotels.

Location was good, next to the metro station and close to the train station

I stayed in this hotel only one night, I had a flight back home very early in the morning so I decided to stay as close to Termini as possible. And unfortunately I must say it was a very unpleasant experience. Mostly because of the bathroom. First of all, the door on the shower was broken, it was impossible to close it because the part which should be moving was disconnected from the other part which should be stable. But, I could live with that, it was just one night. It was a single bed room. What bothered me the most was the missing hot water. I let the shower pour for about 15 minutes in hope it turned into hot or at least warm. And yes, I tried both sides and also a sink. No hot/warm water. I went to the reception to complaint and the receptionist told me that he will send someone to fix it. I said OK and went to the city (it was around 2pm this Sunday, July 2nd). But when I got back around 7pm, it still wasn't fixed. So I went to the reception again. There was a different guy and he told me that it's Sunday, nobody is coming to fix it. Well, not very pleasant information after the entire day spent in hot streets of Rome, right? So I asked what should I do, I'm paying mainly for bed and hot shower. So the guy at least provided me the key from a different room where could I shower. It was 3 floors further (my room was at 3rd floor and this one was on the ground floor) though, so I had to go all the way down and then back up. After I returned home I filed a complained directly to hotel. I waited more than 2 weeks, nobody even bothered to answer. I was very disappointed and I don't recommend this hotel to anyone.

The location. I choose this hotel just because I needed very early transport to the airport

Wi-Fi not available in room, only on bar. But not a major inconvenience.

Comfortable rooms with air conditioning for great price. Pastry breakfast was a nice bonus.

cleanliness and the bed condition (the mattress so old, sheets even older), should be improved a lot. no air conditioning. curtains so old and dirty!

location, near termini station and safe for a single woman walking even late in the night

The receptionist added a flavour of confidence for my stay. He has helped me even by letting me keep the bags in the hotel after checkout time as I had to travel to Vatican. Will definitely go for this hotel the next time I am visiting Rome.

• Double or Twin Room

Room had no wi fi and had to be outside to use it. Door locks were not functioning properly. The place was old and rusty altogether. Bathroom shower cubicle door came off when trying to close. No view for the room. Nothing like it is described except the location.

Location was the only good thing about the place. Staff was ok and the breakfast was in acceptable form.

• Double or Twin Room

The bed was not comfortable.

The hotel is close very to the center. The main station, Rome Termini is 7 minutes walking distance. Breakfast was okay. One coffee and croissant. In general, the room was clean but old.

• Double or Twin Room

It was horrible all over from the beginning to end. There was no water in the bathroom. Have to eat breakfast without Morning wash. We had to move to another room for shower & wash. There was no wifi in the bedroom. Wifi only works in the bar. Bar is very very small. Cappacino was served in small tea cup & caffe latte in a small glass. There was no information sign. No welcome from staff. There is no telephone in bedroom to contact with reception. The floor of the bedroom was filthy. Broken tiles in bathroom & broken toilet seat. Dirty walls all around the place including bedroom. Though they advertise the hotel is three star ⭐️. I think it's just a street b&b. It doesn't have the facilities even one ⭐️ .

• Double or Twin Room

Not very easy to find since it shares the same building with another hotel and they didn't indicate the whole name of the hotel to the site.

Very good location near to everything specially the metro.

• Double or Twin Room

Great price, they were also incredibly helpful when wee arrived at 6:30am due to an overnight train, and let us check our bag into the hotel all day while we did sightseeing.

• Double or Twin Room

- Bathrooms are small, mold in bathtub - Old furniture - Damaged room interior (ceiling, walls, etc.) - Double bed is really short even for people with average height - Thin walls, noisy neighbors could be a problem

Open 24h

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Most disgusting place I have ever stayed in. The photos on Booking.Com are misleading and I have photos to prove it. Breakfast was awful, stale croissants!! No WIFI in the room despite the claim that it is available in all areas!! Not one person in the dining room looked happy, probably all in shock as I was!!

Nothing!!!

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

The personal was not very friendly and too much lazy! The breakfast is included in the room's price, but they only provide some croissant (you cannot even choose what flavor) a piece of bread (probably made some days before) and a little jar of jam; that's all, if you ask for some yogurt or something else they are very rude to answer you that they do not have any yogurt or other groceries but croissants and cappuccino with skimmed milk and "if you want there is a supermarket just in front of the hotel".

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Wifi a bit slow. A remote controller for TV set was not working. No variety for breakfast. It didn't meet my expectations as a 3 star hotel.

Easy access to public transport.

• Double or Twin Room

no wifi. was told it was "not working that day". no power outlets in the room. i went down and asked for a refund and was told his manager wouldnt allow it but he will call her and see what he can do. we were offered to move to another room with different wifi (still a terrible signal). TV did not work in this room. could barely fit in the bathroom, less than a persons width to move around. decor is horrible with dark patches and needs a good repaint.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

fire place was't running. my room wi-fi connection was bad. not so much clean.

break fast was pretty nice. location was good! It takes 5-7minutes to the termini station on foot.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The facilities. Very old. Need repairment.

Stuffs' Hospitality and attention make the stay at the hotel comfortable even though the facilities are old and somewhere broken. Thanks

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

First, I was shocked from my room, it was with really old furniture, it was not clean enough and the electrical sockets did not work. So I requested a new room. They changed the room, actually it was a little bit more comfortable from the previous one. The bed linen was dirty, the bed was simply awful. The breakfast was small. Sorry but I can not recommend this property.

The receptionist was so friendly.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

The room "presentation" can be improved as it looked old with dirt marks on the wall.

It was in a decent location with short metro stops away from main attractions. Staff were nice. Recommend for a short stay.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Rather grumpy staff (especially in the breakfast room); got the impression of being behind the Iron Curtain in the 80s. The Internet is a big joke; none of my two devices (cell+laptop) could find the wi-fi. The room has a writing desk, but no space for the chair. There is a WC in the bathroom although there is no space for it. The shower cubicle is broken.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Cleaning

Hi I am qazi. The location and value is very good as well as staff 😙😙😙😙😙😙😙😙 But the only thing cleaness is not good little bit bad smell in the room.and I booked 1 large bed. But they just combined 2 single bed each other. All the night I just pushing the beds. .. it's not good 😞😞😞😞😞😞

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Was a bit cold in the room and staff could not provide extra blanket. One guy refused it in very rude manner. Sorry not helpful

Location was quite good

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Wifi in and out in the rooms. Unreliable wifi.

Location is great if you are coming from the train station and dont want to drag your luggages far. Great value for $.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

the room got a bit stuffy but I just opened a window

great value for money. you are getting a bit more than you are paying for. the breakfast is enough to keep you going and the beds are ok.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

When you enter to "hotel" everything is nice, clear, perfect, that every person thinks that the room will be the same like the entrance and the same like on the pictures which they posted on the internet. Then you enter to the room where you came find just dirty and very old poor furniture. Everywhere on the walls footprints. What did they do there? It was very expensive to paint again walls. There is telefon, but for what? Because it's not working. "Wifi is working in every area of hotel"-they posted on booking. But it's another lie. Wifi was working just in the part where you are eating one poor breakfast. They can't give you at least 2 of margarine and jam. One is enough for one slice of bread, which is stale and hardly to be called. It is absurd that they have to save all passports, in every normal hotel they pick just one for one room. So we had problem to change money because in every place they are asking for passport before they change you. And i forgoted to tell that springs on the bed are creaking and poking. It's so noisy, very old, poor bad.

Anything

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Dirty: the bathroom, the shower, the room, the walls, old and scratched furniture, plus a lot of dust- poorly cleaned!

It was close to termini station and also had a metro station very near. That's the only positive thing i could say!

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

There is no Wi-Fi in the room. Only place where it works was breakfast room. Breakfast room is so small that you better go to the breakfast as early as possible if you want to get a table..

Excellent choice if you stay only one night.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

There are many points that I didn't like about this hotel. Please don't book it! 1) We were 3 people in one room, yet we only had one plugin! How were we supposed to charge all of our phones?? 2) We left our room key at the reception, and every time we came back, there was a different employee working at the desk. Which means, he/she never saw us before. Yet none of them checked our ID, ever. We could have said a random room number and they would have gave us that key without checking. That's why we wouldn't recommend leaving the key at the reception 3) Wifi was only available in the breakfast area at the reception. No wifi at 5th floor or on the other floors. The small elevator just goes until the 4th floor. No wifi in the 21st century? Then the hotel is not worth his 3 stars! 4) The breakfast was only 1 croissant (filled with sweet cream) and 1 hard white bread with nutella or jam - so onyl sweet things. That's it. Yet they charged so much for it! 5) Hair dryer was not working. TV was really small, and one of our beds was really bad (almost broken) 6) The bathroom was not clean, we even had ants there. The room was also shaby, the curtains and the interior was dusty and old, the walls were moldy. This room needs some fresh air!! The aircon spews moldy air in your face. Pooh! 7) Non-existant soundproofing, we could hear our neighbours bathroom noises. It once woke me up at 2 am, I thought it's a typhoon or something, but our neighbour was just using his hair dryer, which was somehow connected to the pipes in the wall - incredibly loud and noisy!! Like a vacuum cleaner next to my head, in the middle of the night! 8) The hotel does not look the same as on the photoshop HD pictures, they are lying and pretending to be a 3 stars hotel.

10 minutes walk to Termini station You can find better hotels for this price though

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Vou enumerar para facilitar o entendimento. 1_ localização: mais ou menos a. Mil ou mil e quinhentos metros da estação Termini. Suja, mijo pra todo lado, vagabundagem grande em torno e muita policia que circula com o fuzil na sua cara. As ruas a noite são desertas e da medo doa vagabundo (muito imigrante) nos becos. 2_ comodidades_ quarto minúsculo, mal conseguia me mexer, não limpavam, foram quatro dias sem troca de toalhas, nem lençol e nem lixo. 3 _ wi fi não tem em todos os quartos assim como o anunciado. Somente no bar no térreo e fraca, quase a manivela. 4 _ equipe: pessoas grosseiras, sem educação e sem respeito. Um dos recepcionistas chamado Davids me assediou, disse que eu não precisava ter PAURA DELE PORQUE ELE NÃO IA ME MAJARE. fui pesquisar e ele quis dizer pra eu não ter medo que ele não ia me comer...pra vc perceber o nível do hotel. Outro muito grosseiro sempre debochava de alguma coisa...se recusava receber moedas, e quando paguei com dinheiro inteiro não gostou e me deu VINTE EUROS EM MOEDAS. TAMBÉM QUEREM SEGURAR SEU PASSAPORTE E COMO EU ME RECUSEI ME RESPONDERAM COM GROSSEIRIAS. Marquei uma excursão para o Vaticano e fiquei esperando o grupo por quase duas horas, depois vim saber que a dona do hotel disse que não tinha ninguém com meu nome lá porque a guia citou que estaria num grupo de cinco pessoas liderado pelo meu cunhado que tinha feito a reserva. Mas ela sabia que era eu e que eu eatava esparando a excursão na porta. Depois disse que o melhor a fazer era encontrar com a excursão na parte da tarde pra eu não perder tudo...como se não existisse justiça e policia neste país. ..eles fazem o que querem. Quando fui pagar me cobraram 24 por cento de imposto municipal alem do Iva, e não queriam colocar na fatura, o que demonstra SONEGAÇÃO DE IMPOSTOS. Tambem desligava o wi fi do bar na hora do café para as pessoas não demorarem nas mesas...mas era o único lugar que tínhamos para nos comunicarmos com o grupo.

Nada

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Almost everything, the staff is really busy with their own things, one receptionist (with a ring) was really rude and you could read that he hates all customers around! Poor breakfast and all the time the same. Super uncomfortable beds and PILLOWS! Dirty and ants in the bathroom. Shower didn't work properly and when you splash the toilet the sound like the airplane is taking off by your side. Wifi doesn't work at all in the rooms, only at stairs but even there very-very bad! If you want to pay with a credit card be ready that the terminal not working all the time. Noisy.

Not bad location, supermarket in front where you compensate poor breakfast

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Hello i am very happy to stay here a very nice location low cost easy to reach nice and clean and s very 1st class b/fast i give him full marks . I recomend this hotel for every one thanks hotel tre stelle.....

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

More clean room. But at all there were clean enough

I have read a lot of bad thoughts about this hotel. But my own - this hotel is very well. In the room was everything we need - normal bathroom, hairdryer, towels changed next day after we stay there. Delicious croisans on breakfest. I had a nice time there) People were too nice

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Understand this hotel is a cheapest option. I booked this hotel for one whole day, but just wanted to freshen up and check out in 2 hours. Firstly the receptionist was really rude. He wanted our passports to note the address but he wasn't planning to return the passport until we checkout. Actually, he was lazy enough to write the address from my passport to the booking sheet. He also tried to cheat us by asking for more money than what I booked online. Room is not secure- windows had no glasses (Complete big open windows). I request for complete refund for ill treating.

Honestly zero

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

At breakfast room instead,.... the staff, very tired, very sad, seem angry with clients who make breakfast, it would be better if they SMILE instead of sounding angry. Better to go to the bar and pay for breakfast. I do not like starting the day with angry people :) Council to change behavior in the breakfast room.

Staff at reception very nice and welcoming. Room nice to sleep, hotel near Man Station...

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

I would not recommend it if you are looking for a hotel to stay over a long time.

Very close to Termini station. The price was great and since we weren't looking for anything but a place to sleep after a long flight, it served its proposse perfectly fine.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

I didn't really like the state of the room. I know it is a cheap room but the tiled floors didn't look like they had been washed in a while. The amenities in the room were old (fan and TV).

The man at the front desk when I arrived was friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was better than I expected after having seen the rooms. Decent coffee, nice croissant, and bread and jam.

• Double or Twin Room

It was filty...they have to clean clean clean

the shower in the room

breakfast

• Double or Twin Room

No hot water in a room and zero concerns about it from hotels staff. The room overall rundown, fairly clean.

The price was changed

Location was great

The staff especially lycha

• Double or Twin Room

No wifi, breakfast sucks, dont eat even if its free, the employees are careless.

Nothing. Only convenient that it is in center and easily accessible.

The room was very clean

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is poor and thus time the room was not clean

It was not my first time in the hotel. The rooms are large and comfortable

Improper Cleanliness

My room

• Double or Twin Room

Very clean room and bathroom. Staff very nice.

Service in reseption..

Basic

good

So cold..

Good breakfast. Cheap

The best value for money on perfect logistic location!

There was no internet inside of the room. Also elavator was broken during my stay and i really bothered because my room was in 5th floor

• Double or Twin Room

There is no WiFi working in room. Broken door of shower. Dirty blanket and bad smell in room

No it's extremely bad