Reviews of Ulisse Deluxe Hostel

Via Del Mare, 22, 80067 Sorrento, Italy

#34 of 77 hotels in Sorrento

• Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The room and inner bathroom are extremely nice. Really felt like staying in a deluxe hotel but in a shared bedroom, a very nice experience. Staff was very helpful.

• Double or Twin Room

Lovely place, great location - close to downtown and close to the beach. I enjoyed trips to Capri, Amalfi and Positano by boat, unforgetable days and emotions. Very helpful staff.

• Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

More like a 4 ⭐️ hotel, nothing like a hostel. Staff were helpful & friendly & conveniently situated. 15-20 min walk to station. I stayed in the 6 bed female dorm (aged 60)

• Double or Twin Room

The staff is extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. Location is perfect. 10 minutes walk to a very nice beach is a great plus. Plenty of good food around.

• Bed in 6-Bed Male Dormitory Room

It is very difficult to write a review for the room that I booked since the bunk beds in the 2 beds common room are horrible. Even with the window closed there are HUGE airco units that are on 24/7 that quite literally make the room and window shake with their humming. Not what you call 'deluxe'. After complaining they immediately moved me to a way better room which was fantastic (I didn't need to stand my ground), I truly appreciate that. Only the last picture shows the bunk beds whereas all the others depict the more luxurious rooms.

Excellent service! The initial room they placed me is was horrible and after complaining they immediately offered me a better double room. This is true deluxe service! This room with its bathroom was great and I slept like a baby.

• Quadruple Room

Every aspect of our stay at your establishment was outstanding. We greatly enjoyed the location and your staff's personal care of us was excellent!

The overarching facility, and our room, was immaculately maintained. The hotel's location, in relation to the main shopping and dining district, is incredibly convenient / close!

• Double or Twin Room

This hostel/hotel is great value for money in Sorrento. Really helpful and friendly staff. Fab location for the town and Marina Grande. You won't get a view with you room or a balcony - but when looked at other properties in the area and that will cost you another €100+ a night

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was good, but the eggs were lacking most of the time. Lack of vegetables. There were only fresh tomatoes. Same average salami all the time. Pineapple was rarely and it was replaced with pears.

The front desk personal was very friendly and useful. The room was clean and quite. It smelled good.

• Bed in 6-Bed Male Dormitory Room

Bathroom looked like it needed some cleaning, a panel separating a bath tub from the rest of the bathroom is small and flimsy and causes water to splash over everything in the bathroom, my bed in the middle of the room was missing power outlet.

Free breakfast with tremendous choices, quite close to the city center, helpful and accommodating staff.

• Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

I was in a 6 girl dorm. Two single beds were right next to each other so it was as if I was sharing a bed with the girl next to me. A space between the beds would be nice. The bathroom was not cleaned on a daily basis so had dirty towels and hair all over the floor.

It was a good location and one of the cheapest options for Sorrento.

• Double or Twin Room

Not much we didn't like. The breakfast in the morning was not to our liking but if you like pastries and sweet breakfast options it's great. We prefer cooked breakfasts and the scrambled eggs were always overcooked. Not a deal breaker though

We have stayed here twice and we would go back again. The hotel is very very clean. The staff are always so helpful. The location is terrific, close to start of the main street. It also has a Spa right beside it that guests can use (extra charge). We didn't have time to use it but it's good to have the option. The price is so reasonable for what you get and we would come back here again and again. It's a great base for travelling around the Amalfi Coast or just to enjoy the lovely area of Sorrento.

• Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

My stay at Ulisse Hostel was amazing. The staff were great and extremely helpful, i arranged all of the trips through them as soon as i arrived as i had a short stay of 3 nights. The female dorm i stayed in was very comfortable, spacious and clean! I didn't try the breakfast as my trip was so short but i heard from others it was great and worth the money. I couldn't fault the location, it was 2 minutes through the cobbled streets to the main square. You should stay at this hostel!

• Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Sharing a room haha if only I could have afforded a private!

I stayed in the dorm room, however the entire place is a fancy hotel! Very impressed and absolutely loved the help of the staff. Great location too.

• Double or Twin Room

Room was by elevator. Very loud at night and morning can hear every walk. Bring earplugs. Must pay to use gym & pool? Why? Big room but tiny littke tv set on opposite side of wall not facing bed so you cant see it.

Location good to entrance of old town but completely opposite to beaches and port entry. Long walk or 20 euro taxi. Staff was nice. Breakfast was good. Espresso awesome ordered and brought back to room.

• Double or Twin Room

Room size were smaller than expected. No drinking water were provided in the room.

Very good location, just a 10mins walk to Marina Grande. 15mins walk to the main train station. 10mins walk to Tasso Square.

• Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The wifi was awful also the size of the room was really small we couldn’t move at the same time. I was in the hostel rooms.

The staff were amazing... so helpful.. kara (if I’m spelling her name correctly) helped me a lot and saved my day because I missed one of my tours and she guided me how to go to another awesome place by myself

• Double or Twin Room

We were willing to pay 10€ per person for the breakfast buffet, which we understood meant we could eat and drink as much as we wanted for that price. That is what we understood because that had invariably been our experience at other hotels and because we had not been informed of any variation at the Ulisse. But when we went to settle our account before leaving the Ulisse we found that they were charging us for a second cup of coffee each morning.

The location was good and the place was clean.

• Double or Twin Room

Expensive parking (Euro 20 per night). Loud guests (larger groups).

For a Hostel it had many facilities. Clean room. Excellent location, at the border of the city center.

• Double or Twin Room

They saying in the website there is a shuttle but it is not . You have to pay apart but they don’t make it clear on the website, Plus they try to rip you off with anything

• Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Bof, room was hoot -.- beds hard and made sounds all the time, is a shared hotel room not really a hostel so no kitchen or facilities outside your room, I think ia overpriced and mediocre.

For sorrento is cheap I guess, in a nice area

• Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

No common areas or kitchen

Comfortable beds Very nice hostel - basically a hotel that sleep multiple people in one room Very nice bathroom Excellent wifi

• Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Great hotel. They might call it a hostel but it's not. None of us in the dorm noticed we had a minifridge and air condition until our last days(there was even a noisy fan there??). Good breakfast but a bit pricy at 7€.

• Double or Twin Room

The room wasn't very clean the hotel isn't kept in good shape. We found a fleece on our first night in. The view from the room was to a crowded, noisy and dirty street. We expected at least some view of the beautiful Sorrento, instead we stared into the windows of old smoking ladies. The bath tub had missing pieces and was grazed with dirt (not bad cleaning, just bad condition of the hotel. The wifi was very weak, especially in the evening. The parking is expensive. There are sewer smells near the hotel entrance, we had to take a breath before passing the entrance every time. Overall bad value for money.

Rooms are big, with fridge and a large safe. Parking is vey close and there is a connecting elevator.

The staff were friendly and helpful and the location was perfect.

It was expensive for what it was. No facility for making hot drinks. We chose it because there was access to pool. It wasn’t clear it was in another building and cost 10 euros each for a quick dip. The room was very noisy and filled with fumes from the air con.

• Bed in 6-Bed Male Dormitory Room

Shared hostel style accommodation is in a windowless basement of a hotel, without any of the facilities or buzz of a normal hostel. No common room, no coffee zone, no socializing, none of the things that make hostel travel such fun. It was just a relatively cheap (ish) place to sleep, shared with noisy, inconsiderate travelers! Would not repeat the experience.

Well located close to the center, station and port.

• Bed in 6-Bed Male Dormitory Room

Bathroom overflowed because of a poorly fitted shower curtain and room was like a sauna as Aircon didn't work (staff said this was because it was winter... It was 18c). Window opens out onto hotels main Aircon units, so can't cool down with out being deafened. A fan was provided but the cable didn't reach anywhere useful. Only one plug in room, but extension cable available (again, very poor reach)

Excellent location and value for money can't be argued. It's an interesting hostel which has been upgraded into a hotel, leaving a couple of hostel esque rooms for vagabond travellers. 3 of the staff I talked too were super nice and helpful, however one of the female morning receptionists was superficial and rude.

• Quadruple Room

The buffet breakfast was rather limited and got repetitive after 4 days. Rubbery scrambled eggs and not much in the way of fresh fruit. Hot water was only ever warm, not really hot and our air conditioning didn’t work but to be fair we didn’t really need it

Brilliant location right in the heart of the city. Good family room with separate area with twin beds for the teenagers. Comfortable beds, good size room and helpful, friendly staff.

• Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

There were 6 beds in the room, 2 duplex and 2 one level beds, and the last ones are located with no space to each other, so you basically sleep face to face with unknown person if you got that bed as I did :)

The hostel looks very fancy and as lot of other people have told before, there is hotel rather than hostel atmosphere inside. It's just a few minutes from the center. Perfect for those who prefer stay in the quite area but close to everything.

• Double or Twin Room

Great location and nothing like a hostel at all.The bedroom and bathroom were very spacious,clean,comfortable,just fantastic!The staff were absolutely fabulous, very helpful indeed,nothing was too much trouble.Especially loved being a short walk away from the Marina Grande!Thank you Ulisse for a superb holiday!

• Double or Twin Room with Spa Package

I didn’t get the young lady’s name but she was very friendly and extremely helpful with any questions. I wish I could take her home with me. A great place to stay, would definitely recommend it and would stay there again. Thanks for all ur help.

• Double or Twin Room

The only improvement would be a kettle and tea and coffee making facilities in the room . Although staff were always available for hot water .

The staff were so friendly . Breakfast was excellent

• Double or Twin Room

We were expecting a basic hostel but were left with the impression is was more like a 4* Hotel. Room was large, bed comfortable, and the black out electric shutters ensured a decent lie in each day! The facility of coffee and croissant at the bar for 2 euros each morning was good. Hostel located in good area to explroe the main town too.

• Double or Twin Room

Both mornings we were told we did not have breakfast included. Both mornings, it had to be confirmed with the front desk that we did, in fact, have breakfast included. Breakfast staff should double check with front desk before telling guests their breakfast is not included.

Most of the staff was very friendly.

• Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

There was not much natural light. The room I stayed in had no outside facing windows, which made it very dark all day.

It was very clean and the overall feel was very upmarket for a hostel. There was plenty of seating In the lobby and hallways instead of a common room, which worked well.

• Double or Twin Room

Water for shower could have been a little hotter.

Great location, good value for money, more like a hotel than a hostel. Amazing. Staff very helpful, good English.

• Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Dormitory rooms have no window!!! It is mentioned on the website but I didn't see it while booking, just be aware.

Staff was great, they helped me find a different room when I realized the dormitory room had no window; I appreciated that very much. Good location, just a short walk away from Sorrento's old town, shops and restaurants.

• Bed in 6-Bed Male Dormitory Room

Breakfast (buffet) for 10euro is completely worthless (well, unless you are a fan of some fad cookie diet): the only "real" food there were some ham, some cheese and milk - the rest were cookies/sweet stuff. Don't expect scrambled eggs or porridge there..

Price is ok.

• Double or Twin Room

The was not great from our window but was no issue to us as was just a place to lay our head so would definitely book or recommend this place to anyone going to sorrento

Great stay, staff very helpful and friendly. Walking distance to the heart of sorrento

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was not very good, poor quality, stale items and old fruit. Rooms were sometimes noisy due to people passing and moving in the room upstairs.

Room was large and staff very helpful and friendly. Large comfy sitting area. Close to Sorrento centre.

• Double or Twin Room

Staffmember was friendly, but pushed excursions instead of more useful information about the town upon arrival. Location was ok.

Spacious room & bathroom, nice amenities

• Double or Twin Room

My room was a bit noisy, it was just in front of a staircase to the common area and reception. Breakfast, as it's paid, could've been better and offer more options.

Good location, a little walk from the train station but in a quiet street and easy to find. Staff at the reception was amazing, always very friendly, helpful and happy to assist in whatever you need.

• Double or Twin Room

Bad wifii. 25 mins walk from the train station.

This is good value for money to stay in sorrento. I've stayed here twice once in a dorm & once in a private bedroom. Dorm is uncomfortable, bed isnt good & has no airconditioning or windows. The private bedroom is good, clean, spacious & comfortable. The wifii is bad throughout the hotel & u will barely get signals. It is a 20-25 minute walk from the train station, but close to restaurants and the main street. Breakast is not bad, they serve breads, multiple pastries, fruits, cereal & milk, eggs and coffee. The staff will always recommend a private transfer car service - which is expensive, so you can ignore that. Overall - for the money you pay, i think its a decent place. Just dont stay in the dorms.

• Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

I can't name one thing I loved my stay here!

It was in the city so very close but also very safe! It was one of the best hostels I've stayed at! The staff were very helpful and nice! I wished I stayed a little longer ! It's very fancy more of a hotel than hostel but so beautiful.

• Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

No cooking /food preparation/eating for hostel customers. No window in Dorm. 2 beds free when I checked in but one not changed. Another guest changed bed herself.

Good value for solo travel in Sorrento. Nice to have all female room. Bathroom is of hotel standard as it is hotel room with 2 sets of bunks.

• Double or Twin Room

everything was perfect at this place, except the price of the parking at the place-20 € per day.

the staff are very nice and helpful for everything we needed at the place. great location near the main street. 20 by walk to the train station, 15 min to the marine. breakfast is very good!!

• Double or Twin Room

Pretty noisy through the window especially on Thursday morning between 6-8am for some reason. May just have been our window that wasn’t soundproof.

Very spacious- almost palatial! Big bed. Shower with disco lights!!

• Bed in 6-Bed Male Dormitory Room

The room was like a prison cell with no window to outside.

The room is in the basement with NO window to outside, only a tiny one to a corridor that needs to be covered all the time to block the lamps. I don't even know if it's legal to put 6 people in such room and condition with such high price.

The hostel room was a bit small to accommodate 6 beds

Staffs at reception very friendly and helpful in arranging tours for Amalfi & Capri. Pick-up for all tours were done directly from the hostel reception area. Main areas of Sorrento were at walking distance from this hostel.

• Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The wifi didn't work in my room. The decoration style it's kind of weird, but all in all is a very good place to stay in Sorrento.

Conveniently located, a few blocks from downtown sorrento and the ferry departure point. Very nice and helpful staff working at the hostel gave me very good recommendations of places to visit, eat, drink etc in Sorrento. The hostel is well maintained and the rooms and bathrooms very cleaned. Very good price/quality ratio.

• Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

I had to cram my body between the wardrobe just to climb up the ladder on the bed. Perhaps the layout could be changed to avoid this or the ladder should be on the other open end.

The location was ideal! Close to the Main Street and not too far a walk from the train station!

• Double or Twin Room

Had to pay extra to use pool and gym and breakfast not included . Very big open foyer and spaces that felt a little sterile.

Good location close to old town and walk to marina grande and great to have own parking too

• Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

A bit noisy (probably because of some pool motor) and no air con - however, there are much more PROS that it didn't bother me.

I booked a 6-bed female dorm and ended up staying by myself in the 2-bed room (bunk bed) which was great. Room was small and have its own toilet, it was very clean and great internet. After check out, I was able to leave my luggage and the reception lady was very kind on printing my boarding pass, which was a plus. I didn't have time to explore the hotel/spa facilities - but I walk through out it and it looks good. Location is a MASTER! 5 minutes walk from the center and beach.

• Double or Twin Room

The room is extremely dark, faces a wall. 20 euros pero day for the car park is an absurd price. the hotel is at least 10 minute walk to the city centre.

The beds were uncomfortable. Everything seemed a bit dirty. The drain coverings were all just sitting in the sink upon arrival. We borrowed the key to the iron room and reception sent the other guest looking for it to our room, which seemed inappropriate. Location was close to town, but would recommend spending a little more if you have the ability to to stay somewhere better.

Location was close to town.

• Bed in 6-Bed Male Dormitory Room

The room was advertised as 5 bed mixed dorm but turned out to be only 2 bed room which was good for some extra privacy/space. Place was fairly comfortable for the price and staff were friendly and helpful with organising activities and things to do.

• Quadruple Room

I would have liked more UK television channels. The artificial flower display in our room was past it's best I would suggest getting rid of it. If the hostel had been able to give us free access to the pool that would have been a nice extra.

The place was very clean and all staff friendly and helpful. The beds were comfortable and the family room size was large. The location great for walking around Sorrento. The breakfast staff were welcoming and the buffet well maintained and tasty.

• Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

There aren't individual lights in the dorm room - but this was fine. Also not every bed had a plug socket next to the bed.

This place is much more hotel than a hostel. It is a hotel that has a few dorm rooms. Lovely place and great location. The reception staff are super helpful. They also booked my trips for me and helped me find some other beaches to visit. I did ask them a lot of questions and they were always very lovely and patient (and I asked a lot of questions). If you can get a deal with breakfast take it. I did pay for breakfast on a couple of the mornings at the hotel on the days I had trips. Would stay here agian

• Double or Twin Room

The wifi situation was complicated, and although the staff were great at helping me find a solution, I found this a bit annoying. Finding the hostel initially was difficult, and I ended up walking as the taxi bus said they couldn't get there. Take the smaller car taxis as they had no problem but it is expensive - worth it though to not have to climb "the stairs". Unknown to me at the time, there is an elevator lift in town for 1 euro open during certain times.

The staff were excellent and arranged a taxi to pick me up early in the morning. The breakfast room was very cheery with a selection of food choices. My room was quiet, clean and had a bathtub which seems difficult to find in Italy.

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel was dated and definitely way too expensive value for money wise!

The staff were extremely attentive and helpful. The room was a decent size Location perfect!

• Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

It's a hotel with a few dorms, so you can expect hotel-like service. The facilities are in great shape and the staff are really nice and helpful. Also, it is located in a quiet area but since Sorrento is really small, you can walk everywhere within 5-10 min. They serve a good breakfast. Would definitely come back.

• Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Breakfast was quite expensive (10€ each)

Really close to main shopping street, and a quick walk to the main square. Also short walk to the beach. Everything was very clean and almost like a hotel.

• Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Breakfast available 10 euro a bit expensive for hostle prices.

Lovely facility friendly staff. Comfortable bed nice bathroom with bath and shower.Lockers in the room good size.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The wifi signal wasn't amazing, but it did the job.

The staff were extremely friendly and went out of their way to help when looking at tourist attractions etc.

• Double or Twin Room

You do feel the lack of pool facilities - only a separate indoor one that costs extra. I think if they don't have an outdoor pool they shouldn't be charging for an indoor one.

Staff were friendly and helpful and it's very clean. The room we got was spacious and comfortable.

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast should have been included. Nowhere to sit outside. No kettle, tea making facilities in room. Would also go air B and B now every holiday.

air con and fridge.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Bed in 6-Bed Male Dormitory Room

It's quite a walk from the train station. But i say its worth it. Also morning staff and evening staff should work the same and give you a welcome

The afternoon/evening staff was WAY NICER than the morning staff. The morning ladies were all business, the guys in the evening were extremely friendly and really cared for all guests not just me, they were friendly to everyone. I also liked that its quite close to the SITA bus stop, which is nice if you want to go to Positano/Amalfi

• Double or Twin Room

I would have liked it better if there was a kettle in the room to make coffee or tea.

The people at the front desk were so helpful with any questions I had. I was appreciative that they were able to get me a shuttle to the airport. It cost 35€ but I didn't have to fight with my luggage or try to figure out where I was on the train.

• Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The room was so hot and stuffy, despite being informed there were no windows, I expected there to be an air conditioner. It really shouldn't be used for 6 people as ventilation is poor. Many had a cold/flu and it spread quickly, unfortunately.

Location was good. Staff were efficient. Ambience was good.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Nothing. If you read up on all the reviews as I did then everything is as expected. If you're looking for an outside pool and terrace then you need to stay elsewhere. It is also 10 mins walk from the main square and this makes it quieter.

The hostel is really a spa hotel. When you enter there is a peaceful atmosphere, spacious luxurious lounge area and lovely corridors with seating. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful. I shared a dorm room as I was alone which was excellent. Don't be put off by no outside window. There's a small one facing corridor. This was no problem if you're just needing a bed it is very cosy and comfortable and a great price for lone travellers. There's several safe/lockers and hairdryer/shower gel included etc. I would definitely like to return here again to use the spa facilities.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

When we went for breakfast the cups for tea are really coffee cup's so you use 1 Teabag per small cup and as the water is not really boiling it does not make a good cup of tea so perhaps you could put teapots out and hence I Imagine you would save a lot of teabag's,Just as coffee drinkers like a good coffee tea drinkers like a good cup of tea in the mornings to wake them up>It is really just a small thing I know.

As it is called a Hostel I would have liked a a kettle to make a cup of tea or coffee if you did not want to take breakfast otherwise no problems.It really is more like a hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Whilst the location of the hotel was excellent for walking into the town centre, we had a room that looked into an internal courtyard. Not a major problem as we were out and about most of the time.

Comfortable and clean but fairly basic room. Breakfast was excellent with a really good range of options. The staff were absolutely fantastic and gave us some really brilliant restaurant options. They made the booking for us and we had one of the best seafood meals ever on their recommendation. Parking was easy.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Bed in 6-Bed Male Dormitory Room

It's not a hostel, is a hotel with shared rooms, so no kitchen, no common area, the rooms have electricity only if you let your keycard in, the reception staff, while helpful, will recommend the most expensive restaurants, etc. Also, the room only had a little skylight to a corridor, so it was dark and hot.

Hotel level facilities: bathroom, cleaning, bar, etc.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

I had nothing to dislike about this property

The staff were fantastic, room was spacious and clean, breakfasts were excellent. The Ulisse is close to Marina Grande and the waterfront restaurants are also excellent.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

I stayed at the hostel for one night and we got a terrible dorm room - we were six persons but there was no window and the room was really hot, so the fan had to be swichted on all the night (which was noisy and dry air). And even if they call it hostel there is no kitchen, no lookers for you backpack in the room - it is a luxury hotel which seems to rend some of their lower standard hotel rooms to individual backpackers (so you get great beds, a modern bathroom with bathtube, towels etc.) Still, the staff was friedly and the location is fine - and there seems to be not much alternative in Sorrento as a solo traveller.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Room too small for 3. Cheap paint on walls, with marks from extensive use. I had to ask for almost everything that is otherwise normal: a second round of cleaning (first night), to turn on heating (8C by night), slippers and even toilette paper (last night). Staff did their best, but they need basic training.

Location is a good compromise between Marina Grande and down town. Possible option for very short stay.