Reviews of Hotel Valle 3 stars

Via Cavour 134, Rione Monti, 00184 Rome, Italy

#872 of 921 hotels in Rome

5.6

6.2

- breakfast different in reality (could be better). - the first day it was not exactly my definition of cleanliness

- Good location (in city center and next to metro Cavour) - Good bed. - Upgrade further to a problem

Lift was only access to upper floors.

Great position for places of interest. 10 minutes from Colosseum, 10 minutes from main bus, tram and train station

• Double Room (1 Adult)

Rooms, facilities and breakfast.

The rating and facilities in this hotel are misleading. Woke up to find no power and reception had to switch it back, Bathroom is miserable, TV did not work, breakfast area so congested...etc, etc. Not a good value for money in my opinion! Booking.com, please refund a portion!

Staff not very helpful, poor level of English, poor breakfast, shower not working when we arrived and no hot water - at front desk instead of changing us to another room they told us they couldn't do anything for us and that we would have to wait until next day. On check out charged wrong card number, when I called to try and understand situation weren't helpful at all, said they couldn't understand me and ended the call. Not nice at all.

• Double Room (1 Adult)

The Hotel was very close to all the sites I wanted to visit. it was very convenient. staff understood and also spoke English, they were so helpful is all my requests.

To all those families that would like to stay at Hotel Valle this would be the best way to explain our experience as a family of 8 one of which is a 1 yr old baby staying at this hotel for 4 days. The holiday started by being welcomed in one if the narrowest hotel reception/lounge/ breakfast area. Then having to wait in line to get to our room since the hotel only has 1 lift which fits 3 people. Stairs were off limits and had alarms so they could not be used. Entering the rooms we were welcome by a really bad smell of sewage, old outdated bedrooms of which were suppose to be recently refurbished as stated on the review on booking.com. This was not all. The bathrooms were so tiny that in order to have a shower or have a toilet the door had to be left open so all the other people in the room had to go outside. For this reason it was next to impossible to wash our baby. We would also like to add that all the furniture was all damaged including the toilet seat. Unfortunately this was only the beginning. We went to rome in April and being lucky enough we have wonderful sunny days, the only problem was that even though stated on the review that the hotel was fully air conditioned we were sadly welcomed by an air condition which only heated the room. After complaining to the reception we were told that the air/heat system works automatically and air-condition could only be turned on in a couple of months (closer to summer). We were not the only ones complaining. Every time we went down there were always different people having different complaints. And even though the staff there were nice they would not help or answer any of the complaints made. They would just reply with the words ”you can cancel but no money back”. As soon as we complaint we received a message from the bank saying that the money has been taken out for the hotel without any notice. One thing which was not bad were the croissants for the morning breakfast.

The breakfast was very basic so not much choice. We ended up having to buy other stuff as we were still hungry.

Staff were friendly and location was great.

Could do better cleaning and better breakfast. Cleaning does not mean you vacuum clean and wipe of the dust but also to wash bed covers and curtains.. Could not get rid of the smell of smoked through curtains for a week..

Location, helpful and friendly stuff

I never usually leave reviews but feel like it is necessary here. This hotel is incredibly overpriced for the state that the building is in. Poor service at the front desk. Our keycard wouldn't work and I had to go down to reception three times for the unfriendly man on the desk to reset it. We were initially given a room which smelt and looked as though somebody had died in it. Our eventual room had a boiler on the balcony and a water pipe running through an open grill in the ceiling which loudly ran 24/7. Breakfast was inedible - the eggs were green and the coffee was cold. I would strongly advise you not to stay here. Not the way I imagined my weekend in Rome!

• Quadruple Room

Maybe we were in an older room but our room did not look like the ones in the picture. Bathroom was tiny. My husband and son could hardly fit in the shower stall. We considered changing hotels for our second night but decided to tough it out.

Staff was helpful and friendly.

Very slow and old fashioned elevator, the water pressure is bery low, poor lighinhs lamps, copious bur unhealthy breakfast

Very good location, friendly and helpful staff

The 3 days we honeymooned there, it was hot! The Air Conditioning was not reliable. It would turn off at random times, and would not start working again. We asked if they could fix it, and it was never taken care of - no follow through.

Great location!

The rooms are not even close like in the pictures. They are way too small and very very smelly, including the bathroom. The walls in the room are very dirty, the receptionist was very mean and arrogant even though i specifically told them that i want a room at the last floor and with street view. When i showed him the pictures from the booking site he told me that they didn't have those kind of rooms and he cannot do anything about it. The room that he gave us was with a dirty wood floor, not with carpet as shown in the pictures. When i told him that i want to call at the website and that i want my money back he yelled at us and said not to do that because he will give us another room in a 4 star hotel. That hotel was not that good either, but more clean than the first one and actually we were forced to stay there because they told us that they will transfer back our money in 5 days. I use booking.com since 2008, a few times per year, and this was the worst booking ever.

Only the location!

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

- lift seemed to be a bottle neck - could take only 3 persons at a time

+ you cannot imagine a better location in Rome - 7 min walk to Colosseum and 3 min walk to a metro station + very nice staff + breakfast was better than in other Italian hotels I stayed

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Air conditioning went off about midnight and came back on about six, which meant for an uncomfortable night. Small and slow lift which can only take three people. Poor breakfast with cold tea and coffee. Oh and the bathroom smells.Boo

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

The rooms are not as shown in the pictures , they are quite small and you could rarely move.

The best part about the hotel is the location.... the ease of getting to various sites makes it special. It was clean and tidy at all times.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

The toilet flush kept running because of a faulty valve. The staff readily sent help in the evening to fix it. But, in the night it started all over again. I had a quick fix in mind. My makeshift fix lasted longer than theirs. I didn't like the experience of having to do so when in a well established hotel. To be fair, I could have called up the staff again, but didn't want to get repair work started in the room at the middle of the night.

Overall, nice! I had an early morning flight so, a mini breakfast was arranged for me before the normal breakfast timings. Staff was helpful but sometimes I had to ask for information like breakfast timings, wifi, etc. on my own. I expect these to be provided right away during check in, at least when the reception desk is not over-crowded.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Stinking smell in bathroom and damaged commode. It needs to be improved.

Staff is really good and co-operative. breakfast is good very close to Termini and sight attractions.

the personal doesnt speak english, the breakfast was in the hall way at a round little tables for 2 persons, really unconfortable to sit at also there is not really much to choose from, no veggies and no fruits. Also there are no stairs just an elevator suitable for 3 persons. On the second day of our stay there were no light for 30 min.

This hotel is very well located, its aproximitley 10 min to walk to the termini station and 10 minutes to the colloseum. the room was cleand every day with towel change.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Breakfast area is very small. Breakfast isn't great anyway. Go to a small cafe somewhere instead.

Hotel isn't anything special but absolutely nothing to complain about. Pay no attention to the bad reviews, just people being picky. Yes the elevator is small but it works fine. Yes the hotel is small but it's more than comfortable. Yes the wifi signal isn't great but we could connect 99.9% of the time from the top floor. Location is absolutely perfect. Less than 10min walk to the colloseum and just over 10mins to the Trevi fountain, about 20 to the Spanish steps. Termini station at the top of the road and you're a short train journey to the Vatican. For a cheap getaway this hotel is ideal!

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

• Double Room (1 Adult)

I got just a bottle of water for 3 day with a plastic cup on it, room is look old and look dirty (it not really dirty but it look dirty), there is a hole on the floor underneath the carpet. Moreover, on one evening, the reception lock the front door for more than 10 mins and went away with the reason we don't know so me and 5-6 more guests have to wait under the rain

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

As soon as you walk in the property smells like they have a sewage problem, then the customer service is nothing but terrible and I rate the rudeness 10/10, they tried to over charge me by €40 a loooooooooong story but he was wrong and (i the customer) was right, the toilet in the room is so so noisy as the toilet is constantly dripping water and never even fills or flush's, there air con was on the coldest and we were sweating all night! Overall... 0/10 I don't rate it DO NOT STAY THERE!

It's the worst hotel I have stayed in my life! The only good thing is the location! I rate it -0

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• Quadruple Room

The don't have stairs and one elevator other then that it was a good stay.

The hotel is very close til centrum. The hotel was clean and very comfortable. The personal was helpful and friendly. I would deftly come back.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Double Room (1 Adult)

Air conditioning did not seem to be working in room Very hot and the noise from the street was loud when I had to open my window. I also did not report this to staff.

Receptionist was extremely helpful and cheerful a credit to the hotel, Breakfast good

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

• Double Room (1 Adult)

I couldn't connect to wifi. The solution proposed was go downstairs to get the signal... The wifi is one of the most important things for a tourist, in order to contact their family. I could hear everything what the next rooms guest were saying and doing. The shower didn't have curtain, so all the water went out the bathroom floor.

The place is confortable and clean to pass the night, the attention is good, but no good wifi.

Almost Everything

The staff was nice but the rest was very poor!

• Quadruple Room

Not enough plug sockets in the room and WiFi wasn’t reliable

Connecting rooms so the kids could stay in their own room safely

This hotel is very poor and disappointing

Very bad

Perfect location, good breakfast.Also the chapel on the 3rd floor is a hint of how special the building is.

No ventilation. Too dull atmosphere.

Staff were good

The hotel staff are friendly, polite and happy to help.

Elevator is total sham. No staircase for using. Breakfast is not at all good.

A/C leaked. We had to move room

Location friendly female receptionist

Skank dirty shabby hotel

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Quadruple Room

Older place and the breakfast was very cheap and poor

Location and friendliness of staff

Coffee

The cakes, bisquits and overall breakfast was great

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

shower water not always hot

good breakfast

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

No coffee making facilities in room and breakfast limited

Location and price was good

There was only one power supply in the whole room (situated in the bathroom).

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

The air conditioning didn't work and there wasn't a safe.

The location was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

Absolutely no views through the window, but I suppose that is Rome for you.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Malfuntion Wifi No courtain in bathroom Very old instalations

• Reviewed: 31 March 2016

The room wasn't clean enough: we found a dirty sock under the bed. Furthermore someone substituted my brand new eye pencil with another one, of course of less quality. Finally, some outlets were not working.

Central position, near the metro.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2015

The property is small. Extremely small. Elevator is so shady you would rather take the steps if you would find them. Rooms are dark and small. Air conditioning is not working. Bathrooms are a disaster: in one room we had 5seconds hot water 10 seconds cold, the toilet seat was way to small for the toilet; in the second room the shower cabin was so small that you couldn't turn in it and the shower head was broken and after reporting it they changed it...you would think with a new one...naaaa no way...with an old one, from which the water was barely coming. In both rooms the hair dryer was broken and fixed in a dangerous way...only after 2 days i got a hair dryer. The dining room is so small that you barely have space by the tables. Breakfast is very simple, only a few items. Coffee is bad. The fridge in the room is not working...it has a block of ice to keep it cool. We stayed 3 nights in 2 different rooms, both with issues.

The only good thing is that it is really close to the Colosseum.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2015

Breakfast isn't the best here and there is only 1 lift and no stairs from top floor in hotel so if it's busy can take a while to get down stairs

The location of the hotel is fantastic 5minute walk to the Colosseum and train station also hop on/off tour bus is at top of road!

• Reviewed: 3 March 2015

The room smelt of smoke that we was in as if it was a smoking room. Breakfast wasn't very good - tea and coffee facilities cold if went down at 9.30am(breakfast on till 10am) Hair dryer was broke in the room. No shower curtain. Was bitten to death on all my upper body - in the room - husband found what appeared to fit all the descriptions of a bed bug on the headboard and when killed was bright red blood not the usual bug like colour (probably after a good feed on me). Currently awaiting a refund as overall was not impressed with the cleanliness and room. Really spoiled what was a nice weekend in rome :(

Good location.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2015

The hotel feels a little old.

Nice location for the price. The room is clean. Nice staff. Good value for the price.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2015

Tiny hotel. Poor facilities.

Only location.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2015

Elevator never works Wi-Fi works only on hallways Breakfast is so-so

Location and nearby facilities

• Reviewed: 7 June 2015

There are no comments available for this review

• Reviewed: 3 June 2015

Small friendly hotel, lovely breakfasts, ideal location for sightseeing. Staff very helpful.

• Reviewed: 2 January 2015

-easy to find the hotel, good location -friendly staff

There are also 16 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Valle traveller photo gallery