Reviews of Hotel Venice Resort 4 stars

Via Triestina 153, 30030 Tessera, Italy

#5 of 6 hotels in Tessera

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Restaurant facility was closed the day we stayed. This info was not clear on their website.

Property was clean, comfortable and convenient to the airport for early morning departure. Also had a beautiful pool area.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We were expected to arrive at 9:20pm and were told we wouldn’t make the last shuttle at 9:45pm. We got out of the airport at 9:30pm and tried to call them to get a shuttle but both times there was no answer. We ended up having to take a cab which wasn’t the end of the world but did cost 15 euros. When we arrived the staff member who was working took his sweet time to address us and start the check in process. Beware, the shower was terrible and spilled water everywhere. Overall, if you take advantage of the shuttle, the hotel is a good value if you’re just staying for the night and want easy airport access. If you arrive too late for the shuttle service you might as well stay in your final destination or Mestre as the cab ride will cost about the same.

The hotel is about 1km from Marco-Polo airport and you can reserve a shuttle to and from there although only before 10pm (last shuttle at 9:45pm according to staff). The staff was very responsive to all of our inquiries prior to our arrival which was quite nice. The amenities were average for the price point. While we didn’t have the breakfast, we walked by and it looked pretty good! The bed was surprising comfortable but I may have just been that tired.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Service was poor in the evening and the evening menu was very mediocre, burgers, pizza or pasta.The waitress seemed overwhelmed and stressed.However the restaurant across the road is excellent.

Nice comfortable room and very helpful and friendly desk staff. The breakfast is very good with lot's of choice.Nicely kept grounds with free use of the pool if you wish, great if you have the time.Close to airport with a shuttle service for a small charge.Overall a pleasant stay.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I booked this hotel for my mother-in-law and friend to spend the night before an early flight home to the US. My mother-in-law was very pleased with her stay! She said that the staff were very helpful and friendly, and that the room was very comfortable, with plenty of towels. She appreciated the airport shuttle in the morning and said that the young man who drove her was very kind. I appreciate that the hotel staff were so helpful to her, as she has trouble walking and handling her luggage.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

No elevator (lift) so request a room on the ground floor if you do not want to haul your luggage up the stairs. They have a small restaurant on site but it is very limited. The salad and pizza that we ordered was very good but some other patrons ordered steaks and they were not happy with the results.

One of the managers is an American who was very friendly and helpful. It always helps to have someone that can communicate so well with Americans who do not speak Italian. The breakfast was very good with fresh pastries, juice and coffee. The property was landscaped like you would imagine for a resort. Very close and convenient to the airport.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff were not very friendly on arrival as I’d read in reviews but nice once you are in.

The hotel was clean and breakfast and facilities very good. It was a 10 minute walk to airport though as there is no pavement for 3-4 min walk I wouldn’t recommend with children. Lovely convenient.

A little noisy at night. Could hear the guests from the room next door and the road noise through the night but it didn't stop us from sleeping and easy to look over.

Great space for a family of three and liked the double level living space. Had all the essentials and a very clean bathroom. Pool was great too and the breakfast was stocked well and very delicious. All staff were helpful and friendly. Would definitely recommend!!

Be aware that you will be charged for the airport shuttle. I had a single room. The whole building had a strong perfumed scent. Maybe one of their cleaning products? I opened all the windows to air out the room but it was well impregnated and uncomfortable. The shower wasn't draining properly and it also had a fowl smell. During two weeks in Italy I had encountered very welcoming staff. The gentlemen at this front desk seemed impatient and condescending. They didn't offer to help me up stairs w my suitcase and were confusing and inflexible about the shuttle fee. A charge might be a norm in Italy... but unexpected to me. If you're looking at this hotel for free transportation be aware that there's great public busses that take you to the airport from Venice in 20 min.

It's very close to airport and convenient if you have an early flight. The surrounding garden and pool are great if you have time to enjoy them. The breakfast staff was welcoming.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel was close to the airport, therefore it was constantly too noisy! Overpriced shuttle bus; £15 for 2 people for 4 mins drive! The room was small, not very spacious, and wasn’t clean enough. You could see the dust on the furnitures and mould on the walls and in the bathroom. Understaffed! We had dinner at the restaurant and the same person was the cook and the waitress! We were waiting 20 mins for a carbonara and a pizza margarita as the same person had to serve 12 people! We have booked the room with breakfast included in the price (as there wasn’t another option), however our flight was at 7am whilst the breakfast was served at 7am too. As a result, we were given only a plain croissant and a coffee.. they could be better organized as we had e-mailed them 2 weeks prior to our arrival!

The hotel was located very close to the airport ( approx. 5 mins drive), which was convenient for our early morning flight. The dinner was good.

breakfast

There was no good breakfast, and the woman who was responsible for breakfast was always angry and not very poly .She did not recharge the food .... The information table was week. But the room and the woman who cleans the room was excellent , she made the room very very very clean !!!!!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

This hotel is over priced given how poorly it is maintained. The room was dirty, smelt stale, there was mold in the shower and the towels had hair on them and smelt damp. If it wasn’t midnight when we arrived at this hotel I would have left. Very disappointed! Would not recommend!!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff the day we came was awful to us: our room wasn’t ready yet and I asked for a bottle of water, the guy in the reception (I suppose, the manager) gave me my room key and told me to “go check if it was clean” and that I could get water there, even though he had already sold me a bottle of water before at the reception. I found this very rude, not only because he had sold us water before at the lobby but because se didn’t even make sure if the room was clean before “sending me to check”. The room wasn’t clean so I came back and he didn’t even offer the water. I was there with my 1 year old baby and it was very warm so I really needed the water and he knew it. The restaurant only opens for breakfast and dinner, not lunch. It was supposed to open at 7pm so we got there at 7:30 and halve of the tables were occupied. The manager (a new one) told us to go wait 30 minutes and come back later even though we were guests and had a baby. He didn’t even give us an excuse but didn’t let us in. If you are looking for a good service, I don’t recommend this hotel. Its infrastructure is great, though. The next day we had to leave very early to the airport and the new “manager” in charge was very kind, but the two we met the day before were a dealbreaker for us and led us to write this review.

The location is great, really near the airport but very quiet. Rooms are big, comfortable and beautiful. Breakfast was great, too.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The lighting in the room could have been better and we would have liked to been able to have dinner at the hotel.

The hotel is truly a resort very close to the airport. We stayed there the night before we returned to the US and wished we had allowed more time. We had Aperol Spritzers from the bar and enjoyed sitting on the patio before dinner. There are a couple of restaurants within walking distance. The hotels restaurant was not open for dinner. There are three buildings with rooms very well maintained grounds and a pool if you feel like a dip. We are planning on returning to take a cruise out of Venice since they can take us to the port. The fare to the airport with their shuttle was the same price as a taxi and the service was much nicer. The entire facility was very clean. The breakfast was excellent and provided a great send off for our trip home.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Very worn-out mattress and pillows, very small bathroom, very small guest room, grumpy staff. No elevator for our building (we were one floor up). Lists itself as four stars but definitely not. Lists itself as a resort but not.

Close to Venice Intl Airport, generally looked good, good breakfast, good value especially vs. staying on the islands.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We found breakfast adequate but average. Breakfast coffee was not on tap - had to constantly ask waitress to bring fresh coffee.

We have given a high rating as for what we paid Euro 90 the hotel exceeded our expectations.The location is excellent and suited us - one bus stop away from the airport - 300m from the hotel. Hotel is in rural setting, modern yet very quiet and quaint. Our accommodation was excellent on the ground floor with french doors opening to a patio. Swimming pool with changing booth. Wifi no problem at all. Reception staff all spoke English. Shuttle on hand to airport and Cruise Port for a competitive charge.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

There is no way a room like this is worth 175€ per night. Dark, split level accessed by seemingly unsafe staircase, wasted space in the room, made up with additional sofabed but for just two of us, inadequate coffee making facility, some electric sockets did not work, low grade breakfast.

We met two entirely amenable and helpful staff at this hotel.

Stairs were loose to upstairs. very warm room, lots of bugs and flies if door ya opened. The shower head was broken and tray was very slippery. corridor had an awful odour. Food was not an option whilst there and when we asked to get a coffee during lunchtime we were told to make it in our room as they were too busy.

Room very warm. Horrible smell in the carpeted corridors. Room was clean, but basic. Stairs to upper loft were very loose. Pool nice to have but be careful of dodgy sun beds. nice location for airport. Shuttle is a good feature. Food poor. breakfast was basic with pastries and eggs and cereal. however, when trying to get coffee or drinks by day we were told it was not possible as the clerk was busy. the dinner was not really an option either so we ate out in Da Mario, as recommended. tiny village surrounds the hotel.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is continental with minimal things. There is a bunch of industrial pastries, a cake, some yogurt and some cheese and ham. That's it. The shuttle service is really expensive, considering the bus is 50 mt away from the hotel and it's 10 times cheaper (really, 1.50 € instead of 15).

The hotel is conveniently located nearby the airport, but rooms are soundproofed to ensure silence while sleeping. 24h reception is a useful feature for a place in this category, and the night staff was super friendly and professional.

The rude evening staff- rude, cranky old man at reception and rude unaccommodating cook/restaurant hostess.The man at the check in was extremely rude, would not reserve my next day hotel shuttle (the shuttle driver said to reserve it). There was a restaurant attached to the lobby so I asked if it was too late to order food. He said "go ring the bell on the table!" There were 20 empty tables. I was looking for the bell and he waddled over and dramatically banged on the bell that was actually outside the restaurant on the counter. The cook came out and told me to sit a foot away from a young couple engaged in an obviously private conversation. Mind you, these were the only other customers. I asked to sit one table over but the cook said no! I found this incredibly ridiculous so politely asked again, she gave an adamant "no!" I thanked her and left. Too tired at the end of the day to deal with that.

Conveniently located near the airport.

Shower head was loose and wouldn't stay up.

Great location for Marco Polo Airport. 10 minutes with a taxi. Will definitely be staying here again.Very good breakfast with lots of choice.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The first man we mat when we checked in. He had no personality and gave no good information unless pushed on a question.

The room was Cold - Very nice - The pool was refreshing. The food was GREAT!!! The staff was exceptional except one man up front had no personality and did not explain how the energy saving lighting worked. He was not informative at all. The man that we paid our bill with - EXCEPTIONAL and just a beautiful man!!!!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Upon entering the room we were greeted by the VERY strong smell of some type of cleaner and/or air freshener. I am very sensitive to chemicals and it almost immediately turned my mood sour. The hotel should consider using more allergen-friendly products for those guests who have a sensitivity. Also, the bathroom had a slight moldy smell. We also couldn't get the A/C to work.

The location was great, as we had an early flight and wanted to stay near the airport. The airport shuttle was nice, though it did cost money (€15 I believe). Our room was clean, had good airflow with the windows, and while the bed wasn't the most comfy I'd ever slept on, it was good enough. There were also 2 extra pillows and a safe in the wardrobe, and a tea kettle with tea/coffee and mugs/spoons.

Grumpy receptionist on arrival - the hotel hadn't picked up on an email from me adding one person to the group and instead of apologising and giving a nice welcome anyway, he was bad tempered that he was having to make changes. he didn't smile at any point in a 10-minute check-in. The overnight guy who checked us out was charming however!

Great location for the Airport. Nice large rooms.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The manager did not provide airport transport telling the driver is at home and cannot be provided at that time. The website specifically says, Airport shuttle is available.

Good breakfast.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Hours for breakfast were not listed and no convenient for our travel. We waited at the check-in for 10 minutes before wondering around to find anyone to check us in.

Property and rooms were very beautiful. This would be great hotel to stay at in the summer.

The property has a kitchen so breakfast and dinner is available. The breakfast was typical for these types of Agriculture resorts, plenty of food and well presented and tasty. Don't eat dinner there, the selection is limited and I had just about the worst pizza I ever had in Italy which is sad to say. I have eaten better pizza in the USA! Go out to one of the local places for dinner as I am certain the food will be more authentic.

Location to Marco Polo Airport is perfect, you can literally walk there. Also very close to the bus line, 5 minute walk to take the public bus into Venice for 1.50 Euros one way so pretty inexpensive!

Could have had more to offer for an early breakfast other than a single pastry and coffee.

All was fine for a single night and an early airport departure.

Nothing. All good

Food was amazing for the price. Breakfast was fabarooni. For what we paid, it far exceeded our expectations. Shuttle was great & driver explained where we needed to head to at Departures

It was a bit hot in je rooms and hard to regulate the temperature and it’s a shame that the hotel shuttle only runs until about 21.30 (so we ended up walking from the airport).

The breakfast was very good and the 2-floor family rooms very spacious.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We took a wrong turn in the dark and ended up a mile from the hotel. Our mistake. But when we phoned the desk and asked them to phone and send a taxi for us, we were told that was not possible - despite the explanation that we are 70 and were unable to pull our suitcases another mile down the road. Thankfully, someone took pity on us and drove us back to the right location. Again - no thanks to the hotel. So the accommodations were fine but no help in fixing our mistake. In the morning, the shuttle driver was helpful and cheerful. It's not stated, but he starts at 5:00am and should you wish to go to the airport earlier, the price is higher.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I do not think there is anything I didn't like.

This is our second stay at this hotel. It is very well located near the airport and easy to access by bus. There is a very pleasant restaurant just across the road and travelling to Venice Island by public transport is so easy. The rooms are very comfortable and breakfast there is plenty of choice. I would certainly return to this hotel.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We booked the mini bus from and to the airports twice but it wasn't available. On the third occasion, it was available.

A nice hotel, near the airport and within half an hour from the centre of Venice by bus.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Within walking distance from the airport (great if you just had a 11 hour flight). You are able to take public transportation to Venice for less then $2. The breakfast if wonderful.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Friendly staff, great location as 20 minutes local bus ride from centre of Venice. 5 minutes taxi from airport. Fabulous and varied breakfast. Evening meals offered. Hotel shuttle bus to airport available. Quiet as on outskirts of Venice.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel restaurant and the soundproofing between floors are disastrous.

Location is perfect, only 5 minutes to the airport and 15 to the city center parking., huge hotel parking. Nice restaurant on the other side of the street.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

In-hotel restaurant. I conjure you not to eat in their restaurant, because the cook spoils the food with his cooking manner. Breakfast is ordinary for such type of hotels in Italy, at least, there are hot omlette and bacon. My parents had ants in their bathroom, but trust me, the cook delivered much more inconvenience

Very close location to the airport, but with closed windows you hear no planes, spacious rooms, on the other side of the street there is a very pleasant moldovan restaurant with wide range of delicious food. Marco Polo airport is 5 minutes away by car. City center parking is 10 minutes away by car.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The mini-bus service was erratic. We had booked it on arrival and on the following day to take us to and from the airport. Last minute, it wasn't available for use. This was not a problem, as we then took a taxi which was slightly more expensive (£19). On the third occasion, the minibus was available and provided a very good service.

This is a comfortable hotel with very helpful and pleasant staff. There is a good and varied breakfast on offer. The rooms, although not spacious are well appointed with plenty of hot water and they have a large double bed. There is ample parking space and nice grounds. The hotel is near Marco Polo airport and the centre of Venice can be reached within 20 minutes by a service bus. There are restaurants, a small supermarket and a pharmacy within a few minutes walk. I would recommend the local pizzeria.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The noice from the adjoining rooms was quite loud - the sound proofing is not really that great and you can actually hear the people in the room next door going to the toilet which is not great. The rest is great.

Friendliness and advice of the reception staff.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Close to the airport. Convenient parking. Nice location. Breakfast included (quite a nice choice of food). Restaurant in the hotel and some other in the walking distance. Nice personnel. Offers shuttle bus to the airport as well.

Would prefer duvet rather than blankets on the beds. Only steps to first floor. Airport shuttle expensive for only 3 min drive.

Close to airport. Breakfast was good! Room was clean. Nice shower!

The shower cabin was very small and the sounds and TV's of other rooms heard all the night till morning

Property was clean and good location and distance from airport and staff were nice

Clear lack of power sockets in the room! Impossible to have a shuttle from the airport at 9:30pm.

Possibility to have a short breakfast before the breakfast time (nice cappuccino and cornetto) Very well positionned

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It will be good if the blankets can be replaced and a shower curtain or shower screen can be installed in the shower area. There are also ants infested at the basin area.

The reception staff is friendly, location is very near to airport , room is spaces.

Single rooms really are single bed, not double bed. Residue on room seat. Sockets near bed were difficult to access Cold meats at breakfast didn't seem freshly unpacked

Decent sized bathroom (but at expense of rest of room) Good value Quiet Close to airport

The thin walls - my goodness. Woke up between an Indian family and a Canadian couple and first thought they were all in my bed...

Convenience of being so close to the airport. Spacious room. Very friendly staff, even at 2 am.

The staff at the check in was rather impolite. His collegague was on the other hand great. I was a bit shocked that a 4 star hotel in Italy must not have a elevator...

Location and the the fact that I could extend my check out by 30 min without a problem

The Manager told me that I can't have milk for tea bcoz that's not complimentary and I have to pay for it when I told him I have been to more than 15 countries around the world and every Goddamn hotel provides complementary tea/milk/coffee/sugar... And he said not VENICE .. afterwards he got me some milk telling me thts it's something we don't do .. I'm never going back there

All was great. I simply LOVED this place and the staff!!!

A most wonderful place, very close to the airport (3 mins by cab, 25 mins by foot). Extremely charming, most helpful and friendly staff, wonderful breakfast buffet! Very clean and comfortable rooms (I stayed in two different rooms during my stay in Venice, while arriving and before leaving). Wonderful mattresses, amenities, very clean, all superlatives will fit! Would love to return to this place again next time! Many thanks!!!

A larger desk in the single occupancy room would have allowed to work easier with my laptop.

Great staff, convenient location if you need to fly in/out from Venice (but not that convenient if you wanna visit Venice), very clean, efficient wifi -- very good value for money

Some smile form the guy at the reception could help.

The hotel clean, quite and comfortable. There's a pool that you can use in summer. It is close to the airport and they also have a shuttle but you have to pay for it. I had an early flight and let the hotel at 5.15am and I was given a small breakfast (coffee, croissant and fruit juice). I will surely come again.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I would've liked better instructions on how to get to the property via bus from the airport. Or better yet, have your shuttle available for use on arrival.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing really. Just fyi you will need s taxi from the airport

The staff is friendly and helpful. There is a great restaurant in walking distance from the hotel

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Great location for early flight out of Marco Polo. 5 minute hotel shuttle (15 euro). Can walk or take bus to airport if not in a hurry. Very short walk from vctv bus stop. Only cost 1.5 euro from Venice. Excellent restaurants within walking distance. Room was very nice. Roomy and clean. Was provided juice and danish while waiting for shuttle departure. Excellent value hotel.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I had a very early flight so I wanted a place by the airport. This fit the bill. Very basic room; since I was alone I took the singe but know it is truly tiny. Not enough room on the desk for a laptop. Nice staff; I enjoyed talking to the front desk clerk from Mississippi about what it's like living in Italy. Excellent meal in the tiny restaurant. Very slow service but they got slammed b/c the cruise shop was so late lots of people missed their flights. There is a bus into Venice so this might work for the budget traveler. Great for the airport; there is a shuttle for $10 euros.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The temperature was set for winter weather, and could not be controlled by room. The manager told us to open the windows but there were mosquitos and no window-screens. The room was set to 24C and we boiled. The location is excellent for the airport, but not for Venice itself. There is a swimming pool on the property, but nothing else to do there. The hotel was full because people on a cruise missed their flight, and the dinner staff found it hard to cope with the onslaught, so service was bad, but the food was great.

The breakfast was wonderful, and the staff was very friendly.

above

I did not like the price change ( up) during the booking process. this process has too many useless questions and endangers the successful completion of Booking.com procedure. For this reason, not all my booking are made over Booking.com. often when traveling these reservations are made on the fly and always under less than perfect tel. or WiFI conditions.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Not much to do in the area, if you are only staying for the night and plan to catch a plane early the next day, it is a great hotel. If you want to see any sights and look around, it is not close to the activity of Venice and transportation is a little spendy.

It was within walking distance to the airport. A couple of good restaurants within walking distance. Staff was exceptional and let us check in early, loaned us a power converter and made us special cocktails.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff are not very friendly. Daytime foyer person has little personality. We had to drag our suitcases up to the first floor ourselves, no lift. We were offered assistance once, but it didn’t happen. Breakfast staff are a little officious. We were told where to sit. We couldn’t put two tables together to sit with our friends, we were told, “no.”

Close proximity to airport, a couple of restaurants and a supermarket. Room was good enough size.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Overpriced Venice!...suggest staying in beautiful Verona or fabulous Padua and visit Venice for the day on the train.

Except for the broken toilet seat, slight smell of mould in the room and overpriced shuttle (€7.50pp) for the 1km to airport it was ok.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel will not exchange euros for dollars and you cannot purchase a bus ticket without euros from the hotel so make sure to plan ahead and get euros before leaving the airport.

The breakfast was delicious and there was a lovely restaurant near the hotel.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Our room looked like a dungeon... dark, smelled musty. . There were dust balls rolling around on the floor. Water stain marks down the wall under the window. The gentleman at the front desk was not friendly. I thought maybe he was just having a bad day and then another man at a different time was the same. And, I didn't ask any questions... just your basic checkin routine. And then, just getting info on airport shuttle. Which, by the way is an extra charge.

The breakfast was really good.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Hotel didn't reply to our request for information on facilities and the reception staff were not exactly welcoming. Walking to the hotel wasn't very pleasant although it's not that far. The alternative is a very expensive bus 8€ each for 1km!

Proximity to the airport. Comfortable room and quiet.

At check in, the obese bearded man at the front desk was so rude that I regretted my choice of hotel. The reception at this hotel was such that I will not stay there again. The gentleman at checkout was more reasonable.

The shuttle driver (who also acted as porter) was friendly, considerate and respectful. He went to extra effort to provide information and assistance.

breakfast didnt start searving early enough, resturant wasnt open in the evening, in room safe was only large enough for a very small <10" laptop\tablet. no lift to first floor

• Standard Double or Twin Room

During the day it is probably ok to walk from the airport or bus stop, but at night it does not feel safe (the road has no real sidewalk so that was very scary in the foggy night for my 70-year old mother). Still, the hotel manager (or owner?) picked us up and he was very friendly, so that was wonderful.

Breakfast was good, staff was extremely helpful when we needed it. John helped us in the middle of the night, we could have breakfast later because we did not sleep well, we got a ride to Venice in the shuttle bus. They were very friendly and helpful, good service.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

All fine and staff very helpful, they shuttled us to the airport at 5.30am but a little expensive for a one night late check in for a room, just to be close to the airport .I suppose thats what you're paying for, so in the end it was worth it.

The restaurant was not open. It was misleading in their description that the shuttle was for an extra cost.

It was close to the airport and offered a shuttle for an early flight. Staff was very nice. Shuttle driver was very nice. Room was comfortable and clean.

Staff didn't pay respect when we entered to hotel reception no welcome nothing , they were rude in their replies no kindness , all one word replies . I have not experienced such a worst one word reply behavior in any of the hotel.

Property is clean

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We chose this hotel due to its proximity to the airport and walkable location, however there was nothing within reasonable walking distance and walking from the airport was hair raising with portions along the roadside with traffic flying by. The restaurant we were directed to for lunch by the desk clerk was closed. The little market we were directed to had no cold drinks, so we purchased a water and Coke at the hotel and were charged 6 euros. The hotel charges 15 euros for airport shuttle less than 1 mile. The shuttle driver was very kind and helpful with our luggage so that was a big positive. The beds were the most uncomfortable we've ever experienced, very hard, and the walls were so thin we could hear all the "nighttime activity" going on in rooms around us. I heard the sound of flying insects in the middle of the night and found 2 in our room. The night clerk was the only positive about this inn, he was very friendly and helpful to us.

The night clerk was American and very personable. The other staff basically acted like we were an annoyance with arrogant and condescending attitudes. We got the impression that Venice does not really welcome non-Italian speaking tourists.

The room was very unique with a loft, stairs and a sofa bed. The breakfast was outstanding, many food options and all delicious! The airport shuttle in the morning was very appreciated. The shuttle in the evening was not available, even though the hours were within the posted times.

Water temperature varied in shower quite a lot

Great location for a airport stopover, clean room, big bathroom, good breakfast, service at breakfast was great...very welcoming

Good Location & breakfast. It was close to Venice airport. The hotel restaurant was a poor choice for dinner. The restaurant across the street was much better with an extensive menu. Shuttle to the airport for 10 euro was fair in my opinion.

Paolo was exceptional on reception, very friendly and knowledgeable in the area. The restaurant for dinner was very nice. Breakfast was disappointing. Advised breakfast finished at 10.00 am and as we had a very long day and a half ahead flying to Australia arrived at breakfast at 9.30 am. There was no hot food left and we were advised that they would not cook anymore. The room was very nice but the walls thin and you could hear everything said by surrounding guests. Unfortunately there was a very annoying sound all day/night of water running down the wall of our room which was unable to be solved.

I pre-arranged an airport shuttle for my early morning flight. When I showed up out front at the arranged time they said their shuttle driver wasn't in that early and they would have to call me a cab (which they didn't bother to do in advance). I waited for a while for the cab but it took too long so I gave up and walked he 20 minutes to the airport.

Clean, comfortable facilities

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Attitude of clerk was terrible on checkout after our credit card had been stolen the night before in Venice. He basically took all our remaining cash to pay the bill leaving us with no money for our flight home. This was despite my offer to pay online immediately if he gave me the hotel bank account details.

Room was good size and air conditioned. No lift however to upper floor which was difficult with heavy cases. Bathroom was good with excellent size shower.

Browse Hotel Venice Resort traveller photo gallery