Reviews of Venice Hotel Villa Dori 3 stars

5.6

5.2

5.9

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

Way too far from Venice. Arguementative rude owner. Blamed us for coming off-season, hardship for her to keep hotel open "just for us".Website all LIES. Nothing open, restaurant and bar closed, NO food or beverage here except for vending machine with water or beer, or VENDING MACHINE COFFEE!!! Ugggghh!! NO SHUTTLE SERVICE. Moldy bathroom, the mold had caulking OVER IT in shower stall, glass doors almost falling off, shower leaked all over bathroom floor. Some rooms stank of mold or cigar smoke. Drapes were filthy, not cleaned for years, when I closed them dead bugs and cobwebs fell on my head. Almost 1 hour from Venice by bus, NO air conditioning, heaters on full blast and heat/air controls are off in the room. Bed was hard, uncomfortable, big indentations where people have slept for years, 5 inch foam mattress way past its prime on hard box spring. There was NOT EVEN COFFEE at an Italian hotel!!!

The restaurant exists, it is beautifully decorated with Indonesian flair but was closed, likely has been for a long time. Very pretty Venetian Victorian decor throughout rooms (but needs upkeep).This alone is true on website, the look of the decor. Amazingly clean bedsheets and towels, though, I have to say.

I resigned / escaped from this place.

First impression: stinking air, and dirty place. Rooms need refurbishment Unpleasant service, Internet advertisement and reality, they are two different stories. Horrible and disgusting place.

nothing to like, and no English service to explain / resolve problems.

Organized shuttle to Venice and back.
    • Standard Quadruple Room

Rooms were not clean. Pictures from the website were probably taken years ago. Today this hotel does not look like in the pictures. Hotel has a great potential, but it should be maintained more regularly.

Organized shuttle to Venice and back. Free parking.

Hotel Transylvania!!!!

It was old, fusty, no restaurant, no facility to get a drink or food unless you wanted a stale croissant from the vending machine and no shops or restaurants for 7mls... When we arrived before entering the building the little boy that was travelling with us who is only 5 shouted out "what a dump" the children park was a swing with grass overgrown, the staff never smiled and there was iron bunk beds that was next to a window that fully opened on to a tin roof which a child could climb out and god knows what else.... not family friendly and apparently the bar/restaurant opens in winter.

place is kinda far, if you dont mind the location its a good value for your money
    • Deluxe Triple Room

its a bit far from the city but its ok, the only bad thing is that the bus stop its like a 15 min walk on google maps theres a route that gets closer to the hotel but it doesnt operate that late, its basically a big house in a small town nearby. the rooms are painted, mine specifically was in a light blue and other ones i saw where yellow, not like the photos so... if the look of the place is what motivates you to book there... you wont be happy.

place was decent, clean, ac worked as expected.

Venice is a gorgeous city well worth several days of...

The bed was uncomfortable and collapsed, the bathroom smelled of cigarettes constantly, the neighborhood was run down and noisy, the staff were curt, and it was overall an unpleasant experience staying at this establishment.

Venice is a gorgeous city well worth several days of exploration.

Dump - Avoid

i believe the hotel is run by an old woman and daughter, they don't know how to say hello or at least a smile. I arrived in the hotel at 11pm no one was in reception, some keys over the counter but no one there. After 10 minutes there I started exploring and I found the old woman sleeping with the door open, she woke up no apologies or good night and came to reception to make us the check in. Rude as hell. She charged me extra cash for tourist tax. Next day the young woman was the same rude, no hello no good morning and she even gave me wrong indications to get the bus. At night when we came to the hotel, we found our key over the counter with no one there again. So when we went to the room, we noticed that someone From the hotel had been there to leave a recive but the room was not cleaned or the bed done. They went there without us been there. This place it's noisy and unsafe. Please pay a bit more but don't stay in this mad house. Far from Venice in the middle of nowhere taxi cost about 26€ and bus doesn't come often and takes about 30 minutes to Mestre. Avoid Avoid Avoid No transfer free they will charge u up to 45£ but you must book it 3 days before. This was the worst place I've been. Serious don't go there.

To be honest I have serious regrets for booking here. There was nothing positive. The pictures promoting the hotel are arranged. Nothing to be liked.

Slightly disappointing

When we arrived at the airport we found out that it would cost $60 to get a taxi to the hotel, or a bus to Venice, then two more buses to get to the hotel. The room did not really look much like the pictures in terms of Venetian decor. We had an extra bed in our room which we did not request which limited space. The wifi only works in reception area. The balconies are not private, they are all open along one line. The bar that is right next to the hotel with great pictures online is apparently never open according to the receptionist. There is a pizza place about 5 mins walk away with good food but other than that you would have to walk to the supermarket for provisions. Beds made daily but toilet etc not cleaned daily.

Relatively clean, relatively easy to get too and from Venice and Mestre

Do yourself a favor and do not think to stay a single night at this miserable Hotel !
    • Standard Quadruple Room

I stayed 2 nightmare nights at this Hotel together with my wife and my 2 teenager kids. The photos of the rooms at booking must be from the stone age. I do not know where to start...the room was really full of dirt, the wallpaper with disgusting spots, dust oll over the lamps, the window shutters were blocked in the middle, the fridge was not working and the chair was so dirty that we had to put it outside the room. The staff was not polite at all.....if it was available....we had to leave our ice packs in the deep freezer of at the Hotel as it was not possible to find somebody in the reception at 07.00 in the morning....although I tried to call from my mobile as well....last I am quiet dissapointed that Booking still cooperates with this Hotel.

The only positiv is really only the available parking, nothing more!

All good

-The free wifi should be extended to the upper floor as well not just the lobby -The booklet says that there is a phone in the room, but none available. It was quite a problem when we wanted to call the lobby and my mobile phone signal was weak.

All good

Ok for two nights

The guests/staff (?) was very noisy from 6am. The room was badly soundproofed.

The room was pleasant and comfortable with a private bathroom Parking lot in front of the hotel Location (10 min by car from the train station to Venice)

The room had NO WINDOWS, we had no towels, we had to ask...
    • Standard Quadruple Room

The room had NO WINDOWS, we had no towels, we had to ask every day for the towels and they provided just face small ones. Also dirty and old rooms. The bathroom door did not opened full. The beds were as in the army, from metal and shaking at every move:))) The hotel indeed is a labyrinth, with small ways to access the rooms directly from outside. All is different than the presentation they have on the website.

Fake advertising
    • Standard Quadruple Room

Fake pictures. Besides, the room we stayed was quite dirt. Mold on the ceiling, dirty walls, old duvet and without cover, etc. There is a drink/food machine at the reception, but it lacks of options. No restaurant at the property. Actually, it is a very critical point. By looking at the booking pictures, we can observe a very nice restaurant/adega. Again, it is fake. Regarding the location, it is ok if you have a car, also, they have a shuttle to Venice.

Not much.

Clean but arrogant staff

The staff. The short hair lady at the reception is super arrogant, doesn't want to work and doesn't know the meaning of humanity. I was very unsatisfied with the way she treated us, which made my stay there very unpleasant. Won't go there again, and I'd suggest you to keep away of this place if you don't want to be treated like trash.

Air conditioning, clean WC, clean bed sheets

Anything!

everything

Anything!!! Maria de empleyed was so rude!! The hotel didn´t respect our reservation, one of the room was sold, and they gave us another room, they didn´t tells us anything until we realized of that!!

Cheap out of Venice hotel with good transport links
    • Standard Single Room

Apart from my initial arrival the staff were extremely dismissive, the room had very little light as 3 bulbs were missing, I said this was ok at the time of check in but had expected them to have been replaced on my return that evening. There were two young girls on the reception that evening, I came down from my room expecting to eat in the hotel and grab a drink at the bar. I was told that both were closed over a year before despite the hotel literature I was given. The girls then said, through mouthfuls of takeaway pizza they were eating on the reception counter, that there was a vending machine if I wanted a pastry or a beer. There was a nice restaurant near by but sadly that closes at 9.30 for food. The bed was extremely hard and I did not sleep well either night.

The Venice Villa Dori is not in Venice but has excellent transport links to Venice Mestre main train station via the No18 for €1.50 each way and the bus stop is right outside the hotel - in the opposite direction it's about a 7 minute walk to the stop. The 53E goes from next to the canal directly to Venice or Padova. and takes about half hour to each. The hotel is in a pretty rural village of Oriago which I spent a lovely morning walking down the canal path. I felt safe walking in the area in the dark on my own. The room was quiet and the shower seemed to be newly refurbished.

Worst experience of my life!
    • Deluxe Triple Room

TERRIBLE!!!!!!!! The hotel is extremely run down. After being in the room for 5 minutes I had excessive bit marks all over my body from bed bugs. Upon investigation I found what looked like a ball pubic hair under the bed. Honestly the worse experience of my life! I opted to sleep in my car rather than spend the night in that place. STAY AWAY.

Will not stay here again.

The room was super hot and AC doesn't work. Couldn't sleep at night because of windows were open, mosquitoes would come in, but with windows closed, it's literally hell. The location is very far from Venice, and inconvenient.

The shuttle service that goes straight to Venice.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

The Worst Place in Italy!

The advertising was that there was a Restaurant on site, **Restaurant is closed, don't know how many years it has been closed. Breakfast available ( 2.90 euro ) coffee and a croissant. When leaving the train station, system say #10 bus to get to hotel... NO # 53 bus to Podova will get you to the hotel... not the #10. Hotel is located on the edge of town,,, restaurants are few a far between. The bakery beside the tobacco shop ( where you get bus tickets ) is the BEST !! We were in Italy 3 wks,, this place was the worst! Would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.

Nothing to like about this place. Very unkept place. Grass outside was almost to my knees. One night when they had 2 bus loads of tourists, the sewer system could not handle the amount of people, had a very strong smell of urine....

Different than the photos. 15km from Venice

Totally different than photos,no service. Food machine was prehistoric with the worst coffee ever. I wanted also croisaint and it took our money and gave nothing.

It was clean

Too much money for the offer.

Bathroom terrible, shower with broken door, hot water after 10 minutes of turning on, sinks were stuffed, water stayed in the sink... Cathastrophy. Dust in the room, spiders nets... Breakfast was not 2,90 EIR per person as it was in booking offer, but 5,00 EUR...

Style of the room decoration.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Room nice, but bathroom and breakfast bad, minibar empty.
    • Deluxe Double Room

U kupaonici je bio tuš bez vrata. u Deluxe sobi, minibar je bio prazan! Za doručak je bilo jako malo izbora. In bathroom was a shower without a door. In the Deluxe Room, the minibar was empty! There was very little choice for breakfast.

Soba je bila lijepa. Room was nice.

Warm welcome, cold room.

It was freezing in our room and thermostat couldn't work it out. Not the best place to stay in winter.

Staff was really excellent. Helpful, polite and friendly. Located in quiet area. It's easy to get to Venice by public transport or by rented car.

Relaxing

My GPS wanted me to drive to the other end of the road. Don't know if the numbers in the road have been altered or if I need to get a new GPS :-) However, the GPS on my mobile worked :-)

Nice rooms with great bathroom. Relaxing atmosphere. Parking just outside the entrance.

Excellent hotel for very reasonable price

The location is not very handy. Difficult to find via navigation.

The rooms were amazing! All interior and walls were just stunning. I totally recommend if you want to see some luxury class.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Insulting other religions and cultures.
    • Standard Quadruple Room

there was no drinking water in the room at night.They asked me to wait till morning till the kitchen opens to have drinking water which is far from acceptable.The staff was very unfriendly. The decorations they had inside the bar and hotel were related to religious beliefs from Asia,which should not have been used in places like this because these are very religious and sacred in Asian culture. I wonder these people know how to respect other cultures and religions.

comfort of the room and cleanliness....

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Very strange hotel with bizarre furniture and decor.

The day receptionist was unsmiling and whether through ignorance or lack of language skills was verging on being insulting. We had requested a no-smoking room but the first room offered smelt badly of stale tobacco smoke. The 'oriental' 4-poster bed was a very shaky, rickety affair that swayed from side to side when one rolled over - we were assured "This is for people" and that it was safe - but it was scary! Sleep was disturbed by it's squeaky movements so we did not get a good night's rest. There is NO shuttle bus service as in the hotel info - the hotel's minibus does NOT go to Venice in October which they consider to be 'off-season'. Public busses for Padua or Venice do NOT stop outside the hotel as in the info either - it's a brisk 10 minute walk to the nearest bus stop for Venice.

Tiled floor. Quiet location. The night receptionist was helpful in finding a replacement for a missing light bulb.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

The hotel is a little far away although there are buses...

Just an advise for the hotel..it would be good if you take care of the sheets a little bit more..

The hotel is a little far away although there are buses which explain to us in hotel (30 minutes). From the comments I had read I was expecting a hotel in a bad situation with rude employees but i booked because of the price. Nevertheless I found a beautiful room with good wifi, the lady came to clean and change that is needed and the staff was friendly. I think it was ok.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Comfortable bed.

Terrible wi-fi (almost not working). They told us, that mini bus will go to Venezia and back for 3euros one way. And after tray sain they will not go just for two people. If you traveling with car it's ok.

Comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

if you have car- rather nice location
    • Deluxe Triple Room

old furniture, dirty walls, sink in the bathroom was chocked. very small room, balcony was facing the restaurant, so noisy in the evening

if you have car- rather nice location

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

+ close to Venice

- rooms not like on the picture /any wallpaper, wall need to be paint/ - 3. bed was additional not very comfort bed - receptionist refused print to me one sheet of paper- ticket to museum. After I spent almost 2 hours looking for copy shop in Venice....

+ close to Venice + receptionist recommended perfect parking for 4,5 EUR/day before Venice and after use bus ( 1,5 EUR) for last step ) + nice, quit area + bus stop, restaurant

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Staff very helpful.

The furniture was tacky. The wall painting was very dark, and the light was low, so the room was barely illuminated.

Staff very helpful. Private parking place. Nice bathroom (with a shower stall).

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Only parking with the property.
    • Standard Quadruple Room

Lighting in room and hotel very poor,Only 1 staff friendly others bit moody,Bathrooms have no keys also when having shower water leaking, Dressing tables very old and sticky. Bed lining are very old not changed for my 4 days stayed. Overall not very good.

Only parking with the property. Who is travelling by car is good otherwise very dissatisfied.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

If our evaluation can help anyone, PLEASE DON'T stay here.
    • Standard Single Room

'Run by bunch of crooks'. The management is run by a woman foul in her every conduct, and her 2,3 male compatriots no less than goons. ALL PICTURES were probably clicked 7-10 years ago - place is run down. If assessment can help, please don't stay here.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Don't waste your time!!

Spend more and stay in Venice, safe yourself the hassle with this place. Staff beyond rude we were astounded! No transfers available to Venice you have to make your own way there. The position is in the middle of nowhere.

Black hairs all over the floor and bathroom. Skid marks on the toilet. Dust in every corner had our room actually been cleaned?! When asking for advice the staff replied I don't have time to which she walked away and got her phone out. People asked me if I was reception they had been waiting so long to check in and no one would serve them!!!

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

price &location
    • Standard Quadruple Room

maybe it was fashionable hotel in 80's...but now it looks old and dirty. the smell of dampness inside or dung outside ... it is up to you what to choose. if you have a car it is easy to get to Venice. that's +. but we had some problems with searching forthe hotel with GPS, needed to ask local people. so you can book this hotel only if you have very limited budget and want just to stay one night

price &location

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Good location but need of maintenance
    • Deluxe Triple Room

The black mold in the bathroom is a big no-no. Decent price aside, no price is good with mold in the room..

Good location with nearby bus connections to both Venezia and Mestre. Room is decent apart from the mold.. Wifi ok

NEVER STAY HERE, would give it less than 1 star if I could

Everything, especially cleanliness

Miles out of the way, no facilities, curtains will not close, dirty hotel

dirty, rude staff, no facilities

Nothing, very poor hotel.

Cleaness, Toilette loses water over the bathroom, ugly

peacefull area to stay and see Venice with low budget.

Perfect location to see Venice

All as I expected

The most terrible place ever been.

No shops around, no breakfast,far from facility
    • Standard Triple Room

No shops around, no breakfast,far from facility

We traveld by motorbike so just spent a night. Was comfortable after a long ride in the rain.

Aircondition.

We did not have breakfast at the hotel

Cheap to stay
    • Standard Triple Room

İt is not clean

Cheap

a good basic family hotel room,helpful staff and a short drive from venice
    • Standard Quadruple Room

the quiet location, and the ease to get to it

mybe the room

To be honest I don't like the people who stay in reception they are unfriendly and unhelpful

mybe the room

friendly lady

run down and dusty. location is also very ugly. felt like i was in a bad neighborhood. air quality was also bad.

friendly lady

Lack of proper maintenance and renovation of the room,...
    • Standard Quadruple Room

Lack of proper maintenance and renovation of the room, otherwise nice environment.

There was lot of mosquitoes.

There was lot of mosquitoes.

very less water coming out from shower

very less water coming out from shower

for the money worth it.

a little bit more to invest on cleaning and house master.

the Bed was great and comfy. ac module was great too.

Disaster.

Location,service.........all.

Nothing only scam all,I will never use booking.

Venice is .... bellissimo!

nice, large quality rooms

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Not great
    • Standard Quadruple Room

No WiFi, shower poor, and staff member not exactly happy to greet us!

Good sized room,proximity to Venice

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

nice furniture in the room, good wifi

quite far from venice (40 min with bus)

nice furniture in the room, good wifi

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

The price was really good for this type of hotel.
    • Standard Quadruple Room

The price was really good for this type of hotel.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Awful!

Staff, attitude. Couldnt use wifi, there was none and could not use the restaurant because it was not open for individuals.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Cheap

- clogged drains - mites in bed

Cheap price and good location, near to the S. Giuilano parking if you are traveling with car

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Uncommon but nice

Looked antique

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

😬😬

😬😬

Good hotel

noise in the morning

Quiet hotel in a small town near Venezia. Very helpful elderly lady at reception.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

Too far from Venice - 40 min by bus.

Too far from Venice - 40 min by bus.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

To dull inside

Air conditioning not workink

Locations

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

The receptionist (new employe) was very gentil and helpful

The receptionist (new employe) was very gentil and helpful

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

First time and also last time.
    • Standard Quadruple Room

Upper bed on bunk bed was without any barrier. One bunk bed was infected by something and after comeback we got rash.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

staff, a very professional Carlo, especially

no windows

staff, a very professional Carlo, especially

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

Terrible crew

Bad crew and not the room in the pictures

Bathroom was OK

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

ther was difficulty to find the place

ther was difficulty to find the place the bed wasn't so comfortable

• Reviewed: 26 May 2016

It was horrible experience. Staff wasn't helpful at all. Staff didn't clean the room or provide new towels. Hardly any at the reception. Too far from airport. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. The staff behaviour was so unpleasant. We bought tea but they didn't give any milk and told us they only give milk with morning tea. It was a horrible experience.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2016

This was the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. The receptionist was texting when we arrived and we had to wait for her to finish her text before she even looked up. It was very far from Venice. The rooms are nothing like the pictures and when I told the receptionist, Maria, this she said it was our fault. She was the rudest person I have come across. The sink was blocked and there was no stopper for the bath. Our towels were not replaced and the bins etc were not emptied.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

Bed was hard, staff were unfriendly, room not as described.

Bed was hard, staff were unfriendly, room not as described. "Towels" we're more like tablecloths. Could only use wifi on one device. Charged me a "tourist tax" for information.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2015

The room.

This seemed to be run by a family comprising of a couple and an old woman. The old woman was sweet but the lady seemed uninterested in helping us in any way. She appeared terse and cold. The room was cold and very dark. We were the only ones staying there and there was no effort taken to offer us breakfast. Finally the location... Incredibly far from Venice. One could have got better rooms for the same price in Venice proper.

The room.was spacious

• Reviewed: 28 October 2015

Nothnig.

Pictures in booking has nothing in common with the real hotels rooms. May be they have looked like this 50 years ago. They offer us ugly and dirty room with white walls, dirty blanket over the bed. when i go down to the reception and ask for the room we have booked in booking they sad... "We are not Sheraton, What do you whant for 50 Euro?" When i ask my money back to change the hotel, receptionist sad: "No way". Next day when we left the hotel, i received email, that they cancel my reservation. Probably afraid that they will have negative feedback. I am sorry but i forgot to take pictures...

Nothnig.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2015

Our receptionist, Tamara, was very friendly, spoke very good...

The staff, except our receptionist Tamara, were not very good with English.

Our receptionist, Tamara, was very friendly, spoke very good English, and took care of everything. Our chauffeur was also kind and friendly. Transportation from the hotel to Venice and back was very fluent.

There are also 23 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Venice Hotel Villa Dori traveller photo gallery