Reviews of Hotel Villa Di Sorrento 3 stars

Viale E. Caruso 6, 80067 Sorrento, Italy

#39 of 77 hotels in Sorrento

Clean, spacious, good location
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults) - Separate Building

Staff was deceitful regarding breakfast. We stayed at the Blue Royal Suite, which is an apartment separated from the hotel, fitting for a family with 2 kids. We figured that breakfast was not included; however, when we checked out, to our surprise, the receptionist invited us for breakfast. We asked if the breakfast is included, and she said yes. I thought they were being generous. Since we had to wait at least 5 minutes for them to check the apartment, we thought that we should just grab something really quick for breakfast (2 yoghurt, 1 banana, 2 toasts, 1 brownie, 1 glass of orange juice). Right after we started eating, another staff came to me and told me that breakfast was not included. I argued that her colleague invited us in, but she insisted that my booking didn’t come with breakfast, and we had to pay €30. We felt we’re being deceived by the hotel staff. Very unprofessional!!

Clean, spacious, good location

Great location, really nice hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

A really nice hotel. Perfect location for the square and shops. The room was very clean and spacious. We had a Juliet balcony but the traffic was loud so kept the doors shut. Breakfast was very good. Had an egg boiler so you could actually make soft boiled eggs. Would definitely stay here again.

Ideal location, great breakfast

Bed could be upgraded.

Location! Easy walking to most areas, taxi location in front of hotel, great breakfast, friendly staff and helpful. View from room mini balcony.

It was a nice clean hotel and very close to city center where everything is in walking distance.
    • Comfort Triple Room

Mattresses were on the hard side & the pillows were very flat. That was disappointing. At least invest in some better pillows for the travelers!

It was very close to city center where shopping & restaurants are. Staff is friendly!

Suzanne from Melbourne
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

It was a lovely traditional small Hotel and you realky feel like you are in Italy. Thw staff are lovek and a wonderful breakfast.The rooms are very small and you must step over your bags.Gteat position in the centre.

We had a wonderful stay at Villa de Sorrento.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The location was fantastic - just a few steps from Piazza Tasso and a five minute walk to the train station for visiting Pompeii and taking the SITA bus to the Amalfi Coast. The hotel was clean and the continental breakfast was tasty. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Good option, but the employees Must be better trained.
    • Double or Twin Room

The employees are not friendly, they treat us, as they were doing a favor and not as we were client! They used to creat fool obstacles to simple things, as method of payment when my credit car card was declined, the form of talk to us about a room change when we decided to stay one more night...

Very well situated, good room, good park lot very close.

Wonderful location right next to the centre of town.
    • Double or Twin Room

WiFi was not that great in the room

Wonderful location right next to the centre of town. The breakfast in the morning is your typical European breakfast but has an great fruit selection. Expresso coffee is available if you ask. Rooms are as described. Train station 5 mins & harbour about 10 mins. Remarkably quiet with the patio windows and internal shutters closed. Our balcony had views to Tasso Square. Wifi in room was a let down but easily available in the lobby waiting room.

Lovely Hotel with helpful and friendly staff
    • Double or Twin Room

We would have liked to have control of air conditioning but they hadn’t put this on yet. Was a bit hot for us to sleep in and too noisy to keep doors open. Apart from this we loved it and when doors shut was very quiet and dark in room which was great.

We loved this Hotel. It exceeded our expectations in terms of the room and little balcony and location, as well as the delicious breakfast and helpful staff!

Excellent location, save time to travel around!

At the time of check-out, the staff was irritated by us because we were paying her coins. That left me a bad impression on the customer service at the end of my stay, however, during my stay, other staffs were really helpful and nice.

The location was excellent, easy access to train station, the ferry, and the shopping street. Clean room with comfortable bed. The breakfast is EUR5 per person, and the variety of food definitely worth the price. We had a refreshing morning to start our day!

It was a great place to stay!
    • Comfort Triple Room

The beds were not that comfortable. But not horrible

The location was perfect for all activities around the beautiful town of Sorrento ! We were fortunate to get a room with a balcony.

Lovely, quiet hotel in fabulous location.

The shower had too little room to store shampoo, conditioner, body wash, etc. It would be nice to have a shelf in the bathroom near the sink for bathroom items. We had a fairly long stay (almost a week) and had already spent over a week in northern Italy so I always wish for more storage for clothing in the hotels we use in Europe.

The location is magnificent. It is right off the main square. The room is clean and the staff is very helpful.

Great location but unwelcoming

Room was not very bright and the window looked out into a wall It was very noisy very early with the kitchen staff and clattering about The lady at breakfast was friendly but the welcoming and the people on reception were not very helpful or friendly There was also confusion with my booking as to when I was staying/ not staying, what I had paid/ hadn’t paid

The bathroom was great big power shower and the room had air con

Close, comfy and clean!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I think it was a bit pricey at $310 a night: maybe by €50 each night. I was under the impression from the emails that someone would be at the train station to pick us up.

Great breakfast with many healthy choices. Quiet room, the rooster waking us in the morning was amusing. Elevator was a plus. Close to many sites of interest.

This hotel is walking distance from the Train Station on the...
    • Double or Twin Room

This hotel is walking distance from the Train Station on the heart of Sorrento. You can easily walk from there to everywhere. Breakfast is good. And the staff that covers the night shift is very friendly and willing to help. Every night I requested help to warm up water for my baby and the guy was always willing to support.

Great location, very close parking garage within a few steps so very handy.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Left the windows open the first night and got woken by a rooster at 4 AM...that was minor though as never heard him with the windows closed. Was actually kind of funny. Nothing to complain about otherwise

We had the family room but there were just 2 of us so loved the space. Nice large bathroom & nice to have a small sofa for sitting. Two nice large windows that overlook some greenery was nice.

Older premises but with all modern conveniences and...
    • Double or Twin Room

Older premises but with all modern conveniences and technology. Very centrally located to the heart of Sorrento and a short walk to the railway station.

nice hotel and room, great location for visiting sorrento then travelling around
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

okay this is specific to me but i emailed ahead of time with some dietary requirements for breakfast and they just said they could only cater for gluten free. i was disappointed with the unhelpful response but the breakfast actually had all the things we needed so they could have told me that. staff were friendly enough but not super helpful!

excellent location just minutes from everything. clean room with fresh decor and decent bathroom. nice communal areas

A SUPER LITTLE HOTEL IN GREAT LOCATION

WE WOULD HAVE LIKED A WALKIN SHOWER IN OUR ROOM, THE OTHER 2 ROOMS HAD THESE BUT APART FROM THAT IT WAS HARD TO FAULT.

WE WERE A GROUP OF 6 GIRLS TRAVELLING TOGETHER FOR THE WEEKEND, THE HOTEL WAS IN A GREAT LOCATION CLOSE TO EVERYTHING AND VERY CENTRAL. THE STAFF WERE EXCELLENT, THE ROOMS WERE SPOTLESS AND GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY CONSIDERING ITS LOCATION.

Great location just off the main square
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

One woman at reception was a little bit snobby but all the other staff were friendly. The aircon temperature is controlled by the people at reception so you have to call them to change it which is a real pain.

Amazing location 50m from the main square if that. Very good breakfast. Nice rooms with fresh decor. Balcony with views onto terrace.

The staff was very courteous and friendly.

Our hot chocolate and coffee were not hot enough. The hot chocolate did not taste good at all.

The staff was very courteous and friendly. Our rooms were very comfortable. There was a variety of cheeses, cakes and cookies at breakfast.

Everything was perfect; I was sad to leave.

The location was fantastic, and the room was adorable. (I traveled alone, so I had the twin bed.) I've been trying to learn Italian, and loved chatting outside with Salvatore, the doorman, who let me practice on him. The cook was also really friendly and made me perfect cappuccinos every morning. The breakfasts were great. I can't think of anything that could have been better.

I would highly recommend.
    • Double or Twin Room

Although the room was clean, the shower in our bathroom was showing its age and needed to be regrouted.

The location was fabulous. The staff was very helpful and polite. A lovely breakfast was included with the price of the room.

Good location but poor quality hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was rather basic and nothing like the photos of the rooms shown on booking.com. The shower cubicle was tiny, the smallest we have ever seen. It was very difficult to move in the shower without water splashing all over the floor. We did complain and ask for a room change but nothing was available and the Manager confirmed that some of the other rooms also have very small shower cubicles. This hotel is also on a busy road, so you do hear traffic all through the night. The pillows were very hard and uncomfortable. You cannot change the air conditioning yourself but have to ask reception to do this. We would not return to this hotel on our next visit to Sorrento.

The location of this hotel is very central. You can walk to the shops, restaurants and bars very easily. Everything is located nearby. The breakfast included had a good selection and provided freshly baked croissants.

Great location in the heart of Sorrento
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Breakfast was fine - but the girl running the breakfast time was very stern and not very sympathetic when you tried to get the toaster to work by turning it up! She wouldn't let me! They definitely need a new toaster though.... it was useless and we stood for what seemed hours every day trying to get it to brown on both sides! Forget these big industrial ones and just by a couple of normal toasters. The coffee was disgusting and no chance of getting a 'real' one either. Nice array of homemade cakes if that's what you like to eat for breakfast and some nice croissants too. The hotel does not have a bar as far as I am aware - which might have been nice of an evening to sit and have a beer.

We had the family room and it was perfect for us - we have 2 teenagers but their area was separate to ours. Room was very clean. Location was perfect - right in the centre.

Beautiful Sorrento will see me again some day
    • Double or Twin Room

The bents gave off something that made me cough a lot while sleeping. Allergy is an issue I have if there are molds or chemicals in the air. There were two rooms with very noisy clients that kept me awake with their loud talking, coming in and knocking.

Monica and Mary Lou made me feel very comfortable. My husband loved the coffee. I didn't. Cafe Americano was nothing like Cafe americano. The water for the tea was not hot enough. The rest of the food was great and I loved it.

Location was very good.
    • Double or Twin Room

Walls very thin and could hear everything next door we're doing which kept me awake. Breakfast was not great.

Location was very good. Staff friendly and helpful.

The staff were very rude the room was tiny and not very...

Thought it was not good value for money at all I would never recommend this Hotel to anyone

The staff were very rude the room was tiny and not very clean. Air conditioning was very noisy and didn't work properly. It's located on a very noisy busy road.

"It's not my rooster!"

Rooster began crowing at 4:45am each morning. No sleep after that for 2 days. When I complained at checkout the man in charge said, with an Italian flourish, "it's not my rooster!" Bed was extremely narrow, about 30 inches against a walk.

Great hotel at a reasonable price point.

Bathroom was small but I did have a single room.

The breakfast was terrific at this price point. Homemade pastries, real cappuccino and fresh cut fruit and yogurt made the start of my day a pleasure.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Fantastic convenient location and excellent breakfast.
    • Double or Twin Room

Smelled cigarette smoke wafting into our room in the middle of the night, and noticed it coming from our bathroom window (which was too high to close). Tried to call front desk, but no one answered, even though the front desk is supposed to be 24 hour (probably because they were the ones out back smoking). We told the morning shift manager about the issue, and to her credit she immediately sent the housekeeping staff to look for cigarette butts in the interior alleyway outside our bathroom window - they found one cigarette butt outside our window but then said they couldn't do anything about it since they didn't see anyone smoking. They said all the rooms were full and cannot switch us into another room (even though we saw there were 3 rooms available on booking.com). We are highly sensitive to cigarette smoke and had made sure that this property is 100% non-smoking, so needless to say we were very disappointed when we smelled smoke all night - especially as were were staying here for our wedding anniversary and were not at all comfortable. We were even more disappointed about how the issue was addressed by the staff. We would have given this hotel a top rating if not for this one dealbreaking issue.

Fantastic convenient location and excellent breakfast. The best part of staying here. We were easily able to come and go during the day to drop off things we purchased, get changed, take a rest, use the bathroom, etc.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Professionally run with a travel and booking agent on the property.

We booked as a group and requested two of our party to be moved nearer to us and this was not accommodated.

The property was well located just a few steps from the main plaza and it was easy to get around. The rooms over the street are bright with small balcony but noisy if balcony door was open. Rooms on other side are darker and no balcony, but quieter. Very good, fresh breakfast with assorted types of food including eggs and fresh fruit which we had not had at other guest houses.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Staff not always on reception. The breakfast could have been better. No boiling water for tea and coffee very disappointing.

The Hotel was conveniently located and the staff helpful.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Just ok

The room smelled badly even right after they cleaned it. It also was too expensive for the quality of accomodations.

The property was in an excellent location. Close to the marina and train station, and right in the heart of the city.

The Hotel is situated in the Center of Sorrento;
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The Hotel is situated in the Center of Sorrento; therefore the harbour, the Train Station and all sights are easy reachable. We had a beautiful room in blue colours with a small balcony with view to the sea.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Excellent hotel in the center of Sorrento.
    • Comfort Triple Room

This was my second stay at hotel Villa di Sorrento. The hotel is in a perfect location for walking in the town, shopping and close to many excellent restaurants. The hotel is clean and has a lovely breakfast. I will continue to book here for all future trips.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Spotless rooms and great front-desk staff! No kettle in the room.

The elevator was small and did not function properly at times where it did not work when called. No kettle provided in the room but hot water can be requested from the front desk.

We booked two rooms during our stay here for our party of 6. They were spotlessly clean with white walls and floor tiles as if it was just newly renovated! The room facing out from the front of the hotel had a balcony and the view from there was amazing! We were expecting issues with the front desk from reading the previous reviews but we did not run into any problems at all. In fact, the staff, both the lady and the guy, were very helpful! My mother-in-law slipped in the bathtub and bumped her head because there was no anti-slip mat provided; we explained this to the staff and they provided one and followed up with how she was doing. The breakfast area is very nicely decorated and very comfortable; the lady serving us during breakfast was really quick and efficient!

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

The best place to stay in Sorrento.
    • Double or Twin Room

The best place to stay in Sorrento. Very clean and quiet, best location at the main square of a town, super healthy breakfast, very friendly and kind staff, new furniture. Everything makes you feel like at home.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Great little hotel in a great location.

The hotel was located just off the main square, great location for walking the city of Sorrento. There were multiple excellent restaurants to choose from within a few minutes walking. The breakfast included was a nice continental buffet. The hotel also helped facilitate a day trip including lunch to the Amalfi coast which was fantastic.

Weird hotel!
    • Double or Twin Room

When i arrived, there was no one at the reception, i pressed a bell on the counter, i could see an office room next to the reception had few people in there, no one care to come out, all of them seems very busy with their computers. One guy stood up and shouted to someone, an old nasty lady came out, no greeting from her and she gave me a looked like i was interrupting her. The way she looks and talked was so rude and blunt, insisted to keep our passports, i asked her how long, she said 10mins, and she just spent less then a minute to give me the room key, told me the breakfast place, where is the lift and which is my room floor then without waited for me to answer she just ran back to that office. After i dropped all the luggages in our room, i came back, she was not there, I pressed few times the bell at the reception again, same thing no one came out, after a while one guy came back from outside and i told him i need our passports back, he immediately made the photocopy and gave me back. The air conditioning in the room was not working, no one told us that we have to call the reception if we want it, i read it from others review. Stayed here for 3days, the reception always seems like no one there, as i said they all just stayed inside the office room and busy with their computers.

Good location, close to the Piazza Tasso, old town, port to Capri, train station etc.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Location is everything.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Staff on the whole was a bit solemn. One in particular either had an amazing lack of knowledge on his surroundings or simply didn't want to help guests.

Great location. Clean. Good value.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Superb location

Had a superb break with friends initially a problem with the triple room which was very efficiently sorted out by the lady on reception who also takes the bookings for the day trips. Fabulous breakfast in the morning which was really fresh and plenty of choice. Evening guy on reception really nice and helpful and provided us with ice for happy hour in our room before going out in the evening.Would highly recommend this hotel for location easy to get to everything cleanliness and especially for the staff's friendliness. Looking forward to our next visit.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Excellent location. Pleasant yet basic accommodation.

Pleasant yet basic accommodation. Small bathroom.

Excellent location. Good level of cleanliness. One staff member was a little standoffish, but another was very helpful in sorting out a request for me. I'd stay there again.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Staff were friendly enough although the guy doing the...

Staff were friendly enough although the guy doing the nightshift was extra accomodating after he search high and low to find us a kettle for our room. Location is excellent as it is a short walk to the wharf and train station. Breakfast selection is superb!

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

No where to put your luggage.

No where to put your luggage. Staff including owners had attitude. Didn't appreciate receiving a phone call at 10pm ( I was asleep!) asking what time I was checking out the next morning. Not a pleasant stay!

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Location cannot be beaten

there were a few things that made a stay a little uncomfortable. Aircon was not very strong and you couldn't change a temperature setting; bathroom tap was leaked; shower was tiny; wifi was not great.

This hotel's location is simply the best! The hotel also has a nice vibe about it, as it is in a nice old building. Rooms were clean. Having a car park next door was very convenient

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Very helpful front desk staff
    • Comfort Triple Room

The hotel is centrally located. The two girls at the front desk were VERY helpful. I can't say enough about them.They went over and above helping us book our train reservations back to Rome. The hotel is clean and the staff was very nice. Highly recommend staying here.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Disappointed with Customer Service!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The staff has no sense of customer service. Due to a cancelled flight, I was unable to take an airport transfer they arranged. Even though I emailed them as soon as I was aware of the cancelled flight they still charged me for it. Since the taxi was to be paid in cash I refused to pay after a long conversation with the staff. They charged it to my room so I had no choice but to pay for it. Zero sense of customer service. Wanted me to go back to the taxi company even though they arranged it.

Location in downtown Sorrento was convenient to walk to shops, restaurants and port.

Loved it all.

Staff were so helpful and knowledgeable. So clean .great breakfast and perfect location

Amazing location.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Amazing location. Comfortable bed.

Fantastic location with plenty of restaurants close by and the beach only minutes away. Beautiful

The staff was extremely accommodating of our dietary requirements and went above and beyond to help us out. Very happy with our stay here.

Small rooms.

Amazing stay in Sorrento!
    • Double or Twin Room

Elevator can be much larger to fit clients with large bags

Enjoyed proximity to the port and bus/train station only a few blocks away

Great stay
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The staff could be a bit more friendly.

The location was perfect and breakfast was very nice.

Room clean and bright.

Small bathroom

Room clean and bright. Breakfast and service excellent.

Would stay there again.

Very helpful staff.

We has a very enjoyable stay- no problems

Everything good!

Quiet room and very good breakfast breakfast

Great Stay in Sorrento
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The hotel is close to everything you could want or need. It’s a lovely property. The staff is amazing. Very helpful.

Excellent location right in the heart of Sorrento!!

Great staff and location

Lovely hotel, nice quiet room with very good breakfast. Great location.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Lovely hotel, quiet room looking on to the square. A great location.

Location and proximity
    • Comfort Triple Room

In the mornings you heard a lot of noise from people and workers on the street.

Location and proximity

A good location.
    • Comfort Triple Room

Problem with heat in the room

Location was excellent

Good location and very clean
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Lack of parking in the property

Good location and very clean

Comfortable Sorrento

The location was excellent, near the station and all the shops. Breakfast was very good, better than expected. Clean and comfortable.

The room was beautiful and the location was perfect.

The room was beautiful and the location was perfect. So close to everything.

Beautiful old centrally located hotel and free breakfast. Who could ask for anything more.

Beds are a little hard. It would be nice if they added pillow-top mattress toppers.

Perfect location to enjoy Sorrento in all of it's glory

I would book this hotel again. Clean and great location!

Great room and location.

Great location but average value and average features.
    • Comfort Triple Room

Too expensive. Sewer smell in bathroom.

Great location, staff friendly and responsive to issues.
    • Double or Twin Room

Great location, staff friendly and responsive to issues.

Overall good value for the area

Noisy street

Street view was noisy with doors open, so slept with closed but air conditioning seemed to do little.

• Comfort Triple Room

the location is amazing , breakfast wawwww specially with...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

the location is amazing , breakfast wawwww specially with the best waitress called Monica, and on the reception best receptionist Selvador.

Ok

Room was too smal for 3 people And was very dated

Great location, breakfast and staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

Great location, breakfast and staff. Rooms cleaned every day, close to main square, beach, ferry and train/buses.

A superb stay