Reviews of Hotel Villa Gabrisa 4 stars

Pasitea, 219/227, 84017 Positano, Italy

#19 of 36 hotels in Positano

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View - Annex

Room smelled like mold, lights from A.C. and WiFi router made room light (staff VERY helpful in eliminating light problem), Toilet brush holder stained

Friendly staff, yummy breakfast, beautiful quieter location above town, big room, shiny spotless bathroom (with one exception below), nice cafe with gorgeous view!

• Standard Double Room with Sea View - Attic

My husband and I have just returned from a 4 night stay at Villa Gabrisa and I can't rate the hotel highly enough! We had a lovely comfortable room, with sea view and small terrace. The staff were super accommodating, helping us book airport transfer and ferry across to Capri. One thing I was super impressed with (and this is high on my list of priorities when staying in a hotel) was the cleanliness of the hotel, the place was spotless! I would definitely stay at Villa Gabrisa again when we return to Positano, and thoroughly recommend it to anyone looking for value for money!

• Suite with Sea View

The only downside is there isn’t much outside space for relaxing in but that is probably the same with most smaller hotels in Positano. It is quite a trek to the town centre/beach but there are buses every half hour if you can’t walk it.

The personal touch of a smaller hotel, the amazing suite with 4 poster and luxury bathroom, the warm and attentive staff. The food was also really good and 10% discount for guests was great.

• Standard Double Room with Sea View - Attic

For me, this was the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in! Everything was absolutely spotless. The hotel is a family run business with wonderful staff. They could not do enough to ensure that our stay was perfect. They went the extra mile! Stunning view, beautifully furnished room. I was sad to leave!

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View - Annex

The breakfast food was not up to par with the rest of the hotel.

The staff, especially Leila, was charming, helpful and hard working. The rooms were very nice and spacious. It was nice to have a wine shop on site. We would go back!

Overpriced. Room size is very small. The restaurant was not open. Breakfast was limited. It was at least a 15 min walk, if not more, to a decent restaurant. Travel light or Be prepared to hike up several, several steep steps to the square (to get a cab) or to the hotel (a further 25 min hike up).

The staff. They were very friendly and helpful. The location - overlooking the water, very panoramic.

• Standard Double Room with Sea View - Attic

A bit far from the center of Positano if you want to walk, and the parking is expensive (20€/night in the private one, 3€/hour in the public parking) but that's how it is here so not really avoidable.

Amazing view from the balcony! Breakfast on the terrace was really great especially when you get a nice fluffy croissant, a beautiful cappuccino and the sun on your face. Staff was super helpful and very nice. Wifi worked perfect.

Nothing. Very satisfied.

Gorgeous location in Positano. Clean, friendly, good buffet breakfast, helpful staff, comfortable room with sea view. Requires a bit of stair climbing to reach room, about one flight.

• Standard Double Room with Sea View - Attic

At the time we were they they had building work in progress, breakfast was noisy as the room was cut in half and they were digging up the floor.

Good location AND great views

• Standard Double Room with Sea View - Attic

Low season and the restaurant was closed. But the bar was open.

The upgrade to a junior suite did the trick More room Balcony with killer view of Positano Great bedding

• Standard Double Room with Sea View - Attic

We were given a room on the top floor, which we believe was the attic at one time, which did not look at all like the pictures of the room on the booking.com site; The female hotel owner ensured we took a lift to our room so we would not see the other better rooms in hotel, which we had expected. We felt cheated.

The location was very good.

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View - Annex

The hotels was perfect! The views from the rooms are breathtaking! The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the staff is very helpful. The breakfast was tasty, and we enjoyed dinner and cocktails several times at the hotel and the food and service were great. I was particularly impressed with the very professional and pleasant hotel manager. She went out of her way to make sure our stay was enjoyable.

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View - Annex

Finding it was frustrating. But my fault. I should have looked into it before we arrived.

Although we went to the wrong bus stop. The location was perfect. Quiet at night. Beautiful views, amazing. Breakfast was excellent

• Standard Double Room with Sea View - Attic

You need to walk a long distance from positano port to get there and it is tiring , you need to send your luggage and they charge up to 10 euros per bag in the port .

Very nice view from the room , the room is nice with small balcony , the hotel is small and original and clean , the breakfast is good .

• Suite with Sea View

It's on a noisy road with lots of traffic. Any short journey into the centre will cost you min €20..

Lovely views, friendly staff. Nice breakfast , some hot items which is unusual in Italy

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View - Annex

The breakfast buffet was pretty average with pretty limited options. It cost extra to have it in your room. Our room had no view which completely defeated the purpose of staying in Positano. We travelled with a few friends and they paid half what we did, getting much better views and nicer rooms closer to the water. There are definitely much better places to stay than this.

Large room with a small patio out the front onto the road. It was very clean and the staff were very friendly and very eager to help with anything required.

• Suite with Sea View

shower was a little small

fantastic hotel in the perfect part of Positano, views overlooking the sea are breathtaking. Staff couldn't have been more helpful in assisting us with things to do, accommodation recommendations for our next location and restaurant recommendations. Rooms were spacious and luxurious.

• Standard Double Room with Sea View - Attic

The location of the hotel by the main road is great for the scenery, but it is quite high up the side of the hill. It was a bit of a walk (10-15 mins uphill) during the July heat if you want to go to the beach or other restaurants down the village. However, this is the same for most of the hotels in Positano.

Villa Gabrisa was a wonderful start to our honeymoon and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly during our entire stay. The views from even the basic room to the sea were outstanding. The restaurant at the hotel was also my personal favourite from all of Positano.

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View - Annex

Understandably no swimming pool. The scrambled eggs at breakfast were average.

The views were amazing and the staff very friendly. And position was right on the bus stop with shops very close.

• Standard Double Room with Sea View - Attic

I loved Villa Gabrisa. A gorgeous small luxury hotel (4 star) it looks and feels exactly like the description and the images on BOOKING.COM. Silvia was the Italian lady at the reception and she was so pleasant and helpful. She helped my husband and I to arrange a gorgeous boat trip around the grottos of Positano. She knew her stuff as a local of the Amalfi town and in general was a lovely face to be greeted with in the morning! Other highlights were the lovely views at breakfast, the lovely Rose, the breakfast buffet was really good, as well as the lovely french L'occitane products. As it was our honeymoon they also presented us with a lovely card and bottle of wine! :) a lovely touch!

• Junior Suite with Terrace and Sea View

It is a trek down to the beach. We were fine with it but if you have bad knees or trouble with stairs, it could be tough.

The view from the room, the friendliness of the staff, the onsite restaurant with incredible food AND view that was reasonably priced, the adjacent wine store where we were given a discount for being hotel guests, the SUPER comfy bed, clean room, and large bathroom, essentially, everything!!!

Ants in our room.

Lovely hotel, great food. Hotel management to waitress excellent service with a smile. Very helpful with questions. Nothing a problem.great coffee. Short work to town, or catch the town circuit bus!

• Standard Double Room with Sea View - Attic

I wrote to ask the property not to put us in the room shown on the website, with a horrible plastic roofing below it which completely ruins the view of the sea. They replied to say the covering did not spoil the view. This is false. They also use clever - yet inaccurate - photography - nowhere on the photos you see on their website is it made clear hat their "terrace" is only as wide as one 2-seat table, and is RIGHT ON the road. This completely spoiled our expectations and is not at all what we wanted for the first 2 nights of our trip... with cars and bikes going down the road all day every day only one metre away from you, separated from you and your food by a small plant in a pot. The attic rooms were tiny. I mean, seriously tiny - we fell over each other all the time and in the end took it in turns to be in the room dressing. The walls are paper thin too, such that you hear everything in the rooms next door. In terms of value for money, these rooms are simply unacceptable.

View from room was nice as long as you didn't look down.

Nothing. This place was perfect

The owners were extremely accommodating. They even kept the bar open late and let us try some of there amazing collection of gin's

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Junior Suite with Terrace and Sea View

Only thing was bed was a bit to hard for me but everything else was amazing.

The staff was amazing and extremely helpful. Arrived and everyone was welcoming. Got an upgrade and the location had amazing views.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Standard Double Room with Sea View - Attic

NO PARKING!!! It is almost impossible to park on the street, if you wish to park, additional 18EUR/day. Never mentioned. DO NOT ACCEPT ROOMS ON THE 3RD FLOOR!!! No space for your luggage, no space in the wc. Men must manage everything in seating position, but still can bump heads :(. We asked for normal bread for the breakfast, because served kind-of-bread was not fresh. There was no bread. The lady asked if we wanted toast. Yes, we said. No, we do not have toast either. Asked for fried eggs. No, only boiled eggs... HERE YOU MUST PAY FOR POSITANO, NOT FOR THE HOTEL. PURE CAPITALISM. VERY BAD EXPERIENCE.

Positano itself was great and that is why you pay a lot for a pigeon-hole.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Everything was perfetto!

The family who own and operate Villa Gabrisa are the nicest people possible! First let me say that the hotel is run very well with a very courteous and helpful staff. Second, the hotel is boutique and well maintained with attention to detail. My spacious suite was newly renovated and absolutely gorgeous and comfortable. Third, during my stay I became ill. The owners offered to call a doctor who made a hotel house call! Then the owner who was assisting me went to the pharmacy to bring my prescriptions back to the hotel to me! She also made sure I was well fed and had everything I needed. This is a special family that went above and beyond the usual hotel courtesies.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

• Standard Double Room with Sea View - Attic

The hotel is situated on a smaller bay, not on the main bay area. It's equally beautiful and private but perhaps not as convenient. The climb up from the beach is a real workout. Might be easier to take the long winding road rather than the steps.

Amazing hotel!! Excellent large room with balcony and seaview Wonderful, warm service Good breakfast Small convenience store located next to the hotel

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

• Junior Suite with Terrace and Sea View

The view from our room and the EXCELLENT service totally made our stay the most amazing and wonderful Anniversary celebration ever. What a great facility indeed. Every single staff in the hotel were just so very sweet and helpful. A special mention to the ever helpful Carmela. She is truly, a gem. Made everything happen and is so very helpful indeed. Seeing how the owners of the hotel were there everyday, working nonstop to ensure that the hotel and its restaurant is running smoothly, made us appreciate our stay and experience more. We cannot wait to be back.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

• Suite with Sea View

The service was spot on. Friendly, warm, welcoming, helpful and kind. The location couldn't be any better. With beautiful views from the room and even outside the room with an indoor/outdoor restaurant it was perfect. The restaurant food was delicious too! We will 100% be back to Hotel Villa Gabrisa for our next stay in Italy

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Standard Double Room with Sea View - Attic

Parking was a little tricky because it's not on sight which is not unusual in that area.

Service was terrific. The two young ladies at the reception desk were extremely helpful and gave us great recommendations.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Suite with Sea View

The staff is excellent and extremely helpful in all ways-- booking taxis, shuttles, dinner reservations, etc. for us. Beautiful location with a gorgeous view of the sea and town. Rooms are lovely also with amazing views. All very comfortable.

• Standard Double Room with Sea View - Attic

The room I had was on the top floor and a bit small but extremely well maintained. I only slept there in any case as I was out for most of the day. The fabulous view of Positano and the mountains more than made up for the small size. They did have bigger rooms but they were a lot more expensive. It would have been nice if the elevator went to the top floor. I was on the 3rd floor and the lift stopped on the 2nd floor. You had to take the stairs from the 2nd to the 3rd floor. Not a big deal but with luggage, it would have been nice to have. The staff did carry my luggage up to the top when I arrived.

The staff was absolutely wonderful. They could not have been more warm, friendly, caring and helpful. Always a big smile and greeting every time I came into the hotel. The front desk staff spoke excellent English and were able to communicate very easily. People were staying there from all over the world. I was traveling alone and they made me feel like I was part of their family. They took a real interest in where I was from, what I did that day, where I had dinner, whether Positano lived up to my dreams and how to get around the town, transportation from Positano to Sorrento, from Sorrento to Naples and from Naples to Rome. They sold SITA bus tickets in the lobby which was very handy as well as tickets for the local town bus. The location was excellent and the rooms were spotlessly clean. Cleaning staff were very accommodating and gracious. Water pressure in the shower/toilet was very good and they supplied L'Occitane toiletries which were luxurious. The views from my hotel balcony were breathtaking and the breakfasts were wonderful - very tasty, with lovely breakfast pastries including croissants filled with crema or chocolate or almonds, frittata. meats, cheeses, eggs, bacon, sausages, yogurt, fresh fruit, juices, Italian cakes and breads, and I was able to sit on their outside terrace and enjoy the views of the sea, the mountains and the hillside homes. I had dinner in the hotel the first night I arrived and it was extremely tasty. The restaurant was packed later in the evening as I understand the restaurant has a very good reputation for excellent food and good service. Very good selection of Italian wines. . The hotel was ideally located and just a short walk into town or I could have taken the internal Positano bus into the town centre which I did one day when I got caught in a rain storm. The stop for this was very close to the hotel front door.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View - Annex

We only had one slight dislike and it was one of the male waiters who seemed he would rather be somewhere else each time we had dinner.

Loved the spacious room and beautiful balcony view. It is a converted villa so the high ceilings and decor work perfectly. The restaurant served nice food and Carmella at the front desk was wonderful and helped with everything we needed. Be prepared for lots of steps as its positano, but the location is perfect as its not right in the middle of town, a 10 minute brisk walk gets you to the main square.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Standard Double Room with Sea View - Attic

Views from this small, family run hotel are fabulous! The room and bath were comfortable and had a terrific balcony overlooking POSITANO and the Bay of Salerno. It was a very good choice.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View - Annex

No space in the bathroom for toiletries. No shelves, etc.

Very kind people and helped with everything including car to and from Naples. Excellent food.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Standard Double Room with Sea View - Attic

Because it is so small, it can be noisy when patrons talk (or in our instance on 2 nights when they argued, cried and moaned!). Also, we were in the 3rd floor which was essentially the attic floor. The balcony was wonderful, but the low ceiling height was at times a challenge. Those who choose this property (and they should!) should be aware of the location. It is 'way up' the mountain. We (unfortunately) walked up from the ferry. This was mostly steps (Fitbit calculated it as ~50 flights). On arrival, Carmela told us that there were alternative ways of getting to the property. Most importantly, in the harbor are 'Positano Porters' who for a fee of 10 euros/bag will deliver your luggage to the hotel (and vice versa).

The staff are lovely, especially 'Carmela'. While it is quite a distance from the main area, it offers a very unique view of the town. We're it not for its location we would likely not have seen as many sites as we did. The hotel is very small (a converted villa) so you are treated as individuals. The restaurant is very nice, especially the outdoor seating. The (included) breakfast was very comprehensive and delicious. All the wait staff were very friendly and courteous. The rooms were very clean and the toiletries of very high quality.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Junior Suite with Terrace and Sea View

Minor gripe is that it was slightly further up the hill

Positano is a lovely place and our room had a lovely terrace with fantastic sea views and views of the lower town. Staff were lovely.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View - Annex

The hotel is in a great location. We were put in a junior suite with a very large Lanai overlooking the beautiful Mediterranean. It is totally picturesque. The staff, especially Carmela is exceptional.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Junior Suite with Terrace and Sea View

Our room was great! It was at the top, front/middle of the building, with a beautiful big balcony/terrace which made the most of the amazing views, and was lovely to sit and have breakfast on. The hotel was well located, about a 7 min walk in to town. Robyn and the rest of the staff were very helpful with booking cars, ferries and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• Standard Double Room with Sea View - Attic

Was a little disappointed that there was no elevator service from the 2nd floor to the 3rd floor where we were staying. But Robyn kindly lifted our rather heavy bag up to our room when we arrived. So it didn't effect things much.

Extremely helpful staff starting from email communications before arriving to right throughout the stay. Robyn, the owner was very nice and helpful in finding our way to places near Positano. The hotel organised some very nice transfers for us from the Naples train station to the hotel. Highly recommend this as Positano is very hilly. Good restaurant in terms of food. Small but clean and comfortable rooms. Very happy to come back again.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View - Annex

Décor is a bit dated if you mind that kind of thing, but not an issue really.

Small cozy hotel with great views of the sea and Positano. Family run business by really helpful and lovely people. It was my birthday upon check in and the staff helped my family organize a surprise gift upon arrival. In addition, they upgraded us and brought cold prosecco to the room. Everything about the stay is lovely. Room and bathroom were very good size and terrace was lovely. Breakfast choice was excellent.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

We loved everything...don't change a thing!

This hotel is exquisite! Our families rooms were so gorgeously decorated and our balcony and terrace with Mediterranean views were like a postcard! The staff met our every need. The restaurant was our favorite in Positano!

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View - Annex

Great place to stay. We had an outside veranda which worked perfect for us. The staff was very friendly and attentative. Carmella made our experience awesome. Many thanks!!

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

• Standard Double Room with Sea View - Attic

Balcony in upper rooms very small. Small "bistro" table and chairs not very comfortable! Wi fi not great - only worked for us on the balcony!

Really friendly reception staff - nothing was too much trouble Superb views over the bay - great for breakfast Location excellent Da Gabrisa which is the hotels restaurant is excellent with a 10% discount for residents.

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View - Annex

Nothing really. Great place to stay! Was a little pricy when I booked but I booked last minute as we decided to extend our trip in Positano.

Really fresh breakfast and a lovely view! The staff are super friendly, they make you feel at home.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Standard Double Room with Sea View - Attic

Lovely staff, family run business, we really felt warmly welcomed. As a bonus, lovely l'occitane very good size toiletry samples in the bathroom! The sea view there is a dream!

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View - Annex

Service in general felt quite effortless. We asked for some recommendations of restaurants and the only one recommended was the on-site one. Also the service during breakfast was not that good, the waiter was quite grumpy. The bedroom and bathroom overall have room for improvement as for the cleanliness. Lot's of dust on the kettle tray and overall.

We were located on the side of the hotel, where the new rooms are located. The room is of good size, the bed was really comfort and the air-con worked perfectly (it was really hot in Positano!). Also the view was amazing! Breakfast was also really good, good bread choices, fresh mozzarella and sweets like cake were delicious as well!

• Reviewed: 24 June 2016

• Standard Double Room with Sea View - Attic

The view from our room wasn't quite what was expected. You could really only see the ocean as the rooftop of the rooms below blocked your view. You also couldn't see the main town of Positano as the hotel is situated on a bend in the road that cuts off your view of the main town.

Family run boutique hotel, staff were very helpful and friendly. The room was very clean and the AC worked great. The food was also very delicious.

• Standard Double Room with Sea View - Attic

Great place, stunning view, Wonderful people, Magnificient restaurant & bar.

• Standard Double Room with Sea View - Attic

I didnt have time to stay longer

Lots of pillows and amazing bed and great pressure in the shower

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View - Annex

Road can get busy and noisy but quiet at night

Everything. Stunning views, staff, breakfast, room spacious

• Standard Double Room with Sea View - Attic

Staff were great. Clean, comfy and fantastic views over Positano.

Restaurant food

• Standard Double Room with Sea View - Attic

Awesome views, secure parking 100 metres down the road. Great breakfast.

• Junior Suite with Terrace and Sea View

The staff was excellent and very informative. Very accommodating.

• Standard Double Room with Sea View - Attic

Some light sneaking in room during nights Tall hazardous bathtub access

Sea views Courteous and quick staff services Some details

I loved all of it.

The staff was amazing and friendly. I would recommend this place for anyone who needs a romantic get away.

• Standard Double Room with Sea View - Attic

good view in positano and very kind.

The view from balcony

• Standard Double Room with Sea View - Attic

Awesome place to stay in Positano

Service and staff

No dinner served.

Stunning view! Very helpful and friendly staff. The owner is NZ. No problem with communication.

I liked everything.

The facility, the staff, the location, the breakfest and the attitude of evrybody was just perfect. Highly reccomrnded.

• Standard Double Room with Sea View - Attic

We had a fantastic room with breathtaking view? Great location and very kind staff.

• Junior Suite with Terrace and Sea View

AMAZING!! Incredible views and the most comfortable beds!

• Junior Suite with Terrace and Sea View

wonderful views, wit ha short walk to the main part of town.

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View - Annex

Couldn't recommend this venue more

• Standard Double Room with Sea View - Attic

Great sea view and excellent service from the friendly staff

• Standard Double Room with Sea View - Attic

Long walk to and from the centro and beach.

Great view from the hotel and the balcony in our room

• Standard Double Room with Sea View - Attic

It was my birthday 🎉 so I received from the staff a bottle of proseco. Nice if you go with your dog. Lovely view for breakfast.

🤷‍♀️

Verry Nice pepole , hotel super

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View - Annex

Wifi wasn't great and intermittent

Excellent location, beautiful views and rooms

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View - Annex

The location, the view, great breakfast, friendly and very helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Suite with Sea View

This place is is a little jewel.

Nothing you could fault. Top of the tops.