Reviews of Hotel Villa Madruzzo 4 stars

Via Ponte Alto 26, 38121 Trento, Italy

#2 of 24 hotels in Trento

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Exemplar property; comfort ++

The gym was limited and there are no free weights and only machines. The sensor light above the bar fridge was annoying and had to be turned off as everytime we moved in the room it went off.

The breakfast was the best I’ve ever had. The staff quirky and fun and really committed to our comfort. Overall very responsive to our needs and very flexible attitudes.

Luxury and grace
    • Classic Double Room

Access a bit tricky. Restaurant good, but menu not as special as you might expect

Spacious and every comfort you could wish for. Friendly and attentive staff

My 5th time to stay at Hotel Villa MADRUZZO .Great staff super location execellent hotel

NOT STAYING LONGER

GREAT LOCATION PRIVATE PARKING WITH GARAGE VERY COMFORTABLE ROOM EASY ACCESS FROM GARAGE FOR LUGGAGE . VERY HELPFULL STAFF.GREAT FOOD IN RESTURANT . SPA FACILITIES GREAT NICE POOL .l WISH I HAD A LONGER STAY LOOKING FORWARD TO RETURNING .

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Amazing spa hotel
    • Double Room - Attic

Everything was wonderful, the staff, the bedroom in the attic(only the 2nd floor!), the breakfast was amazing, the restaurant had wonderful food and the spa area was perfect.

Excellent hotel

Swimming pool not available for our son when we arrived. Kids are allowed in the pool during timeslot 12:00- 15:00h.

Location location, great dinner and wines

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Perfect getaway

Absolutely loved the location. My room had a view of the mountains, vineyards, and the town. The hotel has dinner in the garden which was delicious and very reasonably priced.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Very enjoyable
    • Classic Double Room

Far from city center and car is needed to get around.

beautiful facility and inspiring view from everywhere. Excellent breakfast. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Wonderful views, very welcoming staff, best breakfast buffet we've ever had. Fantastic!

The light switches in the room were complicated! I ended up unplugging a couple of the lamps because I couldn't figure out how to use them - but a very minor complaint!

The hotel was magnificent! We were given a free upgrade to a junior suite that had three balconies, including one huge one with two sun loungers and a table with two chairs and beautiful views over the valley screened by trees that gave complete privacy. The bath room was lovely and the beds were comfortable. I will definitely try to revisit this hotel for a longer stay. The spa area was sparkling and luxurious, and just 5 euros per day to use. Amazing!

This is like my 5th time in this hotel.

I could feel the mattress cover which was not confortable, but I let them know and they changed it immediately. Very kind personnel.

This is like my 5th time in this hotel. It is far from Trento but that is what I like. It is far enough but not so far, and one enjoys the views from the amazing dolomites closer.

Perfectly pleasant
    • Classic Double Room

View from my room was fantastic! The breakfast buffet and staff service was super! The dinner at restaurant was very good. Great staff very friendly and helpful

A charming place, beautiful moutain landscape, with excellent level of service and restauration.
    • Double Room with Balcony - New Building single use

Nothing, except maybe the parking, which is abit too small, and lacks space.

Excellent Hotel, very quiet and comfortable (new extension) Level of service is top level, as well of restaurant.

Every time I go the hotel is just perfect.
    • Classic Single Room

Every time I go the hotel is just perfect. Staff is amazing, great management and customer service. Spa is lovely too. An amazing and very highly recommended alternative to the busier city centre. Spectacular views from rooms and dining rooms.

Amazing place!
    • Superior Double Room Single use

Everything! The atmosphere at the hotel is always pleasant and at this time of the year is simply the most fantastic place to spend the holidays at. The lovely surroundings along with the excellent service and exceptional regional food (with bonus festive options on the menu!) truly made my stay unforgettable!

Highly recommended
    • Double Room - Attic

Restaurant is of a high standard, breakfast is great, staff are attentive and very helpful, lovely to sit under the trees and enjoy a drink or coffee, attic rooms are very atmospheric

Not meeting expectations - Pool & sauna rules + restaurant food
    • Double Room - Attic

- How the property is managed: EUR 6,- charge per person for use of wellness area (sauna & pool) - Children are not allowed to the pool after 3 p.m. - Wellness area in general closed and needs extra permission payment, keys etc. to enter - Taste of restaurant food is bad and low quality - canned ingredients instead of fresh. By far better dinning options outside in Trient - First room offered was cold and unacceptable (dusty, cold, dark...)

- Friendliness of staff

Very nice place, with beautiful garden.
    • Classic Single Room

I booked the hotel with a restaurant, but when I came the restaurant were fully booked for a party, so had to eat in my room. A bit disappointing, but food was ok.

Very nice place, with beautiful garden. Staff very friendly and helpsome. Will come back :)

The new area of rooms is a bit weird.
    • Double Room with Balcony - New Building

The new area of rooms is a bit weird. There's no real atmosphere there as there is in the "old" section. However the view from our room in floor -1 was nice!

Muhteşem yemekleri var kesinlikle akşam yemeklerinin birini...

Location was ok for us but if you don't have a car . It will be so difficult for you

Muhteşem yemekleri var kesinlikle akşam yemeklerinin birini otelde değerlendirmelisiniz. You should have one of your diner here. Its perfect. Rooms are very clear and enough for two people. Bathroom little small with reference to rooms. Personal was great and very helpful. Specially Natalie . We don't like ours room and they changed immediately with no question. Spa was great very clean and quiet

Would have been perfect if we had a quiet room
    • Double Room - Attic

That cars were parked right in front of the ground floor rooms. People getting in and out were rather noisy throughout the night. Plus someone started his car directly under our noses and left the engine running for more than five minutes prior to 6 a.m. on a Sunday morning (thanks a lot, mate!)

Very friendly personnel, nice decor, excellent beds. We could choose between an attic room (decor somewhat dated, no real windows except a skylight, tiny shower) and a ground floor room in the newer section (small outside sitting area, nice decor, good sized shower)

A wonderful hotel, excellent service, and most amazing - an...
    • Classic Double Room

A wonderful hotel, excellent service, and most amazing - an extraordinary restaurant with excellent food and service at the highest level. I advise everyone to visit Villa Madruzo

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

We came early afternoon and staff realized we had two small...

We came early afternoon and staff realized we had two small children. For the same rate they have upgraded us to a lovely suite (which was eventually available). Breakfast was such a rich spread!

Have stayed at this hotel many times and it's always...
    • Double Room - Attic single use

Have stayed at this hotel many times and it's always amazing. It's just incredible how the owners keep investing in improving facilities for the hotel's guests. It's a unique place, and an example of top entrepreneurship and high class hospitality. Well done!!

A quality, relaxing experience in a beautiful historic building
    • Classic Double Room

It was a bit too hot in the room and the ac wasn't very effective. I also would have liked more services in the wellness area.

The location was very calm and relaxing, the staff was extremely nice and the room had a beautiful little balcony with comfortable chairs -- perfect for spending some time. Breakfast was plentiful and with excellent products.

My complaint was dealt with to me satisfaction.
    • Classic Single Room

I noticed before my meal that the water in the bathroom sink run very slow, but I managed to wash my hands. Never thought to check the shower operation. The following morning I stripped off and got in the shower, it did not work at all and I also noticed a fitting had come away and a steel spring was showing. I knew this to be the stop, to prevent people getting burned if they are not paying attention. However, I could not shower, or shave as not enough hot water at the sink. Bit the bullet as I needed to get on my way. Went down for breakfast but first reported my findings. I was offered to use another room to shower and shave, but I was already dressed and had my luggage in the car. I explained that surely a cleaning person checks shower and sink water operation, so why was I given this room? More apologies so I advised them to think about it and after breakfast they can tell me what decision they had come to. In fact they deleted the meal charges that stood at Euro 41.85 and just charged me for the room.This was obviously very acceptable and very much better than I thought would be offered. I hope they have learnt to train their cleaning staff better, I have certainly learnt to check everything in rooms in the future is working before dumping my belongings in to it. All said, an acceptable outcome.

I was offered a choice of rooms, one in the main hotel and the other in built on Motel style accommodation. As I was only staying one night, it was easier to take the room near to reception. I was taken and shown the room and it was fine, I accepted the hotel would not give me a room with faulty facilities. I also liked the idea of a restaurant on site, which I used and although expensive it offered value for money. The service was excellent.

What a place! Perfect hotel and staff
    • Classic Single Room

Everything was perfect, from the amazing landscapes to the extra rich breakfast and professionality of waiting and reception staff. A must visit if you're in the north of Italy. And value for money is just incredible!

Sophisticated hotel with beautiful gardens and views

The €5 charge for the pool / wellness area seems unnecessary at this price-point. Trento centre isn't walkable from the hotel, but taxis are easy and cost around €10-12

Beautiful grounds and good views across the city and the mountains beyond. Very good breakfast - although more hot options would help. Excellent rooms and particularly fair prices on the mini-bar: the best I've ever seen. The Trentino region discount card isn't a nice touch also.

It's an experience, not just a stay in a hotel
    • Classic Double Room

We had a perfect time for 4 days, we booked an extra day and informed our friends who were in Austria to come to our hotel, because they suffered bad wearher in Austria. They were as enthousiastic as we were and booked also for 2 nights. The restaurant is realy a party, as well the breakfast as the diner. Very nice people and we had diner every evening and it was with one word perfect. I travel almost 20 weeks for my job and stay in many nice hotels from Scandinavia to Monaco, this hotel is absolutely my favorit!!

Wonderful hotel for a relaxing break with friendly staff and excellent food
    • Double Room - Attic

This is an ideal hotel for a relaxing break. It has a wonderful location above the town of Trento. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was excellent with great choice. Dinner at the hotel had an excellent array of dishes. The hotel has a very relaxing spa area.

the views from the room were great and the rooms were very...
    • Double Room - Attic single use

the main site of the building wasnt as nice as the rooms - and there was no bacon, sausage etc offered at breakfast just cold stuff - yet i paid £70 for 1 night

the views from the room were great and the rooms were very nice - overall a nice clean comfortable hotel with a nice feel

Villa Madruzzo: A destination in itself.

Not a complaint, but the hotel is not particularly convenient to Trento. Transportation into town might have been available, but we were content just to enjoy the peaceful setting.

The hotel is located in a beautiful setting surrounded by vineyards. There was a large seating area outside under the trees which was perfect for an afternoon glass of wine. Dinner in the restaurant was outstanding and the breakfasts were elaborate - VERY elaborate!

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

every thing was as it should be great place i loved it .
    • Classic Single Room

i booked a room throw booking application with garden view and i waked up morning find my self stuck in small balakoon on small street side .so advice who book there should book on garden side its amazing natural .

every thing was as it should be great place i loved it .

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Great hotel for Trento stay
    • Classic Double Room

On first night we ran out of toilet paper. Looked for an extra roll but none there. Luckily we had a spare of our own.

The property was in a beautiful location and it was fairly easy to drive and park in Trento. We enjoyed the restaurant which serves excellent well priced meals.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

I would recommend it
    • Classic Double Room

- not too much space in shower cab.

- very helpful and nice staff; - excellent breakfast; - very nice restaurant with good service; - comfortable bed; - cozy but not too private balcony; - nice view.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Brilliant stay.
    • Classic Double Room

Hard to find any faults here but it is a bit outside of Trento which could be an issue for people without a car.

Loved the spa at the hotel. Outdoor hot tub had a stunning view.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

Great breakfasts (all variety of food available), buildings...
    • Classic Single Room

It is not located in the city center (I knew it before. Buses are available). It would be nice if swimming pool would be open longer hours.

Great breakfasts (all variety of food available), buildings are very nice. I have received a special card: free bus pass and access to museums in Trento. Helpful staff. Wi fi working well.

Perfection
    • Classic Single Room

I liked everything - nothing to find fault with

Everything - the beautiful location in the mountains - but easy access by public transport - the enchanting gardens - the harmonious blend of old and new, the sumptuous public areas full of life and personal touches - the supremely comfortable and elegant bedrooms - the breakfast - and the wonderfully warm, naturally charming and helpful staff. One of the best hotels I've stayed in - I hope to return.

Enjoyable stay.
    • Classic Double Room

Toiletries could be upgraded (e.g. no body lotion nor vanity set), and a couple more towels would have been welcome (we had a full set of three towels each, but with a toilet separate from the bathroom an extra pair of hand towels would have been useful). Had we not been upgraded, value for money would have been rather poor.

We were upgraded to the "Belvedere" rooms, which seemed recently refurbished, and were very nicely appointed, with a lovely private terrace, furnished with a table and two chairs. Breakfast is varied and generous, with good quality ingredients. Plenty of fresh fruits, cereals, home made cakes as well as yogurts, pastry, juices (including "squeeze your own orange"), and omelettes made for you on the spot.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Stunning and Historical Hotel
    • Double Room with Balcony - New Building

Lovely setting and views. Corridor with fascinating information about council of Trent. Staff fantastic. Restaurant had excellent food surpassed only by the service. One of our favorite hotels of all time. Count Madruzzo would have been proud.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

Great relaxing break. Perfect short stay.

Pedicure very basic (Did not include foot massage).

Fabulous breakfast. Balcony views. Pool & spa area very relaxing. Staff very obliging. Nothing was a problem. Very accommodating to our young children. Relaxed atmosphere.

Best hotel!
    • Double Room - Attic single use

Fantastic location, amazing views. Breakfast is over the top. There's just no better place to visit if you wish to feel pampered. And prices are also more than reasonable. Best place ever.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Comfortable,relaxed and friendly hotel
    • Classic Double Room

Would not accept an interconnecting room on our next visit.We had problems with loud and inconsiderate guests in adjoining room one night.We contacted the night staff who made a phone call to the room ,which was unanswered even though the room was occupied.

We liked the hospitality,quality of the food,the friendliness and helpfullness of all the staff especially due to our limited Italian vocabulary.Your hotel was well recommended to us by a member of our family.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

The last morning I stayed there I found a rat in my room.
    • Classic Single Room

The last morning I stayed there I found a rat in my room. It entered from the window during the night. I really don't like the way the staff managed the situation. Nobody say anything to me to say sorry.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

We have stayed here a few times now and the staff has always...
    • Classic Double Room

We have stayed here a few times now and the staff has always been great and the palce confortable. The resturant is excellent

Beautiful property.
    • Classic Double Room

Beautiful property. Very helpful staff.

Always perfect
    • Double Room - Attic single use

Everything, from breakfast to spa. This is really a paradise

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Best hotel in Trento
    • Classic Double Room

Excellent restaurant. Great morning buffet Exceptional staff and services. AIR CONDITIONING !!

The propriety is fantastic
    • Double Room - Attic single use

Location a bit far away from Trento downtown

The propriety is fantastic

One nite stay but awesome!

Food and bar!

upgraded on arrival to dual aspect room with fabulous...
    • Double Room - Attic single use

difficult terrain to get to the bus buthotel refused assistance with bags

upgraded on arrival to dual aspect room with fabulous mountain views

Well, if you like Visconti.
    • Classic Double Room

Well, if you like Visconti...

Excellent stay as always . I’m in Trento every few months and always stay there
    • Double Room - Attic single use

Staff are just so good at their jobs , nothing is any trouble .

everything is comfy.
    • Classic Single Room

standard pillows provided are not so good.

everything is comfy.

Excellent staff, lovely rooms

Excellent staff, lovely rooms

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Everything was truly fantastic.
    • Classic Single Room

Everything was truly fantastic... from spa to restaurant. A gem in Trentino, would definitely recommend it! Looking forward to my next stay!

Perfect
    • Classic Single Room

Fantastic hotel middle of beautiful Trento mountains and has swimming pool, great dishes.

• Classic Double Room

Beautiful hotel, but a little bit far from the city.
    • Classic Double Room Single Use

far way from the city and a little bit old. the facilities were far from the room.

Excellent.
    • Double Room with Balcony - New Building

Excellent. Truly value for money.

Very good breakfast and restaurant.
    • Classic Single Room

Very good breakfast and restaurant. Nice location with a pleasant, wide garden

Excellent service and very beautifoul spa.
    • Classic Double Room

Excellent service and very beautifoul spa...

Earlier departure was no problem.

Earlier departure was no problem.

Amazing team, attentive, with a touch of Italian charm.
    • Classic Double Room

Amazing team, attentive, with a touch of Italian charm. Nicely renovated rooms and bathroom. Super view on the mountains, plus a very cosy garden.

Wonderful

Friendly staff, delicious food, perfect

wonderful place
    • Double Room with Balcony - New Building

beautiful hotel, excellent staff. very good breakfast .comfortable bed . beautiful view from the room. very pleasant hotel.

Va visitato

Cortesia efficienza

Excellent motel
    • Double Room - Attic

Having to pay extra for pool usage

The overall facilities were great

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

The location, the amenities

The location, the amenities

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Excellent place and staff, the vicinity is beautiful

Excellent place and staff, the vicinity is beautiful

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Our second visit and we love it.
    • Classic Double Room

great breakfast and staff are very friendly. Rooms well appointed and spa is great.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

I really like the place and wish to return to this hotel

none

staff, location, cleanliness, and good food

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

Nice and comfy place in Trento
    • Classic Single Room

The whole villa and facilities

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Best Luxury in Trento

Everything was the best

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Just brilliant!
    • Classic Double Room

all the food, the staff and the rooms, but the place is run so well and efficient and friendly.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Everything is excellent!
    • Classic Double Room Single Use

We had a fantastic stay, excellent service and facilities