Reviews of Hotel Villa Rosa 3 stars

Via Giovanni Prati 1, Trastevere, 00152 Rome, Italy

#619 of 921 hotels in Rome

Based on 2049 hotel reviews

Smart, clean modern hotel in good position.Good value for money.

Some rooms may be a bit noisy but its in a a city location! Great small hotel.

Excellant reception staff at all times. Good English and nothing too much trouble. Good area to catch a tram to all the sights.

A quiet escape from the business of Roma.

The breakfast ended a bit too early.

Extremely clean rooms with a pleasant staff that were very helpful and friendly. Very close to the bus, tram, and train stations. Not far from great restaurants if you want to walk and experience Rome. Close to the river so a nice walk on the river was very easy.

Good breakfast
    • Double or Twin Room

Location was out of the area of Trastevere. Trams were available close by. The hotel location was surrounded by rubbish and graffiti. Not a very pleasant area to stay.

Good breakfast

Excellent stay, friendly staff and a nice bar with terrace.

Close to many restaurants and the time to many attractions was close. You can take the train, tram, or metro easily with the main station not even 5 minutes away by foot.

Fantastic service
    • Double or Twin Room

Location great close to Trastevere station, fantastic breakfast, close to tram stop witch takes you to centre of Rome or to historic Trastevere, very clean great service. John & Egidia Nave

The staff were extremely helpful especially when our flights...
    • Double or Twin Room

More variety of fruit at breakfast would have been good.

The staff were extremely helpful especially when our flights got cancelled and we had to get their help in printing passes etc. I left my glasses behind in the rush and they have posted them to me - 10* for Villa Rosa!

Leaving
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff..location ( was v hard to find )...pathetically miniscule shower cubicle ( a voluptuous woman would have parts of her anatomy removed , as she had to slide in sideways ); NO fridges in WHOLE building !

Leaving

Very nice hotel.

Very nice hotel. Rooms and bathrooms are spacious and beds were comfortable. Very easy access to the 8 line train and the Trastevere Train station, so it is easy to get to the city center from here. Close walk to the quaint neighborhood of Trastevere, where there are many great restaurants. Generous breakfast in the morning.

Clean, basic accommodation, convenient by tram to key cultural sites

I booked last minute so had only a tiny single room as an option, this is not the fault of Villa Rossi, but compared with other stays throughout Italy and Rome at the same price it didn't really compare well. Atmosphere definitely lacking. If you like the B&B style this is more like a hotel. On an aside, I was recommended to stay in Trastevere when coming to Rome but when asking for public transport directions from villa Rossi prior to arriving I did not receive a response which ended up making life a bit difficult. FYI, I find the Rome metro to be a bit confusing (they need a good tube map and good signage in Roma Termini (like London has), I asked station staff who were difficult to find on a Saturday night and who inexplicably told me a long way to get there by train and train when in fact it's actually only 4 stops away but not via the metro. Instead I got a metro train then tram and after a very long days journey with delays and being tired and carrying a heavy bag, this added an extra hour to my trip. This could easily have been resolved if reception had've taken the two minutes to email me which train line and would have saved me a lot of time and energy late on a Saturday night when I really wasn't sure about directions and safety etc. Instead of any sense of being apologetic upon arrival, tried to blame it on the website (which wasn't the case) and the attitude was more like "Well you're here now". so that set the tone for my experience of the staff, and didn't really make me feel like a valued customer!

It was pretty convenient for 2 nights, I liked being close to tram and train and bus stops. Clean, convenient and upon checkin was given guidance at reception on how to get around to all the sights.

Pleasant stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was pleasant enough but more choice of fruit especially tomatoes would be nice. Bed a little too firm for me but slept fine because we walked so much.

The terrace was lovely. Clean sheets and towels every day. Staff helpful. Bar prices very reasonable. Close to tram and train station although there are approx 45 steps down to the main road to get there, this was not an issue. I thought Villa Rosa is in a good location we saw much of Trastavere area walking into central Rome from here.

Absolutely perfect!

Everything was perfect.

The position is very comfortable: if you arrive to Fiumicino, you may take the direct train (treno regionale) which brings you to Trastevere station in 27 minutes. That station is 300 metres from the hotel. Very comfortable the bus station - 170 - which is also just a few minutes far from the hotel. It takes you to University Roma Tre - very comfortable and easy to reach it! The room has everything you need and it is cleaned every day. The breakfast is continental but also fresh croassants and other sweet things, practically for everybody. The staff is very kind so I recommend this hotel to everyone. I will certainly be back, quality vs.price is excellent! Highly recommended! Thank you staff!

The hotel is very clean, and is a good base of operation to get to and from Rome

I don’t speak Italian!

The breakfast was bigger than we expected though there was no eggs offered. The staff spoke English And was always helpful. The air conditione was not as strong as we like but the outside temperature was cool so we just opened the window. The local train 2 blocks away and it accessed the metro stations,so we purchased a 2day bus, metro, train pass and moved around Rome very quickly. The only draw back is walking in the imidiate area around the hotel is a little dirty, but we felt safe. There are small stores and various eateries close by. We enjoyed our stay!

Great location with excellent access to public transit.
    • Double or Twin Room

My room was comfortable but very basic. It may not be the right place for a traveler used to a more polished experience.

Great location with quick access to Trams 3 & 8, buses, and regional trains - including a direct trains to Roma Termini and to FCO. There were a number of cafes and bars, which were more locally focused with friendly staff, within walking distance. Two to note were Shabby Bistrot and Luppolo Station. The hotel staff was friendly, gracious and helpful. I did not eat at the restaurant, however the food looked good and they were starting a seasonal dinner service while I was there. The neighborhood does have a bit of an edge, however safety was never a concern.

The room!
    • Double or Twin Room

Some areas close to the property were a little sketchy.

The room! It was spacious and we had a bathtub! The staff was amazing, especially the older gentleman working Sunday night, very helpful printing boarding passes!

Okay not great. Staff at front desk lazy
    • Double or Twin Room

Arrived at 1:00pm was told the room was ready but they wanted 10 Euros because check in was 2:00pm. Never heard of such a ridiculous and unhelpful charge in my life. Also the bar at nighttime was not opened and and the front desk staff were sitting doing nothing and wouldn’t serve a drink. They advertised a balcony and we traveled home to enjoy the balcony but won’t sell you a beer or a wine to enjoy it. It was only bottled beer no no real problem. Silly rules ungrateful staff.

To expensive for what I got

The facilities could be better. We asked for an extra pillow, twice. The beds are awful, extremely uncomfortable. The breakfast poor. To expensive for I got.

The personal is very nice

5.5
    We had ordered soft mattresses and a room with bath tub.
    • Double or Twin Room

We had ordered soft mattresses and a room with bath tub. We got a room with only a shower and beds with stone hard mattresses. The hotel were not able to give us softer beds. Very bad.

The hotel was a very good choice for location, price, comfort and friendliness.
    • Double or Twin Room

Decor in the room was a bit outdated but we could live with that (but I think that some other rooms looked a bit more modern). Main improvement needed: the bathroom! Toilet felt like a perch (very high) and strange shape (seemed too small and round). Shower - takes 20min for it to heat up properly and the shower head should be changed for better water flow. Down in the main road would recommend better signage to guide customers up the stairs to the hotel. Lastly, rubbish can pile up a bit in Rome. This is not really the hotel's fault or problem but would recommend to clear any rubbish seen close to the entrance.

Location was great as near to trams with easy access to the sites. Staff very friendly. Lovely bar at the reception area that was comfortable and nice to sit at and have a few drinks (very reasonably priced as well). Decor in the bar area done well. Bedroom clean and comfortable. Breakfast was great as well - fresh rolls, cold meats, cheese etc. and pastries.

Excellent value for the money and quality!
    • Double or Twin Room

Long walk to main part of Trastevere... and most of the walk was along the main traffic road with lots of cars.

Loved the extensive breakfast that came with staying at the hotel. All the staff were very friendly and welcoming.

Not good at all.
    • Double or Twin Room

The rooms were extremely small even by European standards. There was barely room to fit a suitcase. The rooms smelled of stale cigarette smoke. The hotel was run down and shabby and the rooms were really dark, dingy and small. The staff was as helpful as possible given what they had to work with. This was not how the hotel appeared on this website. Extremely disappointed and do not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Excellent location close to tram (no 8) or train (Trastevere...
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was small and poky (although the bathroom was fine). To be fair, this might be because the room rate was such a good deal that we got the 'budget room'.

Excellent location close to tram (no 8) or train (Trastevere Stn) into central Rome (15/20 mins) and a 15 minute evening stroll across the Tiber to the authentic restaurants of Testaccio. Also, breakfast was terrific.

Very nice hotel and very good location and wonderful city of rome
    • Economy Double Room

You have to pay 4 euros for each tourist ( new law in Italy ) and if you have huge suitcases you will suffer in the stairs near the hotel ( me myself I took a taxi )

The hotel is near to everything you can get to it by taxi for 35 euros or by train for 8 euros and it's very near to the city of Rome where you can have a real fun just for 1.5 euros by tramway and there is a near shop if you need any thing ... it's just very good location

Unpleasant experience! :((
    • Double or Twin Room

This hotel is the most unpleasant experience I've had on a trip. The rooms are very small, the beds are uncomfortable, the heating is done with a very old air conditioner that does not work, the furniture is old and for the night are only two old blankets.

The hotel looks nice from the outside.

The staff was friendly.

The single room on the second floor is tiny and definitely cries for renovation. Had to wait two minutes till hot water finally started to come out from the shower. Very bad soundproofing, heard my neighbor singing and watching TV. The bad as well as the bathroom did not seem well cleaned. The wafer towel is not the best solution for a bathroom.

The staff was friendly. The breakfast is pretty reach (by italian standards). The bar and restaurant in the hotel are affordable.

A comfortable enough stay on a small budget

Unfortunately my father in law was pickpocketed on the Number 8 tram during our stay - by a very cunning team of people. Doesn't reflect on the hotel but worth mentioning as you're likely to use that transport if you stay at the Villa Rosa. Also, I would have liked a kettle in the room to make tea. My in laws hated the bed in their room and said they could feel the springs digging into them - but in my room the bed was fine.

Staff were really lovely and helpful, and for the bargain price it was certainly a decent enough hotel, I felt it was good value for money, I've paid a lot more to stay in much worse places! Breakfast was a nice inclusion.

An unexpected blessing.

The shower was very small so wouldn't recommend it for large people. (Not that I am large - the shower is rather small.)

The location was very handy for coming from the airport as it is on the main line between Fiumicino and Roma Termini. The man at reception was extremely helpful and friendly. He told us (in very good English) where to have dinner and the dinner was excellent - a Sardinian restaurant not far away. When I locked myself out of my room they called up to have a room-cleaner unlock it for me, and she was there before me. The Wifi functioned perfectly.

Superb place to stay
    • Double or Twin Room

room 107 was too noisy at night, where the void above the window (void of the non existing blind) was not insulated. This would raise the quality of the room with a massive deal.

I loved the location, friendly staff, good breakfast and comfy room. Clean rooms, clean corridors and professional cleaning staff.

Would encourage no one to stay there.

Was surprised to pay extra when I arrived to the hotel some "government tax" and they haven't said that prior to my arrival. Also they asked me to pay extra €20 if I want to check in at 1 pm instead of 2 pm, even though I emailed them before my arrival and they said it's approved early check in and no one mentioned the extra money I was asked to pay. The receptionists are no help at all for tourists and they have a weird policy were guests have to leave their keys before exiting the hotel which I found very weird because it's very easy for anyone to get access to any key from the lobby. What's more is that I was staying in a single room, and they refused to let my local friend come to my room at 4 pm to help me with some stuff on my laptop, so we had to sit in the lobby together which was embarrassing because I invited her over

Clean room but super tiny

Value for money hotel in a great location !

Location in a brilliant spot with easy access to trains and trams to the centre of Rome. The staff helpful , informative and a willingness to assist. The breakfast is extensive , fresh and with brilliant pastry selection. I would happily recommend and stay at Villa Rosa on my next visit to Rome.

The room is very nice and cozy.
    • Double or Twin Room

The room is very nice and cozy. The bathroom is so spacious and clean. The breakfast buffet is the typical Italian breakfast. The staffs were accommodating and really helpful. We are going to come back here for sure.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Budget location conveniently located.

The rooms were tiny, but that was to be expected. I had apparently chosen a booking that didn't include breakfast, so be aware of that.

I chose this apartment as it was right next to the train station and I was exhausted. From this perspective, the location was perfect. The front desk service was friendly and professional.

The hotel arranged our transfer from the airport for 55€.
    • Economy Double Room

The hotel arranged our transfer from the airport for 55€. We arrived to the hotel after midnight. 24h reception. Good breakfast. It was very cold weather but warm and cosy inside.

Cheap but reaks of smoke
    • Double or Twin Room

Whole hotel reaked of smoke including my room. It is rated 3 stars but poorly maintained. Could use a paint job. Beds extremely hard and uncomfortable. Did not have hot water in ththe shower until the water had run full blast for a minimum of 20 mins. Not exaggerating it was lukewarm for at least twenty minutes. Not ideal in the winter. In summer when it is hot it could pass.

The breakfast was moderate a simple and basic cold buffet but items were plentiful and coffee was good. Location is convenient when travelling by train because close to Trastevere station. Bathroom seemed updated. Fairly quiet.

Nice and clean place close to Trastevere train station.
    • Economy Double Room

The bed was not very comfortable. If you arrive by train and have heavy suitcases you have to know that there are stairs that you have to take to get to the hotel.

Nice and clean place close to Trastevere train station. You can take the tram almost outside the hotel and be in Piazza Venezia in 20 minutes or in Trastevere in 10 minutes. Breakfast is ok and staff very helpfull.

Access to public transport such as train, trams and buses,...
    • Economy Double Room

The bathroom too small and the towels fabric not very good quality.

Access to public transport such as train, trams and buses, very convenient. And close to shops and fast food.

We'd stay again.
    • Economy Double Room

Shower drain could be cleaned.

1 night stay before flying out of Fiumicino airport. Hotel is very close to train station, easy walk to catch regional train to airport 27 min. Very nice that the staff gave us bag breakfast as we left early in morning. Shower drain was slow. Our room facing the street was a little noisy during early evening, but quiet in the middle of night. Not that close to main part of Trastevere restaurant area

Nice enough hotel but a long way out. It's ok though as the termini tram stop was close.
    • Economy Double Room

The bar was practically a waste of time. No gin, no Barcardi, No whiskey. To me these are just basic drinks around the world. There were no bar staff and you had to wait for them to find a member of staff to help you. Once they arrived they were very pleasant. Unfortunately the week we stayed they had a problem with their internet so we had no wifi until our very last day.

The rooms were spotless and the bed was very comfy.

This facility doesn't deserve three stars. In fact, no stars.
    • Double or Twin Room

The rooms are small, the beds too nârrow and uncomfortable

Changing from a noisy room ovérlooking traffic, to a quieter room We were met at the airport by a driver.sent by the hotel.

Villa Rosa to explore Roma

The staff were very warm and welcoming. A lovely atmosphere at the hotel. All staff were friendly and very helpful with all requests for directions/information etc. A fabulous location with great transport links to all the beautiful sights of this wonderful city.

Very disappointed

We chose Economy Double room which was an error - ridiculously small. May suit a business traveller without luggage for 1 night. Check-in staff understanding and sympathetic, with awareness room was too small for a couple with luggage. Bathroom door sticking gave way suddenly causing door to open in a rush, rebounding off bidet - door cannot open without crashing in to bidet. There was a small step up to bathroom with no signage or markings, so I tripped into bathroom and now sport a large bruise on my arm due to bathroom door handle/door rebounding off bidet.

Location - easy access to nearby shops (down a flight of stairs) and number 8 tram. Excellent staff - very helpful

Disappointing. Try to stay away.
    • Economy Double Room

Dirty, old and outdated. The rooms were very small. The bathroom sink wasn't only leaking, it was just pouring through a hole to the trash bin below it. Very disappointing. We stayed for a little less in a lovely boutique hotel just a few blocks away.

There was nothing good about this place.

Located right next to the Trastevere train station and trams...
    • Double or Twin Room

Located right next to the Trastevere train station and trams, meaning that it's in a very good location to get into Rome's city center. The hotel itself is nicely decorated and very clean.

Beautiful hitel
    • Double or Twin Room

Our view was of the back yard where they stored old building materials. Shower was small. The area is very isolated. We didn't feel safe out after dark

Beautiful hotel. Amazing decor. Breakfast was huge. A good dinner for €18. Close to trains and teams.

You get what you pay for. I like the location. Good walk to Trastevere

Breakfast a little boring after three days. Breads never seemed fresh. Coffee not my favorite.

Good location close to train station and public transportation

A very pleasant experience
    • Double or Twin Room

The shower is very small, it was not to comfortable I could barely turn around.

The staff was great and very helpful with all my questions, always had a smile on their faces.

Don't even think about it.
    • Economy Double Room

The location was the worst thing. Trastevere may be attractive for some people but even if you are considering this hotel for Trastevere's nightlife opportunities, know that it's very far away from the center. With the tram it takes at least 15 minutes. Besides being too far away from the center and the feeling that you're in Rome, the neighborhood is also eerie. I was spooked out whenever we walked to the hotel. The smell of piss everywhere, bikes stolen from their locked posts and spooky people around, no thanks... Unlike the photos online, the room was a one person room posed as a two people room with a double bed which filled up the entire room. One side of the bed was pushed to the wall and that's not something I want to experience in a hotel. If you can't cover a cost with the money I'm paying, then don't. Sell a bigger room for more money and your guests would leave happier. The bathroom was also very small with hardly any place left for your legs when you sit on the toilet. The breakfast was very bad with very narrow alternatives and with nothing salty to eat. To top all of these, I know that somebody from the hotel will defend themselves here, bashing my comment. The employees were not helpful and not hospitable. We went to the hotel a bit earlier than the checkin time and they told us that we're in room #bla but it wasn't clean yet. We went out exploring around the hotel for breakfast (a traumatizing experience) and came backafter 1,5 hours and we still couldn't check in. If we were anywhere else and if the room was dirty, the room would be prioritized and cleaned. If the room wasn't available yet because the guests didn't check out yet, we would be given another room! I would be glad even if they wanted it tried to help us and couldn't but no, they just didn't even try to help.

The ability to leave your luggage at a locked room was a nice touch.

Overall, it was a decent stay but would not go back.
    • Economy Double Room

Our lights didn't work when we arrived, we informed the staff and they told us it would be fixed. It appeared fixed when we returned hours later but the lights flickered constantly when we turned them off, so each night we had to take the lightbulb out of the lamp in order to sleep. The room was absolutely tiny. Could be priced cheaper for what it is.

The tram runs right outside the hotel which takes you directly to the city centre. Wifi connection was always good.AC was nice.

Staff is really nice and helpful, public transport is close...
    • Quadruple Room

Ants in room, AC stopped working last day, location is sketchy at best, don't bother with breakfast.

Staff is really nice and helpful, public transport is close and easy to access.

Staff is very friendly and helpful, breakfast is delicious...
    • Double or Twin Room

To access the short way to go to the hotel you should climb a big stair. I think it could be a problem for people with disabilities, but there´s another way by feet or by car without stairs ;)

Staff is very friendly and helpful, breakfast is delicious and location is near to historic district (you should take a bus from the hotel to there, but bus, train and tram stations are very near to the hotel). There´re lots of restaurants, supermarkets, pharmacy, etc, near the hotel. It´s a residencial area and well served by public transports and with commerce and services.

Avoid this hotel, there's many others hotel near by, that can offer a much better price-quality deal

Reservation - when i made the booking, it showed me pictures with a nice room. Instead of taking that room, i got a small, dark, with old and deteriorated furniture Personal - when i've arrive i've asked them to make a invoice on the company. They said first that is not possible, that the invoice was already made on my personal details. After i've insist they agree to make a new invoice, as i asked; - i left the hotel right after i've made the check in and because i was in a big hurry, i didn't mentioned anything about the room. I've mentioned when i've returned, when there was a new receptionist. He said that only the manager can take care of it, which wasn't there at the time. He also had a very wrong attitude, he looks disturbed because of my request. Also, he's english was pretty bad, almost at all; - i made the check out in a hurry, because i had a plane to catch. I've almost walked out of the hotel and the receptionist screamed at me, that i have to pay the city taxe. I've asked him why we didn't mentioned anything about it while i was there, or why he didn't put it on the invoice. He replied me with somenthing in italian, he might swore me The room - the room was very, very small, had a small bad (around 1.9 x 0.8 m), had a menu for mini bar, but no mini bar in it, the furinure was old and deteriorated, the bathroom had old and deteriorated furniture (you can see the pictures attached), the only towel had the dimensions of a baby towel. I've asked for a new one to the receptionist, but nobody bother to bring it.

The only good part about this acomodation, is the position, 5 min walk from the Trastevere train station.

Family of 4 Adults staying at Hotel Villa Rosa for short break

Rooms a little bit tired, showers very small and towels not very good for getting dried with. Booked 3 rooms and did ask for them to be as close together as possible but one was on different floor - maybe that was all that was available when we booked?

Friendly, helpful, English speaking staff and cleanliness of rooms. Hotel not very central to main sights of Rome but is very convenient for trams and Trastevere Station which are very good value for money.

An excellent basic hotel, in a very useful location, with first class staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

We found it difficult to learn how to operate the remote temperature control. No instructions were available. Yes, of course, I should have asked.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Good basic functions at an excellent price. Only five minutes from a station that connects directly to the main airport. Only a few minutes from a tram station that will connect you with just about anywhere in the city, and to a wide range of restaurants.

Value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

Certainly value for money and you can't beat the short distance to the train station and the convenience of the tram connecting the hotel to the centre of where you need to be. Great coffee for breakfast and lovely pastries too!

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Very helpful personal at the desk.
    • Quadruple Room

Hard beds. Though in Europe there's never a beddingmadrass on top of the bed. Hard to eat a healthy breakfast, but the kids were happy that all there was to eat was sugar 😂

Very helpful personal at the desk. We had trouble with transportations during a strike, but it worked out thanks to them! Close to the trams! Cleans rooms.

Business stay

Breakfast was very very poor (almost no fruits and actually no vegetables) and every day the same choice. Room oriented to the street was very noisy (always till 2 am), but we were successful on changing the room. Single room is really very small and really just for one person, but you have everything you need inside. Hotel has no restaurant but you can find some place near the central train station (no more than 5 min walk from the hotel)

Comfy sleeping, place near the tram station to the centre and near the central train station to the airport (just 20 min directly). Near the hotel is shopping centre for general food.

The ability to leave luggage there at no cost.
    • Quadruple Room

The room was very small and cramped for a family of 4, obviously just a normal room with 2 added beds. Nothing like the pictures, 4 single beds. The shower did not drain well so by the time the water had heated up it was close to overflowing and flooding the bathroom. Towels very strange, like using paper. No basic facilities in room like tea or coffee. Not good value for money at all and breakfast was extra as well. We were also charged a tourist tax on leaving which we did not know about.

The ability to leave luggage there at no cost.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

The bathroom was a good size as compared to other places I...
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is very old and almost everything in the room is old. The roof was leaking water and when I told the reception they said they would fix it. Later that day they said they had fixed it but the roof was still leaking and the floor was wet. The hotel was close to the train station, however to get to and from the hotel to the station you have to walk up/down more than 20 stairs and if you have luggage than can be challenging. The room is not particularly sound proof. I could not sleep because every 5 minute you could hear cars and trains passing all night long. So you need ear plugs. The hotel is in Trastevere but it is almost 30 minutes walk away from the main sights and restaurants in Trastevere.

The bathroom was a good size as compared to other places I have stayed in Italy.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Would not recommend to anyone
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff were extremely rude and unaccomodating. We went out on the balcony to get some fresh air and then got locked out of the entire hotel. The concierge locked all the doors. After waiting 30 minutes outside the concierge finally let us in. He told us that he was going to turn on the alarm system at 2am and that we shouldn't leave again. I wonder what that means for guests who were heading back to the hotel after that time period. Also the hotel bar closes really early and the furniture is extremely outdated. The rooms are decorated with old wooden furniture and tacky velvet. It reminds me of someone's grandmothers house.

I am happy with rhjas

The hotel is a little bit noisy at night. From my room I can hear clearly the noise from my neighbors.

The room is cleaned everyday. Facilities are good. Staffs are friendly and useful.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Really good and cosy place.
    • Double or Twin Room

Room that we had was directly over the road, sonit was a bit noisy.

All was good. Room was clean. Communication with the city center is perfect. Very friendly staff. After we checked out hotel allowed us to keep our things till the late night. Breakfast was also good.

Very well connected with airport and city centre

very small room; everything looks a bit old-fashioned.

very easy to reach from Fiumicino airport. Very good public transport (2 tram lines) to reach city centre or Colloseum and Lateran basilica. You can even walk from the hotel to the Testaccio area. friendly staff; Try to eat at Albaruja. Very good.

Nice hotel near public transportation and basic amenities.
    • Double or Twin Room

Was a little difficult to find at night. By walking, we had to climb up many stairs with our luggage to reach hotel. Breakfast could use more vegetarian options and egg options. Too many sweets/pastries for breakfast.

Coffee options were great for breakfast. The room has good wifi connection, spacious, clean, and all basic amenities included. Reception was open 24hrs. and very helpful. They even held our luggage after check-out. Very close to train station, bus, and tram to the city.

Breakfast was realy good,it was really clean.

Location was not perfect. you have to use tram. But it is only 1.50 euro

Breakfast was realy good,it was really clean. Bed was really comfortable and big.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Nice breakfast, free wi-fi all over, staff was very helpful...

Small shower.

Nice breakfast, free wi-fi all over, staff was very helpful with a particular situation that arised, close to transportations to the center of Rome.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Not good for a longer stay, poor facilities and service!

I did not like the rooms, as they were dirty and small. I expected the rooms larger as shown in pictures. I also did not like the location, not much choice of public transport to the city. The breakfast was very poor with just some bread and cakes. Overall, I rate the hotel as 1 star not 3 star as rated offcially in booking website. I don't recommend this hotel, sorry.

Nothing! the location was bad and rooms tiny and dirty.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

great location, clean, great value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

the wifi is extremely slow. Breakfast used to be better with fresher croissants. If you like good wine, don't order any at the bar.

the value for money for the standard of Rome is great. The room was very clean and the staff helpful enough. Greatly located with direct connection to the airport and to the town centre.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Beware of the Steps!

Even though the location in relation to the train station was close, it was difficult to reach. There are 44 (I counted) steps from the street up to the hotel door. If it had not been for two young passing "angels" who carried my luggage up the stairs I would have never made it!

The best part of the stay was the very nice breakfast presentation and content. There were good choices on the buffet. The staff was friendly. The single room was very small and cramped (about the size of a walk-in closet with a bath!)

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

3 days in Rome with firends

Breakfast should be from 6 or 6:30. Starting breakfast at 7 is little late.

Breakfast here is very good. Much better than in other Italian hotels. Truly European, not Italian. Staff is friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Good value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

There are steps that you have to take when you get off the tram or train. So it is a little bit difficult if you carry heavy luggage. The beds are very small.

The room was good and clean enough. Breakfast very good with a variety of croissants. Staff very helpfull. Very close to tram, bus and train in a quiet part of Trastevere.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Great choice!
    • Economy Double Room

The location is really good you are 2 min away from trestevere station and from there you can take tram 8 that goes right to the centre of the city.Good transport to the airport as well. The room is small but well arranged and clean. Good wifi connection. Extremly helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

The staff was very nice and very helpful, but that's...
    • Double or Twin Room

The advertised Free WiFi was basically non existent. I never could use the wifi at any point during my stay without waiting for what seemed hours for pages to load, or for anything to even appear working. They need to completely revamp their wifi service, because I've stayed in hotels similar to this one in Rome before where the wifi is no issue whatsoever. I ordered a double bed, but what I got instead were 2 twin beds just pushed together and covered with a sheet. That doesn't apply as a double bed in my opinion.

The staff was very nice and very helpful, but that's probably the only thing I think I can say was appealing to me regarding this property. That's weighing in the necessities for me when I book a hotel for travel.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Surrounded by Rome as Romans live, but good access to the centro storico too
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast juice is very poor (watery!) and it would be good to have tea-making facilities in the bedroom

Excellent helpful staff, good location in terms of quietness and non-touristy, but access to public transport, nice room, good public spaces including terrace

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Extremely friendly staff and very clean rooms.
    • Economy Double Room

Extremely friendly staff and very clean rooms. Only a 5 minute walk to the Trastevere tram and train station from where all major tourist spots of Rome are accessible. In fact going to Vatican is merely 1 euro per person from Trastevere train station. Really good value for money.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Room and breakfast was very basic. Location was a bit out of the way.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Although a bit out of the way from the main tourist parts of Rome, there were good transport links near by.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

The station that leads to the airport was really close to...

The WiFi could've been better

The station that leads to the airport was really close to the hotel. And there's a water fountain right outside the hotel in which you could fill in your water bottle at any time.

Browse Hotel Villa Rosa traveller photo gallery