Reviews of Hotel Villa Delle Rose 3 stars

Via Vicenza 5, Central Station, 00185 Rome, Italy

#726 of 921 hotels in Rome

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was the same every morning. 2 types of ham, one type of cheese and some sweets.

Wonderful staff. Always helpful. There were some problems with our room and they changed it immediately. I even forgot something when I checked out and they found it and send it to me home. The location of the hotel is very close to the Termini Station and if you like walking is about 30 min away from Fontana di Trevi. Very clean rooms. Cleaning is made by a very nice romanian women.

• Double or Twin Room

The quality of the room itself could be improved a bit. The door sound insulation was next to nothing so take a pair of ear plus with you.

Basic city center hotel, rooms would need a bit of TLC, but they were very clean. The building itself was nice, and the garden / patio area was pretty. Breakfast was as it usually is in bigger cities, basic things, but good enough quality. The location was great, next to Termini, but a quiet street and not unsafe at all like some places next to Termini feel to be. The personnel was great, felt really welcome here!

• Double or Twin Room

Quite expensive and I expected better quality of the breakfast for the money I paid.

Good location, close to main attractions(around 20-30 min away by foot) and easy acces to transport. Was cosy and quiet. Generally was a good experience.

• Double or Twin Room

Aircon was old and noisy but it did the job. No blockout curtains - made it difficult as I am used to a dark room. Quite a few homeless people in one of the streets close to hotel, but not troublesome to avoid. Homelessness very evident all over Rome.

Very helpful brekky and cleaning staff. Nothing was too much trouble (including extra pillows and bath tub I requested). Fabulous location close to Termini but not noisy. A couple of stops on the Metro to Vatican Museum and Colosseum. 100m from Hop On Hop Off bus pickup. Lots of great little places to eat nearby. Lovely terrace for brekky or a glass of wine in the afternoon.

Nothing, It was everything that was promised and just like the pictures too.

The choice of breakfast was lovely, the position of the hotel was great, we had a balcony, the staff were exceptionally friendly and looked after us, there was a terrace outside to relax in, the rooms were clean. For the price we couldn't have asked for more. It was perfect for our every need.

• Double or Twin Room

The TV did not work properly, but that was no big deal as I was not in Rome to watch TV! The one thing I don't like about the hotel are the bathrooms. They are small and the shower is difficult to manage with the tiny space and surrounding shower curtain.

The location is superb. It is a three minute walk from Termini Station. The check in and check out process is very easy. The staff is cordial. The outdoor terrace is lovely. The breakfast is fine. The coffee and selection of cereals and breads was good. The bed was very comfortable. There was a nice view of the outdoor seating area from my room. The wifi worked well. This was my second stay at Hotel Villa Delle Rose and I will stay there again.

• Double or Twin Room

From the hotel told us that taxi to Campino airport will cost 35 euro , but the driver want 40 euro! The problem is not from the hotel ,but they can fix it i think!

The hotel is on very comfy location , 10 min by walk from Termini train station , 3 min walking from tube and bus station! The stuff is very helpfull!

• Double or Twin Room

The window in the room was at ceiling level, so lighting was poor and it was claustrophobic. The room was small, which is ok at this price level, but its a bit old and shabby. The breakfast was no more than adequate.

The location was perfect near the train station for a morning departure to the airport. We only stayed one night. The staff was pleasant. The bathroom was nice. For the price point, it suited our needs, but we would not choose to stay there again.

It was quite noisy at night and the streets were very dirty

Great location near the train station. Room was comfortable and clean. Breakfast was great

• Double or Twin Room

I got a room on the first floor which I didn’t like because you can hear everyone talking in the lobby and as they were walking towards their room.

The room was small but clean and comfortable. Absolutely loved the breakfast area, the coffee was great. The hotel is very close to Roma Termini Station, the hotel staff was very attentive.

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was poor using cheap products (salami or deserts) Personal in the breakfast was a bit irritated when asking for coffee

Clean rooms, good bed and nice area

• Double or Twin Room

No iron in room or available to borrow

Perfectly amazing location, very friendly and helpful staff. Room and hotel was clean. Breakfast was good, coffee was great! Bed was a little too hard for me but partner thought it was good.

• Double or Twin Room

Very, very noisy. The room is located near the reception point and we heard people talking loudly útil midnight approximately. Was not possible having a good resting which is not so convenient if you have a flight 7.00 am. I suppose is the case of many passengers.

The staff was very friendly and they gave us a quick solution to personal requirements regarding the room. The location was good as well.

• Double or Twin Room

There was quite a lot of external noise during the night but I put that down to the location being near the train station and quite busy.

It was convenient to Roma Termini,which was my main requirement. I had a nice hot shower and the coffee was good.

• Double or Twin Room

You can hear everything from the corridor and the rest of the rooms. So... it matters what kind of neighbors you have. You will hear them do anything... :( There are no vegetables and eggs for breakfast.

Great location. Very good internet speed. Very friendly staff. Wonderful coffee and sweets. :)

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast could have been better.

The rooms with balcony were good.. the location was perfect ! The owner was very sweet, he offered us umbrella and also with the luggage store room facility. The breakfast was not that good though.

• Quadruple Room

The door to our room barely closed - as though it was too small for the doorway. It was the only thing I didn't like about our stay.

The breakfast was very nice - a good variety of foods, fresh and ready. The staff spoke English, were friendly, and very helpful. The location was convenient to the train station, and in a safe neighborhood.

• Quadruple Room

May we suggest that Hotel Villa Delle Rose offer Tea/ Coffee making facilities in their rooms..or even have them available in their reception area. Even offering boiling water in an urn so that guests could make a quick cup.. It was also a pity that the scaffolding obscured our view of any fireworks on New Year's Eve.

The hotel's location to the Roma Termini was very close and we were able to catch buses with great ease. Their breakfasts were great and were served by friendly staff. The beds were very comfortable. Their reception staff were also very helpful and kind.

• Quadruple Room

The building facade was under restoration and probably didn’t provide the best approach to the hotel. I wish the sidewalks on the street had been in better shape.

A great base for exploring Rome. The hotel is on a quiet street and the staff is very helpful. The room was clean and everything worked. The lift was necessary for those of us....of a certain age.

• Double or Twin Room

It was very cold at night. The heaters were very small. The first room we stayed was very small, remember to ask for a bigger room. There was a loud club or some place near by that disturb us. There was construction outside of the hotel which we were not informed before our arrival. Single beds were very tiny. It would be nice to have slippers in the room. Hand towels were not what we expected. They were like restaurant table linens. There was garbage bag in the bathroom but not in the room. There were no international channels on TV.

The staff was helpful. We left our luggage’s in a storage room to wonder around the city. The hot water worked quite well. Compared to other same value hotels it was better than most. It was very close to the main terminal which was very efficient to reach to the central part of Rome by metro.

• Double or Twin Room

there was a lot of noise from work being done to the outside of the hotel which will benefit travelers in the future but this was not mentioned when booking. breakfast was poor.

this is a good hotel for those arriving or leaving by rail or coach. the general condition inside was just ok and the room comfortable.

• Double or Twin Room

Guy at the reception during night was one of the best persons i have ever seen a true gentle man and was always a step ahead to help us make best out of our trip. Best hotel at a very cheap price. Good breakfast to

• Double or Twin Room

Bed not too comfortable, small room.

Delle Rose is in a great location, near termini and a reasonable walk for exercise to many of Rome's most important sites. Or, the underground Metro is very close to the hotel. The breakfast was very good, and the staff were kind and helpful. The room and bed are very standard for big central-city note. They are doing their best to minimise inconvenience during a remodelling project. I would stay there again due to location, good staff, and nice breakfast for a reasonable price.

• Double or Twin Room

Room defo needs some refurbishment, for instance, I couldn't close bathroom door without lifting them up a bit. Also, it has no a/c and radiator wasn't working either which left me freeze as I am anemic. I did report the issue to receptionist and he kindly offered me another quilt. Wifi connection wasn't too strong either. I couldn't watch a single episode on Netflix without disconnecting few times or upload pisc on Facebook. Despite all that the only thing that really shocked me was that one of the guys who worked at the front desk locked the front door while he went to the cellar i believe and left no sign or note. Me and my 60 year old mum were left in the cold as it was quite late already for at least 5 min without a clue why the door is locked. Unfortunately, no apology or anything from him when he finally came back and let us in.

Excellent location for Termini train station and underground lines, also buses that takes you back to the airports were literally 2 min away. I found most of their staff genuine and very lovely. Coffee was absolutely brilliant just the way i like it.

• Double or Twin Room

Very friendly helpful staff, excellent location close to main station and I was able to walk to all the places I wanted to visit in Rome. Currently the outside of the hotel is undergoing renovations which will be finished shortly which made the courtyard less than desirable but I'm sure once they are finished this area would be a haven

• Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately the rooms are not really soundproof... If you need slippers or kettle take them with you.

The location is perfect in all respect - easy to get to/from the airport, subway is within walking distance, most sights and monuments are nearby. Stuff is super friendly and helpful. If you want to feel the local atmosphere it's a great place to stay as it's an old hotel in so called Italian style. The hotel and rooms are clean and tidy.

• Double or Twin Room

The only issue was that I could not open the window, as the building itself is under renovation, and covered with scaffolding. Guess, it's a temporary problem :)

Location is perfect, literally three minutes walk from the bus, which comes from the Airport and all places I needed were in more or less walking distance. The night receptionist was extremely nice and kind person. The breakfast is pretty standard, all basic stuff was available. The room itself is ok, clean, bathroom was well equipped (shampoos, hairdryer, etc). After check-out i left my suitcase at the hotel and came back to pick it up late in the evening, it was fine. In any case, this hotel is perfect value for money.

• Double or Twin Room

Bed was extremely hard and uncomfortable. Breakfast coffee was not very good (too many powdery grounds in the mix).

Great location only five minutes walk from Termini. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Double or Twin Room

Both the street and the guests are noisy, no sound isolation whatsoever. However, it seems to be a general problem in Rome, which is a very noisy city.

Clean rooms, friendly staff, sufficient breakfast. The location was perfect for our purposes. Hop-on/hop-off sightseeing busses, airport shuttles, Castel Romano Designer Outlet shuttle, metro lines in all directions - all start from Termini and have their ticket offices there. Not too many restaurants nearby but still some good places around to go out for a dinner.

• Double or Twin Room

The ground floor room was a bit noisy.

Location near railway station was good as we arrived and left by train. The little garden in front of the hotel is nice. Classic atmosphere.

• Double or Twin Room

The staff is amazing. I have stayed here several times previously with my family and also by myself. I was offered a cappuccino upon my arrival (I think I looked tired from my overnight flight). This was much appreciated. The hotel is undergoing renovations and it was a little noisy in the afternoon in my room. Wifi worked great this time. I'll be back for one more night next month.

• Double or Twin Room

First of all the room wasn’t like the one on pictured on Booking. The hotel is in renovation and by the looks of it that’s going to be a while. So because of the scaffolding i couldn’t open the window or the shutters. The furniture in the room and bathroom could have some updates. Also I have some problems closing the window, so I have free wake up call every morning at 7am from the church near by.

Good location, 2 minutes walking from the Termini train station, easy access to public transportation and hop-on hop-off buses. The room was a little small but clean, good breakfast and very helpful staff.

• Quadruple Room

The hotel was under construction and being repainted with scaffolding all round the property and no shutter could open nor could we leave a window open as rubbish and dust would stream in!! Apart from we found a cigarette butt on the floor and the room smelled of smoke!! I reported this to the front desk yet at the time of leaving it was still there, proving that the rooms were not cleaned properly. the furniture was tattered and couch cushions clearly in need of replacement! The breakfast was very poor with tinned fruit, sliced cooked loaf of ham and pelony, and one cereal, muesli and 1 type of yogurt. All the guests had to make do with one 2 slice toaster !! I would not have booked this hotel if I had known that it was under construction. I have used Booking.com trough out our travel of 7 weeks abroad and will certainly have to review my booking partner in future if this is the kind of standards you echo as being in order!

• Double or Twin Room

If only they could change the carpet and replace it with tiles!

Breakfast was good, loved the bed, the location was the best, a minute walk to metro termini station and everyone was so kind! A value for money hotel! Also loved the little garden!

• Double or Twin Room

so close to the Termini train /metro station. supermarket around (2mn), restaurant, and to Via Nazionale to go by feet to the city center. People are very nice and helpful. English and French speaking. Clean room. Good Lift, good WIFI.. Just the breakfast is a bite "poor" in terms of what you can get. Some cereals, some fruits would help. Staff is very very nice.

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel needs renovation, when we stayed the outside was being renovated, but the rooms are very old and needs a serious total renovation to meet today's standards

The Staff is so friendly, the location of the hotel is really good it is directly on Termini Station, and almost close to all the area around

• Double or Twin Room

The matress of the bed was a bit hard.

The location of the hotel is amazing. Walking distance to all public transports and all the important sites of Rome. They provided us free parking for our car even though it was not in our initial deal. The owner of the hotel is an amazing and very elegant person ready to give information for anything we needed. The staff is very friendly and kind. Breakfast was ok.

• Double or Twin Room

At the moment the hotel is in the process of a complete outside refurb so not looking it's best! The hotel is old and a little tired in some areas, in particular the bathroom which did need sprucing up. Would have liked a fridge in the room. The area all around the termini has gangs of guys hanging around and women begging. It didn't seem unsafe even at night but would be wary if I was a women on my own. The roads are all well lit and busy.

The location so near the termini was brilliant. All the staff were friendly and very helpful. The room was a good size, very clean and a very comfy bed. A tasty breakfast to start your day of sightseeing. The outside space is really nice. Overall a good, reasonably priced base while exploring Rome

• Double or Twin Room

It was very noisy, one could not open the only window due to noise outside. There was noise from inside, as well - perhaps walls were very thin. Bathroom was very tight, especially shower place.

Location - close to railway station, friendliness of staff, cleanliness.

• Double or Twin Room

No view - a brick wall ten feet away. Small room but high ceiling gave the impression of more space.

Croissants were sweet - icing sugar on top, okay but not what I was expecting. Lots of fruit salad, perhaps tinned but good. Coffee pots refilled on demand. Staff efficient - lovely evening reception guy. Nice garden area in the front for a coffee or drink - but I did get bitten on my ankles there.

• Double or Twin Room

I had a terrible experience in this hotel. My room was on the first floor and all night till 12PM I heard live music from the restaurant and than 2-3 hours drunk people talked about something. No need to book this hotel

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel will be more beautiful when the external renovation work is finished and the scaffolding is taken down.

The terrace was a relaxing place to sit and chat over a drink after a hard day's sightseeing.

• Double or Twin Room

Bedroom a little cramped, but this is how modest hotel rooms are often in Italy

Lovely outdoor garden area for guests to use, kept available despite extensive external renovations to the outside of the building. Will be great when this is completed. Decent continental breakfast. Helpful desk staff with good English. Bathroom modern (but cramped). Hotel has an interesting family history.

• Double or Twin Room

Building is under renovation and is covered by green net, I was disappointed as I was not informed in advance. Everything was super old in the room, bathtub not comfortable to put it politely. Dark inside as covered from outside and no chance to open the windows. Breakfast is average and coffee simply awful.

Location and staff were good

• Double or Twin Room

The room itself wasn't very clean. Although we didn't complain so maybe they would of sorted us out with another room or cleaned the room again. The included breakfast is not good. It runs from 7am - 10am. All they seemed to have was sugar covered croissants and bread. There was ham and cheese to have in rolls but by 7:30am (when we arrived) these were all gone. The worst thing tho was the noise. There seemed to be work going on straight outside our window starting at 6am and random screening in the hotel on the first night.

Location was very good, about four minutes from the central train station Termani. Staff are very friendly and welcoming

• Double or Twin Room

The outside of building is under renovation. I hope I can see it next time when it is finished. One might feel empty with plain walls & high ceiling. Maybe some extra decoration (paintings etc.) can give better feeling. But this is a common overall problem in budget hotels/guesthouses in Rome.

In overall everything was OK. Very good location, just 2min walk to Roma Termini. Relatively quiet area. Plenty of restaurants, trattorias around.

• Quadruple Room

There were lots of ongoing construction around so it was very noisy.

Being very close to train station is the major advantage. Collesium is 15 mins walk.

• Double or Twin Room

This Hotel is extremely underrated. They made us very welcome and was very accommodating in all aspects. I will highly recommend them. The communication via e-mail was fast and although there was renovations on the go, I did not feel bothered at all. The size of the rooms, for Rome, was bigger then expected and for the price we paid. The garden area was lovely and not easy to find in the Termini area. Cannot wait to see and experience the Hotel after the renovations, it is going to be wonderful. This will be my go to place every time I am in Rome, even if it is only once a year.

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel is renovating may be slight noise during the daytime.

Closed to Roma termini,shuttle bus to airport and bus stop. Clean and comfortable room

• Double or Twin Room

It is in refurbishment, you can not open the windows and its decoration feels old

Location (restaurants with good prices, printer services, pubs and termini just 3 min walk) and the staff they are really helpful and nice, the breakfast is ok.

• Double or Twin Room

Awful hotel, very dirty and smelly street that leads to hotel. Room was in a very bad condition. One small bag of shampoo for hair and body and you fight to open it. Paint is awful.Breakfast is awful, literally: cereals,mil,juice, one kind of ham, one kind of cheese.Toilet is disgusting. why 3 stars? it should be minus 5 stars.

location very close to the train station. 5 mnts max

• Double or Twin Room

A little bit small rooms. Not enough space for towels in bathroom. Not enough electricity plugs in room.

Stuff is very friendly and helpfull. Excelen location near main public tranport hub. No noise in the room inspite of renovation works on exterior of hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel was being refurbished but no one told us. Lots of noise and dust. The breakfast is poor and really bad quality. The rooms are very simple, the minibar was empty. Not a 3 star hotel... much more like a hostel

The hotel was under renovation and no one informed us about this. Also the furniture,the bathroom were very very poor for 100 euro the night,really big dissapointement

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Location location etc complimentary breakfast, private very pretty courtyard with seating/flowers/shades, helpful,knowledgeable English speaking staff.

• Double or Twin Room

Small shower. Hard to turn around. No fridge in the room. Dark room. Building enclosed with scaffolding and netting right now.

Good location. Only 2 blocks from the train station. Clean and safe. Helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

4 minutes walk from Termini station. Nice staff, nice room which was larger than the average hotel room size. I stayed here about 15 years ago with my family and it was equally good then also.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Not heat in the room daytime, was turned on at 18.00.... a bit cold at nught, we asked for extra blanket

Second time I stayed here, live the corner terass that comes with our room. very good location, close to Termini, you can walk everythere

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

This is the 5th time we've stayed, but it was less impressive this time. The room was basic, with mould around the shower, and the hairdryer stopped working after 2 minutes. (Last time we stayed we had a beautiful suite for the same price) Breakfast wasn't as good as in previous years -no eggs. I suppose the generally disappointing atmosphere might be because they were having extensive repairs done to the building, so they should have the benefit of the doubt.

Very convenient location and pretty garden setting.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Stayed here previously with grandson in a lovely room in 2013. This time on own in a "small double"-ugly little room, creaky floor, tiny narrow half window, yet had all needs- bed, bathroom, safe, hairdryer, TV. But cracked wall, loose power outlet, only light the bedside lights. Awkward fitting door. Room 219 - avoid. The next door room I looked in was much bigger, with lovely windows. Breakfast pretty standard except for the jug of coffee and milk.

Staff very knowledgeable and helpful on Rome transport, I used buses, and they plotted some bus numbers for me. Made me a tea when I arrived..great. Passed me a part used Transport card left by a guest. Location excellent for sole traveller arriving train at Termini. The pot of coffee and the jug of hot milk brought to table at breakfast was a really nice touch. Would stay again in a different room.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The rest of the people who worked there. ( male) were not friendly at all. I borrowed scissors , the man at the desk didnt trust me i would return them...asked my room number and told me like a teacher i had to return them as soon as possible........what a hospitality... The room had no window!! Only a very small one somewhere up..you couldn look outside. Shower is old and dirty. Outside in the hall there was mold falling from the ceiling....the house is very old and needs renovation from inside and outside. I didnt really noticed the garden they were talking about...just a few seats outside with some trees.

The location. The welcome was very friendly.i could enter my room before the check in time. Kandinsky pictures!

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel is on a nice location and the breakfast was good. For a citytrip to Rome you don't need a 5* hotel, because most of the time you will be outside.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Bed, flooring & traffic noise. Toiletries.

Near to Bus Station, Metro and Train. Hop-On is just round the corner. Chinese restaurant just down the road.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

1. Booked a room in this hotel but we were accommodated in other dirty hotel nearby. That was aparthotel that is belong to Hotel Piemonte. 2. Rejected my request to pay in cash and forcibly withdraw money from a card

Nothing was acceptable

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Great value for money. This is our third stay here, we love that it is so close to Termini Station. Staff are always friendly and helpful. Rooms good temperature summer and winter. Nice buffet breakfast. Quiet location.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

Nothing. Excellent place to stay in Rome.

Lovely hotel at a very convenient position two minutes from the main railway and bus stations. Full of character. Has its own garden - a welcome relief from the heat and noise of the city. Very efficient and polite staff.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

bathroom was very small, breakfast very simpel.

5 min walk from central station to get to all places with public transport. very friendly staff litle garden to have breakfast in or sit outside in the evening.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Quadruple Room

the room needs some renovation work, which might bug you, if you're picky

The location is perfect! Staff was very helpful and friendly, the room was clean and very refreshing :) wifi worked fine. we had a very early flight from Ciampino, got the hotel to call the taxi since we were travelling with 2 small kids, it cost us 30 eur.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

We found the bed to be very hard - which seems to be the norm in all the hotels we stayed at in Italy. Also, the live singer in the hotel next door kept us awake very late one night, but I suppose the management cannot help that.

We chose this hotel as it is very close to the Roma Termini train station. It's a good budget hotel and convenient for sightseeing. Our triple room was quite spacious and air conditioning was good. Breakfast was nice with a large selection of foods.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Quadruple Room

They had a very good photographer for their website. Pictures were very promising.

Breakfast was ok. Simple but fine. I would prefer espresso for coffee. Also the hotel has a very beautiful small garden but they don't really exploit it. We got our breakfast trays and had our breakfast in the garden. The hotel was clean and the staff very polite, helpful and always with a smile. They did change my booking dates, because the airline changed dates, even when booking site said that no rooms available. They did the change with no any price addition. Very easy access to the busses and metro, even though in rome you can walk around the city.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Initial room allocated to me had a smell and bathroom had shower curtain which was inadequate and as a result the bathroom was saturated after taking a shower

Location close to Termini station

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was pretty light.

Great room, great location for traveling around and outside of Rome, working AC, staff spoke English - and were happy to help us learn some Italian while there.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast. Nothing eatible. Bed uncomfortable. Loud during the night cos of the refrigerator in the room. Safe wasn't working

The location is good, but the street isn't nicest. Close to the train station and easy to find. They gave us their best room but it was so poor. Nothing like in pictures. The bathroom looked totally different and I found the bed very uncomfortable also a fridge in the room was very loud during the night. The breakfast was terrible

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Double or Twin Room

small sized bathroom in one of the rooms we stayed in

Good location close to train station cafes/restaurants shops and transport and friendly helpful staff

• Double or Twin Room

Very good staff and very good locații ne-ar the station

All