2. Italy hotel reviews

Reviews of Combo Venezia

Campo Dei Gesuiti Cannaregio 4878, Cannaregio, 30123 Venice, Italy

#79 of 311 hotels in Venice

Based on 3115 hostel reviews

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 19 June 2019

EVERYTHING!
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

There wasn’t a single thing wrong with it.

EVERYTHING! Friendly vibe, efficient, a LOT of space....I thought I would be in a 5-woman dorm with bunk beds and instead I was in a suite with 3 separate rooms each with 2 twin beds, overhead lamps, closet space, drawers under the bed, a HUGE table...and in the suite was a bathroom with 3 sinks, two toilet/bidet/sink combos, and 2 showers. Also a lounge area with couches and TV, a table for 6, and a complete kitchen with two refrigerators. Beautiful, clean, new....comfortable beds, lots of common space downstairs with two courtyards, a terrace over the canal, an indoor space. Nice space outside the hostel as well, mainly students and locals, with some park benches. Easy access to airport with water transport about 30 meters away.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2019

Great ambience and lively atmosphere

Some design issues in the room- you couldn’t reach the window without standing on the table. Little bit of mould in thebathroom. Some contemporary art/ decoration would be nice

The beautiful historic building, location, bar, staff, lots of space

• Reviewed: 12 June 2019

Beautiful building. Great location. Experience Real Venice.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Showers are mixed which is fine but they are not very private and only one of them had a curtain. Toilets were ok but could do with a freshen up.

What an amazing place!! Rooms are located within a beautiful building and the facilities are great. Short walk to the centre of Venice, with access to the local attractions and river taxis. Although it advertises a 12 bed dorm its actually 6 rooms with twin beds which is really good, no bunk beds.

• Reviewed: 11 June 2019

Very clean and comfortable accommodation in a good part of...

Very clean and comfortable accommodation in a good part of Venice. Great vibe with amazing outdoor relax and unwind spaces. Great canal views from Combo generally and even from our room.

• Reviewed: 11 June 2019

The building is so beautiful and unusual for a hostel.

WiFi in the room was poor

The building is so beautiful and unusual for a hostel. Very cozy inner yard. Very clean room, cleaning was made each day. Staff is extremely friendly. We really enjoyed our stay. Price is high, but it’s Venice and compared to other accommodations it is completely reasonable and you receive more than expected. Air conditioning in the room, shower, kettle, all you need)) Breakfasts were very good for 9€.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2019

I liked that the property was close to a water bus station...
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

I liked that the property was close to a water bus station ft. Nuove. So it made it easy to get back when you would let yourself get lost in the Venice maze. I also like I had a corner sweet with our own kitchen , living area and bathroom with I shared with one other girl. It was like a little apt and very quiet. I also liked the quart yard where you could relax and buy cheap drinks and plan your day or next step of travel. I was surprised that maids came in everyday but fermi was in there way because I had come home to make lunch. This hostel houses all types of travelers including students, families with young kids and solo travers. But most people seem to keep to themselves.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2019

Would not return

Ant infestation in room. So dirty, including sheets. Rock hard pillows. Very hot room, as A/C did not work well. Washing machine overflowed water everywhere when tried to use it.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2019

Rooms were very spacious and clean and beds were very...
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

A little confusing to figure out the elevator. Scanning the badge to access the elevator isn't the most intuitive. It would have been nice if there were separate bathrooms for males and females in the mixed dorms.

Rooms were very spacious and clean and beds were very comfortable. The entire facility in general was very clean and well kept.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2019

Beautiful building, awesome staff, very nice rooms, amaizing...
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Old showers with fungus, also it was quite loud inside if you have windows facing patio but thanks to earplugs it was fine 😉

Beautiful building, awesome staff, very nice rooms, amaizing patio with bar. Everything was more than I expected.

• Reviewed: 31 May 2019

I loved the room.

My room was very cold. I was told nothing could be done about it. I did not like that WiFi is only accessible in common areas. I was not able to access WiFi in my room.

I loved the room. It was very clean and modern and in an excellent location that was easy to find.

• Reviewed: 23 May 2019

An Oasis in Venice

I liked everything.

Combo Venezia was an amazing place to stay. It's in a converted monestary next door to the beautiful Gesuiti church, down the street from the Alilaguna airport boat so it's very convenient for early morning flights. The rooms are extremely clean and large, with comfortable beds and daily housekeeping. I stayed in a private room. Downstairs is a cafe and bar, and there's a lovely courtyard to sit in and relax. They also have a laundry room and a shared kitchen. The staff were wonderful, but I would like to give a special shout out to Andrea, who was so amazing, pleasant and helpful. He always went out of his way to make sure I was comfortable. I was there almost two weeks but didn't want to leave. Grazie Combo Venezia!!!

• Reviewed: 22 May 2019

Quiet and rustic
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

The rooms had no lockers. There were drawers where you could put your stuff but you couldn’t lock them. Luckily I had a lock on my suitcase. Although the property didn’t make me feel like I needed a lock. But you never know who you might share a room with. The showers were not very private. Once you’re done showering you gotta come out right there in front of everybody brushing teeth and washing hands. Also both the bedrooms and the bathroom were leading to the same hall lined with windows. It looked nice but if you open the door to the showers anyone can see in through the windows. I was on the 5th floor I doubt anyone was looking, but it would be nice if the windows had curtains or were frosted. A rug or two would really help bring the comfort level up. The location was nice and quiet, next to the waterbus stop. Honestly, not even that far from the train station by foot. But if you want to walk everywhere, it is going to be more than 20 minutes. I personally picked this place knowing it would be far to walk, so this is just a reminder to look at maps. In summary, I didn’t like very few small things, but overall it is a great place and I recommend it.

I mostly liked the style of the rooms and the property itself. It felt very old and new at the same time. Everything else was just good, not bad, not amazing. The beds were comfy. There were towels provided and they were good size. The kitchen had utensils but some of the pots were on the last shelf and I couldn’t reach them. I was alone in the rooms so I couldn’t ask anyone for help. I felt like going down to the first floor to ask the staff was too much. The staff were nice and friendly. The rooms were clean. The bathrooms were clean too, but it felt like they lacked ventilation so it felt moist in there.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2019

The units and the common areas are generously spacious, and...
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

The open WiFi; hopefully they get a private network soon. Apart from that, I'd say that Combo Venezia provides amazing value for the money.

The units and the common areas are generously spacious, and the latter are beautifully decorated. I seldom pay for hotel breakfasts, but this one, in its elegant simplicity, was worth it. And the playlists they had on were, every single time, fantastic. Good location, close to the Alilaguna B line stop right to the airport, or a 10-minute walk from the Ca' D'Oro vaporetto stop; also, very quiet at night.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2019

Will definitely stay here again!

The breakfast was a little pricey for not having anything hot food wise. You are best to grab breakfast elsewhere.

We had a private room with two twin beds located on the first floor. The room was simple but spacious which was fine. We asked for extra towels and pillows which were promptly given. We felt very safe and greatly appreciated a glass of wine on our return to the hostel at the end of our day. I will stay here again!

• Reviewed: 17 May 2019

Back packer style with catering. Very functional.

A bedside mat would haven nice,the floor was very cold. The journey from the ferry stop was difficult with luggage.

All day cafeteria with reasonable prices

• Reviewed: 14 May 2019

The reception guy was really helpul when I arrived.
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

My virus protector showed that the wifi internet was not secure. This issue is of primary importance to travellers, so it surprises me that Combo does not provide safe services (eg password protected like other hotels), given the price they charge. I did report it. Also, some rooms are not signposted, which was unfortunate for me in the dark. It took about 30 minutes to find my room.

The reception guy was really helpul when I arrived. The courtyard is lovely- very inviting. Really close to the airport boat stop. A quiet and attractive part of Venice, yet close enough to everything.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2019

Best Combo ever
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Too much air conditioning at top floor...other than that nothing else to complain...

Everything: location; staff; venue; their own radio station with absolut stunning music; breakfast; bar ; the near restaurant and their awesome interior courts yard...and most important affordability to spend 1 week in Venice ...

• Reviewed: 1 May 2019

One minute walking from vaporetto stop.
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

There was no microwave, but you have induction hob

One minute walking from vaporetto stop. Big apartment and lobby, I liked my bed. and everything was so white and clean.👍 Booking again for the next staying definitely.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2019

Friendly staff, great value for money, free towels, clean...
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The reception area is literally on the bar/cafe area which looks like a cashier that may mislead those people who are checking-in but not a big deal as staff are approachable.

Friendly staff, great value for money, free towels, clean rooms.

Can only recommend
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Cleanliness, safety, recently renovated rooms, overhead lights, lock room for luggage and lots of storage space in the room that you can also lock with your padlock. I can only recommend !!! Just next to airport shuttle boat stop and very close to Rialto Bridge! Nice breakfast too!

A restful retreat.
    • Studio Apartment

The attitude of the staff was refreshingly chipper and welcoming. The architecture was interesting and the cafe was restful with outdoor seating in a lovely courtyard. They were planting 18 large orange trees in the courtyard while we were there...the smell of the blossoms was lovely

• Reviewed: 29 April 2019

Everything is perfect!
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Don’t follow the location, it is not in the corner o the other side. After the bridge the is a big wooden door with the hostel name in yellow

Everything is perfect! The rooms, the service the cleanliness

• Reviewed: 26 April 2019

Comfortable stay, shared suite.
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

It would have been nice to be refunded my money for the first night because my original flight was cancelled, so i was not able to get to Venice until the day after.

My shared room was like a shared suite. I had my own room.

• Reviewed: 25 April 2019

Upscale hostel in Venice
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

No lockers for belongings.

Super friendly and helpful front desk staff. Daily room service and change of towels. Location far from crowds (huge plus) but close the Alilaguna boat dock to the airport. The BEST hostel of the three I stayed at on this trip (which was also the most expensive but you get what you pay for...)

• Reviewed: 20 April 2019

A beautiful hostel with charm and elegance
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The bed was to soft for my liking, my personal preference is a firm bed. The lighting in the bathrooms didn’t alway come on or took a while l.

I love how bright is was lot of light coming into the building. I love how simple it was to get checked in after a long day traveling. I love that there was luggage storage after checking out so I could wonder freely until my train arrived. I was nice that the water bus was so close.

• Reviewed: 19 April 2019

Comfortable and pleasant stay in a spacious room.
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

The breakfast was tasty, though I probably could have found the same for less cost elsewhere. The location is a bit of a walk from the main sights, but I liked that it had a more relaxed/local vibe - it just depends what you are looking for.

The room was very large and comfortable with ample shared space. The ensuite bathroom was well organized with two standalone toilets, three sinks, and two showers (though only one was working). The towel that came with the room was large, which I appreciated. I also appreciated being able to securely (with my own lock) store my bag at no cost on the property while I was sightseeing for the day. The wifi in the rooms is okay; the wifi in the central locations is better.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2019

A beautiful atmospheric property.

I can't think of anything that will make this property better. I would always choose to stay here because I feel comfortable here.

I have stayed here before an rebooked based on the previous stay. Very clean room and very quiet. The reception and bar area was being renovated but this did not affect the guests at all. Check in was smooth even though we arrived near to 12:00 at night. The staff in reception spoke excellent English and were very helpful. Very spacious property and you enjoy having the space. The courtyard is a great meeting place in the evening especially in warmer weather. This property is right near one of the main vaporetto stops which serves the islands as well as Venice and the Lido. Easy stroll and well signposted into the centre of Venice in about ten minutes. There are several little bars and restaurants around this property. The bar in the property is very good value for money and staff there are very friendly.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2019

Love this place anEasy to get a ferryd will definitely tell all my friends
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

The building was amazing and had a lot of space in the rooms plus a lift ! The staff were super friendly abd the location was great. I'm super happy.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2019

Great location, in a not super touristy area but close to...
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Although I was in a female dorm, with a single room to myself, my own individual room didn’t have a lock on it which meant there was no ability to lock up my belongings.

Great location, in a not super touristy area but close to get to those areas. I had a room overlooking the canal. Cool vibe.

• Reviewed: 11 April 2019

Great location, unique stay.

The air conditioning didn’t get too cold, but we were able to open the windows to cool down the room.

The location was ideal for us. It was super close to the water buses, but quiet and safe feeling. It was easy to get to all of the sites we wanted to see. Lots of counter space to spread out on. Staff were helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2019

Clean, comfortable, friendly staff, nice and beautiful place

The water from the shower wets the bathroom floor. Everything else was perfect.

Clean, friendly staff, comfortable, spacious, with heater and got water. Nice place similar to a monastery.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2019

Location was great from water bus station Fermato Nuove.

Shared kitchen is not located conveniently. It would have been better if kettle was available. Beds were not at all comfortable.

Location was great from water bus station Fermato Nuove. Private room was very spacious even the bathroom.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2019

• Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Everything worked very well and was just perfect for alone traveler - from the environment, comfort, breakfast, people staying at this hostel to hosts hospitality at the reception. Especially many thanks to Andrea Doretto, he definitely knows by heart what service excellence is about! You feel when you get it from Andrea. Many thanks and hope till next times.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2019

Excellent hostel with fantastic facilities, very spacious.
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Excellent hostel with fantastic facilities, very spacious. Location was really nice, out of the major tourist area but easily accessible and lovely neighbourhood.

• Reviewed: 20 March 2019

Great stay!
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Initially difficult to find room. May be good to have map to direct people to room or have staff show to room when first arrive.

Clean and modern, good wifi, kitchen for use. Great area- close to boats for Burano/Murano.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2019

Great location next to the water bus to the airport.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The bathroom can get quite dirty at times and the shower curtains is quite flimsy which is not ideal in a mixed bathroom. The wifi tends to drop out quite easily.

Great location next to the water bus to the airport. The lobby/courtyard area is gorgeous and it’s in the quieter part of Venice which is great!

• Reviewed: 12 March 2019

Better than the pics suggest.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

It was updated and renovated. They have a working ac, good lounge areas for the travelers, they made up beds while gone. Located right next to the boat line that takes you to multiple islands.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2019

Great location, 2 mins walk from Fondamenta Nuove water taxi...
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Very quiet so didn’t come across many people but this was March so probably due to off-season. Lots of building work going on. Not many food options at the bar, more like a café, and seemed to start closing around 8-9pm so not ideal for late arrivals.

Great location, 2 mins walk from Fondamenta Nuove water taxi stop. A little bit further out from all the hustle and bustle which was nice to escape to, while still only being a 15-minute walk to St Mark’s Square. Impressive architecture on display, and very clean rooms. Some restaurants nearby although not many (I’d recommend Bar Puppa). Good for solo travellers.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2019

A great place to stay in Venice with affordable price.
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

The floor of the room I stayed was a little bit dusty, but it was fine since I was wearing flip flops. Otherwise, everything was perfect.

Great location to take the Vaporetto Actv goes to Murano and Burano Island. There are some awesome restaurants and cafes nearby within 5 minute walk distance. Staffs were super friendly and helpful all the time.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2019

Great stay with two young children, lovely views and clean comfortable rooms!

The rooms were comfortable and the room was very clean and quirky. I loved the atmosphere. Check-in was a bit slow because of all the paperwork and we were checking in at midnight with tired children but the staff member was as quick as he could be.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2019

Venice on Valentins

The owner was clearly upset as people were eating breakfast, he slammed dishes and broke several. I approached the counter, he immediately pointed to the girl, saying She'll get your coffee, in a disturbed tone. Everyone has a bad day. I expected more professionalism from the proprietor. The waitress Cynthia and Julia Were great!

The facilities were in a prime spot to catch the water taxi. Very convenient. The view from my room was fabulous, after I requested a room change. Value was good considering Carnival was about to start and it WAS Valentins day

• Reviewed: 21 February 2019

Our stay was great. 3min walk from the water bus stop. Super comfy bed and great atmosphere.

We liked the 24/7 reception because we checked in after midnight. The location was great very near the waterbus stop. Very helpful staff. Eco friendly amenities and fixtures

• Reviewed: 21 February 2019

Location close to ferry dock, and the style of decoration...

The little details inside the room. No glasses cups, the hooks for towels clothes were unpractical

Location close to ferry dock, and the style of decoration the architectural concept of melting together classic and modern

• Reviewed: 20 February 2019

No risk for a traveler booking accommodation on a budget! We_Crociferi is the best!
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

I was grateful for the blankets in the compartment under my bed - but I was doubtful of how clean they were. But that was my only concern.

I was firstly surprised by the contemporary interior design of the reception, bar and lifts. Both receptionists I met during my stay were friendly and helpful. My hostel room was neat and clean - I loved the white bedding and towels neatly made up on my bed because that proved to me that it was clean. I enjoyed the set up of the hostel suite with a common kitchenette and lounge area, a shared bathroom with two showers, toilets and baisins, and only two beds per room. I was the yongest single lady there (Im in my 20s) - the other ladies were in their 30s and 40s. This shows that the hostel was suited to not only young students, but it's also suitable for respectable adults. I would recommend We_Crociferi to any solo traveler who is looking for decent affordable accommodation in Venice!

• Reviewed: 19 February 2019

Setting

Lack of glasses in bathroom and lack of cups and boiler to make my own tea or coffee in the room. clothes towel and coats slip on the floor when you try to hung them at the tiny hooks which are stylish but not fit for purpose

Setting

• Reviewed: 17 February 2019

Very good taste in design, clean and with good accommodation.
    • Studio Apartment

Only single bedding mostly and very short breakfast service (no replenishment until the ending hour, by then everything is empty, therefore it is advised to go quite earlier).

Very good taste in design, clean and with good accommodation.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2019

Cool place to stay
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

I paid for the dryer even though none of them were working, so I wished that had been addressed before I paid for laundry.

Easy to find, interesting structure, rooms were big and clean, bathrooms were clean, good location, laundry available, felt homey.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2019

Excellent location!
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Everything was perfect except for the atmosphere. Not many opportunities to meet other travellers. More like a hotel than a hostel.

Excellent location!

• Reviewed: 3 February 2019

It exceeded my expectations!
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

There is free wi-fi, but it is a bit slow.

The rooms are actually apartments, three bedrooms with two beds each and a shared kitchen, bathroom and common area with TV. It was very clean, modern, the room has a huge wardrobe (you can lock it if you have a padlock), drawers under the bed and the kitchen has an oven, stove and kettle (it does not have a microwave). After check-out, you can leave your luggage there (and again, if you have a padlock, you can lock it and walk around the city relaxed). There is also a bar inside the hostel that has a beautiful view to canals, do not forget to check it :)

• Reviewed: 2 February 2019

Beautiful place in a beautiful city!
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

I think separating the dorms into two people a room is both a massive bonus, but can also eliminate the communal culture of meeting people (particularly for a solo traveller)

The rooms were spacious, clean, super warm and cozy and the shared kitchen and bathrooms were the same. Although I booked to share a dorm, the “dorms” are split up into rooms with two beds, so you really only share with one other person and then all share the communal kitchen/bathrooms. This was a nice bonus and provided a lot of space for relaxing after a long day out. The courtyard and bar were lovely and a nice space to hang out in. Also the fact that it was a convent previously made the culture aspect a little more awesome.

Stayed in January 2019

• Reviewed: 14 January 2019

The location was amazing, especially the history attached to...

The location was amazing, especially the history attached to the place. The beds were super comfortable and we loved the interiors. The staff was very friendly and recommended some really great places to eat.

Stayed in January 2019

• Reviewed: 18 December 2018

The rooms are spacious and clean.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

1. I was charged 50% more than what other people paid for the same room for the same night. I made the reservation through booking.com a month in advance whereas they got the room directly from the reception at a much lesser price. 2. The person at the bar is very unprofessional. The closing time of the bar is 11pm. A couple of friends and I went to the bar around 10.45pm and the bartender rudely said that the bar is closed and told us to never come after 10pm. Never received such an answer from any bartender.

The rooms are spacious and clean. Very close to water taxi stand.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2018

Excellent stay !
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

-The pillow is too flat. -The breakfast is really poor. I'm not expecting cooked food like pizza or pasta but a least they can provide more variety of pastries, raw vegetables and cut fruits.

-The heater in the room works really well. -The room is cleaned and tidied every day. - The water temperature is very easy to control during shower. - Large kitchen and public area. - Tight security measures taken. Have to scan the card twice and use the key once before able to enter the room. - Extremely near to number 12 water bus station which provide the transportation to beautiful small towns of Murano and Burano.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2018

Property's location is very good, it's very close to...

Bathroom was not properly clean. Some of the restaurant staff were bit rude when we ordered.

Property's location is very good, it's very close to ferry terminal. You can walk on the port at night. Reception host was very welcoming and polite.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2018

Good
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

I had to leave early morning and I couldn't take a shower as there was no hot water I did run the shower for about 5 - 8 mins but no hot water.

Everything was pretty much good. On the positive note this is the only hostel that I had stayed in that provided towels and shower gel would say it's definitely worth the money.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2018

It's gorgeous hostel.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The kitchen has no equipment such corcscrew and good knifes. But that's all))

It's gorgeous hostel. The best ever. Cozy, clean rooms just for 2 people. Kitchen just for 14-16 people. Every day the spread the bed, change towels, like in a best hotels. The location is perfect!!! Close to Fondamenta Misericordia, where are a lot of local people hang out. And there's a fascinating terrace with a chanal view. So, it's absolutely perfect 😉

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: 14 November 2018

A lovely hotel with a groovy outdoor centre and close to a DELICIOUS restaurant near the water.
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

It is a little far from the centre of this city.

This place is amazing! So beautiful inside while still maintaining it's character. You have your own amazing apartment.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2018

Almost everything.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Almost nothing. The price is a bit expensive, but it's in Venice so understandable.

Almost everything. The location is great, only 2 minutes walking to water taxi ports. Rooms are spacious, well-lit, clean, and have comfy beds. Common rooms are so spacious and well decorated. Would be nice if they can offer free breakfast!

• Reviewed: 5 November 2018

The stay was great but music..

Atmosphere. I mean, it's ok, but it's too big to give kinda personal touch for everyone but think about small things what could make the guest happy. Smth small and simple. Music. Guys, it was below the level. Sorry. Too big to be cozy.

Venue, location, breakfast, bed, view through the window was amazing etc. The idea of the hostel is great - very old monastery with minimal correction turned in to a big hostel. I like the idea! Glad about staying there in general.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2018

We expected more, but it was nice anyway.

We got an adapted room, so the equipment of the bathroom wasn't too confort, the shower with the fixed stool left small place for a stand up bath and the toilet was too tall with the openned front, very uncomfortable. At evening, the area feels a little to dark and distant to walk alone.

Venice is always wonderful, the place, even in an old (and wonderful) build, inside the decor is modern and clean, a nice contrast. The bed was wonderful and the room was very large.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2018

Brand new on the inside and flawlessly clean.
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Shower wasn’t that hot when I stayed!

Brand new on the inside and flawlessly clean. Comfortable beds and rooms have everything that you need. Really great staff and the breakfast was super varied and fresh. Good vibe in the courtyard in the afternoon. Loved staying here.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2018

Beautiful old building , clean and spacious room.

There was a power cut and no running water in our room the day we arrived. I do appreciate this was due to the acqua alta. But they also closed the bar so we couldn't get anything to eat or drink!

Beautiful old building , clean and spacious room. Great location - very near to Fondamonte Nove - and in nice quiet neighbourhood.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2018

Located in a quiet neighborhood away from all the tourists.

A little on the expensive side for a hostel, however the location and service was great.

Located in a quiet neighborhood away from all the tourists. The building itself is amazing with lots of spaces for hanging out. The breakfast was inexpensive and delicious. We were lucky enough to be able to check in early, which was very convenient. The room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and gave great recommendations. We had a nice room with a canal view.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2018

Excellent place located at local people area, around 10...

The bath room is to be improved, the ground would be covered by water after shower

Excellent place located at local people area, around 10 minutes to the Piazza San Marco by walk. The overall environment is interesting and vivid, we can meet many local students here and understand their life

• Reviewed: 25 October 2018

Stay here for the deck view alone, & it's open spaces.
    • Superior Twin Room

The price of a single room stay should have stated clearly that no breakfast was included. But I did enjoy the pay bar espresso and vino by the glass daily.

The room was huge and it had fantastic spaces for lounging and reading. Lovely old space mixed with modern .

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

Very atmospheric place

poor wifi, the room didn't have it all

Very atmospheric place. Old huge building, located next to the vaporetto stop. The room Windows faced the canal. The room had everything you need, a lot of cabinets, good lighting, people from neighboring rooms did not hear at all, very good sound insulation. Lived in October in the room was warm. For Breakfast it was the same, but it was enough and convenient that I do not need to go far. The hotel looks even better than the pictures. I recommend to all!

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

The lock on the room was broken/missing.
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

The lock on the room was broken/missing. There were two other pass coded doors between that and the outside, so noone got in who shouldn't have, but still surprising, and not ideal

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Felt part of history in this renovated 12 century building. Would highly recommend . Fantastic valu

While the rooms are very clean and renovated, set up for student accommodation Twin / student share bedding arrangements Felt a little like we were studying However, pros far outweigh cons

Fantastic location close to water transport from airport Wonderful old building tastefully renovated Grat breakfasts provided at 7 euros Close walking to major Venice attractions Array of restaurants nearby

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

perfect location, and the venue is beautiful
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

I have no complaint at all.

I loved the location, not in the crowded area, easy walk from everything, I really enjoyed being on the ''north shore'' of Venise. I felt very safe walking at anytime.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Friendly and convenient!

Only few minutes walk from the boat stop from/to the airport. You don't have to carry your suit case over all the bridges and that was so convenient. Very nice atmosphere and good breakfast . Staff was very helpful, too!

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Comfortable stay, great location, nice ambience, lively atmosphere.

Kettle for making tea/coffee were missing. Floor felt cold. Carpet or rugs would have added to comfort, as it was cold.

Room and bathroom were good sized and bright. Elevator made the third floor convenient. It was neat and clean. Towels were replaced everyday. Sit outs on the courtyard and the canal side were nice to have coffee and relax. Luggage room added to the convenience. Location was excellent, as ferry station was 2 minutes walk and all tourist attractions were within walking distances. Took ferry only to reach train station with luggage. Breakfast for 7€ was good with croissants, boiled eggs, cold meats, cheese, yoghurt, preserves, fresh fruits, tea, coffee and cappuccino.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Amazing place!
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Eventhough I paid for a mixed room I didn't know the rooms had only two beds, which as a girl was weird to sleep with a complete stranger both alone in the room, in the top of that the stranger being a male. Besides that everything else was amazing! I recommend this place! Is really worth it.

The location is great! Just next to the pier. The place is really nice, an old monastery. Is clean and comfortable. Staff really nice and friendly

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Breakfast was adequate for the price, but staff made us a...
    • Superior Twin Room

Breakfast was basic, but was still decent.

Breakfast was adequate for the price, but staff made us a hot coffee each on request. Property was in a good location and very well fitted out. Would recommend to anyone.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

We only stayed here one night but the rooms was comfortable and clean. Friendly/helpful staff

Bathroom was a little awkward, couldnt figure out how to flush the toilet for a while and the toilet was very high

Nice room, good bar, felt and looked very clean. Staff were friendly

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

It was wonderfull I will be back.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The lockers at the room were not working.

The breakfast was more of what I was expecting. The apartments room were amazing. From all my stays in Italy this is my favorite.

Showing 1 – 75

We Price Match
We Price Match
Low rates • No booking fees • Find cheaper? We'll refund the difference!
Browse Combo Venezia traveller photo gallery