Reviews of Doctors Cave Beach Hotel 3 stars

Gloucester Avenue, JM Montego Bay, Jamaica

#27 of 36 hotels in Montego Bay

6.2

6.2

It was ok...I would stay again once am in Montego Bay.
    • Standard King or Double Room

I don’t like the breakfast idea...I think that the breakfast menu can be a little different...

I liked that the premise had extra amenities like the jacuzzi and mini gaming lounge

Great location, maintenance staff is awesome.
    • Standard King or Double Room

Run down rooms, staff don't seem happy to be there, very noisy with no screen protection from mosquitoes

Great location, maintenance staff is awesome...

Price point for the location seems appropriate for a generally motel type of place
    • Standard King or Double Room

It jst seemed untidy but it was what you'd expect for the price. It wasn't amazing service. The bed wasn't comfortable.

Well it gave me access to the beach. The location is obviously central at the hip strip in Montego Bay. I enjoyed the beach.

No Wi-Fi in the room
    • Standard King or Double Room

I couldn't get WiFi in the room. I think that they should be required to sat that it can only be accessed at the front desk and by the bar. I also believe they overcharged me. They charged in excess of $50 for taxes which I believe was bogus.

It was well renovated.

convenient to shopping and other beaches
    • Standard King or Double Room

The front desk management needs to communicate and work better with other front desk staff and not leaving them by themselves to address difficult concerns or questions a guest might have.

It was just continental breakfast, no eggs, no bacon, none of the other breakfast stuff. We booked through a third party, but For the most part, the staff was great, property was clean, room was acceptable.

The location of the hotel was in walking distance of most...
    • Standard King or Double Room

The amenities needs to be modernized along with the furniture

The location of the hotel was in walking distance of most entertainment spots if you are into tourist like attractions as well as food area. its right across from Tracks and Record Restaurant owned by Usain Bolt

People friendly

Bed a little lumpy Linens old and worn BUT clean

People friendly In the middle of the Hip Strip Parking spot right next door Fruit at breakfast fresh and perfect Good cup of coffee for breakfast;)

The hotel needs to be renovated badly!
    • Standard King or Double Room

The place is run down. The rooms smelled old, the linens were old and colors were washed out, the towels looked beige than white. The breakfast was toast with jelly snd small portions of fruits. The wifi was so weak I couldn't get online with it. The place is badly in need of a rehab.

The staff, especially Racquel in the breakfast area.

Breakfast is very poor for a hotel

Only the staff ,

The staff was great but the owner for the property was very rude but praise God I’m out of there ..I really don’t want to go back there

Kenny!
    • Standard King or Double Room

Kenny! The bartender at the hotel made our stay! He will recommend where to go, what to do or any other questions you have he was always happy to help!:) And in general he sets the amazing atmosphere at the hotel!:) Thnx Kenny!:)

Value for money
    • Superior King or Double Room

Reception staff can be more friendly. I think the beds can also be updated.

I was pleasantly surprised with the entertainment area. Location excellent.

Wonderful location, great staff, would definitely return
    • Standard King or Double Room

The rooms were very clean, but the beds were old and not the most comfortable. This would NOT deter us from recommending to friends or returning.

The location of this hotel is awesome - right on the Hip Strip and walkable distance to restaurants, shopping, beaches, ATM, grocery store, etc. The staff was helpful in recommending places to go and helping arrange rides. Kenny the bartender is outstanding - he made the trip for us. On Saturday night, they hosted a free rum punch happy hour and had a local family cooking jerk chicken, rice and peas and salad. It was delicious! They have a pool, hot tub and pool tables - plus free wifi in the common areas.

Location was great
    • Standard King or Double Room

Where do I start , we got there just after 6.00 in the evening and was told we can’t be properly checked in until the following morning . The room was dark and extremely dated ... bathroom looked unclean . In the morning I was hit with all these hidden charges that almost doubled the price! We where booked In for 2 nights but only stayed the 1 . Most of the Staff where incompetent and unprofessional ( bar guy was nice ) in a nutshell I won’t be staying at doctors cave again!

Location was great

Its location to the airport is super convenient and we enjoyed our stay there.
    • Standard King or Double Room

We had trouble finding a place for dinner, no recommendation/little help from staff in this area.

The hotel is cute, quirky, and colorful. It’s clean and the staff is friendly. Also enjoyed Doctors cave Beach Club. $6 is reasonable for a lovely beach swim experience.

A good start to our 1st 2 nights of our 2 weeks travelling round Jam.
    • Standard King or Double Room

- close busy road & worst at weekend - bad traffic - rooms are a bit outdated but doable!

- good cheap family hotel for families - good choices for breakfast - lovely family oriented swimming pool - fab games room for families - near the fab souvenirs shops - very close to famous Doctor Cave Beach

My overhaul experience at Dr's Cave hotel.
    • Standard King or Double Room

I paid almost twice the price I initially booked for as alot of hidden charges were applied and as I am a UK citizen and did not have USD in my possession it meant I paid alot more in JMD. The deal I thought I got was £450 and ended up paying £675. Also I was annoyed that we were being charged to enter the Dr's Cave bathing club across the road from the hotel.

It was clean and the staff were very polite and professional.

It was horrible won’t stay there again
    • Standard King or Double Room

No internet in the room, the room was flooded all out things on the floor got wet included stuff in our luggage, we complain and no one came to check with us

The name doctors cave everything else was horrible

Mrs shernett Cornish

Everything was nice the pool

The bar tender Kenny and other staff was very friendly love it and will stay here again it is all so good for family and young children

The location was perfect.
    • Standard King or Double Room

The property could use some updating and sprucing up here and there. Our bed was a king made by two twin beds pushed together. The mattresses were old and if you managed to roll over where the two twins met, it was very uncomfortable.

The location was perfect. Everyone was courteous and very helpful. I really liked our balcony and the sense of being outside while still inside. The common areas were bright and welcoming.

Great Location and an OK stay for value
    • Standard King or Double Room

Wifi only on common areas and really slow Staff needs improvement on customer service They have no orientation to guests on activities outside this place

They probably have one of the best locations on the hip strip They are clean They have the "jamaican vibe" kind of look

Very dissatisfied, would not stay again.
    • Standard King or Double Room

The Room was dirty, Room felt very unsecured. Bed was uncomfortable, itchy and we woke up with bug bites Asked for a quiet room - the windows had louvers, not glass or screens, the street noise was so loud we had to wear ear plugs to sleep. breakfast was poor, they brought you fruit and breads - you didn't get a choice.

Front Desk was helpful

I am sure they can do better, it is a good brand
    • Standard King or Double Room

Breakfast was called continental but had only fruits, bread and pastry, at least eggs should have been there. No water was kept in the room. The rooms were dark so a little bit of better lighting would have been ideal.

The Staff was warm and the location perfect. The front décor was good, and the place was nice and quiet.

Great place
    • Standard King or Double Room

Soundproofing could be better between rooms.

I only stayed for one night. The staff was great and helpful. The room clean , tidy with plenty of space. The decor would need a bit of a make over. Best location, just next to the beach, shops and restaurants. I'll stay there again for sure next time.

If I were to return to Jamaica I would book this hotel...... and, btw, I own a small hotel myself.
    • Standard King or Double Room

Everything was great. If I had to complain, Id say the small fountain should have been running as I love them, but, no problem, mon.

This well located and historic hotel was a dream. Its website does not begin to do it justice. The beds and hot tub were great. The breakfast was wonderful and the staff was over the top committed to the hotel and guests. I own a boutique hotel in Wisconsin myself and I know what my guests want. This place delivered.

It was really clean and pretty well maintained.
    • Standard King or Double Room

It was really clean and pretty well maintained. The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful with getting us in and around town. The landscaping was also really pretty and it had a great looking bar. Unfortunately the weather wasn't too cooperative to go in the pool, but they definitely took great care of it.

Great spot for a few days in Mobay!
    • Superior King or Double Room

Beds, pillows and linens need to be upgraded. Hard, flat and scratchy. No food options other than continental breakfast on site.

Location. Across from doctors cave beach. Old time charm in this property. Lovely landscaping. Clean. Decent pool. Loved Kenny, the bartender!

Ok for a night but would be awful for a week
    • Superior King or Double Room

It was pretty basic and need refurbishing and modernising The property is overpriced for the standard of the accommodation You had to buy Jamaican breakfast which should have been included in the price You had no option but a continental breakfast and we are in Jamaica which makes this so ridiculous The colours of the room was awful and looks like we were in a time machine back into seventies Jamaica

Like the location

Would not go back
    • Standard King or Double Room

The staff especially management were not helpful when there was an issue...I would not go back. The charged twice as much than what I booked online and wanted to charge if I checked out. Very poor stay. The placed an additional charge on my account which to date has not been resolved and they don't seem to care much.

If you want to be close to the beach and don't care about anything else...stay here.
    • Standard King or Double Room

The pictures of the room did not match the room we had. it was out dated. Our king size bed were two twin beds put together to make a king. The middle of each bed was sunken. It felt like we were in servant quarters. Continental breakfast consist of fruits, bread and a small muffin. Continental breakfast is free. If you want the Jamaican breakfast that's $10.00 US dollars per person. The food there is expensive and lacks taste. You would do better to catch a cab to the main shopping areas to catch a bite. One night we came in at 12 am to find the hotel doors locked. We pushed the door and a security guard unlocked the door and let us in. That set off a red flag for me. Anyone can walk in. Guest are not given special bands or bracelets. At night gunshots could be heard. One night I was so frightened I got no sleep. When we asked to change rooms they wanted to charge us a $30.00 a night upgrade fee. The bathroom tiny. If you plan to spend little to no time in your room and hearing sounds of gunshots at night don't scare you---you should be fine. Most of the staff are pleasant.

the location close to the beach there is a pool and a place where you can partake in exercise(equipment outdated)

The hotel needs updated furniture and appeal !
    • Standard King or Double Room

The hotel is aged and the beds were not comfortable , bed covers and window treatments were very aged and bed mattress may have bed bugs as I got two bites that happened insiide the room. The hot tub did not work and there were a lot of ants in the gym area and restaurants area.

The location was good, breakfast food and food by the chef that came in a couple of nights was very good. The staff did not know a lot about activities and how to book fun tours, they only referred you to local taxi on the strip.

Adequate
    • Standard King or Double Room

There wasn't much to choose from at breakfast, same thing everyday gets boring after 2 weeks! Hotel facilities were unclean and general upkeep was not great.

The staff were friendly and polite, especially the girls who made breakfast, the hotel assistants and bartender!

Great place for the price with no frills- perfect
    • Standard King or Double Room

The water temperature, in the rooms, was inconsistent

It was exact what I was looking for; basically a place to rest my head at night, shower, have a light breakfast and be on my way.

The price did not match the property. Good location
    • Suite

Female staff (front desk) who worked 18th and 19th had a very bad attitude.bartender was Very efficient and friendly. Bath towels wasnt enough. We travelled with a child and cereal wasnt included in the continental breakfast. Bed was hard

Poor. Would not stay or recommend.
    • Standard King or Double Room

The WiFi was only available in communal areas and even then the WiFi was poor. As a working person abroad it is important for me to pick up emails. This is something that I could not do. The decor in the room looked like something from the 80s and with the price that my family and I paid it was definitely not worth it. The breakfast that was promised was below average. This was by far the worst place that I have stayed abroad.

Maybe better at high peak season...
    • Standard King or Double Room

Those "king size" beds are 2 single beds put together, and the crack in the middle is very uncomfortable. The continental breakfast sucks, food as well as staff. The poor girls working breakfast look very unhappy and not so friendly. They would be better of with a self serve buffet. We were hoping for good music and fun in the bar, but it was dead empty :(

The hotel is very cute, love the paint job, and great location. Air conditioning is top notch, can't hear it.

My stay at Doctor's Cave was a terrible experience i wouldn't stay there again nor recommend it!
    • Standard King or Double Room

The room#51 the bed felt all the springs in it,very uncomfortable,and the room just look like it need to be updated,the bathroom sink was clogged up,if it want so late when i arrived 1030pm and us being exhausted i would have stayed somewhere else for the night!i paid$117usd for Doctors cave and the room look like it was meant for a working girl(prostitute)!Never would stay there again nor would i recommend it to anyone!Im a U.S. citizen and this room look like this is what people who would rent it for that reason!I thought it was a very nice place always heard about it and it's nothing like what you see on the internet!It was my boyfiend's birthday and it just wasn't nice at all,not what i had expected!

It was on hip strip

Deeply Disappointing Doctors Cave Hotel - watch out for the unexpected add-ons
    • Standard King or Double Room

Where to start? Rip off additions to cost after booking by Hotel. Rip off breakfast - 2 slices of bread toasted, 2 stale mini cakes from the corner shop and 2 half slices of melon wouldn't feed a hamster. Broken bed and rattling headboard. Noise from High Street. Can't open curtains as exposed to walking/ driving past. Unbelievably disappointed. I've stayed at the Wexford and Deja Vue resorts and got much more value for my buck - proper cooked breakfasts included, free wifi in your room - NOT available at Doctors Cave Hotel. Pub with no food for late arrivals that may have arrived off a plane and hungry. Never again.

Friendly eager helpful staff. Good location on Montego Bay Strip

The day I arrived I had a most unpleasant experience.
    • Standard King or Double Room

The day I arrived I had a most unpleasant experience. The woman at the desk tried to give us an unkept, smelly, unprepared room and not the type of room I had booked on the 4th tfloor. Although a clean room was prepared of which I had booked. Upon seeing us she judged we were not deserving of that room. O what bias and prejudices.

4.0
    Overall nice
    • Standard King or Double Room

The free breakfast was poor. Three pieces of bread and three pieces of tiny fruit. The juice was not very tasty. The breakfast staff was unprofessional, sitting in the back and chatting with each other instead of attending the guests

Overall nice

A good place to get a taste of Montego Bay but have to be prepared to explore the area
    • Suite

Breakfast was limited but still nice to have something The road is noisy and there is construction across the street

the atmosphere of the hotel, the friendly breakfast server name Sasha and the fact that breakfast was outside by the pool, the good strong coffee was a great start to the day, the location was within walking distance to several restaurants and if you want a feel of Jamaica then this is a good place to stay We just stayed for 3.5 days on the way to another location and one of those days we went to the Doctors Cave beach across the street and another day we hired the driver who was outside the hotel to take us to Negril which was definitely worth it The manager was very friendly and the rum punch party was a nice bonus with a good bartender who kept filling up your glass

Stay somewhere else
    • Standard King or Double Room

The hotel is on a busy street with people that are just standing around begging for money. The hotel is becoming run down. There are no real comforts. The wifi is only in the lobby. There is an all included resort and a Holiday inn down the street, just spend the extra few dollars and stay at one of them.

The air conditioner worked great in my room! Housekeeping did a good job. The caterers that brought breakfast in did a good job. The hotel security helped my daughter and I and recommended a good driver. Very close to the beach. The beach is beautiful.

Clean but I won't return to this hotel unless it's been renovated and under new management.
    • Standard King or Double Room

I hated being thrown in room 8 which had a view of Bush on one side and the roof with fixtures on the other. What I hated the most was the smileless front desk attendant who seemed angry. The bed was high in the middle and low on both sides, which was so uncomfortable.

Nothing really. I was tremendously disappointed. Although the poolside jerk chicken was expensive, it was worth it because it was the best, most moist I had ever had.

Montego bay trip
    • Standard King or Double Room

I wasn't happy that a hot breakfast wasn't part of the continental breakfast. It should've been; included in the room rate as other similar hotels do.

Loved the room decor.

Optimal location and normal service.
    • Standard King or Double Room

The newly built hotel closes all of the sea view. Sad. Internet connection is slow, breakfast is very tiny. All else is good.

Excellent location, 20min by foot from airport, 100m to the seashore, 30 min by foot to the city center. Rooms are old but clean, decsent air conditioning. Breakfast is tiny, only some toasts, fruits and juice, but the coffee is fine. A bit expensive for this amount of service, but the location in my case was decisive.

Friendly, courteous staff at doctors cave made the experience worthwhile
    • Standard King or Double Room

The waitress who served breakfast the morning after our arrival was very rude. The living area in the suit was also warm, not cool enough.

I really liked the staff except the dining room experience. The waitress that served at has absolutely no customer service skills. However, the guys who helped with the luggage and the ladies at the front desk were very friendly, courteous, proffessional and kind.

Rude front desk and reservation staff, not accommodating!
    • Standard King or Double Room

Front desk staff and reservation agent had no customer service skills. I called two days before I arrived that I will be arriving early. When I arrived, staff was not accommodating and she told me I need to pay $25 to check in early. I was so puzzled because nobody said anything when I called. Furthermore, if the rooms are available, why not let the guests check in. Plus they were giving me a hard time with my reservation. After 30 mins, I told them I no longer want to stay there and they have the audacity to ask why!

Location, close to the airport!

The hotel needs a lot of updating, and a complete remodel ...
    • Superior King or Double Room

Decor. Restaurant...one is needed. Amenities???

The hotel needs a lot of updating, and a complete remodel as far as furnishing/decor, technology, entertainment and food/restaurant. I was there in 2011/2012 and its a shame, nothing has change as far as appearance and amenities. The furnishing are aged and out dated. It appears it is the same from it's first day of operation. The staff is amazing. The location is great. For what I needed for the short stay, I received. I'd go back just for staff and location only. Front desk staff wonderful, bartender (Kenny) great (really keeps you entertained and a smile on your face) and the driver "Bigga" they referred me to was a god sent. I felt very safe with him, and I will definitely use him again and also refer him to anyone visiting the area. Would I recommend this hotel yes, very much. If you are not looking for anything "posh", and a good price to be able to explore other parts of the island. Once they do some serious remodeling....look out.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Stay away!!!!
    • Standard King or Double Room

What a terrible experience! When we first got to the hotel we were greeted by staff that were very unfriendly. There was some sort of mix up about paying for the hotel - we booked our hotel thru booking.com (gave credit card information) but yet when we arrived at the hotel, we were told that someone did not "pull" our information and so we had to use our card again and pay for the hotel! Meaning that now we have to pay foreign transaction fees. No one was apologetic about it either even though they were at fault. Location: There is construction going on across from the hotel, pretty loud Staff: Not friendly Overall: We won't be returning, no thanks

The rooms were colorful and bright

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Doctors Cave Beach Hotel
    • Standard King or Double Room

Air conditioning did not work properly and had nightstand light beside bed but not plugged in as there was no outlet to plug into.

The breakfast staff and the bar man when we arrived Tuesday that served us rum punch. The front office staff that assisted us in trying to find night activities.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Miss Hamilton
    • Standard King or Double Room

No A/C working had to buy myself a large fan to put in my room in which I was not happy about also was overcharge for the hotel confusing Us dollars and Jamaican dollars

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Adequate but not for the picky person.
    • Standard King or Double Room

Wifi in room was terrible, no toiletries in shower, AC unit right at the head of the bed so it blows freezing air at your head all night, but you have to keep it on, otherwise very hot. No actual window, just wooden shutters and the the room was on the street so you can hear loud trucks traffic, and cars with loud music all night. No power outlets in the room, only in the washroom and outlets only works when you leave the light on.

Breakfast staff very attentive.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Rum oclock
    • Standard King or Double Room

The decor and facilities are in need of a refresh but for a couple of nights stay the welcomeness of the staff over shadows this

Super friendly staff rum punch hour excellent ..

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Fine for short stays
    • Superior King or Double Room

The staff were very friendly, but the hotel is quite basic and the rooms are dated. We were only staying one night and I would recommend it for short stays like this. I felt it was overpriced for what it was. However, it was clean and the bar area was nice.

Kevin, the bartender, is the ONLY reason to stay here!
    • Standard King or Double Room

Not in a great area. No food except for the "continental breakfast"

Kevin, the bartender, is the ONLY reason to stay here! He's amazing! However.... if he takes you shopping, be warned...you'll pay more than double for duty free booze.

Great location ..good staff
    • Standard King or Double Room

Everything was to our satisfaction

Great location ..we went in the off season ..May so it was fairly quiet which was quite enjoyable ..Kenny the bartender was awesome and a lot of fun

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

I wouldn't bother
    • Standard King or Double Room

The room was awful, the windows didn't close properly so you would hear noise coming from the street. The hotel was dated and the pool and jacuzzi looked old and dirty. The breakfast was just toast, cake and a quarter of a pre pealed banana, a segment of an orange and a small piece of water melon. THERE IS NO HOT FOOD, BECIDES LUKEWARM TOAST. good luck to anyone who stays here, this hotel needs updating ASAP!

Leaving

Montego Bay short stay
    • Standard King or Double Room

The breakfast was very basic. The location is on the apparent 'hip - strip' which is actually a really noisy road that actually doesn't feature much after nightfall.

The staff at the reception were great. It is a simple place; a little dated.

Memorable
    • Standard King or Double Room

The hotel bar was too expensive. It is a great hotel but I think I'd get bored staying there more than a week - which may reflect more on me and Montego Bay rather than the Doctor's Cave Hotel.

Perfect location for a short stay. Located on Gloucester Avenue near to bars and beach, and the airport is very close. The area felt safe with a visible police presence and the hotel was secure and quiet. The hotel has a colourful decoration and an interesting layout. The staff were friendly and polite. I returned to the hotel the following week after traveling elsewhere in Jamaica and I would stay there again.

Value at Doctors Cave Beach Hotel
    • Suite

I feel that a better breakfast could be offered and if they were to serve food on location for lunch and dinner it would bring more customers. Also if they offered a wrist band for entrance to Doctors cave beach that would be beneficial to customers as well.

The location is excellant, the staff is very courteous. Marcella is amazing at reservations. Rooms are clean and cold!

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

All the staff members are nice and polite, Kenny is the man!
    • Standard King or Double Room

Maybe the breakfast could be a buffet with more choices, but to be honest everything that we had was good

All the staff members are nice and polite, Kenny is the man! He's amazing, he helped us a lot! They are all friendly and always ready to help you or advice you! The best beach in Montego bay is only 3mins walking from the hotel and everything is closed to it! I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family.

Great location, hotel with basic amenties and little else.....
    • Standard King or Double Room

The room was basic....near the road so we could hear traffic at night. Bathroom barely had any amenities - no shampoo or hair dryer. I requested for a hair dryer and it took a day for them to find it and give it to me. The toilet flooded because plumbing wasn't great. The breakfast was very basic - toast, cake and fruits. There was no freshly cooked food like eggs.

The hotel is located in a great place...stone's throw away from the hip strip and restaurants like Margaritaville and just opposite to Doctor's Cove beach and nearby supermarkets. The staff were also very friendly and currency exchange rate was good. The room I had booked was reasonably priced.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Great place without frills
    • Standard King or Double Room

Bar prices, $20 for a vodka/cranberry and a margarita with Gran Marnier. I didn't like that. However $4 for beer 😎

Continental breakfast included coffee, juices, toasts and pastries.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

A simple, but fun accommodation right in the middle of the Montego bay!
    • Standard King or Double Room

Doctors Cave Beach Hotel was an awesome place to stay for our first time in Jamaica! Mr. C and the front desk staff were always there to help us with any questions we had and they were always smiling ! Kenny at the Grotto bar was one of the highlights of our entire trip, super down to earth guy who is always telling jokes and making everyone around him feel more at home! He will help you with any insider info on what to do and how to do it. He is definitely a friend for life.

Nice location, but that's about it!!
    • Standard King or Double Room

Decor is dated. Rooms need upgrading. Restaurant needs upgrading. The whole hotel needs upgrading. The free breakfast was limited to only fruit, toast, muffins and choice of beverage, but no eggs, meat, pancakes, French toast or traditional Jamaican breakfast.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Wonderful!!!
    • Standard King or Double Room

I didn't like the continental breakfast. That can be improved upon.

Your management and staff were wonderful. They were pleasant and greeted us with such charm. We will definitely come again God's willing. Oh about all the young lady who does meet and greet was great. Not to talk of Kenneth the Bar Tender please keep him for every he made us laugh so hard. My sisters and brother came from another hotel and joined us there and oh he had them in stitches. Your General Manager Ted also was very pleasant. Generally speaking your staff were great and they were all polite. We had a great time there and cannot wait to come again.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Good for a one night stay
    • Standard King or Double Room

Somewhat overpriced for what we got. Breakfast was just OK.

Location was great - could walk to restaurants. Staff were attentive, helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

A piece of paradise
    • Standard King or Double Room

I found it odd that the wifi wouldn't reach in the rooms and breakfast wasn't as filling. The price per night was a bit high.

The staff is amazing. They were super friendly and very helpful. I loved the jacuzzi and the location. Perfect isolation. Amazing bar atmosphere

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Good Vibe
    • Standard King or Double Room

I can't say that there was anything that I had strong enough feelings that I would say I didn't like.

Location was great. It was across the street from Doctor's Cave beach. Pool and bar area are very comfortable and clean. Service was excellent from the front desk to the bar tender to any other member of the staff. Towels were available for the beach which was a nice surprise. It was a very good value and had a good vibe.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Proximity to beaches and the Hip Strip
    • Standard King or Double Room

I thought it was ridiculous the hotel is not affiliated with the beach. They should have at least some type of discount considering Doctor's Cave Beach is right across the street. Or change the hotel name! Its misleading. Oh, and breakfast was pitiful. Not worth my money whatsoever. Please improve!

Proximity to beaches and the Hip Strip

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

the location was good and the bar, and dining area was very...
    • Standard King or Double Room

No internet in the room, no easy chair to sit on in the room. Would have liked a proper double bed instead of two single beds.

the location was good and the bar, and dining area was very good. Liked the garden as well

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

ADEQUATE FOR ONE NIGHT
    • Standard King or Double Room

ROOMS WERE DATED. NO WI FI IN ROOM.SECURITY OF ROOM DOOR WAS NOT ADEQUATE NO RESTAURANT ON SITE FOR EVENING MEAL OR SNACK.

STAFF WERE HELPFUL. BREAKFAST GOOD VALUE

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

What's wrong with Doctor's Cave Beach Hotel.
    • Standard King or Double Room

Daily breakfast was nothing but toast with butter and jelly, a baby muffin, a piece of cake and coffee. Everyday!Where are the eggs, bacon...? If they're charging me for breakfast, then that was not breakfast! WiFi, they said free WiFi, but fail to say that the signal is only available in the common area in the lobby, not in the rooms. We are now living in the 21st century, I would like a refrigerator and microwave in my expensive room, there were none. There were no hair dryer or iron in the rooms. There is a safe, for a daily rental of $3 per day. The sheets and towels were old, dingy, and were probably white at one time. The bedspread was torn and ripped in many places, dingy, and old. Besides the so called breakfast, there are no restaurants or anywhere on the property that you could get something to eat. There are a couple of places to purchase water and soda, but expect to pay exorbitant prices. The hotel is located in a central location, but the management should upgrade and add the amenities and basic necessities that travelers would need to make their stay a memorable one.

The shower had great water pressure, and enough hot water. The room was clean and free of bugs.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Fantastic location, clean, helpful staff, poor decor, disappointing basic breakfast
    • Standard King or Double Room

Hidden extra taxes/costs not clear on booking.com site. Bed was uncomfortable and worn. Old tatty furnatiure and decor needs a refresh. Continental breakfast in Jamaica...? That was disappointing.

The staff were great and very helpful and attentive. The location was great. Reasonably priced for location and last minute booking.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Everything I needed in terms of relaxation and fun :)
    • Standard King or Double Room

Staff was very helpful, kind and made my experience great! Shout out to the best Bartender in Montego Bay, Jamaica, the one and only Kenny! Great vibes, lots of jokes and fun :)

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Location, location, location
    • Standard King or Double Room

Breakfast could be improved, need more variety

Professional, Welcoming, friendly staff, great location close to airport, beach and all amenities, hotel taxi on arrival was efficient