Reviews of Foote Prints on the Sands Hotel 3 stars

Negril Beach Road, P.O. Box 100, Negril, Jamaica

#41 of 48 hotels in Negril

5.5

• Superior Room

I had to change rooms 3 times. 1st room was just horrible bland grubby and unwelcoming. 2nd room the air-con wasn't working. 3rd room was nicely decorated and cosy. However the place is generally grubby. Workmanship around windows and doors is poor allowing insects to get in. The room is poorly organised in that whilst sitting on the bed I look straight into the bathroom ;so I was constantly looking at the toilet. The bathroom was very grubby with missing fixtures around the taps in the face basin. there was no hot water. I had to run the hot water in the shower for ten minutes in order to get tepid water. The airport transfer is basically a charter taxi costing JD$10,000 In the region on £65.

Helpful friendly staff. Cosy room. Nice beach. As a lone traveller the staff made my stay feel comfortable and safe.

• Superior Room

rooms need to be modernized price doesn't reflect the facilities

proximity to the beach is great staff is great and very accommodating massage therapist Dennis was absolutely awesome

• Superior Room

Some power plugs on the wall needed the light on to have power, then if you need to recharge your cellphone during the night you need to let the lights on.

I like a common clean room and bathroom with good wifi and the most important matter is the beach. A beach with some shadow places to rest.

• Superior Room

The price quoted online was very different from what I paid! It was not displayed clearly enough! I have used booking.com previously and paid in full online. This hotel you pay on arrival. I have stayed in All inclusive hotels for the same amount that I paid for this room. Also the room was very small.

The staff were pleasant. The WiFi was great. The beachfront property was lovely.

• Studio

Wifi was not ideal. While most wouldn't have to work while on a vacation some do so if you are one that needs a strong wifi signal this could pose a challenge. Restaurant food was good however the seemed to run out of a lot so I was given limited choices. Staff wasn't what I was use to. Most walked around like they weren't happy or you were bothering them when needing something. Room was okay. In much need of repair!!!

Beach and food

• Superior Room

Breakfast starts late. Inability to obtain drinks after 10pm. Bring your own.

Location and the beach. Quiet and clean. Fantastic beach party further down the strip. Ask rhe securiry guard for more details. Highly recommend Sweet Spot restaurant further down as well

• Superior Room

Paying after eating was not smooth, getting things the hotel know you need was not smooth. No beach towel and no TV and the phone in the room did not work when I tried to call the Reception. They did not have enough. They was no system. It was more like trial and error. Did not like that they didn't have the ingredients to make your meal. Most importantly the staff couldn't recommend anything from the menu.

The staff was friendly and courteous and helpful. It was a great spot. And I loved the food it was amazing and I like that we didn't have to wait long at the restaurant

• Superior Room

I stayed in three rooms during my three night stay. The electricity wasn’t working in the first room and the guy who came to fix it apparently flipped the breakers incorrectly because the next night it did work. Not that that matters because by then they had moved me to a room which had no hot water. Maintenance never checked up on it even though I asked twice in one day and then I was moved again after complaining a third time. In the final room everything actually worked. Also some of linens were old and stained, especially the towels.

Staff was friendly. Location on the beach excellent.

• Superior Room

The security guard on duty could not find my reservation info, causing longer that anticipated delay. limited parking. Room needed a full length mirror.

The services at the restaurant was very efficient. The property was very clean and well kept. staff very pleasant.

• Superior Room

It was dated. Room was old looking and needed improving. Reception was old and needed updating.gardens were well kept. No gift shop on the premises as stated on their website. Dining area is very old looking and boring.

Near to montego bay airport

• Superior Room

view from my room at construction next door

The restaurant was excellent located on the beach,very good food, i had an amazing conch curry,still drooling over !

• Superior Room

No HOT WATER. Poor customer service from front desk staff. My stay was for 13 days of which the first week I only had access to hot water in the shower 3 days. Each day the front desk staff kept giving me excuses like "it will be on shortly" or "a pipe burst." The front desk staff female rep was not friendly, did not smile and appeared as though I was bothering her. The male front desk rep Renae was very dismissive and brushed me off. There was another guest (from the UK) who had no water at all and we were both made to feel like we were making a big deal over nothing. I was switched to another room for the final week of my stay and still went another day without hot water until things were on and running. They don't tell you in advance, but if you pay with a credit card the hotel charges you an extra 5%. If you pay with cash you avoid the fee.

I liked that fact that the hotel was located on the beach. The housekeeping and security staff were very helpful and positive in their interactions with me.

• Deluxe Room

Cold water, if you want hot have to go find grounds guy and ask to have hot water tank turned on, learned that in my last days there. use to walk up in bath wrap screaming, cause phone didnt work in room. small beach area, not enough lounges for guest,didnt eat at there cause my buildings water ran to kitchen NO hot water, ugh no thank you. The little store to the left is cheaper for items not on property. Must try ivans falling star wonderful food, on westend

location, is about the only thing i can say good about this place! the one guy is extra nice , should have got his name, hes the one that turns the hot water on for me!!!!

• Superior Room

Bad food, staff is rude, I booked a room for 3 people and they just had one bed. On my checkin they could not find my reservation. An awful experience!!

• Deluxe Room

Small and short hotel beach Old furniture in the rooms Run-down rooms and bathrooms WiFi working intermittently just in the reception-no WiFi in rooms and beach Unhelpful and unfriendly staff as in the reception as in the restaurant No safe in some rooms No hairdryer No fridge No pots/cattles in kitchen (where available) Very old beach towels In the Booking.com reservation I asked for 2 twin rooms, we got double beds Breakfast pricy and scarse No good money for quality

The location on the 7 miles beach was wonderful

• Deluxe Room

Images on line were not like in the rooms. The bathroom of the first night did not have light, only two plugs in the entire room, the AC had no remote, the cable had 1 single channel working, only 1 of the 2 light bulbs in the room worked, it really was a beat up room and we were promised to be changed the following day, which still happened however the room was not that much better, internet was horrible and the value for the rooms was below acceptable. Also the jacuzzi pictured is complete

closeness to the beach

• Superior Room

There was insufficient parking. The staff was not kind or helpful. The staff was incompetent. How can you tell a guest to find somewhere in an unfamiliar environment to park because the parking lot is full and you don't have anywhere to park???? That was the first sign that I should have turned back and not venture in that hell hole. The room was nothing like what was advertised. I paid for two double beds that I did not receive. The furniture was dusty. The bed linens were filled with dust and spots and the room had an awful smell like it had been locked up for quite some time. The only reason my partner and i stayed for the couple of hours we did, everywhere else was fully booked. I am very relieved I made the decision to leave my child at home and i still had to pay for him because according to them they have to pay Booking.com. I did not spend my full two nights and there was no one with the intelligence enough to hear my case. It was an awful experience I would never recommend my worst enemy to stay there.

The infrastructure.

• Superior Room

The hotel room we stayed in is in need of modernisation. The room looked old and dated and the bathroom door needs fixing. The shower looks old and dated too. We were given a room with 1 double and 1 single bed when I booked a superior room with 2 double beds. This was rectified the following day but we had to sleep in the smaller room on our first night. The picture of the room looked better on the website! There was no hot water on our last day so we had to have a cold shower.

The rooms were cleaned and tidied daily and the staff were friendly and helpful. The beach was lovely and clean. Great location and there were plenty of places to eat and clubs nearby.

• Superior Room

there was no hot water for our 3 day stay. We ordered breakfast and the chef put one piece of bacon on the plate. when asked about this , she told us that is all he had, than charged us full price. we felt that we should have been compensated for no running hot water .

our room, the beach and location

• Superior Room

There was an added 5% that was not advertised, the cabel didn't work, there was nothing avalible on the menu for breakfast... the staff were friendly but not helpful at all.... I wouldn't stay here again.

They let me check in an hour early

• Superior Room

the best staff was the cleaning lady,the rest were unprofessional and clueless, especially the front desk girl,one of the security guards even ask me to borrow some money! This place is waaaaayyy overpriced, twice the rate of other hotels on the strip, Simple amenities like hot water and internet didnt work half the time we were there. they tried to lie and say it was the entire strip but the resort just next door had internet the whole time, which could be reached from my balcony.

the room was ok,really really old tv and the safe was missing a part so it could'nt be used

• Superior Room

Staff were quite unhelpful and several times the cleaner didn't manage to clean our room during her shift as she ran out of time. She said it was because they were understaffed as the hotel had sacked people. Also several times they ran out of towels and so didn't change them. Had to move rooms twice as they got the room bed set up wrong first time and the second time the safe and AC wasn't working in the second room. Room keys also can unlock more the one door! Finally, we had to completely re arrange the room ourselves in order to accommodate the extra sofa they just decided to not remove from the room!

The location of the hotel is great. Right on the beach and close to everything! Parking is good and right outside.

• Superior Room

Misunderstanding in package with what was offered when booked online and walk in to book. Had to pay extra for breakfast because I booked online. This wasn't budget for

The environment was very clean and pleasant

• Superior Room

The property (grounds and buildings) needs a good deal of capital improvement to command market rates. To be fair, I find this to be common among the smaller (possibly locally owned) hotels on the strip......great beach location but in need of basic updates.

Beach Location

• Superior Room

Check in was a nightmare, it took me almost an hour and I was the only one being attended to...the room wasn't ready and I was there after 3:00 pm. I didn't get an apology and when I got the room, there was only one face cloth with a promise to more later. It was just a bit sloppy, much better Customer service in a low end Motel in Canada. Also, I noticed fishermen cleaning their catch on the beach directly in front of the hotel and throw same in the water, this is where guests swim, not sanitary at all, water was raw...

I like the location, dining room staff is excellent...

• Superior Room

Quote per night $122.00, hotel next to foote print $50 less, I only stayed one night, I left my iPhone charger in roomafter check out I went backnext morning to get it n they said it wasn't a charger there(dishonest) I known I left it there.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

• Superior Room

It really needs MAJOR updates. Linens are always clean but beds require an upgrade. Water pressure is not the best either.

We have stayed at this hotel several times. We like the location and the relaxed vibe. It is not too big, therefore doesn't get too crowded. Has a great massage therapist onsite. Everything within walking distance.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

• Superior Room

No fridge in room and was advised this is for standard rooms and above only which is unfair especially as there was no ice machines available. Could not even get an ice bucket! Were not provided with an ashtray even though i was in a smoking room. Room was very small, there was no phone in room and toilet was broken on arrival but repaired the next morning. Restaurant and bar close to early and they could have entertainment/music at evenings/night to accomodate guests.

Location excellent and gardens. Reception staff were very professional and accomodating. Cheryl in the bar/restaurant was also accomidating and helpful

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• Superior Room

It is in much need of renovation and modernising also a swimming pool would be an added bonus but doubt there is enough space on the property. Also the doors to the blocks are extremely heavy and narrow, awkward with suitcases but I suppose you can request help. Would love much more food variety and Jamaican food options, no ackee which I couldn't believe. So much potential they just need to take advantage and invest.

The staff were simply terrific, any issues and they were on it in no time. Friendly and accommodating. Great location and clean.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Deluxe Room

I didn't like that there were no blackout curtains in the room and you had to pay extra per day for a refrigerator or microwave.

This is a family owned hotel. The hotel staff was friendly and very helpful. The awesome 7 mile beach was right outside the property. I also got an awesome massage on the beach. Sharon is amazing!

• Superior Room

Uncomfortable beds, no shampoo, bad quality soap, clogged shower, very small TV set, insufficient channels, slow WiFi. Horrible marihuana smell.

Friendly staff.

• Superior Room

- Facility is not posh - Small rooms.

If you are going to spend most of the time in the waters and need a room just for sleeping, this is your place. This hotel is on the beach and has a bar/restaurant.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

• Superior Room

There were no life guards on the beach

The location was ideal, the beach was lovely and clean and the rooms all had balconies which was lovely to sit and enjoy the night breeze.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Service needs improvements, I asked the house keeper for replacements for drinking glasses and I was told the glasses can be washed in the bathroom. I rented a fridge and the guy who came to install it was not clean in any way, a turn off for any guest

I liked the location, access to beach and the fact that there is some security

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

• Superior Room

Reception staff were rude accept the two managers (lady an a male),They were friendly an helped resolve any issues efficiently. The facilities were basic an the plug sockets weren't working only one of them. The water come out brown out of the shower so we had to just go swim in the sea :{ way over priced should be a 2* star I wouldn't recommend u stay here, there's plenty other hotels along the strip cheaper and with great customer service. Also there is a rude secrurity guard that wouldnt let me in because my band come of at the water party. I showed him my key to the room an he started shouting in my face would NEVER STAY here again

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Superior Room

I didn't like that there was no pool but the beautiful ocean makes up for it just a few steps away.

My stay was awesome because of the very attending kind and caring staff like Sandra/ Rasta,Nardia and Markiree and others like the security on all night duty. My CHILDREN and I enjoyed our ten days stay and we will retuned again.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The room is not equipped with a hair dryer...had to ask for one. The extra charge to use the safe. The towels are worn/old

The staff, the size of the room and the bed, the cleanliness

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Some areas of the buildings could use a paint job.

We actually loved the place. It was nicely situated and was easily accessible. Easily found, clearly labelled. Loved the flowers and the gardens. Lovely ambiance.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• Superior Room

An extra towel and a blanket, on a very basic level, would have been nice. We booked a room with double beds but received a single, with no explanation given. Wifi was pretty poor quality, when it worked.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Deluxe Room

The fact that I didn't always get hot water. There was only one battery I'm the TV remote. Refrigerator didn't work.

Location perfect. Comfort ok.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Had problems with the toilet made noise when flash long time ..shower no hot water and over flowing over bath . WiFi it didn't work as well television no sigal in room ..and need to update the room and bedding linen

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

• Superior Room

I would prefer some form of entertainment even a little music would have been good. A little more enthusiasm from the staff also would be good. As Jamaican coming home to a resort a little Jamaican breakfast would be a big plus

My housekeeper was wonderful and very helpful. Good room and board for your dollar.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Superior Room

Hotel was located a bit too far from everything. Had to take a taxi to get to the nearest restaurant or drink spot. The photos shown are old. Hotel looks a little in need of refurbishing.

Staff was pleasant and helpful.

• Reviewed: 22 June 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The construction materials on the floor in the lobby when I first checked in to enter my room were sort of an eyesore. That was eventually cleared up. The door to that lobby was always left open, and 2 nights, I had to chase away 2 crabs trying to get into my room before I could enter.

I felt very comfortable and safe on property. All the staff members were always nice and helpful, especially Cheryl, Delano and O'conner. My room was nice and comfortable.

• Superior Room

The view of the sunset is fantastic, as long as the clouds aren't blocking the sun.

• Superior Room

I love everything especially it was very quiet

It was very wonderful i enjoy alot

Size of bed in F2 and additional outlets for usa guests

I would have preferred a larger bed in F2

• Superior Room

The property was nice ,and comfortable

The beautiful beach ,and on the seven miles beach

• Superior Room

Vegetarian food was severely tacking, limited options.

The fact that the beach was right there, clean and beautiful

• Deluxe Room

Airconditiong unreliable,TV questionable after each power outage.

Location,on the beach and main road for taxi’s. Very comfortable bed.

The TV wasn’t working

• Studio

The food at the facility.

Staff was very helpful and the rooms were clean.

• Superior Room

Staff was very friendly and helpful, bed was comfortable, food was gd

• Studio

It could use a little sprucing up

Location is excellent

• Superior Room

Service and maintenance are very poor

On the beach

• Superior Room

The restaurant and bar was not inviting. The meals prices was too rigid.

It was close to the beach

No form of entertainment

Its for people who enjoy quiet environment

house keeping

safety

• Deluxe Room

Everything on the website is a lie no tv no wifi no nothing

The beach near the hotel

• Superior Room

I didn't have hot water for days and internet was poor. The food was very pricey also.

I liked the staff, the beach and food.

• Superior Room

The stuff didn't care at all, were not helpful The destination is not where it's supposed to be

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Superior Room

The day of my departure no water was in the bathroom

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Superior Room

No wash cloth. No water over night.real basic for the price

Location on the beach

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

• Deluxe Room

staff were excellent, location for the beach is the best on that stretch. hotel is very quiet, clean and peaceful. would definitely go back

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Everything except location

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• Superior Room

Stayed in a ground floor double bedroom was nice and spacious bed was extra big. The fruit punch(without alcohol)was absolutely amazing!

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

• Superior Room

A/c was great and the gardens were attractive.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Nothing like advertised-very dissapointed

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Superior Room

no refrigerator, no ice on facility and bed was hard

a/c worked well

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

EVERYTHING.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Deluxe Room

I was led to believe it was within walking distance to the town ,it's not but rather 5-6 miles to there.

The breakfast was delicious.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Superior Room

I loved the hospitality and everything was clean and staff was very pleasant i really enjoyed my stay

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Superior Room

That the structure was falling apart. Mean co-owner Some of the staff wasn't friendly due to how they were treated

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

Really uncomfortable beds

The location was awesome

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Superior Room

That were insects such as alot of mosquito and cockroaches

I like the fact that the hotel was on the beach.

There are also 20 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.