Reviews of Deja Resort All Inclusive 3 stars

Gloucester Avenue, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#12 of 36 hotels in Montego Bay

The staff was very polite and very helpful. The room was very comfortable , clean and accommodating. The surroundings was very clean neat and tidy. The food was good although there was no form of tea things provided for kids.

• Superior King Room

The furniture and accessories could do with some updating.

The staff always ready to help and were very people oriented - good stuff. Thank you guys for making my stay a pleasant one. Denval Shickille Krystal Kimberly Shanoya Kenny. Satiya

It’s not on the beach.

Problems were addressed in a very timely fashion. Food was great. I’m vegan and had no problem getting a nutritious meal. I told the Frontdesk and I saw the additional items on the menu the next day.

I would prefer better tv channel options and stronger wifi - but overall great stay!

The food is and was AMAZING, true to the culture, spices, and exactly the right portions because it is a buffett. I highly recommend this property for families, couples and or solo!

• Superior King Room

The stay was ok, Not much food after 10:30pm, Had to leave and go to a nearby restaurant.

I like that the resort was small and near to almost anything.

• Superior King Room

Making calls via reception with call charge for each attempt even if busy signal. Cable was out then poor TV reception and cable channel selection. .Construction noise from next door which is just one of those things really.

Excellent food selection all meals. Spoilt for choice and was never hungry. Great service from waiting staff. Waterfall is a nice feature. Good lineup of drinks. Room was good with clean facilities. Activities like table tennis and other games on offer. All round best value I've found in montego Bay. They have overdelivered! Will return.

• Superior King Room

The food for all inclusive could have been a lot better. It was never hot.

I stayed here at the start of a tour and at the end soon had 2 different rooms. Both were supposed to be superior rooms due to booking.com genius status. The first room wasn't great. It was dark. No view of anything. A double bed instead of the king promised. No balcony. However the second was lovely. Very comfortable with a balcony and view of the sea. The staff were very nice however the reception staff could be a bit difficult. The drinks in the all inclusive were brilliant.

The pool closed early

The staff the location choclate u cant forget her they new ur name by tje time u left so eager to help u in any way jamaican night was a big hit allways something to do there they are a older property but steady making upgrades i will return allways some one cleaning or adking if u need help they offer shuttle to and from airport i can go on and on so many great people i cant rember them all the staff is just amazing and everyone wks to gether to help the guest i had a prob with my card when i arrived it was fixed and i was welcomed like fam they went above and beyond yo help me with my issue so i def will b back the cold rags and rum puch upon arrival was great for those hot days

Overpriced for basic amenities. Food variable

Beach locality over a road. Asked for beachfront when booking. Misleading pictures on websites. Free admission to beach but extortionate prices for loungers and imberellas. Spoilt it for me

Unfortunately I did not like the fact that I was put on second floor at the end of the corridor and this was given to me as a ‘superior Double’! On checkout I informed the staff of my disappointment and expressed the view that at my age with arthritis in my knees it as uncomfortable going up the stairs!!! I have referred many of my acquaintances to the Deja Resort. I will be coming again so please remember that I have a preference for rooms on the first floor at the front I.e. 118 etc.

Food very good especially the ackee and salt fish for breakfast on Sunday. Loved the “Bob Marley” cocktail and blended fruit punch! Sitting and relaxing on first floor looking at Dr’s Cave Beach and Gloucester Avenue. So enjoyable.

From a price point perspective, this resort is WAY overpriced. The all inclusive amenities are sub-par, the food is “ok” but they were out of most items within an hour of the meal time starting and missing serving utensils. The property has a TON of stairs, which some guests may have an issue with. The bar options were not even bottom shelf well liquor but rather off brands i had never heard of and really nasty, like gasoline. But the worst by far were the rooms. Very old, several items crumbling, door handle came off, the mirror was useless because half of it was a strange gray fog, and there were no other lights that worked. We literally got ready in the dark. This resort should consider dropping their rates to about half of what they are. Much much better options elsewhere and it makes me sad because I wanted to really love this place. :(

The beds were very comfortable and the majority of the staff were very very nice. The location is fantastic..

• Superior King Room

Pool is small and in an odd location. No air conditioning in hotel restaurant/ bar. You get pestered by the locals outside the hotel.

Staff were fantastic. Beach is yards away and incredible. Food was great.

• Superior King Room

A later checkout time to accommodate my flight departure would have been appreciated.

The staff by far was the friendliest I've ever experienced in Jamaica. It was a smaller resort so much more homey and the food seemed home cooked and authentic. It was perfect .

• Superior King Room

One time a bartender gave us some guff. We lived.

Loved the view from our room balcony, right above the road but close enough to hear the ocean in the morning. Great hours for bar (till 11:30), lunch (till 2:00) and dinner (till 10:00).

The phone in the room did not work the entire time and room cleaning was never at the same time

The staff made it feel like we were home so friendly and homey

• Superior King Room

They put me upstairs on the front.no balcony noises then not worthy the money they need to up date furniture

The food was ok not worth all inclusive..

Malika at the front desk was super sweet and very helpful! The entire kitchen staff was such a pleasure. Perfect location! Easy access to the beach, restaurants, and bars.

• Superior King Room

We werent told that construction was occuring across the road at a new resort being built. It was very noisy. When ask to have a few document scanned we were told that the scanner was broken but that we could have them printed and copied, perhaos the receptionist could have double checked with the manager as it seemed like a lack of knowledge rather than convenience. Also the food choices available werent super healthy. They also serve the drinks in plastoc cups which is quite child like. And none of the soft drinks have bubbles. It is all flat. Also as soon as stepping out from the hotel to.go across to the beach you got bombarded by locals asking if you wamted a taxi or to buy this or that or go here or there, it was not relaxing. I would hughly recommend staykng elsewhere with direct beach access. The resort is over piced for what you recieve.

The rooms were reasonably large. And there was a water cooler which could be accessed. The public balconies were nice outdoor settings.

The room was NOT a “suite” at all Also the mani/pedi was a glorified home manicure system set up in a conference room $70 something dollars wasted. The nail polish peeled off the first day....very cheap

Location was the best part

• Superior King Room

The lady at the consierge who hands out towels would’ve not get off her cell, didn’t greet as we walked in. Too busy streets. Food was horrid; menu consisted of chicken and fish; plain and cold; the cook didn’t even know how to cook eggs for crying out loud!!!! Will not recommend it to no one

Must Staff very helpful, friendly; room was nice and spacious

The resort has many connections to events that go on around the area (karaoke @ Pier One, Magaritaville Nightclub, Chukka adventure park). Each day there were different events planned like yoga in the morning, a volleyball tournament, live performances at the resort (contortionist, nail dancer, fire show), an authentic Jamaican cuisine night, and nightclub events. The Jamaican cuisine night was my favorite, it offered a lot of tasty Jamaican cuisine (we're talking ox tail, curry goat, rice and peas, fried plantain, sugar cane, fresh coconut water + vodka!, etc, etc) at no cost; if you went out to eat at nearby places such as The Pelican, and tried to get all of this at once it would cost mad amounts of $$$. My family is Jamaican and I can vouch that the food was very authentic... The staff were very friendly/helpful and personable. It was evident that they enjoyed there job and were very willing to help when in came to pretty much anything. They offered good advice on local areas to hit up (food places, shopping) in order to avoid touristy spots. My friends and I had multiple conversations with the worker at the omelette station (who also makes some bomb omelettes).

A lot of the Staff made us feel like we were bothering them when we needed something. We had a lot of trouble with the WiFi To many hustlers right across the street. Every time my husband went to smoke a cigarette he was asked to by marijuana :(

The cheeseburgers by the pool were great! A gal named Chocolate was fantastic need more people like her.

That there was no elevator. I had to walk up several flights of stairs to my room. This is an older property, but I think that information should be made very clear so that older or disabled clients can be appropriately roomed. A bath mat would have been nice.

I liked the upbeat, fun atmosphere in the evening and the lovely waterfalls by the dining area. I appreciated the shuttle service to and from the airport. Breakfast was delicious.

• Superior King Room

Maybe the option to pay for more of the activities up front would have been helpful. Offer to include some of the excursion packages up front as well.

The property was beautiful! The people were very friendly! The food was amazing! The daily activities and themes provided variety and history of Jamaica!

• Superior King Room

Never got picked up at airport had to take a cab. Country Moves slower pace than what I’m used to. To many hustlers on and around properly trying to sell everything.

Conviently located close to airport

• Superior King Room

It's an older hotel so it is noisy. You can hear everything from the hall or the outside. We were on the street side - should have been on the top floor to see the ocean better. The strip is noisy (but only until about midnight) . Dinner was good, wine is terrible, breakfast was OK.

Cocktails were delicious and strong. Dinner was good.

• Superior King Room

First things first, it is not stroller accessible (which means it isn’t wheelchair accessible). We either had to carry the stroller up the stairs to our room, or leave it in their lobby storage closet. The shuttle to the airport is only free for check in and check out, which sucks if you have a bag issue like we did and have to go back the next day. The wifi range didn’t extend to our room. There was no mini fridge in our room, so we had to throw out a few things we could’ve finished. LASTLY, the food served there was good but it was not authentic Jamaican food.

Staff was very helpful, loved the access to the beach. The drinks were great.

Limitation in brands of liquor. I was upset that only Rumbar rum cream was the only option of rum cream available.

Wide variety at breakfast. Housekeeping everyday with a smile and good timing. Friendliness of the staff as well as willingness to ensure I am okay.

Ocean view ended up being a view of the parking lot with small view of ocean. Our room was so far from the lobby! Also photos make it look like the hotel is right on the beach with private beach access. It’s across the street from the beach and you get free beach access to doctors cove beach whch is easily the most crowded beach I’ve ever seen. Not private access, more like public access!

Staff was nice. Enjoyed the entertainment! Had karaoke night and different hotel activities. Truly an open bar! Food was good! Breakfast was great! Shuttled us to and from bars/ club on a couple nights! We had a blast!

The staff was excellent. Very friendly and helpful. The beach was right across the street with free passes included in the resort stay. My husband and I loved the location of the property. We felt safe throughout our whole stay. The food and drinks were delicious. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Deja Resort and would definitely visit again.

• Superior King Room

I didn't like the fact that all access to food and the bar was not accessible at certain hours. It would have been nice to can get a bite and a drink after 11pm.

The staff was super friendly and made me very comfortable and at home.

• Suite

The suite I got was below my expectation. I didn’t think I got value for my money.

The Breakfast was good, the location was excellent. I liked the ambiance of the place.

Special requests was not met....location of the room selected,TV signal was poor.

Even tho they gave me the wrong room,the room was comfortable,stay was 7/10....food was ok

• Superior King Room

The room was small, lights were broken, shower with little pressure and what they called a room balcony was a roof top with cheap chairs shared with 3 other rooms facing the busy traffic road. Awful!!!

• Suite

Broken safe, Gardenview room didn’t even have a window, it was generally unkept. Tons of Noisey traffic right outside the door. At night the guests were extremely loud in the courtyard. It’s a third right hotel for $300 a night.

Staff

I think it could of been a bit cleaner and the pool could of been more inviting...it looked dirty and dingy.

I Liked the location. It is inconveniently located on the Montego Bay 'hip strip'.

very friendly staff. We were asked many times if there is anything else we needed. Complimentary airport pick up and drop off at the bus station. Awesome location as Doctors Cove beach is beautiful and very safe. Great food selection.

The MC who does the introduction for music and entertainment is very rude and abrupt, she mentions how tired she is and that we need to go to our room. It was a shocker and a turn off for my experience, sadly.

I loved the seafood at the buffet and the bartender trained by Redstripe. Also the bellman Allesandro was just incredibly professional and courteous he made th experience feel high class.

Staff was amazing. Chocolate was so friendly and got the party started. I was so happy with the food and my stay. Food was different everyday. The rooms were clean. They clean everyday. Yes the hotel is a abit simple but its not a rundown motel So who cares?

Poor standard run down not clean suitable for backpackers not family holidays did not live up to the standard at advertised on your website money is required not happy require refund

The low couches because people with leg problems have a hard time getting up. The blanket on the bed also was to short to cover up two people when the air conditioner was on.

The friendliness and great customer service from the staff.

The maintenance staff came and got rid of the bugs and smell in the bathroom quickly. It was nice that you were allowed guests to stay for a small fee as I have friends in the area. What they advertise and what you get are two completely different things. But thanks to the welcoming, polite and cheery staff, this place was bearable.

Everything went well except for one rude receptionist. Extended my stay and she gave me hard time.

Staff is very friendly. Made my stay comfortable I enjoyed my time there.

• Superior King Room

I didn’t like that I booked for 2 people and when we got there they said the room was only for one person. My husband had to pay extra for me to stay.

Is not directly on beach but has access rights with beach club directly across the street. beach is small but fine for just lounging. Pool area not the greatest but good enough with it's own bar & grill.

Excellent food choices for all 3 meals, staff really friendly and ready to help in every way. Rooms were clean with AC, nice bathrooms, TV, wifi. And our offer did not require any deposit to reserve the room!

• Superior King Room

I would liked to have had a like more choices during meantime and the jacuzzi doesn’t get hot and the water level is low.

We could walk almost anywhere we wanted to and the airport was close to ten minutes away.

Should of stayed longer !!

The Deje is an awesome place to stay ! Very clean great food excellent beach Doctors Cave ! Some of the best beach in montego bay!Kimberly at the front desk is very polite and professional. Andrew at the bar gets your drinks right every time ! Thanks ! We will definitely go back !

• Superior King Room

The 1st lady that we came in contact with at the front desk was very unprofessional. We waited for over 15 minutes without being acknowledged and to make matters worse, other guests that were not even in the line were served before us. We also had encountered challenges with the shuttle service from Pier One. The food was ok but more variety is needed on the menu. Majority of the staff especially those in the kitchen and bar were very courteous. The facility is well kept. Overall, I would say I got value for money and I would return in the future.

Bed was very comfortable.

That I had to pay extra for a fridge and the beds were seperate. Check in could have been faster. I had just arrived om a long flight from Australia and it took nearly an hour to check in

Location and all inclusive. The food was fantastic and the continous filling of our wine glasses was great.

But the place is old the doors have been painted so many times that they don’t close , my room smelled like paint I think they just finished painting it. No blankets on the bed only a sheet. The place is right by the beach nice beach but at night I would not walk around and there was something going on by that beach that looked very shady. I would not recommend this place for women to stay at. I would not call it a Resort I would call it a Motel. FYI I only stayed one night my flight was early so we moved to this place because it was close to the airport.

Staff was nice,food was good.

• Superior King Room

Location of the room. No grill to get get something to eat on check in day. WiFi wasn't picking up after several trials. No activities for kids. Renting of chairs at beach side (for an all inclusive hotel).

The bed was comfy

• Superior King Room

I was most displeased with the staff when my daughterwas throwing up after having some Taco mince for lunch on Saturday and they couldn't assisted us.

The staff was welcoming and friendly the food was great!

The property is in desperate need of repair painting cleaning not at all as shown on paper not sure who's put those ratings on I would put this hotel fit for maybe Backpackers or young people who wants to Rave & doesn't care, what is good about the hotel it is right across from the beach which is fabulous

The staff ,they work hard always happy to help

I booked two superior deluxe rooms. The rooms I got cannot he classified as superior deluxe rooms by any standard. We were continuously locked out if our room as the access card would not work. Wi-Fi access was extremely poor and the reception had to assist on numerous occasions to give us access to the wi-fi

The hotel was well located, across from the private swimming beach. The staff, with the exception of the front desk staff, were very welcoming and provided excellent service. The front desk staff could do with some training in dealing with customers and in their interactions with guests.

• Superior King Room

We were "upgraded" to a room away from the Karaoke bar and not only lost our reserved king bed for two doubles, we had a stranger barge in to the room hours after we arrived. Room was dingy, bathroom was dirty looking and didn't have any holders for the towels or even the toilet paper. We both decided to wait til the ship before taking a shower. The street noise was very loud and lasted all night. The attached Duty-free shop sold my wife a $200 bracelet that lost a stone the first day.

Staff was very friendly. Site has the potential to be great with an amazing waterfall next to the dining room.

The stains on the towel(makeup) and covers. Like if you can't get a stain out of the white sheets/towels then throw them out. Our room phone was broke and we told them about it but they never fixed it. The food for dinner could have been waaay better.

I LOVED THE RESORT ACTICITIES THEY HAD EACH DAY! SUPER FUN. I REALLY ENJOYED THE BAR AREA ,THE BARTENDERS WERE AWESOME AND VERY ENTERTAINING!

No laundry bags,and enough pillows as some persons like more than 2 pillows

The pancakes were flat, the bathroom had a funny smell when entering the room.. but apart from that.the staff at the front was exceptional.. id def recommend thus hotel to anyone..

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Superior King Room

Rooms are in need of renovation. Old beat up furnishings and floor coverings. Bedside lamp was available but no receptacle to plug it into. "Ocean view balcony" was on very busy and noisy street side with limited view of ocean thru the buildings and trees across the street. Resort is open air, including the dining room and bar with no air conditioning, so expect warm and humid conditions. Rooms had a wall AC unit that ran reasonably well. Food was seat yourself, serve yourself buffet style. Food was ok, not great and presentation did not make it look all too inviting. Service was iffy--check-in took almost 30 minutes as there was only one person waiting on the one guest ahead of us. Other staff members came and went but no one offered to help. Our TV cable reception kept going out every few minutes and soon went out completely. A visit to the reception desk yielded a response of "We'll send a technician up to the room." No one showed up. Pool was ok but just a standard rectangular shape with a few lounge chairs and umbrellas. We had a late plane after check-out hours. Staff told us we could shower in the exercise room. There was only a trickle of water and not enough pressure to activate the shower nozzle. If you expect any kind of luxury resort facilities at this location, look elsewhere. We will not return.

Airport provided shuttle was nice (except it took them 30+ minutes to pick us up after being told it would be 10 minutes). Staff were all friendly.

I can't say it was something I didn't like. My stay at Deja was awesome

The staff was very nice and accommodating. They take pride in the job they do to satisfy the guest. The location is awesome and the accommodations from the shuttle from the airport and night life are perfect. The food is amazing and I will return soon.

• Superior King Room

We absolutely don't like the all-inclusive concept. We take breakfast in the hotel but all the other meals in nearby restaurants. Therefore we are paying for something we are not using and are affected by the noise of karaoke parties. We decided to book another hotel with B&B in the same street similarly close to the Doctor Cave's beach next time we are in MoBay.

We are going to Deja mainly because of it's location just at the Doctor Cave's beach. We like two of the servants at the restaurant. Since years they are our highlight and we great them with a big hug every time we see each other.

The snack bar was never staff, food choices was poor. Most of the staff are not very welcoming.

The bar was good and also the bar staff was rather friendly.

• Superior King Room

Sometimes the food was a little lacking however this was only a small number of times, Jamaica night was fantastic!

Excellent staff from the entertainment with Denika & Chocolate to the barmen, Keino, Dwayne & Andrew; the waiting staff were amazing, the security, reception they all made this stay memorable and relaxing. There was nothing that they couldn’t do for you!

• Superior King Room

The parking was awful , having being blocked by three cars and waiting for the owners to come move their cars is annoying . There was nothing else I disliked.

The staff was friendly , the food was great with a variety everyday , and I really enjoyed my stay there . I like the rum punch and my room was spacious and clean. I will come back to this hotel for sure .

There was a lack of communication between the front desk staff at night and the in the morning staff.hot tub water needs to be changed regularly.

The Deja was and excellent experience the website description was perfect. Loved the location 5mins drive from the airport and 5mins to down town on a day with no traffic with traffic 15mins. Literally next to doctors cave beach white sand blue crystal clear water. Nichenelle is one of the front desk staff very friendly warm and excellent at her job. Chocolate(stag name)one of the activities and event coordinator of the resort was very friendly and funny a will rounded person. Supervisory staff very efficent.

Hot water in shower of room 133 did not work. Front desk was advised three times with not results, or given an option of changing rooms.

Very good staff. Polite and professional. Kenny (bar near pool), Chocolate and Denika (Entertainment) and Happy are the BEST!

• Superior King Room

I wish the restaurant hours were more inclusive of those that eat earlier meals but I understand having to have some time in between meals to prepare.

The location is great, right in front of Doctor's Cave beach and the hotel provides day passes to use the beach. BEWARE of jellyfish though!! I was stung by one and am still recovering. The hotel has excursion services (Chukka) available to purchase and there was a very nice lady who helped us sign up for a great excursion (cataraman to Dunn's river falls) last minute. The food was great and varied from day to day. They provide complimentary shuttle to the airport, you only have to tip driver. My wristband had to come off bc it became too tight and they did not charge for that. I have had other resorts charge for lost wristbands.

• Suite

Booked "suite" was a dark standard sized (far from the advertised surface) room at the back of the hotel with no view. Rooms were noisy. Poor quality of food on 3 of the 4 days of my stay. A lot of staff members were not really friendly and sometimes even arrogant to guests.

Some staff members were very nice. Breakfast was ok.

The facility was not handicap accessible. My room had a missing panel in the back door which made the room hot and uncomfortable. The food was bland. Some staff simply ignored my concerns especially about the room. The activity director, Angelica made this trip for me. The facility offers airport pickup but stood in the heat for something and had to call the hotel more than once for pickup.

Some staff were good and others simply ignored compliant. The activity director Angelica made the stay enjoyable. It close to airport.

There is no elevator on the building. No gaming facility. Overall limited activies

It was in close proximity to other external fun like facilities Such as margaurita viĺle and doctor cave beach

• Superior King Room

Loud at night since most rooms are right on the road. Bar and grill close a liitle to early.

Small and intimate. Food was good drinks were strong. Walk out the front door to do shopping.

• Superior King Room

- Airport shuttle didn't show up, despite written confirmation - receptionist didn't answer the phone for 1h - management was eager to cash in, but not in finding solutions, even though acknowledging that everything went wrong that possibly could - food available at night was lousy - it is loud at night, next to the main road

It is in Jamaica. The room has TV and AC. There was nothing else I want to point out.

We arrived early due to flight arrangements. The front desk tried to accommodate but could not. We asked for a blanket on two occasions. First time to cleaning staff and then to front desk. Bar food was very slow but every thing else was excellent

Selection. Omelette man. Front desk lady Dana was exceptional

• Suite

The check-in process took to long. We had to pay an extra 150$ for my guest. They need a larger variety of food selection. Some staffs was unfriendly and rude. No one told us about the expedite we found out about them from the taxi driver. Bed is not comfortable and they was a lot of loud nosey early morning hours

The hotel is fairly old but it's nice. It's in the heart of the Hip strip, it's around a lot of stores and right across from the beach. Some staff was very help and friendly. The doorman was amazing, everytime we want to cross the street he was there to help. The signature drinks was good. The room was clean.

Please repair the Jacuzzi before my next stay here! ;)

-From the moment I arrived, I felt so welcomed. Almost like coming home. -Staff was super helpful and knew everything about the surroundings. -Small but cosy swimming pool and Jaquzzi. Jacuzzi wasn't working properly though. -The food was great and available all the time! I loved the snacks at the poolside! And the best part, all-included. -The room had enough space and very comfortable beds!

The only issue I had with Deja is the rooms. The room needs to be updated, the balcony door didn't lock to well. The room should a have a fridge or microwave without the fee.

Deja staff was beyond wonderful, everyone was very professional and welcoming. The food was great especially the drinks 👌🏾. Our last day there we went to magaritaville and didn't know how we are going to get there, Andrae call a cab for us and that was very nice of him. Yeah mon! Overall our trip was amazing and will return to Deja 😍😍