Reviews of Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa All Inclusive 5 stars

The Point,Lucea- (Hanover), Kew, Jamaica

#2 of 2 hotels in Kew

Sameness of menu. Although there was a wide variety of food the menu changed very little.

Space, friendliness of staff variety of food. Greetings on arrival.

The wedding tour could have been better.

I am planning to get married there. That was the basis of the trip. Stayed only one night so didn't get to go to the beach. It is a huge resort, lots to look at.

The food had no taste, nor the fruit, nor the drinks. The Indian restaurant was an exception. Overall the hotel staff was not really friendly, they were very slow, hard to get even a smile from them. Seemed that we were intruding in their space as they congregate together doing their best to ignore you as they speak and have arguments in Patois. The check in service lacked information. Took over 3 hours to get an extra robe, and a clock that should be standard in every room. We are used to the Riviera Maya and nothing can compare/compete with that. Not enough shade around the pool, saw a lot of people with bad sun burns.

The management team from Mexico, which is doing everything in their power to take this resort to the next level. I saw how hard they work to achieve excellence but in Jamaica is a cultural issue. The decor of each restaurant, the vivid colors, lay out of the hotel, and how the whole placed flowed. The spa area and services. I strongly suggest to pay the extra $35 a day to have full access of their pool area, and to stay at the Lady Hamilton. The management (Tks Cristina and for some reason the guy's name escapes me now! Sorry :( but he was awesome) they were truly amazing correcting issues here and there. The Cove area where they have water sports.

The room needed to be properly cleaned and the balcony. Under the bed had a lot of dust and some of the furniture needs to be replaced.

The food was good, friendly staff, the bed was really comfortable

NOISE - The noise from crickets, cicadas and frogs were like alarm bells and constant from dusk til dawn. bring the ear plugs and ask for a room on the top floor!! we were on the bottom floor so if you are a light sleeper then you may not sleep much...

I enjoyed breakfast every morning at the Mobay Restaurant. Had fresh coconut water every mornig at Beer Hut. The restaurant choices were nice as well. Try the Negril buffet for dinner. Enjoyed my house keeping staff as they were very respectful of my privacy. All staff were excellent in terms of directions and activities. The resort itself is a hall of walkways but the shuttles do their best to accommodate all guests on grounds. I'm definitely booking with them later on in the year as I expect the same end results!

I like the beach and theirs is just ok (though the huge pool makes up for it). People were smoking in all open areas, should get designated smoking areas.

Place is beautiful. Bed was very comfy. Food was excellent. Liked that there were plenty snack bars, and didn't have to make reservations for non buffet restaurants. Plus the children's activities were great

We arrived at 5pm and did not get rooms assigned completely and able to enter both before around 10:30pm. Reason was that the hotel was fully booked but this was not an acceptable reason to me. We were advised that we were given an upgrade to accommodate our having waited so long but apart from the distance from the restaurants and most amenities, which was good, the rooms had dirty looking scuff marks in the marble floor and counters in the bathroom and impressions made from bottles giving the impression of a dirty room. I therefore had slippers on in that room, The explanation for this was that the company contracted to clean the marble had used the wrong chemicals. The mattress was too soft but a Board was placed below to stiffen it. This helped a little. We booked the spa services for 2pm. Having arrived at 2pm we were the. advised that they were running behind and would need us to come back at 3:30pm. I expected them to, at least, call us before the appointment to apologize for what would be a rescheduling so we wonuldn’t waste time going there for 2pm. A request for soap took over an hour to reach. Room service took over an hour.

Orane Williams security at entrance, Geoffrey the driver, Jovel the receptionist , Kitson and Komar / Somar other drivers, Kennesha Irving in Guest services and Susheena a waitress at Poseidon stood out while providing services. The drivers to and from amenities were on the whole very pleasant and accommodating.

It was a full house, sometimes felt way too crowded. Too many children, even though they had a huge separate kids pool, most of the kids were playing in the main pool. Next time I will go to an adult only place.

Great hotel, amazing service, and entertainment planned for the whole day. The resort is huge, have multiple beaches, pools, bars, and restaurants - Great variety! I would really recommend the place to young group of friends & families. From the moment you arrive you really do not need to think about anything anymore, all is covered ;) Special thanks to Franklin, the dive master for the great dive, The cooking show in the Japanese restaurant (shoutout for all the staff there), and to Renado for the great service on our last night at the Steak restaurant.

I am very disappointed that my partner left his shoe in our room then after check out realized he had left it, we called the hotel to check,shockingly it was not there; My partner was told by the receptionist that she would speak to the houskeeping team and manager and get back to us. It's almost 2 weeks now and still nothing. This is really disappointing because the shoe was in the room plus I thought someone would have called or apologise by now but nothing! The housekeeping staff are dishonest!

I really loved our room with Jacuzzi.very comfy bed. We had a lovely time.

Bed was uncomfortable. Had to pay adult rate for child under 18 yrs. Room amenities were not updated to reflect extra "adult" until last day. Was harassed by front gate security whenever we entered or left the property on our own (even though we were registered guests).

Food was good. Location good. Prompt service from dining room, bar & reception

Our bathroom smelled like mold which triggered an asthma attack the first nite... I reported it to housekeeping.

The Resort was great!! Thanks to Garcia and Richard. We also did an excursion ... Montego Bay Highlights... our driver, Kevin was a great guide. He works for JVCT. Thanks!! Kevin We took home beautiful memories!!

It's hard not to like anything.

I enjoyed the attentiveness of the staff. The spa was excellent!!!. The choices of restaurants was a lot so got to try different ones each day. Especially live cooking

• Suite

the food was great especially the different themed restaurants. The nightly live performances on the infinity bar made for a great nighttime experience.

Property. Very big friendly staff food was delicious and everything was really a resort .Nice way to enjoy a vacation.My Husband and I enjoyed every minute spent..we will do it again 2018. It was a memorable weekend spree..we will also tell our love ones to visit grand palladium for a getaway. And vacation plus.

• Suite

Very old property and not maintained. Toilet too high on the wall. Too many buffets.

The view was phenomenal, the pool and music great. Staff was excellent.

The food was bland and flavourless - lacked the amazing flair that Jamaican food should have. The bed was horribly uncomfortable and the internet was not accessible in our villa, had to stand outside to get a signal. Wait staff were good unless you had food allergies then you were made to feel like a horrible inconvince. Property was beautiful but more aged then in the online photos - they are working to restore & maintain but I was a little surprised how dated the photos were.

The beach area was nice and the drinks were good. For the most part staff were friendly. The jetted tub in the room was a nice bonus.

The location The beach The buffet The shuttle service The cleanliness of the room

I like the customer service at the front desk. I liked the spa. I liked friendly ness of the staff. It was clean.

Waiting on a shuttle would be easier if a buzzer was placed at each shuttle stop. That way the exact pick up point would be known when pickup is needed outside central areas such as lobby.

The friendly and accommodating staff, our maid Samantha who was very pleasant an made our stay memorable. The fact that the resort was interactive yet private when we wanted it to be. Food was good also. Staff well trained in customer relations.

Room service very poor. No entertainment. Not a wide range of fruits to select from The hotel just did not meet my expectations

The pools and the Japanese resturant

The service was poor, the place didn't meet my expectations or what was advertised.

The whole experience was horrible. Please refer to my complaint I sent.

needs better service

the front desk clerk was not knowlegeable about anything so i had to ask for a supervisor and she kept telling no one was availbale. after waiting 30 mins i finnally spoke with a mgr who was able to assist me with my issues of not being able to connect to the wifi. which i really needed because i do alot of online courses for work and school. And the wifi was one of the main reasons i choose this hotel. i was not pleased with my room but since we were hardly there and mostly with family i guess it was ok. the building is old and needs new renovations. thumps up for the activities kept us entertained.

• Suite

Too many stray cats on the property and they could have more pool activites for guests

The property was huge, alot of places to lounge, alot of places to eat and full of activities to do.

Food

The Lady Hamilton rooms are GORGEOUS!!! I absolutely loved the rooms, no complaint there. The staff was hit and miss however the manager Mr James understands and provided stellar customer service. The food is not authentic Jamaican food which was disappointing as we are in Jamaica. The restaurants have a Spanish influence which we all complained about. Otherwise there is something there for everyone, young & old. Enjoy your stay...

Just better beaches nearby. .and nightly entertainment was poor..

I rather like the staff helpfulness. .they go beyond all to make sure stay is pleasant. .the beach nearest to my stay was not good tho...but later find the correct location of the good beach..tho bit far away..enjoyed my stay tho..

Had to wait in long lines to be seated at the main restaurant. There was not much variety with food, sometimes you are told you can't get your order because what is on the menu is unavailable. Some of the waiters were unfriendly and inattentive to giving assistance.

The room was aesthetically pleasing, however, there was some discomfort experienced with the bed. The front desk staff was amazingly interactive, helpful and kind. The chefs in the main restaurant were also nice.

I would have enjoyed more nightly entertainment. Such as a night time pool party or beach party. The after hours food needs to be way better. It had no flavor and was pretty much thrown together. Doesn’t match up to the restaurant quality we were served

The service, cleanliness, all inclusive, friendly staff

Didnt like walking up the stairs...elevator needed

The food was awesome,friendly staff.....everything was just great,had an awesome time would go there again.

The room we stayed in (room 1935) was great except the security light at night was shining directly in our bedroom which made it extremely bright. My recommendation would be heavier drapes or direct the light at another location.

The variety of restaurants. Staff was kind.

Roach in toilet in suite. Mini-bar not stocked. Room service was slow. Main buffet food was scare. 2 years ago resort was better maintained.

Staff is awesome. Nice ambiance & activities. Bar staff was fun & made good drinks. Beach is cleaner than some other MoBay resorts. Music is delightful!

Grand Palladium completely ruined my fiancé's birthday....this was supposed to be a surprise and a fun one, but his only words were...this place is a disaster, even at home we could enjoy my day more.

Only three staff stood out; Hillicina at guest relations, Simone Campbell in the dining room and Shavaughn at the Italian restaurant...they rest of the stay was a disaster.

Buffet are same so get bored after two days , not much exotic fruit . Shower in the room was groomy and tiles was stain and dirty so shower in the bath tub instead . The resort could do with a bit of upgrade and facelift . It is a bit old and worn out .

Staffs are very friendly and polite . Food are good and pl3nty to drink

The smoking in the theatre, one of y bellman was mean he pick up on lady and left us in the rain.

Yes the eggs were fluffy, the omelet was good ,the food on a whole was excellent. It was warm .the room was comfortable. The entertainment was really good ,the staff did a good job,especially our house keeper.

The long wait for check in. It was one individual working, not good.

The scenery was breathtaking. Friendly staff!We liked the fact that we had access to the entire property.

Sometimes the on-property shuttle took a while, but I can understand with the traffic. I also went to the pool in the after noon on our second day and was told they're out of towel. That should never happen!

The room was great and comfy, Breakfast was the best of all meals, but others were good too, loved the sports bar; the pool, I must say was really great, very huge, lots of space for everyone there, clean, and manageable, for non-swimmers! Bar selection was wonderful. Property very nice. Overall I enjoyed my stay!

Almost everything. The rooms were dirty, poor service, front desk staff who do not answer phone and mediocre food. The first night the room was so dirty I went to another hotel. The second night there were no towels and mini bar was empty. It also is clear that the maids never mopped or swept my room. Horrible smelly place.

Nothibg

The location of the villa from the beach and could not get some of the listed channels on the Tele and some others were in Spanish and I'm English speaking.

Mostly everything

overrated property, I won't go back there, 7 restaurants and loads of food, if you want quantity is ok if you want quality forget about this place, if you want something nice you will have to pay extra for it, pools are nice but they close at 8 for cleaning guys will tell you to comeback an hour later (seriously???), activities are few and nothing great, massage at 270 USD???? everything is overpriced and not really worth it, location is distant from anywhere, thus you have to pay to go anywhere, MoBay is at about 40 min away, the hotel has a tiny beach, water with algae, I was very disappointed with the whole place, the infrastructure is beautiful so what??? as customer I will not take any of that with me, what its important is the service, activities, beach, etc, none of that is provided here (for the price of course) I mean in summary I live in Jamaica and if you want to see the beauties it offers go somewhere else.

The security staff was very disrespectful, the staff mgr Diane was very nasty, the security staff was desperate and tried to fraternize with my wife in my absence infact walked to the room asking for a beer

The scenery

It was wonderful the minibar was restocked daily and the room was well cleaned. I especially loved that the compound was always clean and super fun. there was always an activity that managed to encompass excitement and relaxation.

It needed brighter and more night lights

It's spacious, beautiful and had everything to your comfort at your fingertips with excellent, professional, courteous and we'll trained staff

The food was not up to our standard.The entertainment for some part could be better. Preferred more live band entertainment more roots and culture. Needed to feel a sense of the "Jamaican Experience" This is Jamaica give us variety both in entertainment and food.

Staff were very PLEASANT caring and respectful. Have good manners. Hotel although needs a little face lift was great.But the staff made the experience worthwhile

They did not take into consideration that stairs are difficult for older people,nor did they try to make it right.

The staff was so accommodating,they had a large variety of food.

• Suite

The lots of walking necessary to reach everything (pool, restaurants etc.). I shouldn't complain...at least I got some well needed exercise! The alcoholic drinks were not very nice, especially the pina colada and daquiri.

The food was great...not too spicy..just right! The bed was comfy too! The staff was very friendly...service with a smile! The Sunday night cabaret show was awesome!

Food for vegans could have been more thought through although when requested I was served very good meals More natural drinks should be served rather than drinks from concentrate.

Transport between hotel and rooms

The reception colleagues were really helpful. We arrived earlier than check in time as we had a wedding to attend. We were intially told we couldn't check in it was too early but when I went back to reception another colleague went out his way to get a room for us to allow us to get ready. Facilities on site look amazing and breakfast is served till 11.45am which is good if you want a late start. Selection available was really good.

The tub in the room had dirt spewing from it when we pressed what seemed to be a power-wash button. I think it was a result of it being under utilised. They can regularly check them to ensure that they're clean.

The room was cozy and the staff was good. Wish I stayed a little longer.

There needs to be more choice for vegan in all the restaurants. More variety of Breads. Seeded. Proper wholemeal not coloured brown bread. Porridge made with soya milk was not available. There should be a variety of plant based yoghurt available The variety of drinks available during the day for someone like myself who does not drink was not sufficient in terms of natural fruit juice. These were only available at breakfast. Would have been nice to have a place set aside for worship or religious services. Some areas of the Spa shower area needs updating.

Rooms were clean and well kept The staff were friendly and responsive. There was a safe in the room that was easy to operate I liked the variety and choice of restaurants. Beach areas maintained to a high standard. Despite there being so many people there was adequate space on the beach and I always found somewhere to sit and relax or sunbathe. Spa facilities were ok.

The pillowcases weren't very clean-looking after they were changed one of the days. We also wish that we had chosen to stay on the Lady Hamilton side, instead! :)

The entire staff and entertainment at the Grand Palladium was very accommodating and welcoming. My boyfriend and I especially enjoyed the hospitality that we received from Chavel, Robert, Delando, Martin, Abigail, Lorenzo, Chavoy, and around 3 others (Sorry, I can't remember their names :-( )! Throughout our 4 day stay, they made it difficult to leave, and gave us a desire to return REAL SOON! I can't say enough about the staff at the pool bar and Miss Lou Bar! I'd recommend the resort, without hesitation!

The service was horrible. Had to wait about 2 hours to get a replacement iron. Luckily I didn't have reservations for a restaurant otherwise we would have been very late. Room service was bad. They didn't come to clean until 5pm. We needed change of towels and again it was the waiting game. Daughter went to the pool and there were no towels available at 10am. To think we chose this property because my husband and I have been there 4 times before and we thought it was excellent before so this why we went back. Service has really suffered over the years.

The facilities themselves are really good. Property is amazing. Restaurant staff were excellent.

The only down side is that booking.com messed my reservations up where it should be for 2 and they put a maximum of 1 on my confirmation and they didn't sort it out in time. But thanks to the polite and very accommodating staff I was able to sort it out and got a awesome up grade.

The trip was great. The accommodation was so comfortable that I spent most of my time in the room. I almost missed out on the wonderful amenities and facilities that they had to offer.

For what we paid...no elevators, no room service in the rain. Sour wait staff in indian restaurant but food there was good. Mo bay buffet restaurant staff pleassnt. Food was ok. Staff generally seemed to not really like their job. Edpecially some of the dancers. Constant tipping expectations. No wash cloths for 2 days and rooms not cleaned properley. Mini bar was lacking..2 beers and a couple of sodas does not constitute a mini bar. My daughters room had all soda and no alcohol in her mini bar. Have been to other all inclusives which provided a full mini bar.

The indian restaurant excellent food. Jacuzzi was brilliant in room.Some staff were nice. Loved the disco. Pool

The food was poor. The buffet in the morning was the only decent thing along with the hot dogs n burgers at the beach. Evetything else tasted awfuln

I like the scenery. It is a beautiful hotel with lots of friendly staff

The mini bar is not a mini bar at all. You get a get a few beers and sodas. There are no elevators which I didn't know prior to arrival. Room service staff were rude.

The pools were great and the bartenders were friendly. The property is gorgeous.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Free wifi did not work for any of us

Fabulous property and great staff who were very helpful especially kerrilee at front desk: She took the time out to ensure that the experience that we were looking for was met, and that we had a great level of comfort where our rooms were concerned.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

The fact that the staff cut your hand bands off saying they don't want us to come back to their property without paying are we thieves and is this done to international guests?

Food and the staff

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Junior Suite (2 Adults)

We arrived at around noon but could not check in until 4pm. We could eat and drink but would of been nice if we could of changed clothes and gone to the beach, especially since we were only there for 1 day.

The food and service was great, so many choices fo restaurants. Only stayed one night but wanted to stay longer. The breakfast and lunch buffets were the best!

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

I didnt like my room. The view was bad and I did ask for a room with view for my getaway. Also it wasnt cleaned or prepared for arrival. It was dusty and soap scum lined the bathroom. There was a dust film in the toilet so the room has not been in use for probably more than 4 days. The exchange rate is horrible 120 JMD to 1 USD. Didnt like the fact that there was a charge to use the steam room and sauna it was free before and the showtime had some good points but It wasnt all that thrilling. Didnt like that the indian restaurant closed the night I wanted to go there. Didnt like that the disco closed at 2am.thats too little time and my minibar was totally empty on arrival. It wasnt stocked until the next day

I liked the welcome package which gave details about the property. The hydrotherapy at the spa was awesome. Great in room amenities and variety of food. Loved the fact that they have activities for kids and a waterpark area for them. Also loved that they have restaurants for different cuisine. Loved the minibar in my room

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Too much waiting for the a la carte restaurants, not just to get in but also to get your meal (we tried Italian, Mexican and Steakhouse) Big no no for the Italian restaurant. The menu is a bit boring, the entrees were poor and the pasta was a shame, way overcooked and served after ages (yea the waiter forgot about us cause he had to entertain another table to get the tips, didn't even refill our glasses with water), our Linguini were a solid cold rock in the plate..disgusting!!!! The deserts were ridiculous, the tiramisu didn't taste tiramisu (much better the one you find at the buffet) and the coconut panna cotta looked very ugly and tasted worse..BUT The other restaurants were great so just skip this one.. Some of the bars run out of fruit (FRUIT!!! How can you run out of bananas in Jamaica?!?!?!?) and alcohol in the afternoon, this thing needs to be reviewed. You can get coconut water but only at beer hut and only from 11am till they run out (How can you run out of coconuts when you have hundreds of coconut trees?!?!?!) this should be improved!!! And the bar staff (mostly at las brisas) should smile a little bit more and give nicer answer (not "can I have a dirty banana?" "NO BANANAS")!!

The Junior Suite was a lot more than expected. Very spacious room, bed was king size and super comfortable, wide balcony and spa-style bathroom..just perfect! The outside is lovely, well taken care of, maintenance people working all day to keep it clean and neat.. With 4 pools and 3 beaches you never feel like there's too many people!! The food was really good, mostly we loved the seafood restaurant: great location (right on the beach), not much wait and the food was just delicious!!!! Thumbs up for the Steakhouse and the Mexican too, just make sure you get there about an hour before you want to eat cause that's roughly the waiting time.. We really enjoyed our stay here and even though there's a few things that should be upgraded we are very happy of our stay..

The food was a bit bland

The facilities were excellent and the complex is beautiful. It's a very large complex but the shuttles to get around is a great idea

The phone in our room did not work and one evening there was a need to call security due to a loud fist fight in the two rooms next to mine but I count call security due to the phone not working.

The variety of beaches, bars etc. Most of the staff were friendly except the gift store whom I found very rude.

There are several acts on the property that walk into the restaurants. I was a little uncomfortable with that.

The bed was comfortable but the sheet changes were questionable. The pillow were fluffy. The food and drinks were good. The staff was exceptional.

Negligent staff at the reception. We were just dropped into the room without any information about the hotel or the room. Not even a brochure. When we had some health problem receptionost did not mention the healtcare on the property just caled a taxi to a pharmacy. No proper beach. Beach is full of seaurchins even at the entrance. No welcome drink and welcome pack, no bathrobe for 3 days, late check out our any attention if we wanted to arrange anything.

Well tended surround, nice rooms.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Didn't love the breakfast buffet, amount of kids on the resort and lack of club/night life

Loved all the restaurants, swim up bar, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Didn't feel the restaurant services were anything special. For example, they ran out of fresh fruit to make fruit punch but no alternative was offered.

Customer service needs drastic improvement. Need more staff like Tasha, the waitress. Staff appears robotic, need more interaction with guests to ensure satisfaction

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

The food was cold and the hot water was temperamental. More choice of evening restaurants. Cakes were dried out as they were not covered

The staff were pleasant and the room was as seen in pictures

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

I didn't like while I was checking out, staff was excepting other guests before me. And I had paid transport services waiting on me for 25 minutes. And I was in the check-out line 30 minutes early. I wasn't happy with this at all!!

Breakfast was amazing! great and friendly transport.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

First, my friend's wallet and phone were stolen!! Security did very little to help recover the items. Furthermore, the hotel did not offer any compensation. Next, the hotel frequently ran out of clean towels. Last, Hotel management was not available to answer questions.

The housekeeping staff was very nice and considerate. I was grateful for good friends who made the trip worth while.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

• Junior Suite (1 Adult)

Location is so remote from the airports. Some staff at breakfast were gruff and appeared bothered that I asked for coffee three times before I was served. The lunch and dinner buffets were not that great. I preferred the food at the specialist restaurants especially the Italian and Steak House restaurants. Internal hotel Shuttles took too long to pick me up.

Attended my friend's destination wedding at this resort. The ceremony and reception were both handled very professionally by the hotel. The wedding was a beautiful garden ceremony overlooking the water at a gazebo and it was amazing. The reception was at night with dinner and lots of dancing into the night. Breakfast buffet was amazing. The Boogie Woogie Club was great. The hotel is 5 mins from Dolphin Cove Negril and 40 min. drive from Rick's cafe. Great pools and beach. Lots of night entertainment and I enjoyed the beach party on my last night.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Didn't enjoy my lunch the first day ... But we when to next restaurant and everything was great from there ..

I really enjoyed my bday dinner at the Italian restaurant

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Junior Suite (2 Adults)

The only negative was that the pool "runs out" of towels around 2:30 p.m. everyday. Even though there are yellow bags full of clean folded towels sitting around the area, they are clearly being reserved for the following day. It was a pain to have to carry around a wet towel or sandy towel if you were going back and forth from the pool to the beach. Everything else was great!

This was my third time staying at the resort. I've stayed on the Jamaica side once and the Lady Hamilton side twice. The Lady Hamilton side is nicer, but I haven't found there to be a significant difference betweent the two. It really depends on what you want to be close to. If you want to spend time at the beach where the water sports and snorkeling are, stay on the LD side. If you want to be closer to the main pool/beer hut, stay on the Jamaica side. The shuttles can take a while when it's busy, but the property is easily walkable in about 15 minutes. One of my favorite things about this resort in particular is the friendliness of the staff. The bartenders and the entertainment staff are welcoming, happy people and they want you to have a great vacation. Sometimes they get overwhelmed and the service is a little slower than in the US, but who cares. You are in Jamaica, enjoy it. The food is decent. If you are looking for a 5 star meal, you aren't going to get it here. That said the breakfast buffets and the a la carte restaurants are all good. Again, you just have pay attention to what you order. Jamaica is known for jerk chicken. Get it, it's delicious. Beef is hard to come by in Jamaica. It isn't like what you will get in the states or Europe. The custom made omelets and the jerk chicken were by far my go to orders. The drinks are great. Pro tip: bring your own water bottle or tumbler. The cups are very tiny and you'll get pool water in your drink. Bring something with a lid. They don't water down the booze here. There's also a ton of choices. Most of the restaurants and bars even have their own cocktail menus. Get coffee with rum cream. Overall, the resort is a bit dated, but it's awesome. If you are looking for an affordable place to take a family, or go as a couple, there are things for everyone. I highly recommend it and I'm sure I will be back.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Suite

Would have loved to know the nights the different restaurants were open or would be closed.knowing this would help with my plans or celebration.

Loved the place from the moment we arrived. Scenery beautiful, staff friendly. Great food and plenty of it. Everything to satisfy everyone's pallet. Loved the Jamaica entertainment, the beach and the pools.Great place to plan a wedding or family celebration.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

My wife is from Jamaica, however she does not appear to be. She speaks the local slang, and she overheard staff in the small gift shop speaking poorly about us. The staff treated us as if we were another to them for being there. The male staff was very disrespectful as I observed several males looking at female guest behinds as they walked pass and also observed them doing the same to my wife. Overall the staff was not ver friendly or respectful of our space as we were cut off and spoken to harshly if we walked on the right side of the walk or road way. We felt that because we're black they treated the white staff with a little more respect. We will never visit this resort again and I will be sure to go on social media to let my friends and family know how we were treated so they don't waste their time or money.

The front desk staff was great. The dining room staff in the evening was good as well. The bartenders at the beach bar was equally good.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Junior Suite Super Saver (2 Adults)

Staff was subpar, most of the staff in the evening were young and not trained too well but the staff in the buffet area, they were excellent. The entertainment by the staff was just below subpar, very unorganized and showed no enthusiasm for what they were doing. Had to watch out for the carts that dropped ppl of at their rooms because they were driving at top speed

Loved the room, the cleaniness of the hotel and how they kept the garden very well maintained

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Junior Suite Super Saver (2 Adults)

The main thing I found fault with was the toilets by the pool they need to be cleaned more often too much water on the floor could cause serious accident. Need to be monitored. I had no wifi in my room, had everywhere else in the hotel complex.

The hotel is beautiful and good value for money. The room was excellent and spacious wasn't expecting the size I got for a junior suite. Room was clean and tidy ideal for a family of four. The restaurants and Buffett sections were good plenty of options to choose from. The staff were pleasant and they do very well trying to tend to everyone in the restaurants. Pool and beach area were clean. Pool area again nice area for children designed very well. Hot dog man excellent touch, if you can't be bothered to go inside you have the option to snack on the hot dogs or they have another Buffett further down from the pool.