Reviews of Kaz Kreol Beach Lodge & Wellness Retreat 3 stars

Old Road, White River Bay P.O. Box 24, 0000 Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#13 of 21 hotels in Ocho Rios

• Standard Suite

Was not expecting the hotel to be run down, the curtains had holes in them. There was no coffee in the room. Charged for water, but they never replaced it. Breakfast was never on time, had to wait for them to get ready.

Just improve the wifi

The room is very nice, I love the beach view. Cable tv & A.C the location is nice and it’s very close to alot of activities that tourist would love

• Standard Suite

There was no hot water. Most of the beach pictures advertised were of other properties which we did not have access to. Cats were eating off the dining tables. The beach area was overrun by dogs, cats and rat bats at night. Bed was hard. WiFi service was terrible. Music from the bar was loud and it is located right beside the rooms. Breakfast omelette could have been made by a 2 year old. Hotel just did not appear clean generally. Very overpriced for what you get. Hotel run down and in dire need of refurbishing. Would NOT recommend it to anyone....

Air conditioning eventually worked after being left on for half a day. 😒

• Premium Suite

Staff moral was poor faciluties did not work, cleaning of rooms were poor. My party of 5 was disgusted.

Food portion was the only good thing that i can rate as top 10, although no fruit in the morning with breakfast was given, when asked i was informd that they dont have.... Another pary came and fruit was given to them, they were on the table in front if me..

• Standard Suite

I didn't like the bed.....breakfast was limited both in options available and amount provided. Dont like that rooms don't have phones.

Food was good,consistently on point...scenery was good....staff was ok

• Standard Suite

I have slept in softer concrete- Thebes was rock hard, no glass or in room amenities, air con was loud, breakfast was poor and internet week and didn’t work for one day

The staff was friendly but not overly helpful

TV needs to be working

it's a nice property, staff is curteous. The TV wasn't working and I wasn't told until I checked in. the room was comfortable, however the bathroom facilities needs an upgrade. Restaurant staff is nice. and front desk personnel.

• Premium Suite

oops...for Jamaican...alright & for American...like..Motel 6 DIRTY!!!!!😓...APPEARANCE...1ST 👀!!!

Food was great!! Shuffle driver was A W E S-O M E!!!!...John Satterfield...?! Toilet was stain & dirty (new TOILET!!!) STaff is Awesome...Kimberly ...SO PROFESSIONAL!!! 😍 Need MATTRESS COVER!!!!

• Standard Suite

The room was dingy, smelled of smoke, had no television - breakfast was a long wait, no card readers had was too be travelling around with this old key

Liked Nothing about this hotel

• Standard Suite

There was no iron board in the room. The outdoor apperance needed to be a little better but inside is okay. There was no cable there and the wifi was a bit slow but I went there to relax and so it was.

The atmosphere was very relaxing, my husband and I spent our 1st wedding anniversary there. We were captivated by the view of the ocean over the balcony each morning. The food was more than excellent. We had requested a candle light dinner the night of our anniversary; it wasn't what we expected however it was acknowledged 2 complimentary drinks were given which was a nice gesture.

• Standard Suite

Wifi and cable didn't work

The place is like a little hidden treasure the staff is great food is good the place needs upgrade but the service is great

• Standard Suite

The location is spectacularly beautiful and the lapping of the waves imbues you with a sense of tranquility. The accommodation was superb and the food excellent. I heard that the wifi was iffy but I did not care about that. Kaz Kreol is a gem!

• Standard Suite

The staff wasn’t polite. The property needs renovation, the doors are old and the place looks shabby. The property has 3 floors and has no staff to help with bags . Visitors have to struggle with luggage to the floors . Poor location it’s much more sensible to stay in an air bnb. The outside location looks like a slum.

The breakfast is good

• Standard Suite

The bed could have been a bit more comfortable and the parking could be more private

At first I didn't like the look of this property but it was the cheapest place I stayed in jamaica and ended up being the best for me. The food was very nice and the room leads right on to a little beach with a bar if you want something simple it's perfect for the price and the staff were the nicest I came across even after staying in an all inclusive in montego bay.

• Premium Suite

The facility is very run down Food here was too expensive for me to afford me e.g. water is $200JA and the staff was very cold at times. Television wasn't working or shower. Was just too much wrong for the amount of money I paid!!

Loved the private beach and breakfast

• Standard Suite

Some of the facility's didn't work , such as the TV they just had a sign up saying that they would have it sorted ASAP which never happened while I was there, the WiFi was intermittent and when I was shown my room no one told me I had to switch the fridge on from the socket myself so for the first day I thought it didn't work, and no ironing board, none of this reflected on the price they charged.

It was a quiet and clean with very nice scenery the staff were always friendly and I thought the décor suited the place and it was a fair price for what I got.

• Premium Suite

Great hotel and was just what we needed for our weekend at beach Jouvert. Rooms were really nice with large 4 poster bed, fantastic view of the sea and a really nice beach. The bar was also really nice, as was the Jamaican breakfast and the staff!!

• Standard Suite

Hardly any eating possibilities in the area. A little isolated also since taxis are quite expensive. And so are daytrips etc.

It's basically right on the beach. not a given for many hotels on the Jamaica north coast.

• Premium Suite

Beds. A little too hard for me.

Lovely beach - Superb in fact and surprising considering the surrounding area. The hotel is a good local hotel with great prices and a lovely bar. The breakfasts were impressive!

• Superior Suite

It's not that I didn't like it, just improvements on the facility such as the bathroom in the room. I also felt the rooms listed online was misinformed. There were a few options when choosing rooms. Instead of choosing standard or suite. I chose the premium room, I assumed I was going to have privacy since our daughter was in the room. But instead it was a twin size fold out bed against the wall and two full size mattresses pushed together to make a king size bed. Also, I had to give an additional $25 which was refundable, but it was for the drinks in the fridge. A bottle of water was $2 USD, when the same bottle of water was $40 JMD. That's change in US currency. I would suggest to have the water complimentary. Overall, I would come back. But the premium room is just a standard room, I kind of felt over charged. And hopefully the cable is fixed soon.

The breakfast was delicious. The scenery was beautiful when looking upon the balcony. Facility was clean, the staff were nice. Felt at home. Beach was clean. Rooms were quiet. It's worth it, although a little hard to find. I apologize in advance. I did not take photos of the room. But in detail, the king size bed was in between two night stands and just a step away was the sink. There was a microwave and mini fridge filled with beverages. Three steps from the end of the bed was a dresser with a flat screen tv. In between the dresser and the sliding doors that led to the balcony was the twin size my daughter slept in. It was a tight squeeze. But if your going to be out mostly, then the room should not be a problem.

• Premium Suite

Breakfast menu very poor, no vegetable, no fruit, chemical juice, no yoghurt, no cheese, just continental- eggs and toast, sometimes fried bacon or jamaican breakfast- mostly acknee and saltfish. We have stayed there for 10 days and at least for 5 days we have had just cold water in the shower, that was very unpleasant. Walking along the only street by the river approaching the little shop or restaurant was stressful due to the people that could bother you. Restaurant not bad, but could be better.

Nice view from the balcony, nice sea. Rooms were cleaned every day, sometimes changing also bedding.

• Standard Suite

Staff member accusing my partner of being a thief.whilst we was waiting for our breakfast he asked my partner if he could have a word with him..took him away from my company..asked him the reg of his car.my partner told him.he stll persisted questioning my partner.i eventually.i went over even though on booking in.you have to register your car number plates..the staff member said that so one told him there's a rasta man walking around the premises looking to rob some thing..from when he asked my partner his reg number of his car the talk should have ended..because he had different reg to this mans car..but this staff member carried it on..i wasn't happy..the staff member apologised eventually.after i intervened.he judged my partner because he is a rasta man.not professional in my eyes.he should get his facts right before pulling some one from the breakfast table..with there love one..that was the second morning into us being there..who ever gave him the info of this rasta man wanting to rob the place should have pointed him out..cause it certainly wasn't my man.nice place other wise.

Clean on the beach

• Standard Suite

Entrance door to bedroom needs deadbolts, also entrance door and bathroom door needs to be changed. Walls needs painting.

Breakfast was satisfactory, bedroom was satisfactory/gorgeous view, no noise of traffic. Food was delicious. Atmosphere felt like the 80’s.

• Standard Suite

We were dependent on the hotel to provide activities which were advertised and displayed in the lobby. As time passes without them happening we kept expecting the next one to happen, which didn't. So we missed out on doing activities on our own

The size of the bed and the room was good. We had no problem with hot water and we basically had the opportunity to lounge around. The place was not crowded so getting a meal was a breeze which was delicious.

• Standard Suite

Music from outside was a bit loud at night, but that's Jamaica for ya. It would tend to quit around 11pm. The bed wasn't very comfortable, and I can't say the rooms are terribly new & clean... Also, you're about 2 miles from "downtown" Ochi, which might be a pain if you don't have a car.

Onsite restaurant and bar were surprisingly good (Greek themed food, outdoor bar on the beach). The location is pretty cool too, they're on a little section of beach with a pier, near the White river.

• Standard Suite

Wi-fi was extremely intermittent which was slightly irritating. It is a pity that there were a few items unavailable from the menu selection but otherwise nice and comfortable.

Staff were excellent and accommodating. Warm and friendly atmosphere

The day I had to leave.

Kaz kreol is amazing from waking up to an ocean view, or eating breakfast by the ocean this hotel is the best. I got to know all the staff and they are the friendliest people.Every request was fulfilled and by the way the blue mountain coffee served is one of the best coffees I’ve ever tasted.

• Standard Suite

The first night we got there, all of the staff including security left the property and locked all of the gates. We were locked inside the hotel like prisoners and could not leave. The police didn't even help us. The next day the staff was rude and unapologetic.

• Premium Suite

We were in room 108 which was an extension of the bar.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating, especially the kitchen staff (Deyon) and The life guard (Kevin). However the building needs to be knocked down and rebuilt.

• Premium Suite

As far as im aware the hotel didn’t offer any kind of entertainment or themed restaurant nights which would be nice to see

The view from the room was absolutely amazing and very comfy beds

• Standard Suite

Breakfast order was wrong every morning. There was always an issue getting towels and adequate soap for the bathroom. There was no phone in the room. We constantly found hair in the (supposedly) freshly washed towels, bath mats etc.

View from the room, breakfast was tasty, microwave and fridge in the room were a welcome bonus. Natalie was very pleasant. I understand it's a 2? 3? star hotel but it could work on getting the basics right..

• Standard Suite

The place looked old and decor outdated. Ants in room ...I had no television to watch although there was one in the room. Apparently the cable was out yet no compensation for the huge inconvenience since olympics was on during that time. Two twin beds pushed together to form king and the beds were old and hard with just two plain sheets...no comforter. Second day no washcloth or towel replaced so I had to walk downstairs to the front desk since there's no phone in the room. Kaz Kreol is located in an area that doesn't feel safe especially if you plan to walk. You will need transportation to the town of Ocho Rios. There are much much nicer places close to Ocho Rios which are cheaper than this place. I stayed two nights and barely slept.

It's close to a beach

Read above.

My check in was late. Upon arrival I had two heavy luggage’s... I was given a room on the 3rd Floor. Which unfortunately the toilet was flushing. I had to wait till the next evening until I switch room(in the same floor) worsen, no hot water, above the kitchen, not as nice, it smell and decor was really poor. I was fustrated because I was in a date(valentines). Then I attempt to extend my stay, and I was told no room was available. The front desk host, is not as warm, although she was doing her job. Still, the food there is good and vibe excellent.

• Standard Suite

Reception was grim Curtains in room ripped and dirty Only soap provided Only 4 tables to sit and have dinner at Breakfast very poor

we had dinner which was good

• Standard Suite

I stayed here 3 yrs ago and hotel needs to be desperately updated, the drawers in the rooms are falling apart, there's no phone in room, my husband not treated nicely in the.dining room area..i ordered a cabana for 11 and it wasnt ready until 1230 and i can go on....wifi is horrible and no tv in room...

I loved the access to the beach and the amazing view from the balcony...

• Standard Suite

The room was ok staff some ok some just no manners location is bit off of a tourist difficult to find beech front was good there was no tv for the hole stay or WiFi as stated in my package one staff at breakfast refused to give me more breakfast cause my plate was empty but another person had food left on plate and was given more food I was told I had finished so was not entitled to no more made no sense

• Premium Suite

Away from the staff nothing a queen bed is two little bed push together

To be honest nothing fist i have to leave two days before I was supposed to and get no refund for five days we were there we have no TV the food where no good they pay you less for the dollar so I can and will not recommend no one to this hell hole

No upgrades have been done to this place since the 80's from the bathroom to the drapes. I felt like I was taken back intime. Booked two rooms for four of us & had to change rooms due to leakage & all the rooms were in the same deplorable condition. Hotel advertised that wifi & cable were available and that was far from the truth. TV was not working along with no wifi for the entire weekend. Along with an ancient sign attached to the lobby desk apologizing for the absence of cable TV "at the moment" (we weren't fooled)...Dining area was not welcoming at all made you feel as if you were eating on the street corner. I would not recommend my worst enemy to this "run down motel" Booking.com has them rated at 3 stars I wouldn't even give them a flicker.

That it was right on the beach

• Standard Suite

Thankfully, my reservation was only for 2 nights. This "beach lodge" was extremely disappointing. While we did not expect a lot for the price we paid for this last minute trip to a tourist area, the conditions at this property was very disappointing considering the property description, supposed amenities & the reviews. Below are a few of the issues that I had during my 2-night stay. 1. The Beach:There was a mountain of debris on the beach that spanned the entire stretch of the beach. While the debris was as a result of very high tides the night before, instead of having it removed as I've seen at other small beach properties, the workers simply cleared what appeard to be the drains & piled the debris along the shore. 2. Parking: The free onsite parking is basically street parking in front of the hotel which is across from a cleared section of a wooded area where men were burning debris. When we questioned how secure the area was, we were told that there were cameras & a security guard at night - we crossed our fingers & hoped for the best. 3. The flat screen TV: Well, this is really about the fact that there is no cable service which makes the claim of free flat screen tvs in each room unnecessary. There is a tattered notice at the registration desk stating that the cable company was working on resolving an issue with the cable service. However, the cable boxes that were in the rooms are no longer being used by the cable company - they changed those boxes at least 2 years ago. This issue of no cable service would have not been so bad if the beach area was clean. 4. Towels & washcloths: They were stained &/or torn & upon requesting new washcloths, we were given stained hand towels & told there were no more washcloths. 5. NO HOT WATER! To be fair, we had hot water for about 3 minutes during the entire trip.

The room was clean, and the view from the room was lovely once you ignored the debris on the beach.

• Standard Suite

The bathroom lighting was very dem and hard to see to comb hair and put on make-up. The room was out dated and the tv network was down and could watch it the entire time. The internet service was very poor and they kept runing out of wash clothes. We bought some. The food was expensive and the hotel was like a Motel 6. to me it was over priced.

The staff was very friendly and helpful but at times very slow and unattentive. Breakfast was a full one and it was very good.

• Standard Suite

The WiFi was not very good didn’t work all the time The TV eventually did work however we had to sort it Needed a kettle, cups tea and coffee

The location was amazing and the staff especially Angelique were lovely - the room and bathroom needed a facelift but the food was good

• Standard Suite

Very run down facility. No TV available during our stay, poor wifi, very limited food at restaurant and breakfast. Very poor lighting in room, holes in curtains, broken tap in bathroom.No service to rooms had to ask for clean towels which were not available till late each day. Beach not really swimmable and tiny. Dirty river outlet right near beach.

• Standard Suite

No TV for the entire time I love watching the news I can't relax without it...the Jamaican breakfast very poor need a good chef

The room was very nice with the ocean view staff pleasant thanks Angelene

• Standard Suite

There was construction going on in the room below mine. There was no wifi and no hot water. No shampoo, conditioner, or any other basic toiletry beyond the cheapest type of bar of soap and toilet paper. There were no phones in the rooms to call the front desk and the towels were all torn in half and full of holes. Also they charged me incorrectly and I had to call my bank to get my money back.

• Standard Suite

It’s a budget option - based on that it was great no complaints. Could the room have been nicer and bathroom cleaner yes but for the price it was amazing and the beach is fantastic!

Great value for a beach front property - well worth what we paid. The fish over a Merls fish joint (under the overpass by the river) was amazing! So cheap! Get the bammy too!

• Standard Suite

Room had no hotwater,no outlet for shave,inadequate outets,a rug was needed, service needed btwn room and kitchen/bar,in proper lighting in bathroom,upgrade fixtures

Staff was Great, Outdoor bar, Beach n mini pier

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Standard Suite

There was no internet connection in the room. I was advised to go to the balcony to access same. On the balcony I had to endure the smell of marijauna /ganja. The breakfast was bland, the bathrooms and building need renovation, had to lift my luggage from the 3rd floor, no elevator. Avoided the beach because of the smokers. Noisy at times.

The bed was comfortable enough. I was able to sleep without a problem. The kitchenette was convenient, but I had to request a room change to get one. The price was affordable for the duration of my stay

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Standard Suite

For the price we had to pay the room should have been much better. Ants everywhere. Old paint smell in the room and hallway. The room is very outdated they need a renovation ASAP. The bathroom was old and the bathtub sprouted our black stuff when turned on yuck! The cable wasn’t on. Smh for over $100 bucks we could’ve stayed somewhere better and safe! Meal prices are overcharged so as the snacks/beverages in the room. In order to get to the hotel you have to pass by dirty water and look like homeless people or bad people trying to sell you stuff. It’s a very shady or janky area to get to the hotel,watch your back and never walk alone or at night over there! Get what you need during the day and stay where it’s safe in the hotel. The pictures weren’t as accurate.

The only thing I liked about this place was the free breakfast. Nothing further.

• Standard Suite

Wifi waa very poor in the room and my husband couldn't get any access.wished there were more breakfast options.

The breakfast was great,the staff was friendly & eager to assist &the scenery was great.

• Standard Suite

It took some time for us to get our food and breakfast was never served on time but overall it was good.

Overall the food was good it took a little while for us to get our order but overall the food taste very good and the price was reasonable. The property sits directly on the beach and we really enjoyed the river that sits next to the property it is very quiet secluded and a great place to hang out. I would definitely come back again. the rooms were spacious and comfortable air condition was there hot water was there. Also a kitchenette. Great experience for the money.

• Standard Suite

I am a repeat customer :) I found Kaz by fluke about 4 years ago and love it. I believe it has 22 rooms all facing the beach! If you think that you need a five star resort to relax you're so wrong! All my life I've been staying at 5 star hotels and now realized what a waste of money. The staff at Kaz excels at customer service which is so rare in Jamaica. The resort is safe as it offers 24 hour security. The kitchen staff, I love them! Great cooks... My advise is just give them a try, you will not regret it. Authentic Jamaican resort

• Standard Suite

No phones in the room or a clock to tell time. We were on the 3 floor and if you wanted to communicate with the front desk to ask a question you would have to walk down to the front desk

Being on the beach

• Standard Suite

Everything positive - no reason to complain for anything .

Best bed ever ... in any hotel !!! Beautiful location of the hotel - the Beach the Ocean - Wonderful !!!-. Friendly and very helpful people working at the hotel . Everything neat and clean !. Good service . Massage by Claudette was Heavenly !!

Did not like the breakfast service as it little or no option on the menu daily, the Wifi keep going on and off or out of range inside the rooms especially when they have charged so much money for what?

The customer service & the beach view.

• Standard Suite

The smell in the room. The breakfast attendant was not very attentive as she just said they had egg n toast for breakfast. Then she came with scrambled egg for my partner without asking how he would like his eggs. The checking in process had a twist in that guests were required to deposit $2500 which they get back when checking out. It wasn't a problem if you didn't have it but it was an embarrassing moment.

The bed was comfortable. The bar/dinner attendant was especially hospitable courteous n very pleasant. The breakfast was good.

• Premium Suite

Great location, private beach, pristine hotel, helpful staff. This hotel is a bargain find and feels like real Jamaica. Far more character than the average oversized Jamaica resort. Dinner is brilliant from their small restaurant. Breakfast options a little limited but always tasty and traditional. Beach incredibly peaceful. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Standard Suite

Breakfast could be better. Rooms should be equipped with a microwave Professional lifeguard should always be on the lookout, in the event that there are any eventually regardless of how simply it is

• Standard Suite

The AC went on the blink for 2 days, cable tv service was cut off the day I arrived and the staff promised to call for service but it never came back on, my patio door lock was broken so I slept in an unsecured room, good thing it was on the 2nd floor

The Breakfast

• Premium Suite

Would not change a thing.

Rooms open up to private beach, food outstanding. So friendly and welcoming. That good we are returning for another stay within the same month!! Have already recommended to family and friends. Lots of activities.beauty treatments, laundry ect.... safe for young children and beautiful for couples.

• Premium Suite

Property is a bit dated could do with a make over.

Staff were really friendly, lovely food. Very clean. In a really good location. Room was cleaned every day, breakfast was excellent.

• Standard Suite

The breakfast was horrible. There is not much variety of food therefore the food is very limited. No entertainment but the vibe was still there.

The beach was beautiful and the staff helped me out when i thought i lose my slippers.This hotel was perfect for me and my husband to relax and get some 'us' time.

• Superior Suite

water sports equipment, there is only one Kayak and it was leaking so couldn't use it, most of the snorkling gears were busted. kaz has so much potiential but need to use them up. open the breakfast menu some more, service the bathroom faucets and have some proper water sports gear. so guest can have fun in the sun. all that you would go there for now is food, drink, service, and comfort of some of the rooms, what about the fun?

The room was a total upgrade from the last trip, great bed, it seems the was a blocked pipe for the face basin would take long to waste the water, great food and beverage, wonderful staff.

• Standard Suite

It was 30+ years overdue a refurb.

Nothing. It was the second worst hotel I've ever stayed in. I only stayed one night because we couldn't find another at short notice.

• Standard Suite

You must first accept that this is a cheaper hotel, with that accepted the staff are amazing and very helpful. The beach is as good as any other in Jamaica, a personal highlight. Take advantage of the hotels drivers and visit the Blue Hole + Dunns River Falls. This hotel is close to many of the day activities. I'm sure as soon as you settle in to your surroundings for the holiday you'll love this place too.

• Premium Suite

I didn't like our bedroom, I didn't find it very nice, the bed wasn't comfy and the furniture was just plain, the bedroom didn't wow me, I need a bit more luxury and was willing to pay for luxury n comfort if need b.

The view from our bedroom is lovely, our bedroom was near the bar, between 7-8am there was a lot of loud talking outside the bar area, that disturbed my sleep, I came to rest not to b woken by loud talking near our hotel room.

• Standard Suite

I didn't have a toothpaste and they dont have even a little shop on the property were I could get it, no phone in the room.

The the food taste good.

This property, Kaz Kreol Beach Lodge & Wellness Retreat, is not as pictured on Booking.com. As I approached the hotel I was taken aback by its location... It's located in a run-down area on the outskirts of Ocho Rios, complete with loiterers and people washing their cars in the nearby river. The hotel itself is old and dilapidated. As I entered into the “lobby” (more like an adjoining back room to the hotel, also not as depicted), it was hot inside and there was someone fixing the air conditioning unit. Already, I did not feel safe staying there as a solo female traveler and was displeased with the hotel's appearance, but out of curiosity I asked to see my room. Big surprise, the room smelled old and dusty and nothing like the clean, vibrantly colored rooms shown on the website. I told the receptionist that I did not want to stay and it was then that she informed me that they had already charged my card 6 days earlier for 7 days and nights totaling nearly $700 USD and that it is non-refundable. Now, I do not remember seeing that it was non-refundable while booking, but apparently, in order to get these discounted deals most of these rooms are non-refundable... Lesson learned! Read the fine print. I wanted to talk the manager to see if I could work something out with the charges. She was not on the premises at the time and showed up nearly 2 hours after repeated phone calls and waiting in the hot “lobby”. She was not open to any agreement and very unpleasant, to say the least. This was very alarming that an establishment would take a dissatisfied customers money when no services had been rendered. Out of principle and good customer service, a reputable business would not have charged me for all 7 days (which is more than the average stay there). I am extremely disappointed in Booking.com who misrepresented this hotel on their website. And to add insult to injury, Booking.com only offered me a measly $25 for my inconvenience.

• Premium Suite

I am a Canadian and did not have US$$ currency. They refused my $CDN . On;y asking for US and Jamaican. I don,t get that. I did not like a lot of things, I booked a room with 2 beds when I got there I had 1 bed in the room. My Television did not work during my entire stay and as for the internet it worked occasionally. I spent the very early Morning hours of Friday with no luck trying to get to booking .com to extend my stay to the 21st and to make arrangement for pick up back to airport. I was to concerned that I needed to give enough noticed fro picked up. I really Panicked. Thank God I eat certain foods. The hotel is kind of Isolated from the main road. The food did not impressed me. The orange juice was not real.it was like tang powdered mixed with water. No fresh natural orange juice. soup was like pouches emptied into water and food added.

I really liked the entire staff. They were all amazing and professionalized. My Goodness what great customer service from everyone of them that I came into contact with. They were approachable, They took responsibility. The only one sure reason I will go back to this Beach Lodge is because of this particular set of staff. I felt as though I was home with my family. I really do missed each of them.

• Premium Suite

The location was too far out of Ocho Rios, and so transport to Ocho Rios was anywhere from US30 and upwards each way, so quite expensive.

The staff were nice, especially Kevin, who would do anything to help, he was awesome and made our stay so enjoyable. If you need a driver to take you places, highly recommend Ricky who works at the hotel, he was really honest and protective. The food was delicious. Loved being on the ground floor as easy access to the beach, dining, etc. Great being on the beach and sitting out on our balcony.

• Premium Suite

There were a couple of instances where employees - two security guards in particular - made me uncomfortable with their unwanted advances and pushing to get to know me better, asking if I was married, why am I single, that they'd like to get to know me, etc. One of them was extremely pushy so I reported him to the office. I was not bothered by him after that. Non-guests have access to the area and come to enjoy the beach and onsite restaurant and bar. While this was not an issue for us, there were times we weren't able to distinguish between visitors and hotel staff. It would be nice if all staff wore name tags. Because all the beaches are technically public, we did have some interesting folks trying to sell us things and offering boat trips. Be safe and ask the hotel staff first. While we were there, there was an island-wide cable outage so we had no TV for all but 2 days of our stay and for the last 2 days of our stay there was no running water in our room due to work on water mains nearby. Not the hotel's fault in either case and they accommodated us the best they could. I only mention it so as to warn other guests that this is a possibility when visiting the island.

The staff is excellent - very friendly and accommodating. They make up for the parts of the hotel that are lacking. The location is wonderful and we pretty much had the beach to ourselves. Even the most crowded day (their Emancipation Day holiday) was not bad. While the rooms are dated and could use some repairs, they were extremely clean. We weren't shown how the A/C worked when we were brought up to our room, but we eventually located the remote that was mounted on the wall next to the bathroom. The A/C was very cold. The beds had no blankets, just a top sheet, but my sister was able to get one upon request. The onsite restaurant is very good - most menu items are Greek (kabobs, gyros, spanakopita, etc.) but they do also have a decent hamburger, chicken and fish fingers, chicken or fish sandwich and a few Jamaican dishes including oxtails and curries. And the drinks at the bar are definitely not watered down. They have a pretty good selection of liquors and a menu of mixed and blended drinks as well as non-alcoholic drinks. Also, there's a wonderful coconut ice cream you can get at the bar.

The location of the property is very creepy, wifi and Ac didn't work and had no water at the hotel. The place need to be renovated very out dated

The staff was very friendly

• Standard Suite

They need more sign to get you to the hotel

It was clean it was a little hide away frm all the busy main hotel and everything was just right the breakfast was gud all the other attractions was not far away frm the hotel but to find the location it was a bit challenging and till my husband got the full address of the place but its just one straight rd coming frm Montego Bay are st Ann like u going towards st Mary but u turn of at the traffic light on ur right at the Texaco gas station and do a immediate left under the bridge at white river its a lovely place to stay

• Standard Suite

The view of the ocean is wonderful (every room has an ocean view), and the location of the property is very close to a freshwater river mouth that flows into the ocean. There are several types of birds to see. The beach was great, the water was beautiful, and the staff extremely friendly and helpful. When we asked for beach towels they weren't ready. However, within 10 minutes someone brought them to the beach for us - great service! They also have a few life jackets and large kayaks/canoes to paddle around in. Breakfast was included each morning - traditional Jamaican or Continental - and it was delicious and filling. There is an on-site restaurant, so you can order from their menu for other meals if you don't want to walk into town.

• Premium Suite

THE PLACE NEEDS A REDO IT'S RIGHT BY THE SEA BUT WHEN U GET THERE IT LOOK'S LIKE A DUMP SOME FRESH PAINT AND GOOD SCRUB WOULD HELP

THE BAR BY THE BEACH ,

• Standard Suite

The relaxation of the beach

The beach was good but a little confusing with the adjoining resort . nevertheless could be relaxing although my stay was temporary as l was moving on to my residence in the area.