Reviews of Royal Decameron Montego Beach Resort - ALL INCLUSIVE 4 stars

#15 of 36 hotels in Montego Bay

4.1

the place just did not meet my expectation
    • Double Room with Garden View

bathroom had shower curtains, they were painting the building,no refridgerator and some staff were not friendly.

the place just did not meet my expectation

Called the front desk twice to get a bottle of water and I...
    • Double Room with Ocean View

Called the front desk twice to get a bottle of water and I had to wait till the next morning to go down and get it myself after two persons told me that it would be sent up the night before. Didn't appreciate that

It was good
    • Double Room with Garden View

The ac in the rooms werent that cold, the jacuzzi wasnt working...wish you had more water sports...the snack bar need updating...i wish the pool table was in better condition..wish the rooms had small fridge to cool my drink and water its really stressful having to walk to a bar just for some cool water...and wish the cable tv had more channels

The entertainment and theme nights are always a look forward to....if u want entertainment plus comfort this is your hotel

I was obsessed with the property , my room and the friendly...
    • Double Room with Ocean View

I hate that a Specific staff was very and disrespectful and judge mental, His name is Denmark .. When I was coming in to have lunch he told his that she should feed me porridge and basically body shaming me and later in the day he was judging my boyfriend and I saying to his co-workers he will not be attending to gays .. yup he was very simple minded and ignoramus and he will cause the hotel to lose guest if he’s gonna be that judge mental and not willing to do his job. I personally think that somebody that is apprehensive about the idea of gays shouldn’t work in an environment like that where every and anybody will be staying at the resort, a construction site with self proclaimed straight men will fit him better.

I was obsessed with the property , my room and the friendly staffs .. I wanted to extend my stay but I had to go back to work 😫 ... the property is way more beautiful than in the pictures. The beach and the pool felt super good 💓 there’s a lot of Stacy’s there as well and I was super obsessed with them. .. they are very friendly especially the one at the front desk and the one that is the waitress ❤️ all the Stacy’s deserve extra incentives 💸

The location was great.
    • Double Room with Ocean View

The hotel needs to offer at least 4 wash cloths for two persons. Had a really hard time getting extras. Overall good hotel and location

The location was great. Close to many shops and Margaritaville

It was okay could have been a little better.
    • Double Room with Garden View

No free wifi and when you pay for it can only be use in the lobby that need to be reviewed properly.

The customer service was great and the staff very interactive.

This is my third time there. So that says it all. It ia a great place to relax and unwind.

I didn't like the wifi.

I liked that the resort was only 5 minutes away from the airport. The facility is located right on the water too. Which is perfect!

The resort was too nice to not have internet included which made it appear cheap.
    • Double Room with Ocean View

Internet was not included. There was an additional charge of $5. Per hour for wi-fi in this All inclusive resort. Absolutely Rediculous. The base boards and ceilings could use some toutch up with paint.

The staff and food was great Place felt secure but internet was not include. There was an additional charge of $5. Per hour to receive wi-fi. Absolutely rediculous! Fast food resturants offer free wi-fi.

Jamaica heaven
    • Double Room with Garden View

I did not like the fact that the front desk staff did not care to give us all the information we should of received such as that they provide shuttles to certain places in town. Instead of telling you that they go on ahead and call you a taxi when they know they have shuttles that are free for us.

I liked the atmosphere and the fact that it was right on the beach. The staff were very friendly and made good friends. Plenty of things to do in the hotel itself. It is maintained very clean which I loved.

Overall I was please with my experience and plan on staying again in a few months.
    • Double Room with Ocean View

Beds and pillows were hard. Water temperature would change to scolding hot on its own. Kitchen needs more vegetarian/vegan options. Bathroom was a bit small and dark.

Beach and grounds were clean. Staff was pleasant and went out of their way to accommodate us. Check-in was fast. We arrived 3 hours early and were able to eat and check-in before 3pm. The ocean view from our room was amazing.

A great value and deal for an all in-inclusive. Beautiful beach!
    • Double Room with Ocean View

I have stayed here three times so I know the resort. Food could have been better. The à la carte cuisine at the adjoining Decameron resort (Cornwall? called "Mediterranean à la carte) was clearly better, and guests at the older Decameron should be allowed to reserve/use the newer one occasionally. Also change the menu at the Souk à la carte. Finally, it would be nice to serve Red Stripe beer in a bottle and not just on tap.

Staff were friendly. Beaches are clean and the sea calm and wonderful. View from my top floor balcony great. Location --right close to the Hip Strip, "Margaritaville" and the airport.

Excellent staff.
    • Double Room with Garden View

Decrease in water pressure during certain hours of the day.

Excellent staff. They were friendly, courteous, fun and responsible! Big up Jermaine, TJ and Sharlette!!

Very good and enjoyable
    • Double Room with Garden View

Not being able to get a good spot on the beach. People reserving covered beach spots and not showing up for hours.

Had a great time. Love the property. We upgraded when we arrived and stayed at the newer Resort Royal Decameron Cornwall Beach. Very, very nice!

My overall stay was almost excellent.
    • Double Room with Garden View

The bar staff was not so friendly, very abrupt!!

Entertainment package was awesome.the restaurant and entertainment staff very friendly.The overall property was clean.Front Desk great service!! We had access to two properties and it was nice.I will return!!

The property is not maintained, the check in was horrible,...
    • Double Room with Ocean View

The property is not maintained, the check in was horrible, the room was not properly cleaned, the phone didn’t work. We had to pay for WiFi that still doesn’t pick up out of the lobby or dining area, the bathroom had a foul odor , the food selection was very limited, the staff was acted like if you are a local they don’t pay you any attention , very unprofessional.

Food was awesome, entertainment was great, and staff was...
    • Double Room with Ocean View

Room service was terrible wen it came 2 delivering items to the room. They answered but did not follow through. Only real downside

Food was awesome, entertainment was great, and staff was friendly and polite.

My stay was great and I going to revisit.
    • Double Room with Garden View

I requested a clothes iron at the front desk to assist in preparing my spouse for her departure. I was assured that I would get one by seven in the morning but did not receive any.

Loved the service as well as the room condition,.. the beach was excellent. added to the brilliant smile that greeted us at the front desk,check in and out very easy.

Entertainment staff was great, location and view are awesome
    • Double Room with Ocean View

Service staff (waiters/waitresses/bartenders) were not friendly. The water in our shower kept shutting off every 5 minutes

Entertainment staff was great, location and view are awesome

Cool facilities and beaches at the property, but not nice staff
    • Double Room with Ocean View

The staff need to work in his way of treat people. The girl serving jerk chicken was angry that I went for second time to ask for food and one of the guys at the entertainment staff approach to me and I talk to him as I talk to another people that I know at my trips, but after a couple of minutes talking he start to make unconfortabble comments trying to flirt and I had to make him clear that I'm not into that but I respect it, but that made me prefer to go back to my room and cancel my relaxation time at the beach.

The ocean view and the room balcony is perfect! The facilities are very good and the drink and food options of the all inclusive are good too. The different beaches available at the property are nice because there is a beach with deep water to snorkeling in it and, a beach with watersports options and a quiet beach to relax.

Awesome vacation 🙂
    • Double Room with Ocean View

Floors (under benches for example) by the pool needed a bit more cleaning.

Staff was pleasant, food was delicious, property was beautiful. Had a great time.

It was a quick trip, I flew in to photograph a wedding but overall the trip was wonderful.
    • Double Room with Ocean View

The railings along the walkways could have been fixed instead of held together with caution tape. The hammocks need to be replaced and the beach beds and lounge chairs need to be cleaned. And the whole place could use a few fresh coats of paint, inside and out.

I loved the location and the carribean vibe, and the soft music playing. Rooms were nice and clean and the views were spectacular.

Ok for quick get away nothing special
    • Double Room with Ocean View

Female staff that didn't work front desk were very rude to black women from the states. Men staff trying to sleep with you. Buffet was just ok. Breakfast the only thing good was omelets thank God for those. Ended up eating a lot of hot dogs from snack bar because hamburger was ugh. Drinks were just ok. Shows just ok. Desserts disgusting they should invest in soft serve machine.

The front desk staff was amazing with check in and problem solving. They always had a smile even the women which was refreshing. You didn't have to book Cabanas or hammocks beds on the beach that was pretty cool. Room with Ocean view amazing. The resturant that you can make reservations for dinner was the best food defiantly eat there nightly.

We had a wonderful time and will definitely come back
    • Double Room with Ocean View

Not enough American food or top shelf liquor or beer and the water in the shower kept cutting off

The entertainment was great and the staff was friendly

My housekeeper was very unfriendly.
    • Double Room with Garden View

My housekeeper was very unfriendly.we ask for our room to be cleaned early it didn't happen she would always clean after lunch she didn't want to speak to you i had to make her speak other then that it was good.

Relaxing
    • Double Room with Ocean View

The food was bland and we were shocked that in an all inclusive resort, we never looked forward to meal time. At least there was no weight gain.

The ocean view is spectacular and we loved swimming in it!

Can see why the hotel is so popular with repeat guests!
    • Double Room with Ocean View

The room was in need of an update particularly the bathroom. Our sink had a huge crack but everything still worked. Toiletries were basic and towels small. Ladies bring one for your hair! Wifi is $5 an hour or $20 for 24 hours but frustratingly slow

The food was always good even for a fussy eater like myself. I put this down to the hotel not having to cater to hundreds of people. The entertainment team were great even acknowledging those daily who were not taking part in activities. The pool and beach areas were well furnished and you could not get any closer to the water. The entertainment and evening shows were always varied and including pool and beach foam parties. During the 8 days there the hotel was busy with improvements, painting the public areas, adding new furniture outside the restaurant and installing two new pcs in the lobby for guest use. Despite the small size the hotel never felt busy

Anniversary well spent
    • Double Room with Garden View

At times limited variety of food options,but the grill made up for that,until I was ready to check out couldn't wait until lunch time @ 12 so we went to the grill few minutes after 11 only for a staff to tell me it won't be opening until 11:30

The view was extraordinarily beautiful,property was kept clean,rooms were clean and cosy,bed comfortable and there was always something to do

Good place to relax
    • Double Room with Ocean View

It said check in was at 3pm and we got out room after that. Some of the male staff from the buffet were inappropriate and harassing. The evening shows were good but then the transition from the evening show to the nightclub was non existent. Hence an empty nightclub every night. Bars open at 10am even to get a soda. Paid WiFi was weak

Food was very good. Everyday the lunch and dinner buffet had a Jamaican food section which was very good (grilled chicken very good) The beach was very nice (shared beach for the two Decameron Hotels). Beach chairs always available with cabanas. Evening shows were good very entertaining Location is good just a 5 minute drive from the airport and in the “hip strip “.

We enjoyed our stay & will return.
    • Double Room with Garden View

The lighting in the room was very poor. A few more choices for late night snacks.

The property was dated but very clean. We had a long walk to our room & at times I felt a bit anxious as I was walking by myself. It would be comforting to see a few more security in those areas.

Go to decameron if it's your first time going to a hotel.
    • Double Room with Garden View

I didn't like the parking, had to cross the road to get to the parking. Also the staff weren't that friendly, only friendly ones were in the lobby area and the dining room, just passing a staff on a regular day, wouldn't even get a good morning. Oh and I had to carry me and my wife's bags to our room by ourselves. Bell boy just lounged to the room n directed us, like really ?

I like the view from the room.

Dreadful
    • Double Room with Ocean View

Slow checkin. We were then offered Room 209 this room stank of damp and isn't fit for habilitation. When I went back to reception they looked puzzelled about this when they have a de- humidfiery on and know it's damp. Pillows dreadful so bad used my neck rest instead. Decor dreadful owners must have given up. Food in both places poor. Wine is so dreadful I really don't understand why they can't stock anything decent. Wouldn't stay there again.

The only good thing about this hotel is it's beach front location.

I was disappointed, I would never go back.
    • Double Room with Garden View

The food was too oily it gave us heart burn. The room was dirty and filled with lizard filth The property was dirty had a lot of leaves on the ground. Was disappointed that there was no free WiFi .

I liked the beach,beverages .

Staff at front desk & kitchen were very friendly and...
    • Double Room with Ocean View

Hotel was old, food wasn't good and not always available, cleaning staff was terrible because they never cleaned rooms until checking out, just changed the towels.

Staff at front desk & kitchen were very friendly and accomodating.

Cozy getaway
    • Double Room with Ocean View

The grounds needed repairs, especially the boardwalk. Areas were taped off because of damaged railings. Heaps of sand was swept in on shore which just needed to be swept off.

I liked the rooms on the beach which gave a villa like feel. The food in the main restaurant was excellent but the snack bar food was disappointing.

it was okay.
    • Double Room with Garden View

no free wifi. The food on the other hand was tasteless. I feel resources front desk management was very poor, order room services the manage forgot to inform the kitchen staff, The management role to made sure staff are informed in advance.

the staff was pleasure and helpful. I like the hotel, security was very good always checked us in and out.

The worst all-inclusive hotel I have ever stayed at.
    • Double Room with Garden View

Everything, the facilities and the staff. The staff needs further training in hospitality and the facilities need some serious upgrades.

The staff tried to do their best but the facilities were old, and the staff needs updated training in customer services. I had to first wait 2 hours for my reservations to be sorted out. Had a meeting at 8 am friday morning and the dining area should be open for 7 am, it was closed until 7:30 am. My room had the view of the wall. Went to their disco and there was no music for hours because of technical difficulties. The shower leaked profusely.

Jamaica is not my thing. If all you want to do is sit and sun, then go for it.
    • Double Room with Ocean View

For an all inclusive, their drink choices were poor and of course, very thin. You could drink all day if you wanted to and not even feel a buzz. As long as you continued to tip the bartenders, you might get the drink you were looking for.

The food was OK. Lots of choices and variations for every meal. Great coffee. The short beach is great, the long beach was rocky. Property faces North North West so their usually was adequate shade for those who are not sun worshippers.

We enjoyed our stay in Jamaica - the staff at the Decameron are very concerned about their guests en

nothing for the $

We loved the resort - all staff were friendly and great. The food and drink were plentiful - had a great time and facilities very nice.

Amazing minus the tax fees
    • Double Room with Garden View

Expensive tax ride to the airport when it’s less than 10 min away. Tax ride shouldn’t me be more than $12. Over priced tax was very upsetting

The staff, the food, free activities, view from my room.

Overall my stay was decent, good value for the money spent.
    • Double Room with Garden View

Property seemed in need of a few minor repairs and upkeep. A few of the male staff were a bit too handsy. Food could have been better. I’ve had better dishes from roadside eateries.

The property was well kept. Staff were very professional and personable. Food was okay, it was edible, but not the best. Property was in a prime location to other places, nightclubs, restaurants, etc, and it wasn’t right on the beach.

The worst hotel I’ve stayed
    • Double Room with Garden View

The front desk Got no system, if one person leaves at the end of a shift You will have to redo all you did. WiFi was not free and was very expensive and didn’t reach to my room, place is old they did remodeling but it’s not enough. It’s very over priced for what it offers, actually an embarrassment for “all inclusive” with limited options of food. I even had staff members sitting at my patio changing clothes and making noise I had to tell them to keep it down. Worst place don’t book! A lot of better options in jamaica.

Apart form the service and the friendly staff the Hotel definitely needs to improve its amenities
    • Double Room with Garden View

meats were very salty fruits were not very sweet as expected by Jamaica standards Toughest Lamb Chops, never heard of Scotch Bonnet Pepper in Potato Salad this was a no no as there was no warning to advise guest that this was very spicy The Friday night show had little or no reflection of either Caribbean or Jamaican Culture

Omelette was fantastic Service was excellent Staff tried to satisfy request Speedy Check in

THE BEACHES ARE BEAUTIFUL.
    • Double Room with Ocean View

THE BUFFET LUNCH AND DINNER FOOD WAS NOT SO GREAT.

BREAKFAST WAS THE BEST MEAL OF THE DAY. I WISH I COULD HAVE GOTTEN A RESERVATION BUT IT WAS ALWAYS BOOKED. ENTERTAINMENT WAS GREAT!!

Low-key vibes, but served me well. Come with the right company and you'll have a blast.
    • Double Room with Garden View

Wish the room was better decorated and a fridge included, an upgrade is def needed. Expect more of a motel room, than a hotel room. But the bed was comfy... comfier than the luxury Grand Bahia Principe where I stayed prior.

This was the second "all-inclusive" property I stayed at on this particular trip to JA. This property was on the lower end, but I loved it. From the check in, to stay, to food, to staff, to sunset views, to entertainment, to drinks, to property location, to check out. It was value for money. This is a discount, low-key location, but served me well and the beds were comfy!

Boring for outgoing couples
    • Double Room with Garden View

There was not much to do on the resort. At about 3-4pm there was some drinking games but nothing much. No prizes. Rooms were declared full when I wanted to extend my trip online and upon arrival, IT WAS EMPTY. Never needed to fight for a beach chair. Never any lines. Would recommend for those who want to just lounge and stay in their room.

The rooms were very clean and set up as expected. The staff for the most part were very kind and smiled.

Fun, relaxing, a getaway! Friendly staff.
    • Double Room with Ocean View

Food selection, and labeling of different syrups and foods. Keeping food fresh, and changing when got low.

The front desk. staff, Butler, dinning , and wait staff. The swimming areas, the sea and pools. The people they hire. Very few complaints.

It was okay except for the lousy entertainment crew and the food which needed more variety.

Food and Entertainment

Food could have been better in terms of taste and variety. Entertainment was lousy and needs much to be improved. Entertainment manager/MC was extremely boring.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

The best vacation ever! (To date ;)
    • Double Room with Garden View

The bathroom in the room had a bad odorand was small and would get too wet. But great water pressure and stayed hot, so some good.

Our room view and the bed was the absolute best!The grounds beautiful, all the beach lounge options was great! This is my 3rd time at this property.

Worse stay ever
    • Double Room with Garden View

We are a black Jamaican couple to start with. It was my partners birthday on August 1st so I asked front desk if anything special could be done for him. The receptionist made a reservation for us at the suok/soak (however its spelt) restaurant. When we got there we were told no sleeveless but 80% of the white folks had on sleeveless or as little as spaghetti straps. We were rudely told we had to leave "because a di boss set it suh". Might I add that I paid in full the night we checked in $55640 cash. I will never return to this place or recommend it to anyone. I am highly disappointed. If a rule is set then it should govern all. He could have easily changed into a shirt with sleeves if it was a general rule but it seemed that its only for black people as the white ones where allowed in with little to no clothes. Never again

UNKNOWN /KNOWN FRIENDS FROM WITHIN
    • Double Room with Garden View

Three (3) days a insult to leave so soon your fault for making it so pleasant... Thanks!

well,for starters check in staff Ms Stacy greetings and Bartenders with Cool refreshing drinks was my start of a great Escape getaway. Security,Registry,Bartenders,Housekeeping,Dining,Ms Stacy and grounds keepers creates a environment of its on and a atmosphere of relaxing surrounding would like to thank the entire staff for a wonderful and enjoyable visit ...

The staff was pleasant and helpful.
    • Double Room with Garden View

Having stayed at another Decameron All Inclusive Hotel, I was disappointed with the presentation and the quality of the food at Decameron Montego Bay. The drinking glasses at the bar were only rinsed in cold water before they were reused. We would have prefered if they were washed with soap and water. The information relayed to the guests was ambiguous. For example, we expected to have food available at the snack bar when the dining room was closed before lunch. However this was not true. The snack bar and the dining room were both closed between 12:00 noon and 12:30 pm. Some guests were smoking marijuana during the evening entertainment while children were in the audience.

The staff was pleasant and helpful. The meal at the restaurant where we made reservation was excellent.

The views are great but customer service needs work
    • Double Room with Ocean View

The customer service was terrible. When I checked in it took almost an hour and there weren't a lot of people waiting to check in and on top of that their machine rejected my card and they didn't even have a card ship reader so I had to walk down the road to the ATM to get cash and come back to pay (major inconvenience). Also, the person who checked me in seemed like she was easily distracted and then she said my room number out loud multiple times so the whole world could hear which room I was staying in (this is a safety no-no and I have never experienced that before checking into a hotel). All in all, I didn't feel a warm welcome, slow service and on top of that, they failed to mention what's included with the all inclusive band, for eg. they didn't tell me that you had to pay extra for safety deposit box and wifi. I also found out at a later time from the security guard of all people that they had a free shuttle service that takes you to and from Margaritaville. They also had a newer section the Cornwall Beach section that we were not allowed to go to unless it was the beach (you would never know because it's not sectioned off, you will only see a security guard approach you saying you can't enter. Again these are things I found out gradually ( I was not told at the front desk as would be the custom). There were a few staff members who were courteous but overall I think the staff needs more training.

I loved the beach as there were plenty of lounge chairs and they had these beds by the edge of the diving section which is great for sunbathing. I also loved the jacuzzi and the food was also great! I also enjoyed the pools as well :) The ocean view from my room was magnificent.

I was disappointed there was no Wi-Fi or if you do have Wi-Fi you have to pay for it for a big property like that they..
    • Double Room with Ocean View

No WiFi on if you do you have to pay for it a property of that size they should provide free Wi-Fi for their guests

The food was okay some stuff are not that manageable are able to communicate effectively but

Disgruntled customer who will NEVER re visit Royal Decameron.
    • Double Room with Garden View

I find Royal Decameron staff from start to end to be highly atrocious and management need to look keenly on that. Because after spending so much money to visit one would like to enjoy their trip. You can't have staff making you feel uncomfortable and disturb, and talk to you any how. I mean front desk is your first approach to your hotel and that was a turn off. We try to brush that off to see what else the facility has to offer but we realize that it was a domino effect. Presently the bad out weighs the good so it doesn't even make sense mentioning. I've had friends who have had the same bad experience. It is on that note that I wouldn't revisit any of Royal Decameron facilities neither would I recommend it.

"Excellent Hotel large choice of food something for everyone, beautiful location
    • Double Room with Garden View

I report to reception that bedside lamp in my room did not work they said that they would sort it out but no one did

Excellent food selection lovey spacious room

Good Resort
    • Double Room with Garden View

I didn't like the Al a carte restaurant food temperature. It wasn't hot, having a fresh taste to it. Tasted like the food was just sitting waiting to be served. For a restaurant where you are required to make a reservation for a spot, it can be and feel a little more special.

I enjoyed the beach, buffet and entertainment. The staff was nice!

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Do not stay here
    • Double Room with Garden View

I did not like this stay at all. I checked out within an hour of checking in. The staff were not friendly or welcoming. There was only 1 food option ... Hamburgers I do not eat meat and there were no condiments. The bathroom was dirty, the back door was secured by a latch. The lock on the door knob was missing. I waited almost 5 minutes for the bartender to finish cleaning his area before he took my order and it was horrible.

The 1 front desk person Stacy ann

Awesome fun option in Mobay

It is a little pricey.

Great place for younger travellers. Staff upbeat, friendly and efficient Great entertainment and atmosphere. I've stayed here twice now.

Great place
    • Double Room with Ocean View

Food is really great. We stay there for 3 days, and not even one of those meals are the same. And we love about the environment. One tip: its just only 3 minutes away by car from the airport, so be careful about the price of the transportation!

Nice big comfortable bed and good views from balcony
    • Double Room with Ocean View

Everything was fine although the drinks were average but not unexpectedly as it was an all inclusive moderate priced resort.

Nice big comfortable bed and good views from balcony

Nice beaches, music, food, friendliness of staff and accommodations! Great value.
    • Double Room with Garden View

Loud music. A few minor repairs needed.

This was a great value. Beaches & security & staff were all great! The plentiful music was very good. The food was very healthy and nicely presented and prepared. Included in the package was the option of going every night to a sit down- a la carte meal, graciously served in one of 2 quaint locations with beautiful sunset Sea views instead of the full buffet. The Royal Decameron group actually has 3 groups of accommodations. Security in the 3 section compound is very strong with many guards silently watching the perimeters and beaches and walls completely surrounding the property. The "new" building is many stories high (8 to 12?), has larger rooms, all have nice balconies and there are a few more amenities like FREE WIFI but the rooms are meant to cost $20 to $30 more pp/night. It is on the end of the properties near the shopping area of town. The older set has 2 sections of rooms. One section, on the end next to a loud public beach, was built in the late 1940's and has a Colonial feel. It is a little quieter than the other sections (in spite of street noise from the pubic beach visitors) with slightly larger rooms. The other older section was built in the early 1950's and is the loudest of the 3 groups of rooms because it is at the center of activities. Many loved the Weds. beach party in front of the rooms. We found the music way too loud and moved to the 1940-s section the next day. Although over 60 years old, the 2 "older sections" have been remodeled and maintained regularly. All rooms have great views and nice balconies. A very few do not have Sea views but nice garden views. The 1940's group is only 2 stories high and is on one end of the properties next to the public beach but separated by prison-like 6 foot white brick walls that have broken glass and barbed wire on the top.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Horrible Stay....
    • Double Room with Garden View

The Front Desk Staff was horrible extremely Mean and not willing to help with anything, spoke to a Manager and still nothing was not done. He didn't even apologize for the rude Front desk Associates, Dead rat on the property grass by my room never been remove from the staff for the two days that I was staying there, also they left the dirty Linens from my room on my chair outside my room for 3 hours until I called to remove it. AC not working in the spa room extremely hot during my Spa Treatment when ask about the AC the associate told me it been broken for a couple of days. Horrible Stay the only thing nice about this property is the ocean view, the food was horrible and cold at all times.

The property beaches are beautiful, the rooms facing the ocean was the best thing about the hotel.

The fact that you pay so much to stay at this facility the customer service is absolutely rubbish,
    • Double Room with Garden View

The fact that the price in which was quoted to me I had to pay an extra one hundred USA dollars, and it's not just the decamron the others do this too, so sorry but it's false information.

The facility was nice, location is nice too

It wasn't ALL bad...
    • Double Room with Garden View

When I got into the room I checked the sheets and they were not clean so I called for the linen to be changed. However, they changed the sheets and not the pillowcases. All the alcoholic beverages tasted the same with terrible cheap rum. If I didn't have a bag I would have walked to the airport down the street but instead had they only option to pay $15. They should invest in a hotel shuttle for their customers!

The food was good.

That family members couldn't come up to my room.
    • Double Room with Garden View

That family members couldn't come up to my room.. with out getting Day pass for the property... we just wanted to hang out in the room for them to leave

Not what i expected from a Royal hotel
    • Double Room with Garden View

The staff cloth was not professionally fitted to thrre body, i had to pay $5 per hour for wifi and i had to pay for the safe. Not please with those

Like the food and staff, was very disoppointed to hear i have to pay $5 wifi per hour and had to pay for the safe as well very disoppointed in that too i felt cheated. I will not book this hotel ever again.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Book as last resort
    • Double Room with Garden View

That at check in, most of the females are rude, too much attitude, and give the impression that they don't want to be at work. Too much American cuisine, if the Jamaica they need to have Jamaican cuisines. 80% of the food they served was international food. No local food!!! They had water issues, a blackout, rude customers service at check in. The local people tries to rip off the tourists Over priced taxi Why exchanging currency you have to chat it at the airport because the local places are thieves 👎🏽👎🏽.

It's was great that that had entertainment throughout the day everyday, beach volleyball, employees performing, water sports. The local food that they prepared was great probably about 20% of local items were available.....

Will stay here again.
    • Double Room with Garden View

The room I stayed in the water run out slowly from the drain when I took a shower..that could use a upgrade.

Bed was very comfortable and the view was amazing will definitely go back with my kids.

I will be coming back
    • Double Room with Garden View

Amazing staff, 2 beaches, 1 great tasting restaurant, good tour excursion options available, love the entertainment crew and front desk staff very friendly. I don't understand the other reviews I loved everything about this resort the room was spacious and beautiful.

OMG!!
    • Double Room with Garden View

Shower had some issues...but wasn't too upset by it.

OMG!! What an amazing resort. I had an excellent time. Wish I could've stayed longer. All the water sport items were included with room. Snorkeled everyday, kayaked, and paddle boarded!! Super relaxing time. Big thumbs Up!! I'll be back!! :-))

Special Vacay
    • Double Room with Ocean View

Not generalizing but some of the waiting staff need to be careful of their arguments around guest wether locals or foreigners. They need to understand what they represent when at work. Some were very courteous and kind.

The entertaining staff did an excellent job, they were courteous.

Beautiful Resort
    • Double Room with Garden View

WiFi you have to pay $20 for 24 hours snd it barely works. Extra for the safe too, which is frustrating. Some of thr staff are rude, and flirt a little too much with the guests (including us) usually a queue for reception too.

The location is great..a 3 minute drive from the airport! The resort is very clean and well presented. On arrival our bags were taken upstairs and we were given a welcome drink. The rooms are a good size, and the balcony is large. We had an ocean view room on the third floor, which was stunning. I could look at that view forever. The food is served in 3 different restaurants, the main one being buffet style. Traditional food and non traditional food is served and of good quality. There is a grill restaurant which serves burgers and hot dogs too. 3 bars are available, and one is open until 2am. Cocktails are great! There is a swim up pool bar which is great, and they have pool games and a DJ. You can walk on to the beach from the resort, always sunbeds and double beds available. The entertainment is every night,look out for thr couples night. Very funny! There is a club too, which is quiet but fun. Some of the staff are great. Spa, jacuzzi and gym also on sitr.

Save your money and upgrade
    • Double Room with Garden View

Hotel did not honor a lower price discount received from booking.com. Food stations were not open throughout the day. Telephone in room did not work. Restaurant waiters were poor. Too many restrictions. Staff doesnt to go the extra mile for their customers.

Restaurant food was gd. Bed was comfy.

Disappointing stay ):
    • Double Room with Ocean View

The room was ok, shower screen not adequate to keep floors being soaked so you have to be careful not to fall. The bedding was not ironed Excursion yacht moared outside ground floor room at 8am in morning with music blaring out, and people qeuing outside room and sitting on balcony. Loud music throughout the day and night around the hotel, no quiet or chill out area. Music can be heard into 2am and beyond whilst you try to sleep Buffet meals which should be hot was just about warm or cold and often not cooked properly and lacked seasoning. The heating appliances did not appear to work and some broken and wedged with a saucer or pots sitting in a bowl of hot water in an attempt your keep food warm. Main door difficult to open or close a fight to secure because of swelling in the wood. Generally staff are polite but there are some who lacked professionalism and not attentive to serve you. In the dinning area there were some inappropriate behaviour with waiters dancing and singing between tables constantly. No ambiance for a fine dinning or quiet dinning. Entertainment starts when you sit down to eat which is not for everyone. A more usual chit chat with guest would have been preferred. Security staff were very rude to my visitors visiting me at the hotel. It proofed very difficult for them to get to the reception desk to ask for me as a guest, they were being hassled to hurry and leave the premises. Not acceptable and very unusual behaviour. More prestigious hotels stayed at did not treat visitors in this manner. On several occasions the smell of Cannabiscould be smelt around the hotel. Other guest seen openly smoking it in the presence of staff and despite the disapproving looks of other guests. It's a pity he security were not more active in these areas. Property in general needs updating not patching up as you can see in many areas.

The entertainment and staff working in the team were very good. Beach was nice and jacuzzi outdoors

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Not a great stay
    • Double Room with Garden View

The bed was hard and pillows not comfortable. Food was not good, buffet that should have been hot was often cold. The food was often too salty and vegetables tasted old. Generally not a great choice if you are a vegetarian or have any food intolerance or allergies apart from salad. Decameron Hotel in general is in need of a lot updating not patching up as they do. Doors to room that don't open properly, dated and tired bathroom, with stained baths and torn shower curtains. There was a lack of information in rooms about facilities in the hotel and their timetable for use. When you arrive you are bombarded with information by reception, which is impossible to remember after a long flight. When you later ask for information from reception some staff are abrupt and hang up on you before you complete your sentence. Rooms are kept clean, but sometimes you have to wait until late afternoon before the room is made up. The most disappointing thing is the bedding was a off white colour and never ironed which looks like someone else has used the bedding.

The entertainment and staff was very good, and the facilities available were ok. The beach area speaks for itself, well kept