Reviews of The Wexford Hotel 3 stars

#31 of 36 hotels in Montego Bay

5.5

4.8

Theifing Hotek

Poor ancient out dated service bath room leak coffee reheated no brown bread I starved for 8 days their did not have kettle the heated up which took a hour when you got it was cold the frustrated hostile worker looked like they didn’t want to work there.They also stoke 2days money I told the Manangner because of all the mishaps couldI have my money back they said don’t go to Wexfor Hotel it’s outdated and they steal your money bunch of theirs.

• Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

The location is awesome and breakfast was delicious....

The linen and towels were old. The white towels and bed linen were brown showing old and washed out.. They need to replenish their linen ASAP..

• Deluxe Double Room with Ocean View

WiFi did not work well. Property need some Modernisation.

Location. Access to transport is good and minutes from the airport. Great And accommodating staff. Complimentary drink on arrival in a tropical country, golden idea.

• Deluxe Double Room with Ocean View

The only thing that I can say was bad was the wifi connection was wesk

This was my second time staying at this hotel. I enjoyed my stay this time and the staff was great. It felt good to get called by your name when you saw the staff. I will be coming back for a third stay.

• Deluxe Double Room with Ocean View

Breakfast was good. Uncomfortable bed, worn out sheets, approval for extra pillows, WiFi sucked, and telephone didn’t work

The exterior is beautiful!!! Inside and rooms were very poor

• Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

The bar maid that works in the evening time was not very pleasant. She had a bad attitude amd was rude when explaining the currency.

Very good Breakfast and pleasant front desk staff.

• Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

The room was titles were cracked, old an all the bed linen was supposed to be white but it was dirty looking so was the towels. I was afraid to sleep on the linen. So I slept on top of the covers where I placed my own beach towels. The mattress was a single hard one. The food was over priced and it was not even a good portion.

The friendly staff at the desk

• Deluxe Double Room with Ocean View

Got stuck in lift straight after check in when going to see room. Room wasn't ready @ 1530 to check in had to wait 30 mins. Only day breakfast wasn't cold was on Sunday ( checking out day) it was a buffet so help urself ONCE only🤔. Had pay extra for a fridge in room.

View was best part of hotel. Sea view room.

• Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

The Advertising photos did not reflect the true state of the room which was out dated and needed upgrading. Very basic room with broken down furniture. Very misleading and over priced.

I liked the staff and position of the hotel in relation to getting around.

• Deluxe Double Room with Ocean View

The staff were helpful. And the security guard. They met your request 24 hours. The room and air conditional are nice. Any thing you wish to buy is not far way from the hotel opposite sea sight mbj international airport is 7min away from the airport

The staff are of a good assistance. They are always there to respond to your request 24 hours . security in the premises is perfect.i recommend wexford hotel for any traveller to jamaica

• Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

They have restriction on guest/ visitors. I have family who worked all day and could only visit me late evening to night. They weren't allowed in my room because of sone policy that say no visitor was allowed to the room after six p.m. that upsets me. I think that I woukd not stay again because of that.

The staff were friendly and accommodating. The rooms were clean daily and they were very respectful and responsive.

The hotel is not a 5 star ⭐ so don't expect to been blown all the way .it wasn't worth the money in terms of the surrounding it needs to be refurbished but it's in a far condition. I had to wait three hours for the mini fridge because the room we had was not equipped that was one of my down falls to be honest if you're a simple couple such as myself its not a bother I went there to spend quality time and get some peace and quite. So it was an ok establishment

I like the room, it was junior suite .and it was what I expected room and bathroom was clean, fresh and free WiFi access as promised. The staff very friendly room service when ever I wanted and they checked up now and again to ensure we were ok. It's right on the hip strip so u can get all u need from party wonderful restaurants or just take a walk to the park across the street. The beach in right across so u can take a swim anytime. I believe when your on vacation it's about having fun and enjoying ur self not been locked up in a hotel and finding problems with the building. Not saying u should settle for something not worth ur money. But it's a lovely place to be and a lovely place room get away and relax

• Deluxe Double Room with Ocean View

Room was too noisy to sleep in, no hot water, poor wifi coverage, bland rooms. Very disappointing. Would not recommend or return.

Well placed for getting around.

• Deluxe Double Room with Ocean View

The AC didn't work in the 1st room, the beds were hard in the second room, the phone didn't work in the final room we stayed in, the water pressure goes in and out, you can't flush the toilet or brush your teeth while someone is in the shower because the water will get cold on them. Your only allowed 1 cup of juice at breakfast, the remote for the tv barely worked, the channels were staticky. There were no irons available and the just need to renovate. The location and view from the front room are great but the inside needs work. Good place to stay if you're on a budget, don't plan on being inside a lot and have family in the area.

The view and staff was nice

• Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

the Hotel is self is not well equipped I would close it down to modernize it and the WIFI is horrible especially in the rooms its Horrible

breakfast is good and they have a jerk center in a walking distance which was also good

• Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

The bed was hard , the tv was out dated the headboard was broken , the sheets had holes in them . They first put us in some corner room upstairs behind the building and I was suppose to have a garden view room . When I called the desk the lady told me that I’m suppose to have the room on my reservation and told me she would call me back if she found a room to put me in . I was moved to another room but all that’s above was wrong with it .

• Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

I booked a ocean view and was given a garden view i was not please, and i was promised a room change,but each day i went to the desk and was given the run around each time and they would change it.

I like the location

• Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

Out dated, wifi connection was very bad (had a better connection in deep country), garden view was the back of the hotel looking at a roof and nothing else.

The staff was accomidating

• Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

The wifi did not work In my room No hot water and couldn't get the shower to work

The staff was very friendly and helpful , i have no problem with the staff at all

Noting

Nothing .U need more choice of breakfast America. Room need bevup date it old .room old. Noting matching. Every one used the sam iron.need more up date

Everything except the staff

I was so disappointed with the stay. The sheets on the beds were both dingy, the flakes from the roof were falling out with cracks visible, the floor was visibly dirty with hair all over the floor the pipe I. The bath was constantly dripping and the air conditioning was as loud as the construction being done on the road. The bed queaked going on or off and dare not turn in your sleep. I think I deserve my money back but couldn’t bother with the fight. We checked out long before check out time because my 8 year old was uncomfortable with the room and so disappointed that the pool was so dirty

• Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

The property needs upgrading......pool is dirty and needs to be cleaned.....the hallway to the room looks too shabby. Front desk stuff was okay....I really didn’t like how they would just leave there post to just talk to anyone like that.....maybe I’m being too harsh because of my skill area of being an hospitality major

It was an ok experience........ok is not what is suppose to be aimed but ok.......meal was good. The beds were comfortable, stuff was ok as well.

Our check in process

I was charged more than what was advised on booking.com and it wasn't worth it at all... overall the customer service experience was very poor and that's the main reason why I'm disappointed.. our room was not quite ready at check in so we we're in the lobby waiting when one of the bell boy (I think) came and handed us the key and gave unclear directions to the room and when we ask him once to repeat he replied in a scarcastic way as if he did not want to assist..I felt that we didn't get a great customer service because we were Jamaican.

• Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

The staff. The facility. The old moldy rooms. Credit card machine out of order. Hotel staff attempted to take me to atm at 10pm in the evening. The staff was rude and clueless. I was so upset I wanted to check out the hotel at midnight! The room is old and dated.

• Deluxe Double Room with Ocean View

The photos of the property are not an accurate representation of the overall quality, which is quite a bit lower. Specifically, the rooms and hallways are not well maintained, the bedding is not comfortable, and the doors to the rooms do not provide adequate security. I do not fault the staff, who seem to do what they can with the tools they’ve been given. It is more likely that the owners are taking profits rather than reinvesting in the property.

The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was a good traditional Jamaican meal.

• Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

AC stopped working in the middle of the night. Internet was poor, building needs upgrading. Pool was far and upstairs

Room was clean. I enjoyed the Jamaican breakfast

• Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

The room was very clean and smelled fresh. Bedding could stand a bit of an upgrade.

Very good experience. Staff were very helpful and accommodating especially the front desk staff

• Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

Everything they give you a wrist band that you are forced to wear upon check in and I was going to bed but the lady insisted I put it on for security. Lost a pair of my ray bans at the hotel when I was checking I didn’t get them and all they said was nobody saw them I mean I left them at the front desk because I had them with me when I was checking in. The breakfast was ok nothing special. My room was cold and it needed repairs , didn’t even have a phone I’m the room and the AC was too loud ...

Nothing at all .. I wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone .. Location was the only good thing about this place

• Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

I didn't like the breakfast the calaloo was hard and they need to have different varieties for breakfast but the staff was very good.

I like the view the staff they was very friendly.

• Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

The pillows are hard as rock. It's outdated even for a modest hotel. Lighting in the bedroom was not ideal, with fluorescent light bulbs A lot of noise very early in the morning, starting at 5:30am if you stay in the "garden view" rooms. Noise came from the gym that's behind the hotel, or part of the hotel and the kitchen. You could hear pots and pans banging.

The location was perfect! Close to everything you want to be close to and ideal for excursions and tours. Staff was friendly and the place was always clean.

The room were uncomfortable the wall looks dirty they give me another room with no drapery at the window so my husband and I had to get out of bed by 7:00 am and we just got married it was suppose to be a special time for us . so I was truly disappointed..

The fact that I was on the hip strip , I park my car and walk every where.

• Deluxe Double Room with Ocean View

I knew when I made the booking that the property was not great. The rooms are in need of newer, softer beds and new linens.

Breakfast was good and the location of the hotel is prime as it is close to the Hip Strip. The staff was also friendly.

• Deluxe Double Room with Ocean View

I had called ahead a day earlier to check that our reservations were there and the type of room we would be getting. We also noted that we were arriving very early before check in time so that we could go to the beach. All this was confirmed by a hotel team member who even suggested that when we got there we could do all the paperwork first and go to the beach so when the room became ready we’d just be taken straight up. Imagine our surprise when we got to the hotel and was told that we needed to wait because they weren’t seeing the booking?!! I informed the agent at the front desk about the conversation I previously had with someone the day before and that my booking was done two days prior. We were told to have a seat and wait while someone in the “back” was checking on it. We waited just around 20/25min before it was resolved. This after showing our confirmation number and booking details from Booking.com which they didn’t even request from me in the first place or didn’t seem to need!!! I was so angry!!! And to top it off the agent at the front informed us that the hotel was totally booked!!! Which made me not want to leave and head to the beach until our booking was sorted out for fear that we’d have no accommodations. What’s the point of having a confirmation number to assist you with locating bookings if you don’t even use it!! In the end we were told that the reservation was there but it needed to be uploaded to their system. This made me even more upset as that had nothing to do with our stay!! That was an internal issue that they needed to sort out and not have their guests waiting indefinitely.

The fact that we had brilliant sunshine the entire time saved this trip for me as the check in process almost ruined our experience.

• Deluxe Double Room with Ocean View

Front desk staff were rude, bed was extremely uncomfortable, pool had green slime, noise at night was very loud, TV was barely usable and there was a lot of mold in the bathroom.

View was beautiful. The breakfast buffet was great.

• Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

Place need renovation. Not even the TV was showing clear. I never like the idea of always asking for a clothes iron.

Location was the only thing good about this place.

• Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

Checked in night time they did not no if they had rooms on the system. Took nearly an hour to check in while they checked rooms. Bed clothes were not clean took over an hour to sort that out. The decor was dismal and out dated.

The morning reception lady was nice

• Deluxe Double Room with Ocean View

The swimming pool wasn't clean. Needs alot of attention. When I stayed here the cable service wasn't working for most of our stay which was one night. But I would've liked to be notified that the tv wasn't available because when we got to the hotel it was working. We had to call down to reception to find out what happened with the tv.

The bed was very comfortable, the hotel room was very clean. The location was excellent. Exceptional food.

• Deluxe Double Room with Ocean View

Beds uncomfortable, two towels for 4 people, room not at all as pictured. No secure locks, no key for the safe, toilet leaked when you flushed it , mold growing on ceiling. Noisy street all night, high traffic. Very expensive for what we got in return.

Staff friendly and prompt, nice view from our deck. Walking distance to nice beach. 50.00 for entrance, chairs, for four. Good food at the hotel and beach.

• Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

On check in I discovered the price I reserved the rooms for was only a guide and ended up paying over £100+ more. I was told this was due to the exchange rate. This should have been made clearer and I'm very unhappy about it.

Staff were helpful and kind. They helped me book travel on the coach for our on going journey. The Wexford is in a very central location which was great!

• Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

The staff could have been more warm but the breakfast was great and housekeeping was sweet.

Right across the street from a beautiful park and beach, seconds from margaritaville, street vendors with food at night

• Deluxe Double Room with Ocean View

The facility needs to be freshened up; a fresh coat of paint, furnishings and bath products.

The staff was warm and friendly. The hotel's manager was awesome. He went above and beyond to ensure that our stay was fun. The food and drinks were out of this world. Yummy, yummy.

• Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

Room wasnt clean properly. The phone doesn't work. The radio as no power cord nor speaker attachment yet still its in the room. Very bad experience.

The walking distance to the town.

• Deluxe Double Room with Ocean View

Checking in. The breakfast food was horrible and the coffee was cold. Elevator. Always breaking down no disable amenities. Place needs renovating. Claimed it is a beachfront property. Which is not true.couldn't get around in wheelchair. Not worth the money we spent

The parking and we were able to get back the stuff we left in the rooms after we checked out

• Deluxe Double Room with Ocean View

The service is awful. Staff are really rude, unfriendly. They wouldn't smile at all. The best one was the chef serving the breakfast in the morning. The swimming pool wasn't even full of water and it looked dirty and abandoned, which is a shame cause it could look great on the roof top as it is. On our last day we had to wait 45mins for the free airport service and without any explanations, they wouldn't give us any update, even when I asked them several times until they called another local taxi to take us to the airport. At some point the guy at the desk said to me: just ask my manager. So rude! Breakfast was OK but be ready to get only one small glass of juice.

Location is perfect for beach and local bars and places to eat. It's not in the main town which is more rough. You can walk in this area at night with a mix of locals and also tourists. I felt quite safe even as a girl walking alone. Get a room with sea view so you can see the sunset from your balcony. There's a gym on site for 5 dollars to use.

• Deluxe Double Room with Ocean View

Reception was unfriendly, grumpy, and generally came across as if they were doing us a favour when eventually attending to us. The WiFi connection only worked in the hallway so guest had to constantly run out into the hallways to get connection. Breakfast was a supposed buffet, where you were only allowed to go once and have 1 glass of juice. I’ve never experienced this in my travels. Great that breakfast had the local foods, but this was only it. No other alternative for those who prefer lighter foods early mornings. This hotel seriously is in need of some tlc and a good coat of paint in the rooms and hallways will already create a warmer feeling!

The house keeping oldish lady was super friendly and very polite. She could teach the reception a thing or two about how to treat guest!

• Deluxe Double Room with Ocean View

No WiFi in room Rude cranky woman at check in who insisted no normal rooms left despite 4 left on this website I booked it then it appeared She was trying to sell suites at 190 usd a night!!!! In need of make over Manager promised us a free beer for the hassle then disappear from sight

• Deluxe Double Room with Ocean View

The WiFi needs improvement.

The Wexford is hands down one of the best hotel I have stayed in so far in Jamaica. The breakfast is excellent the staff especially Karla was very accommodating.

• Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

U need put small fridge because sometime i wan drink then i ave to go to downstair collect the water.

The Customs are very friendly, they want understand how to communication with me through write on the paper. Most those i love it

• Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

My original room had to change because I couldn't get wi-fi. They upgraded me to a ocean view room.

The friendliness of the staff. They really went above and beyond to help me. My sea view room was relaxing and I loved the security of the premises. I will stay here again

• Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

The linen on a whole was awful. The towels were too worn, dingy and not very clean. residue from the previous users was obvious. the bed sheets and pillow cases were rough and dingy.

The staff was extremely nice and well mannered.

• Deluxe Double Room with Ocean View

Rooms could do with a bit of updating, as ours was very dated in its presentation.

Despite the basic bedroom, the breakfast was excellent And breakfast staff very professional.

• Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

Staff said shuttle only runs until 5 or 6 pm and wouldn't help to set up a pick up for 6:11 pm.

The location was good, close to beaches, city centre, and tourist area.

• Deluxe Double Room with Ocean View

The inside of the property was very old and UNKEPT also the bedroom, stains on the floors and bedding. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE FROM THE WEXFORD. the outside of the property is inviting until you go inside.

The only thing good about the property was the view of the sea... WAS NOT A GOOD STAY AT ALL.

• Deluxe Double Room with Ocean View

Some of the staff were extremely rude and the room was extremely dirty. So dirty it smelled like pee! The phone didn’t work, each time I needed the front desk I had to use my minutes or go there. Absolutely, ridiculous!

The location.

Room wasnt cleaned by staff during stay even after contacting property manager. Had to ask for new towels while old piled up in bathroom. Staff didnt seem to know prices of items resulting in being charged different amounts, depending on who you spoke with.

Great view, location was excellent

• Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

The property didn't accept our booking.com reservations as confirmation of booking so waited 3 hours to get lower quality rooms than booked. Unable to get hotel to provide free airport shuttle transportation.

Some staff were very nice and breakfast was good! The location of the hotel was good.

• Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

The rooms need upgrading. It's sparsely furnished. The chair inn the room is a conference room chair. Nothing to relax in. There is not even a rug between the beds. U step off the bed onto the cold floor. Had to change rooms because the electrical outlet for the tv wasn't working

The front facade

• Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

Staff weren't customer friendly, rooms were dilapidated, the bed was uncomfortable, there was no cable.

Only one staff member made us feel welcomed.

• Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

The Wi-Fi could be improved in the rooms. It was great in the lobby and restaurant area.

The hotel is in the perfect location for entertainment, like partying, the beach, dining and shopping. The staff were very courteous. The rooms were kept clean, a delicious breakfast is served every morning. Overall I had a great time staying there.

• Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

Very old hotel, needs major renovations in order to meet North American srandards. Furniture is ancient, matresses of the lowest possible quality, elevator dates from pre-WWII, breakfast included in stay was so bad I had to go get something to eat at Burger King next door. Rate is twice the price it is worth. Avoid at all cost.

Pool was OK as well as welcome Rhum Punch and airport shuttle.

• Deluxe Double Room with Ocean View

Everything! The staff is disgustingly rude, there are no room refrigerator or microwave and even when I asked if they could refrigerate something for my 14 month old infant to eat the next day, the front desk girl said that would be impossible because they cannot except things from outside persons and due to cross contamination which if the inspector general would come by they would be fined. This was ridiculous because they mentioned the fact that we could give them any items for refrigeration and just write our names on it. Furthermore, they have a visiting policy which your friends or family can only see you until 6:00 pm; they also must present I.D. and that is kept at the front desk until they depart. Overall, we experienced nothing but rude and disrespectful treatment. Every step of the way we felt like prisoners or hospital patients. Wexford and their ridiculous staff are not ready to serve individuals coming from anywhere other than Jamaica. When they learn what customer service is then they will really succeed. Also, do not expect to use booking.com to say you will have 2 adults and and children stay with you because they are incompetent in understanding that in the US no one has to list the exact names of who will be exactly staying in a room. Thus being said the hotel manager lady came out upon my arrival and said I had to pay for an extra person because we had 3 people staying in a room which only allows 2 adults. Nevertheless, these clowns were told that my sister would be leaving and I would take her place. At first it was okay until I got there- maybe I appeared to be Bank of America and so they saw big $$$ bills. Oh and to top things off we saw a roach on our final day there and we received dirty towels throughout our stay. Disgusting experience ever!!!!!!

Nothing. The location is the only plus.

• Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

bedroom n bathroom....facilities of poor quality e.g. no shower curtain in bathroom, only shower liner, no rug or carpet in bedroom, bedroom linen very thin and worn

• Deluxe Double Room with Ocean View

the little stuff that do need attention, for eg. the curtains were a little wonky. they need to be properly arranged. TV not so great

Pleasant accommodating staff. Good food.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

Service was poor . Sat down at a dirty table and the waitress took my order never cleaned table, continued to eat my breakfast with the last persons dirty cutlery and napkin on table

Poached eggs on toast

• Deluxe Double Room with Ocean View

The property has totally run down. Deplorable rooms, dirty linen, stained towels and wash cloths. Musty smell. Totally horrible.

Only the convenience of the location.

• Deluxe Double Room with Ocean View

very dated, broken items reported but not fixed although they said they was comming to do it. needs modernising

Breakfast was limited, except on a sunday where there was a buffet served service was pleasant but they certainly dont rush, drinks was expensive in the bar swimming was outside the hotel and up a hill therefore didnt use it- inconvenient.

• Deluxe Double Room with Ocean View

They didn't pick us up from the airport what was important cause we were travelling with baby, sheets were not changed, had stains after former clients, aircon didn't work, breakfast were rather poor and sparse,

Instead of picking us up from the airport (what they should have done according to the description) we managed to negotiate a ride to bus station

• Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

No coffee/tea inside the room. After along flight . I had to go to jerky shop/ shop next to the hotel after a nappy to get something to drink and eat.

Members Easygoing. Shop not far

• Deluxe Double Room with Ocean View

The wifi was very spotty.

Wexford Hotel is a very good value for the price. It certainly isn't a luxury accommodation, but it is clean and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

I book at one price when I got there the price was completely different second time this happened. U want to get the same rate I book for but when I get there it is always more not to mention all the fees not worth booking in advance

• Deluxe Double Room with Ocean View

If you stay in a room with ocean view, it can be noisy at bedtime. For this reason I requested a change of room with the garden view.

Cooked breakfast, Large balcony, Spacious room, Friendly staff, Good location

• Deluxe Double Room with Ocean View

The headboard on the bed

It was overall ok, except the bed headboard was a mess, we could not sleep in peace with all the shaking and hitting against the wall...

• Deluxe Double Room with Ocean View

The room needed to be upgraded the bed was not comfortable , the WiFi was not working, breakfast was not enough, the welcome complementary drink was cheap it was serve in a very small disposable cup.

The workers were friendly and nice

The jacuzzi tub did not work. Breakfast was good on Sunday only. Lots of stairs to climb to room no elevator available on our side.

Beautiful view for breakfast. Our suite was private. Close to shopping and fun.

• Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

The rooms need to be updated. The headboard wasn't sturdy and banged against the wall when you moved. The main tap in the bathroom was coming away from the face basin, there were chipped tiles in the bathroom, and the bath was dangerously slippery - no bath mat or textured bath bottom. There was no remote control for the air conditioning unit. My cooked breakfast was cold.

Fantastic location not far from the town at all. The staff were very friendly, ample parking and good facilities including wifi, gym & pool.