Reviews of Amman West Hotel 4 stars

#160 of 194 hotels in Amman

6.1

6.1

5.6

Excellent customer Service, friendsly staff, clean rooms. Need renovation. Breakfast was poor

The Bathroom was not clean and the facility needs renovation for a 4 start. Breakfast was poor and no coffee tray in the rooms even I had a Junior suite. I would rate it 3 stars.

The Room Was clean, the staff was welcoming and friendly.

Everything was perfect!
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The only thing I can think about that they can improve is that they shouldn't smoke inside. Some customers can actually have asthma.

Everything was perfect!! Specially the guy in the reception (Mohannad), he was really kind and really helpful. Loved that he was so professional in all they ways, he made sour that nothing was missing for the customer's!

Perfectly OK for a few nights

The hotel does not look like the pictures on Booking.com. There is almost nothing around or near the hotel, except Brick Lane. No 7-11 or convenience store or market. You will need a taxi to go anywhere. Hard pillows. An in-room coffee machine or water heater would be a nice addition.

Nice staff and very helpful with maps, directions, taxis, etc (credit to Mohamed and Tarek). Was upgraded to renovated room without asking. Brick Lane sportsbar across the street is very good. Pool area is OK for hanging out, but I did not swim because the pool did not seem clean. Nice views of Amman from the high floors.

We had a wonderful short stay in Amman West Hotel!
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

We had a wonderful short stay in Amman West Hotel! Upon our arrival we had a very warm welcome from all the staff and particularly Mr Ahmad at the reception! Our room was very confortable, spacious and clean. The hotel is located in a very quiet neighborhood at 3 min by car from the brand new shopping mall The Boulevard. Would recommand to everyone wanting to visit Amman !

Pictures are not true reflection of the hotel.

It did not look like what the pictures show on website. Run down, my shower tray was cracked. No toiletries provided. For a 4 star hotel this is minimum i would expect. Maintenance work being undertaken after 12am to early hours. Breakfast not a huge choice for what I paid. Swimming pool: there is only one and it looked dark and dirty. Music playing very loud until 3am.

Was clean. Staff are very friendly and try to accommodate.

Very Good.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The water in the bathrooms is not hot enough and still some rooms needs more hotel services especially inside bathrooms. The pool needs to be cleaned more but maybe it was under maintenance - I'm not sure-.

The hotel place is very good and it's close to the old town and the places where foreigners and tourists like when they want to walk. The receptionist "Ahmad" is very gentle and he is very supportive and he make everything he can to let the stay be comfort and easy. He upgraded my room just because he saw that i'm under high stress, he should serve with VIP since he knows how to treat guests.

Efficiency and warm hospitality !
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Our stay in the Hotel was very satisfactory, Because of the services provided and the warm hospitality We have experienced by the people working in. Upon our arrival, we have been received by Mr AHMAD, the person in charge In the Reception , who has provided us with all the necessary info to facilitating our stay and he behaved with high efficiency. Without any doubts, we do highly recommend this Hotel as is locted in one of the best areas of the city, near the Center, with very flexible taxi service – surrounded by nice buildings and just opposite the hotel is located a well known bar – restaurant, very convenient for business or social meetings .

I liked the staff , and the location.
    • Economy Single Room

The rooms are with in average . The breakfast was fair . The most thing annoyed me in the hotel was the voice from the next room , I couldn’t sleep the first night, but then to be fair the staff worked on changing my room .

I liked the staff , and the location. Actually these only .

Comfort and great service .
    • Economy Single Room

I didn’t dislike anything in the hotel , the hotel exceeded my expectations and the value of room/night is very good .

Service is the best , Comfort room and lovely neighborhood .

The staff was really friendly and they were really a great...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The staff was really friendly and they were really a great help especially that it was our first time in Jordan. The location was good, it’s close to downtown and they could also book a taxi for you if you want to tour around the city.

Reliability
    • Economy Single Room

So it seems that the location of the hotel is far away from the city center and you need to walk for about 600 meters to be able to have access to the public free beach. At the reception after checking in I was told that there will be a wedding by night and I should leave the hotel between 7 pm and 12 am.

Great location, spacious but dirty rooms.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

It wasn't so clean. It had hair everywhere in the bathroom,the carpets, the walls and the base under the mattress were dirty. I don't believe that it's worth four stars because of its fancy reception room.

The location and the spacious rooms.

Honest quality price ratio! Will come back.
    • Economy Single Room

I can't figure out now, as far as it exceeded my expectations!

Great value for money, honest quality/price ratio. Seeing the evaluations when I did the booking I was having lower expectations. Staff is friendly, it was walking distance for my business purposes. The breakfast selection is not wide, but in my view can satisfy most expectations. Anyway their hummus is fabulous. Will return!

Good experience. Recommend it
    • Economy Single Room

The food in the restaurant was not diversed. The hotel taxi was quite expensive.

Clean and spacious room. Nice and polite staff, specially the receptionist, Ahmed.

Staff (Ahmad and others) were very helpful in assisting with...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The hotel is a little dated.

Staff (Ahmad and others) were very helpful in assisting with tour arrangements. Whilst the hotel is a little dated, it was clean with excellent bedding. Breakfast was good. We utilised the hotel driver (Emad) for several day tours and he was very helpful.

Disapointing stay at Amman West Hotel
    • Economy Single Room

I can't understand how this hotel has 4 stars, it's really misleading. Many accessories in the bathroom were half broken Breakfast was quite poor

One of the staff came to my room to drop off the coffee.
    • Economy Single Room

One of the staff came to my room to drop off the coffee. I opened the door slightly and asked him to leave the coffee outside, but he insisted in coming in. As I tried to close the door, he put his hand in to come in. This was not a lack of communication, he really want to come into my room as he knew that I am a woman staying alone in the room. My friend who was staying opposite of me later told me that the same guy came into her room and was pretty much hitting on her. This lack of professionalism is mind boggling. I was supposed to stay in this hotel for another 2 nights, but cancelled it right away as I felt harassed.

Tried to extort money out of me via WhatsApp three weeks after I left
    • Economy Single Room

Scam. Three weeks after I had departed this property I was contacted on WhatsApp by a man from Amman West Hotel called Zakaria. He was telling me that I had money outstanding at the hotel. The morning of my departure I checked out of this hotel, handed my credit card over to the receptionist who had no idea what he was doing. He processed my credit card and told me (in front of my taxi driver) that the bill had now been settled. Now they are contacting me three weeks later to try to get more money out of me via WhatsApp. This man tried to tell me that my taxi driver told him that he would return to settle the bill but that is a complete lie as I was present during the entire conversation. And why would my driver (who I don’t know) offer to pay a bill that could’ve been paid there and then with my perfectly fine credit card? Scam! Extremely unprofessional behaviour! I will be following up with the police regarding this.

Okay, could have been better.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

I was only given one small water bottle as complimentary. It only lasted couple of hours. Water is the basic necessity at least should have been provided couple of water bottles. Do you expect people to carry their own water?

It was a nice stay .

nothing important .

1- Beds are comfy 2- Swimming pool was on maintence. 3- They gave us all what we want . 4- They gave us another room with best features , they were so nice. 5- bathrooms are very good and clean. Breakfast was very good It was nice stay.

nice staff

regarding room surface they only arrange the bed and nothing they did for the bathroom the tv channel so bad only one small bottle of water was there

nice staff good breakfast

Room very clean I was in the junior suite.

Poor breakfast

Room very clean I was in the junior suite. Good staff. It is a business hotel is not near the center of Amman you need 5 minutes by car.

My stay in the hotel was the best I really would like to...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

I really wish next time when I booked through booking to have the same rate

My stay in the hotel was the best I really would like to thank all the hotel team especially the reception guys and the the restaurant staff and I give them five star surface...

The payment process was annoying, because they refuse to...
    • Economy Single Room

The payment process was annoying, because they refuse to take the payment by booking.com, and they wanted by cash, and the payment was more than what i was booked based on. they did not comply with the prices on booking.com

Maybe it was a 4stars in 1970...
    • Economy Single Room

Staff not so friendly. Pool not available. Dirty carpet and walls. Broken toilets. Big noise all night from a machine in the room next to mine. Not a good experience.

The room can look lovely (if it is not dirty). Not far from center. Breakfast was good enough.

the location is great easy to access, the staff was also...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

breakfast was horrible,it was a waste of money to book with breakfast just 3 or 4 item and the bread was so hard,the bathroom has no sleepers no toiletries nothing even qibla directions were not given in the room,at least improve the breakfast i recommend to book it without breakfast for every one

the location is great easy to access, the staff was also very good and friendly, the room was good

not satisfied
    • Double or Twin Room

many things, the value and quality doesn't match with the money old building, poor breakfast, lobby, other services

staff trying their best to serve the tenant

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Very nice and friendly reception, who allowed late check-out.
    • Double or Twin Room

Furniture looks a bit old; rooms may need some refurbishments (like electric plugs, most of them could not fit our machines). Breakfast was terrible with no variety (not even a 1-star), we ended up having breakfast outside after the first day. Calculation of room price after taxes and charges (i.e. their compounded effect) should be explained clearly by the hotel and on booking.com's website.

Very nice and friendly reception, who allowed late check-out. Nice location, with nice views of Amman (for some rooms). Good value for money, especially if you spend your day outside. Nice swimming pool though I didn't try it.

The location, we got our room changed as soon as we told...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

It was more a 3 stars than a 5 stars, pool wasn't totally cleaned, and room was just OK

The location, we got our room changed as soon as we told them there were few insects in the toilet, really nice staff

disapointed. Had to check out from 2nd night and move to another hotel

The walls reveal ALL noises from the other rooms and you can hear everything. I was not given my requested room in the beginning and after I expressed my disappointment, I was given a poor junior suite & the next day after I threaten to leave, they gave to me. There's no Kettle in the room just 1 water bottle. The toilet water hose is broken and thrown in the basin... The water of the basin is too weak... The towels color is greyish white... the noise of the daiy weddings around the swimming pool is distrubing (reaches the non-sound proof walls & windows). When I told the front desk that Im checking out tomorrow (cutting my full booking), he did not ask why or ask how he can make me stay longer; didn't even care... I asked for a slipper and did not receive it. The Room service menu is very limited with a very few items for the night. There are low quality hotels versus money paid but not that bad.

Horrible hotel
    • Economy Single Room

Crooks, cheaters the Receptionist Mr. Ahmed when i called to book cab said JD 35 then i said its only JD 30 immediately he agreed. The cab had to wait for me at the airport for 30 minutes and the driver charged only JD 30 which Ahmed didnt knew, but when i went inside he said since the driver was waiting the charge is JD 35. Later i knew if we arrange a taxi from airport it will cost only JD 18. I stayed for 3 nights on the first day 1 half litre water was offered after that when i asked they said it is chargeable. Normally all hotels offer 2 bottles of water per day at free of cost. These people claim they are 4 star hotel. I would compare them with 1 star only. Breakfast is same with little choice of food. I would not recommend and prefer to stay there.

Calm place

Never Again
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Room was very dirty, room didn't have full curtains, too bright, breakfast was not good at all, tv had only 5 channels. There was some movie shoot and was too noisy till 2am, no consideration of tenants needs. I asked to go have my drink at the pool side, one of the staff said it was closed, But when I went it was opened.

Quite atmosphere for relaxed people
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The location is away from the main road which means you have to use transportation to move around or buy any thing you might need. The facilities are not that great specially if you have kids. No Life Guards so watch out for toddlers and kids around the pools

The cost is good for what you get (Clean room) The staff are very friendly and professional. the location is very quite, depends on what is the purpose if your stay. if you are staying to relax and do noting and read books and drink coffee you will like the place. But if you love staying in a hotel to enjoy facilities you will get bored fast. Conclusion: Good place to that is clean and secure while you enjoy staying out in the city discovering new places

Nice,great experience but needs improvement!
    • Economy Single Room

I didn't like the fact that the internet connection (Wi-Fi) keeps disconnecting from time to time and I was expecting the breakfast to be delivered into room door.

I liked their breakfast and the cleanliness of the room.

Just Fine for a night stay....
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Everything seems to be from the past era. The lobby doesnt have airconditioning. Also we need to ask for rooms which have Toilet water sprays (as most rooms in the hotel do not have toilet water sprays).Please make sure that you key in the special requests while making a booking to provide you with the room with the toilet water spray.

Nothing much other than the courtesy shown by Mr. Ahmad (Receptionist)

Rooms not good but reception was nice
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Asked for non smoking room. Didn't get one, tried to say was non smoking but had ash tray eventually said all non smoking was booked. Bathroom was very dirty yet reception was beautiful

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Terrible experience in this hotel..not a 4 star 2 maybe

All of it... this hotel is a cheat.. nothing in picture shows in booking.com are true

This hotel is not 4 star as advertised in Booking.com the property is very old, the refrigerator in the junior suite is kitchen ref. nothing inside... the reception said heater is for orders, no soap no brush nothing at all. I move out early morning because I got scared of the place... very bad

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Good value for the money
    • Economy Single Room

The bed was very comfortable. A very nice and helpful waiter, I didn't get his name but he was amazing in his 40's tall and wear glasses .

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Rubbish hotel
    • Economy Single Room

Rubish room, they did not give me even a key coz the system is not working so they let me in my room by the master key of the front desk. No selection of the breakfast only 2 dishes and bread.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Not the expected quality

The pictures in booking.com do not match the reality of the pool area. The carpets and furniture are old and in a bad shape. Maybe it was four stars some years ago, but not any longer.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Hotel is a not that exciting .
    • Economy Single Room

Hotel is a not that exciting .... looks. It's like an enterprise on the verge of shutting down. The wifi in my room didn't work and inspite of letting them know, no corrective steps were taken. The printers in the business centre don't work. The breakfast was absolutely pathetic. The staff were trying to help us in their limited ways. No toiletries in the restroom. Overall a very poor experience.

i will never go back again to this hotel
    • Economy Single Room

expensive fraud in showing the price and they add 26%tax no tooth brush or thoth paste in the room no tea kettle powerful paint odeur from the renovation high sounds of noise from the constuction poor breakfast

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

2 star hotel
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The matress is sqeeky the air con does not give out enough heat breakfast was 2 star ask for omelet received scrambled egg I rate the hotel a 2 star

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Cheap and Clean
    • Economy Single Room

The heating wasn't working and I spent the first night very cold, and then they moved me to another room in the next day which was a bit of a hassle to pack/unpack again.

The location was central, but a little away from the main road and taxis, i had a car though.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

• Economy Single Room

No proper air condition heating system. Toilet shower not good. Not showering water well. Poor breakfast. I had booked for three nights and checked out after one day. I was not happy with the location either.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

Very nice staff, but wouldn't recommend staying there
    • Economy Single Room

Facility is old. Hotel was in the process of renovating its premises and rooms. So lots of noise.

Staff is super nice. Location is easily accessible and close to main attractions in Amman. Street where hotel is located is quite and nice.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Good ol' Amman West
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Rooms weren't as clean as they could be, showers were a bit weak and the restaurant menu was ridiculously expensive.

Breakfast was good, staff were well spoken and helpful. Taxi drivers always outside. In an affluent area however is a 1jd taxi ride away from city centre and restaurants. Wifi was intermittent but that's the case for the whole country!

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

The ubicación of the hotel is good.
    • Economy Single Room

The service and facilities are not OK. I went to Amman for work and I was the whole week without internet in my room.

The ubicación of the hotel is good.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

The room was very spacious, in fact perhaps too spacious.

The TV was placed near the front door in the entry room about as far from the bedroom as it could be. The location was quite but seemed out of the way. The free breakfast could have used some hot items.

The room was very spacious, in fact perhaps too spacious. The staff seemed pleasant although there was communication difficulty.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

bad hotel
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

dear iam not advice any body to stay in this hotel because you can see nice photo throw websit but when you go there the beds not good and the rooms very small and even the stuff don,t care , no body care . i will never go there again and will never advice any body to go there

there breakfast of them was very bad and this hotel really so bad i booked room with one bed king size and they refuse to give me and they gave me tow bed .i went there with my wife . the room is very small and they gave me the worse room in there hotel when i look out of the window i can see there rubish center if you want can send you photo frankly speaking i cant give him one star

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Just Fair
    • Double or Twin Room

They didnt provide kettle, they said you have to pay for it. No tea no coffee. Further, the location of the hotel is far away from the services that you might need.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Basically I did not like anything except the location.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Where to start from; first staff were not that friendly, hotel is very poor and old, everything was old in the room, plug of electricity would go out if u plug anything, breakfast is ridiculous, edge of toilet shower area is dirty and black, had to cancel my stay after one night and move

Basically I did not like anything except the location.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

The value for money, the staff at reception .
    • Economy Single Room

The lack of laundry service, the noise from the other rooms, the filthy bed and the broken shower. I honestly don't know how this hotel can be rated as a five star hotel , I stayed in unrated hotels that were more pleasant to sleep in . In short, if you're not already stuck with it, nor is it your only possible choice, remain clear.

The value for money, the staff at reception .

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

really bad ....
    • Double or Twin Room

the building is really old WIFI wasn't available for the whole day,and every time I call the reception they say that internet will be available in 10-15 minutes, but guess what ....I didn't have any internet access ..... there was a wedding till after the midnight , so we didnt have a quite night .... I couldn't find a parking because of this wedding !!!!!! the pool was't available .... I will never ever go back there again

breakfast was fine

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

Location and value
    • Economy Single Room

The gym is not really functional. Staff are generally ok but not that attentive to guest's needs e.g. I requested an adaptor and never heard back.

Location and value

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

It was very comfortable stay and if i happen go 2 Amman Iam sure I will stay again in the same hotel
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

breakfast was nice but need some changes in dishes between time to time because everyday the same no changes.

I like everything staff, cleaning of hotel, location, value of money, facilities and service all were excellent.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Jordan, an amazing country to visit
    • Economy Single Room

- poor wifi (often didn't come to my room) - facilities were bad (fitness not working, no towels for swimming pool, etc...) - old building (therefore, old equipment)

- Friendly and hospitable staff - nice swimming pool

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

4 stars maybe too high of a rating

Lazy service, security was point less. I would not rate this hotel anything close to 4 stars. Only 4-5 irons in the entire hotel

The hotel location is good.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Great place to stay in Amman
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

WiFi was not working well in the rooms but the one in the lobby was working well.

The room was in the renovated non-smoking section. The bed was like a cloud. The staff was very courteous, friendly, and accommodating. The swimming area was very clean and the pool a delight. Breakfast was very good. Overall it was a very pleasant stay.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

The room was very dirty and old.
    • Economy Single Room

Dirty and old hotel. The fee for the taxi was three times more expensive than what other taxi drivers ask.

The room was very dirty and old. The breakfast extremely poor both in terms of quantity and quality. I was overcharged for the taxi service. I would not recommend this hotel to my worse enemy!

Wi FI is very bad.

Hotel

Price

Finishing

Price

Great value for money with the booking.
    • Double or Twin Room

Great value for money with the booking.com deal

A Great one !

Good breakfast A clean room The staff very kind A good location

Staff very helpful and welcoming
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Rennovation Noise since 7 AM....

Staff very helpful and welcoming

i stayed for one night

good , clean and comfort

Cleannes is less than standard

Cleannes is less than standard

The toilet was leeking , there seemed to be alot of insects...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The toilet was leeking , there seemed to be alot of insects coming from toilet

The staff was nice