Reviews of Century Park Hotel 4 stars

Tunis Street 10 Between The 4th And 5Th Circle, 11183 Amman, Jordan

#91 of 194 hotels in Amman

We reserved in this hotel with a total value of 152 JD . When we checked in they told us to pay 194 JD , additional taxes. Then the mattress was bad the same as the bellows. The air condition was really really a disaster. U dont have any supermarket nearby.

• Deluxe Double Room

I asked for the room service to clean the room but they just change the towels, took all the shower gel and shampoo, they didn't mob the ground and they iron the dirty bed sheet without changing them!!! and in case you asked for an early check out even for a night you paid already they gonna ask you to pay again!!! stupid.

• Deluxe Double Room

Hotel was a bit tired. Pool was closed for refurb; we booked specifically to have a pool. Nothing on the website to say pool closed. Grrrr! Looked at 3 rooms before accepting the last room. Breakfast was miserable and staff at breakfast equally so. Not worth the room rate, especially without a pool.

Location was central. Parking on site.

• Deluxe Double Room

We asked for a double bed and we ended up with a choice between two single beds and a double bed in a room with an atrocious smell of cold tobacco.

Available staff and confortable bed

• Single Deluxe Room

* Staff are not friendly enough to be in the hospitality only the porter smiles * Equipment old , mattress not comfortable , the Bath tub can not be stopped because water closer not there. Complaints not entertained before i went to sleep the 1st night complained about the bed and everyday was complaining but nobody bothered to discuss

They have good internet

• Deluxe Junior Suite

I visited this place many times and it was excellent but this time they provided me a room having stinky smell in the bathroom . Horrible

Staff is ok. Breakfast good.

• Deluxe Double Room

The bathroom could have been a little bit better, specifically the bidet, mine was a little damaged. Adding a hair dryer would have been nice!

I loved the staff, they were friendly and had excellent English skills. There’s security when you come in, making you feel secure and cared for. Went above and beyond.

• Deluxe Double Room

Going through metal detectors every time I’m entering the hotel, put the bags through the machine, & when I was out late, I arrived & the hotel gate was closed, had to wake up the security guard to open the gate, so that was very tiring.

The staff were helpful, the hotel was very clean.

• Deluxe Double Room

The hotel is on its way down! My bathroom had a terrible sewage smell! Once complained they did something the second fay though. There is no gym. For a so-called four star hotel tjis is unacceptable. The hotel is middle of nowhere.

Large hotel with an outdoor pool.

• Single Deluxe Room

I received the room late at night , I had an exam the next morning from 8-4 , asked for a late checkout but they didn’t accept and they made me go thru the checkout early morning while I was so tensed about the exam . The other disaster was the bathroom , when i received the room i slept directly , woke up to find the bathroom floor filled with water leaking from the toilet itself .

The location was perfect .

• Single Deluxe Room

The breakfast is just OK; it would benefit from cereal and fresh croissant or good local bread.

I greatly appreciated all the help from Reception staff including, in particular, Mr. Waseem who was patient and professional in mobilizing taxis notwithstanding various difficulties.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Single Deluxe Room

I think it's an old hotel and they trying to maintain maximum what they can. We cannot consider this hotel as 4star. Breakfast choices is very less.

Having space for meetings and company programs.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Single Deluxe Room

Google map shows the back entrance to the hotel. The hotel should rectify this as the taxis cannot find the hotel using google map or GPS.

Breakfast is good and the staff are friendly. The hotel is located in a quiet neighborhood.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

The room was freezing and despite the efforts of the reception staff it only got fixed on the last night. The pool was closed for winter (1st week of April) but that was NOT mentioned in the hotel description. The ONLY reason I booked this particular hotel was because of the pool. Apart from the breakfast, the restaurant food was mediocre. We did not visit Amman centre but the hotel was in a good location to access the sights around Amman such as Madaba, Jerash, the Dead Sea and the Hot Springs. If I was to visit Jordan again, I would stay in Madaba, the town has a great atmosphere.

Overall the place was OK but pricey

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

The rooms are very comfortable. The staff is very polite and helpful. The cleaning is perfect. The breakfast was very delicious and variable. The room service was always on time. The food was yummy! Everything was perfect. I would definitely recommend it!

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• Single Deluxe Room

bathroom facilities were not good, no pressure in the taps and flush, no fresh fruits in the breakfast, above all the location of property was really horrible and no shops, restaurant, etc are around as its purely residential area....bad expereiecne related to the location.

pleasent and helpfull staff, TV channels, lobby, wifi, telephone in the room, Garden, security.

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

• Deluxe Junior Suite

The restaurant is not really worthy and very few restaurant are located around : there is here a real need for improvement...!

The location is perfect when you need a good night sleep as the Hotel is situated in a very calm and green area. This is also very convenient to reach any part of Amman quite quickly. The rooms are very spacious and well furbished. The staff was always very helpful to us especially the young guys at the desk

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

• Single Deluxe Room

Maybe it needs little more maintenance on the infrastructure side and equipment.

I liked about Century Park Hotel the location, security, the free zone, the professionalism of the receptionists and the staff, the value of money and flexibility. I will recommend it to all my friends if they visit Jordan, Amman. It was an amazing experience, indeed.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Amazing service and great value for money. They maybe a 4* but they have 5* service. Fantastic stay and very attentive to customer needs. Superb staff especially Mohammed. Thank you.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The hotel is 20 minutes by taxi from the centre of Amman and taxi drivers from the centre generally could not find it. Due to low season the bar was not open and there was no drinks menu. The restaurant menu was quite limited.

The porters were particularly helpful. The decor in the rooms was great, they were spacious, well equipped and very clean. The pool was also very clean with comfortable sunbeds, towels and umbrellas. There was a good choice at breakfast.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

There were weddings both nights when we stayed, the weddings took place by the pool, outside our window, we were unable to sleep until the weddings finished at 12.00

This hotel was nice, we would have enjoyed staying there, however

• Deluxe Double Room

I would have them change the carpets in the rooms, as that was my only concern, and clean the stone floors next to the pool as they ruin the general feel and look of a pretty pool setting.

Staff was really nice. Over all it was a good stay. I would definitely come back again.

• Deluxe Double Room

It took us an hour to find this hotel even with an experienced local driver from Amman and know he didn't charge extra for the time. On top of that, they put us in a room facing a wedding. we tried to call the front desk to relocate us but no one answered. when we told the manager upon checkout, he said he couldnt do anything. i would never recommend this place to anyone. we paid a full night just to rest here for a few hours before our flight, otherwise we would have just stayed at the Intercontinental like we did before. not worth it.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Choose non-smoking room only (unless you smoke ofcourse); there was a significant difference between the smoking and non-smoking rooms feeling of wear and tear, clealiness, etc. I shifted to non-smoking room and was very happy. Just a quick word of advise as well: the neighborhood is quiet but the hotel does host weddings fairly frequently. This involves music, etc. which can be loud until 11 p.m. (cut off time). Assembly of venue early hours can be loud as well. I had ear plugs and was just fine. So, perhaps bring a pair.

Location was excellent. Staff were some of the friendliest, most willing to help, responsive, etc. that I have ever experienced. Absolutely superb. Room service was tasty. I will likely stay at the hotel again if my travels take me to Amman.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Single Deluxe Room

Facility is very old Staff nice but some are as old as the hotel Its clean but you have this feeling that its not 100% You will be xrayed everytime you enter Lobby depressing You might call front desk and get no answer Breakfast is the worst Mattress not comfortable at all

Basically the location is less than 15 from all my meetings, I had a nice green terrace in front of my room The wifi is great

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

No comments

It was the place where me and my wife met 10 years ago, so we always celebrate our anniversary in it and it always serves that romantic cozy atmosphere for us to fall in love all over again. It's that place where anything could possibly happen. It's located right in the middle of the capital so nothing is too far away, aside from the fact that is near the duty free area. All the best places in Amman are a few minutes away and transportation is easy to catch considering its location. The price is not even that expensive compared to what it has to offer. It is totally worth it!

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Deluxe Junior Suite

Three things that need an urgent upgrade on the level that we stayed in: The woodwork (the sills and some of the doors), the carpets, and the hallway. They are not bad, but needs to be upgrade.

General: Our stay at the Century Park Hotel has made our vacation in Jordan more memorable than we had expected. From the moment we arrived, till the moment we left, we enjoyed every bit of our stay. The suite we took was very spacious and accommodated me, my husband and 2 kids. Our backyard was the pool, so it was very convenient for us to go swimming at any time. The room was very comfortable and the beds were spacious. Staff: The staff were of great help, and were very friendly, especially with the kids. We had rented a car, and the road instructions they gave us were better than a map. They had provided us with anything and everything that we asked for and more. Food: Breakfast was always fresh and tasty. It was the traditional Middle Eastern items with a bit of western delights. We didn't try the restaurants as we were always going out for lunch and dinner. Internet: We had a problem when we first arrived as we didn't have a good signal. The IT staff were extremely helpful and went the extra mile to fix the problem. TV: Could have been better, but kept my kids entertained when we stayed in.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

The pool was rented out for a barbecue party. When you advertise your pool you need to make it available to the guests, otherwise don't adverise it. Breakfast could have been better and the rooms need some new paint (smudges everywhere)

Staff was really nice. Rooms were spacious. The beds were very comfortable. The internet fairly good for Jordanian standards.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Facility is old, they said it is renovated but still looks old. Air conditioning makes noises at night. Room was very noisy and each night they have a marriage ceremony in the graden with loud music. money value is overrated.

extremely nice and helpful staff. rooms are big and spacious. breakfast is nice. cleanliness is good. there is the duty free shop right outside the hotel where you can buy what you need without taxes.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Our stay at Century Park Hotel can only be described with one word: excellent! The room was wonderful but the absolute best part was the service. The reception manager made sure we had everything we needed at all times and the other staff at the hotel was more then helpful at any hour of the day. When we checked out we even got a discount of the price, just because they were nice. We didn't experienced such good service at any other hotel in Jordan. The pool area was good, nice and quiet since the hotel is located aproximately 150m from the mainroad which makes it a quiet neighbourhood. Unlike other hotels we have stayed at in Jordan, here the staff behaved professional when we were at the pool in bikinies (remember, it's a conservative muslim country). The only "negative" thing is the location. The hotel is between the fifth and the fourth sircle so there aren't many restaurants or shops nearby. It's not really a problem since it only takes 5-10 min. by taxi to get to downtown Amman. All in all it was a very nice stay with the most welcoming staff we met in our vacation in Jordan. We recomend the hotel 100%.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

TV service is poor and expert maintenance and operational staff do not exist on board. Few times I asked for beer, I was surprised that the hotel didn't have beer ( they said its finished). Every morning the breakfast was the same.

Friendly attitude of staff Enough parking area.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Standard Room - Ramadan Offer

Most of the stuff are rude and some of them make u feel that you own them or something. Only the two assumptions were very classy and the kitchen executive chef mr Walter else are damn bad

Rooms were clean and the garden view is great and good quality

• Deluxe Junior Suite

Food is basic, hotel location, no gym, no swimming pool

Nice stuff

NA

Excellent Service received from management and staff and helped organize all our transfers.

Corridor is smelling.

Location, staff and environment.

All

• Deluxe Double Room

Nice hotel, helpful staff and nice restaurant

Menu range could be expanded.

Hotel has lovely green area where the ground floor rooms open up to.

Like the over all experience

We got smoking room that we did not ask for , car arrangement back to the airport was messy.

The staff were friendly

The service at the breakfast hall

Good breakfast, Very friendly team

• Deluxe Double Room

Slow response of staff specially room service

Calm Atmosphere , Sufficient A/C and nice swimming pool

• Single Deluxe Room

Stuff was not active with me and use and was very rude

Was clean

• Deluxe Double Room

Maybe there is a wedding in the weekends so you can't use the pool.

Nice hotel with really good service.

Nothing..

Excellent hotel brilliant service great location bery good value for money.. thanks..

• Single Deluxe Room

The bed is very comfortable and the room service was very good.

• Deluxe Double Room

Excellent hotel with excellent staff

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Hotel could have been more clean, and better ventilated.

The beds were comfortable, and the hotel ambience was good.

Very comfortable room for the price

staff

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Wifi and breakfast

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

• Deluxe Junior Suite

The room was cold, the thermostat did not work.

Room as advertised, located in quiet district

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

everything from Staff to comfort made me feel like I was at home.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The staff is very friendly

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Cleaning need more attention

Staff very friendly

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast included but was very poor.. General untidiness cleanliness

Manners of staff at reception

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Real good staff.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

price

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Smoking smell everywhere in the hotel

Location and staff

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Swimming pool

Staff

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Very weak and slow internet in the room.

Clean room, comfortable bed

I had to change the room 2 times to find clean and suitable one

The staff is nice

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

Everything , disappointeneed

Location was not bad that's ittttttt

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

• Standard Room - Ramadan Offer

Breakfast quality was really poor

Extremely clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

staff service

Rooms space

• Reviewed: 27 May 2016

Would love it if the pool was an actual thing, but not so necessary. It exists but doesnt seem to be cleaned often.

The breakfast is vast and the rooms are beautiful. The staff is so helpful for everything you need from room service to taxis and what to do in Amman! Have helped us get the cheapest rides to the Allenby Bridge and our Dead Sea resort! Stayed there twice and will always stay here if we are ever in Amman! Best price for amazing 5 star service!

• Reviewed: 20 May 2016

Furnture is a little bit old , and internet is slow when you want to download anything and cover only the first quarter of room. You must ask them twice in technical problems but they are so friendly specially Mr. Mohamed in resption who is from Aswan, Egypt.

View , garden , room is so big , price is good and clean , and staff.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

Stains on the carpet Curtains with stains and in general bad shape On the decoration pillows there were stains. Loud noise during night

We got a room on the ground level with the access to the garden. It was really nice. Very quiet neighbourhood. Very close to main street of Amman.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2016

No information on the timing of the beach was provided either by booking.com or the hotel despite this being the main attraction of stay.

Proximity to the beach

• Reviewed: 3 April 2016

I was disappointed with service during breakfast, even though many "no smoking" signs are all over the area, but every one was smoking with no regards from management, the staff were very loud and they did not care about the customers. The coffee was cold. I would not recommend the hotel to others.

The food was decent.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2016

No parking space, the breakfast wasn't good, there should've been a complementary water and coffee in the room as one of the staff told me but there wasn't any of that in the room. I had to order water from the hotel and get charged for it.

Location is ok even it's hard to find. The parking is safe but not enough space. The staff were nice except some on the reception.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2016

It was a bad experience with such hotel. Staff not professional. Location of the hotel very bad as it is inside a group of companies that affect the availability of the parking. Rooms are very old. Air conditions are bad. Glasses and materials was very very Dirty. The hotel only two Flores. It is a hotel for students that studying hotel work in the college.

There are also 51 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.