Reviews of Cleopetra Hotel

Main Street, 71810 Wadi Musa, Jordan

#6 of 34 hotels in Wadi Musa

The staff were so kind and very welcoming. Mustafa, the owners son was so helpful - went out of his way to help me organise things for my onward trip for free. It is 20 min downhill walk to Petra and cheap taxi back.

Bad maintenance, rooms look old and dated, walls miss painting. I wasn't expecting for a great place but there are better hotels and guesthouses to stay in Wadi Musa. The Cleopetra is also far from the visitors center.

• Double or Twin Room

We thought the room was not very clean, there was quite a lot of dust. The rooms were not made from one day to another. That is not really a problem (we stayed two nights), but we would advise at least to clean the rubbish bin.

Abdalrahman the hotel manager is really friendly and helpful. He speaks good French and wants us to feel like home. To visit Petra you can order a pick-nick the day before for just few JD, that was very useful for us. The room is comfortable, the sheets have good quality. The hotel is close to restaurants. We recommend the place!

No free wireless offered

Friendly, very helpful personnel. Good but simple buffet style breakfast with local food. Many services (like trip planning, transfer, etc.) offered. Clean rooms. Restaurants & shopping in easy walking distance.

The listing states that onsite parking is available, but it is only street parking. Finding a place to park was usually not a problem for us, however, space can be limited if the hotel is full/during peak seasons.

This hotel is one of the more affordable options in the region. As other guests have mentioned, it is a budget hotel so the rooms and amenities are simple, but it is definitely sufficient for your stay. Rooms are equipped with AC and clean; there is basic breakfast in the morning. There is a supermarket literally right next door that's opened till 10pm. For 3JD, you can purchase a packed lunch in the morning consisting of bread, jam, cheese, cucumber, tomato, bottled water, biscuit, and apple to take with you to Petra. What we enjoyed the most during our stay was the staff-- they were beyond exceptional and we were impressed by their professionalism, friendliness and willingness to help. We got a flat tire during our trip, and the hotel receptionist helped us with directions and even offered to go with us to the nearby auto dealership to help us translate and get the services we needed to fix our car. We wouldn't know what we would have done without the help. Thank you so much!

Breakfast is a bit poor in quality and choice

The reception was very helpful and friendly to help planning our walks across Petra. You can have breakfast as from 6.00 if you want to beat the crowds. Close to restaurants and supermarkets.

Everything was great. This is clearly a budget option so you have to adjust your standards accordingly. However, the warmth and generosity of the staff make this place a real gem.

Everything. The staff couldn't do enough to help and we're so warm and friendly. Wi-Fi was the best we've had in Jordan. Our room was big and super clean, the towels fluffy. The shower needed a certain touch to get it right but was perfectly decent. There are supermarkets and restaurants nearby but the hotel also offers a very good value dinner. Breakfast is basic, as in most budget hotels but perfectly nice. Tea was delicious.

We had to switch on and off the air con a couple of times as in spite of the temperature setting the room would get too cold. No lift and we had our rooms at the top floor which can be really tiring after a long day of hiking through Petra!

Breakfast was simple but more than satisfactory. WiFi strength was quite good. Very friendly staff. They offered to drive to the main gate of Petra without any extra charge and also arranged for a private cab to Wadi Rum at almost the same price as the public bus. Location is really good. ATM/eateries/retail store/pharmacy - everything is nearby.

The bathroom facilities are below average: old sink and bath, torn and mouldy shower curtain.

The afternoon staff is very friendly and can speak French and English. Well situated, not far from restaurants.

• Double or Twin Room

If I need to come up with something than: There was no curtain in the shower so the whole bathroom is wet when you are finished.

If you are looking for a nice budget option this is the place to be. The staff is really friendly. They had some good ideas of how to spent our time in Petra. Some evenings they organize diner (local food) for 6JD which is really good. The rooms are small but there was enough room for our stuff. Breakfast in the morning starts early so you can go in time to Petra. They also provide a lunch box if you want one.

Room was quite old and lacking some love for detail. Very loud street right in front of of the room.

The staff was great, provided us with all necessary information and helped us wherever they could. They offer a lunch package for Petra which is really good value for your money. The same is true for the dinner. Really enjoyed our stay.

This was a wonderful place to stay for the one night we were at Petra. We could park our car right in front, the staff was friendly and helpful with all of our questions and the wifi worked great. Our rooms were not fancy but they were clean and relatively quite considering they are on the main street. I liked not being right next to Petra. The breakfast was typical for the area and plentiful. It was also nice to be greeted with tea when we arrived.

Very good plate to see Petra. The personal are very friendly. If you travel from Eilat do not hesitate in contact them to have a taxi from the border.

I can’t really fault this place, perhaps a new shower curtain would be good but other than that it was good room.

Cleopatra hotel has great location, close to the town centre, good value for money. The of the best that acceded my expectations was lovely Abdalrahman - manager of the property. I was welcomed by nice cup of the,friendly face that you will never forget, very informative about Petra, local restaurants and where to go for the best sunset view ;) Cleopatra hotel also offers free ride to Petra (5 min away) which was really handy. Abdalrahman was kind enough to call and reserved a seat for me on the Jet bus back to Amman. Super sweet people :)

Not applicable

The hotel is very near from the local bus station. It is a non-smoking building, very clean with very good beds. In the morning we had a delicious breakfast at the hotel. A great surprise was the lunch boxes, prepared by the hotel cooker for the guests who visit Petra. The manager helped us a lot with transportation from Wadi Musa to Amman.

• Double or Twin Room

Helpfulness and friendliness of the staff - all a pleasure to deal with. Abdalrahman arranged a journey for us on the day we left - taxi to Wadi Rum, 3 hr jeep tour, taxi Wadi Rum to Madaba for an excellent -price. Journey went like clockwork. Delicious family style meal available some evenings.

• Double or Twin Room

The drive there! We took the mountain road which was Petra-fying! My advice would be to stay on one of the main highways for as long as possible.

The staff were friendly and very helpful. The hotel is close to shops and restaurants and only a short distance from Petra.

We really enjoyed our staying at Cleopatra Hotel. The hotel is cozy and clean and the staff is very friendly - helping us giving info and a copy of the map to reach the Dead Sea. The room with mountain view is very nice. The breakfast is delicious - we particularly liked the Arabic bread toasted They also organize transportation to Petra and lunch boxes. Just note that there is no elevator very high value for money - Highly recommended

Be aware the rooms are small. We had a three bed room and if we had been three persons and not two I don't know where we would have put anything. Also the stairs are awkward and there is no lift.

value for money

It is a friendly place where to stay in Wadi Musa and easily visit Petra. The hotel is a budget one, so we did nit expect any special facility...but it has an enormous plus: its staff! Abdalrahman helped us incredibly, supporting us a lot to make the best out of our stay, in particular finding for us a ride back to Amman. Great choice for visiting Petra!

I’m sorry to say this, but the building is horrible, I got the worst room, which should’t be used, as per my opinion. The mirror and closet are broken! Of course, no A/C. With the open window it was cold :( I heard the toilet noise half of the night No transfer from Petra - if it’s not allowed, it should be mentioned in the description of the hotel

Abdalrahman at reception is the best at this hotel - always did extra while helping! Organizes transfers, dinners 👍🏻 Transfer to Petra

The hotel is centrally located with a view over the city. The beds are comfy and the breakfast was good. I think they may have been perfecting their new water heating system while we were there, because when we showered (about 6am) it was cold. We mentioned it to the reception, and they turned some knobs that meant that our next showers were hot. Reception was really great - they gave us useful info about Petra and were on hand to answer questions. We had laundry done as well while there at a really good price, and never had any trouble parking our rental car just out front.

The wifi is not free. There's no tv in the room (not that I watch tv, but I like to leave it on as background noise).

The included breakfast was nice. The AC can be used to warm up the room.

Very very kind host and team. Very special and attentive attitude to us. All was just perfect. Don't worry that it's 20 min walk from the Petra Visitors Center, cause you have a stuning view on Petra mountains from the hotel's room.

My shower did not have hot water and that it was extremely irritating as I hate cold showers. Also, there are guys that are always smoking out in front of the building and the smoke goes into the room or at least it went into my room and I hate the smell of smoke. Besides that I was very comfortable here.

The room was small, but big enough and comfortable!!! The staff were the best!! I actually also stayed at the really expensive guest house near Petra entrance and I preferred my time at Cleopatra !!!!! The breakfast is great and the teething ring you as a welcome drink or anytime you come in is the best I’ve had in Jordan. I would definitely go back here. The location is nice.

Furniture remembers already some number of visitors :)

We got a major support from hotel stuff - drive from border to Wadi Musa, organizing tickets and trips for very good price

• Double or Twin Room

It wasa bit cold at night (to be expected in January) and the heating especially in the common areas (less in the rooms) was not quite up to the task. (Probably a feature of Jordanian architecture). But no problem at all if you bring good clothes.

We had a great time at Cleopetra. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, honest and went out of their way to make our time in Petra a wonderful experience.

Hotel actually looks quite old. My friends stayed in a hotel next to this one (Peace way), and it looked newer, and they paid even less then me. For Wi-fi I paid extra 2JD. But in the evening it was quite slow. At breakfast I found a lunch-box on the table (with a bottle of water, banana, bread, apple and tomato). I thought that it is so cute, that this hotel cares about me. But at the end of my stay I realised that this pack was not for free, it costed quite a lot - 3JD.

Hotel was as I expected. I had small but separate room. Hotel host was friendly and helpful. Also it was very nice, that transport to Petra was included.

The receptionist and all the personal of this hotel was amazingly helpful - they called even the bus driver to pick me up the next morning as well as offered me a ride to Petra (as one of them was going there), last day I needed to withdraw money from ATM and as 2 nearest ones did not work for me, the owner was so kind and gave a ride there, waited and took me back just in time for the bus.

It was very cold throughout the hotel, no central heating, only in the room (it was fine)

Staff - Abdalrahman is a true ambassador to Petra, useful tips, explanations, booked me a bus back to Amman, location - ok, quite a long way up from Petra Entrance, hotel arranges a shuttle to the entrance in the morning, room quite spacious (double room), single - really small, well working A/C used as heating, good breakfast as well.

We didn’t have the occasion to try the dinner because it was not served the 3 nights we stayed. The juice at the breakfast could be replaced by something more fresh because it was awful and the coffee is not really good.

Nice budget hotel, the guys from the reception was really nice but his advices could be more opinionated... because there are a lot of tourists restaurants in Wadi Rum that doesn’t offer a good quality/price ratio. We didn’t try the lunch box but he gave us a list of places to by vegetables, bread... The breakfast was okay for the price but don’t expect something incredible. To sum up great place for the money spent, the rooms are a bit small but okay and clean.

The wifi can be unstable

The hotel is in Wadi Musa, close to the center where you can find restaurants and shops. You'll need a car to go to the Petra site but the hotel provides a free transfer (not tested). There is WIFI in the hotel and in the room (but sometimes, unstable).

The breakfast was a bit poor.

The hotel is very neat and clean and the staff very helpful. They helped us in booking a taxi going to Petra and going to the border the day afterwards.

You have to throw toilet paper in the bin, but they don't clean the room even if you stay for 2 nights. Our shower would flood the bathroom too, and the water stayed for 2 days too... My note would have been way better if cleaning was everyday!

Staff was helpful and booked the Wadi Rum for us with the best guide! Room was comfy. Wifi was usually good. Hotel is a bit far from the Petra Visitor Center, but they offer transport to go there, and you can get back with a taxi for 2 JOD (if you negociate properly...). Good restaurants not too far.

Furniture is not new, but for this price it was not a problem.

The stuff was the most friendly I've ever met, they were always ready to help and to provide any information. Breakfast was simple, but sufficient. Free transportation in the morning to Petra, but we were just walking (it's 15 mins walk and weather was not so hot in the end of October).

It is a busy neighborhood on a busy road. If you are a light sleeper, take earplugs. But you will be so tired after tramping through Petra that you will most likely sleep well. Breakfast was basic but plenty of fresh fruit and it did the job.

Abdul Rahman totally made our trip to Jordan and Petra. From the moment we booked, he was in touch and offering to help with the rest of our stay. He organised a car to pick us up from the airport and take us to Petra, Wadi Rum, Dead Sea and back to the airport. He even paid the car company a deposit which we paid him back on arrival. Abdul made sure we had enough beds in our rooms for all of us, ensuring that we did not book more than we needed and help fully organised a brilliant Petra guide for us on arrival. The supper at the hotel was great, especially the baklava. You can also get great shawarma on the streets a few doors away. Great hotel, minutes from Petra, ridiculously good value and the most helpful manager you will ever meet. We loved our stay and can’t wait to come back to Jordan.

It would be good to fix the mixing of cold/hot water, however it seems to be a big problem in the whole Jordan. There was no wardrobe in the room, which was not a problem, but some hangers would be great.

Very friendly and helpful personnel! Clean rooms. Hotel offering breakfast, lunch (including lunchboxes) and dinner. Good location. Free taxi/drop-off service to Petra entrance. Great cost/quality ratio.

We had a great stay at Cleopatra Hotel which was especially due to the extremely nice and helpful owner that provided us with all the advice and help we needed. He gladly proposed to help us with our future travel plans in Jordan and did everything to find other travelers that might have the same route and thus spare us some costs. Concerning the accommodation, the location is very good, overlooking the city. The room was clean, spacious and just what we needed. The value for money is undisputedly very high.

It's not a luxury hotel, but that's to be expected given the price.

Great value for the price. Clean room. Management was friendly and helpful, and assisted me in figuring out travel to Aquaba on the day of my departure.

the furniture could use some maintenance here and there

Good quality. You get what you pay for. Not too close to the Petra site, but not too far either, so the price is reasonable. The hotel facilities are just a bit tired, but good enough. It's clean and quiet. The hotel staff is absolutely awesome friendly.

Bathroom too small for me but its ok! Can manage to use it.

Clean and staff are nice and accomodating. Free ride going to petra. Advices for what to do around jordan or crossing the border going to israel. Very nice people.

Location: in the town but not close to Petra. Distance around 3km and had to take a taxi back since there is no free shuttle back to hotel after noon. Surroundings: Just beside the road so can't avoid noise. Facilities: no elevator and troubled wifi network.

Amazing Staff: the manager helped me with my visa stuff even in midnight. He tried everything to help me out. When I left for Amman, he also helped me with a taxi to pick me directly from bus stop to airport to save time. I have to say, I had never seen such nice hotel staff before. Good Service: Welcome drink, self picked room, shuttle to Petra in the morning

The location shown on Google maps was in correct, so maybe an indication of what is beside the hotel would make it easier to find.

I had a lovely stay. The hotel met my needs perfectly, I had a great view from my room, and access to the beach and Dead Sea itself was perfect. The many pools were so refreshing to swim in. I found breakfast delicious, with so k7ch variety. I'm vegetarian and celiac, and there was lots I could choose from. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. I got lost finding the resort, and as I was walking from where the public bus dropped me off, they sent staff to come and get me. Thank you for a wonderful experience!

There was no wifi and tv in the room and no one came to clean the room.

The room was clean and service was very good. beds were comfortable. The breakfast was simple with less options but fresh. They gave us a welcome drink and helped us in all the ways they can.

They are writing in tge website double bed ,triple beds whereas in original there are single beds. No place even to move. It is a rubbish hotel. In my lifetine i have never seen a rubbish hotel than this one.i also saw a tripadvisor certificate for 2013 i am suprised how this hotel has received a certificate.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

The breakfast offer could be improved because there is not much choice at the moment and the wifi, on top of having to pay for it, didn't work properly on the 1st floor of the hotel. The rooms are a bit small but OK for a 2 nights stay like we did.

The staff at Cleopetra hotel was extremely kind and friendly. The owner and the manager, Abdalrhaman, in particular were very very helpful in giving us good tips on places to eat and where to get wonderful Arabic sweets. The communication by email before our stay was excellent, and during our stay everything was facilitated for us. They even arranged for a great professional driver to pick us up from Aqaba to Petra, from Petra to Wadi Rum and got in touch with our next hosts in Wadi Rum to facilitate our arrival there. The location of this hotel is fantastic too! The bed was comfortable and the room very clean. Every day they would bring us by car free of charge to the entrance of the Petra archeological site.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

The small, family owned hotel in the upper part of Wadi Musa was a spontaneous choice - and a perfect one. Not only was the staff extremely friendly and helpful (but not in a pushy way), they also made us feel like home. After a long day walking and climbing through stony, dry and hot Petra (one of my favourite places on earth, don't get misled) and a cool shower we were called to come down for dinner - cooked by the mother of one of the owners and thus delicious. Better salad and kabseh than in the many-star-hotels, seriously. And the room onto the garden in the back was perfectly calm to guarantee a good night's sleep. Abdulrahman even helped out when our rented car lacked cooling water. Talking to the guys is highly enjoyable, they are full of stories about Petra, Jordan, the world and other tourists. Always again - and higly recommended.

Wifi didn't always reach into my room

The staff was amazing! Always went above and beyond to help and are so eager for you to have a great experience. Good breakfasts and they offer packed lunches to bring with you to Petra - they also offer free transport to Petra in the mornings. Especially great for solo travelers - they are helpful in finding you other people who are going to the same place to split costs, etc which is so great as Jordan can be a little pricey if you're traveling by yourself!

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Very friendly and helpful staff!!! You can also join dinner, which is very tasty and a good deal. We can definetely recommend this hotel and think it's the best option in Wadi Musa.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Rooms are very simple and a bit noisy

Excellent staff, very kind and helpful. Simple hotel but clean and very well managed. Location is close to the village, about 2km from Petra (they offer transport)

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Great value of money,location is great,staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms are comfortable and clean. The hotel offers free transportation to petra entrance before 12 noon which is really great. Will definitely come back if we visit Jordan again!

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

toilet flush was leaking and that caused us some discomfort. We were very tired to call hotel staff for help as we were tired and were staying the night only.

The owners of the hotel manage it themselves. They are nice people and very helpful. They guided us on visiting Petra and other places in Jordan as well. Breakfast was served early and it helped us to begin early for our visit to Petra.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

I'm not totally sure what the high rating is about to be perfectly honest. It's a budget hotel for sure, but the bathrooms flooded, the rooms weren't in very good shape (dirty floors, doors that flap with the slightest cross-breeze, uncomfortable beds), the food at breakfast was nothing special - standards hard boiled eggs, hummus, labneh, and very sugary juice and instant coffee.

Once again the staff in Jordan and at Cleopetra were wonderful, accommodating, kind, and helpful. Always the highlight, basically everywhere, and Cleopetra was no exception to this.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

I stayed in a single room that was extremely small and in need of a more thorough cleaning but it was sufficient for an overnight stay and one of the cheapest options in town. What I disliked the most about this hotel was that young man who worked there cleaning rooms harassed me for a tip immediately after I checked in. I told him that he had done nothing yet to earn a tip and I said no. He stood in the doorway of my room and was slow to back off. I told him to get out of the doorway and I shut the door. When I later returned to the hotel later that same afternoon, he again came to the room and insisted I tip him. I told him that I considered his behavior to be harassment, that I wouldn't tolerate it and that I would find a different hotel if he did not stop. I also let him know I would notify the manager about his behavior. I am a female who was traveling alone at the time and after running a gauntlet of requests for donations, souvenir hawkers, overcharging by cab drivers and generally everything else that goes with being a traveler in a famous tourist site I expected the hotel to at least be a temporary refuge. It was not. I spoke to the manager of the hotel about the incident and told him that would not tolerate the harassment and that he should know about the young man's behavior because it's bad for his business. He assured me it would not happen again. I soon heard the young man get a phone call as he was on the same floor still cleaning rooms. The young man left me alone after that but whenever I happened upon him for the remainder of my short stay he stared at me with an accusatory expression. The whole experience soured my view of the hotel and I would not stay there again. I later spoke to another couple who had also stayed at the hotel at the same time and the female reported that the housekeeper had also pressured her for a tip upon her arrival. Her boyfriend said he wasn't approached.

The location is very convenient to Petra. It was also close to restaurants and a market. The shower had hot water! The hotel manager was very helpful in connecting me with another couple to share expenses on a taxi and tour to Wadi Rum.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Wifi is not always running in the room, but downstairs in the lobby you can take a sit, change experiences with local people and have a nice Internet connection while you can see Indiana Jones films in the TV.

It has been much more better than I expected! Mr. Abdalrahman has been more than a host, he has been a friend! The staff and specially him was always very helpful and mean. Following his recommendations have been actually very useful for a nice stay, giving advice to save money and avoid swindles. The cost is very cheap and the service they give is very good. They sent Mr. Ali to pick me up from Amman and it's a very good point. About the rooms, there are enough for rest. Clean, big bed and quiet.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

No lift and steep stairs make lugging baggage a chore.

Helpful staff, free shuttle to Petra, good dinner on request (small extra cost), packed lunches available for very little cost.

We had to wait long for the towels and shower didn't have hot water as it was rush hour. My friend found a hair in her olive stuffing and breakfast itself could be improved; no toast, bread was dry.

The staff were extremely helpful and went out of their way to support us, once we managed to turn on the heater it was super comfy and had a great night, which is what we needed

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

Everything was great. The owner helped us a lot with all our necessities and answered our every question. The nicest people in all hotel business are in Cleopetra. The rooms are clean and spacious. A great stay!

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Bathroom was really dirty, hairs on the floor and walls, shower curtain was disgusting and even the towel. Room was very small, literally only room for the bed. Breakfast was day old pita bread, hard boiled eggs and canned hummus. Very disappointing. They charged an extra 2JD for Internet.

Bed was clean. Staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

The owner/host is the obvious winner here. Abdurahman was great chat and very helpful in any tips or assistance needed. A real smart chap with good vision.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

The staff, especially manager, Abdalrahman Farajat, was so helpful and welcoming. The place attracts indepedent travelers from all over the world and has a great, friendly vibe. Our room also had a heater, which is much appreciated on cold Jordanian nights. We ate at the Al-Arabi restaurant which was an easy walk down the street--the second floor is warmer when it's chilly. It also had great food for good value.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Everything was great. Great value.

Fantastic service. Ali at the front desk was so helpful and has exceptional customer service skills. I liked the comfortable room, the free ride to Petra, and the assistance when needed. Thanks!

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

few options around to have diner outside. 2 or 3 restaurants at walking distance.

Very clean hotel, good value for the price, easy to find by car and no difficulties at all to park in front of the hotel. The staff was very kind and helpful. Rooms were clean and comfortable enough for the price. A five minutes drive to get to Petra archeological site entrance.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

The breakfast didn't taste so good but for the price it was not a problem.

The owner are really helpful and nice people. They offer a lot of service like the transfer to Petra's visitor center. The hotel was quiet and clean and the price really affordable. And last but not least the room very well heated and the water to shower really warm.

Not happy with the Wadi Rum tour I booked through their friend & would NOT recommend it. Ubiquitous Jordanian water on the bathroom floor problem. Rooms right next to each other so quiet depends on the courtesy of your neighbors. 1/2JD for a simple cup of tea is a bit much, even in overpriced Petra. Charging for wi-fi is strange, but 2JD for your stay is an OK "resort fee" charge.

Abdalrahman is super kind and helpful and I love his laugh. Breakfast is typical but fills you up. Love that you can buy fresh fruit by piece (1/2JD ea) for your day in Petra. I'd rather walk to Petra and be picked up, but the "taxi conspiracy" probably won't allow it. The place is CLEAN. The price is well worth the 1.2km walk UPhill. And I felt safe, secure, and taken care of. I would stay again. Thank you Abdalrahman, Uncle- for the conversation and rides to the entrance, and the rest of the family for your hospitality.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Like other hotels in Jordan I stayed at, the heater can't really fight the winter, the room was cold

The staff was exceptionally helpful. He would take an extra mile to help you. I was very impressed! Very clean Free ride to Petra in the morning! I really enjoyed the experience overall!

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

The staff were extremely helpful and dropped me at the entrance to Petra and at the bus stop at no cost. It's also an easy 10 minute walk to the entrance.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

A bit cold in winter.

Very helpful with transport to Petra. Also arranged shared transport to Wadi Rum. Very helpful and friendly. Great value for the money.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

DON'T USE THEM FOR OTHER EXCURSION BOOKINGS - the Wadi Rum tour booked for me was overpriced and didn't include return transport, which was not the deal explained to me in writing in the hotel. Just take a bus to Wadi Rum and you will find a tour there, even in low season.

the best backpacker value for money you will get in Petra - a good budget option with friendly staff

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

The Owner and his nephew, Abdalrahman who runs the hotel were very welcoming and friendly and couldn't be more helpful. I found this hotel great value for the price I paid. It is close to some decent restaurants and they offer a shuttle ride to the entrance to Petra which wasn't far at all by car. I also really appreciated the healthy lunches they offer to take to Petra. I really enjoyed my stay here, it felt like home and I would definitely stay again. My only regret was that I didn't have more time in this amazing place!

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

The warm water was only turned on after 5 pm, which was a bit annoying when you come back earlier from Petra and are all dusty.

The hotel is family-run and they were all extremely nice and helpful. They had many good tips on what to visit in the surrounding area. Also, for a reasonable price you can even get lunch packages to take with you when going to visit Petra.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

The front door is locked after a certain hour and there is no one on duty, so you cannot get out (or in) between midnight and 6am.

Very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable staff and good location within Wadi Musa and easy access to Petra.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

noise from the mosque, school and the roads we stayed 2 nights, there was nog cleaning of the room in between.

very friendly owner who wants to arrange for you everything you want. for example a trip to wadi rum with 4wheeldrive and overnight stay. free transport to petra any time you want

The shower only had one setting - which was hot! At times it was a little bit too hot, would be nice to be able to adjust the temperature.

The staff were excellent and helped us out with what ever they could. Good view from our room of the mountains, also right next to a school so could observe (and hear) the chaos occuring in the playground in the morning.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

The location didn't bother me but it is a 20min walk from Petra which might not suit everyone. You can easily get a taxi for 2-3 JOD though, and the hotel provides free lifts down in the morning.

Excellent customer service (staff go above and beyond to help), great value for money, decent location (20min walk from Petra and 2mins from ATM, supermarket and restaurants), basic but clean facilities, great packed lunch available for only 3JOD.