Reviews of Crowne Plaza Amman 5 stars

6th Circle, 11118 Amman, Jordan

#71 of 194 hotels in Amman

• Superior Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Coming from a country that has strict rules of none smoking in all hotels, restaurants indoor and out I find it very disappointing this does not apply in international 5 star Hotels in Jordan and surrounding countries. It has been proven that business's do not suffer because of this none smoking rule.

We only stayed one night. The hotel room was very clean, comfortable and staff were very accommodating, breakfast was excellent.

Nothing at all

The location is really great and the stuff is super helpful and friendly and there is too many places for walk around and the hotel has Vienna Cafe nearby the reception which is great for spending good time with the best shisha and the food also is great, i will be back next month and no question that i will be only there!

• Superior Twin Room - Smoking

I have stayed in this hotel more than once and have noticed that my eyes get really red inside the hotel. They get better if I leave for the day and become red again once Im back in the room. I think this can be explained by the products the hotel uses for cleaning and perhaps laundry detergents. I heard similar remarks from friends who have stayed there. Although everything else was fine, I don't think I'd stay there again there for this reason. Other than that, I don't appreciate that booking.com does not indicate the full price when you book (VAT and other taxes excluded) so you get a surprise at the hotel.

Staff are helpful and professional.

• Superior Twin Room - Non-Smoking

furniture in the room isn't nice to sit in - plastic. Pillow too fat

Lovely breakfast - with loads of choice and very friendly helpful staff who even peeled and sliced a mango for me

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Given the reputation of Crowne Plaza I was disappointed by this hotel and would not return. Not value for money in my opinion. A hotel propelled forward by its reputation rather than its merits.

Location, for my business commitments, was good, but there isn't much in the neighbourhood. Ten minute walk through a rather nondescript residential area to the nearest restaurant area (Shatt al Arab)

• Superior Twin Room - Non-Smoking

I had a hot stone massage in the spa. It was confusing to find the spa because of renovations. As well, though the massage was good overall, the some of the stones were too hot and I have a few scald marks.

The bed was very comfortable and gave me one of the best sleeps in awhile.

• Superior Twin Room - Non-Smoking

One of our rooms had an unpleasant smell of sewage, however when we raised the issue the hotel did not hesitate in finding us another room to accommodate us.

Staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. We requested for last minute changes and the staff were very eager to make them possible. The hotel felt secure to live in.

• Superior Twin Room - Smoking

Like all of Amman, the Eid period can be a bit stressful. Try and avoid moving around Amman between 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm.

The people there, all of them were amazing. Bashar, Saed, Jeries, Dana, you are what makes the Crowne Plaza what it is.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Pool was packed, drinks were not cold, bellboy was very unprofessional in his answers, bureaucracy in dealing with a financial mistake, room too small, checking out took me 30 minutes. Horrible overall.

I was going to write a really good review about the cleanliness, service, facilities, everything about the hotel was great, until breakfast time. We called the reception at 9 to ask when the breakfast buffet will be over, the employee said at 12, I was surprised but excited that I could still get a bit more sleep. We went down at 11:30 and the lady there said that breakfast was over since 10:30. We talked to the manager informing him the reason we didn't come down to eat was because of the wrong information we received. He was very condescending, telling us no breakfast buffet in the world lasts till 12, he wasn't willing to help, but we were very adament about it, so he said he'll check the call recording. He came back to tell us that the recording isn't clear and he won't be able to do anything about it. No refund for the breakfast, no complimentary meal, nothing We weren't going to let that ruin the day, so we went to the pool. The day before, I had left my only pair of shoes at the pool side, and when I came back to take them they were gone. We asked all around for them, the employees at the pool area, the lost and found, the reception, they told us they didn't find anything. Until the next morning, we asked again, and we found them ourselves under the desk of the employees. We were astonished. There was a receptionist named Dima, and she was the only one willing to help. Very kind and very professional. Besides her, staff was horrible.

Extra comfy bed, all amenities were available

• Superior Twin Room - Non-Smoking

All the staff were helpful and welcoming however there is a certain person who is expetional he would go an extra mile to transform your stay from average to excellent !! His name is Alaa Zaben - very efficient and professional -THANK YOU for making our stay at the hotel very pleasant from check in to check out !!! See you again soon :)

• Superior Twin Room - Smoking

Food is under average , each time we order food to the room must be something missing or cold food, plates served with are very old look like you eating at hospital not 5 stars hotel. I am very disappointed . I stayed in Amman rotana hotel and it was great no way i can compaire between the 2 hotels for same price ! Crown plaza is very old hotel not well organised you feel you are in wrong place you can't be relaxed people looking at you and security staring at you !! What a bad experience i had . Never ever back again. By the way swimming pool full of people coming from outside the hotel the pay and entre so it was busy and dirty and full of non resident people

Room is clean

• Superior Twin Room - Non-Smoking

private taxi from hotel to the airport too expensive . there should be an alternative from city taxi .

check in , cleanliness , room was ok and full equipped , breakfast with food for vegans and vegetarians too. generally all staff very kind.

• Superior Twin Room - Non-Smoking

For JD 100 + taxes, a complimentary breakfast would have been a very good idea!

The bed was very comfortable and the room clean and provided with a plenty of towels

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Superior Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Getting transportation from hotel is 4x normal price, just walk 40 meters to street and you save 75% security check on hotel entrance was annoying.

Good location, good food, comfortable beds and clean Bathroom.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Nothing I dont like...

I like the Staff of this Hotel theyre very nice and kind and they will help you sort out problem... they wont give you a hopeless hope...

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Notice and announcement papers for lifts maintenance were thrown on the floor infront of each guest room. Unprofessional way to inform guests of any disturbance. Should be neatly distributed in envelopes and slided under the guest door.

Welcoming of staff, interiors of lobby and rooms, food, etc...

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

• Superior Twin Room - Non-Smoking

More information for tourist sights. Maybe even a tourist desk for city tours. Staff that can speak better English

Friendly and helpful staff. Good selection of food for breakfast

• Superior Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Pool had algae growing . Pool side service was slow and expensive. Same drink was 10JOD less at a bar two blocks away.Hotel taxi's to the airport were more than double a standard taxi. 20 JOD reg 50 for hotel taxi. Breakfast was rushed they cleared my table when I went up for some fruit. I reserved a single queen when I arrived they told me they had a room with two queens for me. When I got to the room it was two fulls. I had no time to fight over it I had multiple functions to attend. Photos on the site were photoshoped.

The attitude of the customor service and the reception, the guts feel unwelcome.

The person who help to get the luggage,was very helpeful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Superior Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Everything even the staff were not helping to solve the problems in the room

Everything was falling a part in the room ! Very very very disappointed on the five star hotel I had the same rate for Sheraton and other hotels in Amman however I decided to do crown plaza and I was mistaken very bad.

• Superior Twin Room - Non-Smoking

I couldnt stay longer! bathroom did not have any oral cleaning stuff, I did not bring mine thinking it would be there. I was wrong!

Value for money and staff were very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

I like every thing and how they are the staffs welcoming the guest every day really they are professional I love them this is the first time I visit Jordan sure not last time

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Superior Twin Room - Non-Smoking

We extended our stay for one night (against the same rate) and received confirmation from the staff in the evening. However next morning we received a call with the notice that we have to check out... After explaining we had extended our stay against the same rate, the staff responded that is not possible and increased the day charge for extension. In the end we still need to pay more than agreed upon that night before. - Swimming pool and outside area closed at 17:00 for a wedding. With a lot of nuisance until late.

breakfast

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

EXTREMELY overpriced for what it is our room didn't get cleaned until 5 pm WHILE WE WERE IN IT. Location is so so For the same price, you can stay in a much nicer hotel in Amman.

breakfast had big variety

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

Amount of money held on credit card was too excessive. No breakfast included for my booking but same booking made by me for a colleague included breakfast!!!! Only one towel in bathroom and sink plug broken

Location, bar and bar food and band.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Expensive taxi service supported by hotel, small collectable items went missing from room, this was reported to hotel but the issue was not followed up by them.

Bed very comfy and nice pillow sprays to help sleeping, 3 lifts so no waiting for lift, nice swimming pool for leisure, quick check in/out.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

The air conditioning however is noisy, to make it quieter it has to be turned off; not so good in the hot part of the year! If booking an airport transport, make sure to book a hotel taxi, not a hotel car - there's a 40JD difference! Bar and food prices are pretty high at the hotel.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Food quality is generally good.

• Superior Twin Room - Non-Smoking

They didn't accept to give me credit 0oints on ihg because I reserved through booking!

Breakfast is the best

Not many outlets

Cozy

Location, cleanliness and staff. Breakfast is excellent

They charged me more than the invoice!!

Location is good

Na

Hospitality

NA

Great location. Friendly staff and very clean rooms. Parking access was perfect and high security standards.

• Superior Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom needs to be more comfortable

Staff

quiet place and very good hotel

cleanness

breakfast

• Superior Twin Room - Non-Smoking

In love with this hotel, coming again during the summer for sure❤

Location and quiet place

• Superior Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Staff very friendly and helpful!

Reception Staff

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Location and clean and excellent welcoming

• Superior Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The pillow wasn't that good should have hard and soft, what I had only hard pillow,

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The room aircon was very noisy.

• Superior Twin Room - Smoking

the price was high compared to the quality of the hotel

good location

long bed

beds is not comfortable

The Air Conditioning could have been a bit better.

• Superior Twin Room - Non-Smoking

at the time of requesting the invoice in the restaurant, the staff delayed.

Food, location, cleanness.

Room Service needs improvement

One person at the reception was friendly.

Reception

We love evrething, very good location

• Superior Twin Room - Smoking

Swimming pool floor tiles where broken

Staff was awesome, super friendly, and always smiling.

• Superior Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Pool area very busy / rather small

Food and foyer

Shower and breakfast

The staff were very friendly and helpful

The staff members are so rude No customer service

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

The view

Great hotel friendly helpful staff Clean rooms Highly equiped

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Good price

The pool

• Superior Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The property is a bit outdated.

Staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

All

Spa and swimming pool only

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The bar and the delivery services in the hotel with annex the restaurant were excellent.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

Breakfast could have been better.

The staff was extremely friendly and I felt safe as all patrons and vehicles are scanned entering the premises.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

all ok

liked it very well

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Bar and live music at night

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Everything its not 5 * hotel

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Excellent staff: Reception Mr Mohammed was great, very hospitable, helpful and caring. Made our stay enjoyable

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

Some of the staff is not taking care of their work

Location and special Thanks to Mr. Mousa and receptionist Farah

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Staff

Close to shopping center

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Swimming pool is great, gym is decent and the free wifi connection is excellent as it reaches the swimming pool area!

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Beds are tired it seems it is not been changed over five years which is the international standard

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

everything

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Superior Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The staff are very professional and friendly. service is good and quick.

Browse Crowne Plaza Amman traveller photo gallery