Reviews of InterContinental Jordan 5 stars

Islamic College Street, Between 2nd & 3rd Circle, 1118 Amman, Jordan

#22 of 194 hotels in Amman

Space
    • Classic Room

I am complaining about the cleaning a little bit coz as obvious it needs more improvement, I found an underwear at the back of the TV table which means the cleaning covers only exposed area not even the hidden also the flush toilet was hanging most of times

Space Minibar Flexible and fast respond staff all the staff from the receptionist to the housekeeper

Excellent Hotel and we spent there very good time using the...
    • Classic Room

Excellent Hotel and we spent there very good time using the available facilities. Staff are so helpful and polite ... Recommended for anyone who want to relax and enjoy in Amman.

my stay was not good because of the thing happen to me fires...
    • Classic Room

my stay was not good because of the thing happen to me fires the are not very help full in the reception ,they dont find a good solution for me so to pay more money . the worst thing happen to me is two of my kids who eat steak sandwiches in the world cup area they were poisoned !!!!!!!!!!!!! and they gave me a lot of hard time in thy air port because they were vomiting and i were to cancel me flight because of this . am very up site and I am thinking about to sues intercontinental

A very comfortable and convenient place to stay in Amman.
    • Classic Room

Construction noise around the swimming pool.

Cinco de Mayo Mexican Restaurant is really excellent. Mr. Abdul Hadi is a great host. I wasn't expecting such good Mexican food in Amman! Location is also excellent. I had a bad case of flu while I was at the hotel and they brought in a competent doctor to treat it within 30 minutes of my request.

Pleasant overall
    • Premium King Room with City View

The restaurant, we had only one choice in Ramadan , the iftar buffet was poor in variety and over priced , also the outside area (terrace) was closing early in Ramadan

Made reservation for iftar in the restaurant and when we...
    • Classic Room

Made reservation for iftar in the restaurant and when we arrived there was no record of it. We had to wait while the staff made up a new table. The service was not good at all. They gave us forks and knives but no spoon for the soup. When the soup was served it was cold. The whole experience of eating in the restaurant was very unpleasant. Apparently we weren’t the only ones who had that experience there were other people with similar fate and they were all visibly upset.

Loved it so much changed our reservations to return there again a few days later
    • Classic Room

The outdoor pool is under comstruction which we were disappointed to find out on arrival but the hotel made up for it with a decent outdoor area for tanning and the indoor pool.

Excellent staff. Fitness facilities were great. Room was incredibly comfortable

An oasis in the desert.
    • Classic Room

Our stay at The intercontinental Hotel was the perfect place to relax after our dry and dusty travels through Petra and the Bedouin camp we had stayed at the night before. Great location to meet friends from Amman who showed us the city. Also, we visited Amman during Ramadan, so we were able to get a bite to eat during the day. After sundown, the city came alive with beautiful lights and amazing food.

Even though the building is quite old, the facilities were...
    • Classic Room

Even though the building is quite old, the facilities were very well maintained. The indoor and outdoor pool are very relaxing and offer a real feeling of relaxation and comfort.

the friendly ambiance in the hotel created by the staff make...
    • Classic Room

the friendly ambiance in the hotel created by the staff make you feel home; cheerful, kind and respectful staff stay around you all the time to check if you need any support and to explain to you about all the facilities in the hotel. the facilities provided in the hotel and its location are excellent..very clean rooms ..food is also delicious.. special thank you to Mohamad&Bilal (on the reception desk) and Hanine (on the pool) for their kind support throughout our stay! if you are looking for a place to relax and feel home, don't hesitate to choose this place :)

It was perfect
    • Classic Room

All the staff were wonderful and helpful with absolutely everything. Great and safe place to be if you are travelling on your own. Very clean and quiet

Excellent city hotel, but doesn’t use its generous outside space
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Could make much better use of their outside space...disappointingly, despite excellent early March weather, all external restaurant and bar terraces and pool were closed.

Good facilities, friendly and efficient staff and services, comfortable rooms.

Excellent customer service and high standards

Ceiling shower

Firstly the bed and room were excellent. Although the ceiling shower did not work, it did not take away from the room as it was to a very high standard. The service was sublime. Mohammed the manager and Washi (lady) at breakfast provided very good customer service for my family and made it a memorable experience.

The only place to stay in Amman
    • Premium King Room with City View

All the staff were very friendly kind and helpful. Want to thank the manager Annis for making our stay so great and for surprising my triplets with a delicious birthday cake - incredibly thoughtful!! The hotel facilities - restaurants, bars and spa all fantastic and the hotel atmosphere is wonderful. I have tried the other hotels and this remains the best hotel in town.

An excellent service by a diligent team. I recommend it a lot.
    • Classic Room

Clean, rich in servings and quality, various available facilities, diligent presentation of delicious food, wifi connection without any problem, and most importantly helpful personnel making you feel at home... Malak, Maen, Adham and Ruba (from executive lounge) and Wisam (from breakfast saloon) and Saif (driver accompanied us in our Petra trip) were just a few of the wonderful staff whom I remember their names but I should say that the personnel from the housekeeping to the concierge were all nice and trying their bests to be helpful.

An excellent service by a diligent team. I recommend it a lot.
    • Classic Room

Clean, rich in servings and quality, various available facilities, diligent presentation of delicious food, wifi connection without any problem, and most importantly helpful personnel making you feel at home... Malak, Maen, Adham and Ruba (from executive lounge) and Wisam (from breakfast saloon) and Saif (driver who accompanied us in our Petra trip) were just a few of the wonderful staff whom I remember their names but I should say that the personnel from the housekeeping to the concierge were all nice and trying their bests to be helpful.

Great hotel and very helpful staff

All was good.

Great staff who were always willing to help with whatever was needed. They were very professional. Also, the rooms were clean and beds very comfortable. My wife and I enjoyed our visit and are actually already booked to return to the same hotel.

Excellent hotel especially for business or short-term travelers
    • Classic Room

I wish there was more of a lobby bar scene (there is a very comfortable cafe lounge, but no wood-paneled bar sort of space) but I understand why this might not be the case in Jordan. Outdoor pool was closed, but it was winter so... (shrug).

Wonderful, comfortable hotel. We stayed here on a 24-hour layover in Amman. Our room was spacious and had a great view. Lobby lounge was fun for people-watching. Staff was very helpful and courteous. Indoor pool looked great but we didn't have time to take advantage of it. I only wish we had more time to stay and enjoy this great hotel!

1. nice staff , specially Mr.
    • Premium King Room with City View

1. Breakfast . 2. Generally it would be more fair for the hotel to be 4 stars .

1. nice staff , specially Mr. Ashraf . 2. cleanliness . 3. Size of room and view .

Ok. I expected more as a regular visitor to Intercontinental hotels.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

“Deluxe” rooms are very small and overlook a view of the filthy roof and alleyways of several poorly maintained houses. Pool closed. Conference visitors overwhelmed the individual travellers. And also got lots of attention.

Food excellent. Indian restsurant superb.

very relaxing stay, must be one the best in mid east
    • Classic Room

the telephone system would need some attention, dated, often bad connections, confusing inetrface

the true luxury hotel, familiar, relaxed atmosphere, wonderful, friendly service, best location, nice and charming space

Overall excellent property and we loved it.
    • Classic Room

Indoor swimming pool could be little bit warmer.

It is one of best hotel I stayed. Normally we stay at Hilton but there is no Hilton in Amman yet. After doing some search we choose this property because of its rating. We are glad we chose it. All the staff were excellent at every place at the hotel, from front desk, Executice club to restaurant. It was our first time staying at Intercontinental, at check in we got upgrade when we requested. By paying for breakfast upfront we also received access to executive club. At hitea there were good selection of snacks. They even suggested pasta which was one of the best. My wife used Spa to get massage and she just loved it. My daughter and I used indoor pool which again great. Overall we had one of the best experience. We loved it and love to recommend.

Great location and service, would recommend to anyone staying in Jordan!
    • Premium King Room with City View

Breakfast was pretty bad (we ended up ordering in-room dining which was amazing though), so if you are offered breakfast with your room for extra money, just save that money and order to your room instead.

Obviously great location, service, and very attentive staff. Amazing room service & in-room dining selection! Very close to rainbow street which has a huge selection of cafes, restaurants, and shops. Very safe neighbourhood. Requested a late check-out and they were very accommodating, offered to let us check-out at 4pm. Very helpful staff, and a great selection of restaurants on the first floor.

A pleasant stay.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

It is clearly a business hotel, there were a number of conferences going on with many middle aged businessmen swarming about. It is not a bad thing of course, but we enjoyed the atmosphere in the nearby Grand Hyatt more.

10 minute walk to Rainbow Street. There is also a little shop inside the lobby area, which was useful. Three restaurants on site, nice if you cannot be bothered to go out.

Our stay was incredible
    • Classic Room

I recommend to book your hotel not using booking.com when it doesnt include taxes(it costs less).. because sometimes it does not include the tax and other thing.. so we didn’t see that when we booked and we payed at the hotel a lot of money

The hotel was excellent.. the servere is beyond excellent The people there are amazing We had a very good time

Gave us great hospitality with VIP treatment.
    • Classic Room

The breakfast was very expensive.

Gave us great hospitality with VIP treatment. The enchiladas were quite tasty... reminded us of fun times in Mexico!

Nice hotel, good location but pricey.
    • Classic Room

Room wasn't cleared one day (because I made separate bookings and they expected me to check out - so system between reception and housekeeping isn't great). Some of the Executive Floor staff could have been more helpful - never got a clear understanding of what I'd paid the extra for.

Good facilities. Some excellent staff.

• Classic Room

Restaurants at the hotel are very expensive compare to restaurants in general in Amman. The shopping arcade is rather empty.

I liked the smiling staff and the housekeeping. The spa and gym area has a lovely atmosphere. The gym is very well equipped.

Ok but not as good as 4 seasons
    • Deluxe King Suite with Pool View

Reception staff poor - Tamar - told us we had no booking when we arrived, sent us to restaurant in town without warning us no alcohol served, pool closed at 4 for private party

Nice room & breakfast, late checkout from room, good hotel driver

Great location very friendly staff would go back
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Breakfast seating only inside!

Great location 10 minutes drive to nearly everywhere! Very friendly staff! Front desk Tamer, Monica, housekeeping,Valet Room comfortable with walk in shower and bath( premium room). City view Breakfast is good. Outside seating would be great. Only inside right now. Would definitely go back

I love this hotel. Can't wait to go back.
    • Classic Room

An ATM that gives US dollars would be nice.

Customer service was excellent from front desk to dining to bellman. I enjoyed my stay every time I was a guest here

In general the staff are friendly, but it seems that they do...
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

The ability of the staff to know the procedures. The bed was not confertable . Cups were a bit dirty.

In general the staff are friendly, but it seems that they do not know the procedure of the hotel. Most of my problems with the hotel were related to knowing the procedures

Very nice place to stay in Amman

Can't think of anything

Nice, clean rooms Friendly and helpful staff The bed was very comfortable Breakfast was very delicious, with lots of variety

Great location and good amenities but be careful with the staff
    • Classic Room

The concierge person was very helpful and polite during check in however he wanted to rip me off while going back to the airport. If I had not asked for the price, I would not know he was trying to charge 2.5 times more than the regular taxi. ( 20 dinars vs 50 dinars) Once I declined, he went down to 35 and then to 25 dinars but I did not take it as this was very disappointing as he was trying to get both tip and commission.

The hotels location, amenities and rooms are very well. It was all comfortable and I was overall happy with the stay.

They Lie
    • Classic Room

When checked out they said ! No need to pay anything "Mr Phelep from Reception" But later on they took an amount from my visa card without my permission Unbelivable I kept trying calling them and they kept promising to call me back Never called This is not profissional and its bad and not legal

Mr Anas cooperation

It's oj
    • Classic Room

Cleaness of the pool area was poor The entrance needed more welcoming atmosphere Bad smell at some places in the hotel Shower pressure was poor

Location Restaurant options Spa & salon availability

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Overall a great place to stay
    • Classic Room

This was kind of gross but the shower wall had little tiny hairs stuck on them probably from the previous visitor so that made me doubt how well they clean the bathrooms. i did tell them about this and they sent someone up to clean.

I always love this hotel. The staff are really lovely, the location can't be beaten, and the room size is good. They left me a fruit basket on the third day.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Easy and classic, would definitely stay again.
    • Classic Room

The price of drinks and food were certainly on the high end for dinner, but very delicious. I think the breakfast buffet was not worth the price. Everything else was very nice.

Very nice hotel and very accommodating staff. The Iftar dinner during Ramadan was absolutely amazing. We also ate once at the Mexican restaurant, which was good.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

they steal my built
    • Classic Room

they steal my Gucci built as i forgot it there then when my friends check they denied

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Value fot money place. Real 5*
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

The city in general has no good places for dinner

Personnel is very helpful and polite. Also the indian restaurant in house has fantastic indian food. Top taste indian

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Successful Amman Business Trip!
    • Classic Room

The rooms are a bit run down and there aren't enough electricity outlets (and this that exist are not placed strategically)!

The staff were very accommodating and went the extra mile to ensure our comfort. Access to the gym was great too!

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Great location, will stay here for future trips to Amman
    • Classic Room

The car service linked with the hotel needs much improvement. Despite making arrangements the day before with the front desk, the car service was never prepared for our trips and often had difficulty finding a driver to take us, making us late for meetings.

The staff were friendly and helpful. The food and spa services were great. Made my 2 week stay very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

The spa
    • Classic Room

The water heater doesn't work I can't make a cup of tea in the room .. there is a problem with the tv not working good .. there is no teeth brush in the room !! These things are essential in five stares hotels!!!

The spa

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Stay was great but the visa issue made me unpleasant
    • Classic Room

They charged my visa for insurace 25 JD more than the needed value, and they told me it needs 3 days for the insurance amount to return to the account, it has been 3 weeks now and no amount was returned.

Everything was good

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

The hotel was what you would expect from the...
    • Classic Room

Location wise, rainbow street is not as close as expected and hardly any food places in the vicinity.

The hotel was what you would expect from the Intercontinental chain. The staff gave us a wine bottle since I was not very happy with the room and they were unable to change the room.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Business trip
    • Classic Room

The facilities are excellent - staff very helpful I was on business and the weather was cold - having three choices of restaurant was useful The gym was good - it was too cold for the pool

Excellent in every way - especially the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff
    • Classic Room

Friendliness of all the staff (including the drivers)- every single staff member was incredibly friendly and helpful. Ali the concierge was especially helpful

Jorden trip
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Room size was small compared to other hotels. Bathroom gate did not had lock which is must for family room

Location was fine. Staff was excellent and supportive they have upgraded us and also allowed our 4 year old in the swimming pool also late check out at 4 pm. Breakfast spread was good and had some Indian options as well.

Absolutely what you want in a hotel.

Short stay, begged for more.

The style. The energy. The warm welcome, powerful free wifi, lovely sparkling free spa, perfect bed, classic appointed decor, holiday theme. The people, people, people. One of my favorite Top 10 hotels, if not Top 3. Ever.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• Classic Room

Bed was comfortable and pillows in different varietes availabel ( More firm , Less firm .....) Service is outstanding . In particular Ali the Concierge Officer and a female Trainee in the Executive Lounge. ( forgot her Name unfortunately ) but she was super attentive.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

comfortable and good hotel but needs few points to improve .
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

The price I paid actually is more than the rate on booking.com ,Expensive rate per night . Although I'm IHG member, it's less likely that I'll stay at Intercontinental-hotel next visit . each time of staying in the hotel there is something not good in general . I left request before my check in to empty bar and remove alcohol from the room unfortunately , I found a bottle of wine in the room. moreover , If I hadn't argument in the check in my request for high floor room would be ignored even that I asked few times before my check in day. It would be nice to find a bible in the room instead of wine.

wifi is strong , helpful staff during the staying and check in in opposite of check out , Rooms are quite and nice .

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Not satisfied
    • Classic Room

The bathroom was not well clean when checked in (some urinary spots seen ), and the mini bar was not cleared from the previous guests belongings that makes me even suspect if they really changed the sheets or not

Very friendly

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Perfect base for excursions and day trips - in Amman and elsewhere - but taxis are a must!
    • Classic Room

A part from the security check point at the entrance, and the display of local art behind the reception, this could have been an Intercon anywhere in the world. Total lack of personality, same-same shops, the restaurants expensive and the food bland. And worst of all: smoking is allowed! One "gentleman" sat happily puffing on his huge cigar when we were supposed to choose our dinner...

The staff was really great - in particular the concierge, Ali, who went out of his way to help us find the right combinations for our stay. He is a real star!

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

we got an upgrade, which is always nice but the room was...
    • Classic Room

Bathroom very unpractical, only one sink ( in a premium room in a 5 star hotel???) pico did not work properly in the morning still 23 deg C typical for warmer climates in the winter all think you need 25-27 to sleep!!!

we got an upgrade, which is always nice but the room was still relatively small, with my wife in front of the mirror i could not even enter the bathroom!!! beds are wonderful

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Best quality customer service
    • Premium King Room with City View

Truly impressed with checking process, the reception personnel and assistance. Zaid, Muawiyah, the manager and the gentleman who checked me in were in particular very helpful. I was granted late check out upto 6pm and that was the highest customer satisfaction attempt I have experienced so far.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

The rooms were large and I liked the floor plan.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

A non-smoking section in the lobby would be welcome.

The rooms were large and I liked the floor plan. The gym was fantastic and the Indian restaurant was very good. Security was high which is comforting in the Middle East.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

What a beautiful, spacious, luxurious hotel.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Nothing I would change, can't fault the place!

What a beautiful, spacious, luxurious hotel. The staff were friendly, warm, welcoming and so helpful. The beds were super comfortable, the breakfast selection was excellent, and the shower pressure was just right. We also got a room upgrade which was a lovely treat for two weary travellers on our arrival in Jordan at 1am!

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

A very enjoyable stay
    • Classic Room

Nothing - everything we would expect from Intercontinental was achieved and more, all the staff we encountered were very helpful and attentive.

The Cleaner for room 559 (27/09-30/09) greeted us everytime we walked past him and took time to teach my Husband Arabic words. Also, Waiter Muayad Hamada in the Bourj Al Haman (Restaurant) took time to explain the menu and took an interested as to how we were enjoying our trip to Jordan. He was very helpful and informative.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Good staff
    • Classic Room

Bigger variety of restaurants. Lebanese and Mexican is too less for such a high standard hotel like you. Lounge on 8th floor is very good. !

Good staff Nice atmosphere. Quiet rooms.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Best Hotel in Amman
    • Premium King Room with City View

The staff are well-trained except for one staff that told me we've upgraded you to a club room, and I had a Premier deluxe room. What is the difference? Nothing at all except you get access to the club lounge. As a business traveler, I do not have time to visit the club room. I was a bit disappointed from the staff at the reception. I got all excited for nothing. It's the exact same room on different floor and with a pool view (Not like Amman has a view of the sea and mountains, city view everywhere).

IHG have the best properties in most of the cities

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Disappointing stay in a once great hotel
    • Classic Room

Rooms are quite small despite being a premium room. There was a lot of noise coming from the corridor. Lastly, the service quality of the staff in the hotel (breakfast, bar & gym) was extremely poor. Half hour to get a coffee and waiters arguing in front of guests were only two incidents. The rooms should be maintained better with the iron and the safe not working, the blowdryer broken, and several stains on the wall.

The front desk team was very friendly, even though check-in took a half hour because "the system was down" (system was still down the next day).

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

One of the Top Hotels in Amman!
    • Classic Room

the bed is not comfy, no waste bins around the pool, didn't like also the idea of charging me for the car park while am a hotel residence.

Liked the well furnished and clean rooms, the welcoming wine and fruits bowl @ our room, the extra friendly and welcoming staff all over the facility, the pool

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

friendly staff
    • Classic Room

the bed was not very comfortable the sushi was recently added to the restaurant menu however the waiters were not aware of what in the menu and they charged the order twice would be great to add more diet food on the breakfast menu

friendly staff good location

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Excellent Getaway at Amman Intercontinental
    • Classic Room

I liked the hotel staff, they are all very welcoming especially the management team . the location is excellent close to every where you think about. the SPA is super excellent. Nice swimming pool. The hotel lobby is very specious and comforting. the house keeping is Excellent, in house dining is very good. Most and above all it is highly secure hotel. they arrange very nice tours within Amman and around Kingdom, like the Dead Sea, and desert camping.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

The staff were great, gave me a free upgrade.
    • Classic Room

The rooms were not sound proof.

The staff were great, gave me a free upgrade. And overall all staff were friendly and willing to help before I even asked.

the Staff were kind and willing to help

the Staff were kind and willing to help

Room and facilities are perfect !
    • Classic Room

Room and facilities are perfect !!!

Very good stay, comfortable beds and great food

Very helpful and friendly staff with professional welcoming attitude

Mr mazen is the best wedding maneger all over the world

Mr mazen is the best wedding maneger all over the world

All photos online represented the true experience I had during my stay

Prices were very high

Everything the staff were so lovely and the hotel was so beautiful. Will definitely stay again

Room is clean and comfortable, and easily accessible.
    • Classic Room

The view from room was awful, old beat up buildings and trash..

Room is clean and comfortable, and easily accessible.

All

All

The staff were super nice and friendly specially, a staff...
    • Classic Room

The staff were super nice and friendly specially, a staff named khalil al masaeed was so helpful.

Beautiful hotel, friendly and helpful staff.
    • Classic Room

Beautiful hotel, friendly and helpful staff. great upscale hotlel.

The hotel exceed my expectations

you feel like home