Reviews of Kempinski Hotel Amman 5 stars

Abdul Hameed Shouman Street, 11110 Amman, Jordan

#97 of 194 hotels in Amman

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Booked for my mother to stay for 3 days.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Booked for my mother to stay for 3 days. Staff was not helpful. U ask for something and they convey alternative and make you reluctantly accept it. Rooms were not immaculate we had to call up room sercvice to clean upon check in. Not the most convieniant stay overall being rated 5 star. The reason i booked there is because we had a weddeing to attend hosted at the hotel.

Good staff, nice reception, good breakfast
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Renovation going on, no World Cup on tv which should be standard for a 5 star hotel. I was on the executive floor but the lounge wasn’t really inviting neither were the staff working in the lounge

Good staff, nice reception, good breakfast

• Executive Suite

It was really bad experience, the security were racist against my wife because she was wearing (neqab) they treated us like criminals. Above that, when I went to complain to the duty manager, no one came to take my complaint. They left me more than 5 mins waiting in the lobby and one show up to talk with me.

The most amazing hotel in Jordan
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The most amazing hotel in Jordan, the food is unbelievable, too good to be true. the taste, preparation and presentation is superb, the main chef "ali" came to check on the quality of the food and they took good care of us , I highly recommend it for all to come and visit this hotel . thanks to all for the great stay.

Memorable stay
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I stayed at the hotel with my friend , was warm welcoming and we had a great dinner at Kempi Restaurant. good food and excellent service special thanks to Mr.Nashmi and chef fawwaz And the atmosphere was very nice and I do recommend to visit this hotel for everyone.

not a real five star hotel. Poor staff training and not great breakfast!
    • Panoramic Suite

The buffet breakfast is very bad, the selection is very limited and the omelet station line-up disrupts the buffet. the food lacks salt and is tasteless. The buffet selection is very limited relative to the hotel star rating. The staff are very inadequately trained; the houskeeping cleaners threw away the cover and zip bag of our child's portable bag. The safe buttons do not function properly. Only some of the numbers work. The corridors stink of cigarette smoke from adjacent rooms despite the adjacent rooms being non-smoking. There isn't a policy to enforce non-smoking observance in the non-smoking rooms. The cigarette smoke often gets into the room from the corridors. The hotel only has an outdoor pool meaning swimming in cold weather isn't possible.

Location is easily reached

The location can't be any better
    • Business Double or Twin Room

The facility seemed aged...

very friendly staffs who had a smile on their face at all the time, location was great.. practically walking distance to almost most places

I wouldn't stay again but go to The House Boutique Suites
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff lacked training and it felt like they weren't really ready for guests. We had travelled in Jordan and had some very good care and experience so this was a let down for the most expensive place we stayed. We ordered breakfast in the room and no one collected the card off the door so when I rang down they didn't even have our order. It did come an hour later but lucky we were having a leisurely day. Next day no card to fill in!! Service in the café and bar area was extremely slow and poor. There was confusion on paying as I had already paid part of the bill but got charged twice which took some time to resolve. We had ordered an airport car to take us - this was booked prior but seemed to take a great deal to organize even though the car was just outside the door. I had to remind the concierge that we were waiting to go. The driver talked about the incomers to Jordan (Syrian and Iraqi) and then talked to himself in Arabic for the rest of the journey. A bizarre end to what was a really good trip. Spa staff excellent and recommend Kempinski massage.

Comfy bed

6.0
    The ac unit is bad and not well maintained
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

The lame response from the staff by trying to get rid of my complain instead from trying to get customer satisfaction

The ac unit is bad and not well maintained

beyond expectations
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I have to admit this hotel in the city center of amman met all my expectations. in fact, the style of the hotel and the politeness of personnel made me see amman differently. I liked it finally. the location is ideal for some someone who wants to visit the city. the front desk staff go out of their way to make sure that everything is going right and you have all of what you need. the breakfast was also great . it worth's every penny you spend

Perfect choice
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The location is very central with all major locations reachable by foot. big choice of restaurants and bars in the neighborhood. breakfast is amazing !!! all the rest is perfect (service, parking on site, information ). would highly advise for quick city trips!

A nice experience that i will always remember
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

the design of the space was very innovative and impressive. the behavior of the staff was very kind. the breakfast was distinct and special. the room was clean and warm and the bed was very comfortable

Dissapintment every step of the way
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Dirty rooms, worn out bathrobes, poor breakfast, torn firniture, dirty windows. Some cheap bowling centre on the entrance... More like cheap motel, rather than 5*hotel. Free advice to Kempinski country management-sell this property together with stuff asap.it has makes most negative impression on Kempinski chain. Dissapionting choice. Espesially comming from Ishtar which is only 45 km away. Huge difference to European Kempinskis as well.

Stay away from this hotel, at any cost. Nothing awful more than being disappointed
    • Business Double or Twin Room

For business travelers, stay away from this hotel, at any cost. I'm sure all of you know the feelings of disappointment when you don’t get what you have paid for. This is a typical example of being mislead. I have booked a business room for one night in this hotel. Within the features of the room, "Access to The Executive Lounge" was included. And indeed, this feature was the major determinant for my decision to book the business room at an expensive rate/night. Within just few minutes after I checked into my room, I received a call from the reception telling me that you are not allowed to access the "Executive Lounge". I explained to him that my reservation does include that because the access was included within the room's features. He said that he will check and get back to me but never did. I decided to go to the Executive Lounge to have a cup of coffee only to be told by the guy at the coffee bar that you are not allowed to access. I went to the reception area where I had a discussion with the front office manager about the issue. I showed him evidences that I have access to the Executive Lounge. I'm not trying to have a privilege that I didn’t pay for. I paid a room that has this feature, and this is my natural right during my stay. Despite this and the evidence I showed to him, he refused to allow me for what I paid for and tried to bombard me with cliché-like arguments and justifications that have cost-reduction smells! After two hours of returning to my room, I received a call from the reception telling me that we will "grant" you an access to the Executive Lounge, presenting it as a gift rather than a natural right for me. I refused it and never used the lounge during my stay. They simply have agitated me shortly on arrival while they should do whatever possible to let you feel that you are remarkably served, as all standard five-star hotels do.

the attention and detail from staff in relation to guests is some of the best i have experienced.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Service was incredible, our room was amazing. Loved the comfy bed. I would certainly recommend it, their customer service is next level, the staff was incredibly helpful. I cant say enough good things about this hotel.

great staff & location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Great staff to help with anything you might need, breakfast was great also, the bed was comfortable and the room very clean, the do have several options when it comes about restaurants I highly recommend the via appia we will definitely be back

They made my stay just perfect :)
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I stayed at kempinski Hotel Amman for 1 night on a business trip and it is by far the best hotel I've stayed at for business. from the moment I arrived, the reception staff was on hand to help and was so friendly and considerate. after an incredibly long and tiring day this greeting made the world difference. I was then greeted by hiba on reception who checked me in and after a very attentively listening to me grumble about my day arranged for me to have a free room upgrade. the room was spotless and very clean, the bed was large, comfortable and very spacious. the bathroom was also spotless and had everything you need. the breakfast was by far the best quality and biggest range of selections I've experienced. the hotel is in fantastic location. I highly recommend staying at this hotel, Besides the value for money compared to the other hotels of the same cost in amman. They made my stay just perfect

Average
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Location is built up and adjacent to a building site. Rundown feel in entrance.AC not working in besroom. Stingy with complimentary tea and coffee satchels .WIFI very good.

WIFI very good in room

It was nice to stay at Kempeniski... Definitely it will be my best choice if I visit Amman again
    • Business Double or Twin Room

Security check... they don't have handheld device and they are replacing it with human hands. I didn’t feel comfortable when someone has to touch my pockets and my hole body from top to down every time I enter the hotel !!! Sound isolation...

The Excutive Loung

Nice large rooms, sound-proofed, very comfortable.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I had a problem with the toilet, which was immediately fixed. It is not possible to book a normal (and cheaper) taxi: according to their policy they can only book cars with drivers

Nice large rooms, sound-proofed, very comfortable. Good breakfast, although a bit too expensive

It felt like home
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

the location was excellent, it was in the middle of the city which provided easy access to the places in Amman also the staff is very friendly and the room is very comfortable.

Outstanding & Beautiful Hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I spent a wonderful night at this lovely hotel. the room was beautiful and the staff was very friendly and accommodating and the service was outstanding from the moment we arrived, the entire staff made you feel that you were special and the appreciated you choosing their hotel

Central, modern and quiet place
    • Business Double or Twin Room

1. The italian restaurant in the hotel is something particular and unique, but to wait almost 1 hour to get what we ordered (the restaurant was almost empty), is something really very sad for a such nice place 2.1. The party in the pool on friday...was interesting and nice, but maybe the music was too loud, and was as well difficult to speak with other people 2.2. IS UNACCEPTABLE that one of the dj's didn't allow me to take some pictures of my friend and family which were swimming in the pool I hope that the management can work on this points in order to be again in line with the standards of a 5* hotel. Thank you.

I had my birthday at the Kempinski, and I really appreciate to find a so delicous cake in my room. The staff in the hotel was always ready to help us in order to find the best plan to spend a beautiful day in Amman.

This hotel is very old and run down.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

This hotel is very old and run down. It's not on the same level as other Kempinski hotels around the world. It's very expensive for what it is.

really it was disappointed
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

not clean too mach complicated to enter dont have main entrance you need to go between narrow streets not clean outside because of the building going on near by

really it was disappointed

Everything you would need but a little awkward overall...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Pillows were terrible. Overcharge for taxi bookings and hotel vehicle transfers more than 200% than street price! Use Uber everywhere! More of a business hotel than a social boutique hotel.

Rooms were quiet. Affordable for a 5 star hotel price.

My Stay At Kempinski
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

1- Hotel keeps asking for extra money as a credit or it asks to reserve a certain amount of money on your credit card, facilities wont serve you if your credit is not enough. Actually i have been in other luxury/5 stars hotels, and never faced such procedure. you pay for what you get inside the hotel at check out, since you signed each and every bill during your stay 2- Elevator is a total pain, your room key card takes you to a specific floor only (which is your room's floor), if other family members are staying in other floors, you can easily reach their rooms, you have to go to the GF and ask them to come and pick you from there !

Rooms Service, Restaurant, Staff are friendly !

spa and health club.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

spa and health club. Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room were not good. at 8:30 am nothing was ready to use, also i went back to use them at 11:15 am i found that non of them is hot and ready to use.

Great staff excellent location
    • Business Double or Twin Room

Property is quite old needs serious renovation.

Staff are really helpfull, welcoming, and friendly. Location is excellent, center. Resturants and shops are surrounding the hotel so everything you need is just walking distance.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

An unexpected nice touch
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

After an tour around the city trying to find the hotel (my fault, forgot the map), we had a warm welcome from everyone at the hotel. The room was large and the be big and comfortable. Very nice touch from the hotel having a birthday cake delivered to my room unexpectedly. Not sure how you knew it was my birthday, but very much appreciated. Thank you.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Great place to gather and refresh
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Construction work - that being said, it was generally not noticeable ...

Arrived after a whirlwind trip around Jordan. Looking for a relaxed environment to chill before heading home next day. Hotel exceeded our expectations in meeting what we were looking for ...

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I found out it's cheaper to book direct with hotels rather than through booking.com in UAE or outside. In some cases the price might be the same but with free breakfast people should try to book direct and check the prices with hotels first

Never ever shall stay at Kempinsik Amman
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff response to complain is very poor. The rate agreed with booking.com is not what the hotel charged, The hotel management could not handle disturbing guests and had my wife changed the room at the middle of the night; and brought back to her room in the morning. Staff are not trained to look after guest.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Scrap the compulsory valet parking now Mr. kempinski Amman!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The compulsory valet parking service is pathetic. It should be scrapped. The front office staff Samar is simply amazing. The location is the best. I simply wouldn't go back there because of the pathetic parking policy. They lose your car key, they take half an hour to find it, they don't explain what's going on, simply a bunch of losers looking after people's expensive assets. Scrap it Mr Kempinski.

Ms. Samar (front office staff)🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Bad experience. Good that I stayed for 1 day only
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The pillow was having hair and dirty. All restaurants close at 23:00 and no valet guy. I have to search for him and it was the horrible experience. The hotel area is hidden with deserted area. Honestly I didn't like it

Shower only

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

what a pity!!!!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

On check out :the bill was printed out and than somebody reported that we forgot to pay a half liter local water!!! so we had to wait for new bill! And this in a Kempinski hotel!!!!

Very good breakfast and the room was spacious

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Nice Stay

Having said that, if you're a regular kempiniski customer, you'll be surprised that this is the only kempinski around the world that does charge for minibar. All the other Kempinski I've been to around the world, soft drink sofa such as coke or sprite is free of charge from the mini bar inside the room. Not at this hotel. I was surprised. Not a big deal. I paid.

Just an ordinary Kempinski. Nothing special. Rooms were clean. Breakfast was good. Service was good.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Should be better than this
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

They want you to show up every 24 hrs to activate your magnetic card, as well as insert password for Internet access. Room service was very disturbing during mornings, there was a guy who kept knocking on my door forever just to clean out, there should be a sticker to inform them that they should come later to clean out the room. Tea and coffee mugs in my room didn't get changed during my stay, I even placed them on top of the desk to be seen, on my last day I found out that they only got washed and kept where I placed them.. They never refilled coffee, suger or tea. Hot water for shower wasn't available at all times. Bed sheets, towels, or what so ever inside the room organization was different every day..

Gym and other facilities were excellent. Front desk staff were very friendly, very convenient location

Room view 😰
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Lonug Lobby staff behavior 👎🏻, been reported to duty manager but without any feed back . Construction work (noise)

The executive lounge
    • Business Double or Twin Room

Outside pool is too cold

The executive lounge

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Good Visit

All were fine , except the AC , it was not performing well

Nice staff.
    • Executive Suite

Hotel entrance under construction. Suite furniture very very old. Breakfast very poor.

Nice staff.

It was excellent

Friendly Staff , special thanks For “ Hilal “ for his Much caring

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Never be my last visit

Nothing at all

The warm hospitality , delicious food suberp housekeeping staff.

Great stay
    • Executive Suite

Every thing, especially the friendly staff and the great food.

Perfect hotel and perfect location
    • Executive Suite

The carpet needs clean They should diversify more in breakfast

The calmness and tranquility

Good Stay
    • Business Double or Twin Room

It was less comfotable than other Kempinski hotels. The Hotel was under renovation.

Staff, location, clean.

Communication Gap between the hotel and booking.com resulted in a very bad situation for the Guest
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Communication between the hotel and the booking.com was very poor and because of that the guest was insulted

Clean rooms friendly staff, nice bed , spacious room, nice...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It’s a bit outdated. Food is mediocre.

Clean rooms friendly staff, nice bed , spacious room, nice pool

Clean and comfortable

Clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Not clean. Very slow internet. Broken TV. Nosiy night club. Expensive. Bad curtains could not obscure the light

Location. Staff.

Nothing to compare to the kimpinski dubay

???? No coment

Nothing to compare to the kimpinski dubay

Not bad

Parking

View

I got an upgrade to bigger room and all the staff were...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I got an upgrade to bigger room and all the staff were friendly and great help & service

Very nice staff
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The sports bar was closed (during the World Cup!)

Very nice staff

Staff

Looks old .Access awkward

Staff

since I am pure veg I did not have much option to choose.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

since I am pure veg I did not have much option to choose. Also as indian not too much variety to choose

Best possible stay in Amman
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Everything. Special thanks to Hamza and Alaa in the front desk and Yousef in reservations

The location and the friendly staffs

The location and the friendly staffs

Short business trip
    • Business Double or Twin Room

Awkward access .Outside look.Price quality ratio high

The reception staff , all of them Amazing!!

spacious rooms, courteous staff, nice breakfast, comfy bed

spacious rooms, courteous staff, nice breakfast, comfy bed

Hotel is designed well
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff are miserable and uptight. Not friendly and not approachable.

Hotel is designed well

The hotel is clean and location is excellent
    • Executive Suite

I thought there will be more landscape for the hotel

The hotel is clean and location is excellent

• Executive Double or Twin Room

Valet parking team are driving the cars without taking care of the vehicle. They smoke inside the vehicle, and they hit the car and didn’t inform.

Great experience!
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

People at front desk is very helpfull. Very kind.

Located in the center of the city centre.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Located in the center of the city centre. All the good restaurants are walkable distance and very safe place.

Service

Poor quality or old Pillows

Poor quality or old Pillows

Nice staff, great breakfast
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Generally all good in the Kempinski

Nice staff, great breakfast

All was excellent

Great Choice !!! :)
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Great choice, the service by the staff was amazing, we would love to come back again

Unique location and very nice staff
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

the staff were extremely helpful and very nice

Spacious, clean rooms
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Nice hotel with spacious rooms but overpriced for what if offers.

Spacious, clean rooms

• Superior Double or Twin Room

WOW. I would like to thank all of you for the wonderful stay and I wish all the best for all of you my friends

Stay was unforgettable, very nice hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Very Nice Hotel and the warm welcome is unforgettable, I received a welcome drink upon check in and they sent me a nice fruit basket up to my room.