Reviews of Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea 5 stars

Sweimeh Dead Sea Road, 18186 Sowayma, Jordan

#1 of 15 hotels in Sowayma

Perfect stay
    • Superior Room

Booked a weekend in Jordan for my husband’s birthday and originally booked for one night after staying in Wadi Rum and Petra the previous nights. We loved the hotel and resort so much that we booked a new flight home and two extra nights at the resort. Mohammad on the reception was extremely helpful and made our stay more special. The pools, the views and the staff are amazing. Will definitely be back. Thank you

i recoment it pls do visit it
    • Superior Room

the price of the food too high and the service at the pool you need to give more refreshments at the pool so the visitors don't feel the hot weather

i like every thing and i have stayed more than three times and i recommend it the only thing is that the cost of the food is a little bit high so i suggest that you do something about it instead that the visitor go out side for dinner

A Piece of Heaven in a Heavenly Country.
    • Superior Room

The property is located on the shores of the Dead Sea and is within 20 minutes drive of most of the important historical sites such as the baptismal site of Jesus Christ. It is easy to view the various sites from the hotel by either arranged shuttles or by your own vehicle. The hotel itself is very luxurious and with very spacious rooms complete with a study area, sleeping area, lounge area and terrace overlooking the Dead Sea. The rooms are also luxuriously and tastefully furnished. There is a wide range of restaurants and bars on the hotel premises itself that you do not necessarily need to go out in town for dining. The staff is very professional and friendly and the Jordanian people are just fantastic. If we ever find ourselves in Jordan again, we will definitely stay at the Kempinski whilst there.

The property was clean and the staff was polite and...
    • Superior Room

The property was clean and the staff was polite and extremely helpful. Our room requests were honored and they upgraded us without hesitation. We were treated very kindly and the service was above and beyond.

Definitely coming back to stay here!

Wished we stayed longer :(

There was nothing to dislike. The staff were so helpful and friendly. The hotel had 9 different pools and was so beautiful. Food was excellent - the breakfast spread was very impressive. And our bedroom was so spacious and came with a beautiful terrace. Wowed us all the way! The staff by the poolside are stars - they oblige all guests to take stunning pictures and are always on hand to help out.

By far the most beautiful hotel in the Dead Sea, the pool,...
    • Superior Room

In-room dining needs complete overhaul, comparing other services offered by nearby hotels, it wasn’t on par. We ordered ice cream and it came in the same packaging you see at any grocery store, I mean, just put it inside a glass or something.

By far the most beautiful hotel in the Dead Sea, the pool, the staff, the atmosphere, the service, the food..etc everything was fantastic.

-Providing free water everywhere in the hotel.
    • Ishtar Superior Room

- Staff are not really welcoming and they refused having my friend visiting me to watch a world cup game. - I was eligible to fresh welcoming drink but they didn't offer it . - building works took place in front my expensive rate room which made it not romantic for my anniversary at all ( look at the photo ) - Prices are over rated for drinks , which was not good tasting at kish bar. - Bathrooms don't have water pipe which can be really annoying for us . - The infinity pool is not having a good design for people who cannot swim. - Hair dryer was not in the room , so I called the reception asking about it and they asked me to double check but it was not there , after 15 minutes instead of sending me the hair dryer they sent an employee to show me the location of the hair dryer which was missed !!!! and he went again to bring the hair dyer like I was lying to them about not finding the hair dryer. - Prices are over rated for such a facility. -Minibar is free but not rich

-Providing free water everywhere in the hotel.

The staff specially Anas & Sulaiman & Ibrahim at the...
    • Superior Room

The night band was a bit boring The barbecue dinner was too expensive

The staff specially Anas & Sulaiman & Ibrahim at the pool The cleanliness & follow up of the housekeeping The services of the hotel all around

Beautiful resort on the Dead Sea. Great buffet for dining.
    • Superior Room

Renovations currently going on down near the beach and one of the pools was closed. But there are several other pools available. Some of the silverware was dirty. This was not a one time occurrence. However, the staff replaced it promptly.

Very nice resort. Several dining options. Very large buffets, which made it great for our picky teenagers. Great for traveling as a family. Lot’s of families staying here. They offered evening “live” entertainment. However, it required a cover charge and the band was one singer and a keyboard player with prerecorded instrumentals. Don’t have high expectations and you’ll be fine. We didn’t use the spa services.

The staff were amazing, the were very helpful and proactive,...
    • Superior Room

Nothing , everything was exceptional and exceeded my expectations :)

The staff were amazing, the were very helpful and proactive, the provided us with everything we need and more :) A huge thanks for Shahir for making the check in experience amazing . I will definitely recommend it to friends and family :)

We paid lots of money and the hotel’s employees are not so...
    • Superior Room

We paid lots of money and the hotel’s employees are not so good and not welcoming. I went to Dead Sea five times to Marriott and HolidayInn and they are much better and cost less . Rooms aren’t so clean and the furniture needs to be maintained. No special offers for the customers in hotel’s restaurant like other five star hotels there and the dinner costs more than 50$ for each person. I visited Marriott Dead Sea before and i will keep going, and I won’t go to Kempinski hotel again .

Kempinski failed my expectations.
    • Superior Room

Not wheelchair/stroller friendly. We had to carry the stroller going up and down the stairs. Hotel is a little bit worn out, and poorly maintained. On the second day of our stay, they didnt serve breakfast in the main building. We had to go to another building to have breakfast, where they asked us to leave our 3months old baby outside because strollers are not allowed inside the restaurant!!!! Alot of pools, however i dont think they have an olympic pool where you could have a proper swim. Very annoying sound in our room, could be the elevator or a water pump. The bed and pillows were not comfortable at all!

Very friendly staff, and amazing service. They let us check in at 9:15 because we had our little baby with us. Breakfast was very rich and served until 11. They give free bottled water on the pools. They offered free watermelon on the pools. Free mini bar! And they refill every day.

Staff from security to lifeguard they know how to deal with everyone ,very good
    • Superior Room

Every thing was perfect , breakfast was good Thank you Evan and Christina, everyone thank you , reception staff they give more luxury for the hotel , Waleed and he is team thank you for a good service, Abedalkreem in the bar was helpful and nice ., Everyone thank you.

it was my first time a the dead sea, i liked it but i was disappointed in some aspects

the main problem we countered me and a group of friends (we were a big group of couples attending a marriage) is the service at the facilities but it was the a management problem not staff, we were staying at the infinity pool so they come to us and say u need to leave by six to prepare for dinner i could understand that since a restaurant and they need to prepare although i dont think they that much time to do, so we move to the other pool where there is the bar and the restaurant and imagine the surprise they they informed us that it is also closed so no drinks no food not even ice cream or coffee at 7pm which is the time of sunset the best time to relax and have a nice drink !!! we are around 10 we were gonna spend a decent amount to have a nice drink at the pool but because of the rules this pool closes at 7 although it is not preparing for something at night. One more important thing the beach is not worthy of a 5 stars hotel to be fair u can do a lot of things with it and make a lot more money out of it Regards

the hotel is really nice the rooms are big and clean the staff is very helpful and nice the food ranges from average to delicious the facilities (mainly the pools are nice)

The rooms and the facilities are fantastic

The food was not within standards nor at the the level of a 5 star hotel. Pool bas has very small limited menu which is unappealing

The rooms and the facilities are fantastic

Wonderful stay !

Nothing. All was wonderful

The hotel is very luxurious, the room is so spacious. Staff very helpful. Everything was perfect. The variety of swimming pools is great one more populated , another more quiet. Food was great.

Enjoyable Stay
    • Ishtar Superior Room

At times service was really slow and we had to constantly bug for the waiter's attention. You need to get a new belly dancer it was enjoyable for the wrong reasons , does not know how to dance

The band at Ishtar she is always amazing with an incredible voice, the pools and the amazing views. Towels boys are commendable

Facilities are very nice
    • Ishtar Terrace Room

Services are very poor, I was about to leave the hotel because of the bad services and treatment Arrived there at 3:00 pm, check in too about 1:30 hrs. I entered the room at 4:45 pm 2 hours later, AC stoped working and they changed my room. It took 2 hours to move to the new one. Literally l lost the first days - 2nd day I ordered my lunch in room. Once finished I put the food tray out side my room beside the door. The tray stayed there for two days despite the repeated calls - Food are not that good but toooo expensive (two sandwiches, one juice two Turkish coffee =100 $) Check out took 45 mns. I also picked up my car my self from the parking In general I had a very bad experience. It was my first and last visit to this hotel

Facilities are very nice

not what we expected
    • Superior Room

very expensive plus i paid in cash and they still hold a sum from my credit card i informed them they told me they re working on it i m thinking to take a legal action against them

What has annoyed me they did not respect the agreed rate ,i...

The afformentioned .

What has annoyed me they did not respect the agreed rate ,i was charged more on second day ,reason as per them it was eid day,they did not mention that when price was quoted.

Outstanding hotel for the Dead Sea! Thoughtful service and immaculate facilities.

The hotel was immaculate, and, well maintained. Service was strong all around, and very friendly. We appreciated the changing rooms available as we checked out of the room at 1PM (they provided a late check out), and we had an 8PM flight out of Amman. So, after check out, we were able to enjoy the pool and beach, and then shower and change in the changing rooms. The beach is very nice for what it is. It provides a very leisurely opportunity to experience the Dead Sea. Bottled water is provided, along with towel service.

Fabulous
    • Ishtar Superior Room

I’d really like the GM for the hotel He us really a role model for following on the whole hotel areas I saw him on the reception checking all the work there and he carried customer bag .And I also saw him collecting empty bottles What service do you expect from hotel if the GM is humble for the hat extreem

- Nice pools
    • Superior Room

- The restaurants are super expensive - No electric plug next to bed to charge the phone - Not enough umbrellas at the infinity pool

- Nice pools - Variety of food in breakfast - Helpful Staff

The room was big and was super clean, the staff is very...
    • Superior Room

The breakfast could be better

The room was big and was super clean, the staff is very helpful in whatever we needed, the pools were always clean and supervised, even the beach was a great experience with the dead sea and mud experience where you can have towels and water there as well, no need to grab anything with you !

Exceptional service by great staff trumps
    • Superior Room

The junior suite was a bit dark and my request for an additional standing lamp was handled immediately with no fuss.

Exceed expectations-facilities of about 4 swimming pools including an exceptional infinity pool, services from the F&B staff at the Italian and main restaurants, variety and selection of food and cuisine, timeliness of service. Active life guards at all pool. Nice pathway to float in the Dead Sea. Golf buggy to ferry you around this multiple level resorts. Even thou there are lots of guests you can still have your own space!

A pleasent stay could be excellent if the food was good
    • Superior Room

The quality of the food and the taste , specially the buffet is not good., honestly, the food is not good at all and not up to expectations in such resort.

I liked the services provided all over the facility, specially @ the pool.

very fast service from the staff, amazing facilities, pools,...
    • Ishtar Superior Room

The hotel beach is not good comparing to the facilities, too long walking distance, bad stairs, and untidy beach.

very fast service from the staff, amazing facilities, pools, and restaurants.

Beautiful “garden”, great ambience, first class but not...

Ng

Beautiful “garden”, great ambience, first class but not pushing service, fantastic breakfast on the terrace with chill music and dead-sea overview- would stay every time there again - and I will for sure

Mediocre compared to other 5 Star hotels I’ve stayed at.
    • Superior Room

The facility was old and dated. Showers didn’t consistently stay at one temperature. We requested non-smoking and when we arrived they upgraded our room to a suite in a smoking room without getting our approval or notifying us. They ended up changing our room back but still tried to charge us extra at check out. I won’t recommend staying here. They only had one towel per person in the room as well.

The spa service (although over priced) and the golf cart service for navigating and moving around the large property. Breakfast buffet was pretty good as well.

Not worth the money
    • Superior Room

One of the pools was under construction, which we wasn't pre warned about. One of the restaurants was closed because of Ramadan, but we wasn't pre warned. The food is very expensive and everything has 7% tax and 10% service charge on top. Alcohol also has a further tax of 16%, so you cant go by the prices in the menu. Check in was below expectation as they didn't advise us of the restaurant closer or the swimming pool. Check out was bad as they wont book a normal taxi for you and will only provide their own cars which charge double the going rate. So therefore I had to go online and book my own taxi to the airport. I also fed back that we wasn't happy with the facilities and no good well gesture was offered. Also the food is terrible quality in the Italian restaurant. Therefore every night we had to eat in the buffet as the only other restaurant was the Asian but this was closed for Ramadan

The beds and sunbeds are super comfy. The restaurant and bar staff are great.

Everything at a kempinski Dead Sea is beyond perfect.
    • Superior Room

Everything at a kempinski Dead Sea is beyond perfect. Service/ location/ views/food/room/ comfort/ cleanliness etc. I am sure you cannot find any better.

Pure luxury!
    • Superior Room

It is quite expensive. There was conflicting reports over whether the Codes restaurant was open- slightly surprised that the staff didn't know. Took a while to get our car and luggage back when we were leaving.

Second time staying here- fabulous rooms, great staff, the spa is amazing. We love it!

Disapointing. I have stayed here many times before but will never book at the weekend again.
    • Ishtar Superior Room

The hotel was too busy and the staff/facilitites were not able to cope. Too many children around, not enough sunbeds, we booked a non-smoking room but the room had definitely occupied smokers before us. The buffet in the evening was mediocre at best and over priced. Actually this is the same feedback for the cocktails at the bar. I dont mind paying inflated hotel prices but please ensure quality ! I have stayed at the hotel many times before but the hotel and staff do not have the capacity to work in the luxury end of the market when at full capacity. They are not able to execute any of the special touches (e.g. sunglass cleaning, fresh fruit and towels at the pool) that usually sets the Kempinski apart from the competition. It was too busy to be relaxing, children everywhere. When you pay 240 JDs a night the least you should expect is easy access to a sunbed by the pool ! I usually only ever stay at the Kempinski, but unfortunately I will be looking else where next time.

The staff are friendly, especially the breakfast staff, and attentive when they have the time. When we complained about no sunbeds the Lady in Red customer service dealt with the issue quickly and satisfactorily. The Ishtar rooms are well located for the pools, restaurants and Dead Sea. The champagne at breakfast.

Everything is just tiptop!
    • Superior Room

The hotel could be bit more brighter lit, especially the room.

Everything is just tiptop! Room, view, service, food, staff, access to the Dead Sea, pool, flexibility of the hotel, attitude toward feedback! Will for sure stay again and definitely recommend !

Better options available
    • Superior Room

The hotel is overrated. Unfortunately it did not live up to its highly accredited reputation. Firstly, the staff weren't friendly, a little rushed to assist you and move on. Secondly, the hotel seemed fully booked so it impacted on getting spaces by the pools but surely the hotel should anticipate this and find a way to either accommodate all or not allow for overbooking. I mention this because we walked around between each of the pools for a half hour, each one telling us it's full, until finally staff pulled out extra sun loungers for us at the infinity pool. Thirdly, who designed the infinity pool? It's terrible! Really should be reconsidered...strange steep flooring inside the pool where you continue to slip over and over and over again. How that isn't a health and safety hazard, is beyond me!? Fourthly, getting a room in the kempinski Ishtar spa area - it was a bit of a trek to get to any of the pools, even with the carts assisting. There were few or badly posted signs to get anywhere inside the hotel as well. Finally, the beach area wasn't very well facilitated with showers or as much as other hotels in the area. All in all, I was surprised the hotel wasn't all it was made up to be by others.

It was clean, and the room was nice.

The breakfast was very nice, the service in the hotel was...
    • Superior Room

One of the restaurants was closed for renovation and the dinner/lunch options (when it comes to quality of the other 3 options inside the hotel) were not up to the hotel standards (*****). In order to get a nice meal (even for my birthday dinner) we left the hotel a few times.

The breakfast was very nice, the service in the hotel was always attentive to details. They were thoughtful to even send me a birthday cake to the room... very nice service overall.

Unforgettable Short Experience
    • Superior Room

More indoor activities should be considered should nothing is available for touring or nightlife outside the hotel's area.

Amazing caring staff with fabulous facilities & Spa.

Our stay was excellent.
    • Ishtar Terrace Room

I didn't like that the mugs in our room were supposed to be clean and were flipped over and ready to use. When I picked up the mug, it appeared to be very dirty - it was not washed, and it was clearly used. I also did not like the walk to the beach, it was very uncomfortable.. the hotel should place tiles or something else all the way to the breach. As for the food in the restaurant by the infinity pool, it is super expensive and there is no variety, it is not at all recommended. I would expect much more from a five star hotel.

I liked the room, the breakfast, and the pool. The staff was super friendly. I liked that the hotel offered free cold water at the pool.

Huge swimming pools.
    • Superior Room

My room was in the main building it was very loud and noisy i couldnt sleep sometimes .. they should put a noise insulator at the doors or walls. The breakfast was average but dont arrive late because few items might be finished which i didn't expect at a hotel like kempinski. Surprisingly they dont change the towels,shampoo and housekeeping stuff unless you tell them to do so. At that price i expected that they do it when they clean the room without asking. It is very very very expensive to eat and drink at the pool so be prepared for that and by the way the food is less than average at the hotel except the italian restaurent. Unfortunately, be prepared to hear babies crying all the time .. i came to relax but it turned out to hear babies crying literary all day.

Huge swimming pools. Music band and the dancer at night. The spa is the best spa i have ever been too at a hotel.

Nice resort, very expensive though
    • Superior Room

Rooms really need an update. We were asked if we wanted an upgrade to the "village" (closer to the pools and beach) but the room itself did not feel like an upgrade. It was just a bit shabby with doors not closing and roughed up cupboards and such. Too bad really for almost EUR 400 a night. Very expensive resort, but you pay for the easy beach access + mud bath and nice staff.

Lovely breakfast with champagne! Good bathroom. Nice pools and facilities, although a big complex that is not easily navigated. Good italian and oriental restaurant on site, but they could do something about the decor (real candles etc) to make it feel more five star. Very nice staff, very helpful. They drive you around with buggies which is quite fun. Also family friendly, but mostly young couples at pools during the day. Good pool cocktails :)

Worst experience ever, I dont recommend the hotel at all
    • Superior Room

Staff are very rude, very unprofessional, not helpful, food quality is very bad. Hotel staff are untrained, unprofessional and shouldnt be in position to interact with guests. The worst customer service ever, they do reflect a very bad image about the country infront of foreigners. One of the staff at the pool bar shouted very loudly at my friend infront of everyone because he asked for an extra bucket of ice and wanted to charge us for that! The rooms at the main building are very bad, the balcony is very ugly, high walls and you cant even see anything because of the bunch of trees infront of it. All restaurants close early even on weekends, we orderded in-room dining, I recieved my pasta very cold and it wasnt even covered! The quality of food is just very bad.

Nothing at all

The best hotel in the Dead Sea - yet with room for improvement
    • Superior Room

We were beyond disappointed with the check-in staff. It took them 1,5 hours to get as a room ready and 30 minutes of incompetence to give us the keys!! (The hotel is big but not that big... it took me only 5 minutes to cross it, after having waited for 30 minutes to reach reception again and pick up the keys myself). Other than that we were also quite disappointed with their buffet. 30% more expensive than the one at the Red Sea Kempinski and definitely not better. We tried one of their restaurants at lunch but weren’t much impressed either.

We were both at the Hilton and the Dead Sea Kempinski and the latest is without doubt worth it‘s reputation. Much more classier and with enough pools so that you can always enjoy the feeling of an intimate experience. The private villas are quite something too. Also, although not always at the level you would expect for a 5-stars, the staff was clearly better than the staff at Hilton (which was overall a disaster with 1 exception).

DJ by the infinity pool techno music non stopa killer it is...
    • Superior Room

DJ by the infinity pool techno music non stopa killer it is not a relaxing spot the music was too loud and the rooms reoairs and work drilling was too noisy

Very good hotel but ...

I will not elaborate much because negative comments repeat in various reviews. Hotel has a strong CRM program to respond; pity is that those issues are not properly addressed within the hotel. - reception should be managed more effectively - food in restaurants is very much overpriced and most of it is very average. Italian restaurant is the only one that meets expectations of 5 star hotel. Do not recommend ordering a fish, do not recommend going to The Codes restaurant. - bathrooms & toilet equipment must be enhanced [clean but rather basic]

Very nice hotel. Rooms are spacious and clean. We definitively enjoyed the stay.

Beyond believable...stunning place, amazing stay, thanks so much
    • Superior Room

nothing, really...maybe the long walks around, got bit lost sometimes, maybe improve the signposting. Didn't like so much to valet my car, but maybe that's just me.

Oustanding, as always...breakfast, staff, attentiveness, location, premises...we stayed for one night, as a family present for mine and my daughter's birthday, and we were blown away. Even the dinner at the hotel was surprisingly cheap, given the amenities and luxury

I have never been so impressed by a hotel.
    • Superior Room

I got a room with two beds and asked for an additional bed and paid 77 JOD which I thought was bit much for the bed since it was not that comfortable. But the hotel was just so gorgeous that I forgot about all that when I left the room.

I have never been so impressed by a hotel. The service, decor, cleanliness, and food were impeccable.

Very good
    • Ishtar Deluxe Room

Some of the staff weren't very knowledgeable about the services. List of additional amenities that were in the brochure weren't available when requested.

Good facilities with nice rooms.

The view.
    • Ishtar Terrace Room

I had to ask 3 times to get a roll away bed. They took our towels and didn’t replace them. When I complained they just said sorry ... The price of the items in the souvenir shops.. like the sunscreen.

The view. The pool. Facilities are great.

Not worth the premium price. The resort needs a lot of fixing!!

the rooms need a lot of fixing, from the toilet flushing system to the terrace door, the bed very poor quality, everything in the room looked of a very poor quality but rather new. not up to 5 stars standards. I frankly rather pay half price and stay in one of the older hotels next door than paying a premium price $350 per night at Kempinski. Food at the Obelix restaurant was very average not up to a 5 stars buffet at all, generally poor food choices and quality. we had breakfast and dinner there

The resort site is nice overall but still missing a lot and very far from a 5 stars experience, being there feels like everything is not finished or is still work in progress. the only thing we liked is the round shape infinity pool and pool bar...

i lost my parking ticket ,and the man outside start blaming...
    • Superior Room

i lost my parking ticket ,and the man outside start blaming me for that and told me how do i know this car is your, i told him you can check the car is registered in my name and here is my id card , but he was talking in an disrespectful way and not like an employee of an esteem hotel such as Kempinski, after that i couldn't handle myself and i started screaming and shouting, then he start treating me like a gust, so kempinski do i have to scream at your employee do be treated like a gust?

The facility is amazing, the garden beautiful and a with a...

The set in the lobby could be improved to me warmer and cosy. The dead sea access beach could be really improved.

The facility is amazing, the garden beautiful and a with a very good service. The Asian restaurant Chef is really a great chef, his cuisine is amazing!

Amazing get away to reguvenate your self
    • Ishtar Deluxe Room

Everything the whole hotel was amazing. The staff were beyond friendly and very accommodating. We were so happy with everything from the breakfast to the dead sea to the pool to the spa to the gym that is open for 24 hours.

Had a wonderful time at Kempinski Dead Sea. Would definitely visit again.
    • Superior Room

The DJ/Music at the infinity pool. Wasn't very peaceful/relaxing with the loud/type of music...poor music selection. The property has a lot of stairs/walking. This might be difficult for older people. Breakfast buffet good variety...needed better cleanup during the rush.

Loved the infinity pool and the Dead Sea. The property was taken care of very well. The employees were very friendly.

Relaxing
    • Superior Room

Breakfast service was poor - had to ask 4 times to get a coffee!

Lots of areas to relax from the pools to the beach where we could float in the dead sea.

Kempinski ishtar review
    • Superior Room

Most of the staff were welcoming and friendly(especially Ivan) except for people on the front desk. The room didnt include bathrobes, ironing tools and enough towels. Electricy plugs were quite limited. Bar cocktails were poor in quality and very low in alcohol. We understand it was a bit hard to get an early check in but it was unacceptable we didnt get a slightly late checkout despite the high availability of rooms.

The SPA experience was amazing. It is a bit expensive but very worthy. The food was excellent but yet quite costy. The hotel facilities are awesome, the view is wonderdull.

Good location, nice view, excellent Italian food, easy to...
    • Superior Room

While checked in, the reception guy recommended villa stay, because we hesitated and finally we rejected the villa stay and insisted our previous reservation, then he told us there was no high floor room for us, only ground floor. The food of pool side is not good at all. The facilities in the room are not good enough.

Good location, nice view, excellent Italian food, easy to access the private Dead Sea beach for floating with mud, great swimming pool. Good service in beach and pool.

Quite good but pricey
    • Superior Room

dinner and breakfast buffet cost more than the other 5 stars hotels in the area and it was less variety and small choices .. could have been better, The night show wasn't that great too we waited a lot of time to have a table , plus no hair dryer in the bathroom ..

pool and staff very nice

We stayed at a poolside villa. Location couldn't be better. Would stay here again.
    • Superior Room

Room furniture needs attention, some loose fittings here and there. Would do with furnishing upgrade.

Exceptionally helpful staff, would go an extra mile to make you comfortable. Ambience exudes luxury. Attention to details in customer care. Resort layout. Its private yet exciting.

The Kempinski Ishtar is a fantastic hotel to which we...
    • Ishtar Superior Room

The Kempinski Ishtar is a fantastic hotel to which we spontaneously returned at the end of our round trip. The hotel is beautifully designed and equipped with everything you might hope for. The rooms and all other facilities are clean. The food is of a very good quality, even though at breakfast there could be a bit more variation. The staff is motivated and very eager to cater to all needs and wishes. Specifically, the guards and assistants at the beach are very kind and patient with everybody, for example helping elderly people into the waters and out. Sometimes, however, the motivaton goes a bit too far: In the breakfast restaurant, it wouldn´t be necessary to be asked four times by founr different people whether everything was ok. As mentioned by others before, starting in the early afternoon there´s a DJane with techno/house music entertaining guests baking in the sun of the main pool, which can also be heard in the adjacent rooms. Also, housekeeping could be a bit more organized. It didn´t happen only once that either towels or toilet paper were missing and had to be ordered with the concierge. But despite those little deficits we had two great stays there and have already been thinking about returning next year. P.S. If anybody feels just a bit adventurous, there´s a beautiful wadi to be explored just north of the hotel, between the hotel area and the convention center. Once you´re a couple of hundred meters past the flood protection system, it becomes truly spectacular with towering walls on both sides of the narrowing gorge, a constantly running creek, lush vegetation (in springtime) and some boulders to climb over or around.

spacious rooms

crawling insects tv weak signal mini bar has only liquids no snacks entertainment is at a price smelly towels slow service at Italian restaurant

spacious rooms food variety and quality venue greenery and architecture cleanliness Generosity at pool side (cold towels and complimentary fruits and water)

It was great! Beautiful hotel, almost all the staff were very friendly and smiling
    • Ishtar Deluxe Room

The food was quite exspensive, especially just the drink that came with a meal added up to 10 extra JD in a blink. And They could restock the fruits in the room more often, it only got filled the first day and over the 3 days we were there never refilled

The man and lady in red Ivan and Maria were amazing. They were so friendly, helpful and kind. They took my mother of 75 in under their wings and gave her an unforgettable stay.

Fantabulous Experience

Just saying for 1 day !

Beatiful views and awesome Breakfast ! Very close to Baptisim Site and a decent mall is just 5min drive away. Possibly the best stay we have had comparing the best hotels in Dubai ! Very courteous and well trained staff from the moment you reach the hotel ! PS.You will feel bad if your stay is short

Nothing beats the Dead Sea Kempinski
    • Superior Room

Excluding breakfast , food value for money is not good at all. Many food items in the various restaurants look very tempting on the menu but taste poorly when we tried them, and remain very expensive ...

The hotel design on planning level down to the smallest details is of high standard. The landscape design is amazing and providing several breathtaking views towards the Dead Sea by design is highly appreciated.

A very beautiful hotel with nice view and amazing gardens!
    • Superior Room

I would prefer more lights in the room.

Big room, tasteful public areas with amazing gardens and pools, very nice view, direct access to Dead Sea with helpful staff.

An outstanding and memorable experience of the Dead Sea.

The room was not ready for the advertised check in time of 15:00

The location and facilities are excellent for access to the Dead Sea. Staff are exceptionally accommodating and friendly.

Best hotel in Dead Sea.

No welcome drink, as stated on booking.com reservation details. Unpleasant staff. Staff is unaware of the room's size. Had to pay for an extra bed. Although I told the receptionist that the room "Junior Suit" takes an additional adult.

The facilities are great, food is great, 2 warmed pools for kids.

Amazing views
    • Superior Room

We had originally booked a 3 night stay with the Hilton but checked in for 1 night & checked straight out. The service was that poor. I then booked 2 nights at the Kempinksi & right from the valet before we'd even entered the hotel the service was already on another level. They were so efficient, attentive & welcoming. We got upgraded to a sea view which was awesome, thanks to Dana in reception. The bar staff, restaurant staff, valet & the concierge were all 5 star employees. I'd definitely stay at another Kempinski hotel again after this hotel experience.

Luxurious hotel directly at the Dead Sea
    • Superior Room

It was quite noisy during the night. The rooms are badly insulated which made it difficult to get a good night's sleep.

Beautiful hotel with a private beach and a heated pool. Food was surprisingly good for a buffet.

Bathroom full of ants and over the benches where we place...
    • Ishtar Superior Room

Bathroom full of ants and over the benches where we place our tooth brushes. We asked for our room to be changed but they claimed they had full occupancy! We expected a better treatment as it is very expensive hotel compared to the neighboring hotels.

Shocking stay!
    • Superior Room

Staff didn't allow a guest to join me for a few drinks as the don't have a room in the hotel, was embarressing! Checking in took 45 minutes and wasn't allowed the keys to the room until my guests leave. Really shocking experience from a whats called 5 star hotel!

Facilities are great

Facilities- pools, restaurants, beach are all great as our...
    • Superior Room

Although the room was large and comfortable it was a little dated, lots of small scratches on furniture and wardrobes a little rickety.

Facilities- pools, restaurants, beach are all great as our the staff. Lots of nice little extras - free soft drinks and water at pools, other niceties like cool face towels, etc.

Overall a good experience, wish the staff were more friendly. Albeit we experienced this everywhere
    • Superior Room

Limited restaurant availability. Waited 1.5hrs for food. Staff at check-in unfriendly.

Large room, good bathroom, great shower. Super pools. Great feeling of space and tranquility despite the large property. Wonderful breakfast. Staff could be a bit more friendly.

Best hotel this side of the Dead Sea.
    • Ishtar Deluxe Room

Some details in deluxe rooms require updating... service staff are trying hard no doubt but small issues like how the sheets cover the bed, etc., require more attention by senior management. Having works ongoing on a part of the property was a minor nuisance.

Best hotel this side of the Dead Sea. The spa is a must-visit, with an excellent masseuse from Thailand by the name Tina whom you definitely want on the job. Staff on the beach is extraordinarily professional and helpful. Ivan is a very welcoming host - you'll meet him at mealtimes and at check-in/checkout. All in all, very memorable.

Hotel was good but hoping next time if
    • Executive Suite

we booked for 2 Junior Suite rooms and already requested for connecting or room next to each other but they gave us 2 junior suite far from each other literally on the opposite end of the hall. they offered a low rate room next to the junior suite and they will NOT refund the excess amount for downgrading our room!

Great except for Check In and Receptionist
    • Superior Room

The receptionist was very rude .He needs more training on how to deal with guests .It was very complicated to get two interconnected rooms (as I have young kids) .Request was communicated to hotel before my arrival.This receptionist destroyed my day 1 .His way was not polite .It is really important for such a great hotel to train receptionists more on how to deal with guests ..My experience with Kempiniski was always great before inside and outside Jordan.

Excellent landscape ,food and pools .

Browse Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea traveller photo gallery