Reviews of Le Royal Amman 5 stars

3rd Circle, Zahran Street, 11183 Amman, Jordan

#81 of 194 hotels in Amman

Very bad
    • Deluxe Room King Size

breakfast awful and very expensive entry to hotel difficult for pedestrians staff not nice very expensive for what it is

Many extra costs not announced : city tax, paying breakfast, etc. Overall, nearly 200 USD per night, not worth at all

Excellent hotel.
    • Deluxe Room King Size

Some of the areas need refurbishment as it aged with years, bathrooms and showers are very clean, but can do with newer tools and kits, and showers can be improved to match the rest of the luxury theme.

The hotel is one of the most luxurious hotels in Amman for years, it was one of the first to raise the luxury standards in the city, facilities and restaurants and bars are top notch.

not like what i ecpected
    • Deluxe Room King Size

From the beginning:- 1- the receptionist: I believe a hotel who has a reputation like Le Royal should have an employee which gives you at least a smile, even once we completed the signing in the hotel, he gave us the key without sending someone to show us the room or take the luggage 2- the room: A) the room was way different comparing with what been shown on booking when I booked the room, B) room was prepared for one person only not for two persons C) the couch was so dirty with spots on it D) dust was all around the bathroom 3- Valet: I spent about 15 minutes to pick my car waiting the valet employee to bring the car

The hotel's reputation is amazing, and the spa was good in general, the view from the room was great specially at night with the great lights shown on front of us, TV is good, bed was amazing and comfy

i dont think i will check-in there again.
    • Deluxe Room Twin Beds

I was very surprised with the quality and overall condition of the rooms. I had to change my room because the window was not closed properly, and instead they used clear tape to close the window frames????11 i had kids with me and we were at the 13th floor...very old furniture, or not maintained very well.. when you rate your hotel as a 5 star then it should represent a five star hotel. cigarette smell was all over the floor and the rooms. cleaning is very very bad. i wouldn't give the hotel more than 3 star hotel.

location was ok. hotel entrance is the only well maintained area. wedding hall was very nice.

Very Highly Recommended. Worth Every Penny
    • Deluxe Room King Size

Nothing really. Although the pool bar and area was not of the same standard as the rest of the hotel - that said, there was absolutely nothing wrong with it.

This is an excellent hotel. With the right balance of formal/relaxed mix and truly attentive staff, the facilities are excellent and the restaurants are a real highlight. I would highly recommend this hotel, be it for business of leisure travel. So much so that I intend to stay there again during a forth-coming vacation.

Business Travel
    • Deluxe Room King Size

Staff didn't attend my request to change my room. I requested the same due to loud music from the hotels venue showing the FIFA matches. On checkin my colleague was given a room upgrade, while I was not. I was the one who actually recommended this hotel to my colleague, since I stayed here previously. Was very unfair.

The Spa is very good

Nice view, clean room and hotel is luxurious.
    • Deluxe Room King Size

I noticed that the window can easily be open and it has no lock. If young children accompanied, then careful is needed.

Nice view, clean room and hotel is luxurious. Includes solid security check for cars and people, and this gives the feeling of being secure.

I booked business suite and it was very clean, wide ,...
    • Deluxe Room King Size

No phone charger if you forgot yours

I booked business suite and it was very clean, wide , comfortable and with nice city view - specially at night - but be sure you book rooms at upper floors to enjoy the view. I also like the idea for lounge area with free snacks and drinks at lunch and dinner time :) you can make late checkout easily.

Good hotel all in all.
    • Deluxe Room King Size

Breakfast had a lot of variety but the egg station was manned by poorly trained staff fishing out tasteless and visually disturbing dishes. No Soy milk for breakfast for lactose intolerant guests.

nice pool and spa. comfortable rooms good location.

Nice stay at Amman
    • Executive Suite

The color of the furniture . The furniture looks old , although it's not, the carpets are classical

The service, the staff, and the food were at my expectations

Hotel need new management and new employees it’s still on it old style since open in 1999
    • Deluxe Room King Size

Housekeeping not professional.the reception staff not professional they charged my bill with 330 jd by credit card then they said we didn’t find it in your bill that’s not trusty way

The bar at foor 10 with great view

The aquarium near the cafe was pretty.
    • Deluxe Room King Size

They tried to charge us for the room at check out even though we had already paid.

The aquarium near the cafe was pretty. The beds were comfy and had a nice view of Amman.

Location was good
    • Deluxe Room King Size

Unfortunately when we were there on the first night we both ended up getting bitten during the night so much so between us we had 20 bites there was no sound of any mosquitoes so we rang down as could only come to the conclusion that there was bed bugs we were moved that day and from then on no more bites but not what I expected to happen in a 5 star hotel

Location was good

The view from our balcony was amazing!
    • Business Suite

All the staff was amazing and really friendly, only on the 23th floor where you can get drinks, snacks, dinner etc.. was one guy we didn't like, he acted like we were wasting his time with our questions which made me uncomfortable to be at that floor.

The view from our balcony was amazing! The room was excellent and the breakfast was beyond my expectations! Having a lot included in our booking was a great surprise.

amazing place
    • Deluxe Room King Size

everything. big compliments to Angelina at the reception and Muahmad in the 10th floor restaurant. Really amazing and understanding people with open mind and sharp courtesy.

Very Average Hotel
    • Deluxe Room King Size

They didn't have towels or robes for us. We had to call room service. We requested tooth brushes that took over 20min to get. The Sauna wasn't hot they didn't have the bowls to splash water on the hot rocks. I don't even think the steam room was working.

The breakfast and the coffee was nice the staff were helpful.

Perfect!
    • Deluxe Room King Size

Manger went out of her way to fix a small problem during check-in - offered me a complimentary dinner. That delicious dinner turned out to be one of the highlights of my stay. Loved the Spa and my room was perfect.

Clean, great staff, very good breakfast.
    • Deluxe Room King Size

Nothing negative, it met or exceeded our expectations.

Clean, great staff, very good breakfast. Loved the pool and jacuzzi. Great restaurant on 2nd floor but we were the only guests at lunch which seemed somewhat strange.

It was all great. I enjoyed all the facilities at the hotel especially the spa.
    • Royal Club Room King Size

The bed linen was torn and need to be replaced with new one.

The staff welcoming. The city view from my room was spectacular. The hospitality at the royal club.

Ultimate luxury! Didn't want to leave.
    • Deluxe Room King Size

We booked Le Royal because we wanted to just sunbake and swim and wind down after a crazy few weeks backpacking. Unfortunately, the outdoor pool was closed for winter. There was no mention of this anywhere until after we'd checked in.

Ultimate luxury after backpacking thru Egypt and & Jordan with my adult son for 3 weeks. Paid for the recommended upgrade for a room on 22nd floor and use of the Royal Club Lounge on the 23rd floor. So glad we did!

Ok stay
    • Deluxe Room King Size

The bar featured in the hotel pictures on booking.com (with a great view) was unfortunately closed and opening only mid April.. given that it was the key reason that we booked this hotel, it was quite disappointing. There are many hotels in immediate vicinity that are similar or even better value for money. Other than that bar, there was nothing about le Royal that made it stand out.

Breakfast was quite good, especially the falafel. Check in was quick and the staff very nice and welcoming. Good location.

One of the best luxury hotels in Amman with a heritage.
    • Deluxe Room King Size

A little more expensive than it should be.

Amazing views from the rooms ! Spacious rooms with ultra comfortable bed. Good facilities in the bathroom as well. Very good breakfast.

Fair hotel, maybe slightly overpriced for the aging furniture and infrastructure
    • Deluxe Room King Size

Leaking taps in the bathroom Non-functional hair-dryer that took four days to repair Smell of cigarette smoke in the lobby

Location Room size Fitness and pool Breakfast buffet

Helpful staff.
    • Deluxe Room King Size

1) Booked two rooms with max occupancy of 2 adult and one child for each (for family of 5 people) and I was surprised when arrived that o need to pay extra for my child 9 yrs!! 2) out door swimming pool not operational. 3) surprise surprise: in door swimming pool not allowed for children under 16 even with parents supervision!! 4) Ivy coffee which is the main lobby hall area downstairs for smoker and the non smoking area is very small in a hidden area, will be setting infront of a bank. 5) Room cleanings is regular but the standard needs improvement. 6) Breakfast menu is good but is fixed, we stayed for 9 days, exactly the same items in the same place.

Helpful staff. Convenient location Early check for in Quite room

I'd spent a great time at Le Royal Hotel and it would never be my last time.
    • Deluxe Room King Size

The room key card was not working accordingly and I'd faced a bit difficulty reaching my room.

I like the Lobby so much and the staff working there. The room was neat, clean and well organised. I like the city view from the room.

Wonderful service, high quality hotel
    • Deluxe Room King Size

I was a little surprised at the exchange rate as it was considerably worse than the general rate (for USD at least), which was a shame as we would have definitely changed money there otherwise.

Overall the hotel was really wonderful. The facilities and choice of restaurants were great. The pools were nice, although it was unclear where the women's changing rooms were as the staff didn't inform, so always best to ask :). The breakfast was really varied and tasty. The room was perfect, and the service in general was very good. It's a very expensive place to stay, but for the quality of the hotel it is worth it.

You may find other hotels with better deals.
    • Business Suite

The bath sink was broken when I told housekeeping about it they sent a maintenance guy who didn’t help or do anything to fix it. The food quality wasn’t good. For such prices you expect alot more.

The view from my room was breathtaking, staff were friendly.

Clean functional most of the staff were excellent spoiled by a few
    • Royal Club Room King Size

The beer kheller staff was more interesting in organising the tables for the next day than taking care of the guest.he was setting the table for the next day that I was sitting at, felt like I had outstayed my welcome only 10:00pm. Had to wait for anyone to be behind the bar

It was ok but not what I would expect for the price

the best hotel for family and couple
    • Deluxe Room King Size

Well wished if the location somewhere to AL MAdina or Makkah RD or connected to a shopping mall

friendly and clean . the room is very clean and seems newly renovated

Iraqi Staring contest welcomes you
    • Deluxe Room King Size

Quality of place, quality of service and guests!

Dated, staff promise something and does nothing, lobby full of hookers and iraqis who think they are in staring contest!

Nice location with very nice equipment and services (gym,...
    • Royal Club Room Twin Beds

First room had a major issue with window that opens alone without locking system (we were on the 22nd floor which was very dangerous for the kids). Anyway another room has been proposed.

Nice location with very nice equipment and services (gym, breakfast, lounge).

Pleasure and enjoyment stay

The location of hotel

Very lovely and comfortable hotel , wide loby , smillng receptients staff specially Mr Ehab and miss Rawan , and Miss Maya . All the satff are helpfull and supported . The Le Royal is my vaforate stayment . I really enjoy and feeling pleasure . Thanks Le Royal .

They told us that if we upgrade and take a higher room and...
    • Deluxe Room King Size

They told us that if we upgrade and take a higher room and pay more money we will get breakfast, lunch & dinner. we expected to get a proper lunch and found out that it's the same pastries and food buffet we had on breakfast , and the same goes for dinner. We had to eat outside even though we've paid for the meals.

Good stay in general.
    • Deluxe Room King Size

The front office staff was not welcoming The ironing board was stinking from the smell of smoke. I did put it out of the room.

The location and the room

Generally my stay was poor
    • Deluxe Room King Size

The room was bad.bath room was bad. Wardrobe is so difficult to be opened.the carpet on the floor was so old dirty that you couldn't walk on with bare foot.even the windows was dirty.restaurants(Shehrayar) was bad .

My was not that good. The stuff was so co operative

First and last time here
    • Deluxe Room King Size

The reception staff are careless and when you are checking in you have to take your luggage through the scanner by yourself no one is there to assist you. The hotel is so old that i think they didn’t do any maintenance for years i had issues in my bathroom that i had to fix it myself. They only good things about the hotel are the laundry staff and the guy who was in charge of housekeeping on my floor his name is Alaa.

staff not good because im piad cash break fast.
    • Deluxe Room King Size

staff not good because im piad cash break fast. but staff he told me check with receiption you not paid after that he check orady im paid amount . to match service bad

Great experience that exceeded my expectations.
    • Deluxe Room King Size

There wasn't much I didn't like. Service during the breakfast hours was spotty, i.e., they could have used more help. I should not have to ask for service. Other than that everything else pretty much perfect.

The overall atmosphere was excellent -- friendly and very helpful staff, excellent service by all with whom I interacted. Restaurants very good. Requested a special meal and they accommodated.

Very Good
    • Deluxe Room King Size

One man of the hotel staff with a long hair was watching the visitors in a very rude way. I met one lady in the left and she was very angry from his behavior. The second thing i don't like is that you have to keep 50JOD which equal to 70USD as insurance when you check in.

One of the best hotels in Amman. I love to stay here in the winter time to watch the view from the window. Make sure to get a highest room available with external view to enjoy your stay. The staff is very helpful but i noticed that they are not aware of the options which you select on booking.com for your room, so they will ask you again if you are smoker or in you need a twin bed room. Or Some times they will not book you what your requested and your choice will not be available.

• Atrium Twin Inside View Room

Charge was duplicated and still waiting for my refund Had to run around and still nothing Spoilt my vacation as I had allocated this funds for my trip Very sad

• Atrium Twin Inside View Room

The bed a bit not enough big for 3 of us, we mentioned in our booking for 2 adult and 1 child. We managed to squeze.

The steam room and jacuzzi was excellent.

Very poor
    • Atrium King Inside View Room

Room iner side isoladed bathroom need works room servise very poor different towels problem tiles cry when walking over...server in restaurant think i dont know jordanian mony he try to return back 5 dinar instead of 25 glad i see it

Club launch... restaurant shahrayar ...expensive but good food ..lifts and security are good

They are very trusted people one time I forget my looker...
    • Deluxe Room King Size

They are very trusted people one time I forget my looker money opened they come and closed all the room and they make sure that nobody touched my money until I come I m very thanks for this

The location of the hotel.
    • Atrium King Inside View Room

The food is very poor , servin the cheapest butter on earth ! My room has no view or window and the shower/ bathtub is too old.

The location of the hotel.

Excellent Hotel
    • Deluxe Room King Size

The Hotel has all services that you require during a business travel and the staff are very friendly and helpful. There are many restaurants within a walking distance.

Apart from the maintenance and general upkeep of the room, Everything was great!
    • Atrium Twin Inside View Room

The general maintenance of the guest room- the Air conditioning made very funny noises, the place appeared dated. The once personal touch was missing

I have been a frequent visitor to the place- always liked the ambience, the location and the staff

Excellent venue
    • Royal Club Room King Size

Bar attendent questioned our credit in a public format which was embarrassing and not warranted as it was her misunderstanding.

Loved the hous slippers and view from room

The lobby of this hotel is fascinating.
    • Atrium Twin Inside View Room

The shower in the room is old and not working well; it looks like a 3 star hotel shower! I have had the same problem when I visited the same hotel 4 years ago, different room.

The lobby of this hotel is fascinating.

Special thanks for mr.
    • Deluxe Room King Size

Special thanks for mr.ali Hussain break the manger of cheaster restaurant he was so amazing guy and he had full experience of hes work and he is so good

i do not recommend this hotel at all
    • Deluxe Room King Size

the manager should be more professional and they have to watch the staff not asking for money when the problem is not from the customer this is unprofessional , also they deputed my credit card and never credit my account the money still on hold from the hotel

nothing i like really because the hotel is not busy at this time of the year and they give me the worse room and the manager called me once and the staff follow up and they ask for more money if i would like to move to better room since the room i have has no Wi-Fi and water leakage from the bathroom and the room is far from elevator and i already notified them i am visiting to have surgery but they don't care

The hotel is elegant The room was wide and luxurious The bed was very comfortable
    • Atrium Twin Inside View Room

The sliding doors for the cupboard are somehow heavy and out of scale and difficult to use especially when the safe is open The coat hangers are high

He location was great
    • Business Suite

I asked for late check out and wasnt as usul as i had to leave at 2 and i recived call 1:55 to confirm leaving !! I felt that inconvenient for me. More than that i dont feel in i stay for first time or been regular customer matters.

He location was great

Royal view
    • Royal Club Room King Size

The bathroom had an issue with shower head , could use a renovation , also it would be nice if hotel guests were to have a priority to events at the hotel. We went to Chester's and there was a band playing and they asked if we had a reservation, well we were never informed of the event there so we didnt have one. We paid the entrance fee to sit inside and not even outside where the band is . Everyone kept standing and we couldnt see anything. Again I believe hotel guests should be informed beforehand and atleast have priority and not be treated like passerbys.

The room was spacious , the view of Amman was breathtaking off the 22nd floor.

We had a great stay.
    • Atrium King Inside View Room

We had a great stay. The only issue we had was that when my kids were playing in the lobby, a staff member asked them to sit down instead of walking around. So I'm not sure about family friendly.

It is good when you dont need to call for extra
    • Deluxe Room King Size

The service is very late & poor The understanding of what is needed is nill , you ask for 2 extra empty plates , they bring you one 😡

The bathrooms have good # of accessories

Bed was comftable linens where so soft
    • Atrium King Inside View Room

Statf were rude espically at the reception when checking in Rooms where dirty bed side tables where full of dust Shower was stained and full of molds

Bed was comftable linens where so soft

Nice stay, I will definitely would consider staying here again.
    • Atrium King Inside View Room

The TV has very little channels and the quality of the screen is so low. This was disappointing knowing how HD quality is now so much available and affordable. The was no toothpaste neither shampoo. The furniture is rather old. The outdoor swimming pool is small.

The room was clean and the mattress was very comfortable. The location of the hotel is very convenient.

A very enjoyable stay at a premier location for a good price.

Just a little bit dated

Plenty of outlets, lots to do and excellent service, the valet parking is very convenient. The room was spacious and clean. We would recommend the balcony at "Chesters"

Not going to stay or recommend anyone to stay!
    • Deluxe Room King Size

The biggest one was putting the seal on the toilet seat that it had been sanitized but it's not! Yes! And the worst part I called for a supervisor to visit me in my room to complain after I had dirty towels. They apologized and asked if I would transfer rooms which I did and believe it or not same thing. They have issue with cleanliness in that hotel.

I usually state what I like in hotels! For this one I didn't like nothing at all.

It wold have been nicer had the bathroom was better
    • Deluxe Room Twin Beds

Bathroom was horrible, it needs overall plumbing maintenance.

Helpful staff, cozy room, swimming pool, guest relations, the concierge and the location.

internet connection is fair
    • Deluxe Room King Size

From my experience during my stay, the most thing that i like is the view. The rooms have a beautiful city view that blows your mind away. I also liked the idea of the dead sea pool, it allowed people to get the dead sea experience without being there.

The bed was super comfortable, free internet
    • Atrium King Inside View Room

They only offer hotel taxi which is very expensive, otherwise you need to walk to the street to get your a taxi on your own. This was ok as it is on the main street and this is the norm for most hotels in Amman.

The bed was super comfortable, free internet

Poor quality - not worth the money.
    • Atrium Twin Inside View Room

What a poor hotel. Smoke everywhere in the lobby. Not family friendly - including the fact the facility has a peculiar policy of not allowing children to swim in the indoor pools...really? Terrace is only accessible if you go to their Chester restaurant. Overall a poor experience and overly priced. Second half of our stay I booked the brand new Fairmont, beautiful and amazing service.

Alright
    • Atrium King Inside View Room

They gave me a wake up call at 4am after I requested it for 7am. The taxis at the hotel are very overpriced, they charged me 20JD while the taxis outside charged 2JD Most of the plugs in the room didn't work, no batteries in the TV remote and bathroom scales

The fitness center was amazing, good facilities and service. Breakfast was great The consierge helped me book a flight as my credit card wasn't working which was nice.

• Atrium King Inside View Room

They increase the room rate if you want a window - that was so fanny- but I had no choice but t say yes with $50 more ......

Great stay in Jordan
    • Deluxe Room King Size

Paying a deposit per night per guest without any prior indication on booking.com. The advertisement is a bit misleading. There is no shopping mall attached to the hotel.

Convenient location. Great facilities. Helpful staff.

Receivable and greedyvdespite number of stars.l
    • Deluxe Room Twin Beds

We booked a room for 2 adult and 2 children. It turn out that the room had 2 single bed and my kids had no space to sleep. After a lot of arguments they brought an extra bed to room but was 3 am ( 90 min) after we agreed on this. Room price was deveivable ad it says I will pay only 96JD but it turns I have to pay crevice charge and Tax which es not clear at all.

Clean

The construction of the hotel, the location .
    • Deluxe Room King Size

Badly maintained building.. WC repairs are of a very poor quality Not very clean for a 5 stars Hotel The Outlets are poor, the sports bar have a very limited choice The ballroom staff are watching the parties rather than working

The construction of the hotel, the location ... the original finishes of the hotel was good (one day)

poor
    • Atrium Twin Inside View Room

fixed the rate through Booking, once arrived, found another rate !! they said taxes excl,also fixed an expensive room to have the view, and they put me in the back yard only !!

only the location of the hotel

Lovely all great except valet and check out.
    • Deluxe Room King Size

Valet parking staff were very unprofessional - Got my car and drop far away from hotel door (made me walk to it for a quite good distance). They lost which Babbage is mine to load it in the car. Receptionist at check out were 3 but only one is on duty while others chatting!

Pool were nice - Also lounge!

friendly helpful staff and always ready for assistance...
    • Deluxe Room King Size

friendly helpful staff and always ready for assistance especially the room service Mr. "Dusouqi" and the front desk, relaxing quite and the breakfast buffet is excellent, my first choice when booking a hotel next time in Amman”

Nice stay
    • Deluxe Room King Size

The lunch at ديوان شهريار resturant..... Very bad food...... Very expensive..... It did not worth money i spent.......

Location.... View.... Late check out.... The staff..... The breakfast

Five star staying
    • Atrium Twin Inside View Room

A bit overpriced services (breakfast, spa, restaurant), but i's a five star hotel. Wi-fi to be paid to download large files or watch online movies.

Excellent five star hotel. Outdoor swimming pool and spa (jacuzzi, sauna, sanitarium) available. In the spa it is possible to have some treatments: excellent but a bit expensive.

Very good
    • Deluxe Room King Size

Pathroom was not well cleaned properly specilay the shower. Old furniture, drinking water is not enogh provided at the room. Not enough stuff at reciption the quie was long at the rigestration

Very good service, The location is ammazing, very near to almost every thing you want to visit in amman. Valle guys and hotel stuff were very gentle.

Good stay
    • Atrium Twin Inside View Room

- Little bit late in valet parking - Little bit late in room service - Price is little bit high with compared to service - The balcony door is fixed and I asked them to open it but they said it is not allowed - The price of restaurant and coffee shop is too high, so better to get your lunch and dinner somewhere out.

Helpful staff with smile V good cleaning V comfort bed Good lighting system I like all hotel staff

Browse Le Royal Amman traveller photo gallery