Reviews of Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport 5 stars

286-0127 Chiba, Narita, Kosuge 456 , Japan

#19 of 25 hotels in Narita

• Deluxe Plus Queen Room

The hotel rooms were fairly out dated and need refurbishment . And the rooms smell mouldy or musky. .

The lobby was nice and it's in a good location close oh se to airport

• Deluxe Plus Queen Room

Nothing of particular significance.

Great location. 5 mins from the airport, with all of the facilities and quality that you expect from Hilton Hotels.

• Hilton Queen Room

We arrived late in the evening and left again at 8AM so we did not stay long. The hotel itself is a bit outdated and needs to be renewed but as these are mostly guests staying only for 1 nights it is not a big deal.

We chose this hotel for its proximity to the airport and the free shuttle bus (15mins to Terminal 1 Narita Airport). Top service by the shuttle bus team! Staff is really kind and helpful. Clean, spacious rooms.

• Hilton Queen Room

Having to pay extra for use of pool, shower in locker room and wifi. Hotel overpriced

The staff were great. Food average. Location great. Good facilities

• Hilton Queen Room

The room was very clean and the bed very comfortable. The Japanese restaurant was very good (dinner). The front desk staff and bus transfers were polite and helpful.

• Deluxe Plus Queen Room

Honestly this hotel needs revamping. First room stank, so much so that we asked for another room. The second room smelt of smoke but better than the first one. Furniture dates back to 70s. Wouldn’t stay there again. You need to pay for WiFi. Luckily my husband had his Hilton reward card so we got for free.

Shuttle service to and fro airport. Bar. View from the room.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Having to pay extra for everything - the pool, WiFi, breakfast.

Nice pool and separate onsen. Large room. Quiet considering how close to the airport. Free shuttle.

• Deluxe Twin Room

We weren’t allowed to have a drink and food at the bar st 7.30pm with our children (8&6). When we said we wanted just a club sandwich as we had just arrived from a long journey we were told to order room service. We asked which other restaurants could we order this type of food and they couldn’t answer us. They didn’t seem to know their own hotel or they were embarrassed. The manager came over but didn’t talk to us directly- we weren’t making a fuss we just wanted to know where we could eat!! Eventually we were brought to a dingy dark corner in a restaurant close to the bar with zero atmosphere without explanation. (The staff in the buffet area were very nice). They also charge for the use of the pool which is really ridiculous (hence my score on facilities) and when my husband was checking out found they had triple charged us for swimming goggles. We were racing for the airport shuttle and my husband asked if the bill could be amended but it involved s whole rigmarole of calling the health club staff to verify - as if we were not being honest - it was obviously clarified and deducted but we most certainly did not feel like valued guests. Would not return or recommend to our friends.

Relatively comfortable rooms although a bit tired. 15 minutes to airport so quite convenient. Buffet dinner was good.

• Hilton Twin Room

I asked by email how to get to the hotel from central town and i did get a prompt reply. However i would have appreciated if staff mentioned that it takes 1.5hrs on the tube and the shuttle from the station is only once an hour. Having known that i might have planned my journey differently, especially with a child

close to the airport for an early morning flight. Free shuttle service to the airport

• Hilton Queen Room

Need to be lucky with transport I was only a 10min wait. Lacks atmosphere bland. food just ok for the price

Comfortable Good value for money. nice size room

• Hilton Queen Room

- Not enough power outlets in the room; and, in particular, no power outlets in easy reach of the bedside tables. - Supply of hot water in the shower would occasionally fluctuate, making overall temperature too hot/cold and requiring tweaking.

Friendly, courteous, efficient staff.

• Hilton Queen Room

Room was sparse and very old fashioned. No outlets by the bed, no lamps, no art, just plain walls and bed. Hard to control the heat. Bed was reasonablyxomfortable.

• Hilton Queen Room

Great service - I left early the next morning before breakfast opened. I received a package to go of sandwiches, juice, fruit, yoghurt, etc. Its details like that that make travelling in Japan such a joy.

• Hilton Twin Room

unfortunately our bath tub plumbing was broken/out of order, a bit difficult to have shower, room size small,

Huge lobby, friendly staff, shuttle bus to airport

• Hilton Twin Room

Room is a bit colder the temperature cannot be alter inside the room.

It was my mum’s 63 Birthday when we stay in this hotel, the hotel staffs are very responsive and helpful for preparing a birthday cake during our stay. The staffs in the Japanese restaurant also helped us to bring the cake to the restaurant and they are all very kind and helpful. The hotel is spacious and clean, although the bathroom is a bit outdated. The room is a bit cold for us. Overall this hotel rated satisfactory, the staff also gave us a packed lunch due to our early morning flight. We will stay there again in future.

• Hilton Queen Room

Queen size room was spacious. The king size bed was amazing. So comfortable. The breakfast buffet was great. Terrace bar was great to have happy hour drinks and dinner. We requested a late check out at extra cost due to our evening flight. They were very accommodating. In general it was an awesome place to stay after traveling around Japan for 2 weeks. The airport shuttle was also convenient and easy to find at the airport.

• Hilton Queen Room

Staff at the reception don’t speak English properly and could be a little more friendly This Hotel is ok and they have a lot of crew from many airlines staying there so they don’t really need to worry about giving the guests a better experience which is a shame...

The Gym and Japanese sauna is great

• Hilton Queen Room

Small rooms in 1980’s style, lacking e.g sufficient power plugs, not great value for money. Free WiFi only if you took SPG membership. Really horrible restaurant experience served by friendly but incompetent staff (see my review on TripAdvisor).

Practical location, decent rooms, reliable airport shuttle running on a time table.

• Hilton Queen Room

Terrible facilities nothing opens until midday. No atm, nothing within walking distance. You have to pay for Wi-Fi and getting a 1 hour later checkout I had to speak to the manager... all this after a 14 hour flight!

Great omelette

No free wifi In the room! You have to pay for it! The pool is accessible only with extra charge. Access for tatooed perdons is forbidden Out of 4 restaurants only one was open on the Day when i was there. Shuttle to and from airport some tomes long waiting time. Stuff has smiles as answers. Envois his Spoken but Hardly understood.

Close to the airport

Nothing I can think of

The room was very comfortable and breakfast was very good. Staff were very helpful and transfers to and from the airport were much appreciated.

everything was good

I got sick on the plane so when I landed and went to the hotel I wasn't feeling very good. They gave me some medicine(I signed a form for the free medicine) I enjoyed my stay but I couldn't use their pool or fitness room since I was recovering from a cold. I enjoyed my breakfast daily. It was quite relaxing being at this hotel(considering that I was sick the first couple of days. I stayed 5 days.

• Deluxe Plus Queen Room

I didn't care for the breakfast...eggs too runny, massive amount of bones in the fish, congee had no flavor.

The bed was very comfortable. Even though I could see all the jets arriving at Narita, I never heard a sound...the hotel was well insulated.

• Hilton Queen Room

Efficient Reception and escorted to room with luggage delivered promptly. Despite late arrival, restaurant obliging. Breakfast very good and smooth transfer to and from airport.

Limitations of shuttle bus

Bed extra comfy- breakfast options good - quiet spacious room - good block out curtains - good check out time - staff really great

• Deluxe Twin Room

The room was smelly. BBQ outside was really bad, the quality of food wasn't good at all and we paid too much money for what it was.

The staff was nice. I had a headache in the middle of the night and I called the front desk. He answered my call immediately and brought me a painkiller.

• Hilton Twin Room

The charge to use the pool was just a money grab. North Americans are not used to paying extra to use the pool at a hotel. Unfortunately because of this we will not stay here when we visit Japan again. Too expensive

Excellent staff who spoke great English. Nice room

• Deluxe Twin Room

I had been in this hotel in December when i booked a suite. At that time the service was great and so was the room. This time however i got the basic of basic rooms. Just spots in the ceiling and nothing else to make you feel anywhere close to a nice room. Just cold and without soul. As there was no bottle of water in the room i asked the reception who said 'no your are on the 8th floor, you have to buy in the shop'. Nowhere in booking.com did i read this but hence i understand it adds a dollar to the bottomline and it is a great way of making sure your customer never comes back. The amenities in the bathroom are bare basic minimum - looks and feel like white label hotel chain, and yet this is a Hilton... Beyond all i found it very frustrating that the staff is not more friendly. Japan has an outstanding politeness towards its customers, yet here the 'ohayo gozaimasu' seemed not to be included in the price. A real shame for a renowned hotel chain. Again if you are fine with bare basic, this is your choice of hotel, yet then the price is too high and you can find cheaper for same level.

The location close to the airport (15 min by shuttle) is great. The location of the hotel is also in a nice green area with view on the Narita airport. Hotel also has a shuttle to and from the airport.

• Hilton Queen Room

It would be nice to renovate a little rooms furniture.

Nice hotel.Not new,but well kept.Spacious rooms.Very clean.Free shuttle to Narita Airport and to a downtoun.Very comfortable bed.

• Hilton Queen Room

There was no western tea in the rooms.people prefer teas like earl grey and English breakfast there was only green tea.

Great staff,Great location rooms clean and modern

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

• Hilton Queen Room

How is Wifi not included at a major hotel in 2017? We also had to pay for access to the pool - and we arrived at 20:00 and then were told the pass was valid for a day, but not for 24 hours, meaning we could use it that night again until 10, but not the next morning, then we'd have to pay again. We paid extra for breakfast, wifi, and the pool at a 4 star hotel - where we were already paying a premium price. Furthermore, the staff were less than helpful about everything and clearly tired of answering the same questions from guests. We won't stay at a Hilton again.

The Chinese restaurant was amazing. Great food, and great service, we really had a good experience here. The breakfast was also good and more than we expected to find in a buffet. The room was spacious.

• Hilton Queen Room

It's a little out of town so those free buses are a necessity if you don't want to taxi everywhere.

Spacious room with a huge bed. Clean and very comfortable. The hotel is vast with multiple eating and shopping options. The little shop with souvenirs, snacks and alcohol is great. The staff are very helpful. The breakfast options are fantastic. The free bus to the airport, bus stop and mall is good.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Hilton Queen Room

It was really outdated and needs to be refurbished for a Hilton. First room had a really bad smell so luggage person suggested another room.

Close to airport

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Hilton Queen Room

old fashion design for the room... no free internet in the rooms. no Japanese toilet (in my room).

very good bed, nice service (Japan), big evening buffet

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

• Deluxe Twin Room

Stayed here as our flight was cancelled and it was close to the airport for our early morning flight the next day. Staff were not very helpful, we ordered dinner which took over 2 hours (this was with 2 courses) and the restaurant only had around 10 people in it. To use anything in the hotel costs money even wifi.

Not much.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

• Deluxe Plus Queen Room

The rooms are basic, clean and functional, but lack personality and any sort of "wow" factor. Also, when I checked in, my room had an odd odour kind of like bleach and humidity combined. Given I could smell the cleaning products and the place was spotless, I quickly got used to this, and neither of these things would dissuade me from staying again if I need to be close to the airport. Regarding the location, I didn't have time to explore, but in terms of walkability it seemed kind of isolated, so if you want to do / see more in Tokyo, a downtown hotel might work better.

Lovely, efficient staff. Great location in terms of proximity to Narita Airport, with a free shuttle bus, quiet rooms and lots of choices for dining on site. The food was good, as was the service. The work out room was well equipped and the pool (though I didn't have a chance to partake) looked great.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

• Hilton Twin Room

Everything was great except for two things. Room service dinner was delivered cold. Staff was amazing and the order arrived promptly but still somehow cold. Next was the etiquette for the pool. We had no idea that the pool required swim caps. We were asked if we would like a swim kit as the staff member gestures towards the towels. He supplied us with caps and towels. In the States we primarily stay with the Hilton and have never required a cap. I bring this up because we were told to put the caps on or leave. Very harsh for ultimatum for people were uneducated in Japanese pool etiquette. Why would we need a cap in the pool but not in the hot bath?

Breakfast was amazing.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

• Hilton Queen Room

The hotel looks like a bad 80's movie decor! The rooms definitely need a make over. In the terrace cafe/restaurant we were served with a frozen (drOetker?)pizza instead of a fresh baked one.

Friendly staff, close to airport, clean room, small souvenir and grocery shop in the lobby with nice staff.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

• Hilton Queen Room

After travelling through Japan for awhile, we welcomed the Westernised facility and comforts. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were spacious.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• Hilton Queen Room

Not a destination hotel. This hotel is getting pretty old and tired, especially the bathroom.I stayed at the Tokyo Hilton prior to this which was modern and awesome, so it was actually a bit dissapointing.

Free airport pick up was great. Close to airport. Basically just a clean and safe place to sleep a night before a flight.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

the bathroom is a bit old, inside the room don't even have drinking water, even the tap water is drinkable, as a five star chain hotel, drinking water is very basic.

The concierge (Bell lady) is very helpful and the front desk is also friendly

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Deluxe Twin Room

room was very small en bath was to dirty to use. After complain we got an offer to change room but that room was also dirty. They came to scrape the dirt out of the bath but it was still to dirty to use. No compensation was offered.

breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

• Hilton Queen Room

Charging the equivalent of £6 for a glass of milk (as we had no milk for a second coffee in the room) is outrageous. Dinner ordered in room was of a very poor standard and yet the cost was the highest we'd had in Japan. No reason to charge for wifi in a hotel. Corridors stank of smoke in area near beauticians. This was meant to be a bit of a treat at the end of a two week tour of Japan. Instead it was the least enjoyable and most expensive experience of our holiday.

Comfortable bed. Spacious room.

• Hilton Queen Room

Paid a premium over other hotels that were available (30 000 Yen) then when we got their they wanted to charge extra for Wifi in room. I checked booking.com website and it simple says free Wifi when you get there this only applies for public areas . Then swimming pool - you have to pay a surcharge - booking.com does not point this out. The hotel is showing its age, it has a drab interior there was a 2"crack in the basin top (full of grime), room 1109. The hairdryer projected so little warm air that we gave up on it. Flat screen TV was really too small for the size of room. Bath was really too small for a European. Food options were similarly over priced. Service was very poor (Terrace Bar) long time to order between drinks and food then a long time to clear plates, terrible. This was not the fault of the staff they were just under manned. There was no atmosphere in the bar. Came down for breakfast and first impressions were good - a very big spread. Went for the European options - they were all cold to luke warm - left them on plate and only had the cereal. I have had better value at half the price and more fun at quarter of the price. But hey ho the shareholders are happy.

Bed was good

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Deluxe Twin Room

Check-in and check-out staff wasn't very pleasant and the idea of a line didn't seem to register as they took people out of order a couple of times.

It was very close to the airport and had a shuttle which for the most part was easy to use

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

• Hilton Twin Room

disappointed that you where needed to pay additional to use the Onsen and Pool facilities.

Easy to access, Buffet for dinner and breakfast where delightful and the free shuttle bus was exceptional.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

• Hilton Queen Room

For the Hilton it did seem very dated and felt like I was at a hotel that has not been updated since the 1980's.

Very good close to airport and easy to access via Shuttle bus

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Hilton Queen Room

the room services are lacking details and the hotel so stingy with a bottle of water.

services of the porters ,the girls are helpful and willing to direct us on the right place

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Hilton Twin Room

The price was higher than quoted by Booking.com

Close to airport. Airport transportation available. Can't think of another reason to stay there. it is NOT convenient to Tokyo.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

• Deluxe Plus Queen Room

I asked for and confirmed a wakeup call but didn't receive one. The outlet in my room on the desk didn't charge my phone either so a friend had to make an international call at an inconvenient time for them and it simply wasn't easy.

I wasn't there long but it was nice to come somewhere friendly after my flight was delayed late at night.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• Deluxe Plus Twin Room

The staff who seated us at the main restaurant where we had the buffet breakfast was indifferent and not helpful

The front desk person was very kind and professional. We ended up checking in late and he upgraded us to a beautiful suite with great views of the air planes taking off. The suite was beautifully decorated and very quiet.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• Hilton Twin Room

Remote location. Free Wi-Fi should be offered in hotel of this class. Breakfast could have more choices of fruit and western food.

Nice hotel design, especially lobby area, free airport shuttle bus service.

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

• Hilton Twin Room

Room very small. Bathroom amenities at bare minimum. Charge for parking and use of wifi while most other hotels in that area provides free. Staffs is inflexible.

The lobby is grand. Problem is I was not sleeping in the lobby,

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• Hilton Twin Room

Little far to walk Narita town however shuttle service to and from there. Worth the visit.

Near airport. Shuttle to and from airport and Narita town which has a cultural yet touristy flavour .. Twin room much larger than other standard Twin rooms.

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

• Hilton Queen Room

Wi-fi should be free like it is in most other places, but it was not. People at desk were up-selling (promoting) a more expensive room which I thought was a way for Hilton to make more money.. Breakfast was incredibly expensive and there was no choice to have simpler breakfast except via room service. We then used room service for breakfast - waited 35 minutes for an expensive £20 orange juice, coffee, cereal and a piece of bread - we had ordered toast and we were given bread! And it took 35 minutes to get this. So overall, I will never go to this Hilton again.

Staff were friendly , especially at the desk.

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

• Hilton Queen Room

Very convenient location if you fly out from Narita Airport. Especially early in the morning. They have a shuttle bus. Tokyo is far out and there is no public transportation in the morning. Only very expensive cabs.

Stayed in May 2016

• Hilton Twin Room

Perfect overnight stop between flights. Just a short shuttle ride to and from the airport.

Lack of proper air con

There was no air conditioner that we were aware of. Room became quite stuffy

• Hilton Twin Room

Nice hotel, with shuttle service, and close to the airport. good breakfast

• Hilton Queen Room

Everything was excellent, nothing to complain about

Dietary support poor.

Food fair. Concierge support excellent.

• Hilton Queen Room

The hotel appeared tired. It needs to be refreshed. The wine we bought tasted as though it was off. And it was expensive.

Expensive room rate

Everything good!

price

everything

All good

Great staff

No comments

Staff was very friendly. Always willing to help. The shuttle service from and to the airport

• Deluxe Plus Queen Room

Wi-Fi not included with the room rate

Wonderfully comfortable bed and easy control of heat/air and lighting was great!

• Hilton Queen Room

The price could have been lower

Free shuttle to and from the airport/hotel. Nice dinner and friendly staff

• Hilton Queen Room

Toilet is not enough clean Restaurant stuffs english language is very very bad

Bed was very comfortable

The Chinese restaurant was excellent

Nil

Polite staff

• Hilton Queen Room

Restaurant - Japanese was closed.

Beds were v comfortable

Expense for what you get . Cost extra to use pool

B