Reviews of Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel 5 stars

279-0031 Tokyo Prefecture, Maihama 1-9, Japan

#173 of 753 hotels in Tokyo

5.7

• Standard Room

Hotel was beautiful. Would definitely stay again and recommend to friends.

Perfectly located next to the monorail to access Disneyland and DisneySea. Buses ran from the hotel to the station though was a very short walk. Great for when you have lots and f shopping though.

• Standard Room

the room was a bit dated, awful wifi

Great ocean and garden view, comfy beds, spacious and clean room, easy access to Disneyland and DisneySea, staff was super helpful and friendly.

• Standard Room

There is nothing negative I can write about this hotel.

The quality and service is commendable. This is a high quality hotel in a great location for Disneyland. Restaurant, breakfast and cafe prices are fair and you don't feel ripped-off for the great quality you receive.

• Standard Room

Many rooms are smoking rooms, which was not clear during the booking. We booked a Standard 3 Person room- it turned out to be a smoking one, smelling very strong. Also the floor was smelling. Then we rebooked to non smoking but had to pay for an upgrade 48.tsd Yen ( for 3 nights) to Sheraton Club Members. They told us that breakfast will be included within the upgrade. It was but really bad. Also all day snacks should be vailable ,but it turned out that snacks mean chips and cheap chocolates. In our opinion this hotel is definitely not five stars. There is swimming pool and Welness area etc. but not included in the regular price, which was also not clear during the booking. We paid around 30 tsd Yen per Night ( not including the upgrade) and you even don't get the bathrobe. We have spent some days at the 4 star hotel in Tokyo central. The price was much lower and standard higher. It would have been better to come from there to Disneyland without staying at this hotel. The location is only good for Disneyland, beside there is nothing and you are cut off from all interesting places.

We wanted to spend two days with our son in Disneyland and this hotel is very close to it.

• Standard Room

Hotel shuttle bus from station less frequent than the other hotels

Beautiful garden and pool. Clean comfortable rooms. Ocean view beautiful. Easy access to Disneyland and can buy tickets at hotel which was very convenient.

• Standard Room

An excellent property in every way and I highly recommend it. A choice of three different buffets for breakfast that was included with our booking and the one we chose Grande Cafe had an excellent selection of Western and Japanese food. So easy to get to and from Narita airport and also Disney Sea. Fantastic and very helpful service. Comfortable beds with very full pillows. Nice grounds and for families with children a great choice

• Dog Friendly Room

The oasis area. Having paid $500+ per night for club Sheraton, it was poor that the hotel felt fit to charge 5-600 yen to play table tennis/mini golf.

The club Sheraton was good to unwind with a coffee after a day at Disney. The rooms were of a good size and immaculately clean

• Park Wing Room

Breakfast buffet choices were limited and the outdoor pool wasn’t opened even though it was 80+ degrees F. and the pool indoors was just lanes with a small “child pool”. Also, the advertised kids playroom is NOT included in the stay? Had to pay extra mini gol as well.

Property was beautiful and clean. Staff was very helpful and kind. Room was nice and comfortable.

• Standard Room

The room was nice and spacious, with a great ocean view. Location is convenient for Disneyland. room was clean and comfortable, though some bathroom equipment was a bit outdated, however it is not affecting anything. Nice coffee machine in the room. Restaurant was a bit pricey but it is expected for a 5 star hotel.

• Standard Room

Restaurants pricey, apart from the small one, sorry can't. Recall the name.

View was great. Beds were good, pillows didn't suit me! Plenty to do for people with children. Pool and spa excellent.

• Standard Room

Convenient store did not have much selection. We had to go to another hotel to visit their convenient store. Bell staff area personnel gave wrong information for mailing boxes international. Price different from what was told initially from when we brought our boxes down. Spent nearly $10 on boxes and ended up throwing away due to it being way too expensive to ship the 2 boxes.

Many things to do....miniature golf, arcade games, etc. close to bayside station.

• Standard Room

Serious difficulties with payment for rooms due to processing issues by staff at the hotel. Rooms were booked with balconies and views, however, allocated rooms were in the new 'dog friendly' wing without balconies or views. When we complained we were 'upgraded' to more dated rooms, desperately in need of refreshing and given spa day passes as compensation, although Spa did not open until after 3pm. Definitely not a 5* hotel anymore. Unfortunately, this hotel appears to be more concerned with its 'wedding' business than its core business of paying guests.

Good value hotel, in great location for disney and transport into central Tokyo. The facilities at the hotel were good, however, many were not available (e.g. outdoor pool, due we were told to wedding parties having their photographs taken by the outside waterfall feature), or if they were available like the table tennis and crazy golf in the children's area, you had to pay an extra cost.

• Ocean Dream room

Only downside the free hotel shuttle to the main station doesn't have a lot of running times during the week and you will have to purchase a train ticket for the Tokyo Bay Disney Train.

The beds were very comfy and the room was enormous. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Grande Room - Non-Smoking

there we're two beds instead of one which I expected they would only be one wish they had bigger rooms more of a romantic feel

The View was very pleasing the staff was very kind and willing to help

• Ocean Dream room

Bad atiuide from the lady who do check in

They treat with me coz I reserved from booking that's I got it free v bad atiuide from the Check Inn I called the mangers on duty several time to solve my problems

• Standard Room

Payment required for children’s indoor play area

Super comfy beds, computer games for the children, very friendly and helpful staff, convenience of the Disney bus to the monorail station and the checkin of luggage from the rail resort station so we could head straight to Disney upon our arrival.

Not being able to change how we paid for our bill. We wanted to pay in cash at checkout but they couldn’t change our method of payment.

Location and ease of luggage chech

• Ocean Dream room

All staffs are friendly and kind but I don’t like the room we stayed,the shower at the same time bath thub and the toilet bowl is moving that is why we are not comfortable while using it.no body scrub.and the cotton buds and lotion are not enough for us.the cost does not meet my expectation.i would rather not recommend.sorry😔

• Standard Room

The restaurants are expensive. Early check-in isn't possible which isn't good when you arrive at 7.30 am!!! The earliest we could check in was 1pm. This was the only downside to the hotel

Staff were very helpful and friendly. The hotel is really close to the train for Disneyland and also offers a shuttle bus to the train station that operates all day. Facilities are excellent. The buffet breakfast is really good although it is a bit expensive. Overall, this is an excellent hotel especially if you are travelling to Disneyland.

• Standard Room

Condition was a bit old and need new image

The location n staff are very helpful and friendly. Location was great and room was very spacious. The room was a bit old but need a bit of renovation. Other than that, things are good

• Park Wing Room

Kids indoor must pay and only for an hour. Public bath also must pay and only until midnight

The room is big and spacious. Staff are very helpful and fluent in english. Very Accommodating for baby.the bed are sooo comfy

• Standard Room

Wireless internet very low. Check-in take long time due to less staff against travellers check-in at the same time with me around 22:00-23:00.

Big room, clean and look new.

• Standard Room

The room we were assigned to was a bit old. Our first time to sheraton which was two years ago the room we were assined to was very new. This time we were put into older quarter

The bed is comfy, convenient to disneyland n disneysea. Staff were friendly and courteous

• Standard Room

We didn’t book the Airport bus so we had to take a taxi which cost us ¥21,000. It would have been helpful if the hotel had asked us if we wanted to book when they confirmed our booking.

It was in an ideal location for Tokyo Disney and also to get to the main train line. The courtesy bus was a bonus too. There is also an Airport Bus to Narita airport for ¥1800 per person but you have book this.

• Park Wing Room

The hotel is situated quite far (around 30 minutes) from the city center. They provide shuttle bus to and from the closest JR station only till afternoon, would be helpful if they could extend this service till late evening.

The interior of the rooms are beautiful with comfy beds.

• Park Wing Room

For the amount of money you pay, I expect more. Hotel was nice, but for that price you expect a room that you can move in. Beds were side by side with only enough room to walk at foot. Location good if you want to go to disney- but would recommend staying closer to Tokyo & travel by train for the day. You are stuck out there & have to pay the price. Along way from station so you have to pay for monorail as well. Happiest place on earth- as long as you have lots of $$$$

close to disney

• Park Wing Room

Shuttle bus to JR rail was full and we had to catch a taxi. You would expect ample buses given the price and location of the property

Very organised, Staff give excellent customer service

• Grande Room - Non-Smoking

I think I like it a lot. Th only thing is the elevator too crowded, but I think they are fixing issues.

First of all; Me and my husband never expect that this place is a place where we want to stay, it is spacious, clean, the staff were wonderful and helpful, close to Disneyland. Beautiful place. I am pretty sure we’re coming back again and would like to recommend this place to our friends and families 👏👏👌👍🇯🇵❤️Love Japan Love SGH

• Ocean Dream room

At check in the attendant accidentally charged my card an extra 100yen I told her not to worry about it but she took the card out of my hand and began to try to refund the payment and then take again. I asked her repeatedly not to worry as I knew the payment would take days to come back into my account. She ended up taking the full Accomodation amount 3 x. This started a lengthy process of trying firstly to prove it as she kept telling me she hadn’t and then I had to show her on my internet banking. We were at check in for an hour trying to have this sorted. I had a very tired four year old with me too. No one offered anything for the trouble caused at this stage. Finally we got to our rooms and the stench of cigarette smell was awful from the 6th floor but we were tired and just wanted to get to our room. Once in the room my four year old had nothing to relax and watch as we are native English speakers and both kids shows were in Japanese. Not even a dvd option. I gave her my computer to watch YouTube but the internet was prehistoric and barely worked. I spent close to 2 hours on the phone speaking to IT trying to have this fixed. Then to top it off we ordered room service and half of the food was cold and undercooked. This is when I called management to complain. The staff were apologetic and were nice and were helpful after however these issues shouldn’t have happened in the first place. The following day we went to the indoor pool and it’s very old and tired. We were given free passes but I am quite shocked you charge guests on top of their room rate to use basic facilities. We had dinner at the galleria and the chicken was disgusting it was so oily but undercooked inside I couldn’t even eat it. I took a photo (below) and did tell the manager when he came to check something later that night but I think he just thought I was complaining about anything.

• Standard Room

Wish they could have eliminated the 2 beds and give us a king instead, but I guess 2 beds are better than one?

If a flight is scheduled after 6pm there is no airport shuttle. Idk if Sheraton could do much about that but guests have to find their own accommodations and often times it’s chaotic and stressful, especially if it’s your first time in Japan like myself.

• Park Wing Room

The check-in time was taken veeeeery serously... But our luggage was stored and already taken to the room, as we arrived in the evening. The train to DisneyLand/Sea was very nice, but you have to pay for it, like for a normal train. It was the only possibility to get to the park... we thought there would be a free shuttle or something..

The room was big, very clean and the bed very comfortable! Is was nice that you could lock the door to the bathroom and even the door to the shower, so two persona were able to get ready at the same time.

• Standard Room

Very comfortable room. Easy access to Disneyland and Disney Sea. The staff was very helpful and made us feel right at home! We only stayed there one night for the end of our trip, but we wish we stayed there longer!

• Standard Room

Everything opens late 10am and closed early. Because we check in late due to our delay of the flight arrival we didnt enjoy the hotel facilities like the outdoor pool and kids playroom. Thats why we booked in this hotel coz of the facilities.

Cleanliness & perfect location near Disney Resort

• Grande Room - Non-Smoking

1. We booked 2 rooms under the same booking number but different guest name due to requirement from booking.com system. Staff can find only one and do registration and payment process for one. We have to spend more than 20 Mins for checking in. Please note that same booking detail, we don't find this issue in another 4 hotels we stayed. 2. Not enough staffs caused us wait for long on many activities such as receptions said it took 30-60 mins to deliver luggages to our room because we were 3rd in queue. 3 queues took an hour???? So we carried our laugguges by ourselves. Don’t forget that we travelled with 2 elderly and it was not that continent to take care them plus many laggueges at the same time. Hotel should know since we booked and they should saw it when we checked in. This is only one evidence but there were more such as not enough staffs to clean the table in breakfast restaurant so it kept people to wait for long as well.

Parking was too Expensive

Dog friendly room was clean and comfortable. Staffs of Dog Lovers’ Suites were very kind and helpful. We will definitely come back.

• Park Wing Room

The bell counter staff took over 2 hours to send up our luggage and that after i went to enquire. Perhaps a better system of luggage retrieval would help or a few more staff there

Bed and pillows were comfu and toiletries a lovely fragrance

• Park Wing Room

Must wait for the check in....even though we arrived already quite late, the room hasn't ready yet

Near disneyland. Room is spacious and beds are comfortable.

• Standard Room

Bed was shakey and creaky. Could hear thumping from rooms above.

Nothing was good. Old and tired rooms. Room service meals very poor quality. Reception staff quality varied from pretty good to pretty rude.

• Standard Room

Public bath was not worth it. Dont book this hotel if you plan trips to Tokyo. Stay there only for Disney resort (Disneyland and Disneysea) and to get to the airport. No money change nearby, and the hotel offers bad rates. The hotel is really big, get ready to walk...

Free shuttles to the resort monorail station, and to Maihama station. Very suitable for children and families. Good dinner options. Ekspiari shopping mall 2 stations away on the monorail.

• Park Wing Room

I didn’t like that people who check-in and check-out the hotel have to stand in the same queue.

I liked the comfy beds and having a lobby desk dedicated to the limousine bus service to the airport.

• Ocean Dream room

nothing in particular it’s almost perfect!

The dinner buffet in Grand cafe is awesome!My 8yr old son enjoyed the food and ate a LOT! which is very unusual because he is quite picky on what he ate and i’am very happy!And my 5yr old told me i dont want to go home mama!i can live here forever!😄

• Ocean Dream room

The front desk didn’t give us our breakfast tickets upon check in, so I had to go ask for them. The big restaurant was closed. The outdoor pool and hot tub were closed. The price for meals was too high and there wasn’t a full service bar on site.

Location was excellent to go to Disneyland. The monorail station was across the street. The rooms were comfortable with good views.

• Standard Room

All staffs are friendly and service mind, good location for family. Can check-in and send the luggage to hotel from service center at Maihama Station.

• Park Wing Room

Breakfast expensive.The park wing room view that i had was not worth it - it was a view of the next door hotel. I should have just kept my original booking for a deluxe room.

I had booked a room for my partner and myself and our 12 year old daughter (who ended up being considered an adult) and they gave me two single beds (lucky there was an extra mattress under the bed!). Found out that when i 'upgraded' to the Park Wing room and added breakfast to the room it only added for 1 person! Yet my booking for months was for 3 pax. A booking.com error. The hotel realised this and did not charge me for having the extra 2 pax in the room but i had to purchase their breakfast separately - which i didn't as it was way too expensive!! Otherwise the hotel was your typical sheraton, great location and facilities.

• Standard Room

The location was not ideal, there was a little mould in the bathroom and the rooms were a little dated.

The room was very spacious and the staff was really accommodating.

• Ocean Dream room

The wait for elevators was very long and location of other elevators not clearly identified. For the high price was expecting use of facilities like public bath to be included.

• Ocean Dream room

Restaurants and some facilities were closed and were not told about this when booking. Door did not close properly on balcony and loud whistle noise was heard all night that kept us awake. Staff said that’s just how it is.

Location sand cleanliness were great.

• Standard Room

The reception for check in and out are very bad at English, we can not get answers to normal questions such as where is the swimming pool, is there shuttle bus, etc. No one can offer help or support when we entering the lobby. Can not record my SPG member. Station is far from check in desk, long distance for big luggage.

Room has old fashion facilities but clean and neat, room is relevantly big and comfortable for us.

None.

Staffs are very accomodating. Hotel is well mentained and the rooms are spacious. Will defenitely go back! Food is great too. Thanks for the great service.

• Standard Room

There are few choices for dining, and most restaurants are a little too expensive. And we can't find the shuttle bus from the JR station, so we have to take the Resort Line. Maybe the hotel can add the shuttle bus map of the nearest JR station for we visitors.

The room is clean and comfortable. And thank the front desk staffs to help us keep our packages purchased online and delivered them quickly to our room after we checked in.

• Standard Room

The choice of food in the buffet was the same for lunch and dinner, the other restaurants in the hotel weren’t open yet we were limited to selections which was disappointing when you have small children and need to eat early

Bed was comfy

• Standard Room

The lights were too dim and it was difficult to figure out how to open the shower.

I like that the property was very near both Disney Sea and Land. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable.

• Standard Room

Main restaurant was being renovated during our visit - meaning choice was limited - confusing seating and menu

Staff were extremely helpful and polite and respectful of our needs. Information was easy to come by and freely given when asked for. Baggage storage and transit was perfectly managed by staff.

• Dog Friendly Room

No convenient store in the surrounding area within walking distance. The convenient stores inside the hotel premise (in the shopping mall) do not open 24 hours. Also, They have very litttle range of product, and none of them sell alcohol. There is no bar in the hotel as well.

Friendly staffs

• Standard Room

The rooms are huge. The beds felt like you were sleeping on clouds. It was a little dated, but it wasn’t too bad. On a clear day, you could see Mt. Fuji from the balcony. That alone made the stay worth it. They have a shuttle to and from Bayside station which is where you catch the tram to Disneyland/DisneySea.

• Park Wing Room

the staff need more training. They did not give the right info on many things/questions I asked. Unfortunately some of their wrong answers cost us a reasonable amount of delay. They also did not tell us they need the keys back as well. For a 5 star hotel —those card keys should be disposable and new cards need to be reprogrammed, just like how other hotels do. I will always pay for expensive food, but it was not good at all. Location is only ideal if you plan to only go to Disney.

the room and bathroom were really nice, a lot of complimentary stuff that are not provided in other hotels

• Standard Room

Close to the Disney bayside station, which makes easy access to Disneyland and Disneysea, as well as the main train station. Check-in staff were very friendly and a baby cot was put up in our room as requested when we first made the booking. Staff were always happy to help (e.g. supply a wall plug adaptor, take bags to and from our room, book the airport limousine bus). Nice sized room with plenty of room for me and my partner and our 16 month old son. Cannot comment on the restaurants or food as we always ate out. We stayed in early February and payed approx. $180 AUD per night (16,000 Yen per night) for the standard room (2x double beds).

• Standard Room

Nothing, it was all wonderful. Would recommend.

Excellent hotel, very clean and convenient location near Disneyland. Very friendly and helpful staff. Great buffet breakfast and prompt room service.

• Standard Room

the hotel needs better advertisements in english, we simply didnt knew about half the things the hotel had to offer before arriving,

the hotel is amazing, you got quite a few restaurants to choose from, the place looks amazing, the staff went above and beyond to help us with planning and traveling

• Park Wing Room

staffs should pay attention to individual guests and not tyring to assist different guests at the same time.

room was good size close to Disneyland. perfect for Disneyland gateaway

• Standard Room

Good too expensive. Breakfast 38.00. Not enough choices to eat. No concierge services. Buses to airport don't run early or late enough. Taxi for 6 200.00 to airport

Nice rooms. Friendly staff.

• Standard Room

Taste and price of food. BLT sandwiches/pad thai (taste was average). Coffee in room was not great as there was no milk. Only cream.

Bed was comfortable and reception were kind to upgrade us

• Standard Room

The double beds are quite small and even sleeping with a young kid is struggling. They have a smaller single bed for kids, but those beds are very hard indeed. Going to downtown from this hotel is a challenge, even though it takes about 30 minuets, but you have to change 3 to 4 different subway lines. Maybe very easy to a local, but as a traveler, I feel dizzy and became cross eyed when I looked at their subway map!

The room is spacious and the double beds are comfortable. The toilet has a seperate bath & shower area, which you can take a hot bath every night, while the others can still use the toilet. The service is excellent here and they try to cater for your every single request. Japanese Sleepwear and sleepers are provided, which gives you a taste of cultural experience. This hotel is excellent for Disneyland and DisneySea, as the Disney resort line is basically next door. You can watch fireworks from your room, which is a bonus!

• Ocean Dream room

On the second night we had some noisy neighbours which kept us awake for a couple of hours.

The room was spacious and the beds very comfortable. The bathroom was large and super clean. The staff really friendly.

• Standard Room

Lack of choice for quick easy affordable food- had the buffet breakfast one day but was very over priced and the food very average. Had to leave the hotel for food at other times

Location next to Disneyland is perfect. Kimonos in rooms are lovely.

• Standard Room

No good food options for Australians unfortunately really need to cater for all types we couldn't eat lunch or dinner there as was no options for us with a 9yr old child... we had to walk down the road to the Hilton hotel to get a decent meal which was sad...

Staff were fantastic loved it there. Always happy helpful go out of your way for you. The staff really made it enjoyable even if the food for Aussies wasn't very good!

• Standard Room

The pillows were a little too soft. Air conditioning in my room didn’t cooperate. But we were travelling in a large group and the others didn’t have this problem.

The hotel is a little out of town, but we chose it for its proximity to Disney Parks. We got upgraded to Family Rooms because we had booked 2 connecting rooms but they were unable to provide at the time we checked in. What a service! All the staff was courteous and friendly without being too obtrusive. The rooms were huge for Japan. I love the bathroom. They separate wet and dry areas, very Japanese. We tried the teppanyaki, and it was absolutely delicious! The best choice if you’re going to Disneyland/Sea, or if you want to stay somewhere near the airport.

• Standard Room

Bedding arrangements (single beds for a couple), bathroom could be cleaner it was a little bit mouldy in our park wing room expected better from Sheraton. Nothing that bad to put you off though.

Spacious, the view of Disneyland and Disney sea, staff very helpful, very easy to get to from Tokyo JR station

• Standard Room

I was a little surprised that the internet/ WIFI was an extra daily charge, I have heard this is getting fixed in 2018.

I like the locations for accessing DisneyLand and DisneySea's. The hotel had good breakfast choices and several places to choose from. The hotel seemed quiet even though it had many people staying there.

Bigger Disney shop

Lovely large rooms. Staff talked good English. Chef arranged a special meal for us as we had a vegan with us. This made the night really enjoyable as had not found this flexibility anywhere else. Great bus transport to the theme parks and airport. Staff not only stored my bags but took them downstairs ready for my bus transfer.

• Treasures Room

The room is too old and air conditioner is not functioning well. Furniture is old which I s not value for money

Service is good . But the room condition is not

• Standard Room

They can do so much better with the cleanliness. Also the standard room is not up to Sheraton standard, with the wash basin located outside the bathroom, making the ambience of the room a bit off.

It has playground and coin laundry, so that was good.

• Standard Room

Need a daily piece of paper coupon to have breakfast which I often misplaced and a mission to get breakfast. You wouldn’t expect that in Tokyo! Very expensive but no feel for being 5 star.

Close to transport so convenient for traveling. The crystal church was nice to see.

• Park Wing Room

The room’s huge with super comfy bed and not to forget, a really clean environment. I’m very picky with toilet’s cleanliness and Sheraton didn’t fail me. It was absolutely clean! I miss the fluffy bed that I sank into every night during my stay <3 Also, the staff are all very friendly and helpful and not to forget, the hotel is very convenient to get to Disneyland and DisneySea, Will come back again!

• Park Wing Room

Easy access to and from Diseyland/ Disney Sea. Free shuttle bus to Disney monorail station. Our clean and spacious room had 4 beds and was in the newly renovated Park Wing.