2. Japan hotel reviews
  3. Tokyo Prefecture hotel reviews
  4. Tokyo hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Shinjuku Prince Hotel

Reviews of Shinjuku Prince Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

160-8487 Tokyo Prefecture, Shinjuku-ku, Kabuki-cho 1-30-1, Japan

#531 of 962 hotels in Tokyo

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: December 11, 2018

Excellent Stay at Shinjuku Prince Hotel

Room was a little squeezy Room quite cold on some days Hidden charges for using telephone

Bed very comfortable Staff very friendly Housekeeper on 20th floor was very helpful and quick Green initiatives which reward 500 yen per night of not cleaning

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: December 9, 2018

Loved the location
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

There didn’t seem to be a lounge to relax in with family, play games etc... normally hotels in Australia have somewhere you can spend time with the family outside the room, but that was ok, no problem

Loved the location

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: December 2, 2018

Fantastic

The bed extra comfy. The staff were professional, helpful and friendly especially Yuka. She went out of her way to help clients whenever she could.

• Reviewed: November 22, 2018

Excellent hotel in an unbeatable location
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast is good but too expensive, therefore, used it only once. But the only thing I really did not like was that I had to leave...!

Upon check-in I was offered to upgrade to a newly renovated room for a small price increase. I am glad that I accepted it, because the new rooms are nice. Small rooms are normal in Tokyo, but I still found a space for my suitcase so that it was out of the way. I staid a full week and the room was fully suitable for it. The location is absolutely unbeatable - cannot be better! I used to stay in this hotel for many years, before switching for a few years to the Gracery, once it opened. Gracery has better bathrooms and breakfast has much better value for money. But the Prince has much faster access between ground floor and room floor because of direct elevator access. (Changing elevators in Gracery is annoying.) Both hotels are absolutely excellent and can be recommended. For tourists, Gracery is better because of the breakfast, for business travelers, Prince is better because of faster elevator access. But coming back to the Prince after several years was a good experience! And, at Prince, walking through Kabuki-cho can be avoided, which can be annoying at times.

• Reviewed: November 18, 2018

It has an easy access to food and train.
    • Standard Double Room - Smoking

Somebody entered our room. He has the key card and was able to open our room. Luckily my husband and I were inside. We didnt feel safe after that incident though the supervisor apologized for the inconvenience and assured us of our safety. She sent us complimentary drinks for the trouble.

It has an easy access to food and train. Very good location if staying in shinjuku. Shibuya and haruku a few minutes away by train.

• Reviewed: November 15, 2018

Professional and nice hotel staff.
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We had a lot of difficulty finding our way between Shinjuku station and hotel so the 10-min walk turned out to be more than 30 mins.

We like the quality of the shampoo, conditional and body shampoo provided. Quiet and cozy room.

• Reviewed: November 9, 2018

Had a wonderful stay in Tokyo and day tour to Fuji and Hakone.
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

None that I could think of at the moment.

Good concierge assistance; fast response to correct oversight; newly refurbished room; great location for shopping, dining and transport.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

Nice hotel
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Access to outer parts of Tokyo require transfers, having said this the train system is extensive and easy to navigate once you get the hang of it. Main issue we had is itsnot easy to get to from either airport, requiring multiple transfers or a cab ride

Nice hotel. In the financial/government type district so no nightlife if that's what you're after. On the HanzomonJR line so connection to Shibuya etc. is easy and the station is close. Nice hotel with clean rooms. Staff are friendly and can help in English

• Reviewed: November 1, 2018

We enjoyed our stay overall.
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We enjoyed our stay overall. A bit pricey for the accommodations in comparison with other hotels we stayed in on the same trip. Close to the train station, good restaurants and shopping. Right by the red light district which didn’t bother us, but likely important for families!

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

Awesome and convenient. Would be better if self service wash machine is provided.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

No self service wash machine available.

The best about this hotel is the location! 7 min walk from the Shinjuku Station which is a major metro line in Tokyo. The hotel also provide useful laundry service and hotel staff are friendly and helpful. I had a single room on 23rd floor. Awesome view! Would come again if it is for solo travel.

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

excellent location - everything is within the reach
    • Standard Twin Room - Non-Smoking

i didnt expect such tiny rooms. but as it was just 1 night, we managed.

the room despite being tiny, had everything required in it!!!! and very efficient staff also helpful with any information we asked for

• Reviewed: October 28, 2018

I would highly recommend this hotel for comfort and location. I would stay here again.
    • Deluxe Twin Room - Smoking

Breakfast in hotel was terribly expensive but we found our breakfast for cheap and convenient in the MacDonalds across the street from hotel

Great location to hundreds of restaurants and entertainment venues and one block from metro station for easy access to rest of Tokyo. The rooms were clean, spacious and great view of Shinjuki area

• Reviewed: October 27, 2018

The location was great - about 10min to JR station.
    • Standard Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Most of the concierge staff we spoke to was very helpful and cheerful. But we did encounter one who couldn’t be bothered to attend to us.

The location was great - about 10min to JR station. Lots of restaurants in the area. And the pick up point for some day tours are nearby eg Gracery Hotel. Ask hotel staff for directions to the nearest supermarket.

• Reviewed: October 26, 2018

• Standard Twin Room - Non-Smoking

A male staff on the first day when I arrived is not very friendly. Did not allow me to finish my question and asked me to wait aside. I was quite dumbfounded by his action, even if he did not understand me, he could have handle me better.

Great location. Spacious room

• Reviewed: October 23, 2018

Service and location
    • Standard Twin Room - Smoking

Room originally booked too small; can’t even open suitcase on floor. Had to pay more for a larger room. And no extended checkout of 1 hour allowed - charges apply.

Service and location

• Reviewed: October 22, 2018

Great room and location

everything was great

Service was great, we had a bell girl take our luggage into our room. We upgraded to premium so we had the 23rd floor. The view was amazing. The room was spacious for Japanese standards and the bed was a queen so very comfortable. The location of the hotel is 8 min walk to shinjuku station. Internet was fast and reliable.

• Reviewed: October 21, 2018

love the location.
    • Standard Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The room is small but I understand that it is common for Tokyo places. I still smelt some cigarettes on the first day even though we asked for non- smoking room. Someone has smoked in the hallway around elevators with no smoking signs.

The location is so close to shinjuku station and in the middle of everything.

• Reviewed: October 19, 2018

Excellent location for getting around Tokyo.

Absolutely nowhere to put clothes oth.er than 2 coat hangers and suitcase pushed under the bed. Twin room was very crapmped. Single room not so bad.

Excellent location for getting around Tokyo.

• Reviewed: October 13, 2018

Perfect location by Golden Gai and the Shinjuku train...
    • Standard Double Room - Smoking

Did not come with kettle to use by yourself however housekeeping would provide the hot water on request.

Perfect location by Golden Gai and the Shinjuku train station. Housekeeping care daily. Hotel was very nice. Would stay again.

• Reviewed: October 12, 2018

It’s a great hotel
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was quite small that’s all

The location was perfect, close to subway/JR Rail. Lot of restaurant around it. The room I had it had a great view of Shinjuku and able to see hotel gracery’s godzila

• Reviewed: October 9, 2018

Our Best Stay in Japan
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing to complain about. If to say something, hopes that hotel crew can help with the luggage to the rooms as no one help us with 4 big luggage.

The bed is comfortable. Room size is all right, View from the rooms is good too. Good and nice shower pressure. Surrounded with many restaurant and shopping is ease. You can walk direct to Prince Hotel from Shinjuku Station underpass. Also most tour pickup directly at this hotel at the reception area at level 1.

• Reviewed: October 7, 2018

Convenience of breakfast buffet, large lobby waiting area.
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Bath shower curtain was smelly, more accessible hanging space for shirts and jackets

Convenience of breakfast buffet, large lobby waiting area. Travel, tourist information was helpful to get to our destination, staff was polite

• Reviewed: October 7, 2018

Access to transport, restaurants and shopping.
    • Standard Twin Room - Smoking

In Australia we are used to rooms with much more space. We do understand the reasons for the size of the rooms.

Access to transport, restaurants and shopping.

• Reviewed: October 6, 2018

clean, close to main attractions and railway station, staff...

we are family of 5 and reserved 2 rooms. Our room was very small, even comparing to other rooms we had in Japan. our rooms were at the 18ht floor but still we heard a lot of loud voices from the street. the walls of the room were very thin and we heard the little kid from the next room. there wasn't any coin laundry machine like we had at every other hotel in Japan.

clean, close to main attractions and railway station, staff was nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: October 2, 2018

Excellent location, restaurants and shops are all around
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

If more signage are found in the underground subway for the hotel wil be perfect, it is easy to get lost in underground

Excellent location, restaurants and shops are all around

• Reviewed: September 24, 2018

Great location in the middle of the busy Shinjuku.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Right by the rail line, I could hear that and I think my room was near on site washing machines that were going during the night. The room was also quite dusty in places.

Great location in the middle of the busy Shinjuku. Staff did an exceptional cleaning job every day. Staff at reception were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: September 21, 2018

Room was spacious (for Japanese standards)
    • Deluxe Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Staff gave incorrect information regarding courier service. My box was sent to the wrong airport terminal and the error was discovered only when I double checked. Also the final price of my hotel stay was a lot more than the estimate when booking.

Room was spacious (for Japanese standards)

• Reviewed: September 13, 2018

Maybe its a culture but I didnt like the idea I didnt have a...
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Maybe its a culture but I didnt like the idea I didnt have a kettle in my room to boil water and no coffee provided. So I had to buy my own coffee first thing in the morning. Also I had to buy my own water to drink. Its my first time in Japan so im not sure whats it like with other hotels but yea I didnt like about that part

• Reviewed: September 12, 2018

I'd start there again for the price.
    • Standard Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Room very small, more like inside cabin on ship, but that's expected in Tokyo. You get what you pay for.

Good location. Easy as anything can be in Tokyo to get to from Narita airport by train or limousine coach. Plenty of eating places close by. The staff could not be faulted, they were friendly and could help out in English easily. Good bar to hav. Relaxing drink in.

• Reviewed: September 11, 2018

Perfect location to discover Tokyo!
    • Standard Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Excellent location close to Shinjuku station, which made it easy to discover Tokyo. Lively neighbourhood, but the rooms were quiet. Nice and very clean rooms. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: September 3, 2018

Excellent location in one of the shopping malls right next...
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

A little pricey for the size of the room but made up for by the location.

Excellent location in one of the shopping malls right next to Shinjuku station.

• Reviewed: September 1, 2018

Best hotel with good price
    • Deluxe Twin Room - Smoking

I must say I like it very much, with the high price in Tokyo I found it is very worth of money to stay in Shinjuku Prince. Staff are always nice and smiling, building is clean, and have all you need for traveling. close to shinjuku station , and I definitely gonna stay here next time when I come to Tokyo.

• Reviewed: August 31, 2018

Nice hotel, good access to the action-packed streets of Shinjuku.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

The price paid was higher than what Booking.com advertised. Apparently there was a 10% tax that was not included in the Booking price. Misleading.

This hotel is accessible from Shinjuku JR station without stepping outside. It's round-about, but with a baby, stroller, luggage, and heavy rain at the time, the underground access was most useful.

• Reviewed: August 31, 2018

Disappointed
    • Standard Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The room is too worn out including bubbled wall-paper, dirty curtains etc. Air-cond temperature was not adjustable no matter how low you have set, only maintaining the lowest as 25C and always at 27C under heat wave in Tokyo!!! Cleanliness was not acceptable, full of dust above the headboards during our stay. The cleaning staff once even placed an used coaster to cover my glass that with little water left but not change a new glass. Couldn't believe that there's no instant coffee packets provided. No responds to my complaints submitted.

Location is perfect so we are the returning guests but feeling disappointed this recent stay

• Reviewed: August 28, 2018

Perfect place to explore the nightlife in one of Tokyo's main entertainment districts.
    • Standard Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The rooms are very small. Noise from the street doesn't allow for a lie-in.

The location is excellent for access to the local nightlife. Lots of attractions within walking distance.

• Reviewed: August 28, 2018

The location is really good which we can access everywhere...

The room tempature is very high as the air-conditioner cannot be adjusted. Really bad during this hot weather !

The location is really good which we can access everywhere easily

• Reviewed: August 8, 2018

Great location though! Good staff.
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Room size and incorrect description of 5 minute walk from the train (from Narita).

The location was superb if you want access to eating places - hundreds just across the road! It is NOT a 5 minute walk (with luggage) from the train from Narita airport - Shinjuku station is so large that the Narita train ends more like 20-30 minute walk away, dragging your luggage on the road,etc. Do get your own shuttle transfer to your hotel instead of the train from Narita. The hotel is all about location, not comfort. The double room is the smallest we have been in for over 35 years of travelling overseas including Venice (where we thought the room was small). Please note that NO room size was given as opposed to most hotels which give you a size. Now we know why. The photo was accurate (the way it was taken) except that one would assume there was "more" to the room size, but what you see is exactly what you get - good photography! However, if you want location, especially to food, this is it! The subway is an easy walk away(but not the Narita train).

• Reviewed: August 6, 2018

Comfortable lodgings close to the action
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

WiFi was exceptionally slow. A gym would have been good but it's not a deal breaker - just something you'd expect from a huge hotel.

Good location near Shinjuku station in the heart of the action. Comfortable enough room with all the necessary facilities and the provision of a smartphone ( which was handy as I'd lost mine earlier in the trip).

• Reviewed: August 2, 2018

Nice hotel for a short stay - small rooms but excellent location!
    • Standard Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The rooms are very small. For a two-day stay or more I would recommend the Shinagawa Prince Hotel - same hotel chain, but far more comfortable.

Excellent location next to the train station and in the middle of vibrant Shinjuku. The hotel is quite comfortable but the rooms are tiny (no room for putting your suitcase) - in comparison with the other Prince Hotels in Tokyo, this one is a bit less comfortable. Bar also closes early (in sheer contrast with the neighbourhood which never sleeps). Yet for us, it served the purpose (just one night stay, so we didn't need too much luxury).

• Reviewed: July 27, 2018

A Great 6 days Trip with perfect location of the hotel
    • Standard Double Room - Smoking

The window cannot open, its locked. Curtian is kind of difficult to pull.

The location of hotel is just perfect for everything the visitors would need, near the jr station, the central of sighting seeing.

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

Overall excellent hotel, great location, clean and well appointed.

Could have had tourist info like subway maps / streets / sightseeing from hotel location.

Loved the location. Very friendly staff and great shopping and restaurants around.

• Reviewed: July 7, 2018

Wake up to Godzilla's face...

VERY small rooms

Location. Great view. Easy to get to once you work out Shinjuku Station. On three VERY useful metro (F, M and S). A buzzing area and, even though it is the Red Light district, not a bit seedy. Would definitely stay again. Great view of Godzilla from our room.

• Reviewed: June 29, 2018

Nice
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Too close to the train track, very noise during the running time

Close to JR line & there is airport bus from Hanade airport to Shinjuku. Location is excellent

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

I've been to other 3 star hotels in Tokyo, Shinjuku...

I've been to other 3 star hotels in Tokyo, Shinjuku Prince just disappointed me. First of all the room SMELLS BAD and the bathroom STINKS! I had to hold my breath when using the toilet. Before I shower, I had to run the water in the shower for a while for the smell to go away. The screen curtain has broken holes and the curtain does not come down nicely. There is no kettle in the room. You have to get hot water out in the corridor and that is inconvenient. DISAPPOINTING!

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

We would expect to get free breakfast but we didn't.
    • Standard Twin Room - Smoking

We would expect to get free breakfast but we didn't. So we were disappointed with such a big charge no free brealfast. I order to get breakfast they will charge 2300 yen per person.

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

convenient and easy to access
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Free phone to use so you can navigate Tokyo around using the phone called "handy" My son liked it so much by having his ' own' phone

• Reviewed: June 23, 2018

It was a great trip and I enjoyed my stay very much!!
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel and its location was great. A number of good restaurants are within walking distance. It's close to JR stations too!! Glad that I picked Prince Hotel.

• Reviewed: June 23, 2018

Excellent hotel, great location
    • Standard Double Room - Smoking

The hotel room was small (very common in Japan) but the design made it very spacious. The room was exceptionally clean and the hotel staff were very friendly and efficient. Location was right in the heart of Shinjuku. I would definitely stay here again!

• Reviewed: June 19, 2018

The location is located near the Shinjuku Station, it's...
    • Standard Twin Room - Smoking

I wish there can be a self laundry facility within the hotel! The hotel offers laundry service but it would take a day to get back on the fresh laundry.

The location is located near the Shinjuku Station, it's within 10 minutes walking. It might still be a bit distance if you are dragging huge luggage, and if you are taking the Narita Express Train going from Narita AirPort. it gets off at the South Shinjuku station which is far from this hotel. so keep that in mind that to plan extra time when going to take the NEX

• Reviewed: June 16, 2018

Good room in a convenient location.
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room is too small with the sofa bed opened. Hard to open up 4 luggages and our luggages are mainly handcarry type.

The buddy phone. And the sheltered walkway from the JR Shinjuku station. And the shopping mall in the same building. The staff is wonderful and check-in and -out were fuss-free. Will stay here again if visit Shinjuku again.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

Location was good but finding it was difficult due to the...
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like being quoted a price without the 5% tax (Booking.com take notice). Really we want to know how much!! Aud$300 for this property is OVER the top. Stayed in much nicer upmarket places in Japan for less

Location was good but finding it was difficult due to the levels. It’s actually(reception )on B1 so u need to go down..to reception then up! For anyone going to Japan do your homework..locating east west etc is essential and it all looks different at nighttime small rooms but very functional

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

Amazing view of Tokyo from
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

The charge for the room was a bit higher than I had anticipated. As we had booked through booking.com we were given a quote of the cost for the stay. Allowing for fluctuations in the exchange rate the cost on arrival still exceeded what booking.com had quoted by about €40.00. This unexpected increase in the price wasn’t explained to me very well on check in or check out. The room was cleaned to a good standard with the exception of underneath the bed.

We were staying on the 22nd floor of the building and the view was great. The amenities offered in the room were good. There was a vending machine also located on our floor. Lifts were fast. 24 hour presence at the front of the hotel. Great location in Shinjuku. The rooms are compact but are well layed out with everything you could need.

• Reviewed: June 6, 2018

Location was fantastic.

We had 2 rooms. Bathroom in one was fine, but the bathroom in the 2nd was heavily dated, a bit dirty, and had a mysterious slow water leak on the floor.

Location was fantastic. Easy walk to Shinjuku Station. Very close to all the action in Shinjuku as well.

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

The location is very convenient.
    • Standard Double Room - Smoking

It's quite expensive though I believe it is the usual Tokyo price.

The location is very convenient. The room I had has great view of the Godzilla on top of the other building.

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

The best part is the excellent hotel location.

Reception was located in the basement. So you enter the lobby and have to get downstairs to register.

The best part is the excellent hotel location. It's right in the middle of Shinjuku shopping area. You can walk out of the hotel and be in the middle of numerous stores & eating places.

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

• Standard Twin Room - Non-Smoking

when we first arrived we had booked a twin room however it was tiny , so we upgraded to 2 rooms . it was not a problem

All staff are very helpful no matter what you want

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

Ok but not again
    • Standard Double Room - Smoking

The bathrooms smelt and the beds smelt of cigarette. Would of thought they’d have non smoking floors as well as bedding etc. gross. Needs work. Getting old.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

The location is convenient and many shopping malls and...
    • Standard Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The room is a bit small and annoyed by the noise and music outside street!

The location is convenient and many shopping malls and restaurants around the hotel!

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Excellent location

All good and acceptable.

Interesting location to experience the local culture and convenient for food, travel and tours. The room is small but you have everything you need. Hot water can be taken from the lift lobby of each floor.

• Reviewed: May 18, 2018

Perfect location.
    • Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Very hard bed. Room was a tad dusty and slightly unclean bathroom (mouldy around sink).

Perfect location. All the amenities you need in the room. Excellent wifi.

• Reviewed: May 12, 2018

Right in the action
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Room was quite snug for four of us!

It’s location - convenient for so many train and subway lines. Easy to wander out for breakfast and dinner to a whole host of cheap and good eateries.

• Reviewed: May 10, 2018

👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    • Standard Twin Room - Smoking

The location is great. Easy to shop and go around Shinjuku. About 5 minutes to Shinjuku Station (East Exit) and only need to go downstairs to get to Seibu-Shinjuku Station. The staff was so nice and helpful!

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Great location. To our suprise, we found in the room a little device called HANDY with free internet, free local and some international calls which we could take with us while sightseeing the city. That was very helpful and handy :) as we could use google map, check trains - great idea :)

Just right!!

Rooms are too small. Booking.com didn’t inform the hotel about my request. My daughter and I have to stay in a separate room from my husband

Just the location

Nothing special
    • Standard Twin Room - Smoking

Having to pay an additional 240 yen in the room rate which wasn't shown in our booking. Being asked when we are coming back to collect our bags as though we are leaving them overnight. Other hotels which we have stayed in all other 4 trips we were never been ask. Surely we won't be leaving them ovetnight. So it's unpleasant to be asked.

Nothing much.

• Reviewed: May 3, 2018

It was nothing but amazing!

However, the walking distance from JK Shinjuku to Shinjuke Prince Hotel is rather far (prob 15 mins walk).

Well-located around eateries & malls. Most of them are still operating late at night.

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

- Very good location, only a few minutes walk from Shinjuku...

Room size - although its standard size for most Tokyo hotels

- Very good location, only a few minutes walk from Shinjuku station - Free portal phone which includes calls and internet - Vending machines for snacks and hot water located near the lifts of each floor

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

Convenient location for shopping and entertainment district.
    • Standard Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Rooms are small, but this is more or less standard in Japan.

Very centally located hotel in the center of Shinjuku and on the Edge of entertainment district Kabukicho, and in walking distance of Shinjuku JR trainstation (wich can be reached below grounds thru subnade shoppingcentre in case it rains) it sits on top of another trainstation (Seibu Shinjuku) but this is not so handy for tourists)

• Reviewed: April 28, 2018

Good Location with lots of nearby restaurants and shops
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

No complimentary water bottle. There is a water kettle but when we tried boiling tap water, it tasted funny. So we had to buy big bottles of water for the duration of our stay.

Good location with lots of nearby food and shops. Room View was overlooking the godzilla statue from another hotel which was a fun treat. Staff were nice and went out of their way to give my kids origami paper.

• Reviewed: April 25, 2018

Great hotel in Shinjuku especially for first timers in Tokyo

The location is amazing because its walking distance from the most famous and busiest train station, Shinjuku Station. That being said, it will be easier to get around the city of Tokyo and also it’s easy to locate if you just arrived from either Haneda (which is advisable to land because close to the city) or Narita Airport. The room might be small but it’s normal in Japan setting, but the amenities like a vendo machine in every floor, and a lot more is a plus for this great hotel. The staff are helpful and accommodating from check-in, to your stay until your checkout date. And if you’re planning to join tours, it’s also great to stay at this hotel because it’s one of the pick-up points in the Shinjuku area, so that you don’t need to leave your hotel already when joining a group tour. Well I will recommend this hotel to everyone planning to visit Tokyo, and you’ll love it as much as we did, i mean my family. Oh btw, there’s a mall under the hotel, connected to the hotel literally! Mcdonalds across the hotel, restaurantsssss across the hotel, and a lot of malls around and i think 2 or 3 blocks a away from Don Quijote Shinjuku, Amazing? Well more of brilliant I would say hehe. Enjoy your stay and thanks again Shinjuku Prince Hotel 😊

• Reviewed: April 25, 2018

It's quite worthwhile.
    • Standard Double Room - Smoking

The pre-booking through internet was not followed when we actually arrived at the hotel. The hotel fees for our 5-nights accommodation as per our pre-booking by internet was greatly less (and was discounted) but we paid more and excessively higher when we arrived at your hotel. We actually booked for two rooms.

Excellent location and we feel much comfort staying. Thank you very much.

• Reviewed: April 17, 2018

Perfect location, tiny rooms.
    • Standard Twin Room - Non-Smoking

The rooms are tiny. Not enough space to open two suitcases on the floor.

Perfect location. Right in the middle of the hustle of Shinjuku. Everything you need and nothing you dont.

• Reviewed: April 17, 2018

Great location, lots to see and do in and around the hotel. Very clean.
    • Deluxe Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Staff spoke limited English so was difficult to communicate any issues with our booking upon arrival.

The pizza in the cafe was delicious. The hotel was very clean. Great proximity to nightlife and cafes.

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

Very enjoyable stay, we were very well looked after.
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Great location for us. Staff were extremely helpful and hotel was great. We had a large room with 3 single beds (think one was a Z bed) and the 3 of us were very comfortable for 8 nights.

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

Great location & Staff! We Enjoyed our stay!

Liked everything!

Excellent location and great hospitality! The concierge was extremely helpful. The room was basic and functional as we expected in that prime location and for the price we paid (or maybe a bit better than expected). Our suitcases could open and thats all we wanted 😊 from a space perspective. Very neat and clean hotel with ever smiling staff!

We Price Match