Reviews of Swissotel Nankai Osaka 5 stars

542-0076 Osaka Prefecture, Osaka, Chuo-ku Namba 5-1-60, Japan

#67 of 516 hotels in Osaka

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

our room is upgraded , very nice experience and we have...
    • Premier Twin Room

Not much choices for breakfast buffet as i expected for a 5 star hotel .

our room is upgraded , very nice experience and we have morning buffet at 36F.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Best hotel in Namba!

None.

The western-sized rooms made our five-night stay there even more enjoyable. Comfortable sofa and table in the room was perfect for late night snacking and just relaxing after a long day of sightseeing. Ono (delicious) breakfast buffet on the 36th floor of the hotel with spectacular views of the Namba area was awesome!

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Location, executive lounge, wonderful staff and comfy beds.
    • Executive Twin Room with Access to Executive Lounge

Small complaint but the elevators can be super slow during peak times. Perhaps all 6 elevators aren’t running? I missed my train because of waiting for an elevator.

Location, executive lounge, wonderful staff and comfy beds. It’s perfect.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Overall very enjoyable and convenient base in Osaka and we would stay again.
    • Premier Twin Room

Pillows too hard. Sold out of several food options we chose.

Convenient central location. Good quality food and beverages, especially the breakfast buffet. Helpful concierge.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Excellent location for first timer in Osaka
    • Premier Twin Room

Staff forgot to replenish the towel in the room. I have to call to request for a new towel. But the staff came within 15 mins... Another thing is, the bar and coffee at the lobby close very early. But then.. in fact almost everywhere in Japan close early except the tourist area.

The location is simply great

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Hmmm 4 or 5 Star hotel?
    • Swiss Advantage Twin Room

Pretty surprised for the price I paid for a 3 person room, I got a sofa bed with a pillow, just one. The staff knows it was my dad birthday but thats all.

The view from the room at 30th level. The location is premium, the service is not bad.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

An overall fantastic hotel and I would highly recommend.
    • Executive Triple Room with Access to Executive Lounge

Pillows too soft for my liking but that is personal preference. However some high end hotels offer a pillow menu to choose from.

Great location to shopping, restaurants and public transport. Fantastic views from the room and restaurant. A very good breakfast variety with good quality ingredients. The executive lounge served great evening canapés and drinks.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Good location and friendly staff.
    • Swiss Advantage Queen Room

Very dated, very small rooms and no charm. Not very good value for money. You will not have an authentically Japanese experience staying here.

Good location and friendly staff.

I had a great first experience at Swissotel Nankai !
    • Swiss Advantage Queen Room

My partner and I had a very enjoyable stay, the bed was really comfy, location was great for getting us to the airport, the staff were really friendly and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Room inspection recommended
    • Premier Twin Room

First we were given a very dated room that smelled like an ashtray. We had booked the same room category as previously and expected the same renovated spacey room. After we complained we were promised an upgrade to a renovated room. However, that one was more like a single room, the queen bed was placed in a corner and only accessible from one side. The room was tiny and located next to the noisy elevator. After we complained again we were finally given an acceptable room. For almost $400 a night we were quite disappointed and will definitely inspect the room beforehand next time.

Staff was very friendly and helpful and the breakfast buffet leaves nothing to wish for.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Fabulous!
    • Premier Twin Room

The location was great for dining and shopping. The Namba Station right there to venture out! We were upgraded at check in and had view of dotombori! Staff went out of their way to help! Would highly recommend!

Very convenient location.
    • Premier Twin Room

Very convenient location. Right above Namba Station. Easy access to metro and trains. Great access from Kansai Airport. Excellent service from staff, very attentive to all needs.

wonderful
    • Premier Twin Room

Osaka is a city with competitive hotel, sometime I find out that your price is a little bit pricy, the old guest may decided to challenge with the new hotel.

Newly renovate room provided space !, very cozy and comfort and very convenient for all travelers. Highly recommend. I'm very surprise for their greeting as a regular customer, they will upgrade you if the better room was available. Great hospitality hotel.

Excellent hotel!

From my standard, None.

Everything! I really liked the location and polite and kind service of staffs. If I can rate I want to give them all five stars. Straight connection from namba to hotel was excellent. I had to book this hotel on the day the typoon hit and the rate was expensive. But I don't regret at all! I felt comfort as I entered in feeling welcomed and safe. I realized how a hotel can add great pleasure to a trip especially at a time like all your travel and flight is canceled due to natural disaster and feel worried. The hotel staffs are SUPER nice! Definitely recommend!

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Everything is amazing this my second stay their.
    • Swiss Advantage Twin Room

Reception is on six floor but the entrance is bit obstructed by the construction that are going on so be careful don’t miss it

Everything is amazing this my second stay their. And it was perfect. The staff are friendly and helpful, instruction was printed on papers and explain for you fully in english and they show you on the map too. Rooms are average size but big compared to tokyo and it very clean . Room view was fantastic. And we were offer discounts cards for breakfast and for the mall right next to hotel. Price is little bit higher than average but still reasonable. The dotonbori is just minute away so is den den town and American village are 5 min away. Lot of Restaurants in the area right under the hotel. So the location is perfect as it in top of namba station.

The location is the best in Osaka.
    • Premier Twin Room

The location is the best in Osaka. Right next to Namba Nankai station and a short walk to Shinsaibashi and Dotonburi. This is my 4th stay with them and I will still choose Swissotel in future. The staff was helpful and always ready to help too!

NICE STAY
    • Swiss Advantage Queen Room

its not easy for us to find the hotel as a fresh Osaka traveller... that shopping mall Takashimaya just like a maze...

great view from 47th floor window, nice and Clean room, also the staffs professional attitude :) hotel is base in a shopping mall Takashimaya where really close to the famous spots,its really convince for shopping and travel

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Great location & rooms, excellent club lounge staff!
    • Executive Twin Room with Access to Executive Lounge

Would’ve been a 9.2 rating but am disappointed that total yen charged was more than booking.com rate. Didn’t realize it when I signed but my husband pointed it out later. Why?? Sad. Wonder if booking.com can fix this?

Great sized room and layout. The two twin beds put together was comfy for us with one child. Pillow menu. Small slippers for our child. Pyjamas. Club lounge personnel Yamade personally helped to recover something personally valuable to my family, that I’d mistakenly left wrapped in tissue at the lounge. Excellent location. Very safe. Great personnel. On top of Takashimaya and subway station! Walking distance to Dotonburi and etc.!

very great locations - train to airport is next door and...
    • Swiss Advantage Twin Room

very great locations - train to airport is next door and it's the center of Osaka... lots of shopping and food! Great staffs and so helpful! Highly recommended!

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Excellent location, Anywhere is within 800meters.

The staff is off tempo a bit. Ex: no answer when calling from room to front desk. No bathroom amenities to start with. When ask for new room card, only gave us one, but disabled the old ones. There fore I am left with 1 usable card.

Excellent location, Anywhere is within 800meters. Good facilities and room design, be patient and request actively and all your requests can be met.

great location, however it took us a long time to find the...
    • Swiss Advantage Queen Room

we found out the rooms at not-our-side side have a so much better view, you should always ask for it when you check in, I guess.

great location, however it took us a long time to find the hotel entrance from underground, it'll be very helpful if the hotel can put up more signs to indicate the right direction.

It is very nice and lovely!
    • Swiss Advantage Twin Room

It would be lovely if there will be certain snacks offering free to charge during our stay and certain coloring pencils for kids to play with.

The bed is like a cloud, and it's extremely convenient, I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Namba :)

Overall we enjoy our stay.
    • Premier Twin Room

Extra bed matress is so thin, you can fell the wire of the matress, and it makes sound when moving. The bath room interior looks old compare to the room.

Excellent location near nankai station and shopping mall. 10 minutes walk to dotonburi. Spacious room and amazing view.

Fantastic Breakfast option.
    • Classic Room

For a 5 start hotel, the rooms were on the small side but this shouldnt distract one from booking.

Fantastic Breakfast option. Recomended with lovely views! Rooms were well kept and tidy. No isses.

Pool no fun for children .
    • Swiss Advantage Twin Room

Pool no fun for children .... for serious swimmers of which there were none when I was there .. there were more families, all of which were constrained by all the rules .. The worst thing - families with children are second class guests which is reflected on the pool curfew . 2 x 2 hour time slots where children are allowed .

I booked a 3-night stay at this hotel for my first strip to...
    • Classic Room

Nothing, the hotel acted swiftly to make my stay at comfortable as possible.

I booked a 3-night stay at this hotel for my first strip to Osaka and it was a great choice. The location and amenities are wonderful, and the staff couldn’t have been more helpful. My first room smelled strongly of cigarette smoke and it bothered my asthma. All credit to the hotel, they offered me a room change as soon as I raised the issue, and again the following day once the air filter had failed to improve the smell. My second and third nights were supremely comfortable and I would like to thank the staff for their prompt attention. I will definitely return.

Our room was upgraded to a king size room with pull out sofa bed. Easy access to subways and trains
    • Classic Room

We were giving miss information about transferring luggage to the airport which caused us to have to carry 4 large pieces of luggage on the trains during rush hour.

-They did not answer the emails when I faced a problem with...
    • Swiss Advantage Twin Room

-They did not answer the emails when I faced a problem with my reservation, and i tried too many ways too reach them. -The hotel as a 5 star hotel should have a good service but they don’t. - The worst service EVER!

It is the right choice to stay at Swissotel Nankai Osaka.
    • Swiss Advantage Twin Room

The third bed is sofa bed which is not comfortable. Refrigerator is small and there is no freezer.

Clean room. Nespresso machine. Pay at the hotel when check in. Very near to shopping and train stations.

• Swiss Select Queen Room

The double bed was right against the wall. Making it difficult to get out if you are sharing the bed. The toiletries were not sufficient for 2 persons and you need to call for more. So unlike the usual Japanese hotels whereby the toiletries comes in big dispensable bottles.

Location. Walking distance to all shopping areas and eateries. Train to airport is just 3 floors down from hotel..so convenient especially if you have heavy luggage filled with your shopping.

Great place to stay if you are willing to shell out extra :)
    • Swiss Advantage Queen Room

Our toilet had a smell that wouldn't go away even after being cleaned. But this was only a minute detail I could easily overlook.

I liked the location, very convenient, near the shopping district and very accessible for trains and subways. Very convenient given the fact that travelling in Japan requires a lot of walking. You can walk to the JR Namba station from here too through underground passes - I gathered that the buildings are all connected, which is very convenient especially when it's drizzling/pouring outside. During our stay we experienced an earthquake with a magnitude 6.1 according to reports, the hotel had alarms/alerts on speakers in our rooms to quickly alert guests not to panic and remain in our rooms and that they are checking the safety of the building (confident that most buildings in Japan are made to be earthquake resistant) which was very helpful in keeping us calm and updated of the status of the building. All in all, I would recommend Swissotel Nankai to anyone who would like rooms that are spacious (by Japanese standards), great staff and facilities, and those who value accessibility & convenience.

Can't wait to visit here again.
    • Classic Room

Pricy for those who hv budget to spend.

Great location, Great service without asking. Room is standard size compare to others hotel in Japan. I feel comfortable.

We booked a non smoking room but the air was filled with...
    • Premier Twin Room

We booked a non smoking room but the air was filled with cigarette smoke. We told room service and tell them the problem so they brought us a air cleaner. The smoky smell got better but never gone away. When I return home, all my clothes smelled like cigarette. It's the worst experience I've had in a so-called 5 star hotel. And, the breakfast was just average for a 5 star in japan

Made our stay in Osaka
    • Classic Room

Loved the buffet breakfast which came with a panoramic view and excellent spread including local delicacies. Loved the room which we were upgraded to, comfy spacious and clean, even had a " travel buddy" (A smartphone with free wifi and free calls) that we could take out with us. Loved the gym that we were able to use for free following the upgrade which was bright, spacious and well equipped. Loved the perfect location where it only took us less than 10 minutes between our room to check out to being on the train bound for the airport.

Big room with a view, clean and comfortable and centrally-located.
    • Classic Room

No real negatives, although as mentioned finding it was a bit tricky — somewhat due to construction in the station below. The convenient location made up for it though.

Didn't feel like the most modern hotel room, but it was spacious, clean and comfortable, with a good view. The location was very convenient, although a bit tricky to find within the large train station it's above (this describes every large train station/hotel/shopping combo we came across in Japan — elaborate but often tricky to find things).

Very good! Close to all, quiet rooms with comfortable bed
    • Classic Room

Took 15 min to find the hotel entrance, I guess a lot of guests have the same issue, as at check in an insert is provided with the room keys w pictures of how to find the entrance. Also, they charge to use the pool.

Very nice hotel, well located.
    • Classic Room

Very nice hotel, well located. The staff very nice and helpful. The room was big and nice and the breakfast offered a big variety of food. We really enjoyed our stay at the Swissotel Nankai Osaka and will always choose this chain on our future trips.

Hotel was fantastic - great views of Dotonbury at night,...
    • Classic Room

Hotel was fantastic - great views of Dotonbury at night, super clean room, lovely bathroom (pretty big for Japan standards!). Staff were really helpful. Bed was really comfy! Would definitely recommend.

Overpriced.
    • Swiss Advantage Twin Room

Supposed to have a third single bed in the room (for 3 adults) but had a flimsy sofa bed instead with very thin bed padding. Booking.com also said all taxes included but was asked to pay extra taxes upon check in.

Location!!!

Its my third time to stay at Swissotel Nankai. I'm going to keep coming back.
    • Premier Twin Room

Food and Berverage inside the hotel is expensive.

Locagtion location location! After a hard day of shopping, it was good to come home to a clean, comfortable room with a comfy bed and a big (for Japan) bathroom.

Would stay here again ne

The bed was rock hard.

Perfect location with easy access to the subway and the Dotonbori. Room was very clean, and staff at reception were very efficient. We were given an upgrade upon arrival which was unexpected but very nice. The handy phone with unlimited internet and phone calls home to Australia for free, was a great inclusion in the room.

First I was expecting too much.
    • Premier Twin Room

First I was expecting too much...but we are at the wrong floor. Old & smell like a smoking room. should have written that the premier rooms is old wing not renovated. The furnitures & fixtures was old need refurbished. Carpet was old too. Same as the bathrooms. But the cleanliness was superb! Location was good also very accessible to trains & malls.

Perfect location but not really special
    • Classic Room

The non-smoking room was clearly smelling of cigarettes. Cleanness was generally average. They are emphasizing that they are a 5 star hotel but that's a bit of a long shot by international standards at least.

Nicely located near the entertainment center and transportation hub of Osaka. The room was perfectly insulated. Huge bed (after room upgrade). The restaurant features a stunning view of the city.

Good location for Osaka nightlife
    • Premier King Room

Requires two lifts with long connecting corridors to each lift. The first only reaches the the hotel lobby, a second is required for accommodation floors. Mobility impaired visitors may prefer hotels with easier access.

Good location for Osaka nightlife

One of the best
    • Premier King Room

We arrived at Namba station and found it extremely difficult to find the hotel entrance. There were no signs until you reach the entrance to the lifts. The area looks like it's under renovation and was quite obscured. Namba station is huge and consists of several stations. Just remember to head towards Nankai Namba Station and Takashimaya. Hotel is above it.

Once we found the hotel, everything else was perfect. The room was very spacious with an extra big bed and seating area with couch and armchair. The best perk was the swimming pool and jacuzzi; entry is only free for guests staying in the more superior rooms. For other guests, there is a fee to use the pool facilities. This meant the pool area is quiet and so much more relaxing without kids and crowds. Absolutely glorious! Breakfast on the 36th floor had a great variety of food and amazing views of Osaka. One of the best hotels I have stayed in. Thank you Swissotel!

Wonderful stay
    • Premier Twin Room

The room is a bit dated. Need renovation, and the hallway carpet looks a bit old and dirty

Great hotel, with great staff, and great location. Even the room assignment was made perferct to be on the same floor, as we booked 9 rooms in total, so that make us easier to approach our other family members.

Good stay in a great location
    • Swiss Advantage King Room

The room is a bit dated, but I saw some floors with new setting though

We are travelling with families with a total of 9 rooms, and the staff is doing a great job by putting us all on the same floor. Location is superb, its in the centre of Osaka main attraction

位置绝佳,旅游淡季的最佳选择。
    • Premier Twin Room

a little expensive in April. My friend book the room at half price two monthly earlier.

The location is perfect. The railway station and the subway station is just in the same building. The famous shopping area is just outside downstairs. Common, standard room, which give me enough room to keep my two 26' suitcases open.

Convenient location, awkward room configuration
    • Classic Room

We booked the Classic room and it was dated and the one side of the bed was pushed up against the wall. This meant the person sleeping on that side needed to climb over the other person or scoot to the foot of the bed to get out of bed. That was very awkward for a 2 person bed.

Bed was comfortable. Room was clean. Great water pressure for the shower. Fantastic location close to subway and Dotoburi.

Will be back
    • Classic Room

The hotel location was excellent being on premises to the Nankai Namba Station. Staff was excellent with the hotel staff striving hard to anticipate guests’ needs. We were upgraded to a larger room by the hotel.

• Swiss Advantage Twin Room

Staff — not exceptional. Concierge was not too good nor pleasant considering the value of the hotel.

Great location. Convenient access to the subway and train.

Still our top choice in Osaka, but extremely pricey!!
    • Swiss Advantage Twin Room

The rooms rates are very very high and keeps going up. Rooms are not sound proof. You can hear noises from rooms while walking in the hallway.

At the heart of everything in Namba/Nankai , Shinsaibashi, Dotonbori. Rooms are larger than most places in Osaka- or all Japan, having very clean non-smoking rooms and non-smoking floors , beds are comfortable ; concierge is very knowledgeable and very helpful ; staffers are always smiling and never refuse to help ; view from high rooms are fabulous . Convenient access to JR and all train lines.

Enjoyable stay
    • Classic Room

Whilst the decor was a little outdated, the rooms were larger and we were able to relax in our room as well as sleep there. It was a short walk to Dotombori and above a large shopping mall.

Absolutely fabulous and luxurious hotel.
    • Premier King Room

Absolutely fabulous and luxurious hotel. Our view from the 30th floor was amazing! A great big and extremely comfortable bed and very spacious room! We loved it! Highly recommend!

Fantastic location and staff. I would recommend this place
    • Classic Room

Beds: quite "bouncy". Internet: did not work on one of our phone, and the process of connecting was sometimes fine and sometimes tedious.

The location is fantastic. It is near a great shopping area, with malls, and small streets with shops and restaurants. It is also on top of the Nankai train station. The staff are great, always friendly, helpful, efficient.

Stay would have been better if the room aircon was functioning
    • Swiss Advantage Twin Room

The room aircon apparently wasn't functioning well. It wasn't as cool inside the room. I thought the room temp was 'centrally managed' since during nightime the temp outside was low. Complained to hotel staff who upon checking, confirmed the room aircon wasn't functioning well. While staff proposed to move us to another room, we were on the last night of our stay. So it wasn't timely anymore.

Met expectations since we have stayed before in this hotel

The view was great but female staff who is working at a...
    • Classic Room

Breakfast was not great compared to other similar grade hotels.

The view was great but female staff who is working at a reception desk was not great. She looks quite tired when I questioned about the things about hotel.

Very good staff.
    • Premier Twin Room

Very good staff. Knowledgeable an exceptionally helpful. Location above Namba Nankai station, great for day trips to Nara and Kobe. Across the street Dotombori shopping.😃😃😃😃😃

Location is good.
    • Premier King Room

It would be better if they could provide better shampoo & hair conditioner (e.g. From some known brand). The shampoo made hair too dry.

Location is good. We've been upgraded to a larger room that was perfect for us! The room was clean and quiet.

Best place ti stay in Osaka
    • Executive King Room with Access to Executive Lounge

We stayed on the executive floor and highly recommend. Staff is always available, friendly, and helpful to answer questions. Breakfast is excellent and limited to those staying on the executive floors with great views of the city. Hotel has great location with subway and airport train available on site. A 5 star department store also on site with high end shopping and dining. We dined one night in the hotel Japanese restaurant and the service and food were perfect along with a good wine list. The best place to stay in Osaka.

Staffs are very nice and help us in everything.
    • Swiss Advantage Twin Room

Staffs are very nice and help us in everything. They are enthusiastic when we had for help us. Big smile. Location is very good for family because when children want to rest we can back to hotel. Around hotel have a lot of foods ,goods and restaurants. I love it.

Over all happy with our accomodation.
    • Premier King Room

The rooms were tired looking.Some ones else's hair on the fcarpet in the bathroom for the duration of our stay.

Big rooms,handy to shops and train station.

Perfect location, perfect hotel (after being upgraded).
    • Premier Twin Room

As mentioned the room was too old and gross. As a website, you should put a warning that the room being sold is old and is in need of much updating or the little additional for the upgraded room is so much better. I believe the cost difference was only 50 dollars per night.

The room we booked through booking.com was terrible. There were tiles on the bathroom wall, fibers coming out from the side of the bathtub and the it was dirty under the sink. The floor had burn marks and looked really worn out. I had to complain to the hotel front desk who described the room (after the pictures I showed him) as disgusting. He upgraded me at no cost after that. But please check what kind of rooms you are selling on your website cause they are old and dingy. Totally not worth the price you were selling. Of course what I liked is that we were upgraded at no cost.

Good location, lovely hotel and amazing breakfast
    • Premier Twin Room

Once the noise issue was resolved we enjoyed our stay - very comfortable.

We were initially in two rooms at the end of the hall which we didn’t realize was next to the service lifts. There was a constant banging noise - we were kindly upgraded to the executive floor and provided a free breakfast. The hotel staff were very helpful.

Perfect Location
    • Premier King Room

The pool was great, but there were very strict rules to use it. We were in a lane swimming and were asked to move lanes when another couple came in...this happened to others. We all had to wear provided caps. Also we were upgraded so could use the pool which I don't think is available to all guests. Just felt a bit uncomfortable incase we broke any rules!!

Friendly, helpful staff Fantastic location Good, very clean room

OK.
    • Premier Twin Room

Tired furnishings. Mouldy bathtub joint and tile grout. Worn carpet with stains. Difficult to find with the train station upgrade.

Location (train available direct to Kansai Airport). Accepted my Le Accor membership and provided complimentary lounge access, gym and breakfast though we only went for breakfast once (had to wait for breakfast on a weekday, not at peak hour).

The best hotel of Osaka

Everything was perfect!

Perfect location, nice staffs, upgraded room for free, room with wonderful view, I will book again this hotel if I visit Osaka again!

Best hotel in Osaka
    • Classic Room

Rooms, cleanliness, staff, location and specially breakfast. This hotel should actually be the benchmark for the world to see how should be perfect hotels

Excellent location and staff, small room.
    • Classic Room

Our room was small, as was the bathroom. And the queen/king bed was pushed up against one wall so it was difficult for the person on that side to exit the bed.

Location is excellent for taking the Nankai express train to/from the airport and for getting around Osaka,staff is extremely helpful, public areas are very nice.

Very polite and helpful staff.
    • Junior King Suite with Access to Executive Lounge

Although it is a western style hotel, tattoos were not allowed in the spa facilities

Very polite and helpful staff. The facilities were well maintained and clean.

Overpriced
    • Premier Twin Room

We were a bit disappointed with this hotel, it wasn’t a 5 star experience. Our check in was complicated (when it shouldn’t have been). Our room (Premier twin room) was quite dated and overpriced for what we got.

The hotel is well located and close to station, shopping and restaurants.

My stay in Swissotel was great!
    • Premier Twin Room

My stay in Swissotel was great! Of course it's hard to beat the location but what I really appreciated is the effort to make their service more personalised. They went above and beyond by interacting with their guests on a personal level.

Not Happy Chappy
    • Premier King Room

Shower in bath difficult to get in and out and this facility possibly a bit outdated. Aircon controls did not seem to work very well to allow cooling. Room very warm. 28200 Yen too expensive for an overnight, even accepting location. Will not stay there again.

Location above Nankai Station

Great getaway, great stay!
    • Swiss Advantage Queen Room

Nothing to complain about...

The location downtown and the accessibility to transportation were just right! Plenty of shopping stores and eating places around the hotel... This is a traveller's delight! Finally, the staff were courteous and helpful! The concierge, Otaka, and her companion sent us to the right directions and the best eating places at reasonable prices!

Perfect Score - Excellent Stay in Osaka
    • Swiss Select Twin Room

I hate to get an electric static shock whenever I tried to press the lift button or touch other stuffs. But you know what, the hotel provides a “rubber dry pad” for your finger before you touch the button! Thank you for the extra thought really... Things to improve - maybe the outsource house keeping team to be extra friendly?

Second time staying in Swissotel Nankai Osaka, I give a perfect score 10/10.. it is exceeding my expectation and these are the reasons: I stayed in Swiss Select Twin room - the corridor and room has refurbished with new carpet, furniture, and blue color design.. The room itself was quite spacious. Coffee machine, tea, and water bottles are standby in the cupboard.. Amenities such as soap, shampoo, conditioner, shaving kit, hair dryer, iron, and so are ready inside the room. Free wifi inside the room. On top of my working desk, the hotel provides a handy smartphone which provides sightseeing information in Kansai region and wifi hotspot that you can bring out.. Beside my bed, there is a pillow menu that you can choose (hard, soft, latex, etc pillow) and it is complimenyary. Lighting of the room is very good, reading light also there.. Location of the hotel is Superb.. I think the hotel has the best location that you can think of in Osaka. Hotel is just beside Takashimaya Department Store.. Subway Namba station and Train Nankai Namba station are also just down below. It is super convenient if you want to take a public transport.. Shopping street such as Ebisubashi and Shinsaibashi are just opposite of the street. Dotonbori is just walking distance within 8mins.. Five stars dining to road street dining are around the location as well. The concierge is very friendly and helpful.. they are well prepared - for example if you ask information about going to Universal city or Kansai Airpot - they will give a small information paper that indicates how you reach there and the price also.. They can also help you to make restaurant reservation.. I had a late 11pm flight on the departing day, the Hotel kindly gave me complimentary entering the Spa & Pool Area so that I can get a shower and bath before I left the hotel..

Browse Swissotel Nankai Osaka traveller photo gallery