2. Kenya hotel reviews
  4. Reviews of Kilele Homestay

Reviews of Kilele Homestay

Nyeri Road, Kirichwa river court , Lavington, Nairobi, Kenya

#18 of 91 B&Bs and inns in Nairobi

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: January 12, 2019

Clean & Comfy for a short stay
    • Deluxe Studio with Private Bathroom

The host Florence is very welcoming and here communication is 100%. There were some water issues but the way she handled it made my stay at the place comfortable and my expectations were well met

Stayed in January 2019

• Reviewed: December 25, 2018

A perfect and comfy stay, great staff
    • Deluxe Studio with Private Bathroom

The place is very comfortable, quiet and clean, I needed just this kind of place. Josephine and Florence are extra nice and welcoming, also very flexible. The hommade breakfast is perfect. The room had a comfy bed, desk, mosquito net. The garden is very nice and ful of plants with a couch you can chill on. The area is safe and taxis to city center are not expensive (especially if you take an Uber boda-boda. I would definitely come back and recommend it to anyone.

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: December 20, 2018

Awesome stay!
    • Deluxe Studio with Private Bathroom

Florence was an excellent host and really welcoming. The place is located in a sweet and calm neighborhood and the breakfast served was really good! My sister and I stayed several times during our Kenya trip at Kilele Homestay and could even leave some luggage there to make the travelling easier. I can only recommend staying there and would always come back when I am in Nairobi again!

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: November 10, 2018

Super clean room in a house with security protection.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Super clean room in a house with security protection. If you arrive late or early give them a phone call. It’s a house with a friendly lady managing it so no reception. Bathroom was clean. Drinking water was provided and breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

am a happy client and would recommend to everyone in need of a peaceful and relaxing place
    • Deluxe Studio with Private Bathroom

nothing..everything was to my satisfaction

I was in search of a quiet, relaxing place and i got it. very comfy and hospitable. thank you Kilele homestay and am sure to return

• Reviewed: October 21, 2018

Everything was in order.
    • Deluxe Studio with Private Bathroom

Everything was in order. Josephine, who works in the house was very attentive and helpful. The couch was not available but substituted with a desk, which was better for me. It was nice to have breakfast at a common table and chat with other guests.

• Reviewed: October 15, 2018

It was a very nice experience for me. More like staying with friends. I'd recommend.

Breakfast was monotonous.

The owner and housekeeper were very nice and pleasant. The property is in a nice, safe neighbourhood that was close to where I had business and close to many restaurants and malls.

• Reviewed: October 5, 2018

Cosy homestay. Highly recommended
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Not a problem, just worth knowing in advance: We did not get a key to the house, so in order to stay out late we had to wake up our host on arriving back, in order to get in the house. .

EVERYTHING. Cosy house, very welcoming host. Good breakfast, comfortable rooms, clean shower. We ended up returning multiple times during ou vusut, as the place was so comfortable and welcoming.

• Reviewed: September 1, 2018

Thank you for making me feel at home in Kenya.
    • Deluxe Studio with Private Bathroom

The only problem was I had difficulty with airtel network.

Everything was perfection! The only problem was I had difficulty with airtel network I couldn't get hold of my business partners within the CBD and making calls also, was hard. Thats the reason I had to stay for a night . But, so far so good.

• Reviewed: July 22, 2018

Nice homestay gem in Nairobi
    • Deluxe Studio with Private Bathroom

Nothing. Every thing was wonderful!

This homestay is a little gem in the Lavington area of Nairobi. I had a lovely stay at Kilele Himestay . The owner Florence and the housekeeper Josephine were so kind, warm and hospitable. I had nice chats with Florence, she is quite helpful and Josephine always makes sure that you are taken care of. I stayed five nights and the room was a nice size, very clean and comfortable with hot showers a small fridge, coffee maker and microwave. There are also numbers for take out food, safaris and cab transport provided on the room. Breakfast is generally an omelette, fruit, coffee, bread and juice. There is 24 hour security to the property area (Kileleshwa Court is the name of the housing area) with a gate to the property as well as a gate to the room I stayed in, so security is not an issue and is very safe. There is a matatu stop right in front which is convenient to get to town (about 20 minutes) and you can get to the Nairobi Museum as well. Just tell the driver. There are a few places to eat around the homestay. It is about a $9.00/USD Uber ride to the Giraffe Center from the home and about a 40-60 minute ride to/from the Jo Mo Kenyatta airport (Wilson Airport a bit less) depending on the traffic. The area is very residential and when you request Uber, or take a matatu the biggest landmark is the church across the street. Overall, a very wonderful stay at Kilele especially for the price.and hospitality!

• Reviewed: June 15, 2018

Friendly homestay
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Pretty quiet neighborhood, so not that many shops and restaurants at walking distance, although there are a few. Can be a bit noisy in the morning due to construction nearby but that's the case everywhere in Nairobi :)

Very clean, super friendly. I had a great time and felt comfortable in the home.

• Reviewed: June 7, 2018

Lots of charm, excellent value in the heart of Nairobi

Everything was excellent.

Kilele Homestay is a lovely, peaceful place in the middle of busy Nairobi. The room was so clean with everything you'd need, including numbers of taxis and local shops and restaurants. Florence is the perfect host and Josephine is extremely welcoming. I would highly recommend this place.

• Reviewed: December 7, 2017

I cannot recommend it highly enough.
    • Deluxe Studio with Private Bathroom

In one of the two rooms we had there was an occasional problem with the hot water in the shower but we were assured the problem would be dealt with.

The staff were so friendly and helpful. The rooms clean and comfortable and tastefully furnished. The security was excellent, the WiFi was excellent and so was the location.

• Reviewed: December 4, 2017

We stayed a week and enjoyed every day!
    • Deluxe Studio with Private Bathroom

One of the two bathrooms we had did not always have hot water but we were assured this would soon be rectified.

The house is beautiful in a safe and secure neighborhood within reach of all amenities. The staff were absolutely as friendly and helpful as one could wish. The rooms were clean and nicely furnished and the breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: August 31, 2017

Great quiet snd pleasant location.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Everything was 5 stars, no complaints.

Great quiet snd pleasant location. Very helpful staff. Friendly and cozy staying. I would do book this property again. Highly recommended.

• Reviewed: August 13, 2017

Safe, Quiet and very friendly people at this lovely home-stay in Nairobi.
    • Deluxe Studio with Private Bathroom

The location is in the suburb has its pros and cons. It takes a 20-25min ride into the city but it is close to the Junction and Lavington Mall. It's quieter and cleaner but there is nothing to do in the area after 6:30 pm. So you may want to go with friends or locals to the city to look for parties and events at night closer to the CBD.

The hospitality and welcomeness of Florence and her housekeeper Josephine were absolutely great. Florence was wonderful for conversation and sharing ideas about activities to do around town and in the Lavington area. Josephine always was very attentive and prepared a very tasty breakfast every morning. The location of the property is extremely secure and safe as they have a 24/7 security guard by the main gates of the property and then there are locks and security alarms that are set every night at 10 pm. I would highly recommend this to any travellers whose primary concern is safety while they travel through Nairobi. The Lavington Area is a suburb that is about 20-25min away from the Central Business District area of the city and about 40-60min away from the airport and possibly longer with traffic. It is very quiet and sparsely populated. I found the neighbours quite friendly and approachable but it's not recommended to venture out on your own after sunset. There are very few people around the help you should you get into any trouble and although I found the majority of everyone I interacted with was very nice and friendly, there will always be some opportunistic people looking for a way to quickly make some money no matter what country we are in.

• Reviewed: August 4, 2017

• Deluxe Twin Room

Alarm set up to start at 10 pm which meant the guests are locked in their rooms basically if they dont call in advance. These info should be clearly stated online. Also, humid rooms, worse sleep ever.

• Reviewed: July 7, 2017

Unexpectedly comfortable. I would go back.
    • Deluxe Studio with Private Bathroom

Little daylight coming in. Breakfast was exactly the same for 6 nights. Tv didn't work during stay.

Frindly staff. Safe and quiet neighbou. Very clean accommodation complementary toiletries, magnetron, refrigirator, tv and water cooker.

• Reviewed: June 7, 2017

Very nice and beautiful neighbourhood, cozy room and helpful...
    • Deluxe Studio with Private Bathroom

A bit difficult to find the place (better guidelines/description of the way). No direct access to the kitchen.

Very nice and beautiful neighbourhood, cozy room and helpful stuff.

• Reviewed: May 22, 2017

• Deluxe Studio with Private Bathroom

The room is quite dark during the day. The plastic cover on the matras makes a lot of sounds en gets me very sweaty. I would suggest a thick cotton cover to protect the matras. Even though the room is quite big, it feels very tight because of the small kitchen corner, a big bed and a couch.. But there is ample space to store luggage. A desk would have been a nice addition, but i doubt if there is space

The location is great and very safe. Other hotels in this price range are in very unsafe parts of town. An uber to the the city centre only cost me 350 shilling. It is very quiet and there is a lot of nature around. A disadvantage is that there are no restaurants nearby, you either have to call delivery or take a cab. But you are provided a great list of recommendations in your room for eating and shopping. Your room is behind 2 gates, one with a 24/7 guard. Breakfast is great and you can always ask for what you want. There is purified water in the home. Florence and her sons are excellent discussion partners. I could even share in their pizza!

• Reviewed: May 21, 2017

Thank you !
    • Deluxe Twin Room

No real negatives. Just that it is a home, not a hotel / hostel etc.

Lovely to stay in an actual home. The lady whose home i stayed in was a wonderful conversationalist. Happened to see her morning fitness routine which itself is worthy of a salute. Her son was very helpful with directions. The neighbourhood is very safe and the walk to the restaurants is about 10-15 minutes, while there are a few shops 2 mins away for small things. Very happy i chose this place for a one night stay. Much appreciate madam ordering food for my dinner and staying up late (as the delivery person took a long time and went to another location). The price is very reasonable and the room was lovely.

• Reviewed: May 13, 2017

Nice but distant
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Whenever you get out of the house, you need to take a public transportation, which I eventually did not get to use because I got warned about it pretty much. Rather than the public bus, I used the Uber which is very commonly used around Nariboi. It was safe and nice but required quite a high cost considering my budget. It was a good stay but I don't think I will stay here next time I visit Nairobi because of this location problem. And the bathroom didn't look to be cleaned enough when I first checked in. I could find the hair, not just one or two but somehow quite a bit, which would belong to the person who stayed in that room before I did.

Just as its name says, this house feels more like a home-stay rather than a hostel. It is a house where real family lives in and at the same time the visitors can stay in. The owner and the chef were both nice and kind. The room was neat and the atmosphere plus security around the village was absolutely nice. I chose this place as I had heard so much about the poor safety of Nairobi, and in terms of the safety it was satisfactory enough.

• Reviewed: March 5, 2017

Perfect way to start our journey
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The owner Florence and her housekeeper Josephine were absolutely nice and friendly. Florence gave us some good tips about the sourroundings and was patiently answering any question we had. Josephine helped us finding our way arround (e.g. finding a supermarket or getting in the right matatu..) We felt very much welcome. :) The rooms and the bathroom were clean and the breakfast was okay. Nothing to complain about. Thank you for hosting us.

• Reviewed: February 27, 2017

The landlord/owner has personal issues that will make your stay an unpleasant one.
    • Deluxe Studio with Private Bathroom

When I checked in I checked in with friends who lived around the corner. There was no mentioning of ''houserules''. Later in the evening I met the landlady who seemed like a nice educated person, I paid her and I told her my trip was for medical reasons for treatment in Nairobi that I was very sick. The next day when in my apartment I had a friend over for dinner, he was helping me getting around cause am sick. The landlady instead of coming to me personally she started to pick a fight over the phone about houserules and that I was not allowed anybody just even to stay for 5 minutes in my apartment. I was not playing music, I am clean, civilised and polite. I tried to talk reason to her and assured her the person was only staying for a short while. She gave me no other option to leave immediately as my friend ( a male friend and am a guy) had become unwelcome. And she kept on giving me attitude and being very unpleasant. She even plugged out the wifi during the call when she mentions now he can use to the ''free''wifi. For a 50 year old Dr. Being so inhuman and childish. My local friend was even shocked. This dr. Should put up the houserules on booking.com and tell me before check-in. She said they are on AIr bnb but I didn't book there! The house rules were in some file behind the bed. Put them on the front door! The apartment had it own entrance I was not being of any discomfort to that lady. So whatever her problem or issues are I would recommand another place then this one were you and your guests are felt welcome and not thrown out with a lot of shade and attitude if you have company. Also there was heavy renovation going on even after 18:00 week and weekends just around the flat. Too much noise!

Whatever I may have liked became redundant of the way she treats people. For 700 kes the maid washed all my clothes.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2018

Kilele was comfortable, very clean and nothing was a problem.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Kilele was comfortable, very clean and nothing was a problem. Everything was handled promptly and with graciousness.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

Peaceful and restful.. Friendly host..
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Space in my room..a bit constrained..but not too bad for the price..

Nice and friendly host. Quiet and Peaceful environment..

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

assolutamente gradevole!
    • Deluxe Studio with Private Bathroom

excellent location, welcoming, peaceful place, garden, kind owner and staff

• Reviewed: October 9, 2018

safe place to stay in Nairobi
    • Deluxe Studio with Private Bathroom

The location is not close to anything but I used Uber to get to places.

safe place to stay in Nairobi

• Reviewed: October 5, 2018

The hosts are nice and welcoming
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Not anything I can point out..

The hosts are nice and welcoming

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

Reasonable price.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Cozy than I thought.Not that clean as I thought. But it is Ok for passing by .

Reasonable price. Quiet. Warm Staff.

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

Very quiet and relaxed environment and awsome hosts.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Very quiet and relaxed environment and awsome hosts. Really enjoyed my stay.

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

great!!

the serene environment

• Reviewed: February 19, 2018

My stay at kelele was awarmly... I can use it again when i return to Kenya
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Slippers are too small for those who big feet

Very hospitable people..

• Reviewed: January 2, 2018

Makes one feel at home and comfort is to the fullest.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Was my second time there and I loved it. Florence is an amazing host and the house help is always smiling and ensuring the comfort is to the fullest.

• Reviewed: August 7, 2017

Calm environment

Calm environment

• Reviewed: July 5, 2017

Homestay
    • Deluxe Twin Room

A great opportunity to stay in a local's home!

• Reviewed: June 6, 2017

The hospitality was great, the place was clean, quite and of...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The hospitality was great, the place was clean, quite and of high quality.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2017

Owner and staff were very nice and supportive.
    • Deluxe Studio with Private Bathroom

Owner and staff were very nice and supportive.

• Reviewed: April 15, 2017

Cool place for a bargain
    • Deluxe Studio with Private Bathroom

Owner and her helper were very nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: April 12, 2017

Best place to stay
    • Deluxe Studio with Private Bathroom

Best place to stay , very good and comfirmatable

• Reviewed: April 11, 2017

Recommendable place

Service

• Reviewed: April 6, 2017

• Deluxe Twin Room

Improvement could be made with regards to hygiene

• Reviewed: March 20, 2017

Nairobi is livable in Levington
    • Deluxe Studio with Private Bathroom

The room was in the ground floor, a little bit dark, during my stay they have renovations works

The area around was quite nice

• Reviewed: March 5, 2017

good homestay

no restaurant nearby

very clean and peaceful

• Reviewed: February 18, 2017

Definitely going there next time
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Security and I could get Matatu just out side of the gate to go to town.

Security is the best. Lovely family made you feel so welcome.

• Reviewed: February 17, 2017

Very small space and limited cable channels.
    • Deluxe Studio with Private Bathroom

Very small space and limited cable channels.

• Reviewed: February 1, 2017

nice place nice people

lot much restaurant around, but no problem at all

quite, good breakfast, clean and good value for money

• Reviewed: January 28, 2017

An excellent place to stay for cheap

Excellent staff and service

• Reviewed: March 21, 2016

Good location, close to the city, traffic permitting and...

Breakfast could be better and new check in times are too late in the day.

Good location, close to the city, traffic permitting and good security. Rooms are comfortable and staff are pleasant. Good for short stays.

• Reviewed: January 31, 2016

The place is in a serene neighborhood and the staff were...

The place is in a serene neighborhood and the staff were very warm and welcoming. Enjoyed my stay if I could I'd extend it. Definitely coming again

• Reviewed: December 18, 2015

I loved everything about the Kirichwa Court Home-stay.

Nothing...

I loved everything about the Kirichwa Court Home-stay. Being my first home-stay and my first booking.com accommodation I was very hesitant. I didn't know what to expect. The home-stay is located in a pleasant neighborhood. My host was exceptional. She is easygoing and she made sure my stay was very pleasant. I didn't know my way around Nairobi and she was a great help; even dropping me off at an appointment. Facility is clean, quiet and very homely. Being my first home-stay: I really felt at home. My first experience has been exceptional and I'll definitely stay at this home-stay again.

• Reviewed: May 3, 2016

Noted my special diet for brekky and host lady was very...

Noted my special diet for brekky and host lady was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: April 6, 2016

Beautiful place and very friendly staff.

Unable to access kitchen as it it was not self contained.

Beautiful place and very friendly staff. Clean accommodation and super helpful.

• Reviewed: March 17, 2016

The welcome was fantastic.

The room was not self contained

The welcome was fantastic. The room was excellent

• Reviewed: March 8, 2016

• Reviewed: December 28, 2015

friendly and helpful, relaxed setting

friendly and helpful, relaxed setting

There are also 26 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

We Price Match