2. Cambodia hotel reviews
  3. Preah Sihanouk Province hotel reviews
  4. Sihanoukville hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Benny's City Hotel

Reviews of Benny's City Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Serendipity Beach Street (502),, Sihanoukville, Cambodia

#48 of 77 hotels in Sihanoukville

6.2

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: April 29, 2019

Nice hotel, friendly staffs.
    • Family Suite

Facilities are not well maintained, but it's ok if just stay for 1 night.

Nice hotel, friendly staffs. Good location, just few steps to the ferry pier.

• Reviewed: April 27, 2019

Not worth with hotel fee
    • Standard Twin Room

The air-conditioned is bad. It pouring water to the table. The room did not seperate sounds from out side. The toilet is stuck and can not flush easily. View room is bad, not equal to room fee charge is 70$ per night. It not like other people given comment for rating

The host is ok

• Reviewed: April 12, 2019

Next to the ferry terminal.
    • Club Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

We didn't try their food. We had only one day. So I couşdn't observe any problems neither with the facility nor the staff. So I can't address any particular weakness.

Next to the ferry terminal to Koh Rong / Koh Rong Sanloem (about 50 meters). Also next to the beach where you can find nice food later at night. Walk towards the ferry terminal and turn left. Follow the beach and walk around 400-500 meters. You will find many restaurants that you can eat at night. One of them (Khin's Schack) is a great restaurant. Try their kampot pepper crab, kampot pepper squid and kampot pepper shrimp. Yummy. They also have coctails (2 USD). You can even receive neck massage from ladies walking around the tables at night time! Any ways, Benny's hotel is a nice place to stay particularly if you are on your way to the islands. Good staff. Decent breakfast and nice rooms.

• Reviewed: April 8, 2019

Very relaxing
    • Standard Twin Room

It would have been nice if the lift didn't break down when we were in it but the staff acted fast to get us out

The beef kebabs were really good so was the coffee. Rooms are spacious and very quiet. The perfect place to be near the pier for ferries to the islands

• Reviewed: March 15, 2019

Thanks for the extra night food.
    • Standard Twin Room

Plumbing was somewhat of an issue yet again Bennie attempted to take care of us right away. Thanks to him and his generosity.

Bennie is a great host and will try to solve any issue right away. I appreciate his attitude.

• Reviewed: March 13, 2019

Perfect nice hotel for a not great area!
    • Standard Twin Room

Couldn’t have any form of food or snack in the room Beautiful rooms though not any negatives at all

Really recommend Hotel is right by the pier which is perfect - serendipity beach (building sites border the beach so it’s not clean) - good Turkish restaurants on pier Super clean Amazing bathroom Modern rooms Lovely soft comfy beds Good air con Tv What you need as we spent a lot of time in the room after coming from koh Rong and being a bit unwell - and this area is very dirty a big construction site on every building and corner so get yourself a nice room if you have to stay in Sihanouk ville

• Reviewed: February 14, 2019

Very good in Cambodia
    • Deluxe Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

I hope there is a hairdryer. every time I wash my hair, I can only use a towel.

On sea view room, I stayed eight nights and renewed my contract for a week, staying for half a month at $80 a day. overall, the Turkish boss was very enthusiastic. Employees also greet "hello sir,how are you today." warmly when they see me. first of all, I don't care about money when I come to travel. I just want to stay by the sea for a while. In general, the facilities in the hotel are relatively perfect. It's not easy for you to understand those employees, They do these jobs with the minimum wage, and I tip the waiters $2 every time I eat. all in all, in a word, it's great. in Cambodia, there aren't many Western-style hotels, and Benny's City Hotel is one.

• Reviewed: February 14, 2019

The location is perfect-- 120 metres to the pier.
    • Family Suite

The surrounding is dirty and disordered, which is what Sihanoukville feels like.

The location is perfect-- 120 metres to the pier. The decoration and cleanness is Ok. Staff are helpful.

• Reviewed: February 8, 2019

Not recommend
    • Club Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

There are pictures everywhere saying it's a $50 fine if you eat in your room (no mention of that in the booking.com advert)! The room doesn't get cleaned during your stay (again, no mention of that in the booking.com advert). The staff were noisy, constantly shouting and banging, and seemed to have loud impromptu parties every so often. The place smelled of hot dogs. The room was generally run down: AC stains on the walls, damp on the ceiling. The bathroom was really badly designed, and for example to get into the shower you had to open the shower door which banged into the side of the toilet, and needed to be dragged across. The 'Ocean view' was laughable: we looked onto a derelict building site with a sliver of Ocean in the far corner. Siahnoukville itself is a dump. Breakfast not included, even though the room was expensive. Really would not recommend.

To be fair, the room was spacious and comfortable, and the AC worked well. No mosquitoes. Easy access to the pier.

• Reviewed: February 4, 2019

Very close to the pier for the islands, food was good and...
    • Standard Twin Room

When we got there the owner was having some sort of argument with his staff and was throwing his motorbike helmet aggressively around the reception area. Our room had a hole in the roof and was leaking water all night which we had to put a cup under. We only stayed 1 night so didn’t make much of a fuss.

Very close to the pier for the islands, food was good and the bed’s were so comfy!!

• Reviewed: January 17, 2019

Would stay again
    • Deluxe Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

The hotel is in an excellent location, internet is very fast, bed is comfortable, room is good size with sofa, powerful shower, food available on ground floor, and price reasonable compared with other nearby hotels

• Reviewed: January 9, 2019

Good hotel for catching an early boat to the islands
    • Family Suite

The room need maintenance and the cleaning could be improved.

We booked one night before catching the boat to the islands and the location is just great for this. The beds were really nice and soft!

• Reviewed: January 7, 2019

On the whole, disapointing
    • Standard Twin Room

Hot water was a hit and miss affair, mostly lukewarm to cold, very occasionally hot, which only happened about 5 times during a two-week stay. Bathroom sink leaked at base onto the bathroom floor, informed reception twice but nothing was done. Staff very noisy from about 7 am onwards they seemed to be shouting at each other from opposite ends of the building! most annoying at times. Unless you are a backpacker staying only a couple of days, I suppose OK, but not recommended for a 2 weeks!!!

Staff very friendly and helpful, food at the restaurant was good if a little expensive compared to other restaurants in the surrounding area.

• Reviewed: January 4, 2019

Squalid!!
    • Family Suite

This place is really horrible and really expensive. When we arrived at late evening the chines girl told me the credit card machine doesn't work so only in cash. Asked me go to ATM to widthrow money. They don't ask even passport, said me only to pay. So No registration In the bathroom shower tap and washbasin were about to fall down and the furniture was leand one side. And the room looks so dirty. We paid 160 USD without breakfast . Actually this money value more than this squalid room. Fortunally we stayed just one night. We slept with cloths and left the room at 7 am. Never again!

It's really close to the pier if you have to take a boat in early morning.

• Reviewed: January 1, 2019

The bed was very comfortable.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

Surrounding area and beaches are full of trash everwhere. Dirtiest beach I've ever seen. Hotel is way over priced for area and no breakfast included.

The bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: December 23, 2018

Probably the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed at.
    • Standard Twin Room

Beds were not cleaned, bathroom had mould and was very dirty, floor had a lot of sand, room smelt like cigarette smoke and had a very bad odour. Man at reception said they only take cash as well, different to the website.

Location is good

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

Location to the ferry terminal meant we could walk 5-minutes...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

Nothing here was bad, but Sihanoukville isn't a great place to be at the moment due to all the construction happening around the city. It's dusty, but our room was free of dust and noise.

Location to the ferry terminal meant we could walk 5-minutes and get on the boat to the islands. The room was large and clean. We spent one quiet night here and were satisfied with our experience. The staff were efficient in getting us into our room when we arrived weary from a long day of travel, which we really appreciated. They helped sort out the safe for us, and to get our window to close very quickly.

• Reviewed: November 25, 2018

My worst experience ever!
    • Club Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

My worst experience ever! I double checked the credit card possibility but when I arrived at 11pm, the Turkish owner yelled at me that if you don’t bring cash, he will cancel the reservation or I could cancel it but if I do, I had to pay half as penalty. How come this “booking.com” can have this place for selling? OMG... I wouldnt book this place! Don’t recommend at all! (Ocean view was amazing, you can check my photo. And also the toilet was broken. No one cleans my room even though I stayed 2 nights)

• Reviewed: September 4, 2018

Nice accommodation
    • Club Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

Unfortunately We cannot eat in the room and the door is quite difficult to open with key. The aircond in the room is leaking.

The room was very clean and nice! I love the design of the room and the facilities in room very much! Really value with money! The location is quite near to the town and a lot of shops nearby!

• Reviewed: September 1, 2018

Hated every moment of my stay here. They are not worthy of their three stars
    • Deluxe Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

Hated every moment of my stay. Room was not clean and the staff were rude. There was a large hole in the bathroom above the toilet which dripped water on top of you when sitting on the loo!!! The air con was leaking down the wall and the room smelled like cigarettes. The wall were not white either but had grubby hand marks and dirt all over them. No TV remote which meant we had to change the station by standing beside it. The Balcony room view was off the wall of the building next door

Checking out as I hated the place!

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

Location is good, Turkish guy was helpful and it’s not a...
    • Club Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

Had to ask to get my room cleaned, room smelt of smoke, Airport transfer requested came 40 minutes late ( not hotels fault but they did arrange it ). It’s a simple room that looks like it’s starting to fall apart and the service level is really needs to Improve. Ocean view is really a view of an empty piece of land that will be build on shortly.

Location is good, Turkish guy was helpful and it’s not a noisy location.

• Reviewed: June 13, 2018

一言难尽!
    • Club Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

To be honest,i wont come back to stay here anyway.We return three times to the reception becaus the room got so many prombles,the first room is dirty,and the air condition is not work by the controller.the second room is horrible,the gate is broken.the third one is fine,its just fine.And the staff working here do not understand english,so communication would not go on smoothly.btw,hot shower is not available all the time,if you want it after going back from kaohrong,you should prayed to heaven…God bless…

the bed is comfortable.

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

Not so good and not so bad
    • Deluxe Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

No daily clean service, not include lunch with more to pay per night, water just only 2 bottles for first day and actually no seaview room

Good location and near with port and easy to traveling to Kho Rong

• Reviewed: March 6, 2018

They asked me pay by cash when I checked in though I already...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Balcony

They asked me pay by cash when I checked in though I already made payment by credit card through website. I am asking them to pay back but the owner won't catch my phone since I asked first time.

• Reviewed: February 26, 2018

Cleanining needs attention!!
    • Standard Twin Room

The cleaning could be a lot better. The bathroom had thick black scum at the doorway and mould all round the plumbing . Not too sure we had fresh sheets either.

Comfy Bed..

• Reviewed: February 26, 2018

Ok but bit pricy
    • Club Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

No hello or traditional welcome what so ever. The sea view room was of a construction zone with men drilling day and night. Not there fault but price should of been adjusted

Good location on main Rd. Moden vibe. Near most restraunts and things to do

• Reviewed: February 25, 2018

Big and clean room.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

Cold shower, AC not powerful enough to cool the room, staff that simply doesnt care and the view from the room was over a neigborhood that just got destroyed to make room for another chinese casino. I coulnt even use the balcony because of the fires that thay keep going 24/7 to burn the trash.

Big and clean room. Comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: February 19, 2018

Definitely would NOT revisit or recommend
    • Duplex Single and Double with Balcony and Street View

Everything- see above

No redeeming features.lift broke down with us in it - not even an offer of a beer for being trapped for half an hour, WiFi patchy at best,overpriced and it didn’t include breakfast!! They required alll the cash yes cash upfront,however I can see why that would be as a lot of people refusing to pay full amount at the end.

• Reviewed: February 15, 2018

One night was enough
    • Standard Twin Room

You could pick the safe up and walk out the room with it Could of been cleaner, plumbing didn’t work and shower drain back filled and I could smell sick

Bed was very comfortable

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

• Club Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

level of cleanliness not very good.. unfortunately view of building site with a lot of dumped rubbish...very smelly...partial sea view but not able to sit on balcony.

Comfy bed and big room

• Reviewed: February 9, 2018

Grubby and greedy
    • Club Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

Payment in full, in cash at check in. Told to hurry up (several times) and follow the staff member to our room. We were meeting friends so literally dumped our cases and then went out. When we returned later I noticed the bathroom had not been cleaned. And the dirt was not from only the previous occupant, this was a build up of soap scum and toothpaste dribbles and water marks and lime scale from over a period of time. The toiletries were half used already and left in a heap on the shelf. The bedding had been changed but was too small for the bed. The view is of scrubland and construction works. I did not use the shower as it was not clean. The bed was comfortable and the tv worked fine. Staff in the bennys restaurant were jaded and unfriendly and the food is no good. Overall I could not wait to leave this hotel. I have stayed in hundreds of hotels and this ranks as one of the poorest because no one seems to care and it is definitely overpriced, In retrospect I now understand why they take your money at check in. Overall, if this place had a decent housekeeping department then it would be fine, but we all expect a clean room at the very minimum. Cheeky lazy money grabbers.

Good location close to ferry terminal.

• Reviewed: February 6, 2018

Awful English owner and dirty room
    • Standard Twin Room

Attitude of the owner Refused to take credit card although advertised doing so Booked the hotel as it advertised free shuttle to the airport. When we asked for this the owner and staff basically laughed in our faces

Comfortable beds

• Reviewed: January 28, 2018

Nope

Half of the building seemed to have been in an unfinished - "good enough" - state despite the pretense of excellency. Missing wall socket covers, wabbly faucets, missing screws where they should have been etc. The view from the 2nd floor was just rubble and rubbish... guessing there used to be some buildings there. The view from ground floor was just a concrete wall, and that would be acceptable, except there must have been some heavy machinery parked right behind which made for an unwelcome alarm at about 6 AM (on a Sunday, no less) - kept going until we checked out at about 11. There was a strange odour in the ground floor room at all times - possibly besause the shower drain was either way insufficient or clogged and taking a shower flooded the whole bathroom, which ended up wet at all times. It is also forbidden to eat in your room under the threat of a $50 fine... Why? I expect to be able to do whatever in my room, as long as it is legal. And lastly, I found a cocroach in the shower and it ended up crawling inbetween tiles before I could do anything about it😐 Glad we only spent one night.

Location, close to the ferry terminal

• Reviewed: January 21, 2018

The beds!
    • Standard Twin Room

The beds! Best nights sleep. The shower... unbelievably hot and great pressure. The staff and owner were exceptionally helpful and welcoming.

• Reviewed: January 20, 2018

Size of the room.
    • Club Double Room with Balcony

If you are gay.. you are not welcomed here.no one(only one person) of the staff smile and say good morning to me.I did not get any genius offers!i booked club double room with balcony city view.you can see my view below.

Size of the room..mattress

• Reviewed: January 18, 2018

Benny's Hotel Best Stay
    • Deluxe Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

On arrival a few small issues with the room ! But Management and staff had it all sorted with in a short time. Very Good and prompt.

Staff where fantastic , Food best I had out all places I eat during my stay.

• Reviewed: January 6, 2018

Our club room was lovely.

No plug in sink!

Our club room was lovely. Really spacious and clean. Lovely balcony with views of the sea. Prime location although slightly noisy street.

• Reviewed: December 28, 2017

Noisy hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

fridge was empty really really noisy (music and drunk people screaming all night) I didnt feel safe there and woke up every hour. Such a shame because the mattrass and pillow were so confortable ! transparent glass door in the bathroom (toilet).

Room very modern and nice decoration looks new mattress was really confortable ! such a shame that it was so noisy

• Reviewed: December 27, 2017

Location was very convenient, close to the ferry terminal.
    • Standard Twin Room

Our room smelled like cigarette smoke :(

Location was very convenient, close to the ferry terminal. We also forgot out passports at the property and they were very helpful in returning them

• Reviewed: November 29, 2017

Nothing special
    • Standard Twin Room

breakfast not included, very costy in comparison to the nicer surrounding hotels, nearest beaches overcrowded and lots of bars, rude personnel, not allowed to eat in the room! AIRPORT TRANSFER NOT PROVIDED, not the reply for my mail question

Location near ferry terminal to the islands

• Reviewed: November 2, 2017

Good trip
    • Standard Twin Room

Staffs did not receive my genius benefits in the booking so I had to ask her but nothing happened. I doubt the information between Booking.com & the hotel is not clear as she showed me the reservation and there was none of benefit for Genius account

location and decoration in here is good. Comfort bed and well-arranged stuffs

• Reviewed: October 2, 2017

Location and Location
    • Club Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

It will be good, if breakfast is provided.

The hotel location is very connivence and virtually at the town centre. Very helpful staff and especially the Manager (from turkey) thanks so much.

• Reviewed: September 27, 2017

Perfect location if you want to visit the pub street, to be near of the beach and to the ferry.
    • Standard Twin Room

The staff didn´t speak English, therefore was a little bit difficult to communicate but they were very committed to their job.

The room was very clean, I had a modem in my room so the internet was perfect. The room was very clean and the location was perfect.

• Reviewed: August 28, 2017

As I orally reported at check-out to the affable owner, I departedas a satisfied guest.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

A good balcony with a modest seaview. Housekeeping services & schedules were unknown to me. Higher quality bedding linens, comparable that of the bath towels, are suggested.

A new building with a modern design, great plaza-like entry for check-in, a lift, nicely furnished rooms with needed amenities (safe, fridge, good wifi, toiletries, etc), location is just meters from the ferry, the beach and commercial entities. Great staff.

• Reviewed: August 24, 2017

I arrived in this hotel with my reservation of booking.com He had no rooms for us. Everything was full! They told us there was a problem with Wifi... So we had to look for another accomodation! Never again!

• Reviewed: August 5, 2017

A pleasant stay at beautiful Sihanoukville
    • Standard Twin Room

The drain is clogged in one of the bathroom

The location is just a few metres walking distance to the serendipity or occhuteal beach, good to get a good view of sunset. For Muslim, there is a very new Thai halal food an-nour established next to giant ibis transport bus station, halal KFC and Turkish halal kebab stall near the tourism info within walking distance, nearby restaurants, shoplots, laundry, tour booking and motorcycle rentals are all easy to reach, the room is nice, quite clean and comfortable, staff is helpful with request to call Cambodian numbers or anything related to tour, tuk tuks are abundant

• Reviewed: July 26, 2017

More of a hostel vibe
    • Family Suite

Benny's hotel had more of that hostel vibe. The room we had was unfinished construction wise and extremely dirty. The floors were sandy and had hair everywhere. The sheets were dirty and didn't fit the bed properly plus as we got there around 7pm (from our bus) they were selling our room to someone else. Throughout the hotel there was also a stale water smell. We were leaving at 8am the next day so it was fine for the one night but definitely wouldn't stay again. Way too expensive for what you get. The restaurant also try to tell us we hadn't paid a dollar of our meal and we clearly had.

Location to the pier for ferry transport to the islands.

• Reviewed: June 7, 2017

We did not stat at Benny because when We arrived We met the...
    • Club Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

We did not stat at Benny because when We arrived We met the owner WHOs by the way was drunk and very impolite, and he told us there was no available rooms despite a huge sign on the pavement offering available rooms. He would not accept our reservation from booking. Com. In my opinion booking.com should not represent such a rude and disgusting owner and his hotel.

• Reviewed: March 23, 2019

Friendly and helpful staff!
    • Standard Twin Room

Friendly and helpful staff! We had such a warm welcome, our booking felt like the best decision of the day directly :)

• Reviewed: March 3, 2019

Value hotel at good location.
    • Standard Twin Room

Shower water is not hot, only slightly warm.

• Reviewed: February 28, 2019

Super comfort bed, good location, spacious room, value for...
    • Club Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

Super comfort bed, good location, spacious room, value for money and rationable price, i will come back again

• Reviewed: January 30, 2019

Absentee benefits - no gallery, no terrace, no view.
    • Standard Twin Room

Absentee benefits - no gallery, no terrace, no view. View ahed a wall. Bathroom with covering of mild.

• Reviewed: January 9, 2019

Silent
    • Standard Twin Room

Good

Silent

• Reviewed: January 8, 2019

not so bad

a little dirty

people so kindness

• Reviewed: November 28, 2018

The room was very comfortable and clean.

Wi-Fi should be better

The room was very comfortable and clean. Well done !

• Reviewed: October 26, 2018

Food

No clean

Food

• Reviewed: March 16, 2018

Stayed 4 nites room only cleaned once would have preferred...

Stayed 4 nites room only cleaned once would have preferred daily for the price

• Reviewed: February 20, 2018

never check in the bennys city hotel

severse

the price very high,the severs much pool ,

• Reviewed: February 13, 2018

Convenient place for a stop over.
    • Standard Twin Room

Bathroom could have been cleaner

Good location. Was in need of a good sleep. Beds very comfortable.

• Reviewed: February 8, 2018

Everything great.
    • Standard Twin Room

Drains in the bathroom were smelly. But nothing you can't handle.

Everything great. Staff, location. I recommend it.

• Reviewed: February 2, 2018

No.1 boutique hotel in Sihanoukville for sure.

Small bathroom.

Very cool owner and extra friendly staff.

• Reviewed: January 29, 2018

NIL

Unique

• Reviewed: September 4, 2017

Good Location Close to the Main Pier, Restaurants and Beach

Good Location Close to the Main Pier, Restaurants and Beach

There are also 36 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

We Price Match