Reviews of Tara Angkor Hotel 4 stars

Vithei Charles De Gaulle, Siem Reap, Cambodia

#158 of 427 hotels in Siem Reap

Excellent value for money
    • Superior Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

Lovely hotel with very helpful staff. Good location and perfect for a trip to the temples which the hotel staff were happy to organise at a good price. Comfortable and excellent breakfast. Very good facilities.

We had a very enjoyable stay in Tara Angkor & the staff helped make it a memorable stay.
    • Superior Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

The staff were very friendly & professional. We ate in the restaurant 2 nights, varied menu & efficient staff. Great variety at breakfast also. The pool area was a nice place to relax.

We recommend this hotel, the free transfers to airport make hassle free stay , you won't be
    • Deluxe Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

We had a problem with smell in our children's room from renovations but they moved the room with no problem and we all enjoyed our stay very much. Free foot massage was lovely too! Everything so handy, tuk tuks to take you anywhere and mini mart next door . The food is wonderful and the staff all very friendly. Pool is a great place to cool off and enjoy a drink or some food.

Amazing!!
    • Studio Room (No Window) - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

The laundry service is expensive.

Everything was amazing! The staff are friendly and helpful. The restaurant offers a good dining option which is reasonably priced. The pool area is excellent. Everywhere is extremely clean. The gym has everything you could need. We originally booked for 2 nights and ended up staying for 5! Highly recommend staying here!!

Perfect holiday resort!

Nothing. This place is perfect

The staff were friendly and knowledgeable. They even tried to find a phone repair shop for me when my phone had issues. I was even even a free 30min foot massage! Serivce is excellent and staff could speak good English. I throughly enjoyed my stay there and would 100% recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Siem Reap.

Great location, friendly staff but a lot of ants in our rooms.
    • Studio Room (No Window) - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

Got a lot of ants in our rooms and bathrooms. Old hotel rooms, old facilities, and wifi a bit slow.

Great location and friendly staff. Easy to find tuk tuk from hotel to angkor wat and pub street. Beside Tara angkor hotel has a mini mart and massage shop.

Room is clean and staffs are friendly.
    • Superior Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

Room is clean and staffs are friendly. They even packed breakfast for us when we informed them that we would not be coming back to the hotel for breakfast as we would be going to watch the sunrise at Angkor Wat.

Our stay with Tara Angkor was very memorable and We will recommend this hotel very highly.
    • Superior Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

The room was very clean and as comfortable as one can expects. The bathroom was very clean and spacious. The staff were very professional, courteous and friendly. They help me plan my tour of Siem Reap with outstanding professionalism. The breakfast was outstanding with varieties of choices (European and Asian).

The staff did not inform me that they have a policy not to...
    • Superior Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

The staff did not inform me that they have a policy not to take home the laundry bag. I have dirty clothes and put it in my laundry bag to separate it with the clean ones. They inform me during the check out and they let me remove my stuffs and return that bag. I have a short stay in the area and no time to read all whatever the things in there. I travelled several times and stayed in Hotel 3 to 5 stars and this is mu first time i was embarrased. If they have policy like that they should have informed us during the check in.

Nosy noisy
    • Studio Room (No Window) - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

The hotel i directly opposite the night market. Even having requested a quiet room, and being Easter they could not move us, it is extremely noisy with the music. They said it stops at 11pm, try 2pm. Don't say here if you a light sleeper or go to be bed before 2am

Rooms nice size. Beds comfortable.

Very nice hotel and very nice facilities;
    • Superior Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

Unfortunately this hotel is located right across the road from a Food Truck/ container Night Market/ Carnival, and the loud music travelled through the hotel until after 1.00am... not much sleep! This was a Saturday night though, but I'm not sure whether this happens every night.. Now I understand why they left pairs of earplugs next to the bed!

Very nice hotel and very nice facilities; although a little small, the pool area is quite nice, and the spa is excellent - environment and therapy service.

Good but they need to communicate...
    • Studio Room (No Window) - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

I booked with the front desk for the free return shuttle. Everything was ok until I was about to board the van (which was apparently reserved for the American guests).I already had my luggage inside the van then out of nowhere this man whom I’ve never seen before said “you don’t belong here”! This is a chartered van. I told him “so what did you want me to do?” I was just on the verge of anger when a bellman said it’s ok. He told me to hop on the front.

Perfect. When people say you get what you pay for...this is totally the opposite. I would think I did not pay much for the resort quality. I could not give it a perfect score as otherwise there will not be any room for improvement.

Hotel is beautiful.
    • Superior Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

No tour coordinator on site. Drinks were expensive but there is a mini mart next to the hotel to get cheap drinks.

Hotel is beautiful. Staff are very friendly. Pool was nice. Bathrooms are clean and hotel provides nice bath robes for pool. Air conditioning in the room was good. Close to night life and restaurants.

Very satisfactory We would stay there again
    • Superior Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

The lobby wasn’t as pretty as the outside but the interior courtyard was lovely

We were pleasantly surprised to get an upgrade of a suite. The latte coffee was a nice bonus The fruit and flowers were very appreciated Thanks

High quality. Great place to unwind and relax after long busy days discovering Angkor Wat/Thom

NOTHING!

Tara Angkor is in a great position, very close to Angkor Wat. They have a free airport shuttle service which is really helpful. Superb facilities, swimming pool and spa. Room has everything you need. Breakfast excellent. Staff friendly and helpful. We would highly recommend Tara Angkor.

Value for money. Easy access to sights and nightlife.
    • Studio Room (No Window) - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

Some insects in the bathroom. Bath drain was clogged and slow to empty.

Comfy beds. Excellent breakfast spread. We are vegetarians and we appreciate the special dishes on the breakfast spread.

Impossible to get any rest & relaxation at this hotel
    • Superior Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

Loud music every night till 1 am from near by bar And again at 6 am in the morning like religious pipped music Banging & drilling beside the pool area

Large rom, nice breakfast, possibility to have have shower...
    • Superior Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

Small barhroom, very noisy air conditioning, torn sheets, a lot of staff hardly english speaking.

Large rom, nice breakfast, possibility to have have shower after check out, transfer to airport included in the booking.

Nothing about bad point.

There is a staff who can speak Japanese. Clean room, kind staff and good location. We cohld use shower room next to pool after we checkd out! It was very helped us.

I really enjoyed my stay in Tara Angkor Hotel. Very safe, clean, family-friendly & customer centric
    • Superior Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

Not walking distance to stores, market, convenience stores. We have to take tuk tuk.

The room was so spacious and very clean. Likewise, they are very attentive and concerned of our needs. The staff are warm and always smiling. They even surprised my mother a birthday cake during our visit.

Great value & comfy
    • Studio Room (No Window) - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

No windows for studio room.

Everything was great, good breakfast especially the noodle soups, free massage for try. Good location to the main attraction.

Fantastic stay at Tara Angkor
    • Superior Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

The wifi in our room was at time hit & miss but we managed ok

Beatifully presented. Our room was lovely and the bed very comfortable. The buffet breakfast was lovely too with plenty of choices.

Definitely good for value!
    • Deluxe Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

Aircond is a bit loud, but other than this, everything is perfect!

The breakfast buffet is amazing. Location is so convenient, the center of the center of Siem Reap, easy and close to everywhere. The room is big, bed is comfortable. Great value! The staff (assistant manager) is very friendly and polite. for the 3rd (additional) bed for a double room, they charge US$ 35 per night only. For late check out (half day), they charged us for US$ 28 only, indeed a pleasant surprise!

Hotel must stay!
    • Superior Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

Everything is great except the aircond is too loud.

Perfect location, easy to go everywhere! 15 minutes from the airport, 8 minutes to the shopping areas (old market, pub street, night market), 5 minutes walking distance to National Museum (next to DFS). More importantly, 30 minutes to Angkor Wat! The breakfast buffet is amazing, you must try and cannot miss it. Free massage (30 mins) and free airport transportation. Double room is quite big and comfortable. This is definitely a great choice for family and friends! For 4 stars hotel, you get the value of 5 stars. In addition, when we requested to extend the room for half day, check-out at 6 pm, the hotel charged us USD 28 only for half day/per room, which is a great deal!

Fantastic value
    • Superior Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

Need USB ports in room. Pressure in shower could be stronger.

Friendly staff,coffee was great in Forest Cafe next door. Short tuk tuk ride to Pub Street. Staff were very informative.

Lovely hotel with friendly staff.
    • Superior Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

The manager is Japanese and struggles with questions in English which is not what is expected in an international hotel. Beer in the town is 50cents but $3.5 in the hotel which sets a poor tone.

Nice airy hotel with reasonably sized room. Good breakfast, nice swimming pool and nice friendly staff.

Relaxing 🌺
    • Studio Room (No Window) - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

I love your outside pool area / gym area All staff in all areas were very welcoming and helpful right until we left so thankyou so much would highly recommend your hotel to others

Yummiest brekkie
    • Superior Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

Not much at all, distance to night market but that's not a criticism on their part

This hotel is lovely! The pool was perfect after a long hot day. The gym is small but does what it needs too. I had an amazing massage at the wellness centre. Breakfast was great! Probably one of the bests I've experienced.

All round perfection
    • Superior Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

Loved everything and will be back next time

Full service excellence, beautiful interior space, peace and convenience. Lovely spa, pool and breakfast. Delightful and highly professional staff

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Nothing to fault about this hotel
    • Deluxe Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

could not find anything not to like

there was not a lot within walking distance , but there were always tuk tuk's outside the hotel and were very reasonable priced.( 3 dollars into town) we could find no faults with the hotel at all, the staff were extremely courteous. The free shuttle to and from the airport was excellent We had a Tuk Tuk Driver called Soy, who is always at the hotel charged 18 dollars a day and took you anywhere , spoke good english,and nothing was to much trouble

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Excellent stay!
    • Superior Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

Probably the only issue we had were that the beds were a little firm for our tastes. The rooms were great and comfortable though!

The staff were wonderful! We would stay there again if we return to Siem Reap. Breakfasts were fantastic! Food in the restaurant was excellent, reasonable and varied enough for those in our group who were not as adventuresome. The pool was comfortable and drinks were a reasonable price for a 4 star hotel. They were very flexible with allowing us to stay around the hotel all day waiting for our plane out of Siem Reap and home!

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Tara a charming, sweet one with too many tourists that spoiled the ambience.
    • Superior Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

Too many cooks in the kitchen. Many hotel staff walking around, the reception and when you approach one of them, they couldn't answer your question which you end up going to the reception. The staff were too highly strung, they don't listen to what you are saying...they just want to tell you what they think you should do...So I just made a point to approach one person at the reception from day 1 until we left. I gave her a generous tip which they don't expect. On our third night both my friend and I got a nasty diarrhea not sure if it was from the fruit we ate on our last breakfast or a combination of heat and water...But we were warned not to eat any type of fruit in Cambodia and we still did to try the mangoes on our last day. Tara is really a nice hotel but they had tons of tourists, noisy ones...

Breakfast choice of food was excellent. Croissants/breads were fresh. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The location is perfect.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Fantastic all round.

Be aware it you stay at xmas /new year, you have to pay for a gala dinner costing 50$ per person. We would not have chosen to do this and so felt our hand was forced on this. It was okay but was overpriced and we would much rather have gone to a restaurant of our own choosing on xmas eve.

Fantastic all round. Super breakfasts and very comfy rooms with extras like a thin duvet on top of the mattress to provide extra comfort. We were travelling with our two adult sons and we had interlocking rooms with a living area as I had booked a suite for us. This gave us a great area to relax in when out and about. Lovely swimming pool to chill by.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

I liked everything.
    • Superior Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

I liked everything. :-) The staff were super friendly and kind, I had a big comfortable room with a super comfortable bed, the breakfast was excellent, and the swimming pool was a perfect place to relax after a tiring day. I was very happy that the hotel was not in the city center so it was quiet.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Comfortable hotel at a very affordable price
    • Superior Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

Separate shower would have been nice, hotel location a little out of city centre, not really walking distance in the heat.

Excellent swimming pool with good snacks no service, good selection for breakfast, huge bed, comfortable room, very helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Highly recommended!!!
    • Superior Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

Spacious, clean room. Staff are very helpful, friendly and polite. Breakfast was fantastic with so many options. Bathrooms were cleaned twice a day. It's definitely value for money.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Always Great !!!
    • Superior Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

When our friends arrived the Hotel, I booked for them , and they had a reference no, and picture of booking. com confirmation but they could not find it. When I talked to the stuff, finally luckily stuffs found our reservation .

Specially Massage place , and breakfast .

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Excellent value in convenient location
    • Superior Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

Some of the staff were very friendly and helpful but others less so. I couldn't get any assistance with finding a driver for 3 days, nor recommendation of a taxi company. Although we had 3 rooms, the staff couldn't arrange a late check-out for any of them.

I've stayed here several times now. The location is good and it's excellent value for money. Includes a good buffet breakfast. Very nice pool. Lunch is good quality and also reasonably priced. Property is very attractive.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

A short stay near Angkor Wat

I liked it all

The hotel is about 5 km from angkor wat and 3 km from the centre of town. The property is excellent throughout with attentive staff good breakfast well appointed rooms and a nice pool. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

A magical setting in comfortable conditions
    • Deluxe Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

Pool area was unfinished in one area and wardrobe doors were awkward to move. These were minor blemishes to overall experience.

Layout of hotel was particularly effective with all facilities , pool, spa and outside area compact but easily accessible. A separate cocktail lounge was an intimate and relaxed setting with attentive staff.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Room Service taking food and beverage orders by phone...
    • Superior Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

Room Service taking food and beverage orders by phone English very poor and then they blame the customer because I speak English fluently Never can check-in to this hotel without a delay. Inconvenient to the start of my business activities

Loved the staff , the food at restaurant, the cocktails
    • Deluxe Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

The air conditioning was noisy and we couldn’t unlock the window

Loved the staff , the food at restaurant, the cocktails

Very good service

Very good service

Great hotel and staff.
    • Superior Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

Had dinner in the hotel one night and the chicken was very poor quality, especially considering the price of it.

Great hotel and staff.

Pleasant
    • Studio Room (No Window) - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

Replacement of tea/ coffee in rooms

The laundry is too expensive without any logic relative to...
    • Studio Room (No Window) - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

The laundry is too expensive without any logic relative to the outside laundry services

everything but breakfast

the breakfast

everything but breakfast

5 star service with 3 star facility
    • Superior Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

The gym was a little small with limited facilities, the decoration was a little old.

The service impressed me the most, and the breakfast was yummy.

Awell run hotel.
    • Deluxe Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

Awell run hotel. Wiht friendly helpful staff

Big breakfast buffet.
    • Deluxe Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

Big breakfast buffet. Good bicycles.

Clean and very comfort

Staff was very helpful

Always a good stay
    • Superior Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

Breakfast buffet was outstanding.
    • Studio Room (No Window) - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

Breakfast buffet was outstanding. The staff and the room and the lobby were all above my expectations. Highly recommend this hotel.

The staff were friendly
    • Superior Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

The pool was on the small side but beautiful

The staff were friendly

I will recommend to my friends when they travel to SR. For sure, i’ll Come back again.
    • Studio Room (No Window) - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

I do like your staff and facilities a lot. Food is good too.

bloody fantastic

n//a

excellent place food and breakfast unreal room excellent as well as helpful staff

Fab

Every thing

Breakfast was excellent

Breakfast was excellent

The staff were so friendly and helpful, nothing was too much...
    • Superior Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

The staff were so friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. Great buffet breakfast too.

central location, fantastic pool, amazing staff

pool and rooms

central location, fantastic pool, amazing staff

Pleasant stay in safe surroundings.
    • Superior Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

Good breakfast range, fresh food and hot coffee with attentive service. Nice pool. Helpful, friendly staff. Spacious, spotlessly clean room.

Great base for town and temples.
    • Superior Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

Excellent staff always willing to help. Very good breakfast. Pleasant pool. Excellent value for money.

Hotel's conversion rate USD/local money, recommand ...
    • Deluxe Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

Hotel's conversion rate USD/local money, recommand to pay all in USD. Don't buy post stamp at Hotel(even in USD) !

Very friendly staff
    • Superior Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

Bed very firm Very busy reception area but probably due to time of year

Very friendly staff

Quite enjoyed the overnight stay.
    • Superior Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

Breakfast had a big selection. Good pool. Room was reasonable size.

Highly recommend Tara Angkor for high quality value.
    • Superior Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

Very friendly helpful staff. They answered every question and gave great insights to our itinerary. The food was good, but the staff even better.

Staff, pool, spa
    • Superior Room - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

Weather is hot and humid

Staff, pool, spa

Very nice stay

They are charge $ 5 for laundry bag

Good breakfast clean room and swimming pool

Everything.
    • Studio Room (No Window) - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

A bit expenses prices for lunch or dinner food.

Everything. Nice stuff, cleaness, food.

I think some things are over priced.
    • Studio Room (No Window) - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

I think some things are over priced.

Enjoyable stay in Tara hotel

No balcony

Nice staff

Excellent hotel with very helpful staff.
    • Studio Room (No Window) - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

Excellent hotel with very helpful staff.

really enjoyed my stay...would look forward to stay in future.
    • Studio Room (No Window) - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

the overall atmosphere, the friendly n helpful staff

Good services
    • Studio Room (No Window) - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

Wifi in the room not reliable

Good services

Pool, service and my meal at the restaurant at the end of...
    • Studio Room (No Window) - Free 2-way Airport Transfer

Pool, service and my meal at the restaurant at the end of the foyer....best roast duck curry ever.

Browse Tara Angkor Hotel traveller photo gallery