2. Cambodia hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of The Villa Sok San Square

Reviews of The Villa Sok San Square 3 stars

# 456, Sok San Street, Khum Svay Dong Kum, Siem Reap, Cambodia

#357 of 490 hotels in Siem Reap

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 25 November 2018

I wouldn't stay here again, but if you're on a tight budget and just need somewhere to crash it's ok
    • Deluxe Double Room - Free Airport Pickup

I wasn't expecting much based on the price, but was still pretty disappointed. My room faced directly onto another building under construction about 2 metres away so all I could see was a concrete wall and about 20 assorted pipes and cables hanging out of the wall, like a giant black octopus. As a result the room was very dark and as the globes in the room are low wattage energy savers it was still dark with the lights on. I asked straight away to change to another room but was told they were full and I could possibly change the following day. Jumped online and checked if any of the booking sites had rooms available that day. They did, so I'm pretty sure the hotel was not full. Off to a bad start. I'm sure not all rooms are the same and I can see that potentially others could have a different experience to mine. So, apart from the light and my outlook I guess the rooms are ok. I had a bedside lamp but it wasn't plugged in as the cord didn't reach the nearest socket. The biggest let down though was my bathroom. It was pretty rough. Towels that used to be white are now grey, threadbare and full of holes. Bath/shower recess area and the shower curtain are old and mouldy. Bathroom sink was about 80% blocked so water took a fair while to drain away. The bum gun hose was broken so it was almost unusable. Shower water temperature was impossible to control. Sorry guys, but I won't be back.

Great location with easy walking distance to Pub Street. Handy restaurant downstairs. Pool is nice for a dip but looked a bit cloudy. Pool area is small but pleasant and peaceful. Rooms are a good size.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2018

good value for money but too noisy at night because of nearby bars
    • Deluxe Double Room - Free Airport Pickup

pub street is so close that it is extremely noisy at night, from my room i could hear loud music until 3am everyday, so unless if you're also out partying...

friendly staff, close to pub street, surrounded by restaurants, bars, spas

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Staff was great.
    • Deluxe Twin Room - Free Airport Pickup

Staff was great. I was try to booked taxi from hotel via e-mail. He trying to manage thing for me. Cleanliness, stafffs were very polite and friendly. Location is perfect. Just few step to the Pub street and Night market.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Best Location ever!!!

Best location for person who looking for a place near PubStreet. The room might be a little bit small but it is okay. You can find anything during stay at there. Will be back !

Great location and friendly staff.

The water pression was very poor. Did not have water in some moments. It takes almost an hour for serve to breakfast.

Great location and friendly staff.

The hotel needs a decor .
    • Deluxe Double Room - Free Airport Pickup

The hotel needs a decor .its all like a dim candle light dinner .rooms needs more lights .and washroom needs attention .As well as the breakfast is in set no buffet which i dont like .

• Deluxe Double Room - Free Airport Pickup

Bathroom had broken tiles and mouldy shower curtain but for 24 AUD a night including breakfast can’t complain.

Restaurant great. Staff friendly and helpful. Great location

Great short stay to see all the Angkor temples
    • Deluxe Double Room - Free Airport Pickup

The hotel is really near the pub street and some Mini Markt what is really great and as they are 24\7 helpful it matters too , I would recommend this to others

A good location ,close to market and pub street
    • Deluxe Double Room - Free Airport Pickup

The pool was out of action ,green colour for our 4 days stay ,so no swimming and it was hot .The guest Computer did not work ,I couldnt find an internet cafe anywhere.The aircond in our room took 6 hour to get to 26deg c .

The breakfast selection and dinning area was good and the staff very helpfull .We had a great tuktuk driver supplied by the hotel.He took us to many attractions.

Grrrrrreat
    • Deluxe Double Room - Free Airport Pickup

The hotel is wasting time on making bed look luxurious, it is not bad, it is just that it is out of their way since the hotel represents simplicity. And the hot water system is more complicated than 5-star hotel’s.

The hotel doesn’t exaggerate. And everything functions well.

With a small effort it could be better
    • Deluxe Twin Room - Free Airport Pickup

The people from the restaurant only wanted new dollar notes which bothered us a lot because we brought them from abroad and it was difficult for us to get new money. Luckily people from other restaurants accepted them. Cleaning staff comes extremely early and there is a strong noise from the air conditioner machines if you stay in the ground or first floor.

Clean comfy room, fantastic swimmingpool (though always very cold cause the patio barely gets two hours of sunlight). It's well located.

• Deluxe Double Room - Free Airport Pickup

Only suggestions is that the bathrooms and beds could use updating. Bathroom had lots of mould in the silicone/grout and the bed was very hard.

It was nice to have a pool, however the area only gets sun for 2 hours but still nice. Great location, just seconds from pub street and many night markets. Staff were very helpful.

Better service at cheaper places
    • Deluxe Twin Room - Free Airport Pickup

There were mice / rats in our room and on the last day there was no water in the whole hotel so no shower before a long flight. They told us breakfast was between six and ten. Arrived one day at 9am and it had gone, the day after we arrived at six and breakfast wasn’t served until 6.45... we had to miss it to not miss our bus.

It was a good location with great breakfast food, cheap beer

We stayed 3 night and it was perfect for this.
    • Deluxe Double Room - Free Airport Pickup

Not very good breakfast, no view from window(other house wall)

We stayed 3 night and it was perfect for this. Staff speaks good English, free airport pick up, 4 pillows in the bed, very good location. Value for money

Great staff, nice building, large rooms, good location
    • Deluxe Double Room - Free Airport Pickup

Unfortunately there was just a few mosquitos in the room that gave us some nasty bites in our sleep

Great staff, nice building, large rooms, good location

Great location great pool in sunshine for only two hours...
    • Deluxe Double Room - Free Airport Pickup

Concerned that my battery pack was taken at this hotel just before check out however cannot be certain. Also staff member asked for tuk tuk to take me to night bus went to 'wrong stop' then took me back to town and charged me. Couple of issues that didn't add up.

Great location great pool in sunshine for only two hours however. Desk staff helpful and friendly. Family room which I was put in as my room was double booked was huge and clean and I would rate this for a family. Double room more run down and air con faulty luckily room did not get hot on that side of building. Great food In their restaurant ate there twice.

Good location, basic but adequate

It clearly states on booking.com that cribs are available for under 2s. I requested a crib with the initial booking and a follow-up email a few days before the stay, only to find upon arrival they do not have cribs at all. At no point did they reply to email to tell me this, so we were left in a difficult situation. The staff seemed unconcerned by our problem and made many excuses, which spoilt our stay.

Good location. The restaurant attached to the hotel served good quality, cheap food. Room was basic but perfectly adequate.

The family room is a waste of money. I'm sure there are much better options nearby.
    • Family Suite - Free Airport Pickup

Family 'suite' overpriced. Third floor - no lift. Poor water pressure. Toilet didn't flush. No safe. No breakfast. TV remote didn't work. Bathroom amenities limited. Didn't try the pool but it's pretty small and doesn't get much sunlight.

Convenient location.

Comfort accommodation to stay!
    • Deluxe Double Room - Free Airport Pickup

The place is a loud from the noise outside street!

Overall, just spending for 3 nights at The Villa Sok San Square as I came for visiting my friends here in Cambodia, I felt comfort and warm by the stay here as it makes me feel like home. Thanks so much !

The stuff was really nice and helpful, always with a big smile and making everything easier. It was really in the center and the food of the restaurant was really good

Some of the bar staff were friendly and eager to please...
    • Deluxe Double Room - Free Airport Pickup

Bathrooms! OMG! I'm Caucasian and 5"10 on a good day. My 'shower' jettisoned on my chest at best. Hairwashing was damned near impossible. I expected low water pressure but not low water. Lovely staff. Mostly. They tried. Quick to ask for a buck but lacked on any service delivery. I really wanted to say nice things...

Some of the bar staff were friendly and eager to please however driven by what I felt was a management driven decision to make a buck. Uncomfortable at times.

Great location, helpful staff
    • Deluxe Double Room - Free Airport Pickup

Very good location, near pub street but far enough to enjoy calm nights. The hotel arranged a tuk tuk service to Angkor wat. The driver YON, was great! he even offered me cold water for free, which was very much appreciated after visiting all the temples. Ask for Yon if you plan to visit the archeological zone or any other ride around the city.

• Deluxe Twin Room - Free Airport Pickup

Many of the staff does not recognise us even though we stayed there for 4 days. Hence, they were always always ushering us to their restaurant. I also think that they could be much friendlier to Asians. It seems like they treated the Caucasians with more enthusiasm.

Although we have checked out, the staff allowed us to take a bath in their spa room before we took our Giant Ibis overnight bus to Phnom Penh. Location was really right at the center, which is so convenient for us to visit the popular landmarks!

• Deluxe Twin Room - Free Airport Pickup

Food is average, restaurants around here mainly serve generalised tourists food, but it's cheap.

Perfect location, and friendly staffs with good English are always helpful. Their tour packages are considered cheaper than what I found online.

Poor WiFi
    • Deluxe Double Room - Free Airport Pickup

The WiFi in the hotel was extremely, extremely poor. I struggled to load anything, even text based websites on the 2nd floor. I was lucky to have family on the 3rd floor, which was by far the strongest connection of all the WiFi points in the hotel. Other than that, the WiFi was shocking and you'll need to invest in a data sim card if you want any sort of connection. The air con in the rooms was pretty terrible, and my safe didn't lock. The showers have to be running for 5 minutes until there is hot water, and even then the design of the bath meant it flooded the bathroom every time I showered.

The staff were so lovely. Nice bar downstairs.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Nice hotel, but just next to the construction.

There is the construction just next to the hotel. So it's possible to sleep only until 7 AM. The wifi almost doesn't work in rooms.

Nice hotel and staff. Perfect location.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Recommended!
    • Deluxe Double Room - Free Airport Pickup

The first day the room was full of mosquitos. Took us some time to get rid of them and find where they came from: there are a couple small holes in the bottom left corner of the window (at least in room 209). Once we closed them with some toilet paper we never had another mosquito in the room. A bad smell sometimes comes from the bathroom but that happens EVERYWHERE in Cambodia, and South East Asia in general, so I'm giving the place a 10/10

Just around the corner from Pub St, many venues around, they have a cheap restaurant where the food is delicious! Nice pool, big room, comfy bed, telly with many channels is English. Lovely staff. The day we left we checked out in the morning but they let us keep our stuff at the reception for the whole day, as we were catching a night bus.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

The size of the pool was great.
    • Deluxe Double Room - Free Airport Pickup

There was not many seats around the pool. If you wanted to get a drink you need to walk back through the corridors, out through the lobby to the restaurant. And there was no towels available without requesting them (they needed to bring them out) at the reception before going outside to the pool

The size of the pool was great.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Great location, wonderful staff
    • Deluxe Twin Room - Free Airport Pickup

Shower has little hot water, wifi slow better in the restaurant. Pool in shade and cold especially in the arvo. No lifts you nay be carrying your bags up 3 flights of stairs. Food in restaurant mediocre only ate there once, plenty of great cheap restaurants around.

Great location, staff extremely helpful and polite. Beds pretty comfy and room decent size. Has a pool but very cold. Great value for money. Would stay again.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Nice place, well located, awesome staff.
    • Deluxe Twin Room - Free Airport Pickup

The bathtub in our room had a hole in the bottom and when showering would make leak water to the floor.

Extra friendly staff, room was good size, they helped us with our activities.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

The staff were excellent!
    • Deluxe Double Room - Free Airport Pickup

We only had 2 bath towels on arrival, no bathmat, handtowel or flannels. So we just asked the friendly staff. It wasn't really an issue.

The staff were excellent! Very polite, helpful and friendly. They smiled and greeted us every time they saw us. Nothing was too much trouble and they made us feel very welcome.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Dissapointed stay
    • Deluxe Twin Room - Free Airport Pickup

The service is unrekiable. Requests have to be repeated everyday to be sure you get a cab for the airport. Late check out was pronised but then limited to 3h plus. Resto is good but people are slow. Staff has several jobs and after 22h we could not get a cocktail because the boy had to do the reception. Low customer service experienced. Cleaning womeb were the only one greetibg and being of help.

The pool was a place of peace and refreshing after a busy day. Everything is close even cheap shops.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Great location nice kerbside appeal
    • Deluxe Double Room - Free Airport Pickup

Air conditioner leaked water onto the floor all day when switched on. Secondly bath leaked water consistently which spread around the toilet which meant when u walked into bathroom I got your feet wet.

Location and staff excellent

• Reviewed: 13 December 2018

Location and staff

Old and needs major work Bathrooms terrible We had to cancel two rooms as they were so bad Dirty and old

Location and staff

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: 7 December 2018

Rooms were good.

The front road

Rooms were good. Rate was low

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: 29 October 2018

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Excellent place to stay, Great staff, friendly, happy,...
    • Deluxe Double Room - Free Airport Pickup

Excellent place to stay, Great staff, friendly, happy, helpful and professional. My room was excellent, the food was good and the pool is nice.

Its delightful
    • Deluxe Twin Room - Free Airport Pickup

I didnt like to check out.

I like everything in that place.

Very excellent service!
    • Deluxe Twin Room - Free Airport Pickup

Very excellent service! Very accomodating staff and prompt response to needs! Room was very comfortable!

Fab! Defo stay again.

Pool isn't the best!

Everything! The staff were friendly, location was fab. Can't complain. Bed was super comfy.

Amazing!

Amazing!

• Deluxe Twin Room - Free Airport Pickup

Clean room with beatiful garden

Nice place to stay with great location

Location, rooms, staff

nice and helpful staff

nice and helpful staff

Awesome place to stay in Siem Reap!
    • Deluxe Double Room - Free Airport Pickup

Awesome place to stay in Siem Reap! Very affordable! Great Breakfast for 2$ and the staff were very accommodating! Highly Recommend!!! PANALO!!!

Need to upgrade the place
    • Deluxe Double Room - Free Airport Pickup

Toilet and thenlifhting too dim

V old

Good value with nice and clean room

No toilet sprinkle

Clean . Value, good staff

Awesome place to stay very close to everything and staff so happy to help, will be back again!
    • Deluxe Double Room - Free Airport Pickup

Staff were soo friendly, we had a special treatment as it was our honeymoon and we absolutely loved the hotel!!! pool was awesome and clean as well.

Excellent value for money! No frills but it was a good and clean stay.
    • Deluxe Twin Room - Free Airport Pickup

The room could be a bit brighter

The location of the hotel was unbeatable with easy walking access to all the night markets

other than that, it was amazing👍🏽👏🏻
    • Deluxe Double Room - Free Airport Pickup

no hairdryer and the wifi was bad

other than that, it was amazing👍🏽👏🏻

Fantastic location.
    • Deluxe Double Room - Free Airport Pickup

Fantastic location. Great value for money.

Fabulous - would definitely stay again if I go back to Siem Reap.
    • Deluxe Double Room - Free Airport Pickup

Bathrooms could do with a bit of up-dating

Bed was huge and very comfortable! Staff super friendly and helpful!

Very good night there ! Thank You !
    • Deluxe Double Room - Free Airport Pickup

Cold swimming pool but it's okey. Shower too cold or too hot

Excellent service by the staff :)

everything
    • Deluxe Double Room - Free Airport Pickup

hardly anything maybe the odd mosquito in my room but one mozzie is nothing.

everything

Great location very friendly
    • Family Suite - Free Airport Pickup

Staff very friendly and accomodating. Great location close to everything.

Walking distance to Pub Street and Night Market and Halal...

It's okay. Everything's great

Walking distance to Pub Street and Night Market and Halal Food

Good food in restaurant.
    • Deluxe Twin Room - Free Airport Pickup

A little cleaner would have been nice.

Good food in restaurant. Staff friendly and helpful.

Good location and value for money
    • Deluxe Double Room - Free Airport Pickup

Less choices for breakfast provided.

Hotel staffs are very helpful and friendly. Good location to explore pub street and night market.

Swimming pool, cheap beer, convenient location

Problem with staff

Swimming pool, cheap beer, convenient location

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

They let us stay longer after the check-out.
    • Deluxe Double Room - Free Airport Pickup

The area is too touristic and the breakfast is expensive

They let us stay longer after the check-out.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Great location, friendly staff and the bar makes good...
    • Deluxe Double Room - Free Airport Pickup

Great location, friendly staff and the bar makes good cocktails at great prices 😊

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Nice place in Siem Reap
    • Deluxe Twin Room - Free Airport Pickup

Not really keen in problem solving fast!

Location, room size, bar

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Made me fall in Love with SiemReap
    • Deluxe Twin Room - Free Airport Pickup

the pool area isnt too nice but I did not really need it anyways

Friendliest staff, very nice and big room, perfect location

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

The right choice
    • Deluxe Double Room - Free Airport Pickup

Perfect hotel in every respect location price etc best one in this area for money by far!

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Frendly helpful staff.
    • Deluxe Twin Room - Free Airport Pickup

The road outside is unsafe.

Frendly helpful staff.

Brilliant choice!!
    • Deluxe Double Room - Free Airport Pickup

People will smoke in bar area.

Very good location, and you can easily find food and many others.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Great location!
    • Deluxe Twin Room - Free Airport Pickup

Wifi was slow at times. No mini bar.

Hot shower. Close to pub street and night market. Cold a/c. Set menu breakfast.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Fantastic staff
    • Deluxe Double Room - Free Airport Pickup

Staff were excellent, always happy to assist, very accommodating. The location was good , near to everything but not too close.

• Reviewed: 29 May 2016

The staff where so friendly always welcoming you and making...

Air con was really bad, two of the mornings we had the cleaners knock our door at 8am for room service...

The staff where so friendly always welcoming you and making sure everything was OK. Hotel has a decent COLD pool which is great and the rooms where cleaned everyday.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

Helpful & friendly staffs, they help us whenever we need.

It doesn't have lift but it's still tolerable. It isn't easy to find halal restaurant/ halal food for Muslim around the hotel.

Helpful & friendly staffs, they help us whenever we need. Close to night market in the main street. Close to the bus/ van stop. Wi- Fi in the room and in the whole hotel is good

• Reviewed: 6 March 2016

Pool .

They suppose to pick me up at the airport and they didn't. Had to arrange everything by myself at the airport, but they pay me back

Pool . Staff. Location

• Reviewed: 14 February 2016

Friendly cleaners

No welcome drink upon arrival (supposed to get one with genius) Staff - guy behind bar rude No wifi - told people that it needed resetting as we could see the light was off on the box outside our room wasn't sorted, just our floor Took ages to make a green tea - 20 mins No lift Air con not very good, leaks and is loud Pool shallow and doesn't get sun Not a very helpful guy behind reception when asking about Angkor temples a different guy showed us a map which was helpful Rooms dated Hard bed

Friendly cleaners

• Reviewed: 6 February 2016

Good value, friendly staff, close to downtown

Small breakfast need to have better value. Offer it for 3$ and add more Bacon, three slices of toast and jam. Bathrooms need Renovation.

Good value, friendly staff, close to downtown

• Reviewed: 3 February 2016

Nice location, near the night market and pub street but very...

Nice location, near the night market and pub street but very quiet. Very good restaurent with free soft drink and beer, delicious food with reasonable price.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2016

The staff was incredibly helpful.

The staff was incredibly helpful. We had a minor medical issue that required stiches and the staff was amazing in helping us find a clinic and getting us a cab to take us there and wait for us. The beds were comfortable. The room was dated but clean. We had laundry done there and although it wasn't originally ready when promised the staff went above and beyond to make sure we had it back by the time we needed it. There was a restaurant at the hotel that was good and affordable. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

There are also 37 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Showing 1 – 75

We Price Match
We Price Match
Low rates • No booking fees • Find cheaper? We'll refund the difference!