Reviews of Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman 5 stars

287, Dongho-ro, Jung-gu, Jung-Gu, 04618 Seoul, South Korea

#191 of 637 hotels in Seoul

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

My whole holidays was spoilt due to the incident, I was really upset.
    • Superior King Room

Overall staff good, except my last day at the buffet breakfast the kitchen staff was so rude. He snatched the dish laddle from my hand and threw another dish spoon on the dish. Apparently I used the wrong utensil to dish the food.. he stared rudely at me and walk off.

Room air condition was terrible, too hot and couldn’t sleep for 3 nights there.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

very nice and friendly stuff.

no umbrella in the roon. and not as fashion as the picture showed

very nice and friendly stuff. the shuttle bus is helpful and easy to take us to downtown.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

It's a wonderful stay in Seoul, with a comfortable bed, good breakfast, smiling staff.
    • Superior Twin Room

The hotel has a very good location. It's convenient to visit places of interest by taxi, or even on foot. The breakfast is excellent, with a huge variety of choices. The bed is comfortable. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Next time if I visit Seoul, I will still choose to stay in this hotel.

The service from the staff was excellent!
    • Superior King Room

The rooms were a little small compared to what I am used too and dark, no lighting on one side.

The service from the staff was excellent! They were so helpful and friendly!

I would stay again
    • Superior Twin Room

No guest laundry, drinks were very expensive, for eg: 2 x coffee from cafe is $40 Australian. I don't believe they vacuum as we had paper pieces on the floor that were there the whole time we were in hotel.

Hotel is very good, staff are beyond fantastic they really go all out you could not fault them. Hotel has a shuttle to some tourist venues which is very good. Buffet Restaurant is very good with good variety. Room was reasonable size with twin beds.

Shuttle Bus, The Breakfast Buffet, Room Cleanliness and the...
    • Deluxe King Room with 1 King Bed and 1 Single Bed

The room Wi-Fi many many drop outs, couldn't do my Internet Conference as too many interruptions. FRUSTRATING

Shuttle Bus, The Breakfast Buffet, Room Cleanliness and the Staff Friendliness/ Kindness and their Professional Approach. Thank you

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

We stayed here for 4 nights.
    • Superior Room with 3 Single Beds (3 adults)

We stayed here for 4 nights. The familyroom is spacious, quiet and AC works fine. Cleaniness was less good. We had to use the same glasses in the bathroom for 4 days. Why does the Ambassador not give fresh glasses each day? Same problem with the bedsheets, no fresh sheets in 4 days. Most hotels change sheets every 2 days. Best about the Ambassador was its friendly and helpful staff. Situation was good too, short walk to DDP 1,2 km. Swimmingpool was small but clean, a pity that the towels provided were ultrasmall.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Hotel is old and is no longer a 5 star
    • Superior Twin Room

expensive drinks, coffee and liquor. Bed was very hard Air conditioner did not work very well room quite hot.

Breakfast was very good buffet was very good.

The service was awesome.
    • Superior King Room

When I entered the room there was pantry of things such as toothbrushes toothpaste sodas water etc. Being that I paid for the room I assumed it came with my purchase of the room. When I checked out I had to pay for everything I used which wasn't in the booking before I arrived or when I checked in.

The service was awesome...very nice property!

An excellent hotel in the centre of a vibrant city, what more can you want?
    • Superior King Room

There were no negative aspects of my visit.

The efficiency with which everything was dealt with and the value placed on me as a guest. Friendliness of staff who couldn't do enough for you. I went to the gym and was helped to develop a fitness regime while in the Spa the treatments were amazing.

More Than 5 Stars
    • Superior Twin Room

Convenient stores only 2-3 mins walk away, Dongguk Uni Line 3 Station just less than 5 mins walk, good location, not noisy, clean spacious room, super friendly and good looking staff ^^ We will be back again soon ^^ love it and well done.

I was here on 12-15May, and back again on 24May-2Jun. We were on executive floors, good views, friendly staff, miss the good looking concierge guy I see every night, clean spacious room, and enjoyed Golden Hour on my last day, the best gift and view I ever enjoy. Will be back again soon in Oct 18.

MORE THAN 5 Stars
    • Superior Twin Room

Love everything about this place, feels like home, and I miss the guy who always doing night shift waiting by the lift at concierge. Will be back soon, received more than just 5 stars service.

Super friendly and helpful staffs that can speak English. Nice latte from the cafe, clean gym & pool, 5 mins walk to 711 & 10 mins to subway Dongguk Uni station Line 3. Nice food from room service. If luggage overweight, pack and get concierge to courier them to your country, arrives about a week. We will be back soon next year.

A great hotel with some minor inconveniences
    • Superior King Room

- The two first times we went to have breakfast there was a problem, even though it was included in our room rate. We had to go through a lot of discussion to finally get in. - The free Wi-Fi of the hotel has ads... - Even though the breakfast is from 6h30 to 10h, when we came for breakfast at 8h, many items weren't there anymore and weren't replenished while we ate for over one hour (cheese especially, but also fruits, etc.) - The door to the room is really very heavy, and with my back problem it wasn't helpful. - It was a tad hot in the room, but we couldn't change the temperature, they said it was centralised.

- The room was just big and beautiful, with an amazing view of the city skyline, both at day and night - A bathtub and an enclosed shower - The bed was just too comfortable - The free swimming pool and great fitness room (my girlfriend who studied sports found it great!) - Free shuttles on the hour to Myeong-Dong

A very nice stay in Seoul and the staff and facilities excellent.
    • Executive King Room with Executive Lounge Access

Room and hotel were at times a little warm and towels for a five star hotel were a little worn but that was the only very minor faults we could find.

The service was excellent, especially Elena Kim in the Executive Lounge nothing was to much trouble and extremely friendly. Breakfast and Canapés were also superb.

Breakfast was delicious, staff extremely polite.
    • Superior King Room

Swimming pool is not big enough. Showers at the swimming pool are below the standards of this hotel.

Breakfast was delicious, staff extremely polite. Location was good, but not excellent. There were no toothbrushes in the bathroom which caused a lot of problems to this traveler.

we would love to come back to seoul. it was excellent.
    • Deluxe King Room with Additional Single Bed

The miscommunication- We asked the front desk gentleman to extend our hour to 4pm check out, so our son could take a nap before getting ready for the late-night flight. He so kindly arranged it for us, however we received a call at 2pm telling us that it was time for our checkup. Also, If only the breakfast for those staying were more reasonable. I would've added the breakfast as well, it seemed a little pricey.

We have a child under 3 years old, and our son loved the pool. all the staffs spoke very good english, and service was excellent. Every time, the door man helped us get out of the car, picking our son up first- so I can get all the luggage out. :) Thank you.

as you would expect
    • Executive King Room with Executive Lounge Access

They have the problem where all rooms have to be at the same temperature - there is a controller on the wall but they never work properly. Thanks to the staff we got moved on our second night to a room with a working air conditioner, which was great.

Great staff, club lounge good. There was a particularly helpful room assistant on our floor - really went the extra mile.

good hotel and good understanding of Islamic culture
    • Superior King Room

the staff is very good and friendly, they speaks English very well, the breakfast is very good specially for Muslims, they understands Islamic beliefs related to food, the pork has it own section away from other food and they have Halal food section

The staff were awesome.
    • Superior King Room

The staff were awesome. Attentive, supportive, always fast and with a smile at all times. This is not a new built hotel but is kept in very conditions. It was spotless, very clean and all the ammenities were working. They even had a nexpresso machine in the room! We heard wonders about the breakfast but we decided to try out the food at the nearby locations which had plenty good restaurants and bakeries in a classical area in Seoul. The swimming pool was small but clean, has a small jacuzzi, changing rooms and the fitness room was well equipped. You have to suffer the habitual parents with children, but that's common in Korea. I have been in pricey hotels which are nothing but shinnning. This one has a Soul and it is worth the prize. Will come back!

The staff were very friendly and willing to help with any...
    • Superior King Room

The staff were very friendly and willing to help with any queries you had. Also, we arrived a bit too early for check-in. When we came back to collect our key, we were told they had upgraded our room. It had a view of Seoul which was incredible!

3+ star hotel.....
    • Deluxe King Room with Additional Single Bed

I could said max 3+ star hotel only even wearing Pullman brand. Room is broken (entry light broken, repair 30mins still not work, toilet light broken 2 days Housekeeping will not inform Engineering to repair, bathroom ceiling dropping water....) Front desk & Housekeeping staff service were bad (need to pay for early check-in but ONLY subjected to availibility even I have 1.5yr & 3yr & 65yr x 2 travellers. First, pay still subject to availibility? Second, no priority for babies & elders?Max offer only 1pm? pay can have earlier but don't know what time subjected to availibility....) (booking with 1 King & 1Single bed room = 3pax room, only have 1 small set of toiletry amenities, ask for refill, give you 6 bottles of shower gel but no shampoo......never fill up tissue and toilet paper, slippers broken will not replace the new one and on request only...tooth brush & toothpaste on request only... will not replace even finish the toothpaste)

Location is good Concierge service is good too

Seouls best value 5*
    • Superior King Room

The beer in the bar is pricy, but it is in all five star hotels in Seoul.

Good service and an easy walk to myeongdon if you don't want to wait for the free shuttle bus. Great rooms which are comfy and staff are very attentive and have a good level of English.

Out of my issues, hotel was ok
    • Deluxe King Room with Additional Single Bed

Wifi was not good, sometimes I was at room but cannot reach wifi while I need it for business. I m a member of Acord, I choose this hotel because of getting point. But hotel didn’t get points for me because I booked via booking.com. This is not fair.

Clean room and good breakfast

More like a 4 star hotel. But price is ok.
    • Superior King Room

It more feels like a 4 star hotel rather than a 5. We stayed in 4 star hotel in Seoul before, the room was bigger and there was not much difference in terms of facility. The hotel looks old and needs a bit of refurbishment. The room temperature was just not controllable by the panel. It was too hot. The bathroom didn’t feel clean enough.

The WiFi in our room is bad and they immediately sent one guy to bring an extra modem.

6.0
    Not as was expected from
    • Superior Twin Room

The room first given was small not like the pictures seen when reserved Then after I send an email they change the room they put e in the smoking side I have asthma and this agrevate my cough

Staff v good Location excellent

Great service, convenient stay
    • 2 Superior Twin Rooms

To be honest, this hotel is in little awkward location. If hotel didn’t provide the shuttle, we would of spend so much money on taxi because it is not very close to subway station (it is not so bad but maybe was hard for us who were with infant and senior citizen), also involves climbing hills when you going to get anything. The Hotel food is quite expensive so we went to cafe place for breakfast everyday, and it actually takes about 5-10 min climb uphill when we coming back to hotel. I experienced 2 time in hotel dinner and one in Japanese restaurant in 2nd floor wasn’t that satisfying considered of their price. (Maybe I expected too much after the Dinner buffet)

We arrived in Korea at 6am, with 20 months infant and 72yrs old grand mother, it was long and tired journey.. Front desk staff actually arranged a little early checked in for us, which saved our life!! I loved all of staffs there, they are all friendly and eager to help when we need help, also hotel provide shuttle service to major Attraction of Seoul which saved our budget of transportation A LOT. One thing I have to emphasize was the view. We stayed in 5th floor connecting room, and right outside of our window, we could see the Seoul Tower right outside! Although it was not the best clear view due to the smog situation in Korea while we were staying, still we enjoyed so much looking outside day and night! Lastly, their dinner buffet was fantastic (it was very pricy in my point of view, but was worth every penny) Thank you Grand ambassador for such great 5 nights!

• Superior King Room

I enjoyed so much all the information given by Audrey at the concierge desk to visit the downtown Seoul during the week end. I did not have any plan before coming. Thanks to Audrey I visited the best places of Seoul downtown and I got a wonderful week end with unforgetable memories. If I come back to Seoul I will come again at this hotel.

The breakfast was probably the highlight of our stay the...
    • Superior King Room

A word of caution to anyone: call the hotel before booking to know which facilities are open... We were immensely disappointed when we discovered that 3 out of 5 restaurants (and the bar !!) were closed during our stay... I do not care which holidays it is. I think a 5 stars hotel should properly inform their guests about this kind of information. Another word of caution: don't expect to enjoy the swimming pool and relax with your partner because it is filled with kids. It's noisy and crowded. There is only one lane that is kids free but it's hotel's members only.....

The breakfast was probably the highlight of our stay the rest was just average.

Wonderful Stay, Thank you

None.

The bed and pillows were comfortable, and the view was also beautiful. The room was spacious, a bit old but felt antique in a good way. We spent the last day of 2017 so happily. They upgraded our room for free and thanks for the Geinus benefit, we were able to spend additional 2 hours. The pool was fine and well managed. Loved this hotel. Loved the fine breakfast.

Not to standards, very friendly personal
    • Superior King Room

The Hotel rated five stars. This might have been according to standards of ten years ago but fits closer 3-4 stars. This is based on two rooms we were offered and decided to stay in the hotel because we were tired and did not want to go thru the hassle of searching for a new place.

The Front desk personnel at check in was very friendly. Immediately changed the room after complaining.

Great n helpful staff

Na

Would like to thank the hotel staff, concierge: Iriene, Benjamin, restaurants: Miss Shin, n front desk supervisor: Mr. Kim. My Son was sick n it was them really providing extra care to us during our Long stay, esp. Miss Iriene. Thks a lot.

A very pleasant stay in this beautiful hotel.
    • Superior King Room

Improvement could be done with the noise between the bedrooms : child crying heard few rooms away

A very pleasant stay in this beautiful hotel. The staff was very helpful and always smiling.

Great hotel and staff.
    • Superior King Room

Restaurant staff (The King's) can smile more but overall the staff was fantastic. I recommended the egg omelette the chef cooks for you.

Staff are super friendly and all speak great english. From the moment of arrival which was quite early morning, check in was super easy and the lovely young lady (super friendly and smiley) showed me to my room, great customer service indeed. Everything was in walking distance to the main tourist attractions like Dongdaemun which is shopping heaven. The nearest station was Donggik University (Orange Line) which is super convenient if you want to travel anywhere. Transport wasn't an issue ever taxi and train service work amazingly. The staff are also efficient and super professional, I didn't have any problems whatsoever. Likely to visit the hotel again when I return to Seoul.

Amazing breakfast with plenty of international and local...
    • Superior Twin Room

Amazing breakfast with plenty of international and local options to choose. Great facilities. KAL limousine service offers transport from the airport - very comfortable.

Not professional
    • Superior King Room

Staff service was very poor and there is no complementary that all 5 stars hotel do. Plus the room service do not provide washing fresh fruits that all hotel in their rank give free fruits as welcoming. I wait about 15 mins to bring my bags from room for checkout.

Perfect venue if you want to experience Seoul away from buzzing MD, DDM.
    • Superior King Room

Nothing major except for the expensive breakfast add on (just like any other hotel) so i didnt have it. Unfortunately Koreans rarely eat out in the morning, so be prepared for lack of breakfast option besides 1-2 cafes in the area.

Good location - ease of access to key spots i wanted to visit ( nam dae mun, dong dae mun, namsan, etc) by public bus. (1300 won per ride) Hotel staffs were polite and prompt when requests were made. Property is not entirely new, but not old also. Room is spacious and bed was comfortable. Shuttle bus is also available to myung dong & dong dae mun.

AMazing staff. Wonderful Japanese restaurant.
    • Superior King Room

Air cond in our room was not working (too hot) so we were upgraded to Executive floor and air cond was working fine. great service.

Great staff. Extra comfy bed.

Friendly, comfortable and luxurious hotel
    • Superior King Room

The hotel obviously has a glamorous history behind it - it even has its own museum to show it! However, it could use a bit of TLC to bring it up a notch - the bedroom/bathroom decor is a bit dated, and generally speaking you can tell the building was built quite some time ago. Furthermore, the restaurant buffet, albeit lovely, was rather expensive, and the a la carte menu (compared to the average hanok restaurant price in the area) was very overpriced. This made searching for a Western-style breakfast quite difficult - if you don't feel like kimchi right in the morning, it'll unfortunately cost you.

The bedroom was comfortable, clean and spacious. We were upgraded to the 18th floor, which offered us some terrific views of the local skyline around Dongdaemun and Jung-gu. The cleaning staff were very friendly and tidied up the room every day. The staff throughout the hotel deserve an award, as they were the friendliest and most courteous I've seen so far on my travels. Always ready to help and so polite! We ended up going to the restaurant breakfast and dinner buffer a few times. Outstanding sushi and sashimi, steak and plenty of good salads and, of course, kimchi! The hotel gym was, hands down, one of the finest I've ever seen: two squat racks, a bench press, barbells and plenty of excellent Technogym machines.

Number one stay at Hotel.
    • Superior Twin Room

One very tiny small thing They don't have connected rooms But everything else was perfect!

- The location is perfect All the major areas are near - Their super fast response ! - The staff were all very extremely sweet and nice

Staff friendly; but fittings are rundown. Definitely not 5 star quality
    • Superior King Room

The fittings and the room are very old. Not what you would expect from a 5 star hotel. Also, the route to walk up from all directions are on a steep slope. Not very ideal for the older folks or those with knee problems.

Staff were very friendly and helpful!

Korean Hospitality at Its. best
    • Superior Twin Room

I loved everything about our stay.

The entire staff was amazing. To be in a country where you don't speak or re ad the l anguage, people could not have been kinder or more helpful. My daughter got sick and had to go to the doctor. They helped us find a nearby doctor with an English translator. This was hotel service at it's best.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

An affordable 5-star hotel in Seoul
    • Superior Room with 3 Single Beds (3 adults)

No toothbrush at the bathroom, which is very inconvenient for the first-time visitor. Housekeeping didn't automatically refill the toilet paper when it's gone.

Decent location. It's around 15 minutes walking distance from Dongdaemun, where is a famous shopping hot spot. We also enjoyed the good smell at the hotel lobby.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Good Hotel to stay but stay away from their restaurants v costly and people rushing everywhere

rooms are out dated

In this Hotel the only thing is great is lobby . Be careful everything is v costly here. They want you to come with good room rate and then you are their prey.

Good location, nice staff, only ok room
    • Superior King Room

Extra charge for Using the sauna (this is mostly booking.com fault that didn't mentioned it in the booking - when I complained they weren't helpful at all) Room wasn't so fresh as you would expect. Bath and carpet in the rooms looks dirty and not fresh

Location location location Staff was nice and helpful

all person should book here

not special.

we enjoyed a lot. especially, free fare bus from hotel to Myeong-dong, Insadong,Dondemn,Shinra once per hour make our shopping easily. All Staff are so polite and a few of them can speak Japanese-ofcourse English. Gym,Swimming pool ,we available for free and even if you don't have training or swimming ware ,we can borrow for free without shoes , goggle and cap. Sauna including big bath not room bath takes few additional fee. anyway is was awesome!!

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Not bad
    • Superior Twin Room

The breakfast is not worthy to the price: too expensive but seldom delicious, and there is not so various to choose from. The gym is crowned because there are too many equipment in limited space. The lights in the room are not so easy to adjust because either all in dark or all in bright when touch one bottom. It is very bothersome in the middle of night when one need to sleep but the other person need to read or work.

The location is nearby subway so it it convenient. The facilities in the room are fine. The beds are very comfortable. The employee are very friendly and polite.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Good transport network
    • Superior King Room

shuttle bus; expresso machine; toilet seat; friendly staff; sufficient tv channels; close to dongdaemun; airport bus stop; bus to N Seoul Tower just outside the entrance.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Peaceful comfort a short hop from the city bustle

Some staff seemed a bit aloof.

The staff at the concierge were ever so helpful. Located near subway making it convenient to travel.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

The staffs can speak English very well, very friendly and...

none

The staffs can speak English very well, very friendly and helpful. Their service was excellent. I seriously recommend this hotel.

Excellent staff and very clean

Not much

Better than I expected, overall a very good Hotels. Room was large and comfortable. I recommend this Hotel.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Good

Bathroom

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

The staff were very friendly and nice!

9min from subway station

The staff were very friendly and nice!

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Every thing was really good

No thing

Every thing was really good

Good bed and pillow.

No view for 3-bed room.

Good bed and pillow.

• Superior Room with 3 Single Beds (3 adults)

Golf range in gym was a nice touch.
    • Superior King Room

Golf range in gym was a nice touch.

The room was ok
    • Deluxe King Room with 1 King Bed and 1 Single Bed

The bathroom was not was I was expecting. Not for a 5 starts hotel

The room was ok

Staff is very nice and kind
    • Superior Twin Room

Staff is very nice and kind Manager is very pokite and willing to help when we have problem with booking.

Convenient and on-time shuttle bus services to majority...
    • Deluxe King Room with Additional Single Bed

Convenient and on-time shuttle bus services to majority shopping spots.

Good location and environment.
    • Superior King Room

Good location and environment. Nice gym and indoor swimming pool.

Nice breakfast, friendly staff.
    • Superior King Room

Old hotel. Not clean enough. Small room.

Nice breakfast, friendly staff.

The staff is really outstanding.
    • Executive Suite with Executive Lounge Access

The staff is really outstanding. They'll go out of their way to make your stay a pleasant one.

The room was very spacious and the bed was really...
    • Superior King Room

The room was very spacious and the bed was really comfortable!

It is very good hotel for business purposes.
    • Superior King Room

It was hard to take a taxi sometimes!

It is very good hotel for business purposes. Clean, nice staff, good location and basement facilities

Exceptional service from friendly staff.
    • Superior Twin Room

Food prices were over priced

Exceptional service from friendly staff. Shuttle bus to local shopping attractions was great.

Good Staff and good buffet for Diner & Breakfast

Good Staff and good buffet for Diner & Breakfast

Location was great
    • 2 Superior Twin Rooms

Air conditioning not cooling

Location was great

not great
    • Superior King Room

the swimming pool and gym were closed. There was mould around the bottom of the sink.

the bed was very comfy and my room had a great view

Almost Everything.
    • Superior King Room

Maybe the food could have been a little better.

Almost Everything.

Home away from home in Seoul
    • Superior King Room

The staff were always helpful and friendly. The room was very clean and had a nice view

Kind staff, clean and comfy room

Kind staff, clean and comfy room

Good location with airport bus stop in front of hotel.

None.

Polite staff and location.

Everybody was verry polite

Restoran verry expensive

Everybody was verry polite

Great stay
    • Superior Twin Room

Breakfast buffet was really good. They checked us in early in the morning with no problem, a great bonus when arriving on an overnight flight.