Reviews of Mövenpick Hotel & Resort Al Bida'a 5 stars

Al Bidaa, Hawally, Kuwait, Kuwait

#26 of 115 hotels in Kuwait

• Superior King Room

The food is really bad taste. They did not clean on the check out day. The valley man did not notice me taking my car keys and take my car after waiting more than 1 hour. They ask for 104 KD for check out instead of 18 KD.

Eid activities

• Superior King Room

The staff was extremely outgoing, cooperative and friendly. The breakfast and other meals were very detail oriented with attention to taste and flavor. The room was clean and kids have a lot of activities to indulge in. Great experience; would love to stay there again.

• Superior King Room Pool Access

Ive reached late for the check-in because the flight was delayed and the first thing I heared from the receptionist is that " you are lucky that we have you a room still" .. What did he mean ?? He was going to cancel it if i was a bit more late ?? After that he gave me the last room at the corner and I called the reception from the room to request for a change but got the answer "Sorry sir we are all booked". ( Just to let you know that i passed by several rooms early morning the other day and they were all empty.

• Two-Bedroom Residence

The property is old, like reception area, floor tiles, toilets are look like 2 stars hotel. The fitness room is very tight for the weightlifting equipment

The location. Bed is comfortable. Sea view room

• Superior King Room

the reception desk is like hotel 2 stars. room service responding taken time the furniture's seems to be old. The Elevator is very old. the hotel needs decoration engineer to enhance it. It's very expensive not meet the price .

Good location, Good breakfast , beach is nice. clean hotel good covered parking. . nice shops and restaurants near the hotel. access to hotel and rooms are very easy and short distance

It is very dirty hotel. Very expensive. It should not be more than 1 star hotel

It was like prison, nothing to do, very dirty rooms, very dirty restaurant, diety beach, everything dirty.

• Superior King Room

Elevatore limetation in the resort only one elevtor and it was dammiged for sonetime

The choclate hour Bech Services and Staff attitude Breakfa sellection

• Superior King Room

A gecko wandered into my room one night. Had to shoo it out.

Excellent breakfast and great view of the sea to watch while you eat. The place overall spoke of class and luxury. All the staff I encountered spoke English. Wi-fi was a good speed and range for the room. Proximity to western restaurants was a huge plus -- cause sometimes you're too exhausted to explore.

• Superior King Room

The facilities in the room were limited specially the bathroom. The swimming pool was not clean at all. Kids should have more facilities in the hotel.

The design and decoration were wonderful. The food was delicious, variety of food options were available. Overall the hotel was great.

• Two-Bedroom Residence

The rooms were not as portrayed on the website. We had a horrible view of the parking lot on one end and a dead pool on the other. We stayed for 7 days and the breakfast even though had variety was the same every single day. The kids club didn't have any planned activities for the children and the snacks in the evening in the lounge area were always late and repetitive. It's a beautiful property and a lot more can be done with it.

The location is excellent - there are a lot of restaurants, coffee shops etc. right outside the property within walking distance. The sea-front, beach and the terrace is beautiful and very serene.

I have booked at the hotel for 3 nights on a weekend, from Thursday to Sunday... the funny part is that when I asked to extend 1 night which was on a Sunday meaning on a week day the price went almost double for 1 night on a weekday! and on top of that I had no food room service menu in the room becoz they said they were out of them and I had to call the room service every time I wanted to order food and ask them to tell me what is available... which is kind of weird...

• Superior King Room

I requested to have a good view room but the view i hade is the swimming pool cabin then the swimming pool and then the sea so I couldn’t enjoy my view at all. I also sent an email to request some red roses to celebrate my anniversary but before the end of my stay I got an email that the hotel didn’t even open my email or something like that. The breakfast wasn’t that good.

The bed

• Ambassador Suite Three-Bedroom

The check-in time was already late and then they delayed us 1:30 hours more. The staff could not manage a smooth service with the fully booked rooms. The rooms were not cleaned properly and the hallways were not cleaned at all throughout our stay.

• Deluxe Suite two Bedroom

i booked two bedroom suite then on night of travel before check in I received a call from hotel informing me its not available and I have to accept single rooms. No sure if they overbooked guests but it was unpleasant situation

• Superior King Room

We were traveling with group.The hotel cancelled my stay then told it was cancelled by booking.com I believe that they over book then they cancel . The family was there and managed to get me a room

The breakfast was tasty

Some decorations need updates

The location, you can find everything near the hotel restaurants, cafes, shops, Large rooms good for families Good internet service Good breakfast Security Parking

• Superior King Room

I Booked 2 weeks before my visit and after a few days a colleague told me he found the same room cheaper by approx. $60 per day cheaper. I contacted the hotel to get the lower rate but my request was not responded to and I paid the higher rate. The room door is squeaky and does not get fully shut by itself, I have to push it to properly close. The bathroom does not have a tub, and the shower area does not have a proper slope so it gets filled with water whenever we took shower and takes a long time to drain.

Sea view with balcony. Nearby restaurants. Friendly staff

• Deluxe Suite two Bedroom

I can hear the water flush from the next room and hear the private sounds for privet acts in my room... it was an embarrassing moments specially there was children in room

The beach

• Two-Bedroom Residence

I booked the room from Booking.com and it was booked for one adult only so the hotel should know that the room booked for one adult only, when I arrived they said that I cannot stay there , but I talked to the manager to solve the problem.

• Superior King Room

The taxi charges were exaggerated.

I liked the freind and professional attitude of the staff, they were ready to help at all times. The room was clean, housekeeping staff were superb, the location is brilliant.

• Superior King Room

At the first: We booked this stay for 282 kwd +15% service inquiries , total 324,30 kwd. But, the receptionist asked us for 374 kwd!!!! Fortunately, we noticed this before entering the pin code to pay and we asked him to check the price again. We have never such an experience in 5 stars hotels, so we were disappointed with this. But, the check out we arranged with general manager mr. Ayman (I hope, this name is good), and he did the best for us with late check-out and he was very helpful. Thanks a lot for it. The beach was nice, but the sea is dirty, is so cloudy and mute. So I don´t reccomend this hotel to swimming in the sea, it´s a pity. There were no cards (poste cards) and tourist gifts in the hotel and on the airport. the tourists visa can arranged via e-visa, payment on the airport is 3kwd, via hotel it is 15 kwd.

Breakfast was very good. The bed was comfortable. The pool is nice, but little bit cold. there are no restriction with swimming dress. Bikiny is allowed.

• Superior King Room

To get to the room you had to pass the kitchens and enter via an underground car park They should have a swipe lock in the patio doors

Great location and beach

• Superior King Room

i was surprised by the lack of signs showing/directing you to the various facilities. We had to continually ask staff where things were until we worked everything out. There wasn’t even a map in the Central reception area to refer to (if one does exist we couldn’t find it). This took an edge off the luxury feel. A hotel can be 5star & have discreet but accessible layout signs & directions. Sadly the beach was in poor condition - I presume a lot of the sand has gone and walking into the water was very precarious as there were many rocks to stab & bash your feet on.

Mary at reception is possibly one of the friendliest & helpful receptionist I’ve ever met. She was exceptional. We had early check in & late check out which she took great care in arranging as well as showing genuine interest in us Our room was very comfortable and had a lovely view over the gulf.

• Superior King Room

Lack of management present at breakfast. The exec chef was there, so kitchen was on top of the crowds, but little restaurant management, meant loads of empty but uncleared, dirty tables. The staff were over stretched, they were still very friendly, but not well organised due to too many priorities.

The very very friendly staff, especially on reception ( Monaliza and Anne Marie ) The view from the room The Chocolate Hour

• Superior King Room

Dirty pool area, extremely cold overall

Extremely friendly and hepful staff, got a free upgrade-thnx a lot, veryy cold facilties overall but attentive staff to get us warm, very dirty pool area, no cleanliness overnight!

• Ambassador Suite Three-Bedroom

Nothing specifically. It just needs a revamping!

This is my second stay at the hotel, and I'm confirming the previous points: 1- Easy check-in/check-out. 2- Tasty food. 3- Wonderful sea view. 4- Quick guest servicing. 5- Helpful staff. This time, I called the concierge for arranging transportation from the airport few hours before departing to Kuwait and they did it. It never happened to me with any other hotel!

• Four-Bedroom Villa

The car Parking space to each car at the property Villas is very narrow and create problems during parking and moving out. It is expensive.

The food at breakfast has wide variety and very tasty. The property is old but it is well maintained.

• Superior King Room

We came for our anniversary and i called to have some arrangment in the room some flowers cake and juices and i paid almost 55$ when i arraived to the room only flowers no cake or juices and when i paid upon check out i told the help desk about the situation they said the cake and the juices are complementary anyway but we can give you a cake now if you want 'what a joke' for a five star hotel with big brand name

Location Clean

• Deluxe Suite two Bedroom

- Nothing! It just needs a renovation.

1- Quick check-in/check-out. 2- Tasty food. 3- Wonderful sea view. 4- Quick guest service. 5- helpful staff.

• Superior King Room

Cleanliness Basement for parking Variety of breakfast Staff Flexibility for checkout and I would like to thank on of the staff there for his help and assistance (Mahfouz)

• Ambassador Suite Three-Bedroom

Room #1425 Almost all door handles are loose/ broken Weak WI FI Signal Three bed suite with very small refrigerator Vallet parking staff had argued between each other (twice) Balcony barrier/ fence corroded You can hear the humming of the AC when you are relaxing in the balacony Reseption location is wrong lobby needs to be redecorated It didn't give you the feel of 5 star Beach off shore is full of rocks Need a sign to explain the beach flags color code! Pool bar menu is over priced No pedestrians walk way when you are walking out of the hotel!

Location. plenty of near by restaurants Pools has alot of shallow depths for kids Staff are friendly

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Superior King Room

You cant go for a walk as Kuwait has flyovers everywhere its taxi all the way to get anywhere.

The breakfast was amazing the amount of choice was unbelievable and was included in the price but it is not a cheap place to stay at. The security staff were very friendly and not intimidating at all but there was a lot of them. Good gym I didn't eat in the restaurant so can't comment on that. Free water and fruit in the room plus coffee and tea making facilities and the small balcony was nice. Very comfy beds. Lots of cafes outside the hotel.

• Superior King Room Pool Access

The internet speed was extremely slow. With no other option to make it faster. While the tv was very suboptimal for what I paid for.

The bed was comfy and the AC was very good.

• Superior King Room

hotel facility is good in general , bathrooms near the pool were dirty , staff are not very friendly in the pool area . breakfast is good . reception area is fair and there are not very helpful in guiding the customer

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Superior King Room

Staff was at times very slow and the hotel is much older than it appears on the photos. You can't have any guests in your room which is annoying.

Large rooms. Bed was comfy.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

The main pool was not heated or the heating mechanism was not operational! It was way too cold for my 4 year old. The staff redirected us to another pool which was heated but was littered with bugs and leaves.

The room was good...sea facing with balcony. Bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Two-Bedroom Residence

the hotel in general looks old. even the bathrooms are dirty. the staff was uncoopertive. the kitchen wasnt equipped at all rooms are very small and bed were very old

it has a kitchen alot of restaurants around

• Superior King Room

superior rooms are too bad, the rooms are not 5 stars hotel rooms. The reality is totally different than the photos. If you want to book in this hotel, reserve only deluxe access to pool rooms. The rest rooms are worthless.

pool

• Royal Suite Three Bedroom

More of taxis availability, especially for a family of 5 or more.

Great location, spacious rooms in the Royal suite. Excellent dining choices, we had an Egyptian food night on Wednesday and a sea food night the next evening. Fabulous swimming pools. Kid's club is a favourite.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

I thought it's a real 5 star hotel but for me it's not The hotel management is poor The facilities require upgrade Services below standard

The sea view

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• Superior King Room

I had a problem during my stay with my neighboring room, the neighbors were partying and very noisy and disrespectful. I had to complain twice and still they didn't quiet down, the third time I had to go down to the reception and talk to the manager to have them call the police to check my neighboring room out of the hotel. After I went down to the reception finally the issue was resolved but the problem was that I had no apology nothing from the staff. And even when I checked out no one even new from the staff that I had a problem and no one apologized. It would have been nice to have had a better customer service regarding this issue. It was like the hotel is used to noisy drunken guests. Even though the customer service after the issue was resolved was bad I still want to thank the night manager Mohammed for resolving the problem. Extra play areas or play toys for kids would be nice.

Location and staff were awesome and very friendly. OK play areas for kids indoor and on the beach.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• Two-Bedroom Residence

The furniture looked a bit old, it didn't feel like I was staying in a hotel.

The breakfast was amazing But the location was the best thing about the hotel, since most of the restaurants closed early in kuwait except for the one near the hotel. They were walking distance, but we could also take a golf car.

The breakfast area is so big and takes lot of guests so it becomes little noisy. So I wish if they find solution for that. For example put carpets.

This time I stayed in the sea view room wich was very nice comparing with the pool view rooms that I wish they renovate them.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• Two-Bedroom Residence

Dealing with Hotel Staff is very Hard, The Room Furniture is very old, Bathroom are very small, The Apartment can occupied up to 4 people, however; there is only one sofa :(

Location of the Hotel

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Superior King Room

Check out process I asked front desk to do check out And send me the bill with the porter Because my car infront of my room i was in the side building They insist that i have to visit the reception When i came they ask me ok there is nothing but this is our rule

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

• Four-Bedroom Villa

Reception area need improvement. Very poor design. One of the receptionist there is lack of good attitude as well !! The lobby area need to be reconstructed fully.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

• Two-Bedroom Residence

The furniture is old style and have dark color (pool view room) unlike the one we had last time (sea view room) was more brighter and looks modern. Also parking is hard to find.

Good location and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Superior King Room

The main thing is the pillows was uncomfortable. Outside the room was annoying us because voice was so clear.

The View was wonderful and Staff was very helpful and very fast.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

• Superior King Room

The worst experience ever !! Not Recommended. They charges for the ride from and to the airport not like other hotel who offer you this service for free. Attitude problem and they lie.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

• Superior King Room

heated pool outside would have been nice. No handrails on stairs leading down to apartments,

from arriving the porters checking staff were first class, also the welcoming from reception staff. fantastic food well looked after, very good choice, staff really looked after us nothing was too much trouble, housekeeper was top class always making sure you had everything you needed daily.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

The walls were weak to prevent the sound of the people in the whole way and the sound was too loud inside the room you can hear the babies screaming and people laughing

The location of the room toward the sea is beautiful and the breakfast was delicious

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Superior King Room

I didn't like the house manager knocking on my door to inquire if everything was ok bc he saw the do not disturb sign hanging. He kept looking curiously in my room over my shoulder to see if I had snuck in a guest. This made me feel uncomfortable and angry and disrespected. I didn't like being charged 800aed on my card while I was still in UAE. I didn't like being charged to pay in full at the time of check in. Upon check out I was asked for my card a third time. This is not prossional not customer service oriented. It's money-hungry and a turn off to never stay at Movenpick again.

I liked complimentary water, choc bar, the beach, the gym.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

• Four-Bedroom Villa

Smoking cigarettes and shisha is allowed outdoor near the sea which forced me and my family to have our coffee indoors or go outside

Spacious villa, nice facilities, surrounded by variety of restaurants and cafes

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

• Superior King Room

- the room smell damp - the room shows some sign of ageing. the carpet was little bit dirty. - We were asked by several staffs at the pool area for our room number while we wonder at that area on the first day - maybe they think that asian and poor looking guy like me can't afford to stay in this 5 star hotels!! - the way out and in to the hotels were crowded since they are a lot of restaurant lots in front of the hotel.

- the closeness of the room with the pool (we were upgraded to room with access to the pool) - they have 5 pools - we went to 2 of them ; the one behind our room and the main pool. Both have lifeguard on duty - we were greeted very nicely by the reception. her name is Ms Mary Anne. She helped us to accommodate all our request

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• Deluxe Suite two Bedroom

We Asked from the staff to bring additional toothbrush for the room but they didn't provide. We also called and there was no response.

The location of the hotel is great. Our suite was with a sea view which was amazing. The rooms were clean and their breakfast is good. The staff are friendly.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Superior King Room

The price could have been little cheaper. Or the could have offered dinner as well for two couples for example as it will work perfectly for the price .as in the end we use the room to relax and sleep only . I hope you understand what I mean.

The professional of treatment from generally everyone. The ambient. My room was facing the see can you imagine how romantic was that . I ordered room service it was wonderful as the do pay attention to details. The breakfast had plenty of selections. Cold and hot choices. Arabic and international. I hope that everone else enjoy.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

little kitchen without equipments

great resort .. friendly stuff .. many pools .. little gym .. very good buffet restaurant for breakfast .. the room was clean and the bed was comfortable .. big refrigerator .. was there in oct 2016

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Superior King Room

I was told that the price per night was 72 KD, ALTHOUGH when I reached, it appeared to be 82 because the system didn't calculate the booking.com tax. Otherwise everything went perfect.

Loved the size of the room and the balcony, it would've been amazing if there was a bath top.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Superior King Room

the covers on the beds has blood stains on it ... also the curtains has a lot of black stains.. it looks like that it has not been washed since a very long time. the breakfast is the morning was not taken care of .. especially the eggs station ... it seems that he had a crash course for ten minutes and came to do eggs for customers. the fruit is not cooled properly and some customer dropped the pick up spoon on the floor and one of the staff picked it up and put it back in the fruit.

location was great

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

It was too busy with small lobby and lobby turned into cafe. Corridors are open air in this hot cilmate. Breakfast room was to busy and tables were not clean nor chairs and floor. Room servicing is done only once and no bed turning service.

The staff were trying their best. Excellent team having excellent supervision but I do not think they had best training. I wonder if they were using Temprory staff due to season.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Superior King Room

Everyone was very helpful, polite and genuine in their service - the restaurant staff for breakfast and buffet was excellent. The reception staff made me feel very welcome.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Superior King Room

if you were giving a pool side room not in the main building, you'll have to walk out in the heat to get to the lobby. Which during summer time is extremely challenging.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Spacious rooms

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Deluxe Suite two Bedroom

Old lobby & reception Prices of rooms/ suites are overrated Beach within hotel property is not well maintaines (full of small rocks)

Freindly staff Bathroom design

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Ambassador Suite Three-Bedroom

The room was not clean as expected from a 5-star hotel. Some items were missing from the room and were not provided even though I have asked for them several times. I have stayed tow nights in this hotel.

Excellent location, very spacious and easy access to the room.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Superior King Room

The sound of the AC is very annoying in the slience of the night.

The room is spacious, the TV channels are well selected to fit thw whole spectrum of guests.. the swimming pool services are good..

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Superior King Room

The food choices are little but the variety in the salad bar is good

Everything from the reception staff to the bell boys and even the beach bar staff very polite and helpful people

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Two-Bedroom Residence

Service is very slow, maybe because of the size of the property, lights in rooms aren't enough, it's dark, not enough in room electric sockets for mobile changing, but they give me wire extension with 4 sockets

The location of the hotel was perfect and has a lot of restaurants and coffee shops just outside the property. Bedrooms little bit small, pillows not comfortable, Wi-Fi is fast and covered in all the location, coffee tables are big for the room also lights on coffee tables are big, breakfast is very good and has lots of variety, staff very friendly and ready to help, air-conditioning is perfect, very quite and comfortable place, close to everything.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Deluxe Suite 1 Bedroom

late check out 3 hours .. make me pay for upgrade as the first room was so bad .. room service food is disgusting ..regret to stay at this hotel

place in general

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Superior King Room

Should have frequent cleaning for the small swimming pool which is not main one near the reception.

Excellent variety in food for breakfast, execellent reception, fast room service, 2 swimming pools around the hotel, many restaurants close to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Two-Bedroom Residence

Beach had lots of stones. Gets VERY busy on a Friday. Lack of food options.

Fantastic for my kids and business meetings. Pools and pools and pools. Beach was fine. Food OK. But plenty of options rightutside the hotel. Just avoid TGI Fridays. We will be back.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Superior King Room

Ppl asking all the time about your room no ... Sea side no facilities .. Some ppl Are wearing clothes in the pool .. No water fun at the pool like slides or others

Breakfast buffet ...