Reviews of Mövenpick Hotel Kuwait 5 stars

Free Trade Zone, Shuweikh, Kuwait, Kuwait

#56 of 115 hotels in Kuwait

5.6

5.9

The front disc are mainly Egyptian and they are not...
    • Classic King Room

The front disc are mainly Egyptian and they are not professional at all, he tried to show that no ready room once I arrived and asked me to wait and just 3 mintus call me to have a key as he find me other room The bed covers was so old and it is not so good condition

Mövenpick is the only hotel that agreed to arrange visas for...
    • Classic King Room

We arrived very late - at around 01:45 a.m. and had to wait for half an hour at the airport for our taxi. We arranged it well in advance and someone from the hotel was waiting for us at the airport but then we had to wait for a car. Where was the car before - only God knows. The price for a transfer is 10 dinar. The hotel itself had seen better times. It looks good though but not new anymore. Breakfast is for an extra cost and around 25$, which is expensive but reasonable for a 5* hotel. You can have lunch or dinner in one of three restaurants. The area is big, it has a gym and pool but no one swims in this pool. The hotel is situated in the area, where they build something all the time. If you have to go to the airport during rush hour, leave much in advance! The doors in the hotel were closing very loudly. If someone was leaving or coming to a room, you could hear it from your own.

Mövenpick is the only hotel that agreed to arrange visas for us. All other previously reserved hotels had to be canceled, because no other hotel wanted or could make a visa. Visa documentation was arranged very efficient. I think, it is the main positive thing about the hotel that should be mentioned. We were allowed to stay till 2 p.m., thanks for that to the hotel. We also got an upgrade to a nicer room with a better view, according to a guy at the reception. All personnel at the reception was friendly.

this place grows on you after a couple of visits :)
    • Classic Single Room

The pool again, still has many dead insects. but didnt stop me from swimming. you can see in all fairness that the management is trying to do something about it. all the best

staying here twice in less than one month... tells you something. i like it relay. look at my earlier review for the same hotel 3 weeks ago. this time had more time so i spent a day at the pool and the garden sheesha at night. very convenient and food was lovely. see you next time im in kuwait. thanks khalid for your help at the time of check in

Friendly Staff
    • Classic Twin Room

-The Sewage Bad smell that appears in the Rooms and the lobby. - the pool was not clean enough - its in a kind of industrial area ; no restaurant nearby or something else. - faces some difficulties to get to the Hotel. - the policy of not allowing you to order from restaurant.

Friendly Staff Its location to the avenues Mall

Not a good value for Money
    • Classic Twin Room

Toilet bidet was not functional. Extra charges for cleaning on the last day of stay. Location is not friendly. Difficult to find Taxi. End up using hotel service which is very expensive.

View of the room was good

Nice, i might go again
    • Classic Single Room

The pool had sooooo many dead insects in it. i told the man in charge there (not cleaner looked like member of management) and he was denying it. It was funny because he was denying something that was there already in front of us hahahah :)). location nowadays is really bad because of all the road works in the Shuwaikh area. price i though was over the value for money range. I ordered a drink at the pool but the pool bar guy did not accept me to sign for it and wanted cash only!! i asked why and he told me that i did not keep a deposit at the time of check inn.. my answer was NO ONE ASKED ME FOR A DEPOSIT when i check inn :) keeping in mind that i was asked to pay the only the room charge and i paid it upon check in. focus guys...

Beautiful feeling in this hotel, nice and quite reminded me of an old hotel in London, old but classic. food was good. staff were nice. i liked the pool and garden area. make sure you get a room on the ground floor with direct assess to the pool. big hi to Nina from the lobby cafe "you are very kind and highly customer oriented" sitting area in the lobby is very comfortable and the sheesha places in the garden is amazing. breakfast was wealthy and room was spacious and clean. bathroom very nice. i will go there again probably.

This is the last time i’ll book there
    • Classic Twin Room

The check in take long time the room and furniture were old and dirty the bed uncomfortable i stayed in the lobby for one hour no one asked me what i need

i don’t like any thing

The welcoming staff
    • Classic Twin Room

AC was too cold positioned directly on beds. Bad smell of sewage late night and early morning. Lack of entertainment facilities around the hotel. Lack of taxi, when required it takes more than half an hour to reach. Poor lightning in the room. Staff knocking the doors to hard (preferred to provide bell). Slow internet. Towels are too rough and dirty.

The welcoming staff

Wonderful experience

local construction works in the vicinity

Warmest hospitality, the architecture of the place-Spanish morrocan, the relaxed shisha garden, big comfortable rooms mostly comfy bed - luxury linen, lobby people (thanks Princess and Sherif for being so polite and problem-solvers to any demand)!

Not bad, quite, comfy and excellent staff.
    • Classic Twin Room

The smell in the outdoor area is horrible The handicap parking spot was closed??? The floors wooden works in the room were broken Outdated coffee machine

The staff were excellent and very helpful

Nathing
    • Classic Twin Room

It's very old hotel need to mentanince all doors in room , toilet it's not clean and there is a bad smill , it's too expensive for that small room

Nathing

If I have another trip I will not choose another hotel
    • Classic Twin Room

Syras and Ricoh Mercurio treated us respectfully, they was very friendly. The staff were so respectful and they were very nice. The Breakfast was so delicious In general,the hotel made our journey very special and we are so happy for our choice. Thank you so much.

The hotel has overall bad/sewage smell, reseption has no...

The hotel has overall bad/sewage smell, reseption has no enoght chairs, we had to ask for iron every time we need it and the hotel take it back immediately, the hotel is location far away from any shops, no taxis nearby hotel, and we have to use hotel taxis which are costing twice normal charges.

Comfortable

I had to sign the hotel's policy which says no housemaids can use swimming pool and no guests can enter my room even if it was a large suite !!

Cheerful employees - room size - cleanliness

I don't advise to stay.

The furniture is to old.. The service is toooo slow.. Also the mini bar top glass was broken from the corner which injured my sister. Also the left is toooooo old.. Actually, the hotel does not reflect 5 stars

The swimming pool and the outside setting and the supervisor was professional.

Better than acceptable but needs to update the building

1- Old property &need to change or update the hotel including the furniture 2- Bad odors in the hotel corridors and in some of rooms toilets 3- The dining hall needs to change tables and chairs 4- Delays in the provision of room services

T he reception staff are extremely respectful and courteous

I must admit that the hotel has a friendly atmospheres, the place makes you feel home and secure.

The breakfast quality, and the room’s shower drainage the water get filled up while having a shower, finally the price which was stated at the Booking.com whe I have made my reservation was not the same when I paid at the reception desk.

The hotel have an excellent staffs, they are so welcoming with big smile at all the times and always offered help whenever needed.

• Classic King Room

1- the location is so bad and it is in an industrial area 2- the cost was not as specified at booking + they didnt mention the exact percentage of intrest which was pretty hight 15% 3- we couldnt order any food from outside because the location was far from everything and the roads were really bad 4- the hotel has its luxurious name and the rooms look like they are from 1990s , nothing works properly except the heater 5- when we asked for food the simplest dish would have taked 30 mins which I consider as not effecient considering the number of rooms in the hotel and its location They even wrote that the breakfast is 5kd while when we asked for it it was 7kd I swear i will never use booking again ever and wont recommend anyone to use it 👍🏼 And thank you

Nothing and I swear about this on the holy book of quran

Parking is available
    • Classic Single Room

Price was too high comparing to quality of service/ premises. Furniture is very old and bad odor smell among the hotel. Wifi service was down for almost one day although it was confirmed by staff during check in that it will not take time to fix it. Overall experience was bad!

Parking is available

It was really a nice stay!

The swimming pool is not heated.

It is family friendly hotel with good facilities. It’s easy to get to and close to several main attractions in the city. The staff are very kind and cooperative. The breakfast is very delicious!

Very good hotel & staff. Existing furniture is good but may require a little bit enhancement

All working teams in the hotel were good and specifically Mr. Emad at the reception for his swift services provided by him and frequently asking about our stay. Thanks to all Movenpick hotel staff Thanks to Booking.com Abdulrahman

It was a great and relaxing stay! I'd definitely recommend to anyone visiting Kuwait City.
    • Classic Twin Room

Absence of balconies for twin bed rooms.

The staff are really great and helpful. The receptionist "Princess" offered us a free pizza sent to our room. She was really nice.

Friendly staff
    • Classic Twin Room

Room smells very odd whenever they clean it Location is very bad far from everything and the surroundings of the hotel is construction and port side Description of hotel and room photos on booking.com are very misleading Food was not allowed from outside because there was a restaurant in the hotel? What if i want something else?

Friendly staff

Hotel facilities & staff are wonderful

1)The breakfast was the same everyday. 2) It is not allowed to bring food from outside returants and the buffet in the hotel is expensive. 3) while entering the hotel, they check all your personal belonging as if we are thifts.

Hotel facilities & staff are wonderful

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

I hope they can put some signs in the road .
    • Classic King Room

There isn't a smoking area with an air condition and confy , only at the lebanis resturent . The open buffet for preakfast was always the same for 10 days . The bool was so Dirty no enough sun longgers broken and a not good condition . There was a very bad smell every day in the open earia . I had to complain about one staff in the lobby becouse of his attitude , he was un polit , un ediucated , and he don't know how to deal with a guest .

The steak house was good . Seating by the bool in the evening .

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

I was meeting my fiance there as we came at different...
    • Classic King Room

I was meeting my fiance there as we came at different flights from different locations. Told in advance I was having a guest. As she arrived and went to my room to change clothes. I was told no visitors and that we had to leave. I will never book another hotel with them or any other affiliate. Made to feel we had committed a criminal activity of some kind. Told other friends and business associates and we have all decided never to use Mövenpick hotels ever again. We travel 6-8 out of the year. They have lost our business.

Disaster
    • Classic Twin Room

I have reserved for classic single room with 40 KD and informed about very early check-in.When I arrived the hotel, the reception said to me that there was no classic room for early check-in.He reserved for deluxe room with 76 KD.I have accepted because I have arrived at 6:00 am.But I am very sure that there was a suitable classic room but they gave me a deluxe room option only for charging more payment.The hotel is obviously empty.I saw how many people there were in the breakfast.

Nothing !!!

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

It was a great experience and may your staff continue to be accomodating and pleasant.

Breakfast selection

Upon arrival Joyce ( at the reception) greeted me with a warm welcome, oriented the place with full of smiles, my room was warm during my first night and i told joyce the following day, and when i came back that night the temp of the room was perfect until my check -out. Reiner and Joyce at the restaurant were also very accomodating and pleasant. I recommend Movenpick to my friends in Kuwait that if they have relative/friends who wants to visits this is a place to stay.

I wouldn't rate this property 5 starts
    • Classic King Room

- the room was not cleaned when we requested. - we got locked out in the Balcony - Furniture is old - I wouldn't rate this property 5 stars.

- Breakfast - Early check in @11:30 - we got a room upgrade

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

A morning without electricity, water and telephone!!
    • Classic King Room

The hotel is old. Or, it may have not received any renovation since establishment. The outside entrance and security gate is weary and old. The lobby and corridors are very old, but clean. The inside of rooms I must say are well maintained and comfortable. However, I was faced with 2 undesirable incidents. In my second night I had no water in the room for about an hour. The next day morning, the hotel lost all electricity and water and telephone system. I could not reach my meeting on time and just imagine you leave your hotel without washing your face or brushing your teeth!!! The front desk manager tried his best to satisfy me by offering one night free, but the damage was already done and it was not his fault, but the Hotel management who did not ensure having a generator that works during power failure.

Staff were welcoming and nice..

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Disappointed this is the level of a Movenpick hotel, Not what I expected at all.
    • Classic King Room

I found a bug on my bed that I couldn't believe my eyes a bug is moving on my comforter. The room had a window that doesn't open and it has tiny view on the pool seen only while sitting in a specific spot on the side of the room, although I was told my room has a view as requested, since I'm staying mainly in the hotel for personal reasons. The pool was not clean at all. How would we use it as is or how would I trust kids to play and swim in. Some buffet items were sweetened while it shouldn't be, and others over salted while taste should be neutral to the guest to seasoned to own taste.

The buffet has reasonable variety. Tables and chairs were comfy and decent with a nice view on garden and fountain. The shuttle bus to attractions nearby was a good idea too.

Very good hotel, 5 star service, all people are friendly and...
    • Classic King Room

Location is out in the nowhere, far from everything. Not a big problem but the street taxis are not frequent and the only alternative is the hotel taxi, more expensive... I would suggest to reduce the price of the hotel taxi.

Very good hotel, 5 star service, all people are friendly and really care for every detail. Excellent breakfast and nice swimming pool. Will definitely return.

First, I am thankful for the receptionist who assisted us.
    • Classic Twin Room

First, I am thankful for the receptionist who assisted us.They are Kristine and another Egyptian man.Very much happy for the utmost assistance. Second, the waiter in restaurant for breakfast. She's Nina. Very accommodating. The only problems are the cleanliness and timing of the pool. The pool is so dirty and they close very early. The reasons why my family came to Move pick because of the pool.o have 2 small kids and loved to swim. How come they close early at 6 pm. Thank you

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Seriously 5start? Never come back to this hotel
    • Classic Twin Room

Beds were NOT comfortable at all, two pillows per person but uncomfortable and I had pain in the nick and back during and after these three days!!!!! The bed comforters were so thin I don't think that these are 5star bed comforters!!! furniture are worn!!! The elevator is vintage and so slow, it stopped in the middle of the way while my family using it they had to open the door and jump out of!!!!!, walking on stairs better than using it.

The staff

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Mediocre Experience
    • Classic Twin Room

Staff wasn't too friendly/helpful. Room was too far away from lobby. Level of cleanness, medium. Guests are not allowed to order or bring food from outside.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

The staff in breakfast resturant were really wonderful...

The pool was not clean

The staff in breakfast resturant were really wonderful especially mr.Adham who helped me alot with my sick father i really appreciate his kindness .

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Smelly rooms but good value if you get a discount rate!
    • Classic Twin Room

Smoking room when I said non smoking - it stank. Oldish hotel with bathroom in a heavy state of wear.

Good location to customer - not pretty though! great Italian restaurant with fantastic Risotto.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Our room was very comfortable
    • Superior King Room

Location not great. Gym equipment not up to five star hotel standard. Booked late at night via booking.com. When arrived at hotel had to wait considerable length of time for room to be ready. Breakfast was again not up to five star hotel standard.

Our room was very comfortable

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

The price is the most attravtive thing beside the...
    • Classic King Room

The constructions on the hotel road really annoying and unpleasant factor. The hotel's policy in not accepting outside food should be changed.

The price is the most attravtive thing beside the hotel's stars. Very close to The Avenues Mall.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

I can easily tell that staff were very hepful.
    • Classic King Room

There is literally nothing around the hotel. Hotel cars are extremely expensive and when you ask the price, everyday a different price is being told. There is no standard. Rooms are old and a bit smelly.

I can easily tell that staff were very hepful. And maybe the best thing in the hotel is the restaurant. Food was delicious.

Staff was very welcoming.
    • Classic King Room

It is a bit far from city, struck up in traffic on the way to Hotel. Also I wish to tell that normal checkout timing should be 02:00PM. And late check-out request should be atleast upto 4:00PM.

Staff was very welcoming. Both the manager and the receptionist were very welcoming and helpful. Room got upgraded for free of charge..Quite place and very good for leisure time....

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Bed and pillows were really good
    • Classic King Room

Noise from other guests opening and closing doors all the day and night plus their lousy voice was too much disturbing; there was construction and the swimming pool was closed which annooyed us as we couldnt enjoy the weather in a nice scenery

Bed and pillows were really good Breakfast was very good There was a discount for the SPA that we enjoyed a lot

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

I do not advice people to book in it if the price with service more than 45 KWD
    • Classic Twin Room

Delay answer in every thing. The photo in website is not real to fact also it is just two floor. The building is to old. You need to ask the service may time to response. The elevator is not work because the max is two people and some time is stick so you need help.

Clean rooms and equipment

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

3 star hotel
    • Classic King Room

The hotel is very old and need complete renovation the carpet furniture are very old and even bed are not clean and bedsheets are used too much

The receptionists are very friendly

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Subject to my adverse comment above, I am looking forward to returning.
    • Classic Single Room

Having booked and paid, I requested your courtesy car from the airport. Instead of acknowledging this email, I was sent a questionaire by some central office and again from Shuwaikh with instruction not to Reply but to Forward (to the same address). Why? I was irritated that I had to send 3 emails simply for this, when anyone reading my request had all the information with the first email. Procedure was being rigidly followed. I felt like cancelling the booking, but I knew that having arrived, all would be well. I have used this Movenpick Hotel for nearly 7 years, please do not spoil that relationship with pettiness.

The food was very well presented and the hot dishes were still hot. The serving trays were frequently checked and replaced as necessary. Reception staff were excellent and all staff made my stay comfortable and very pleasant. (I am an older man at 83yrs) so I am looking for quality and tastful comfort.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

3 Stars hotel ...
    • Classic King Room

Need a total renovation. Rooms are old and bed sheets were not 100% clean. Cheap brands used for TVs and hair dryers (not working well). The water disconnected 2 times during my stay with any prior notice from the hotel. The second disconnection was during morning and caused in missing my meeting as the water disconnected during my shower where I was covered with soap ! (Hotel did not take any action to make it up). Water pressure in bathroom is very low as you will not be able to take a normal shower at all. The bottom line, this is nothing like a 5 star hotel at all. I will not come back again for sure.

Front office staff were really friendly, specially Princess. She was very helpful and welcoming. Very peaceful and calm atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Overall very pleasant.
    • Classic King Room

The location is centric to the industrial area which was far from the city, but I took advice from fellow travelers. Can't change where it is, but if you have business other than port of Kuwait or industrial area it's better to choose downtown locale. But if yiur business is in this area then it's the best bet. No complaint, just the location.

Excellent staff, no doubt they are trained in hospitality. Very helpful and courteous in all levels, special thanks to Joyce ar front office and concierge Ali. But really everyone was service oriented and willing to assist, high marks for staff courtesy.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

The hotel suited my needs perfectly.
    • Classic Twin Room

Beyond control of the hotel: the smell coming from the port. It prevents you from sitting in the garden.

System was down when I arrived. They could not retrieve my booking. But they arranged a room immediately at a very friendly rate. Excellent receptionist during the night.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Friendly staff, great food, not the greatest area
    • Classic King Room

The location is in the industrial area (but quite close to the airport) so expect to have to drive a ways to get anywhere, the actual grounds are so well kept that it's pretty well hidden. The wifi is decent but don't expect to be able to stream without a little difficulty.

Was picked up from the airport by a hotel car, very polite and got me to the hotel quickly. Staff were extremely courteous and friendly and I got an upgrade on my room. The welcome hot chocolate was delicious and the room was spacious and clean and with a balcony overlooking the pool. The bathroom had a rain shower large enough to throw a party in! Breakfast was in a beautiful well lit area and offered a huge array of choices, and everything I tried was delicious.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Can Be Improved
    • Classic King Room

Bed mattress was not comfortable -- the type you sink in. Bathroom hot water was not hot enough (e.g. for shaving).

The breakfast was good. Reception staff very friendly.

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

• Classic Twin Room

The bad smell around the hotel coming from Bay , they need to find solution to control it , as planting some perfume plant around and inside the hotel

They are friendly stuff and fast response for any request.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

good
    • Classic Twin Room

I have requested through booking a double beds room and once arrived it's no available and they keep me a time in the lobby to arrange it then the beds are different sizes.

The hotel staff services are good.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Worse experience in a 5 stars hotel

We were treated very bad, room was not ready, no mini bar aminities were for one person even after we told the reception the second day nothing was done

The place is in a quiet area of country

Old furniture

Old furniture

Nothing. Everything is bad seriously. Check point for wasting time

every thing is good staff were very kind and respectful

the location

every thing is good staff were very kind and respectful

Not a 5 star facility as advertised in website and booking.

Not a 5 star facility as advertised in website and booking.com

Bad

Bad

Every thing

Every thing

It was faraway
    • Classic Twin Room

It was faraway And bad smell color of swimming pool it’s coming in all room

It's an old hotel.

It's an old hotel.

Very good

Not really.

Staff very welcoming and friendly everyone wants to assist.

Good stay

No sea access

Friendly staff and great responses to any requirements

hygiene, Hotel Facilities

Reception Staff

Food + overall environment + staff attitude

Pool heater should be available all the time for the visitors since its 5 stars hotel

Food + overall environment + staff attitude

It was a good stay overall
    • Classic Twin Room

Bad Smell due to the sea shore

Entire Staff is friendly and helpful

• Classic Twin Room

It’s far away from the city and the elevator doesn’t work and the restaurant at the hotel close early

I like the weather at the hotel and staff

If u have a car this good hotle

Far location

Good value for money

Nice and quite friendly staff

Unfortunatly on spa at the hotel

The staff friendly and the breakfast good

Staff

Overall I like it

TV wasn’t working properly

Outside space was so relaxing, we all enjoyed Thanks

Need to improve