Reviews of Radisson Blu Hotel, Beirut Verdun 5 stars

#43 of 140 hotels in Beirut

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Great location but Expensive
    • Standard Room

Hotel is right next to a school with too much noise. Parking is very expensive. shower partition leaks water causing the toilet to always be wet. Price is overrated for little facilities.

Excellent location - Very comfortable bed - Hotel is within a mall and in front of ABC Mall.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Thanks to Ali, Mohammed in the front desk and to the housekeeping team.

The breakfast

Thank you to Radisson Blu team for the birthday cake... my stay was okay but I think you need to do more when it comes to the breakfast meal.

• Superior Room

Sometimes it gets noisy as it's located in Verdun main street

The room was spacious and very comfortable. Staff were excellent, very professional. The location is very good, right next to ABC shopping mall. It's easier to navigate from there if you wanna go outside Beirut as it's not inside Hamra which means you can avoid the traffic.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Comfortable rooms, great location, friendly and profesional...
    • Standard Room

The exceeding noise from housekeeping and many families with kids in making noise in the hallway. Cleanliness should be better.

Comfortable rooms, great location, friendly and profesional staff.

Traveling with 2 kids (11 and 9) the hotel location was...
    • Executive Room with Lounge Access

Traveling with 2 kids (11 and 9) the hotel location was super convenient as we could just cross to the ABC mall for a quick bite or just a stroll ... also generally very central for every where in Beirut! Also the staff were very helpful and accommodating of all our requests! Very positive experience!

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

-Staff are so friendly.
    • Executive Room with Lounge Access

-Breakfast should have more variety.

-Staff are so friendly. -Room service ordered through one touch service is great and saves time. -Location is ideal (close to the beach, downtown and Raoche). Also there is lot’s of restaurants and supermarkets surrounding the hotel and ABC shopping mall is just 1 minute walk from the hotel.

Staff and property development can better this hotel for the future!
    • Standard Room

check-in process took time despite there being 3-4 members of staff standing around no pool, no bar :( we had booked for 3 nights, but after the first night asked if we could cancel the 3rd night...staff refused!!

good location, comfortable beds

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Good for the money if you have kids skip this one
    • Standard Room

No pool guess that was my mistake but I have never booked a 4+ star hotel that didn’t hve a pool. The a/c was loud and I mean loud when I mentioned it to staff they told me all central a/c units are loud!!!!! That was just not true my house is central a/c and every hotel I have ever stayed in in is or elsewhere was central a/c.

The location is great the staff is friendly and room size and quality was great

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Everything is close to the hotel, there are many shops...
    • Executive Room with Lounge Access

the room wasn't clean on check in. the breakfast buffet is very weak.

Everything is close to the hotel, there are many shops around. the gym is great

Best location in town
    • Standard Room

There is a big issue with housekeeping, they tend to ignore cleaning certain areas sometimes and not include the standard bathroom kits such as vanity kits for example..I have addressed it many times. however, they would do it right for one day and ignore the rest till I speak to them again. Everyhing else was great and over all very clean and professional, I would suggest that the front desk be worked on to make their standards better as there were few minor things that would bother you.

location and staff

Pleasant experience that was tempered by a poor breakfast at hugely inflated price.

Breakfast very poor value for money - $20 ridiculously overpriced for the food on offer. Would put me off staying again.

Nice to be upgraded. Staff very nice and friendly and efficient, hotel is clean and in a good location.

-Asked for a top floor room and was given a room on the 3rd...
    • Standard Room

-Asked for a top floor room and was given a room on the 3rd floor. -Rooms viewing "Dunes mall glass ceiling" have no sunlight and are very dark.

Worst bathroom ever water is leaking every where my pants...
    • Standard Room

Worst bathroom ever water is leaking every where my pants got soaked with my passport in them and got ruined and 200 euros got ruined also because of the water Also I kept receiving calls on my room from 12 till 3 am and couldn’t sleep all night

I dropped a 100 dollar bill in my car and the valet parking...
    • Standard Room

Under the bed sheets was not clean

I dropped a 100 dollar bill in my car and the valet parking attendant was so kind to inform the reception and myself consequently. Good to know that my belongings are secure in this hotel.

Great in general but couple of issues
    • Standard Room

Bad mould smell on the floor i was on in the corridor. Only stayed for a night but room next day wasnt cleaned as they were expecting my checkout

Location and facilities

A brilliant hotel in the Verdun district that really exceeded our expectations.

So, we were on the 5th floor overlooking the front of the hotel. My only recommendation is that the hotel look into noise cancelling windows as the noise from the road can be overwhelming.

We stayed 9 nights at the hotel and by the time we left it felt like home from home. The staff were so polite and engaging and nothing we asked for was too much trouble. The rooms were so comfortable and the beds and pillows both comfortable ( not always the case in some 5 star hotels). On top of all this you are across the road from the new ABC mall that contains some of the best shopping, restaurants and cinemas. All in all a lovely experience in the heart of the Verdun district of Beirut

The staff was friendly, the room is elegantly designed and...
    • Standard Room

It was newly renovated and the carpet and rugs in the room and corridors didn't agree with my allergies. The rooms have poor sound insulation. There was construction in the hotel and woke up on the drill noise they should have moved my room from the beginning.

The staff was friendly, the room is elegantly designed and very spacious. Location is central.

Over-priced for the service & facilities they provide.
    • Standard Room

1. The street noise was excessive. I could hear all the cars passing by 2. The curtains did not close and light comes into the room in the morning 3. The A/C was not working properly. I adjusted to 22deg but 10 hours later it was still at 24,5 4. The room I booked was 1 double bed, instead I received 2 single beds.

I liked the room décor, space and the breakfast environment.

good stay in the hotel and looking to return after your renvoation and upgrading works completed
    • Standard Queen Room - Smoking

noisy with the maintenance and upgrading going on in the hotel . room floor carpet needs more attention and vacuum cleaning.....

friendly staff and safe area location of hotel

Great choice for a weekend in Beirut with the family

They ask me to make a deposit if I want to use the minibar otherwise they will lock it!!!! That was a real surprise to me... Not easy to get to the room (you have to use one elevator then walk through the restaurant and use another elevator) because of construction

Great location near shops, restaurants (cheesecake factory!) and ABC Verdun... Very clean and comfortable

GOOD
    • Standard Queen Room - Smoking

The hotel was being renovated during the stay which caused some inconvenience.

Beds were quite comfortable. the hotel location is great with a new large shopping mall right across the road.

As I mentioned above with few improvements it's very likely I might use your Hotel again .
    • Deluxe Room non-smoking

The towels were grey white and looked old and over used. There was only 1 face towels for 2 guests. They put 1 bedroom slipper although they knew that we were 2 guests. The carpet and the curtains didn't look very clean. The breakfast was medium low. All and all I think the Hotel needs a mini face lift and it will be really good .

The staff were friendly and accommodating when checking in.I believe they were Mr. Jamil and Mr. Daniel.

Very good hotel

Some roads nearby are closed. There were renovations in the hotel that we did not know about until we arrived

It was very nice and comfortable hotel with good access to ABC mall

The staff was so nice, ABC Mall just steps to the Hotel,...

I paid for accommodation then they asked $ 200 as deposit. when I left, I got just $86. They told me it's mini bar, 1 chocolates and juice . I was wondering. The employee got confused then said because of an extra night. Then she try to explain more misunderstanding, she said it's employee's mistake, he booked for three nights while he withdrawing just for two nights. This's not true, cause I had paid for whole accommodation. I feel that I have been exploited and taken $ 114 for no reason.

The staff was so nice, ABC Mall just steps to the Hotel, that was easier for shopping.

Overall good experience !
    • Standard Queen Room - Smoking

There was construction on the floor above us, and after check in we were told there would be banging from 11 am -4 pm. However, on Saturday it started before 9 am; we called the front desk twice about it, but the construction and noise continued.

We were upgraded to an executive room from standard! We were near a nice area between the sea side and a nice shopping area. The hotel is in a mall, and so we had easy access to the food court and to the cinema!

Good in general
    • Standard Queen Room - Smoking

No free parking, parking is very expesive, we paid 20$ for one day parking - we entered the parking twice . (No parking outside in the hotel area). Rooms are not sound proof, you can easily hear other rooms. It was mentioned breakfast included when I made the booking but for some reason it was not included in the booking confirmation.

Perfect hotel in an amazing street in beirut

The spa and gym were under renovation. Also the bed covers were too heavy that make you sweat although the room A/C is freezing.

Very friendly staff. Also they upgraded our room for free.

Not bad
    • Deluxe Twin Non-Smoking

Some of the rude reception staff. Wrong calculations during payment. The room service served us expired ketchup that had a printed production date "April 2016" and to be consumed within 12 months and it was served to us on July 2017 which means it was expired for 3 months!

Good
    • Deluxe Twin Non-Smoking

A particular rude staff member who also wanted to charge me extra by giving me a false total amount.

The location and a friendly helpful staff member called "Tarek"

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Good in every thing

Nothing at all

Every thing was great as the hotel is closed to all entertainment for kids and adults ,room is v good breakfast was rich and everything was great

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Excellent location and friendly atmosphere

the bath room in one of the rooms I stayed in became flooded with water when you take a shower

staff are friendly, beds are comfortable and excellent location

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

The staff on receiption took 150 $ from my master card wile...

The staff on receiption took 150 $ from my master card wile the reservation on booking was 136 $ They took 14 $ more and they sid we retain the extra manay back !!!!

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Nice stay except the unpleasant phone bill experience.

The most outrageous local phone call rate that I have ever seen in my life. That rate was not communicated to us till the time we were checking out, and neither was it posted in our room. Some front desk staff were not as friendly as the others.

Great breakfast, Clean room, great location.

Location is perfect and staff were friendly and helpful

The room temperature control was too warm, we had to open the window during storm to keep it moderate Also the door keys always needs re-programing

Location is perfect and staff were friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

very close hotel to airport good to stay for night before...

very close hotel to airport good to stay for night before flight. staff extremely helpful in organising transport and any needs during stay. very friendly hotel.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

Certainly not a 5 stars hotel

Poor Lobby design, absence of parking service, poor carpet cleaning, room size certainly below 5 stars standards, bathroom equipment and toiletry kits way below standards.

Just the location...

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

It’s the best convenient place where you will treated with a very special way from the whole team

Some noise from outside as the hotel is on located on the main street ,but it’s not a big deal taking in consideration ,the service e & the treatment I’m enjoying every time I stay in the hotel

Breakfast is always a pleasure for me in the hotel ,I have been a regular customer for the same hotel for the last few years ,The managers ,employee are very helpful Walaa Naser ,,Amer .Tareq & the rest are excellent ,Walaa is one of the best I’m dealing with for the last few years ,,He is a phone call away at any time , I appreciate allot them & wish them all the best .

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Needs more

Smells cigarettes even in non-smoking room, I guess, there is a problem with ventilation Telephone in the room did not work CONSTRUCTION works outside, very loud and the view is corresponding Just one plug in the room Mini bar was not being refilled

Room size is good Window can be opened Different lightning in the room

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Location , staff are helpful , rooms are clean and...
    • Superior Room

Location , staff are helpful , rooms are clean and comfortable , value for money

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

The staff in the desk are really good specially Daniel and Mohammed

The towels

The staff

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Excellent location, good sized rooms and bathrooms.
    • Standard Room

Excellent location, good sized rooms and bathrooms. Very good value for money

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Excellent experience

Not much food variety

Friendly staff excellent location

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Perfect Hotel
    • Executive Room with Lounge Access

water pressure for the shower is not very strong

Spacious and comfortable room friendly and very helpful staff close to city center

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

good
    • Executive Room with Lounge Access

food arrived cold to the room

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

I like it coz it's convenient & cozy

Dull rooms - Tiny closets - Rooms & bathrooms need more super vision

Convenience - coziness - Location - Good rate

Location, rooms, breakfast , staff & comfort.

Nil.

Location, rooms, breakfast , staff & comfort.

Very inviting comfortable in the centre near everything

Very inviting comfortable in the centre near everything

Everyting.

Everyting. Staff. Location.

August Stay
    • Standard Room

Asked the housekeeper twice to put liquid soap but she never did...

very courteous

THE HOTEL STAFF ARE VERY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL BESIDE THE HOTEL ROOMS QUALITY

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Amazing Location and staff
    • Superior Room

We didn't get a connected rooms for our family

The Location near the shopping area ABC Mall Facing the Hotel great value for money

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

I feel I am at home
    • Executive Room with Lounge Access

All. Staff is friendly you feel yourself at home

Great hotel , perfect location, friendly staff, good breakfast.

Nothing to complain

Nothing to complain.

comfortable
    • Superior Room

staff could've had more clarity with things I asked about

comfortable

good service

good service

arrived to the hotel at 2:00 p.
    • Standard Room

arrived to the hotel at 2:00 p.m but the reception said we can check in at 7:00 p.m . The receptionist treated is very bad.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

it s good but breakfast not worth it

breakfast

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

darkness in room should be better

darkness in room should be better

It was nice location and there are nice staff

It was nice location and there are nice staff

the staff are very friendly and collaborate nice place and clean
    • Standard Room

the location is nice and the staff are very friendly and collaborate.

Comfortable ,

Location comfortable

Overall very good

Inside shopping mall

Very good location.
    • Standard Room

They didnt change the bathrooms after renovation.

Very good location. Smooth checkin. Airport pick up was on time too. Room servise was good.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Central location, close to many shops and restaurants.
    • Standard Room

very poor breakfast. the room wasn't clean upon check in.

Central location, close to many shops and restaurants. the gym is great.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Location and close to the mall.
    • Standard Room

No swimming pool small lobby but in general good hotel

Location and close to the mall. Friendly staff.

position excellent ,

position excellent ,

The bed was extremely comfortable and clean

The bed was extremely comfortable and clean

A special thank you to Hassan at the front desk for his...
    • Standard Room

A special thank you to Hassan at the front desk for his welcoming attitude and big smile!