Reviews of Embassy Hotel 3 stars

5.2

5.7

4.4

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Never thinking to book this hotel again
    • Twin Room with Balcony

The men reception were really never smiled , the floor ,room and toilet smelled , the water was the most salty water I had ever been seen in Beirut ( can’t brush my teeth or take shower in this hotel I went every day to friend home to do it there for 6 days ) Generally I will never thinking again to stay in this hotel whatever the cheapest price or free

Just the location is really in deep heart of Hamra , the ladies in reception were really welcoming and smiling

Unlikely to book it again
    • Single Room with Balcony

Filthy... I found a blood spot on the blanket... smelly pillow... salty water... very expensive internet... they charged me extra 5% of total net which was not mentioned in booking.com

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Great atmosphere and value for money.
    • Twin Room with Balcony

The bathroom could have benefited from some floor towels.

The reception staff - and hotel management I assume - were excellent. Could not have asked for a more welcoming environment. They went above and beyond to make the stay enjoyable. Great location.

No, no, no, please, no!
    • Twin Room with Balcony

Almost everything. Smelly room, broken blanket, dirty bathroom, saltwater in the shower,... I've travelled to more than 30 countries but this hotel surprised me, its on TOP 3 WORST HOTELS I've ever been to.

The location Comfortable beds

This hotel was a nightmare. I don't recommend it to anyone ever!
    • Small Single Room

This hotel was disgusting. It smelled bad, it was dirty and there was no privacy between the bathrooms. The guy next door didn't stop smoking so all the smoke kept pouring into my room and I couldn't sleep all night because of it. Also, I had requested for a non-smoking room. I complained but the management said it couldn't do anything. The room was really filthy and the ac wasn't working properly.

I didn't like anything in this hotel.

This is one of the best value for money budget hotels in Hamra.
    • Twin Room with Balcony

You have to pay an extra $2 US dollars an hour if you want Wifi. Breakfast is very simple ( but there's a great cafe across the street) Rooms facing the street appear to be noisier. The taps also have a high level of sulfate- salty aftertaste while brushing my teeth!

Excellent central location. Good value for money if you're not big on breakfast, don't mind simple furnishings, a small TV or paid Wifi. The bathroom and size of the room were great compared to other budget hotels I visited in this part of Hamra. Some of the staff were very accommodating and friendly.

value of money ios good in location is perfet, if you are out and about all day, just for sleep.
    • Twin Room with Balcony

one thing I did not like is I have requested extra pillows on line and again asked the receptionist to provide me with some in both times they confirmed but no one provided the pillow. the room was not ready by the time of the check in and I had to wait extra half an hour. the hose of the bathroom toilet was blocked by the salt comes from the water and hardly the water goes through.

location is good.

Nothing like literally nothing, I entered the room to find...
    • Twin Room with Balcony

Nothing like literally nothing, I entered the room to find some1 locked inside??!!!??!!??! The smell it was so disgusting and the ac was leaking. The toilet smells so bad. The entire room smells like urine

I will not book this hotel again
    • Small Single Room

I didn’t like the room and the furniture of the room.. the breakfast was not good 😒 , there is no free WiFi . No Tv. No free hair dryer and no fridge in the room

I liked just the place of the hotel and the staff hwo work there .

• Twin Room with Balcony

Smelly and cockroaches. You can see one in the picture which was HUGE and drop from the ceiling almost on my face. The beds were very clean. They did charge us twice. Once throughout Booking and on arrival with cash, when we arrived. They said they will return the second payment in one moth. First time that happens to me with a reservation. Breakfast fas not were good, there are plenty of places around.

Location. They are open all night.

Location is superb. And Ka3kaya opposite was a treat
    • Twin Room with Balcony

Shabby room But it was cheap so i guess its alright

The breakfast wad the worst in a long time, but it didnt cost too much and maybe it was intended for arabic public :=) nithing for a scandinavisn viking

Salty shower water. Cig butts on the floor of the room. Never again.

Everything.

There wasn't anything that I liked at this location. It was horrible, I would recommend you pitch a tent in the street rather than stay at this dirty location.

The overall experience was ok.
    • Twin Room with Balcony

The staff were not very kind. and money was had to be paid cash although it was paid through credit card, after a couple of weeks the money was returned to the credit card.

The overall experience was ok.

They have fast room service and the stuff are friendly some...
    • Twin Room with Balcony

The room is small and the bed uncomfortable and they take extra percentage on credit cards payments there is no shampoos in bath and no tub plus its too small and the balcony blocked facing high building all around and the TV is small and old plus the remote control doesn't work and they don't have parking.

They have fast room service and the stuff are friendly some how.

A pleasent stay in the heart of Beyrouth
    • Twin Room with Balcony

The hotel is very nice but the maintenance is very poor. It is not very clean though the staff is very nice and helpful.

The location of the hotel in Hamra. The staff specialy Imran who helped us to organize our stay. And the price of the room

It was the worst experience i have ever had In my life
    • Small Single Room

Old hotel Not clean Very small room No shower box or bathtub you just take a shower in the middle of the bathroom Water coming from the shower is salty and had bad smell No fridge No TV They didnt change my wet towel when they clean the room in the morning

The only good thing about this hotel is its location next to the AUB

This was the second time I have stayed here.
    • Twin Room with Balcony

No internet (well only in lobby and it’s like $5 an hour)

This was the second time I have stayed here. It’s just a great value in a good location with friendly staff

Definitely an economical choice- good value for money!
    • Single Room with Balcony

Breakfast quality and variety could improve.

Clean room and spacious for one person. Balcony was great, looking over into a quiet open area rather than the busy street in front. Excellent location in Hamra.

this property should be out of the rating in the Booking.com
    • Single Room with Balcony

everything, the property is totally bad the service,No bedman,the smell,the room, the bed, the TV. and the disaster was about the WiFi, it’s not free!!!!

It’s terrible. Doesn’t worth even half star.
    • Twin Room with Balcony

No one helps in the luggage to bring to the room. Receptionist seems not professional and showed no concern. Elevator is so small and I had hard time bringing bags to the room. Room looks so old. Tv is so small bulky like ages old and don’t think you would wish to turn it on. No soap or shampoo when I arrived. When I asked the receptionist she said she will report it to management but still no soap rovided because she said she is busy and I needed to wait 1 hour then I was forced to buy it from nearby grocery store. Inside the room everything seems ages old. When I booked thecroom Wifi is mentioned,but it’s not free $5 for 1 hr is totally non sense. When I asked why you mentioned the wifi included they said either by mistake or what we meant is wifi is available but didn’t say it’s free. Generally don’t recommend such hotel at all. And I won’t book it again ever.

Dirty,old,rusty,nightmare for people who like clean hotels

Very old building, rusty bathroom, salty water, spots on carpets and bed sheets, poor breakfast, unprofessional when dealing with online booking as they kept sending emails to make sure they can charge the credit card, non refundable payment at anytime, bad odor in rooms and corridors, torn and old towels, rust on towels and bed sheets. I don’t recommend it at all.It needs a huge renovation to be listed as a choice in Booking.com

Staff are nice

Very bad experience
    • Twin Room with Balcony

Absolutely nothing. The Ac gives a bad odor, I ordere double bed, I got 2 beds. There was only one towel, partially torn out. They don’t have even a glass of water or cuttleries!

central
    • Twin Room with Balcony

For the first time, i felt like they can cheat with booking.com ratings. This plays is absolutely not over 6 score especially considering the price. Room i stayed in was like a dorm and everything was very old and dirty. Expect to wait elevators more than 5 minutes anytime you need to move. I moved to 20 usd place after here and even it was better. Not recommended.

central

The staff was nice.
    • Quadruple Room With View and Balcony

WI-FI is not free. The room wasn't clean and they took time to answer our requests.

The staff was nice. the view was good. and the beds were comfortable.

• Single Room with Balcony

It’s an old hotel, it’s not like the pictures, no amenities at all, like shampoo, conditioner, plus no iron and hair dryer at the room for being at 3 star hotel it’s terrible, a night before i wanted to request for hair dryer they don’t have they said, wifi is 5 dollar per hour, and it didn’t work in my room i have to go to the lobby to use it after my flight i was super tired and i need to do some work but just at the lobby was working, terrible experience

THE hotel Charged me Twice for the low standard Room
    • Single Room with Balcony

i used MY creditcard WHEN i booked and fully amount for one night at once was Paid. WHEN iarrived the hotel they Charged me 34 USD dollarcash or wanted me today again with creditcard 34 USD pluss 5 %. I paid 34 USD cash and expectted that THE 34 USD (272 Norwgian krone ) that i had paid n advance fromhe creditcard Will be paid back. They never did. I have used booking.com many times. FIRST times hotel Charge me Twice fortjener same room. How can i trust THE system after this? THE room hadextremely low standard . And THE woman inthe reception was not polite at all.

Terrible place

Thank for the nice and comfy place :)
    • Twin Room with Balcony

The shower head was broken so when you turned it on, water came out of the sides and the whole bathroom was wet after showering. Also, I think that free wifi should be a standard in hotels nowadays.

The room was beautiful, a big balcony, a lot of light which had a beautiful colour in the morning due to the nice curtains. Because the balcony faces a yard on the backside of the building, it is very quiet, even though youre in the busy Hamra area. The atmosphere when you step out of the room in the morning is really nice and quiet. The staff was friendly and let me keep my bag there until check in time. :)

it was quite adequate
    • Twin Room with Balcony

It was fair enough, except that we ordered a Twin room with a master bed, and we got a Twin room with 2 beds... that was a bit disappointing, but the rooms were full.

Good location if you only need a place to sleep and don’t...
    • Twin Room with Balcony

There was no towel in the room, the bed sheets had stains

Good location if you only need a place to sleep and don’t plan on spending much time at the hotel

Nice stay and kind people
    • Small Single Room

The hotel is very clean and comfortable and people is very kind specialy madam eman and elham and shaaban .. I like them very much and hope to come again

Definitely not going to come back and I don’t recommend it to anyone
    • Twin Room with Balcony

No free wifi (I’m pretty sure I filtered by free wifi when searching for hotel), even iron is not provided and has to be rented (even though the staff never send it to my room), bed is not comfy and there’s stains on the pillowcase, carpet is old and smelly, shower head was broken and were only fixed with tape!! I know the price is cheap but they could upgrade their facilities and charge a little bit higher...what annoys me the most is the housekeeping left the door to the balcony open everyday after the cleaning, I mean what if somebody come into the room I have my stuff in the room.safety is questionable...

In total ..they have no way for good treatment
    • Twin Room with Balcony

The reception girl is so bad treatments.she locked the door for the guest as they are thief.trying to changed the money they had gives up.. so bad treatment... no any experience from the girl

This hotel did definitely not meet my expectations.
    • Twin Room with Balcony

I specially requested a double bed upon my booking, yet I got a room with 2 single beds and furniture between them. When I asked to change rooms they said everything else was full. There is Wi-Fi, though for 6$ per hour. The bathroom is a mere shower-head right next to the toilet, so after a shower, the whole bathroom is soaked.

The location is amazing. Though for some it might be a bit loud, it's in the middle of a great neighbourhood. Some people of the staff were really friendly and understanding, though others were the exact opposite.

A bad choice, can’t recommend for anyone
    • Quadruple Room With View and Balcony

The hotel is cheap but its really poor by every standerd No free Wifi is a disaster(5$ per h). TV was very small and bad quality. Salty water,you can’t even brush your teeth. No parking for the hotel in te middle of Beirut, where you have to look for 30-40 min at least to find a parking spot and you will pay for it. Breakfast couldn’t be worse. To be fair the hotel location is really central in Beirut but for 10-15 more dollars you will get a better hotel with parking and wifi and normal water. I can’t recommend it for anyone.

Cheap and good location, but i wont recommend for anyone

the hospitality was excellent, reception people are so cute...
    • Small Single Room

the room need some maintenance,no tv and no fridge.even it's small but need fridge and tv

the hospitality was excellent, reception people are so cute location what we need near all what we are looking for, good I like it.

A Nightmare!

Firstly, the internet was not free! You have to pay 5 Dollars for an hour of Internet and 12 Dollars for five hours of Internet! There was not any hair dryer in the room, they said we can hire it for five Dollars. There were not any slippers in the room, not a minibar only a fridge. The location is good but the hotel itself was a disaster for us.

The only good thing is that the location is good and the Turkish speaking personnel was so helpful.

Dirty, nasty and completely rubbish. AVOID AND DIVERT!
    • Quadruple Room With View and Balcony

Horrible service. Dirty bed sheets and toilet is awful. Room and balcony is awful. Do not book this. Never book this. Internet is expensive and doesnt work!!!! Avoid such an awful experience by avoiding and diverting. Completely harsh conditions. Changed hotel very quickly to Plaza Hotel nearby and the difference.. the difference.. absolutely incredible.

NOT A BLOODY DIME OF POSITIVITY

Excellent location, not fancy but clean enough, the receptionist Iman was extremely helpful.
    • Twin Room with Balcony

The receptionists are not too friendly (excluding Iman), the lady of the night shift has no idea about handling with complains and about the bookings, she literally was annoying. The other two male receptionist are ok, they dont smile not even by mistake but they do their work.

The morning receptionist (Iman) was very nice an helpful, also the cleaning staff was very friendly and nice. The location is great and I think its quite cheap for Lebanese standards.

Unpleasant stay but what you can get for $38 in Lebanon...
    • Twin Room with Balcony

Shower was very unpleasant as the shower head was broken (and not properly fixed when asked). Water wasn't clear and very salty and the whole room was very dirty with visible dust on the walls. Also, the receptionist forced me to pay cash despite the pre-authorization on the card by Booking.com or pay an exorbitant transaction fee for credit card payments (which is not advertised anywhere when booking).

Solid stay for the money, especially given Beirut prices. If you literally just need a place to crash without breaking the bank, this is arguably a good place.

I would never visit that hotel again
    • Twin Room with Balcony

the receptionist was really rude to us. the rooms are not that clean.. holes in the bed sheets.. the bathroom always smells not worth the money at all

If i had the choice to cancel my reservation I would do it the minute that I arrived!
    • Twin Room with Balcony

The water was not filter and it was salty. The bathroom was terible! You have to pay for brekfast and wifi!

I like nothing about this property, except the receptionists!

Don't stay here.
    • Small Single Room

Everything, water quality(salty and very stinky) broken shower heads, smell of sewege in the rooms, small room,unclean carpets. Horrible place to stay. No WiFi, breakfast situation was confusing.

The a/c

Terrible hotel !
    • Twin Room with Balcony

Worst hotel i have ever stayd in my life . So dirty , dirty room , dirty towels , dirty linens . The hole room was dirty . The staf not pleasant at all !

Nothing at all !!!

I don't know how Booking. Com include this hotel to their chain.
    • Small Single Room

Cleanness is very poor, room is very small, no tv at room, no shampoo at toilet, used towels provided, furniture is very old and not clean, toilet shower is broken, toilet and shower are in the same unit, no view at room for the room, you can hear the rooms beside you what they are doing easily. No privacy.

Nothing at all

Not recommended
    • Single Room with Balcony

I don't recommend this hotel at all unless you only need a place to leave your bags. I booked it for one one night but i didn't even stay for the night. It's very dirty and for very little more money you can get a decent accommodation in Hamra.

Staff was extremely friendly
    • Twin Room with Balcony

Poor wifi connection that you even need to pay. Not worth the money. Room was rather dark. There is better value for the price in Beirut

Staff was extremely friendly Well located in Hamra, supermarket close by

The location near Hamra street
    • Twin Room with Balcony

The water was has a lot of salt and i couldn't even wash my face with tasting it. House keeping so poor and they didn't cane for us when i stayed for 5 night only once when i was ar my room and when i didn't open they didn't came for all nights when i was staying and a lot of things like that

The location near Hamra street

I love
    • Twin Room with Balcony

Staff there was amazing , Iman she is so helpful lady and she know how to help the customers with good smile and the place overall is so good and valuable for the money paid

Disgusting
    • Small Single Room

One day I woke up to eat my breakfast and I didn't find it on the table. One of the staff told that someone eat it!!!! I could hear everything from the other room: clutter, murmur... My bathroom has a small window which overlooks to the other bathroom!!!!! The guy at the lobby didn't take his time to explain to me how they took two times the payment of the reservation and I had to pay third time cash at the hotel.. I will never take second time this Hotel and I won't recommend it to anyone!

A nice and simple place for a night over
    • Twin Room with Balcony

The room was comfortable, air conditioned and very clean. The staff are very friendly and the location is very good, you will find everything around you. Its a nice and simple place if you will be all day out and wish to sleep the night over only , however if you are looking for luxury stay, its not the right place for you.

Does the job as i was never in the hotel apart from sleeping
    • Twin Room with Balcony

Everything about the breakfast, The breakfast included with the room was horrible. Cold rough butter and 1 egg with bread and powdered sachet coffe. Definitely not worth paying extra. Better off eating outside

Location in hamra is good as its close to the main street and for the purpose of sleeping it does its job.

Charged twice - during booking and upon arrival
    • Small Single Room

I was charged twice - once when I was paying for the booking on 23 rd July with my credit card (Bank confirmed money was deducted and transacted), secondly - when my wife came to the hotel and they did not accept the payment and she again paid cash on the counter in the hotel. I submitted the request of double charge to you already and to my bank, but from booking.com there was no answer at all - i will stop using this site until issue resolved.

I do not like my stay there
    • Single Room with Balcony

furniture not comfortable Water in bathroom salty , directly from sea water

I do not recommend it for any one. Air condition not working, There are not WiFi

Acceptable hotel , but their are always better options in the area ..
    • Twin Room with Balcony

The fact that you have to pay for wifi internet and it was expensive at the same time terrible internet connection was offered ..

I enjoyed the location and view the balcony offered which overlooked the front street of a populated hamra street.. and it's near by to so many things you can enjoy from restaurants, cafes, bars and shopping ..

Best budget accomidation in Hamra
    • Twin Room with Balcony

Rooms felt very old, TV is a small old CRT, no shampoo, soap didn't even lather up, faucets are cheap plastic, when you use very hot water, smells like it may be burning

Room is very clean, staff helpful, and cheapest property in the Hamra District. Paid wifi isn't worth it, go buy a data SIM instead

The location was very close to everything.
    • Twin Room with Balcony

The internet was disconnecting a lot. The receptionist promised to get us information about rented cars, but he didn't.

The location was very close to everything.

Staff is very rude and will never recommend booking.
    • Twin Room with Balcony

Staff is very rude and will never recommend booking.com put on its offering. Please do not ..they forced me to pay in cash after I booked with my credit card and they got the money in full prior to my arrival. So they got the money twice and I am registering with booking.com a dire warning and complain

Nice place to start your travel in Lebanon! ;)

No free internet access :(

Helpful staff, good localization and comfortable rooms ;) If you are backpacker you will be more that happy to stay in this place! It's worth the money!

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Very shabby rooms and a very bad breakfast (just some...
    • Twin Room with Balcony

Very shabby rooms and a very bad breakfast (just some rationed processed cheese & jam and cold coffee). The toilet soap is a joke! More than a month after I stayed, the guarantee is still blocked on my credit card. There are much better hotels for the same price in the neighbourhood.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Embassy Hotel, here we come
    • Twin Room with Balcony

Great location. Fantastic staff. Best value for money in town. Stayed there 5 times over the last three months, and will definitely return. If you are out during the day, and look for a decent room with necessary facilities to spend the night, in a pleasant location, in a hotel with great staff, this is the hotel to be.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Embassy, here we come!
    • Twin Room with Balcony

Great location. Fantastic staff. Best value for money in town. Have stayed there now 5 times over the last three months, when traveling through town. And will definitely come back there on my next trips.

you get what you pay for.
    • Twin Room with Balcony

First of all, in the description it was said that Internet was provided. It's 4USD per hour (it's actually cheaper to buy a Lebanese SIM with 1G for one week). Secondly, it was not allowed to make people enter into the Hotel. I had to make my friends wait in pubs around the hotel while I was going to change myself/ search stuff/do anything in my room. I reserved a twin, so technically I could even had someone sleep over for free but they asked extra fees even for VISITING me during daily hours.

it was well located

The location is great.
    • Small Single Room

the bed was very old,blanket , no soap or extea shampo in bathroom, very old and dust covered cloth hangers and are broken and bad. no slippers , salty water not Ok to drink so I went out to buy drinking water...

The location is great..staff är good and friendly

Money wasted in nightmare hotel
    • Twin Room with Balcony

Everything. The size of the rooms and toilets. Furniture is old. Beds with smelly sheets. The front desk staff are mean especially the lady with the head scarf. I reported a problem with a water leak in bathroom but kept tell me the would fix it but we left and problem still there. Carpets are smeared with different spots. For those who pray it's Nakisha.

I didn't like anything. It was a nightmare for two days.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

7 nights in Beirut
    • Single Room with Balcony

I liked much about the property except I would kindly suggest making WIFI an additional feature with bookings, like breakfast for example.

Great location, friendly and welcoming staff. Also Merna was very helpful sorting my booking. I would recommend and make it a regular pllar of stay as its great value for money especially for those on a budget.

Great location. The Owner & Staff are are very friendly and helpful.
    • Twin Room with Balcony

To have a Cattle in the room would a good option.

The owner of the hotel is very nice and helpful lady. Staff is very friendly and helpful. My big thank to her and her staff members. Big and very comfortable room. The location is great! Look forward to staying there again.

Very old and dirty hotel, with no facilities not recommended
    • Quadruple Room With View and Balcony

BAD SMELL in all over the hotel and mostly in the room probably because the dirty and old carpet,. Big noise because the windows were very old and they did not close completely The water was very salty, it was like we were washed our body and teeth with sea water. No WiFi, we paid an extra amount for WiFi but it was mostly not working. No parking Very old and dirty hotel, not recommended

it was the worse hotel i ever been

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Good value for its price
    • Quadruple Room With View and Balcony

The wifi was too expensive, there should be a discount rates if you stay longer, we stayed 14 nights and no Cheaper deals were offered, even free wifi would be best

we liked the friendliness of the receptionist houssam also Mahmoud who prepared our breakfast was very nice

The staff were great but couldnt resolve any issues without...
    • Twin Room with Balcony

The staff were great but couldnt resolve any issues without speaking to the manager....who never turned up and doesnt like to be called so nothing was ever dealt with....broken shower, TV not working...nothing was addressed.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

bad wifi bad bed
    • Small Single Room

the bed was very old, not stable and not fixed well to the wall and the floor. cloth hangers are broken and bad. no slippers

Staff are very kind and helpful. Iman and Ahmad were very kind and provided support and information.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Good hotel for
    • Twin Room with Balcony

I didn't like the decoration of the whole place. I didnt like the internet (ton expensive) 4US X hour. The water from the shower mas salted as well.

The location was excellent.Front desk people very friendly

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Short Stay at Hotel
    • Twin Room with Balcony

the facilities were not all available,no wifi, no extra towels, bed covers were old, no shampoo bottles in the bathroom

it was a good hotel, for short stays, the location is the best thinh about it

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

The location is great and the staff are nice and helpful,...
    • Twin Room with Balcony

The water in the bathroom is so salty, more than the Dead Sea! The Wifi is not free and it's expensive! (10USD for 5 hours)! We are in 2016, come on! The AC warm and cold was not working. The towels and the bathroom are not clean enough!

The location is great and the staff are nice and helpful, specially (Ahmad and Eman).

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

dirty hotel. bad in all dimensions.
    • Twin Room with Balcony

tho rooms are dirty. floor is dirty and old. bathroom old and awful. bathing water falls on the floor and towels are awful. bed covers are awful. small rooms.

this can not be called breakfast. very poor and very small amounts on table. even no tea. only coffee with no service.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Value for money in the centre of Hamra.
    • Small Single Room

The property was rather run-down. Extra's such as WiFi ($4 an hour!) were offered at silly prices.

The discounted price - $32 for a single room (admittedly very small).