Reviews of Grand Hills, a Luxury Collection Hotel & Spa 5 stars

Charkiah Road, Broumana, 1204 Broummana, Lebanon

#2 of 6 hotels in Broummana

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Friendly staff all around and had a blast at fértil
    • Deluxe Room with Balcony

To be denied late check out in my home country

The staff were super friendly and food was great,,altho the hotel was almost empty and was disappointed when I requested for late check out and my request wasn’t honored and in all my traveling and staying in hotels all over the world, this was the only hotel to ever deny my request,,even tho it was obvious that most rooms were empty and barely anyone in the restaurants or commun areas

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

High price no expectation at all, broken toilets there
    • Deluxe Room with Balcony

Value money Lots of noise even late night Property need maintance strongly No privacy’s day pass alowed in swimming pool gym mainly all faculty places are extremely buzy

Location only

The first time we visited Grand Hills was 13 years ago.

The first time we visited Grand Hills was 13 years ago. The Hotel is great as usual. The lobby is like a museum. The artifacts are high end luxury items. Everything was great.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

The hotel is nice.
    • Deluxe Room with Balcony

The hotel is nice. The staff are very helpful, the rooms are clean and spacious. The view is amazing and relaxing! All the family had a relaxing escape from home!

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Everything.

Everything. My first and last time. Unprofessional staff, room was not clean. Dust all over, quilt ripped. Food was below average. Plus, my car got scratched and the only thing the 'supervisor' was concerned of was telling us they had insurance and that he was sure the scratch was old. I explained that the concern wasn't them fixing it but the principle behind it. Anyway, i was extremely disappointed and wouldn't recommend it at all. Such a shame.

could've been much better
    • Signature Suite With Balcony

Starting with the valet, we had to ask the valet staff to park our car and have someone pick up our luggage...the staff was just standing there "shy" or waiting for someone else, "I guess". Waiting time at the reception was not too long, the receptionist told us that our booking did not come with breakfast, but this issue was resolved smoothly, and we reminded them about our request for an extra bed as requested in our online booking. They gave us our room access cards and off we went looking for the elevator to our suit. It would have been much easier on us if someone had guided us to the fastest elevator to our suit, as there are many elevators in this hotel; especially that it is our first time. Finally, we reached our suit the long way and was impress by the decoration until we led the lights. The mirrors were dusty, the table lamp was broken and just hanging, the bed sheet had a whole in it. The balcony was a disaster; the balcony chairs and table were dirty and needed major cleaning. There was smoke buds on the ground as well, the plants had spider houses all over them and there was a champagne cap from previous guests. It totally showed that there is not cleaning done to the balcony. We contacted the reception, they sent someone to clean the balcony chairs and table, but they did not pick up the cigarette buds of champagne cap. Going back to the room, we got our luggage after 40 mins’ after calling the reception and having to go down to check with the reception as well. The extra bed arrived also after several reminders as well. There was no coffee cups for the espresso. We had to request for them. In addition, the hallways had a bad smell. The breakfast was a different story. The toast bread machine was eating the bread, at some point I thought someone was taking my toast bread until I found out that they were stuck at the end of the machine and not coming down. No one was offering coffee to guests.

I liked the view from the Hotel, the landscape, room space, and hot water in shower.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

The location is amazing, calm area, breath taking views and...
    • Deluxe Room with Balcony

Some of the staff are not friendly. No mugs for coffee in the suite, we asked for mugs more than one time but we got nothing. Water leak from ceiling in the sitting room, so floor”carpet” was all time wet.

The location is amazing, calm area, breath taking views and great weather.

Bad services and staff are not welcoming and don’t accept...
    • Grand Deluxe With View & Balcony

Bad services and staff are not welcoming and don’t accept special orders and They are look forward to commissions for the services This is the first for them

Location and the hotel design and Staff
    • Grand Suite With View & Balcony

Very old furniture , service is not there , pool is not clean , room service they don’t pick up , and very overpriced

Location and the hotel design and Staff

Beautiful surroundings for a beautiful hotel.
    • Deluxe Room with Balcony

The bathrooms were not up to par with the rest of the facilities.

The views were spectacular and the hotel was like a gorgeous museum. You are truly surrounded by beauty.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

A great escape

TV was disappointing; channel selection was limited and picture kept scrambling.

Everything was great, staff were amazing, kind and friendly. The theme and design of the hotel was grand. Room service was great, so was the food and breakfast. Bed was spectacularly comfortable.

Worse stay ever
    • Grand Deluxe With View & Balcony

I normally don’t write any negative reviews but this hotel has made me writing a feedback for the worse night ever spent at a hotel in my life. Let me start from the check-in which was supposed to be at 3 PM as per the booking but we had to wait 1 hour as they informed us that they are cleaning the room . It was my wife 27 birthday and I came all the way from Dubai to Lebanon to celebrate her birthday. Well we checked in at 4:10 PM on 21 July,2018 room number 413 at Grand hills hotel brumana on my wife birthday which was supposed to be a special night, once we checked in the room I did a small tour on the toilets which was the surprise, the toilet was very unclean same for the Jacuzzi and the washing area which was a disaster spilled with dirty unknown liquid and the toilet was so dirty. As well the Mop which they were cleaning the room before check-in was thrown on the floor as they forgot to take it with them. So I decided to call the front office to send somebody to clean the mess as they said they are fully booked and I said I give them a chance to clean the mess, so we waited and nobody showed up. Then my wife went down to the front office and informed them in person and explained them the situation at 5:40 Pm and they apologized and assured that during a short period it will be cleaned. We went out for 5 hours and returned at almost 11 PM, and the surprise was that the room was not cleaned /not touched and nobody even had the will to come clean the mess. So I as well tried to stay diplomatic and called the front office and they apologized and assured that the house keeper will be at our room in seconds and after 2 minutes the house keeper showed up with a mop (dirty Mop) standing at the door I explained to him that this isn’t the required tool to clean the mess inside.

Honestly it was a disaster & they should take action or they will lose more loyal clients

Very good location with nice view
    • Deluxe Room with Balcony

relatively small rooms cannot control the AC from the room Staff were a bit cold - not so welcoming

Very good location with nice view Very nice pool

This was hands down the best hotel experience of my entire...
    • Deluxe Room with Balcony

This was hands down the best hotel experience of my entire life. First off, the staff was wonderful. I was allowed to check in 3 hours early and upon check in, we were upgraded to a a Grand Deluxe room which was gorgeous. It was part of my honeymoon, so the staff graciously put a bottle of wine and sweets in our room. The room was spectacular with a gorgeous view, the bathroom immaculate. The entire hotel itself was STUNNING. We felt like royalty, we felt like we were in a palace. It is a pricier hotel but it is worth every cent. I’ve never had a better hotel experience in my life. We truly felt special. Every single staff member, from the check in staff to the waiters, were wonderful. I couldn’t stop taking pictures of our room and the lobby Bc it was so beautiful

The lobby reception areas is beautiful and full of antique...
    • Deluxe Room with Balcony

Some Parts of the hotel need apdating and essential items is missing in the room like long mirror, room corridor is ugly The wood color in the rooms need upgrading

The lobby reception areas is beautiful and full of antique furniture make feels in a palace the garden is amazing

I wouldn't have stayed at the hotel if it wasn't for the view!

The room wasn't clean at all! 1. There was hair on the carpet and in the bathtub 2. The drawer wasn't emptied after the guest before us (we found dirty toothpicks, an empty peanut bag and napkins...) Also, everytime we wanted to increase or decrease the temperature degree of the AC, we were contacting the reception so they can do that from their end as per their request The bathrobe and slippers were missing, so we had to call the reception and request them. The water heater wasn't working and it turned out that the electric current was down. And the list goes on... :(

Top of the world

Far from city, needs a long taxi drive, no other means af access.

Fantastic view, grandiosus, lavish furniture, roof swimming pool, really top quality hotel

Incredible. Definitely to be repeated!

The whole place has a magical feel to it. The staff were incredibly friendly, the room was prepped right on time. The balcony and the view were excellent. For anyone planning to stay there, I highly recommend it and I encourage you to walk around and explore all the beauty the estate has to offer!

everything was excellent, but the parking price very high
    • Deluxe Room with Balcony

on top of the very high parking price + some tips, the valet parking guy hit my car by the wall, he smashed the wall ! the car is scratched (check photo)

everything was excellent, but the parking price very high

Beds were Comfortable
    • Deluxe Room with Balcony

Overrated and way below expectations was our experience at Grand Hills. While we were looking for an exit from the chaos and noise of the city and enjoy a weekend of luxury, our expensive 5-stars short vacation went irritably unpleasant. Lots of systems not working started with lack of proper coordination from the hotel staff using Booking.com system where they had a huge mistake of not finding our reservation. While we do understand that such issues might happen (although they never did before from my experience of using the site for more than 8 years now all over the world), the explanation we got is not justifiable and does not make sense. Second, after the back and forth irrelevant communication and the wait until they prepared the room for us, we went inside to a hasty prepared room where the satellite channels were not working properly, no kettle in the room, etc. etc. To make things worse, we got inconsistent messages on why the satellite channels were not working. Additionally, WiFi was not working as well and we were offered an alternative to the regular room supported WiFi which was not strong enough anyhow. After complaining and having the technical guy coming to fix the satellite, he informed us that if it does not work they will move you to another room. So we went out and came back to the room to find out that it was still not working and we had to call the reception again whick took no initiative whatsoever to correct the situation. We had to call around two times and ask for the room change and wait for around 15 to 20 minutes, so practically out of our whole stay, we had around two hours of delay and problems and unneeded communication to solve hotels problems. A total waste of money…

Beds were Comfortable

the view, the location, and stuff are very nice
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment Mountain View

the location need a good maintenance, there was rooftop licking and the aircon was not working in the saloon

the view, the location, and stuff are very nice

It was supposed for us to stay 2 nights, we have checked out from the first night.
    • Deluxe Room with Balcony

Although the hotel is rated as 5 stars, the hotel is not well maintained. It is dirty, no maintenance, poor in service, no customer service. It took from the room service more than 2 hours to bring remote control, all the items in the mini bars are for one person although the booking was for two. The Duvet was without cover and too dirty. Carpet was too dirty and the water in the pool was too cold.it was a very bad stay and we will never forget it.

Except the location, I did not like anything

*the overall was fantastic luxury classic hotel .
    • Deluxe Room with Balcony

poor breakfast pool not for adult

*the overall was fantastic luxury classic hotel . *good for family and kids specially the pool. *soundproof between the rooms. *many facilities in hotel . *fantastic panorama view from balcony.

The perfect getaway I was looking for.
    • Grand Suite With View & Balcony

Stayed with my wife in a designer suite for our wedding anniversary which was very comfortable with a beautiful mountain view. Nadine at the front desk was very nice and welcoming at arrival, Nadia at the spa was very professional and had the best smile any customer would want to see. Breakfast was excellent and high level of professionalism all round. Would definitely do it again next year!

Great hotel

I was there with my wife for a romantic weekend... The pool area is family oriented, therefore kids are everywhere (i'm not saying its a bad thing, its great for families with kids) since there is no private area for couples although such area could be easily made.

The spa is the best in Lebanon! The facilities are amazing. The staff are professionals. The rooms are very nice and clean. Grand hills is such a luxurious place, we had a great time

A place to have fresh breathe
    • Deluxe Room with Balcony

Theres truck loads fuel or something else , it's noisy should be done in certain timing and better place not under balcony

Nice place to relax & view

Nice to try

The AC didn't work the first night and no one responded to our continuous phone calls. Second, we ordered shampoo three times and no one showed up.

The AC sound was low and the balcony door was sound proof.

Nice experience with a few bumps!
    • Grand Deluxe With View & Balcony

Everything was spotless except for the tub and shower. Very poor marketing i suppose. I couldn't find any brochure about the famous spa. i had to look online to know about their available services and booking info. Same goes for the menus of the hotel restaurants!

The staff are amazingly friendly and efficient. I love the full range of ammenities... quality & generosity!

Nice hotel, but could be better serviced.

Pillows are incredibly high. The staff is nice but lacks the experience that you would expect from a luxurious hotel. Pool and gym was crowded, i understood it is also offered to external members. The parking was closed so there was no other option than to use the valet sevice which is costly. The reception was kind to waiver the fees when asked.

Nice and clean room, with a view from the balcony. Coffee machine and capsules in room.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Na
    • Grand Deluxe With View & Balcony

Service in the redtaurant/dinner was very bad. Add good blade in z room for shaving, quality is not good

Reception service is great, all went well in general

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

unfrotunatly Stay was short
    • Deluxe Room with Balcony

While there was a coffee machine, they did not have a coffee or creamer stirrer in the room

Excellent pleasant staff

The view
    • Deluxe Room with Balcony

Everything was horrible. One of the worst hotels I have ever been to in my entire life.

The view

The staff

The breakfast could be better

The staff

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

the location was great
    • Deluxe Room with Balcony

the room was small but good. However, the service was troubl

the location was great

Fairly nice

Overpriced

Pool, room view and the hotel location

Awesome venue for relaxation
    • Grand Suite With View & Balcony

The staff friendliness and professionalism as well as the overall experience

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Pissine

Pissine

Very expensive compared to what is offered or market

Very expensive compared to what is offered or market

View and balcony

Rooms were a bit old Toilet did not flush very well

View and balcony

Exterior architecture, and garden
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment Mountain View

Old furniture Room was not cleaned during our stay (3days)

Exterior architecture, and garden

Fabulous
    • Deluxe Room with Balcony

Everything - Service, location fascilities - all perfect.

Area excellent, no crowding, luxurious type hotel, probably...
    • Deluxe Room with Balcony

Area excellent, no crowding, luxurious type hotel, probably from far the best in Lebanon at least as location!

Great location, peaceful and relaxing.
    • Grand Deluxe With View & Balcony

Great location, peaceful and relaxing...

Great stay with excellent staff and hospitality!

Great stay with excellent staff and hospitality!

Safety of belongings inside the hotel. better security!

Make sure to check bath water cleanliness and room smell upon check in.

Hotel was empty

Hotel was empty Had dinner alone in the restaurant The breakfast was a la carte and not the usual international breakfast

Location, quietness, view , stuff ,comfortable,
    • Deluxe Room with Balcony

No vegetarian main courses, water pressure in bath is week , cleaning the room is quite good

Location, quietness, view , stuff ,comfortable,

Fair to good

Noise even after midnight

The Nature around

Beautiful location, very nice hotel but the staff is not relevant to a 5 stars hotel.
    • Deluxe Room with Balcony

The service as room service, housekeeping

Lovely building atrocious state, burnt light bulbs everywhere, invisible housekeeping.
    • Grand Deluxe With View & Balcony

The housekeeping is atrocious, you have to call over 5 times for them to come and no turn down service.

The hotel is nice

• Grand Deluxe With View & Balcony

The open BBQ by the pool on Saturday nights.

The open BBQ by the pool on Saturday nights.

Would make it my only distination next time I go to beirut

Room views were breathtaking

The room was nice, the view was great.
    • Deluxe Room with Balcony

The process at the reception takes a long time for checkin & checkout

The room was nice, the view was great.

it was wandurfull
    • Grand Suite With View & Balcony

need more activity for kids

the view fron siut 502

A hotel to remember!
    • Signature Suite With Balcony

Saturday night BBQ .. not upto the standard expected in this luxury hotel. Average variety and taste!

Every single thing 👍

very disappointing, a hotel with no spirit
    • Deluxe Room with Balcony

was a bad experience in general. bad service and bad food

location and green scenery, the active and polite staff at pool café breakfast

Excellent stay
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

The outdoor pool is amazing. the atmosphere and staff are lovely. Living on the mountain is spectacular.

A very nice place for a honey moon

Could be more occupied

Facility and location

Noise from wedding party at hotel at night.

Noise from wedding party at hotel at night.

Nice hotel but not 5*
    • Grand Suite With View & Balcony

The AC is not very good, staff are not trained and the food is not good.

Nice setting

Wonderful Hotel
    • Deluxe Room with Balcony

A non forgetable vacation. Will return always.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Best stay everrrrr

Absolutely nothing!

The staff were amazing! The views were incredible and the hotel is magnificent! My most memorable holiday ever :)

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Amazing experience

Staff is amazing. Very friendly. Room decoration is great. The hotel resembles to a 7stars museum Definitely coming back

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Favourite place to be.
    • Grand Deluxe With View & Balcony

Extra comfy bed. Breath taking view. Relaxing bathtub. Super friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Great Hotel

One of the Best Hotels I have been to. It is more like a hotel/museum. Very very nice. Would definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

It was awesome

View, calm, food etc...

• Reviewed: 30 September 2015

The view is excelent , the staff , the place and everthing

No entertainment for children , slides or playstation or kids zone The tiles of the external jaccuzi and small pools are not well installed and looked old and if replaced it would improove the overall looking of the pool

The view is excelent , the staff , the place and everthing

• Reviewed: 27 September 2015

Service incredibly slow, even though hotel was almost empty...

Service incredibly slow, even though hotel was almost empty they strongly resisted changing our room when we werent happy with the original one, but mostly horribly slow service and an attitude from the staff when complained about the slowness

• Reviewed: 18 September 2015

the pool is amazing.

-We were charged an addition of 40,000 LBP each day. The service did not match the royalty. Or M3awad's generous sharing of exquisite designs because: -No complementary breakfast! Coffee was so expensive.This was annoying considering we had to travel far to a store to pay the right price for basic things. - No kettle in the bedroom. Again forced to buy expensive tea and coffee, instead of making it free like the rest of accommodations around the world.

the pool is amazing. Gym was nice to have. Italian restaurant oh my god the pizza.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2015

The worst staff i have ever met.

The worst staff i have ever met. They gave me the wrong room, wrong car. Instead of bringing my the luggage, they came to take it.They need much experience. The food quality doesn't worth its high price

• Reviewed: 7 August 2015

view, balcony, bed comfort, shower, location, just all.

The reservation was clearly requesting two double beds, they told that we have only one king bed room only, after insisting and explaining that I requested it via website, I got it after 4:30 pm which is 1:30 hours from check in time since it was not available.

view, balcony, bed comfort, shower, location, just all.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2016

Very bad service and stuffs are so unprofessional, worst...

Very bad service and stuffs are so unprofessional, worst experience ever.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2015

U

U

• Reviewed: 1 September 2015

Art

Believe d that breakfast was included in room rate

Art View

There are also 54 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.