Reviews of Hilton Beirut Habtoor Grand Hotel 5 stars

Horsh Tabet, Sin El Fil, Beirut, Lebanon

#41 of 125 hotels in Beirut

My stay didn’t meet the expectations

Breakfast is very limited. Location is crowded. Ground lobby isn’t comfortable. And rooms should be in prober way such as painting walls and carefull about air conditioning also some problems in toilet.

I like the treatment of the staff over there. Specially the manager

Our spa treatment was very relaxing
    • King Room with Balcony

We couldn’t use the jaccuzi because they wanted to clean it and the steam, sauna and arctic were not working so we were very disappointing at this point but our overall experience at the hilton was great and relaxing and the staff were very professional and helpful ☺️

Our spa treatment was very relaxing

Good breakfast, nice atmosphere in general
    • King Room with Balcony

This thime, I had a room on a lower floor, which was quite noisy. Previously, I always had a room on an upper floor which was very good.

Good breakfast, nice atmosphere in general

very good experience,
    • King Room with Balcony

The chairs in the room are uncomfortable at all, some small orders in for the room are v expensive !

The staff was so helpful, happy, and very quick service, knowledgeable about what needed !! room with beautiful view, nice relaxing, convenient reachable location out of the traffic

i liked the place in general and the staff are mostly...

the parking facility

i liked the place in general and the staff are mostly friendly, but the price of the lounge upstairs is more expensive than most places in new york.

Easy - NEVER AGAIN !!!
    • King Room with Balcony

Smell of stale cigarette smoke in a Non Smoking Room Mini Bar was sealed and on breaking found 1 Red Bull, 1 7 Up, 1 Pepsi1, 2 Bottles of Evian & 1 pack of nuts - pathetic and with the seal, who is going to steal these items in a 5 star Hotel. Paid parking Door handle trim was falling off, inside mini bar doors were filthy Room lights were only table lamps - impossible to write reports with NO desk lamp or main lights A/C kept making a click every 45 secs Balcony had 1 sorry chair & table & looked dirty & never used. Welcome Fruit Basket arrived after 2 days Maid never cleaned the room after 1 st night, NO DO NOT DISTURB Light was on, but instead stuck a note under the door saying we respect your privacy etc. I never used the room service or restaurant as decided on balance this would also be a disaster. This is my 4th visit to Beirut in 3 months & by far the worst experience ever in a 5 star Hotel

Easy answer, apart from the bathroom there was NOTHING to like

Nice hotel, however far from the sea and the beautiful cornisch area.
    • Executive Twin Room with Executive Lounge Access

The evening buffet in club lounge not as good as other club lounges I have stayed in. Staff in club lounge not of same high standard as in breakfast room. Could be much more alert and less interested in own mobile phone.

Comfortable bed and quiet room. Reception and concierge staff very nice and always helpful. Staff in breakfast room fantastic. Very sevice minded, especially Zaid who impressed most!

Friendly, professional staff.
    • Executive King Room with Executive Lounge Access

Weak free internet, location rather far from downtown.

Friendly, professional staff. Special thanks to Mr. Muhammad Sabra at the reception and Miss Amina at the executive lounge. Nice breakfast, good spa center with the Arctic room.

Was okay

Quitness

The lights was poor could study they don’t dust properly the phone didn’t work even though I told them from the first day also I asked for a spoon no one lesten the bathroom wasn’t clean smel of fungus.

Should be much better and the charges are ridiculous for similar hotels in similar locations
    • Executive Twin Room with Executive Lounge Access

- first night, I found hair on the bed sheet and obviously this was not changed when previous resident checked out. This was a poor service for an executive suite. - Parking fees are not well explained, first I was told that parking fees is about 17$ per day and that I can use the valet oarkig service anytime of day or night. Last day and upon checking out, I was told those were Valet Parking fees that I could have saved by using self-park. The hotel reception does not clarify those issues to clients and one way or another, they setup clients to charge them additional amounts just to overcharge and make more money. - Wifi was charged to me on checkout at a ridiculous rate; 19$ per day for high speed internet. I am a HHonors member and I have never seen that in any Hilton hotel in at least 4 countries. This hotel is exceeding all limits in overcharging residents and repelling business away besides the very bad image about Hilton Hotel that residents observe.

Hotel is clean but housekeeping is poor, staff are supportive and the hotel name speaks for itself

Location and friendly staff
    • Executive King Room with Executive Lounge Access

The AC and the blackout wasn’t fully shade the sun There was a renovation on my last day started very early noises , how ever the reception manger made me some complimentary on my WiFi charges

Very friendly and helpful staff , very welcoming and cooperative all my need , the roof bar is amazing place

Perfect holiday trip
    • King Room with Balcony

I booked a king room with balcony. And when they give the key to the room or has no balcony so i had to call them to change rooms which they did and assisted me.

The area is close to the mall. Everything you need is just around three corner. Very near to the airport. Although i travelled during the new year's holiday some of the souvenir shops around the area is close.

Location was great and the view was nice
    • Ambassador Suite with Executive Lounge Access

I had to wait till 6pm for the room to be ready, noting that the check in shoud be at 3pm as per the hotel itself. Aslo there is no parking available to park your car

Location was great and the view was nice

good rooms, but the hotel needs general work
    • King Room with Balcony

asked for a car to pick me up from the airport, I wasn't expecting a standard taxi to be picking me up as I could have easily booked that myself. as a non frequent traveller to Beirut, I specifically requested a hotel car for the collection due to security concerns left my "in room dining" breakfast checklist outside my room in order to get a head start on emails the next morning. found it wasn't even collected so pushed back my schedule for the day. why give the option if your not going to follow through with the service? shower was blocked, water flooded the bathroom.

good sized room with a good sized balcony

It was good in general but nothing special to justify the...
    • Double or Twin Room with View

Room cards don’t work properly, and you have to go to reception to change frequently

It was good in general but nothing special to justify the high rate compared with other hotels at the same quality

Best Direction in Beirut
    • King Room with Balcony

Welcoming Staff , Great Room Service , Nice Interior Design , Spacy Rooms , Between Rooms reception , Amazing morning breakfast buffet , Hotel Location , Night Life Events , Amazing Spa services and great massage

Clean.
    • Deluxe King Room with Balcony

Poor location. Staff efficient but not friendly at all. Not a family friendly hotel. Deceiving description stated balcony with sea view but you only saw a speck on the horizon as the sea and Cornish were a minimum 20 minutes away by car.

Clean. Big room.

• Double or Twin Room with View

Only when the housekeeping finish cleaning they do not return the cups so we always call them after every cleaning to bring them back & we wait for a long time to make tea or coffee , but the housekeeping staff are friendly & great

Number one hotel in town
    • King Room with Balcony

I like everything in this hotel, specially the location and the staff. Thank u for the Senior guest relation Georges Ghantous and the boys in the reception for taking care of me.

Lovely staff and amazing hotel
    • Double or Twin Room with View

The bedroom needed more lights

The staff made my stay lovely and easy. They were very friendly outgoing great greetings and solved issues without me complaining. Serine at the recieption was amazing and helpful i would like to thank her. Ahmad at the lobby as well. All staff were great but i didnt catch their names. Restaurants and room service was good too.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Advised hotel for business or families
    • King Room with Balcony

I had to call twice to clean the room

The wonderful view from the corner rooms... diversity of restaurants... connected to the mall...wonderful breakfast buffet..

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Everything was good .
    • Double or Twin Room with View

The only thing i didnt like and it disturbed me during sleep was the pillow.

Everything was good . The stuff were friendly and helpfull. And the rooms were tidy and clean.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Friendly & lovely staff, nice hotel will go back again!
    • Double or Twin Room with View

Unfortunatelye the water pressure in the shower is very poor on floor 11 and the water starts rusty yellow in colour in the bath.

The staff at the reception desk very helpful and professional especially Mr Sabra, and the concierge staff were very friendly.

Should be better for Hilton chain
    • King Room with Balcony

Inconsistency in payable fees (tray charger?) (Nuts with drinks payable or not) Inconsitecy in presentation of the drinks The Bakers Basket breakfast was served withut jam and butter

Spacious Bathroom Comfy bed

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

a perfect hotel in a perfect location near to everywhere .

Nothing in special .

Very helpful staff , super breakfast with on spot prepared mankoushe. Very relax atmosphere , shopping mall in the hotel and a big choice of restaurants . Very near to the mountain and the airport . Overall nice surrounding.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Everything was superb!
    • King Room with Balcony

Everything was superb! The view from the room was amazing, at breakfast the waiter introduced us to some delicious Lebanese foods without being asked, the concierge was most helpful and the restaurant on 31st floor was a nice place to relax for dinner... It quite simply couldn't be better.

Never Again on New Year
    • Deluxe King Room with Balcony

1: We booked for 2 persons we got towels for 1 person 2: all of hotel's restaurants occupied for new years. 3:Main phone in room not working. 4: Hole in the wall behing telephone in bathroom. 5: Lack of cleanliness espcially in minibar fridge. 6: We called 4 times for toothpast and toothbrush and we got them the next day! 7: We called 3 times for 2 empty champange glasses. We received 45 mins after the first call. 8:Muffins and Hash potatoes were not fresh during breakfast.

Breakfast Staff

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Their breakfast and staff
    • King Room with Balcony

I have nothing to tell because of only one night I have stayed . And everything was good with me throughout this lonely night .

Their breakfast and staff

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

The receptionists were great.
    • King Room with Balcony

We had a big hand bag & a laptop, nobody welcomed us when we parked. We had to wait for the valet parking, then hold our stuff inside. When we asked why nobody helped us with the heavy handbag, they said we help when you have a lot of bags!

The receptionists were great. The concierge (Ali) was wonderful & helpful

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Delay in booking

Never had this problem. Only last 2 bookings had delay to reach hotel

My booking .com booking was done at 12.23 pm same day. At 2 pm it still did not reach hotel !!!

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Welcome to Beirut
    • Double or Twin Room with View

The lighting in my room. The facilities are all there but I found the lighting when working not bright enough - a bright desk lamp would be useful. To be fair, I did not ask for one but suspect, if I had complained, one would have been found! As in many hotels, as a female, I also found the lighting when applying make-up not the best!

This was my first visit to Lebanon and I was impressed. The country is so full of history and friendly people - as well as rubbish - and I hope to return soon. This hotel was perfectly positioned from my point of view as it was close to the HQ of the local companies I was visiting and had easy access around the city and for travel further a field (as long as someone else is driving!). The staff were extraordinary friendly and helpful from moment I arrived. The reception staff were warm and welcoming and from the chambermaid to the restaurant staff everyone made me feel they were there to help but the service was efficient without being over-fussy.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Everything was as smooth as satin
    • King Room with Balcony

Everything about the room was perfect, I felt like everything I touched was as smooth as satin. I will definitely return to this beautiful hotel upon my next visit to Lebanon. Even the view from my room was gorgeous.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Unprofessional staff
    • King Room with Balcony

we had a problem during our stay.just 1 hour after arriving we were in our room and suddenly the cleaning staff was entering the room without saying anything. He wanted to clean the room,even so the room was clean. We called the reception and they didnt apoligize. Even when we checked out nobody said something and they didnt asked if we enjoyed the stay. The staff is very unprofessional and its not a 5 stars personal. No internet in the rooms.

The breakfast was tasty and the staff during the breakfast was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Good
    • Double or Twin Room with View

the air condition, the room was hot becasue of the automatic switch on and off of the air condition. the construction noice, couldn't sleep

the room, and the staff

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Classy, Relaxing & Good location
    • King Room with Balcony

I didn't like that when we checked out noon, I lost access to the pool for the rest of the day. I paid for a room so access should be granted all day. Especially that I arrived late the day before.

Lovely hotel, one of the best I visited in beirut.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Terrible stay
    • Ambassador Suite with Executive Lounge Access

Extremely slow service (we asked for a hair dryer, it took them 45min plus for gem to deliver it after we called them multiple times. I was extremely late to my meeting due to the lack of professionalism and respect of my time.) Every single time we ordered room service, the meal had to be returned as it was not as we had asked- omelette with vegetables on the side instead of in it, sea bass with butter sauce instead of without any sauce as requested etc etc. room service was a complete disaster. We were in the ambassadors suite which is supposed to have a spa pool, but it was just a large tub. Do not stay here if you are visiting Beirut!

There was not much noise

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

Pretty good experience, one of the best in Beirut
    • Double or Twin Room with View

Well it was all good except that i requested that the 2 rooms were next to each other when i booked but those that were reserved were a bit far from each other and a bit above average concerning the price.

Everything was just perfect, from the friendly staff to the good treatment. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable, it was not noisy at all, plus the pool was nice. The view from my room was nice.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Not satisfied
    • King Room with Balcony

I was not satisfied at all services, hospitality is better in a 4 stars hotels i have stayed in before in beirut. When paying 2 fake calls was charged to my room bill.

over all is good

Paid parking

Paid parking

Good
    • Executive King Room with Executive Lounge Access

Everything was as i was expected!
    • King Room with Balcony

Everything was as i was expected!

Satisfaisant
    • Deluxe King Room with Balcony

Business center et rapidite de l`internet

Personel incroyablement serviable et jovial

The carpet at the room it need shampoo

Very friendly and helpful staff, nice rooms and facilities

Very friendly and helpful staff, nice rooms and facilities

Great location, comfortable bed and nice view
    • King Room with Balcony

The housekeeping service wasn’t good - they would always forget to replace things

Great location, comfortable bed and nice view

amazing

Sea view from the room was excellent specially in the 18th floor
    • King Room with Balcony

The international restaurant view was very nice

Marwan in the reception and Yehia at the concierge were very helpful.

Marvelous

Free Wi Fi speed

The staff and the service and the location

Old badly renovated rooms

The design, the carpet and the finishing are not for 5 stars hotel

The elevator and the staff

bed extracomfy
    • King Room with Balcony

the showers in the spa were out of service, all of them ! which is kind of inconvenient

bed extracomfy room service excellent

Food expensive
    • King Royal Master Room

Food expensive The spa cannot be shared by men & woman together Old decoration

• Deluxe King Room with Balcony

Thanks so much for everything

Good and comparative Hotel in Beirut

Rather weak Free Internet

Good breakfast, professional staff

Very comfortable room and location is great

Very comfortable room and location is great

Amazing

The green carpets

The view!! The cleanliness as well as the comfort.

A night in hilton is a must to try
    • King Royal Master Room

no pressure of water in the bathroom

the hotel is royal the staff are good

Location and view
    • King Room with Balcony

The relationship with the reception

Location and view

Low lighting in the room

Low lighting in the room

Staff were nice
    • Deluxe King Room with Balcony

WiFi was very poor and slow

Staff were nice

Very friendly

Very friendly

Was great and I will come again to the beautiful City

Executive Bar/Lounge, Staff very friendly

the swimming pool and the view from the balcony are amazing...
    • King Room with Balcony

the smell of humidity from the old furniture

the swimming pool and the view from the balcony are amazing the breakfast is excellent

Great over all
    • King Room with Balcony

old phones at rooms and unavailability of any home inelegance services

location and services

the hospitality of the staff ( excellent )
    • King Room with Balcony

the hotel should be renovated as furniture is old, AC have loud noise as well

the hospitality of the staff ( excellent )

perfect

hospitality

Good facility but needs an improvement on serive
    • King Room with Balcony

The room service was so slow that even it takes more than half hour to bring an item. And sometimes we have to order twice to get it.

You get more then what you pay...
    • Double or Twin Room with View

I like the location and the surrounding restaurants ;bugfey for breakfast had every tyoebof food you can have; staff are extra friendly.

the pool area

everything was perfect.

the pool area

everything was great.
    • King Room with Balcony

everything was great. service is super good

Room was spacious

Old hotel Classic and old furniture Too dim rooms

Room was spacious Helpful staff

House keeping did a good job kept the room clean!
    • King Room with Balcony

Room service was very poor!!! , food was bad and very poor service

House keeping did a good job kept the room clean!!!

Highly recommended. I always stay here when I visit Beirut. Great staff and service.
    • Deluxe King Room with Balcony

Friendly staff and amazing service. Mohamad Marmar at front desk is superb. Very clean and spacious rooms. Delicious breakfast.